Home
Posted By: bubbajay strange things wives do.... - 04/18/12
Mine has to put certain types of canned food,like tuna, in the refrigerator. I learned to stop asking "why".

Does anybody else have a wife with strange little habits that they would like to vent about?
Posted By: 5sdad Re: strange things wives do.... - 04/18/12
Turning the volume on the car radio down to nothing but leaving the radio on.

Putting a cup of water in the microwave to heat, and then walking away and getting wrapped up in some activity so that the #%$^ microwave sits there and beeps at regular intervals.

(By the way, I am perfect. wink )
cats
Let me count the ways, but going on 34 years can't even count other than eating the same thing EVERY morning Mon-Fri (yogurt and blackberries). That and being totally unaware of her surroundings and that worries the crap out of me. Always something on her mind.
Mine puts her little hand dead center in my chest every night, buries it in hair, and slowly scratches herself to sleep shockedlaugh

Gunner

Oh, and I aint bitchin' smile
To save her life she can't remove the lent from the dryer each time she runs a load of clothes.

Other than that, she's perfect.
Mine has all sorts of interesting little quirks. Keeps me smiling, and I hope she never changes. smile
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Turning the volume on the car radio down to nothing but leaving the radio on.

Putting a cup of water in the microwave to heat, and then walking away and getting wrapped up in some activity so that the #%$^ microwave sits there and beeps at regular intervals.

This reminded me of another one, she leaves the temp control in the car as hot or cold as it can go, and then turns the fan from high speed, to off. It is even worse on our (her) vehicle with dual climate control. smile
Heck after forty seven years it all seems normal now, best I can remember. GW
Sets a new role of TP on the empty roll. Doesn't replace, just sets it on top.
Not just her but her family. Plan a get together and all they want is a weenie roast. We can boil shrimp or crawfish, grill steaks or butts, but No it has to be hotdogs over a fire.
Posted By: Scotty Re: strange things wives do.... - 04/18/12
I never ask why.
When we got married my wife and MIL (they did 99% of the planning) told me that they were going to charge $5.00 per person to come to the reception. I let a lot of stuff slide to keep the peace but that crossed the line. I won by the way.
Originally Posted by bubbajay
Mine has to put certain types of canned food,like tuna, in the refrigerator. I learned to stop asking "why".

Does anybody else have a wife with strange little habits that they would like to vent about?

I'm betting her mom taught her that.
[quote=bubbajay]Mine has to put certain types of canned food,like tuna, in the refrigerator. I learned to stop asking "why".

grin My wife says the tuna thing is common sense. Tuna is pre chilled, just add pickles and mayo and you have a cold tuna sandwich. Takes a woman! GW
Originally Posted by eyeball

I'm betting her mom taught her that.

Yup
Originally Posted by smarquez
bingo
Originally Posted by oldtimer303
[quote=bubbajay]Mine has to put certain types of canned food,like tuna, in the refrigerator. I learned to stop asking "why".

grin My wife says the tuna thing is common sense. Tuna is pre chilled, just add pickles and mayo and you have a cold tuna sandwich. Takes a woman! GW

That is what she tells me too. But the other strange thing is she never eats tuna from a can.
I still think I will keep her around. smile
Originally Posted by smarquez

Wish that was my only fault...

My wife has a slight case of OCD(being married to me must be hard).

The Dishwasher must have every spot filled before she runs it...to the point that she gets pissed if I run it not tip top full...

3 dogs...3 bowls of food. 1 is empty and I didn't feed the dogs...even though they all eat from the same bowl until it is empty...
Posted By: 5sdad Re: strange things wives do.... - 04/18/12
Originally Posted by TexasBBQ
To save her life she can't remove the lent from the dryer each time she runs a load of clothes.

How about the advent? smile
The strangest thing my wife ever did was marry me. The strangest thing she has done since then is stay married to me. For the life of me I cannot figure out why an intelligent, highly complacent, and overall great person would show such weaknesses.
Originally Posted by Scott F
The strangest thing my wife ever did was marry me. The strangest thing she has done since then is stay married to me. For the life of me I cannot figure out why an intelligent, highly complacent, and overall great person would show such weaknesses.

Because she did not meet me first. laugh
Posted By: norm99 Re: strange things wives do.... - 04/18/12

+1 and she's here behind me saying IT'S COMMITMENT BABE,,must be

norm
Originally Posted by norm99

+1 and she's here behind me saying IT'S COMMITMENT BABE,,must be

norm

Can't post in this thread with your wife behind you...just sayin...
Me: "Where you want to go eat tonight"?
Her: "Oh, anywhere is fine."
Me: "Olive Garden?"
Her: "Nahhh...Somewhere else."
Me: "Red Lobster"?
Her: "Ummm...Not tonight"
Me: "O.k. How about Applebee's"?
Her: "Not really in the mood for that."
Me: "OooooooK. Where would YOU like to eat"?
Her: "Oh anywhere. I'm not picky".

Bang head on steering wheel.....
Originally Posted by Partsman

Because she did not meet me first. laugh

I am grateful! grin

BTW, she was not reading this as I wrote it.
backseat driver. Is the term i use.

Been there, lived there, went crazy there as well, maybe even tonight!

Joel
Setting the bedroom clock 10 minutes fast, and then hitting the snooze button 3 times before getting up.

If I want to get up at 5, set the clock and alarm to go off off at 5. I don't want to do calculus to figure out what time it is.
After 40 years, it's starting to drive me crazy.

That is hard to figure isn't it? laugh
I'm in the same boat Scott F

and it's a pleasure cruise

yah my wife does stuff that makes me go WTF?

tis why it's good to visit the wild country and spend some time apart on occasion, all those little things just don't matter so much anymore.
Originally Posted by SCHOOLCRAFT

Been there done that...got the tee shirt...and a headache.
Originally Posted by Flfiremedic

Been there done that...got the tee shirt...and a headache.

This. The girl wants her way, but wants it to be my idea. I told her Mom two weeks ago that if I had known how hard headed she was, i would have married her anyway. But I would have started retraining her at an early age. Her Mom totally agreed.
That sounds too familiar.
Originally Posted by amax155
Not just her but her family. Plan a get together and all they want is a weenie roast. We can boil shrimp or crawfish, grill steaks or butts, but No it has to be hotdogs over a fire.

Gosh I wish her family was like that! All i can afford is the weenies but they expect steak or chops and give my wife hell if they don't get, the darned freeloaders!
Posted By: jorgeI Re: strange things wives do.... - 04/18/12

Spot on..
Took me close to thirty years to figure it out, I'm a slow learner. When mine says, "Do you want too__________?" That actually means, "I want too____________."

Unless it is just absolutely revolting I just say, yeah that is just what I'd like to do.

Boy has it cut down on arguments and hurt feelings.
Posted By: eh76 Re: strange things wives do.... - 04/18/12
Originally Posted by jorgeI

Spot on..

yep....
Originally Posted by eh76
Originally Posted by jorgeI

Spot on..

yep....
hate to admit it, but with us the roles are reversed. she will ask me and i can never decide what i want and after going back and forth on it i will usually agree with the first suggestion.
Originally Posted by 5sdad

[Linked Image]
Posted By: ingwe Re: strange things wives do.... - 04/18/12
They all have their quirks and like other posters, I'm perfect, so I don't do anything wrong but.....
My wife when washing the dishes always puts knives, sharp or otherwise, point up in the drying rack...like punji stakes..... eek

It's a little thing called love....
Originally Posted by ingwe
They all have their quirks and like other posters, I'm perfect, so I don't do anything wrong but.....

Perfection unto yourself, even, eh ?
Originally Posted by ingwe
My wife when washing the dishes always puts knives, sharp or otherwise, point up in the drying rack...like punji stakes..... eek

Oooh, I hate that one.

Speaking of silverware and dishwashers, here's a quirk of my wife's. She hates dealing with the silverware, both loading it and putting it away clean. I'll often find the entire utensil rack from the dishwasher sitting full of clean spoons and forks etc., sitting on the counter top waiting to be put away by me.
Posted By: bufaf Re: strange things wives do.... - 04/18/12
Mine leaves the toilet seat up all the dang time.......ummm, wait a minute....
my wife has OCD......ever seen Jack Nicholson in "As Good As It Gets"? she is bout half that bad....
Speaking of dishwashers. Mine will clean the dishes so well before putting them in the dishwasher that i dont see the point of even putting them in there. I know it will clean them because when i load it I dont even rinse them off first.
Originally Posted by stxhunter
cats

A criminal offense, at least in our state.

My wife, but only as of late, has been leaving the lights on when she leaves the room or her walk-in closet. Not a real deal breaker by any means, however, a recent quirk which seems to get worse rather than better.

After almost 37 years with little else to complain about, I feel quite fortunate. Especially fortunate, I guess, that she only likes our cat.

Lived this episode last night. Live it every time we eat out.GW

Read this to my wife this morning. Her reply was, "What's his point?"

I guess in the long run we all should be thankful we are the only opposite sex they have to choose from.
Originally Posted by bufaf
Mine leaves the toilet seat up all the dang time.......ummm, wait a minute....

I am rolling! grin
Originally Posted by smithwr
Speaking of dishwashers. Mine will clean the dishes so well before putting them in the dishwasher that i dont see the point of even putting them in there. I know it will clean them because when i load it I dont even rinse them off first.

I could be wrong, but I believe the dishwasher detergent "reacts" with certain acids and stuff in the food to clean better. Your load may be getting cleaner than her load.

At least this was what was told to us by a repair man one time.
Posted By: AKduck Re: strange things wives do.... - 04/18/12
Mine wont change the lent screen on the dryer.

Other than that? Cant complain.
Posted By: Mink Re: strange things wives do.... - 04/18/12

BINGO!!!!
Originally Posted by Longbob
Originally Posted by smithwr

I could be wrong, but I believe the dishwasher detergent "reacts" with certain acids and stuff in the food to clean better. Your load may be getting cleaner than her load.

At least this was what was told to us by a repair man one time.

ive heard similar.....from what ive seen with my dishwasher i think its entirely possible.....
Originally Posted by AKduck
Mine wont change the lent screen on the dryer.

I wouldn't worry about that - except maybe around Easter.
Posted By: pahick Re: strange things wives do.... - 04/18/12
rollin up socks and underwear, and foldin the towels so the lines at the bottom. pain in the ass!
Mine can usually clean the lint screen, then she leaves it on top of the drier, the walks by the garbage can to get back in the house.
Originally Posted by TexasBBQ

Ditto
Mine asks me why I turn the volume up on a subtitled movie. Weird stuff like that.
When I replace the TP, my missus will re-install the roll so the paper comes out from the back instead of over the top.
Just a small idiosyncracy I've noticed.

You mean, it's not just a Southern hemisphere thing?!
I'm not alone!!!!
Mine has to have the house SPOTLESS, with freshly mopped floors etc whenever anyone comes over. Even if it is just a repairman or my gun nut buddies who wouldn't notice whether I even HAD a floor or not. And piles of stuff on a table? Fergitaboutit! All flat surfaces have to be free of debris, papers, motorcycle helmets, riding leathers, guns, ammo, you name it. EXCEPT, the cats pretty much live on the kitchen table as furry living centerpieces. Not anything to complain about at all, she is pretty danged cool and lets me have dead animal heads all over the living room walls and my own 'testosterone zone' bedroom that looks more like a war room or staging area for a battle of messy, disorganized firearms freaks. I am sure that my quirks are harder for her to handle and that I am the big winner in all of this.
Posted By: ravenr Re: strange things wives do.... - 04/18/12
saving the cardboard from toilet paper rolls to recycle
leaves the wrappers and safty seals on the counter
pens left where ever she last used them
make dinner together and she will get out a fork for herself
lets me hunt and guide 5 months a year
insisted I book my dream Africa hunt when I turned 50
gives me guns for birthdays and anniversarys
looks REALLY good in the slinky things
REALLY likes to wear the slinky things
OOps some how got side tracked....
What was the question???
Oh yeah, Love 'em in the slinky things! Mine actually shops at and buys stuff form Victoria's Secret and looks like the models that hawk thier stuff! She can have all of the cats she dang well wants! And I am TOTLALY OK with her 'claiming' various of my smaller handguns.

Me? I am quite happy to just sit around and drool with a silly stupid grin on my face most of the time smile

I am really good at saying 'yes dear' and 'that is quite allright' cause even when she is wearing clothes, I know that underneath all of those garments, there ain't no clothes! <G>

I once found a list my wife made of lists she needed to make. 180� from how I think. Of course I'm the one that always leaves something home, forgets something at the grocery, etc.
How did we get so off track on this. Its RAVENERS fault!

OK, back on topic, strange things they do.... WAIT a minute, I LIKE some of the strange things my wife does!... There I go again.... Somebody else post now, I have to go for a MC ride in the cold air now.
Posted By: Steve Re: strange things wives do.... - 04/18/12
Leaving cleaning products lying around. Think she's trying to send me a message?

She's been doing the above since day 1 (it will be 31 years this summer). A shrink friend says that it's a control thing - "I want you to guess what it is that I want" and like little dogs, we do tricks until we guess the right one.

She has an intermediate location for recycle; it goes from the kitchen to the small wastebasket just outside the door to the garage, and when that's full the small container gets dumped in the large recycle bin on the other side of the garage. When I throw stuff straight in the large bin she looks at me like I've lost my mind. Coffee cups left sitting for over an hour can't be reused or refilled, they MUST be washed and placed in the dishwasher. Our top of the line dishwasher is only used as a sanitizer because the dishes are spotless when loaded. When she's away I use 1 coffee cup, 1 glass, 1 bowl, 1 plate, 1 knife, 1 fork & 1 spoon; it's hand washed and left to dry until the next meal.

My very favorite is how all the ornamental exercise equipment (ornamental because it's only decorative and not meant for actual exercise) becomes impromptu hangers for delicate clothes that can't be dried.

She says: "I make your life interesting"...and that'd be true.
Posted By: old70 Re: strange things wives do.... - 04/18/12
Leaves lights on when she is not in the room, has been known to open the windows when the AC is on, but b!tches at me when I throw a plastic water bottle into the trash instead of recycling, because I'm screwing up the world. Also will drink half a water bottle, then let it sit, only to dump the rest prior to recycling. Oh well, love her anyway.
I'm not paranoid, but mine is perfect, and I think she's that way just to make me look bad.
Originally Posted by AussieLad
When I replace the TP, my missus will re-install the roll so the paper comes out from the back instead of over the top.

All women and liberals do the same thing. It is a logic thing.
Posted By: BLG Re: strange things wives do.... - 04/18/12
My wife does me. But I didn't think it was strange. Maybe she does however. whistle

Clyde
If she serves food to me, she makes sure all of it is touching, just because she knows it sets off my OCD. Hell, I was eating some dorito's one time, I ate all of the broken chips 1st. She noticed this, and as soon as I turned my head she smacked her hand down in the middle of my chips and broke the rest of them. Damn women!
Originally Posted by Kamerad_Les
If she serves food to me, she makes sure all of it is touching, just because she knows it sets off my OCD. Hell, I was eating some dorito's one time, I ate all of the broken chips 1st. She noticed this, and as soon as I turned my head she smacked her hand down in the middle of my chips and broke the rest of them. Damn women!

THAT is FUNNY! LAffin out loud with ya.
She does it out of spite I tell ya. wink
I have a bit of OCD myself. I eat one item at a time then move on to another food item. Don't like to mix them up. And, I don't care for food with lots of different ingredients. Simple stuff for me.

I am the same way, only foods that can be mixed up are foods like soups, stews and sandwiches. I have actually sent food back at restaurant. Reloading I do everything step by step, and am one of those weirdo's that measure out every charge with my scale. shocked Takes me longer, but I know my stuff will not blow up, unless I am really trying. Les
Setting the clock forward then using snooze multiple times.
Making sure the house is spotless if ANYONE is coming by.
Married me.
Oh gawd, Raeford and Safariman's wive are related to mine, they do the same stuff. shocked
Posted By: badger Re: strange things wives do.... - 04/18/12
Mine keeps leaving the toilet seat down.........
Marrying me was by far the strangeststaying with me for 27+ years is by far the strangest thing she has done.
Oh yeah-another post just brought this to mind. She absolutely refuses to carry HER car keys if I am with her!
Her: "Oh anywhere. I'm not picky

Oh Where have I heard THAT before???????????
I did think of one more, I dont think she knows how to take out the garbage, if she knows I am coming home within a day, she will make a nice pyramid on the top of the can.....

Oh well, it may sound like I am picking on her by starting this thread, but I am pretty sure I have way more things that drive her crazy than she has that make me ask "what the hell?"
When I'm driving and she is riding shot gun. We pull up to a stop sign. I'll look left then right, only to she her head as she is looking left. WTF
Posted By: Youper Re: strange things wives do.... - 04/21/12
If you have more rifles than your wife has pairs of shoes then you're winning. Otherwise it's time to play catch-up.
I do and that includes her barn boots!
Mine used to call the cats in at night by stickin' her head out the door and hollerin', "puss-EEEEeeeeEEEEE!",..

I hadda make her give that up.

Think you nailed it with this one, my wife does it too!
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Mine used to call the cats in at night by stickin' her head out the door and hollerin', "puss-EEEEeeeeEEEEE!",..

So what responses did she get with that particular call? Gotta admit I'd maybe have to go see what that was all about if I heard it!
Originally Posted by AussieLad
That's a defense against very small kids who learn to spin the roll and watch it unroll on the floor. We never had the problem with our kids but my sister sure did with 1 of hers.
Originally Posted by xxclaro

So what responses did she get with that particular call?

Three cats and that old fat boy down the road came a'runnin'.
Originally Posted by Youper
If you have more rifles than your wife has pairs of shoes then you're winning. Otherwise it's time to play catch-up.

It may take me a lifetime to catch up!

Here's one my wife does. When doing the dishes she fills large bowls, pans, etc. with water and soap; then they will sit there for 3-4 days. I don't know if she just forgets or what.

Originally Posted by Gledeasy
Originally Posted by Youper

It may take me a lifetime to catch up!

Here's one my wife does. When doing the dishes she fills large bowls, pans, etc. with water and soap; then they will sit there for 3-4 days. I don't know if she just forgets or what.

Mine will run the sink full of hot water and soap, put the dishes in, and let it set all day! Then she has to start over to wash the dishes, unless I do them! Then I have to start over!
© 24hourcampfire