Home
Fellow campers,
Normally when I request prayers it is for someone else in need(I personally feel that God has left me.I never pray for myself but I do give thanks.) and I will say a prayer for anyone who posts a request.This time I need some.I have wasted a lot of time allowing myself to live in a depression.It is embarrassing to say the least.The situation that I have allowed my wife and I to get into is also embarrassing.Living with me must be like swimming with a bowling ball in each hand.Sunday we were given some bad news regarding our housing situation which I knew was coming but chose to ignore.
I need some prayers for strength to become the hero that I know is in side of me instead of the zero that I have become.

I humbly thank you.
Done here asap. Its a tough road, but you'll get there! Know that many folks care and are rooting for ya!!

Jeff
Done.
Originally Posted by Sauer200
Fellow campers,
Normally when I request prayers it is for someone else in need(I personally feel that God has left me.I never pray for myself but I do give thanks.) and I will say a prayer for anyone who posts a request.This time I need some.I have wasted a lot of time letting the demon known as depression darken my life.It is embarrassing to say the least.The situation that I have allowed my wife and I to get into is also embarrassing.Living with me must be like swimming with a bowling ball in each hand.Sunday we were given some bad news regarding our housing situation which I knew was coming but chose to ignore.
I need some prayers for strength to become the hero that I know is in side of me instead of the zero that I have become.

I humbly thank you.

I wish you and your wife well.
Prayers for you and your family.

Ed
It is my belief that God uses the low points in our life to draw us to Him if we will allow it. I can't believe that anybody has become successful and wealthy ever has said, "I owe this to God and His mercies. I believe that I'll become a Christian out of my appreciation." We turn to Him only after we have been shown in some manner that we cannot save ourselves.

Surrender your will to Him and allow Him to work his Grace. You must believe that He only wants the best for you and He knows what you need. The only prayer God hears from a person who is not his is the prayer of Salvation. After that there are no limits except those that He ordains.

His will be done.
Prayers for strength in your life - Do not hesitate to consult with clergy and counselors for help.. Very best wishes, sir..
Thoughts and prayers from Iowa. As advised above, seek out some assistance from whatever sources may be available. Do not be too proud or discouraged to do so. God provides resources as a way of answering prayer. It is up to us to recognize and utilize them.
Done, sir.
you still have each others
It is never to late to change, until it is everlasting too late. Start now. Become who you want to be and if you feel yourself slipping back into the old and easy ways, ask and pray for help. Rooting for you!
One thing I'd like to add to MColeman's response is that if you have prayed the prayer of salvation and are indeed born again, the Bible says that "He will never leave you nor forsake you." You may have left Him but he will welcome you back just as the Prodigal Son was welcomed back in the Bible.
Matthew 11:28 - King James Version (KJV)

Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

Above all this verse, and the Grace of God, has seen me through more trials and burdens of life than I thought I could ever weather.

Even as I write this God's Grace is what is getting me through and giving me the strength, at this time, as I try to help and care for a ill family member.

Mickey has given you good advice to follow, it will lead you where you need to be with God, and with yourself.

Prayers said for you and your Wife.

Lynn

Prayers sent, wish you the best.

Originally Posted by MColeman
I can't believe that anybody has become successful and wealthy ever has said, "I owe this to God and His mercies. I believe that I'll become a Christian out of my appreciation."

Even though I have had relatively few successes in my life I have taken the time to thank God for the ability.I believe it is arrogant to think that we alone are responsible for the successes in our lives.

I have unconventional theories about God,but I do think He exists.

Thanks for all of the responses.
Kinda hard to read right now.
God and who/what he is CAN be known, and he desparately wants to be known and have a relationship with you. It is why he went to all of the trouble to write, via dozens of writers over thousands of years, the Bible. Also why he came in bodliy form and suffered horribly. To make a way for you to not only know him but to have a repaired and whole relationship with you. When you allow the light of the Lord to come in, Darkness cannot stay. All of the darkness in the world cannot snuff out the light of one timny candle. Gods light and love is MUCH more powerful than that, I will pray but will also counsel you to seek and turn your life over to that light and love which is THE great God of the universe. Praying now.... MARK
MColeman said: It is my belief that God uses the low points in our life to draw us to Him if we will allow it. - - - - Surrender your will to Him and allow Him to work his Grace. You must believe that He only wants the best for you and He knows what you need. The only prayer God hears from a person who is not his is the prayer of Salvation. After that there are no limits except those that He ordains.
His will be done.

+++ I will be praying for your enlightenment and the solutions that can make your life whole. All of the best to you, and so glad that you asked here.
sent
Done.

BP...
God's help often comes in the most least likely ways and form. powdr
Prayers sent. Seek help to get you through this. God will not put more on you than you can bear. Trust and believe in him. Dave
I know this is difficult to do and I don't know if I can do it myself in all instances, but God said that no matter what happens to give thanks to Him. He can take care of it. Don't be so hard on yourself. Maybe you haven't done anything because you have no clue what to do. He told you not to worry, do what you can and turn the rest over to Him. If you are starving or freezing let me know. He can't show you what to do until there is no other choice than to accept His answer. Pray for His help and guidance. God bless you.
Prayers sent! God Bless!
Many have their ideas about God. If you want to KNOW Him, He gave a book Called The Holy Bible to instruct you in life and salvation, then you dont have to wonder if your ideas are right or wrong and you can quit depending on yourself and start depending on Him. It doesn't sound like you have done well in depending on yourself and your ideas about Him.
Originally Posted by packrat77
One thing I'd like to add to MColeman's response is that if you have prayed the prayer of salvation and are indeed born again, the Bible says that "He will never leave you nor forsake you." You may have left Him but he will welcome you back just as the Prodigal Son was welcomed back in the Bible.

Agreed!! He is there for you. I will be praying for you, your wife and the struggles you face.
Prayers sent
Prayers offered. Don't stop praising Him.
A book I'd highly recommend is "Wild At Heart". I'm not one that can often be found with a book in my hand and I absolutely despise anything that could be found on a "self help" book shelf. Thankfully this book was nothing like that. It deals with the heart of men in general and how society AND the Church have more or less emasculated men.

Your heart cry to be the hero that you know is inside of you rang true with me. This book was a real eye opener and a real encouragement. I needed it. It was a book that only took me a day to read because I couldn't pit it down. The author is an avid hunter, fisher, and hiker and writes from that prospective.

My signature line is from that book. It may be right up your alley.
Fellow campers,
Normally when I request prayers it is for someone else in need(I personally feel that God has left me.I never pray for myself but I do give thanks.) and I will say a prayer for anyone who posts a request.This time I need some.I have wasted a lot of time allowing myself to live in a depression.It is embarrassing to say the least.The situation that I have allowed my wife and I to get into is also embarrassing.Living with me must be like swimming with a bowling ball in each hand.Sunday we were given some bad news regarding our housing situation which I knew was coming but chose to ignore.

I humbly thank you.
Don't take this the wrong way but God never left you....actually you left Him.
But I will pray for you.
Prayers on the way.
Through great difficulties I have come to know Him well enough to ask that He help you through your present difficulties. Many times, blessings arrive disguised as calamities.

Draw near to Him, and...step up to the plate. Anyone who has a handle that starts with SAUER has to be a class act in my book.

Prayers for you.
Surely hope it all works out to the good for you.
You have it within your power to make things better.

If you set your mind to it - you will.

The past is but a memory, the future may never be, act in the present - that's what it is.

When you wake up tomorrow - be the change you want to see. One day at a time. The power within is all we can ever truly count on.
Done. Serious stuff, depression. Get some medical help.
More prayers added here.
Prayers sent
Fellow campers,

I humbly thank you.

I've made some really good choices about housing, and some bad ones, too. I have despaired more than once, thinking I might have dug myself into a deep hole, but in the end things worked out okay.

It's perfectly okay to ask for prayers, for wisdom & strength to meet life's challenges. They are gladly sent from here.
I have said this before in other prayer request threads,it is inspirational to see the concern and words of encouragement and promises of prayers from people that have never met face to face.

I needed a good kick in the a$$ to jump start the rest of my life and this was it.
Thanks.

And I also want to publicly say thanks to those who shared their personal experiences,it is encouraging to know that others have overcome greater struggles than I am experiencing.
Sounds like you are on the right road.
Sauer200, I have faith that my Higher Power, God, will never present me with more than I can manage. I have faith that you and your wife will not be challenged by more than you can manage. My thoughts and prayer for you Sauer.
Prayers Sent.
no need to explain, just ask, and it's done.
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
no need to explain, just ask, and it's done.

Actually it was therapeutic typing it out and the PMs I received from a few who have had similar experiences were candid and thoughtful.

But it is nice to know If I requested prayers I will get them!
Get off your butt and do what needs to be done. It's either that, or quit. Sometimes it's just that simple.
Originally Posted by JeffP40
Get off your butt and do what needs to be done. It's either that, or quit. Sometimes it's just that simple.

In other words, put feet to your prayers. It works.
© 24hourcampfire