Home
Posted By: stxhunter netanyahu - 03/06/12
really making the case on iran. he's making a speech, its on fox now.
Posted By: stxhunter Re: netanyahu - 03/06/12
i think the chit is going to hit fan soon.
Posted By: norm99 Re: netanyahu - 03/06/12
Originally Posted by stxhunter

hope it hits oBamie where it should
norm
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: netanyahu - 03/06/12
Totally unrelated trivial fact.......

You know his father's Godfather was John Patterson of Tsavo fame....
Posted By: Deerwhacker444 Re: netanyahu - 03/06/12

Not related to Netanyahu,..but

Considering it's going to happen soon, What do you suppose the Soroses and Buffetts of the world are buying up right now and planning on making millions from.?

Seems like they do this every time there's a world event...and after its over I think,..."man,.I should have bought some of that ??"
Posted By: eyeball Re: netanyahu - 03/06/12
I think he is explaining to the world the action they are soon to take.
Posted By: 17ACKLEYBEE Re: netanyahu - 03/06/12
Obama has thier back and I suspect that makes them nervious best if their smart they'll be looking for his attempt to stab them in the back.
Posted By: OldCenterChurch Re: netanyahu - 03/06/12
Scary! This one is going to be a doozy! This could set off conflicts in other parts of the world....!
Posted By: ADP Re: netanyahu - 03/06/12
They don't need our help although I doubt Obama would give it. The best course of action is to let them handle their business and give them a call after it's done and say attaboy!

I don't blame them for not telling Obama their action plans on when and if they will strike. It would probably be aired on CNN fifteen minutes after the phone call for the whole world to know.

The ragheads hate us and would do to us what Hitler tried to do to the Jews ... kill us all and wipe us off the face of the earth.

If Obama can't grasp that point he is dumber than I previously thought.
Originally Posted by eyeball
I think he is explaining to the world the action they are soon to take.
thats what i took away from it.
Posted By: Bristoe Re: netanyahu - 03/06/12
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444

Considering it's going to happen soon, What do you suppose the Soroses and Buffetts of the world are buying up right now and planning on making millions from.?

Oil futures, of course.
Posted By: OldCenterChurch Re: netanyahu - 03/06/12
Originally Posted by LANDMAN4389
They don't need our help

Oh yes they will! And how!!
Posted By: ADP Re: netanyahu - 03/06/12
explain please?
Posted By: Bigbuck215 Re: netanyahu - 03/06/12
Netanyahu should be the president of the USA. Suppose there's a chance? whistle
Posted By: achildofthesky Re: netanyahu - 03/06/12
Osama, bama, whatever the hell isn't dumber than someone here thought, he is ACTIVELY working against USA interests and world order. Too bad what needs to be said can't...
Posted By: JefeMojado Re: netanyahu - 03/06/12
I watched him intently, he appeared more nervous and not prepared with his oratory, as he is usually so well polished and seldom looks at notes or script. The whole time I watched him, I kept thinking, I bet that sonofabitch has the planes in the air as he speaks. Obviously he didn't, but I suspect it won't be long now?
Posted By: FlyboyFlem Re: netanyahu - 03/06/12
This entire episode is big theater for the global screen by all concerned and posturing for a tactical advantage when negotiations begin is the prime directive for all to save face.I suspect as I've said before the Russkies will broker some sort of deal behind the scenes as they have vital interests in the region as do the Chicoms.Protecting their interests was reflected in their abstaining UN votes so don't think they relish seeing them go up in smoke....
Posted By: Ken Howell Re: netanyahu - 03/06/12
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215

I can't think of a better man for the job.
Posted By: 1371 Re: netanyahu - 03/06/12
Anyone taking bets on an airstrike in 50 days or less?
Posted By: kamo_gari Re: netanyahu - 03/06/12
I've decided I've stayed out of the political arena here far too long, and I've this to add:

Posted By: doctor_Encore Re: netanyahu - 03/06/12
A strike on Iran by Israel will be Obama's equivelent to Jimmy Carter's Iran hostage crisis. Oil will exceed $150.00 per barrel with-in 3 days on the world markets and Obama's green policy of no domestic drilling will cost him the November election.

The 1973 war brought us high oil prices followed by a recession and then inflation.

History repeats itself for 2 weak american presidents, Jimmy Carter and Obama.

Doc
Posted By: viking Re: netanyahu - 03/06/12
What was that?
Posted By: agazain Re: netanyahu - 03/06/12
The look on their faces was basically, "Uh, oh. It's really gonna happen!" Doesn't help that I just finished Joel Rosenberg's "Tehran Initiative" novel about this very scenario. [Says he's not a prophet, but -- 9/11 and Arafat's death, etc. have been in past novels written BEFORE they happened in real life.]
Posted By: ColsPaul Re: netanyahu - 03/06/12
Originally Posted by 1371
Anyone taking bets on an airstrike in 50 days or less?

I won't touch that bet, they are waiting to see who Barry's opponent will be in Nov and then the chit will fly.

I just hope Isreal will hold back nuclear force.
IIRC, the U S deep-penetration "bunker bombs" are big cannon barrels filled with explosive �

� and we just let Israel have, IIRC, about a thousand of 'em.

I wonder how big a 'plane it takes to haul and "lay" one.
Originally Posted by Ken Howell

ken this is the biggy IMO,looking at their AC inventory there doesn't seem to be an airframe up to snuff for for this mission.Makes absolutely no difference if Israel plays the first card we're in the game by association therefore enter US air power.
Posted By: doctor_Encore Re: netanyahu - 03/06/12
Dick nails it again.

http://www.dickmorris.com/blog/netanyahu-controls-obamas-fate/

Doc
Posted By: Redneck Re: netanyahu - 03/06/12
Originally Posted by norm99

hope it hits oBamie where it should
norm
Ditto..
Posted By: Redneck Re: netanyahu - 03/06/12

Yeah - you don't even have to be a 'natural born citizen' any more....
Posted By: temmi Re: netanyahu - 03/06/12
Blowing up a working reactor.

Very bad business

Things will go south shortly after

Snake
Posted By: Bigbuck215 Re: netanyahu - 03/06/12
Originally Posted by FlyboyFlem

ken this is the biggy IMO,looking at their AC inventory there doesn't seem to be an airframe up to snuff for for this mission.Makes absolutely no difference if Israel plays the first card we're in the game by association therefore enter US air power.

I would let 'em use my B52 for that job. Then they could take care of some of their rowdy neighbors on the same mission.
If Buff's should enter the picture[doubt they will]all air defenses would need silenced.No one should underestimate that these are hardened targets and heavily defended.Many tactical Weasel AC will take it in the shorts to accomplish this task!
Posted By: hatari Re: netanyahu - 03/06/12

Amen to that!
Posted By: RoninPhx Re: netanyahu - 03/06/12
IIRC, the U S deep-penetration "bunker bombs" are big cannon barrels filled with explosive �

� and we just let Israel have, IIRC, about a thousand of 'em.

Ken i was having a conversation with a guy not to long ago, where and who will remain private. Those bunker bombs are kind of lightweights. You can airdrop from 40000 feet around 40000 pounds at least, saw pictures of it being done.
Posted By: RoninPhx Re: netanyahu - 03/06/12

there are air frames out there that can handle it
Posted By: Cossatotjoe_redux Re: netanyahu - 03/06/12
Conventional bunker busters aren't going to get these facilities. They have all been built since the first Gulf War and in full expectation of the possibility of being attacked. They are resistent to conventional bunker buster bombs.
Posted By: fish head Re: netanyahu - 03/06/12
I've heard very intelligent people argue both sides of the issue. It's easy enough to say Israel will bomb Iran's nuclear facilities but then there's the reality of it.

*Iran is a thousand miles away from Israel.

*There's many nuke sites buried underground and spread across a vast country

*Iran has an air force, radar and missiles to defend against incoming aircraft.

*Israel doesn't have (AFAIK) aircraft capable of carrying the largest conventional bunker busters. (nukes?)

I'm not a military strategist and I don't know the answers. These are things that I've heard discussed that make it a daunting task for Israel to act on it's own. No doubt the US military could effectively do it but it would involve ...

Stage 1. Take out the radar and missile sites

Stage 2. Engage enemy AC and achieve air superiority

Stage 3. Bomb the nuke sites

Stage 4. ... ???

Again, I don't know. Maybe this could be done using stealth bombers but would the US put these extremely valuable and expensive assets at risk without first achieving air superiority?

Then there's the political repercussions of a pre-emptive strike against Iran and the muzzies.

*Disruption of oil supplies and the price of oil skyrocketing

*Pizzing off Russia and China

*Setting the muzzie world on fire (so to speak)

The last two items lead to the very real threat of retaliatory action against Israel and the US. That's Stage 4 and beyond.

I'm not making statements ... just pondering possibilities.

I DO NOT KNOW ALL THE FACTS OR THE ANSWERS. OK? ... It's complicated way beyond my feeble mind.
Posted By: RufusG Re: netanyahu - 03/06/12
Originally Posted by fish head
It's easy enough to say Israel will bomb Iran's nuclear facilities but then there's the reality of it.

It might be a lot easier to just kill all the people that know how to run the equipment. Unless they're living in those bunkers.
Posted By: RickyD Re: netanyahu - 03/06/12
If Obama can't grasp that point he is dumber than I previously thought.
or more muslim
The nuke factories themselves are all deep underground, but are all their support sources (power plants and fuel sources, for example) down there, too?

Do their personnel live down there 24-7-365?

Where does their food come from?

Where does their waste go?

Are their families down there with 'em?

The entrances to those places have to be at ground level. Where's the need to blow 'em up if you can make 'em permanently sealed tombs?

Methinks that those underground nuke factories aren't Iran's only vulnerabilities.
Originally Posted by RoninPhx

there are air frames out there that can handle it

Which ones ? I certainly don't see any up to the task except 15E Strike Eagles with only 5,000 pounders..30,000 lb bunker busters would be a problem but will the 5K's do it? I don't think so with the depth of these fortified sites IMO.
IIRC, the Allies in World War Two considered attacks on German submarine pens as important as sinking U-boats at sea.
Burying the entrances won't stop them. It would delay their efforts but it's been said that it would only take a few months for them to dig out and rebuild.

Hitting power sources would be an effective deterrent but ...

How much power does it take to run the centrifuges? Diesel generators?
Posted By: Cossatotjoe_redux Re: netanyahu - 03/06/12
IIRC, the Allies in World War Two considered attacks on German submarine pens as important as sinking U-boats at sea.

And the submarine pens are still for the most part there today. They could barely even put a dent in them they were so solidly made.
Posted By: Cheesehunter Re: netanyahu - 03/06/12
I think it would be in Israel's interest to help with the collapse of Assad's goverment in next door Syria. The ensuing chaos would provide good cover for an attack on nuke facilities and goverment buildings in Iran. With a little help, the 'arab spring' could gain momentum there, as well.
Posted By: Waders Re: netanyahu - 03/06/12
Originally Posted by Doctor_Encore

Yes he does.

Even more important, look at the comment below the article from the ex-muslim. Yowzers--every muslim in the world says the same thing about how America is stupid for its approach to the muslim world and yet no American liberal will believe it.
I doubt that the Israelis � some of the smartest people in the world and dead-set determined not to be annihilated � will limit their strategy against Iran to just one tactic.
Posted By: 340boy Re: netanyahu - 03/06/12
I doubt that the Israelis � some of the smartest people in the world and dead-set determined not to be annihilated � will limit their strategy against Iran to just one tactic.

Agreed.
Also, I would imagine that Israel has been planning for years on how to handle something just like this Iran situation.
Originally Posted by Waders
Originally Posted by Doctor_Encore

Yes he does.

Even more important, look at the comment below the article from the ex-muslim. Yowzers--every muslim in the world says the same thing about how America is stupid for its approach to the muslim world and yet no American liberal will believe it.

I don't believe Dick Morris has it exactly right this time and here's why.

If Israel attacks Iran you can count on Iran and possibly Syria retaliating. Iran will not let it go unanswered. With the US out of Iraq, Iran's military can drive through Iraq and into Syria and establish bases for an all out assult ... (maybe).

OTOH, the civil war in Sryia will disrupt these efforts. This, in a way, gives Israel a good reason to strike now.

Here's the big question. Could Netanyahu count on Hussein coming to the rescue? Can Hussein be trusted to "have Israel's back"?

Would it be in Israel's best interest to wait until after the election, in the hopes that Hussein is thrown out of office, before attacking Iran? Will they wait that long?

Who knows for sure? I don't. Once again, I'm just rambling.

---------------
I should have added this. Getting Hussein out of office is not Israel's number one priority.
Posted By: Waders Re: netanyahu - 03/06/12
I guess I subscribe to the belief that Israel (and eventually the U.S.) will have to fight them at some point. I can't fault Israel for choosing to do it before Iran gets the bomb.

Lots of possible courses of action on the table--this could get interesting...
Posted By: watch4bear Re: netanyahu - 03/06/12
I see the iranians are going to allow inspectors in again.
Posted By: curdog4570 Re: netanyahu - 03/06/12
Somebody is going to be the first to use tactical nukes.

Who better than us and what more worthy target than Iran?
Posted By: APDDSN0864 Re: netanyahu - 03/06/12
Originally Posted by watch4bear

Another delaying tactic. Another media sound bite that makes it look like our POTUS' plans are good ones...

Ed
Posted By: AKHntr Re: netanyahu - 03/06/12
Stalling is what the Iranians are best at. I hope the bluff is carried out by the Israeli's. The Iranians need to be put to sleep. Someone else needs to get that oil out of the ground so it can be burned up.
It is interesting but very dire. For the life of me, I can't figure it out.

For every justification for Israel and/or the US to attack Iran, I can come with almost equal reasons of why not to. OTOH, for every "not to" I can see a reason why.

The one alternative is to eliminate the regimes, and I'm talking about the people, that would do Israel and the US harm but that has just as many dilemmas.

I just hope there's a plan in the works that won't start WW 111 or result in nuclear attacks by either side.
How about this for an off the wall solution. grin

Everybody (NATO) chip in to build nuclear power plants for Iran and have international operators run the plants. In exchange they relinquish all control of nuclear materials.

I'd stock the cooling ponds with big mouth bass too. Peace out and good fishin' dude. laugh
Posted By: AKHntr Re: netanyahu - 03/06/12
It is the start of Armageddon whether you like it or not. Read your bible if you have on and it will lay it out for you. If you have kids right now, very soon the flesh will be burned off of them. From the nukes and fire in the skies. You guys had your turn and you blew it and now it is all set up for you.
if you PM me your mailing address, I'll get some ex lax's on the way.
Posted By: Dixie_Rebel Re: netanyahu - 03/06/12
Originally Posted by AKHntr
It is the start of Armageddon whether you like it or not. Read your bible if you have on and it will lay it out for you. If you have kids right now, very soon the flesh will be burned off of them. From the nukes and fire in the skies. You guys had your turn and you blew it and now it is all set up for you.

very true
Originally Posted by fish head
How about this for an off the wall solution. grin

Everybody (NATO) chip in to build nuclear power plants for Iran and have international operators run the plants. In exchange they relinquish all control of nuclear materials.

I'd stock the cooling ponds with big mouth bass too. Peace out and good fishin' dude. laugh

That was tried about five years ago. The Iranians flatly refused. The Russians even offered to give them replacement fuel when it needed changing. The Iranians still refused.

The UN offered to help Russia with the costs. Russia agreed, if the Iranians would agree.

It has NEVER been about creating electricity, just weapons.

Ed
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864

Another delaying tactic. Another media sound bite that makes it look like our POTUS' plans are good ones...

Ed

Update, the Iranians have "qualified" their permission to let the inspectors in. They said; �Considering the fact that it is a military site, granting access is a time-consuming process and cannot be permitted repeatedly. Nevertheless it would be allowed after the International Atomic Energy Agency submits paperwork about related issues.�

So, how long will it take? There is supposition from the IAEA that the Iranians are going to move things out of that facility and hide them somewhere else. They are trying to buy time.

Ed
Posted By: Hotload Re: netanyahu - 03/06/12

We are going to fight iran sooner or later.
may as well do it now
Posted By: JCMCUBIC Re: netanyahu - 03/06/12
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864

Ed

They are just buying time....
Posted By: BGunn Re: netanyahu - 03/06/12

It always works out better when you beg forgiveness, than when you ask permission.....
Posted By: kwg020 Re: netanyahu - 03/07/12
Bottom line up front, Israel could very well loose this war.

Syria is the key to when Iran will attack Israel. Iran will not let Assad fall. Period. Iran has been pumping up Syria's military for at least 15 years now. Every tank in Syria runs and shoots. Every airplane in Syria flys, every rifle in Syria shoots and has plenty of ammo. Iran has seen to that. Assad is their point man in Syria and he is already killing his enemys. Soon there will be no one left who disagerees with Assad's government.

Israel can change the time table and attack first but as soon as they do Syria will make a move on Israel and every Hamas fighter in Lebenon will also move. Israel will loose this war if they do not get support from the outside. They are out numbered. Or will soon be out numbered if they are not now. If Israel attacks first, they will get no support from Europe.

I would really like to see if outside fighters are currently pouring into Syria and Lebenon. Someone out there knows how many adult males (maybe even females) are entering those two countries with one way tickets and no baggage. My bet is advisors are already there. They just need to plus up their numbers. My guess is just a few days before things get started, those numbers will increase sharply. This is going to be a Holy war (Jihad) and everyone wants to die a marter and claim 72 virgins while slaying the little great satan. (America is the big great satan)

Since Syria has kicked out all outside media, we may never know the numbers but my bet is Israel knows. Since Lebenon has few travel restrictions the numbers would be easy to monitor and the influx is probably much smaller. But, Lebenon already has more than it's share of Israel haters. Watch for the build up of fighters (armed men and women) and then check your calender for the date.

The only way Israel will survive this war is with outside help. Who's it gonna be and how long will they wait before they decide to help? JMHO. kwg
Posted By: GeoW Re: netanyahu - 03/07/12
Israel lose the war? Don't think so...

[Linked Image]
Posted By: AKHntr Re: netanyahu - 03/07/12
The world is about to see a Man in action and I ain't talking about bammy. The majicnegro is going to be a spectator on this war. He is going to see it happen from the sidelines and will be dishonored like the gangbangers he runs with. I hope it is soon as I am tiring of waiting much longer. I want to see the missles and bombs raining down on the Iranians and I mean like this very minute.
© 24hourcampfire