Home
Posted By: Scott F Extracted Honey Today - 03/10/12
The Wood Nymph using the hot knife to cut off the cappings.

[Linked Image]

Ready for the extractor.

[Linked Image]

The cappings pan. This will be strained through cheesecloth for the next three or more weeks. Not only do we use the cosmetic grade bee's wax but there is probably 3/4 gallon of honey lurking in there.
[Linked Image]

The old fart and his lady work the extractor.
[Linked Image]

Liquid gold starts to pour out of the extractor.

[Linked Image]

A piece of comb filled with buckwheat honey. It is easy to tell as buckwheat honey is black. The amber honey is mostly wild berry.

[Linked Image]

The foreman watches over us and keeps us in line.

[img]http://i721.photobucket.com/albums/ww211/compassrosefarms/2011%20Honey%20EX/DSC_5101-1.jpg[/img]

Posted By: Steve Re: Extected Honey Today - 03/10/12
How'd your hives do through the Winter? The girls should have been out and about the last couple of days.
Posted By: T LEE Re: Extected Honey Today - 03/10/12
Looking good Scott and you are right it is liquid gold.
Posted By: okok Re: Extracted Honey Today - 03/10/12
That really looks good Scott!
Posted By: Scott F Re: Extected Honey Today - 03/10/12
We went into winter with three colonies of bees. One in the wall of our cabin we can do nothing for or with and two hived. One of the hived colonies was weak and they did not make it. The other two were flying today and look good.

Going to try for an early split this spring and try to hive a couple of swarms.
Posted By: Mako25 Re: Extracted Honey Today - 03/10/12
One of nature's guiltless treats, and one I enjoy quite often. I love honey on a warm biscuit, on oatmeal, or smeared on toast 'n' peanut butter.
Posted By: bea175 Re: Extected Honey Today - 03/10/12
I love honey on Hot Biscuits
Posted By: eyeball Re: Extected Honey Today - 03/10/12
That sure looks good. I wonder what was the main source of pollen?
Posted By: 1096here Re: Extracted Honey Today - 03/10/12
I wish I had a tenth of your skill and knowledge. Your posts of life on the farm continue to amaze me.
Originally Posted by eyeball
That sure looks good. I wonder what was the main source of pollen?

Lots of sources. Willow early like now, maple and alder soon, then it is the dandelions and the crops we grow here.

I love honey on Hot Biscuits

So do I along with cornbread made from our dried sweet corn and fresh ground in out stone mill. But none of it is no my diet. No corn, no wheat and no honey. cry cry cry mad

Posted By: Scott F Re: Extracted Honey Today - 03/10/12
Originally Posted by 1096here
I wish I had a tenth of your skill and knowledge. Your posts of life on the farm continue to amaze me.

Pick a date and spend your vacation here with your family. I will be glad to show everything I know. Then after lunch we will go fishing. grin
Posted By: Steve Re: Extracted Honey Today - 03/10/12
Will you be re-queening your existing boxed hive this spring?
Posted By: eh76 Re: Extracted Honey Today - 03/10/12
Ok Scott a jar is in the mail! My buddy who had bees here quit. frown
Originally Posted by Steve
Will you be re-queening your existing boxed hive this spring?

Not sure Steve. We are in an aria that has a wild bee population that is resistant to several nasty bee diseases. If I find supersedure cells I and the weather is right for good mating I would be inclined to let them do their own thing. Same with the splits. Just make sure one frame has eggs and let them take care of the rest.
Originally Posted by eh76
Ok Scott a jar is in the mail! My buddy who had bees here quit. frown

I just might be able to fill it with bees and send it back. wink
they would suffocate here...I brought a skeeter back from Pat's place and he flew back south.
I'll poke lots of air holes.
Not from the jar from the altitude grin
Posted By: PAMac Re: Extracted Honey Today - 03/10/12
Whew! I thought your wife got stuck, from the thread title...... wink

All's that's missing from your post is some fresh buttermilk biscuits!
Posted By: Miss_Lynn Re: Extracted Honey Today - 03/10/12
BUCKWHEAT HONEY ???? OMG ! Do you know what I'd give to get a taste of that there honey ? I have been looking for it a long time [Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Miss Lynn
BUCKWHEAT HONEY ???? OMG ! Do you know what I'd give to get a taste of that there honey ? I have been looking for it a long time [Linked Image]

hey you stole my [Linked Image] but I stole your [Linked Image]
Posted By: Klikitarik Re: Extracted Honey Today - 03/10/12
Thanks for the bright spot in this rather sultry (this evening) forum, and a nice reminder with our weather looking a bleak -9 and white as can be . smile
Posted By: Miss_Lynn Re: Extracted Honey Today - 03/10/12
Originally Posted by eh76

hey you stole my [Linked Image] but I stole your [Linked Image]

I noticed. So, do you think it is an even trade ?

There was not much of it. I planted late on purpose but they filled their empty spots with it and put some in the honey super in the form of burr comb. The piece pictured went from my fingers into my mouth right after the picture was snapped. Buckwheat comb honey. As good as it gets and it is all gone. grin
Posted By: APDDSN0864 Re: Extracted Honey Today - 03/10/12
Originally Posted by Scott F

There was not much of it. I planted late on purpose but they filled their empty spots with it and put some in the honey super in the form of burr comb. The piece pictured went from my fingers into my mouth right after the picture was snapped. Buckwheat comb honey. As good as it gets and it is all gone. grin

You officially suck! laugh

Honey in the comb...one of nature's treasures.

Ed
Thank you my friend. I do try hard! wink
Posted By: Taco2fiddy7 Re: Extected Honey Today - 03/10/12
I've done that with my grandparents before, was pretty fun... and tasty

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[img]http://i1098.photobucket.com/albums/g364/nwoutdoors/16.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i1098.photobucket.com/albums/g364/nwoutdoors/17.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i1098.photobucket.com/albums/g364/nwoutdoors/21.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i1098.photobucket.com/albums/g364/nwoutdoors/22.jpg[/img]
Posted By: EricM Re: Extected Honey Today - 03/10/12
Cool photos. Thanks for sharing!

What kind of cameras are you using...?
Posted By: AKHntr Re: Extected Honey Today - 03/10/12
I don't think I have ever seen any woman or girl with such a rats nested hairdo in my entire life and that is saying something. I am telling you, I have seen she wolfs that have been ridden by a whole pack of young males that the fur wasn't that ratted up. I would call the health control board out there and have her tested for scabbies and such. I am not joking here.
Posted By: northcountry Re: Extected Honey Today - 03/10/12
Scott
Are you using an electric capping knife? How many supers do you do at one time in the extractor, two or four. If you call me I will share with you what I found to be the best strainer.
Cheers Don
northcountry,
Are there others around there with similar hairdos of the nymph? That is what I want to know about these beekeepers.
Posted By: Ken Howell Re: Extracted Honey Today - 03/10/12
BUCKWHEAT HONEY ???? OMG ! Do you know what I'd give to get a taste of that there honey ? I have been looking for it a long time.

I got mine (on-line) from some restaurant-supply outfit back east. Forget where.

Still have some.

Use it in hot chocolate (one of the few things that I can sip and swallow).

Think I'll go have some now. It's been sitting on the counter up-side-down, so the big squeeze bottle should squirt a long, big stream. (It's pretty thick.)

If you remind me, Sis, I may have some left (or have a new batch) when you're here for the Lake shindig in July (along with some Fain's and Steen's cane syrup).
Posted By: Ptarmigan Re: Extected Honey Today - 03/10/12
Originally Posted by AKHntr
northcountry,
Are there others around there with similar hairdos of the nymph? That is what I want to know about these beekeepers.

God damn your an idiot!!!

Moving on, that honey looks great! I can taste it on a hot biscuit from here.
Posted By: WHM77 Re: Extected Honey Today - 03/10/12
Scott:

Please let me know what your prices are. I would like to purchase some honey from you..

Bill
Posted By: ADP Re: Extected Honey Today - 03/10/12
Good looking honey!

I get mine from a local guy here about ten miles down the road from me. I've found it's really helped with my sinus problems, take a spoon full at night before bed.
Posted By: Fishnfowler Re: Extected Honey Today - 03/10/12
I'm surprised that you extract in the spring. Over on our side of the Cascades, (Kittitas), I extract in September. Looks good. We had a moderate year this year and I only got a couple of supers off each hive.
Posted By: Ken Howell Re: Extracted Honey Today - 03/10/12
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
� Think I'll go have some now. It's been sitting on the counter up-side-down, so the big squeeze bottle should squirt a long, big stream. (It's pretty thick.)

If you remind me, Sis, I may have some left (or have a new batch) when you're here for the Lake shindig in July (along with some Fain's and Steen's cane syrup).

Changed m'mind � added a healthy dollop of Hershey's syrup to my Nesquik instead. Also remembered where I got my buckwheat honey and discovered that I still have 'way more than I thought. I'll save it for you.

I got it from webstaurant.com, but the apiary (I just found!) has its own web site � www.dutchgoldhoney.com. I bought five pounds, and about � of it's left. It's yours. (I have a raft of things to make me sweet, but there doesn't seem to be any hope that any of 'em'll ever work!)
Posted By: ironbender Re: Extracted Honey Today - 03/10/12
Looks good Scott!

Gotta love a gal that carries a pocket knife too!
Posted By: rob p Re: Extected Honey Today - 03/10/12
Just about everyone at the Farmer's Markets here sells honey. A lot of them sell pollen too. I would think pollen would be kind of dangerous since so many people have Spring allergies. I don't know. I buy honey for about $20 for a Ball Jar. They want the jar back afterwards too. You wouldn't think it, but there's a lot of people around here that keep bees. I've been reading in the papers that this is going to be the worst year on record for maple syrup. I don't know about "worst" but pretty bad I guess. More demand for honey! Here about, they're both about the same price. Honey seems like more work for the money.

I wonder if the girl in the pic is the same one that braids garlic? I had a hippie girlfriend once (briefly) who wasn't a whole lot different. She used to floss her teeth with her hair sick She was also a dedicated vegetable eater, which is difficult. Her sister married one of my best friends in high school and moved to Monterrey. My girl moved back to North Carolina and became a kindergarten teacher. Nice girl, strange, but nice...
Originally Posted by ironbender
Looks good Scott!

Gotta love a gal that carries a pocket knife too!

She has carried a knife on and of for a lot of years but when we moved to the ranch in Central Oregon ten years ago she learned to carry it all day, every day.
Originally Posted by Fishnfowler
I'm surprised that you extract in the spring. Over on our side of the Cascades, (Kittitas), I extract in September. Looks good. We had a moderate year this year and I only got a couple of supers off each hive.

We should have but we still had a couple of gallon jars left on the shelf and farm life can get kind of busy. Then it got to cold. We did just fine working in the greenhouse. It was hot enough inside the the honey flowed well but cold enough outside the bees did not start flying until we were done.
Originally Posted by northcountry
Scott
Are you using an electric capping knife? How many supers do you do at one time in the extractor, two or four. If you call me I will share with you what I found to be the best strainer.
Cheers Don

Yes Don, we use an electric knife. I was showing the help that it gets pretty hot. Now there is a nice blister on my thumb. eek

I will give you a call.
Rob, same lady. Thy are just about to head off to another farm in Oregon. They have been a delight to have on the farm but we have a new crop of help on the way. That is one of the great things about a teaching farm, you get to meet and interact with fine people of all ages.

Bee pollen is great for those with allergies. If harvested locally it can make the allergy symptoms disappear.
Posted By: UtahLefty Re: Extected Honey Today - 03/10/12
cool beans! I currently have four supers I had to leave on over-winter that the bees haven't touched. I'm trying to decide when / how many to extract.
When your bees start working Spring plants you can pull your supers. You will need to make room for them anyway or the will swarm like mad.
Posted By: UtahLefty Re: Extected Honey Today - 03/10/12
not much nectar here yet, but it'll be in the 60's this week and they've been bringing in quite a bit of pollen already.

I'm planning on taking a peak in this weekend, maybe pulling one super per hive and leaving one on (in case the weather turns out like last year = no flying until June).

smile
Originally Posted by UtahLefty
not much nectar here yet, but it'll be in the 60's this week and they've been bringing in quite a bit of pollen already.

I'm planning on taking a peak in this weekend, maybe pulling one super per hive and leaving one on (in case the weather turns out like last year = no flying until June).

smile

Sounds like a good plan. If it is that warm you might want to treat for mights and nosema at the same time.
Rob, same lady. Thy are just about to head off to another farm in Oregon. They have been a delight to have on the farm but we have a new crop of help on the way. That is one of the great things about a teaching farm, you get to meet and interact with fine people of all ages.

Bee pollen is great for those with allergies. If harvested locally it can make the allergy symptoms disappear.

Scott,
Do you not screen your farmers before they show up for work? Or just settle for what you get?
Great pictures! Thanks. I love that old extractor.
Don't read your filth but I understand you have said things about my wife. That sir is a shooting offense. Why don't you come here and say your piece to my face. You man enough to face up to a an old crippled man or are you going to hide.

Scott Fairing
Compass Rose Farms
1462 West Uncas Rd.
Port Townsend, WA 98368

You got the balls or are you just hot air?
Kind of quiet. I hope he is packing for the trip.
Posted By: Jeff_O Re: Extracted Honey Today - 03/10/12
Scott, I'm impressed!

We had a hive for a while. It was given to us by a friend who was moving. I don't think we had it situated quite right. The bees used it a couple years, then up and left. The honey was unbelievable.

The Wood Nymph looks someone(s) I used to know.... grins....
Posted By: Kenneth Re: Extected Honey Today - 03/10/12
He said nothing about your wife Scott, and don't let that POS turn this thread into anything other than what it is, As in a thread that the average person is clueless about(ME).

I had no idea what it takes to produce this product.

I've said this before Scott, you are a simple Man and that is clearly meant as a compliment....

Your self-sustaining lifestyle on your Farm is envious.

I think your Farm is ready for your very own TV Reality show,

I'm positive it would be more interesting than most of the crap on the tube at present....
Don't read your filth but I understand you have said things about my wife. That sir is a shooting offense. Why don't you come here and say your piece to my face. You man enough to face up to a an old crippled man or are you going to hide.

Scott Fairing
Compass Rose Farms
1462 West Uncas Rd.
Port Townsend, WA 98368

Do you have TWO wives? I asked about the Nymph. And the Nymph's hairdo. I did not realize there was a remote possiblility of it being a Mormon Farm?????? Is it? Or did you simply jump to conclusions? What is the truth in this matter? I have made no reference whatsoever toward the older woman in the thread pictures.
Originally Posted by Kenneth
He said nothing about your wife Scott, and don't let that POS turn this thread into anything other than what it is, As in a thread that the average person is clueless about(ME).

I've said this before Scott, you are a simple Man and that is clearly meant as a compliment....

I'm positive it would be more interesting than most of the crap on the tube at present....

This post clearly demonstrates how those that choose ignore chose to remain ignorant. Their choice. But it then leads them into being delussional about reality. I will never understand why someone would knowingly want to remain ignorant of what they themselves start. The OP started the thread and then ignores comments. Leaving he himself the ignorant one. Makes no sense. Good on you Kenneth for pointing this out!!!!

Thanks for the clarification. and, thank you for your kind words.

So if he was speaking about the young lady the Campfire called the Wood Nymph he is still is insulting a woman under my care. I stand as the patriarch of my family. I have a wife, three daughters and six granddaughters under my influence. I take the position seriously. I also include under that umbrella and ladies living on the farm. The lady pictured has lived here for almost a year. Many Campfire members have stood and watched her shoot at the pin shoot and watched her shoot Mark's 416 Rigby and hit the target.

So my comments to the rat still stand only now I am sure there would be others to stand behind me.

My name and address is posted. A real man would come and say those things to my face and be prepared to deal with the consequences. A real man would either apologize and take back his words or just log out for ever. But then a ream man would not have said such things about a lady to begin with.

So, are you a real man or are you just a coward and afraid to face an old crip?
Posted By: Miss_Lynn Re: Extected Honey Today - 03/10/12
This post clearly demonstrates how those that choose ignore chose to remain ignorant. Their choice. But it then leads them into being delussional about reality. I will never understand why someone would knowingly want to remain ignorant of what they themselves start. The OP started the thread and then ignores comments. Leaving he himself the ignorant one. Makes no sense. Good on you Kenneth for pointing this out!!!!

To this point I have pretty thought nothing much of the posts you make. I even stopped talking to a member here because of his attack on you. Now even though I still prefer to keep that member on the outside of my world, I must admit I see the light.

If ignorance is bliss, you are one the happiest men in the world.

I stand with Scott F, now and always. He is a good man, they are far and few between, I am proud to know him, and call him friend.

Lynn
Scott, It's been 22 years since I worked a hive of bees, but I can't shake the honey habit. Here in South Texas we have a little bush called Guajillo. I makes a very light honey. I'd always try to pull my supers as soon as the Guajillo flow stopped. We'd save that honey for Christmas presents and use the rest ourselves. Web flies put an end to my beekeeping along with my developing a pretty severe allergy to honeybee stings and the Africanization of Texas bees. Now I just buy my fix, but every year when the Guajillo blooms I sure think about getting back into it.

Alan

Sorry to hear about your allergy Allen. That would be tough.

To this point I have pretty thought nothing much of the posts you make. I even stopped talking to a member here because of his attack on you. Now even though I still prefer to keep that member on the outside of my world, I must admit I see the light.

I stand with Scott F, now and always. He is a good man, they are far and few between, I am proud to know him, and call him friend.

Lynn

Thank you Dear Lady.

I really support Ricks slow finger on the banning trigger. This is one case where I wish he was not quite so slow.

However, I stand my ground. My name and address is posted. He hides behind a handle and is a coward. Let him come and say such trash to my face. Heck, I am just a harmless old cripple. Big shot macho mane like him should be able to talk to me face to face.

Call me any name in the book but bad mouth my ladies is not acceptable.
He ain't coming Scott. It's just wishful thinking on your part. He's going to start getting the attention he deserves. Folks around here don't ask for much, just honesty and to the extent they are able, good manners. This fellow has none of either. He's a Troll to the nth degree, first and last. Barking dogs, braying jackasses and AKHntr, all the same.

Alan
Posted By: 243WSSM Re: Extected Honey Today - 03/11/12

So if he was speaking about the young lady the Campfire called the Wood Nymph he is still is insulting a woman under my care. I stand as the patriarch of my family. I have a wife, three daughters and six granddaughters under my influence. I take the position seriously. I also include under that umbrella and ladies living on the farm. The lady pictured has lived here for almost a year. Many Campfire members have stood and watched her shoot at the pin shoot and watched her shoot Mark's 416 Rigby and hit the target.

So my comments to the rat still stand only now I am sure there would be others to stand behind me.

My name and address is posted. A real man would come and say those things to my face and be prepared to deal with the consequences. A real man would either apologize and take back his words or just log out for ever. But then a ream man would not have said such things about a lady to begin with.

Reading this interesting thread when I read that crap by AK he was just trying for some reason to be inflammatory for whatever inexcusable reason out of the clear blue. I figured it was best ignored and was glad to see everyone else move on like nothing was said.

In fact nothing being worth saying was said.

But yes, any decent farm should have a garbage heap where dung can be buried, I wouldn't use that crap in my compost heap. grin

But you are right, nobody would ever talk about my lady like that or any other lady I care about. She looks like a very fine young lady to me.

Carry on and ignore, he's saying nothing worth hearing.
Posted By: Ken Howell Re: Extected Honey Today - 03/11/12
We have our own inept Campfire emulators of Bill Maher.

Not one of 'em is worth paying any attention to except over the sights of a 1911. Nick an ear first, then the other if necessary, then "compromise between the two" if the two courteous suggestions don't resolve the matter.
Posted By: AKHntr Re: Extected Honey Today - 03/11/12
OK. So a few members are fine and dandy with a woman's ratted nested hair looking like something from bohemia but I am not. To me it shows a high degree of lack of self respect in her appearance. Is it now not alright to mention ones appearance as to be out of the ordinary? Or is this kind of hairdo nowadays ordinary in your worlds? If some are offended by mentioning a hairdo, we won't talk about will we. I have to think that any woman wearing her hair like that is doing it on purpose and likes the attention it brings her. What other possible reasons could there be?
Posted By: AFTERUM Re: Extected Honey Today - 03/11/12
Larry? Larry? Have you a new screen name??
*** You are ignoring this loser ***
Don't even touch this toggle to display the post

This all I see, What's Up?

Alan
Posted By: Scott F Re: Extected Honey Today - 03/11/12
Originally Posted by Alan_R_McDaniel_Jr
*** You are ignoring this loser ***
Don't even touch this toggle to display the post

This all I see, What's Up?

Alan

Me too. Must be what he posted.
Can anybody who reads him tell me if he is man enough to take me up on my offer?
OK. So a few members are fine and dandy with a woman's ratted nested hair looking like something from bohemia but I am not. To me it shows a high degree of lack of self respect in her appearance. Is it now not alright to mention ones appearance as to be out of the ordinary? Or is this kind of hairdo nowadays ordinary in your worlds? If some are offended by mentioning a hairdo, we won't talk about will we. I have to think that any woman wearing her hair like that is doing it on purpose and likes the attention it brings her. What other possible reasons could there be?

Why is it necessary to say anything about the lady's "do?"

Is the lady supposed to change her "do" just because you don't approve of it?

Does her hair style define who she is or what she's like?

What does her "do" have to do with the content of the thread?
Posted By: Steve Re: Extected Honey Today - 03/11/12
Ken, Don't stroke the dick...
People need to speak out in opposition of what they find distasteful. They should not sit quiet in a corner.

Only if she wants good attention rather than bad attention.

Yes, her hair style is as much of her as her personality or figure.

If it wasn't relevant, Scott would not have posted the picture. Ask him if the thread would have been better or worse with or without her in it. I can only respond to what I see and I see her "do" as being an unhealthy hairdo and not someone I would want to be processing food products. Not that I would eat anyway. Do you or any others think her hair has been washed in a very long time? I don't.

Just gambling on the remote possibility that there's a shred of decency lying dormant there.
Posted By: rong Re: Extected Honey Today - 03/11/12
me personally like dread-locks,only because i dont care what one wears,(other than the dude with the tatoos all over his neck)in another thread.to each their own,i'm sure she's a great person,,,dont get worked up over ignorance

Oh weird one here for sure. I call out a total stranger for a funky hair do and get rattled for it. You call a fellow Fire member a "dick" and expect it to be honored by your followers. Weird one here for sure.

Just gambling on the remote possibility that there's a shred of decency lying dormant there.

Where is the "shred of decency" in the fellow you lovingly quoted, calling a fellow Fire member a "dick"? How exactly does this work?
People need to speak out in opposition of what they find distasteful. They should not sit quiet in a corner. �

Roger! Wilco!

You, Sir, are disgusting to the nth degree of distasteful!
And I won't knock you for your opinion either. It is your right to voice your own opinion on every matter presented before you!
People need to be able to say their piece and not have to put up with guff for having an opinion. They should express their own opinion and sufficiently feel vindicated.
Posted By: Partsman Re: Extected Honey Today - 03/11/12
Originally Posted by 243WSSM

Reading this interesting thread when I read that crap by AK he was just trying for some reason to be inflammatory for whatever inexcusable reason out of the clear blue. I figured it was best ignored and was glad to see everyone else move on like nothing was said.

In fact nothing being worth saying was said.

But yes, any decent farm should have a garbage heap where dung can be buried, I wouldn't use that crap in my compost heap. grin

But you are right, nobody would ever talk about my lady like that or any other lady I care about. She looks like a very fine young lady to me.

Carry on and ignore, he's saying nothing worth hearing.

SPOT ON!

Exactly Ken, people with class do not feel the need to post crap like that about woman folk, to each his own, and it has been said if you don't have something nice to say, then don't say it.
In my group people have been decked for stuff like that, it would not be said by a decent person around a real campfire of gentlemen.
Some years back, a disgusted journalist said very accurately of a particularly egotistical TV anchor "Tom thinks that the purpose of the news is to bring you him."
Originally Posted by Partsman

Exactly Ken, people with class do not feel the need to post crap like that about woman folk, to each his own, and it has been said if you don't have something nice to say, then don't say it.
In my group people have been decked for stuff like that, it would not be said by a decent person around a real campfire of gentlemen.

Oh you mean like this little gem of yours??????

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...iday_night_time_for_charades#Post6189500

Give me a break. Throw rocks in a different direction next time.
Posted By: Steve Re: Extected Honey Today - 03/11/12

Oh weird one here for sure. I call out a total stranger for a funky hair do and get rattled for it. You call a fellow Fire member a "dick" and expect it to be honored by your followers. Weird one here for sure.

Sooner or later it's gonna spew all over...
Looks like the Troll wins again. Great BeeKeeping thread turns into "The Troll's" personal "It's all about me and what I think" thread. The guy's got to have attention, even if it's the most negative attention someone could get on an internet forum. There's not one time that he posts that someone or everyone calls him down or calls him out. It doesn't matter what is said to him or what he's called, he laps it up because it's attention being given to him, commanded by him, controlled by him. It's a sickness. He's crying out wit every post, "beat me up, beat me up!"

We keep obliging, he keeps asking for more. When I see some of the drivel he posts when someone quotes him, it makes me want to wring his neck and choke off the foul thoughts before they can come out the ends of his fingers to the keyboard. Then I remember, the Troll wants to win and the way the Troll wins is to get attention. See, here I've typed a couple of paragraphs about the Troll. He laps it up and composes a comeback so vile it's sure to solicit a response form someone, thus more attention. After all, it's ALL about him!

The purest form of Narcissism there is. Complete anonymity, saying whatever he wants with no accountability. The more negative attention the better. If we'd change the name of the forum to "Bash the Flock out of AKHntr Forum" and had only one board, with one topic he'd be in Hog Heaven! It's ALL ABOUT HIM!

He's a loser. I don't care what else he's done in his life. He's a Loser!

There now, I've fed you, you fat little Troll. Off to bed. Hope you have nightmares about the day somebody finds out who you are.

Alan
It never was about me as you state. It is about the Nymph and her hairdo fixing food products for others. You have no opinion or comment to make on her fixing honey? You think she would make a fine beekeeper for you? If so, that's fine. Just say so. Then everyone will know where you stand on hygeine and food prepping.
� He's crying out with every post, "beat me up, beat me up!" �

"Beat me up! Beat me up! Hurt me! Hurt me!" the masochist begged.

"Nah!" the sadist said with a smile.
� He's crying out with every post, "beat me up, beat me up!" �

"Beat me up! Beat me up! Hurt me! Hurt me!" the masochist begged.

"Nah!" the sadist said with a smile.

I like that one.
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned about her hairdo. hahaha

Why do they call them Dread Locks? hahahaha
Posted By: WoodsStalker Re: Extected Honey Today - 03/11/12
If anybody wants to know what AKHntr looks like, just look up "ASS HOLE" in the dictionary and there is his picture.
Posted By: eyeball Re: Extected Honey Today - 03/11/12
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned about her hairdo. hahaha

Why do they call them Dread Locks? hahahaha
We know not what issues the girl has, AK. Yours we are familiar with, unfortunately. You make people feel a little less human.
Posted By: APDDSN0864 Re: Extected Honey Today - 03/11/12
Gentlemen and Lady, (you know who you are grin)

PLEASE stop quoting and responding to this troll. ANY attention he gets is exactly what he wants and ruins any thread he joins IF people include him.

Think of him as that noxious fart in a church service. It IS annoying, but it would certainly ruin the event if someone pointed it out.

Thank you,

Ed
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Extected Honey Today - 03/11/12
i drink my coffee black but decided to put a dash of honey in it this morning, its pretty good.
Have had honey in tea but not coffee. Normally do my coffee black but I might have to try that. Thanks
Love honey in my Nesquik!
Great in coffee, Scott.
Posted By: Batchief909 Re: Extected Honey Today - 03/11/12
What started out as a good, informative post..(thanks Scott)..turned into [bleep]. This is getting old, fellas.
Will have to try it. I like my coffee and tea black and my hot chocolate with rum but I am willing to try most anything at least once. grin
Posted By: RickinTN Re: Extected Honey Today - 03/11/12
Some folks simply aren't blessed in the area of Social graces, and in a way I guess we're blessed with our own example.

PS Scott, Thanks for the thread.
Posted By: APDDSN0864 Re: Extected Honey Today - 03/11/12
Originally Posted by RickinTN
Some folks simply aren't blessed in the area of Social graces, and in a way I guess we're blessed with our own example.

Rick, until I can invent this piece of technology, I guess I'll have to refrain from reading and responding to bad examples. laugh

[Linked Image]

Ed
Are you now or once as a cop? That invention sounds like a leo's wet dream machine.
Posted By: Jeff_O Re: Extected Honey Today - 03/11/12
It never was about me as you state. It is about the Nymph and her hairdo fixing food products for others. You have no opinion or comment to make on her fixing honey? You think she would make a fine beekeeper for you? If so, that's fine. Just say so. Then everyone will know where you stand on hygeine and food prepping.

That style of hair is quite common around here. Ain't no thang. Also isn't un-hygenic. I'd bet that young lady is fundamentally cleaner and healthier that the average "Barbie doll" makeup princess.... you need to get out more.
How do they wash and clean their hair when it is ratted like that? Even with the furs I clean for sale, I have to brush out the rats nest and clumps. The Nymph picture appears to me that her hair hasn't been let down for a long time. For it to be that ratnested up and in tangles I would shy away from her over a clean groomed barbie doll. Basically if I walked into a cafe and there was someone with a hairdo like that she had better be hiding it under a hair net or cap.

Did you take a close look at the picture of the Nymph? Also what is that sore up alongside her eye? TellTale signs of festering perhaps???????
Posted By: Klikitarik Re: Extected Honey Today - 03/11/12

You are not expressing 'opinions' as you call them. You are obviously throwing out insults in the hope that you can goad a decent man. You make assumptions that you know nothing about. You are the ignorant and delusional one. I will second r. Howell's comment. "You, [deleted], are disgusting to the nth degree of distasteful! " ('Sir' is way more than I can manage.)
Seems you have more than a passing interest. You give real meaning to the Lords admonition ".... board in you own eye." You are really great in all areas except those which matter.
Posted By: okok Re: Extracted Honey Today - 03/11/12
Where did the pictures go?
Posted By: luv2safari Re: Extracted Honey Today - 03/11/12
My thoughts, too...

Don't let a delusional consummate piece of schidt like AK intimidate you into removing the pictures.

AKhunter is insane, pure and simple...a candidate for a straightjacket and padded cell. In fact, he supports an argument for retroactive eugenics.

I'd love to see the photos. smile
Seems you have more than a passing interest. You give real meaning to the Lords admonition ".... board in you own eye." You are really great in all areas except those which matter.

Yes. I am judgemental of the women I run with. Always have been. I give them no quarter and they meet or exceed my expectations or it is a no go. I have my standards and they are obviously much higher than some others. I am ok with that, there is plenty to go around.
Posted By: Taco2fiddy7 Re: Extracted Honey Today - 03/11/12
My pics are still up on pg 3. No idea if AKhunter posted anything, have him on ignore wink
Posted By: tex_n_cal Re: Extected Honey Today - 03/11/12
AKhntr - you are one of those people who just enjoy annoying others. I have known four guys who are like that in real life, and all four of them wound up with major problems in their lives, after they annoyed the wrong person. All four lost good jobs, two wound up in legal hot water, and one died an early death, not long after he was forced to retire, partly due to the stress of the problems he had provoked.

Smart people learn from the mistakes of others - so if you're a smart guy, you will start thinking before you post...

To Scott, many thanks for the enjoyable thread. It is interesting to see how honey is harvested. Been known to put it on a biscuit or two smile

Yes. I am judgemental of the women I run with. Always have been. I give them no quarter and they meet or exceed my expectations or it is a no go. I have my standards and they are obviously much higher than some others. I am ok with that, there is plenty to go around.
Judge not, least ye be judged. You think we are jealous of the type of women who would run with you? Make sure they don't skip their meds.
Posted By: Jeff_O Re: Extracted Honey Today - 03/11/12
Originally Posted by luv2safari
My thoughts, too...

Don't let a delusional consummate piece of schidt like AK intimidate you into removing the pictures.

AKhunter is insane, pure and simple...a candidate for a straightjacket and padded cell. In fact, he supports an argument for retroactive eugenics.

I'd love to see the photos. smile

*I* used the photo's to show my wife, as part of a sales pitch as to how we just HAVE to go visit Scott and his wonderful setup next time we are up at my mom's place on Hood Canal.

They were pictures of some good people.

AK you don't know chit about dreads. Let it go.
Posted By: Klikitarik Re: Extracted Honey Today - 03/11/12

I guess I missed the part about you 'running with' any of the women pictured in this thread. You judge based on external merits (apparently) while your own ideas - the internal workings of your mind apparently- are much more revealing of what is real IMO. The mansions of your mind are nothing but mere trapline shanties. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that 'the women you run with' fit "higher standards" which place them alongside the gutter skanks who only wish they could walk the streets.
Posted By: Scott F Re: Extracted Honey Today - 03/11/12
The lady in the picture has taste and many here can attest to her abilities with 1911s and elephant rifles. If he were to come around it would be AK who did all the running and he would be screaming for his life. wink
Posted By: TexasRick Re: Extracted Honey Today - 03/11/12
This thread is worthless without pictures.
Posted By: Scott F Re: Extracted Honey Today - 03/11/12
grin
Posted By: T LEE Re: Extracted Honey Today - 03/11/12
This is the explanation for his behavior Scott.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: NH K9 Re: Extracted Honey Today - 03/11/12
The lady in the picture has taste and many here can attest to her abilities with 1911s and elephant rifles. If he were to come around it would be AK who did all the running and he would be screaming for his life. wink

I have been known to be a little judgemental when it comes to dreads, etc. All I need to know, though, is that Scott has taken the young lady under his wing. That, alone, is enough for me to call her good folk.

I'd have no problem letting my son, Connor, hang there. I'd be willing to bet it would be good for him.....

It sucks that the azz that claims to be from AK had to take a cheap shot. Odds are the only women he "associates" with show up on his computer screen.

George
Posted By: eyeball Re: Extracted Honey Today - 03/11/12
Normally, cheap shots are taken by cheap shots. It's the only shot they got.
Posted By: MadMooner Re: Extracted Honey Today - 03/11/12
I've had the pleasure of sharing a table and meal with the young woman, Scott, and many other fine folks at his place. Great people all.

Akdoucherat is a sad old fool. Seriously.........it's time to end it. Take of your shoe and wiggle that fat nasty ol' toe into the trigger guard. Deep breath.........grab a mouthfull and push the fuggin trigger.

Please video tape.
Posted By: noharleyyet Re: Extected Honey Today - 03/11/12

Scott Fairing
Compass Rose Farms
1462 West Uncas Rd.
Port Townsend, WA 98368

...pretty obvious he's a no class chickenshirt from those cowardly disparagements.

Cool stuff on the honey.
Posted By: Bigbuck215 Re: Extected Honey Today - 03/11/12
Somebody back up the line suggested that thia fake AK creep and Larry "Roto Rooter" Root may be one and the same. Possible??

I have both of the idiots on ignore so don't read the garbage they are spreading and wish everybody else would do the same but now I'm wondering if AKidiot is another of interthem's personality's.
I have wondered the same. I just ignore anyone who acts like one of his personalities.
Must be a living Hell to have an army of personalities and all of 'em obnoxious.
Kind of like having your guts filled with giant maggots.
Posted By: noharleyyet Re: Extected Honey Today - 03/11/12
Like Forrest Gump says, No need quoting an attention whore...(or something like that) wink
Posted By: Bigbuck215 Re: Extected Honey Today - 03/11/12
Kind of like having your guts filled with giant maggots.

Dang near made me puke, Scott. sick
That is just what the trolls make me want to do.
Posted By: eh76 Re: Extected Honey Today - 03/11/12

I am distasteful

And everyone here finds you distasteful...only one thing left for you to do....man up and do it.
The professor told us, in class, several times, that the porcupine is the most heavily parasitized animal in the woods.

On a field trip, one of the guys shot a porcupine out of a tree.

The professor cut it open.

Its insides were writhing with worms.

I can't imagine how desperately hungry anyone on that field trip would have to be to eat a piece of porcupine, raw or roasted.
Posted By: shreck Re: Extected Honey Today - 03/11/12
The professor told us, in class, several times, that the porcupine is the most heavily parasitized animal in the woods.

I guess it's hard to scratch if you're a porcupine.
Posted By: Ken Howell Re: Extected Honey Today - 03/12/12
Even a porcupine needs helpful friends.
Posted By: Bigbuck215 Re: Extected Honey Today - 03/12/12
A long time ago a couple of young, tough guys went for a two week backpack trip in the Sangre de Cristo range in southern Colorado. Rugged, steep country to say the least.

After about a week, their pre-packed in food stashes were not keeping up with them so when they came across an innocent (ha!) porky, they whacked him and prepared themselves for a good, hot meal but had the same thing happen! Porky was full of worms! The upside of that incident was that neither had an appetite for a while.

Before their trip was over, they managed to bushwhack a beaver and enjoyed that feast. Said smoked beaver was hard to beat.
Posted By: 280shooter Re: Extected Honey Today - 03/12/12

On a field trip, one of the guys shot a porcupine out of a tree.

The professor cut it open.

Its insides were writhing with worms.

I can't imagine how desperately hungry anyone on that field trip would have to be to eat a piece of porcupine, raw or roasted.

I can attest to that. I shot one while coyote hunting years ago. We got curious as to why the belly was still moving a good 5 minutes after it had expired. I won't be opening another porcupine in the future.
Odd, now that I think about it, the feeling I get when AKhunt posts is very similar to the disgust that I experienced that day.
Posted By: 280shooter Re: Extected Honey Today - 03/12/12
How many Tylenol would you reckon you could choke down at one setting?
Posted By: magnumb Re: Extected Honey Today - 03/12/12

He's screaming for his life now.......he just doesn't see it.

Sad, very sad.

My best to you and yours, neighbor. Appreciate the thread, as intended.
Posted By: ColsPaul Re: Extected Honey Today - 03/12/12
Dang.. how can a great honey thread degenerate to That..
Never mind, I ain't going back to see.

Local honey is THE answer to allergies.
And a tasty one too!
Posted By: efw Re: Extected Honey Today - 03/12/12

Big +1

Wouldn't presume to call him friend, but would be honored to know him that well. It is my sincere hope that AKHntr's 'fire career is ended post haste, as he has gone well beyond the pale in this thread.

I hope he takes Scott up on the invite, and am loathe to imagine HIS hairdo following the meeting...

PS- dang can you believe I forgot to address the OP?!?!?! That SUCKS!

Scott- that honey look(ed) AMAZING! Great job... mouth is watering, and me w/out Keith's little emoticon... blush
Posted By: 243WSSM Re: Extracted Honey Today - 03/12/12
Come on Scott, put the pictures back, you are letting a POS get to you, that's all he wants to do.

You've got at least a dozen people here that would help you shoot and shovel.
Posted By: Steelhead Re: Extracted Honey Today - 03/12/12
I'm not going through all the turns this one took but I will say to Scott F that he can invite me up after I retire the next time he does the honey extract. I've always been interested in that stuff.

I found the remnants of a bee-hive and screens on our property last weekend. I also most have seen a 1000 honey bees about.
Posted By: Oakster Re: Extracted Honey Today - 03/12/12
This thread has the makings of getting back on track guys! I found one person to put on ignore that I dont need to ever take off.
Posted By: lightman Re: Extracted Honey Today - 03/13/12
Scott,I always enjoy your post about farm life,thanks for sharing.My computer has dropped the pics,but would really like to see them.Am trying to enjoy the thread,and ignore the bs.Thanks again, Lightman
© 24hourcampfire