Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Miss Lynn
BUCKWHEAT HONEY ???? OMG ! Do you know what I'd give to get a taste of that there honey ? I have been looking for it a long time [Linked Image]

hey you stole my [Linked Image] but I stole your [Linked Image]

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
GB4

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thanks for the bright spot in this rather sultry (this evening) forum, and a nice reminder with our weather looking a bleak -9 and white as can be . smile

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by eh76

hey you stole my [Linked Image] but I stole your [Linked Image]

I noticed. So, do you think it is an even trade ?

S
Scott F Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
BUCKWHEAT HONEY ???? OMG ! Do you know what I'd give to get a taste of that there honey ? I have been looking for it a long time [Linked Image]

There was not much of it. I planted late on purpose but they filled their empty spots with it and put some in the honey super in the form of burr comb. The piece pictured went from my fingers into my mouth right after the picture was snapped. Buckwheat comb honey. As good as it gets and it is all gone. grin

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Scott F

There was not much of it. I planted late on purpose but they filled their empty spots with it and put some in the honey super in the form of burr comb. The piece pictured went from my fingers into my mouth right after the picture was snapped. Buckwheat comb honey. As good as it gets and it is all gone. grin

You officially suck! laugh

Honey in the comb...one of nature's treasures.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

IC B2

S
Scott F Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Thank you my friend. I do try hard! wink

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Cool photos. Thanks for sharing!

What kind of cameras are you using...?

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I don't think I have ever seen any woman or girl with such a rats nested hairdo in my entire life and that is saying something. I am telling you, I have seen she wolfs that have been ridden by a whole pack of young males that the fur wasn't that ratted up. I would call the health control board out there and have her tested for scabbies and such. I am not joking here.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Scott
Are you using an electric capping knife? How many supers do you do at one time in the extractor, two or four. If you call me I will share with you what I found to be the best strainer.
Cheers Don

don't judge until you have walked a mile in other persons' moccasins'
SUM QUOD SUM........HOMINEM TE ESSE MEMENTO
IC B3

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
northcountry,
Are there others around there with similar hairdos of the nymph? That is what I want to know about these beekeepers.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
BUCKWHEAT HONEY ???? OMG ! Do you know what I'd give to get a taste of that there honey ? I have been looking for it a long time.

I got mine (on-line) from some restaurant-supply outfit back east. Forget where.

Still have some.

Use it in hot chocolate (one of the few things that I can sip and swallow).

Think I'll go have some now. It's been sitting on the counter up-side-down, so the big squeeze bottle should squirt a long, big stream. (It's pretty thick.)

If you remind me, Sis, I may have some left (or have a new batch) when you're here for the Lake shindig in July (along with some Fain's and Steen's cane syrup).

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by AKHntr
northcountry,
Are there others around there with similar hairdos of the nymph? That is what I want to know about these beekeepers.

God damn your an idiot!!!

Moving on, that honey looks great! I can taste it on a hot biscuit from here.

W
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
W
Scott:

Please let me know what your prices are. I would like to purchase some honey from you..

Bill

ADP Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Good looking honey!

I get mine from a local guy here about ten miles down the road from me. I've found it's really helped with my sinus problems, take a spoon full at night before bed.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I'm surprised that you extract in the spring. Over on our side of the Cascades, (Kittitas), I extract in September. Looks good. We had a moderate year this year and I only got a couple of supers off each hive.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
� Think I'll go have some now. It's been sitting on the counter up-side-down, so the big squeeze bottle should squirt a long, big stream. (It's pretty thick.)

If you remind me, Sis, I may have some left (or have a new batch) when you're here for the Lake shindig in July (along with some Fain's and Steen's cane syrup).

Changed m'mind � added a healthy dollop of Hershey's syrup to my Nesquik instead. Also remembered where I got my buckwheat honey and discovered that I still have 'way more than I thought. I'll save it for you.

I got it from webstaurant.com, but the apiary (I just found!) has its own web site � www.dutchgoldhoney.com. I bought five pounds, and about � of it's left. It's yours. (I have a raft of things to make me sweet, but there doesn't seem to be any hope that any of 'em'll ever work!)

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Looks good Scott!

Gotta love a gal that carries a pocket knife too!

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Just about everyone at the Farmer's Markets here sells honey. A lot of them sell pollen too. I would think pollen would be kind of dangerous since so many people have Spring allergies. I don't know. I buy honey for about $20 for a Ball Jar. They want the jar back afterwards too. You wouldn't think it, but there's a lot of people around here that keep bees. I've been reading in the papers that this is going to be the worst year on record for maple syrup. I don't know about "worst" but pretty bad I guess. More demand for honey! Here about, they're both about the same price. Honey seems like more work for the money.

I wonder if the girl in the pic is the same one that braids garlic? I had a hippie girlfriend once (briefly) who wasn't a whole lot different. She used to floss her teeth with her hair sick She was also a dedicated vegetable eater, which is difficult. Her sister married one of my best friends in high school and moved to Monterrey. My girl moved back to North Carolina and became a kindergarten teacher. Nice girl, strange, but nice...

"I didn't get the sophisticated gene in this family. I started the sophisticated gene in this family." Willie Robertson
S
Scott F Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by ironbender
Looks good Scott!

Gotta love a gal that carries a pocket knife too!

She has carried a knife on and of for a lot of years but when we moved to the ranch in Central Oregon ten years ago she learned to carry it all day, every day.

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

541 members (2500HD, 1OntarioJim, 1936M71, 10gaugeman, 1minute, 57 invisible), 2,216 guests, and 1,317 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,932
Posts18,479,955
Members73,954
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.