Home
I considered several topics in my quest to liven up the forum today.

Apology threads are useful in that regard , but ever'body I've offended on here had it comin'.And I've got 'em on "ignore" anyhow.

Goodbye threads are maybe the best,but I lack the requisite inclination toward drama to pull it off.

Obama's birthplace is "yawn" material anymore.

Damn cops have "us" outnumbered and they can type faster.

"Bigstick" threads are like a 270 WBY;They just automatically become your choice when failure is not an option.grin

So,feel free to hijack this worthless offering and take it in a direction of your choosing.
I hear stick wears a hoodie.
grin grin
if Obama had a son, he wouldn't look like Larry, nor shoot like him, nor fish like him, etc.....

but he might try and break in a rifle barrel like him, if he watches the video.

I know it's helped my shooting, but it's a bit touchy gettin those harmonics right, you have to listen for them.
I heard Zimmerman damaged trayvon's knuckles before he shot him.... sick sob.

Zimmerman beat on Trayvon's knuckles with his face...how he held that kid's hands still enough to do that much damage I'll never know.
I considered starting a personal attack thread, but that, too has become "ho-hum" so I won't tell you to go pee up a rope or go get a real life, or go wash the sand out of certain body parts.

Sports is another dead end, as are politics and religion(s).

I'd love to see some more uplifting items, but they might offend some sensibilities, so I'll do it anyway.

I woke up this morning to a beautiful day. Actually, a Mockingbird sitting on a limb just outside my bedroom window woke me up, apparently cussing my cat.

I am married to a wonderful woman, have three great kids, two grandsons of whom I couldn't be prouder of, live in the freest nation on Earth, I'm in good health, have several real friends and many more good acquaintances, can afford the hobbies that I love, have a "job" doing something that I love so it's really not work, able to converse with friends and family all over the globe, and have this gathering of like-minded folks to share life with.

So..take that, you old curmudgeons! grin

Ed
What I want to know is-----if you hold a pistol gangster style, can you really hit the target? Anyone tried to shoot that way, just to see if you could hit anything?
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
I considered starting a personal attack thread, but that, too has become "ho-hum" so I won't tell you to go pee up a rope or go get a real life, or go wash the sand out of certain body parts.

Sports is another dead end, as are politics and religion(s).

I'd love to see some more uplifting items, but they might offend some sensibilities, so I'll do it anyway.

I woke up this morning to a beautiful day. Actually, a Mockingbird sitting on a limb just outside my bedroom window woke me up, apparently cussing my cat.

I am married to a wonderful woman, have three great kids, two grandsons of whom I couldn't be prouder of, live in the freest nation on Earth, I'm in good health, have several real friends and many more good acquaintances, can afford the hobbies that I love, have a "job" doing something that I love so it's really not work, able to converse with friends and family all over the globe, and have this gathering of like-minded folks to share life with.

Ed

Unless you can have the mockingbird pecking the cat's eyes out,or the cat ingesting the mockingbird[either TLEE or Birdwatcher will be happy] you are BANNED from this thread. grin
Originally Posted by Wtxj
What I want to know is-----if you hold a pistol gangster style, can you really hit the target? Anyone tried to shoot that way, just to see if you could hit anything?

From about 5 minutes ago. 5 rounds normal, 5 rounds one handed-laying flat on its left side, 5 rounds two handed-upside down with my strong hand pinky finger running the trigger.

5 yards
[Linked Image]

7 yards
[Linked Image]
Anything else? I've got a little down time around lunch.

Ed

Wait just a doggone minute.....I think you are older than I am! laugh
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
Anything else? I've got a little down time around lunch.

In Firearms Instructor School, we had to shoot from some pretty unusual positions with all of the firearms we would teach, just to show what can be done, and what probably shouldn't be done.

Pretty remarkable what kind of accuracy is possible from different positions with a range of firearms.

BTW, Bluedreaux, that's some fine shootin' there!

(In keeping with curdog4570's insistence on balance, I will hereby accuse you of wiping off the powder burns on the target 'cause you shot those groups from 3", not seven yards. grin)

And your feet stink.

Ed
Good shooting

How about a little fast movement to the right (if range rules allow and at least 2 or 3 feet), gangster style pull trigger, three shots, then back to the left, same same. cool
Good shooting

How about a little fast movement to the right (if range rules allow and at least 2 or 3 feet), gangster style pull trigger, three shots, then back to the left, same same. cool

That's cheating. You have to shoot WHILE you're doing the shuffle, while holding your pants up with your weak hand. grin

Ed
Originally Posted by eh76

Ed

It's all about attitude, Gramps, and I have one! grin

Ed
Attempts to bring some "redeeming social value " to this thread are frowned on.frown
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
if Obama had a son, he wouldn't look like Larry, nor shoot like him, nor fish like him, etc.....

I know it's helped my shooting, but it's a bit touchy gettin those harmonics right, you have to listen for them.

Well I'll be darned! I never knew Bigstick could also play the harmonica. Is there anything that man can't do well... ?!?!? whistle

Ed

Ed

I ain't got no grandkids you old geezer! wink
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Attempts to bring some "redeeming social value " to this thread are frowned on.frown

You know where to put your "redeeming social values", don't you?

Geezer...

Ed

Have I redeemed myself? grin

Ed

Ed

That you know of Keith

Ed

Ed

Just wait...besides, I started early.

Ed
the premise of the thread is a [bleep] insult to Big Stick. shocked
I just heard the Romney and Obama are going to swap mates!!!!! Now if that don't make you sick I don't what will!!!!! sick

Ya, but the thread will end up in Misc--------your a winner curdog. Everyone is a winner CD. shocked
Originally Posted by derby_dude
I just heard the Romney and Obama are going to swap mates!!!!! Now if that don't make you sick I don't what will!!!!! sick

Now that leaves me speechless... eek

Ed
Good shooting

3 yards-3 shots shuffle right 3 shots.
Shuffling from 5 to 3 yards shooting on the move.

1 hand, pistol on its left side, my left hand on my nuts.

Straight up, yo.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Good shooting

3 yards-3 shots shuffle right 3 shots.
Shuffling from 5 to 3 yards shooting on the move.

1 hand, pistol on its left side, my left hand on my nuts.

Straight up, yo.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Damn, need you as a instructor

OH the donut shop called, wants you to leave, lunch is over cool
Thanks a lot jerk. Now I'm craving donuts.
Thanks a lot jerk. Now I'm craving donuts.

Time for lunch.

Good shooting again by the way.

Come on down to the PINS fishing trip in August. We only have two LEO'S that I know of coming. We need protection from the turtle girls.
If it is to make it down to the bottom of the forums,this thread MUST get back on track.grin

So..take that, you old curmudgeons!

Ed
You're mean.

grin
If it is to make it down to the bottom of the forums,this thread MUST get back on track.grin

OK then!

Yo MAMA wears a jock strap on her head, your DADDY wears a dress, your brother just changed his name to Shirley, your sister left him for a farm animal, your Grandpa is hanging around the elementary school again, and you've been spotted coming out of the local Democratic Party HQ with Obama yard signs!

Plus, your feet stink too.

Ed

And furthermore, you are a card-carrying member of PETA and have a crush on Jane Fonda.

OK then!

Yo MAMA wears a jock strap on her head, your DADDY wears a dress, your brother just changed his name to Shirley, your sister left him for a farm animal, your Grandpa is hanging around the elementary school again, and you've been spotted coming out of the local Democratic Party HQ with Obama yard signs!

Plus, your feet stink too.

Ed

And furthermore, you are a card-carrying member of PETA and have a crush on Jane Fonda.

I can't beat this CD.
That PETA accusation is a damned lie!
I'll cover it all in one post.

GFY.

Clyde

P.S. That especially includes you Travis.

IS NOT!

Ed
Add "Faking one's own death" to the list. Or whatever the hell psychosis that was.
I did NOT fake and you can't prove it! So THERE!

Ed
P.S. That especially includes you Travis."

Now that'll speed up our trip to the bottom if he chimes in.

IS NOT!

Ed

[Linked Image]

And....if that don't exonerate me,there's this:

[Linked Image]

grin
Guess what's being talked about on FOX right now--------------
Guess what's being talked about on FOX right now--------------

Curdog's membership in PETA? Or his photoshop skills? grin

Ed

IS NOT!

Ed

[Linked Image]

And....if that don't exonerate me,there's this:

[Linked Image]

grin

I never said what PETA stood for..People for the Eating of Tasty Animals. So there. grin You fell for that one!

Ed
Originally Posted by RickyD

So..take that, you old curmudgeons!

Ed
You're mean.

grin

I woke up to a cool ocean mist over the farm. It was 40 out and 98% humidity. Seeing as how I am retired this is what I decided must be done. I rolled over, wrapped my arms around my sleeping bride and went back to sleep. She awoke me an hour later with an extra pillow so I could sit up and drink the cup of fresh perked coffee she brought me.

I have a wonderful wife, six kids all grown, the youngest is 33. I have 11 grandkids and five great grandkids and two in the oven.

My BP and cholesterol is lower than yours and I am still loosing a little weight.

Take that you youngsters! grin
Let's see:
Within the last twelve months I have been laid off, declared bankruptcy, gave my home back to the bank(my first home I ever purchased), and forced to sell 99% of my firearms collection.

HOWEVER, in spite(or because of that?) I am more appreciative of my family, my friends, a nice day in the mountains, you name it.

Also, I now have my job back and am slowly helping to build my family's business to what it should be.

God has blessed me in many ways, strange that it took so much turmoil for me to see that.

Don't know what any of the above that has to do with Trayvon and Bigstick, however.
laugh
You have hijacked a perfectly awful thread.Your redemption is in your hands.

Take advantage of the offer before it is withdrawn.grin

laugh

Hey,awful threads are the most fun sometimes!
Well, you deserve a prize for who well you hijacked that one. GOOD JOB! grin
Originally Posted by 340boy

laugh

Hey,awful threads are the most fun sometimes!

340boy, That IS awful! I think it fits in very nicely with the thread!

As for poor Scott, to have to suffer through a morning like that...I just don't know! He could have burned himself on that coffee! Not to mention he might have sprained something hugging his Bride!

Oh, the HORROR!

Ed
Originally Posted by Scott F
Well, you deserve a prize for who well you hijacked that one. GOOD JOB! grin

Is that kind of like the "Dead Chicken" award? You know, the last one to finish the race wins a dead chicken?
grin
So, Gene, did you finally get that 444 to shoot, or did you shoot the piggy that was carrying the 444 with the pistola?
Actually,he was armed with both.But they were no match for me and my nun-chucks.
Actually,he was armed with both.But they were no match for me and my nun-chucks.

nun-chucks rule.
grin
"Cutoff Wheels" are [bleep].

that's all I have to say about em'

GTC
They weren't intended for shortening cannon barrels,you know.

Use the right tool,or just immerse the part you want to cut off in a barrel of water and fire away.

Works on shotgun barrels.grin
Originally Posted by 340boy

nun-chucks rule.
grin

nun-chucks I thought you said numb-nuts.
OK Scott, from what you've written here, all the rest of us should be taking advice from you........I've got it! You should be the new 24HCF family counselor.....that would have to pay at least, what...........125K/year or so. Score! grin
They weren't intended for shortening cannon barrels,you know.

Use the right tool,or just immerse the part you want to cut off in a barrel of water and fire away.

Works on shotgun barrels.grin

that ain't [bleep], that's full bore kinky,.....

oh , wait, that's the whole idea of this thread, ain't it ?

back off track,.....

GTC

Lessee...where's that picture of Amanda Peete with a gun...

hmmm...
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit

Cow barrels are tough to break in. Ya gotta have the right amount of falls and dings to get the harmonics right.
Damn it! I thought I was leading the pack but it turns out I'm just following in 340 boy's footsteps. Unfortunately I haven't turned the corner yet. I'm still on the down hill slide. The resume's are out and hopefully the phone will ring here soon and I'll get a job because the wife and I's business sure isn't going to survive much longer.
Bluedreaux, YOU don't count in this shooting experiment! It's obvious that you are too well trained and too used to shooting a handgun. Get someone who has not gone to school for more than five minutes in the last six years, younger than sixteen or thereabouts, and use full house loads in a 45ACP laying on it's side at arm's length one handed! Now, dance and shuffle and you'll be close to gangbanger style shooting! Then show us that target!
I survived, somehow, barely, but is did it.

I expect tomorrow will be about the same. Sigh!!!!!!

Then I had to walk all the way to the mail box. It is up hill both ways and there could be bears. Had to carry a box back that Woody sent. Now I will have to trudge all the to the greenhouse and try out the new misting nozzle he sent me. My work is never done. SIGHHHHHHH!
"
OK then!

"Yo MAMA wears a jock strap on her head, your DADDY wears a dress, your brother just changed his name to Shirley, your sister left him for a farm animal, your Grandpa is hanging around the elementary school again, and you've been spotted coming out of the local Democratic Party HQ with Obama yard signs!

Plus, your feet stink too."
I CAN beat this one: really.
My first wife came home on our third anniversary and told me she was leaving me. Okay! She ended up marrying a damned FBI guy! Yeah, but she was already headed downhill. After being married to him for a while (two kids), she left him for a BLACK guy. After a couple of years with him she decided she wanted out. He decided otherwise. They argued, she ran out to the neighbor's house, he came over after her and the neighbor took off running. Black guy shoots and kills the neighbor lady. Ex takes off hauling azz and he shoots and paralyzes her. Black dude doing hard time in Joliet prison, ex doing lifetime in wheel chair! That is all true and can be verified. . . . NEXT!
I guess black dude didn't like Democrats either!

Apology threads are useful in that regard , but ever'body I've offended on here had it comin'.And I've got 'em on "ignore" anyhow.

Goodbye threads are maybe the best,but I lack the requisite inclination toward drama to pull it off.

"Bigstick" threads are like a 270 WBY;They just automatically become your choice when failure is not an option.grin

So,feel free to hijack this worthless offering and take it in a direction of your choosing.

Life slow today in Archer county?
Originally Posted by okie

Life slow today in Archer county?

LOL, come on Okie it's just like OK smile
Ok, what did you see in her in the first place? wink
There ain't nothing in life that can't be overcome with the right attitude, and a fistful of $100's.
Aids wink
I can't underhand that Zimmerman. The gun pictured was a semi auto. Why was only one round fired? cool
Originally Posted by eyeball
I can't underhand that Zimmerman. The gun pictured was a semi auto. Why was only one round fired? cool

He was a good shot? Just trying to stop the attack?
Originally Posted by northern_dave
I heard Zimmerman damaged trayvon's knuckles before he shot him.... sick sob.

Yeah fer sure! I also have it on good authority that Zimmerman purposely fell on the curb so he could break his own nose! When no one was looking of course. crazy

What a damn racist! wink
Originally Posted by Darrel
Bluedreaux, YOU don't count in this shooting experiment! It's obvious that you are too well trained and too used to shooting a handgun. Get someone who has not gone to school for more than five minutes in the last six years, younger than sixteen or thereabouts, and use full house loads in a 45ACP laying on it's side at arm's length one handed! Now, dance and shuffle and you'll be close to gangbanger style shooting! Then show us that target!

I didn't say THEY could hit anything shooting that way...

I'm just glad no one walked out and saw me shuffling around shooting and holding my crotch.
You'll have to ask somebody that's got one if you wanna know about life.

I just fish,shoot,hunt,and play with the two 4 yo grandkids.
Like you could ruin the image of a Texas cop.

grin grin grin
Originally Posted by eyeball
Ok, what did you see in her in the first place? wink

His dick.
WINNER

From about 5 minutes ago. 5 rounds normal, 5 rounds one handed-laying flat on its left side, 5 rounds two handed-upside down with my strong hand pinky finger running the trigger.

5 yards
[Linked Image]

7 yards
[Linked Image]

wink Doesn't count unless you can produce video evidence that it was done wearing a hoodie, shoe strings flopping, and your pants down with three inches of plumbers crack showing. GW

Eyeball: Well, I was only nineteen, just short of twenty, when we got married, she had just graduated from the local high school (nowdays I think that might have been the local wh... house), she was blonde and extremely well built and beautiful! Me, I was horny and young, dumb and. .. well, you know the rest! Now, the other three that came after her all lasted longer; each one did, really! Found out, though, it don't count addin' all those years together! Naw! I've been told each one is a different case! Oh, well, it's been one hell of a fine ride 'til the last one got tired of my arse. Now, it's just peace (NO! NOT piece!)and quiet and my little piece of a dog (Shih Tzu). No naggin', no questions, no bull [bleep], etc. but I sure do, at times, wish I could have kept #2 around for keeps. Just had trouble findin' women who were "happy at home"; OUR HOME! The last three all told me the same thing as they went out the door, "You're never around when I need you. You're always at work!" Well, I was but I thought I was doing right! Oh, well, live and learn. To old now to learn much.
Originally Posted by oldtimer303

5 yards
[Linked Image]

7 yards
[Linked Image]

wink Doesn't count unless you can produce video evidence that it was done wearing a hoodie, shoe strings flopping, and your pants down with three inches of plumbers crack showing. GW

PLEASSSSSSSE don't post that video! eek
Ah'm builtin me a rokit ship....butt don't tel nobodie..itz topp seekrit.

Mike
Originally Posted by Darrel

I didn't say THEY could hit anything shooting that way...

I'm just glad no one walked out and saw me shuffling around shooting and holding my crotch.

I'm still LOLing. Wife looked over and WTH. Good one. Glad no one saw you either.
10-4, but next time when asked, just say the little head ruled the big- in other words, she [bleep] like a snake. wink
Originally Posted by 6mm250
Ah'm builtin me a rokit ship....butt don't tel nobodie..itz topp seekrit.

Mike

Yew gots plans fer yer rokit ship? Iffn yew dont Ah got sum. Bin bildin mah own rokit ship an its gonna FLI!

Bin bildin a ceement plant too. gotta bild a lawnch pad fer mah rokit ship. Mako sayed he nowed folks what cud hep with the ceement plant but cudnt hep with the rokit ship. he sayed that the only rokit scientists he knowed wuz a guy named curdawg. Or that at least curdawg thawt he wuz a rokit scientist.

Speshul Ed
You must be careful shooting upside down with your pinky. I've seen that done where the shooter ended up missing a decent chunk of their hand from slide bite.... Funny to watch.
You'll have to ask somebody that's got one if you wanna know about life.

I just fish,shoot,hunt,and play with the two 4 yo grandkids.

Sounds like good livin' to me!
Stirring the pot is OK too!
Originally Posted by bruinruin
I hear stick wears a hoodie.

I would have thought it was a woodie
This has been a remarkable thread.So I'll remark about its' remarkableness:

No lawyers have posted.[that probably means it don't have a money smell]

A scientific test was done, following JB's protocol[wonder what'll happen if I do this...] and no one disputed the findings.That's triple remarkable since the scientist was :

A. A cop.

B. From Texas.

[JB should consider gettin' a badge and moving to Texas]

Nobody I have on "ignore" has posted.[does that mean that the feature is actually NOT worthless?]

If you have any remarkable remarks to make on this POS thread that you think will hasten its' journey to oblivion [or the Misc. forum at the bottom] hurry before it is locked.
I find it remarkable that your remarks on this remarkable thread are remarkable to many remarkable people.

In fact, the remarkableness of this remarkable phenomena as shown in this remarkable compilation of remarks by so many remarkable people garners a whole new appreciation of remarkableness and is remarkable in it's depth.

Thus, the only remarkable remarks I can make to add to this remarkable remarkableness are remarks made by the remarkably, remarkable philosophers
deflave and 6mm250;

GFY, Ah'm builtin me a rokit ship....butt don't tel nobodie..itz topp seekrit.

Ed
deflave was specifically NOT invited to participate in this thread.Contrary to appearances,we have SOME standards.

The only philosophical post was made by Steelhead back on the first page.[the thread went dramatically South after that]

Pay attention!!!
deflave was specifically NOT invited to participate in this thread.Contrary to appearances,we have SOME standards.

The only philosophical post was made by Steelhead back on the first page.[the thread went dramatically South after that]

Pay attention!!!

Steelhead's philosophical post must have been so deep it has disappeared.

Or it was never there. Maybe THAT's the philosophical point.

I'm trying to pay attention, however I'm fresh out of philosophy sheckels. Will you take an I.O.U.?

My apologies, oh great OP, you sounded as if this were truly the last chance to flush this down the tube so I included deflave.

If it isn't quite that far down, I'll quote Swampy or Larry Root, maybe Blackheart or Bricktop, or even get 17AckleyBee's avatar and enlarge it.

Your Humble Servant,

Ed
bump for the sat crowd
Originally Posted by Steelhead
There ain't nothing in life that can't be overcome with the right attitude, and a fistful of $100's.
"

For those naysayers among this dreadful crowd who failed to recognize this immortal bit of wisdom when first it was presented to us.

It sits alone at the pinnacle of a dungheap of worthless utterings which Rickbin cruelly refuses to consign to the nether regions of this forum.

What is remarkable is that curdog can even post here since his hero and mentor got bumped off the radio last month.

cool
Most of the posts on this thread make no sense at all.

Yours fits right in.
Most of the posts on this thread forum make no sense at all.

Yours fits right in.

Fixed it.
Unless Ken H. got bumped off a radio show,I think BOBBALOU got me mixed up with somebody else.................... maybe somebody that gives a rat's ass what she thinks!grin
Originally Posted by BOBBALEE

What is remarkable is that curdog can even post here since his hero and mentor got bumped off the radio last month.

cool

IIRC, that coincided with the closing of your roadside, "Suck and [bleep]" joint

.....no ?

some business plans actually work.

your next one is gonna' be,.....

"Pins Dropping" ?

GTC
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
Originally Posted by BOBBALEE

cool

IIRC, that coincided with the closing of your roadside, "Suck and [bleep]" joint

.....no ?

some business plans actually work.

your next one is gonna' be,.....

"Pins Dropping" ?

GTC

I always think I am direct...then I see one of your post's...and I am humblded(sp?)
Cross is a founding member of the "Life Is Short, Don't Waste A Minute Of It United Philosophical Church"

He ain't got time for long winded, detailed posts. grin

Ed
The only downside is that I will never know what prompted BobbieLou's "radio" comment.
You got a stalker? What else does Bobbielee know about you that we don't know?

DID your hero get bumped off of a radio station?

Did your hero get bumped off?

Do you HAVE a hero?

Talk about the thread degenerating!

Ed
© 24hourcampfire