Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Fellow campers,
Normally when I request prayers it is for someone else in need(I personally feel that God has left me.I never pray for myself but I do give thanks.) and I will say a prayer for anyone who posts a request.This time I need some.I have wasted a lot of time allowing myself to live in a depression.It is embarrassing to say the least.The situation that I have allowed my wife and I to get into is also embarrassing.Living with me must be like swimming with a bowling ball in each hand.Sunday we were given some bad news regarding our housing situation which I knew was coming but chose to ignore.
I need some prayers for strength to become the hero that I know is in side of me instead of the zero that I have become.

I humbly thank you.

Last edited by Sauer200; 11/14/11.
GB4

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Done here asap. Its a tough road, but you'll get there! Know that many folks care and are rooting for ya!!

Jeff

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Done.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Sauer200
Fellow campers,
Normally when I request prayers it is for someone else in need(I personally feel that God has left me.I never pray for myself but I do give thanks.) and I will say a prayer for anyone who posts a request.This time I need some.I have wasted a lot of time letting the demon known as depression darken my life.It is embarrassing to say the least.The situation that I have allowed my wife and I to get into is also embarrassing.Living with me must be like swimming with a bowling ball in each hand.Sunday we were given some bad news regarding our housing situation which I knew was coming but chose to ignore.
I need some prayers for strength to become the hero that I know is in side of me instead of the zero that I have become.

I humbly thank you.

I wish you and your wife well.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Prayers for you and your family.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It is my belief that God uses the low points in our life to draw us to Him if we will allow it. I can't believe that anybody has become successful and wealthy ever has said, "I owe this to God and His mercies. I believe that I'll become a Christian out of my appreciation." We turn to Him only after we have been shown in some manner that we cannot save ourselves.

Surrender your will to Him and allow Him to work his Grace. You must believe that He only wants the best for you and He knows what you need. The only prayer God hears from a person who is not his is the prayer of Salvation. After that there are no limits except those that He ordains.

His will be done.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Prayers for strength in your life - Do not hesitate to consult with clergy and counselors for help.. Very best wishes, sir..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Thoughts and prayers from Iowa. As advised above, seek out some assistance from whatever sources may be available. Do not be too proud or discouraged to do so. God provides resources as a way of answering prayer. It is up to us to recognize and utilize them.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Done, sir.

I'd rather have a bad day hunting than a good day working!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
you still have each others

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It is never to late to change, until it is everlasting too late. Start now. Become who you want to be and if you feel yourself slipping back into the old and easy ways, ask and pray for help. Rooting for you!

Now with even more aplomb
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
One thing I'd like to add to MColeman's response is that if you have prayed the prayer of salvation and are indeed born again, the Bible says that "He will never leave you nor forsake you." You may have left Him but he will welcome you back just as the Prodigal Son was welcomed back in the Bible.

Don't believe everything you think.

You ain't learnin' nothin' when you're talking.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Matthew 11:28 - King James Version (KJV)

Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

Above all this verse, and the Grace of God, has seen me through more trials and burdens of life than I thought I could ever weather.

Even as I write this God's Grace is what is getting me through and giving me the strength, at this time, as I try to help and care for a ill family member.

Mickey has given you good advice to follow, it will lead you where you need to be with God, and with yourself.

Prayers said for you and your Wife.

Lynn

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Prayers sent, wish you the best.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by MColeman
I can't believe that anybody has become successful and wealthy ever has said, "I owe this to God and His mercies. I believe that I'll become a Christian out of my appreciation."

Even though I have had relatively few successes in my life I have taken the time to thank God for the ability.I believe it is arrogant to think that we alone are responsible for the successes in our lives.

I have unconventional theories about God,but I do think He exists.

Thanks for all of the responses.
Kinda hard to read right now.

Last edited by Sauer200; 11/14/11.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
God and who/what he is CAN be known, and he desparately wants to be known and have a relationship with you. It is why he went to all of the trouble to write, via dozens of writers over thousands of years, the Bible. Also why he came in bodliy form and suffered horribly. To make a way for you to not only know him but to have a repaired and whole relationship with you. When you allow the light of the Lord to come in, Darkness cannot stay. All of the darkness in the world cannot snuff out the light of one timny candle. Gods light and love is MUCH more powerful than that, I will pray but will also counsel you to seek and turn your life over to that light and love which is THE great God of the universe. Praying now.... MARK

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
MColeman said: It is my belief that God uses the low points in our life to draw us to Him if we will allow it. - - - - Surrender your will to Him and allow Him to work his Grace. You must believe that He only wants the best for you and He knows what you need. The only prayer God hears from a person who is not his is the prayer of Salvation. After that there are no limits except those that He ordains.
His will be done.

+++ I will be praying for your enlightenment and the solutions that can make your life whole. All of the best to you, and so glad that you asked here.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
sent

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Done.

BP...

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
God's help often comes in the most least likely ways and form. powdr

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

667 members (10Glocks, 160user, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 10ring1, 12344mag, 78 invisible), 2,348 guests, and 1,347 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,960
Posts18,480,484
Members73,954
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.