Home
Finished two wild hog hindquarters a hour ago and i'm about to pull the brisket off the pit to get ready to head over to a buddy's house for the game tonight, bottle of Buffalo Trace in hand!

Of course pulling for my alma mater, predicting 'Bama on top 27-17.

Roll Tide and you guys enjoy what should be an epic game tonight.
carne asada and Jameson on the rocks. Go N.D.
Roll Tide!
Originally Posted by rusty25
Roll Tide!

NOPE...... Pac 12 fan, here. Go N.D.
I had lots more confidence in Alabama before I saw the rest of the SEC try to play football this bowl season. Now I'm thinking ND has a great chance to win. This ain't the 'bama of the past 3 years by a long stretch. Hope I'm waaaaay wrong BTW.
Chicken wings and beer with my old college roomate, at the pub. GO IRISH!!!
Titos/tonic/lime and a chop salad for me. We'll be pulling for the Golden Domers tonight to with the BCS!
Much as it pains me to say it.....Roll Tide.

by a couple of touchdowns.

although it's not exact.....the math works something like this:

Alabama beat Ole Miss 33-14 without breathing hard.

Ole Miss destroyed Pitt 38-17, and it wasn't as close as the score.

Pitt had Notre Dame down two touchdowns in the fourth quarter before the Irish escaped with a 29-26 win.

Alabama isn't as good as they were last year, and Notre Dame has a defense, so it isn't going to be a runaway, but the bookies have had it a 9 or 10 point game from the beginning. I'd guess something like 27-14.
SEC is 5-3....6-3 after tonight.

Originally Posted by huntinaz
Chicken wings and beer with my old college roomate, at the pub. GO IRISH!!!

yes sir. go N.D.
4 degrees away from a NC? smile

what time is kickoff?
I think Alabama wins, not that I want them to.

No matter what happens tho ND doesn't win.

1. Beat Alabama and the talk will be about how Alabama didn't take them serious, there was fatigue from being there 3/4 years etc. The national dialogue will be about how Alabama lost, not how Notre Dame won.

2. Lose to Alabama and the conversation will immediately swing VIOLENTLY to "Notre Dame was WAY overrated, never should have been there, complete garbage". Guaranteed. Which will be unfortunate because those kids play who is put in front of them. They've done everything asked and they've beaten good teams.

Realistically - Alabama and the SEC both should be sending the sweater vest a thank you card because were it not for some free tattoos - Alabama's home watching ND/OSU tonight.
Originally Posted by JGRaider
I had lots more confidence in Alabama before I saw the rest of the SEC try to play football this bowl season. Now I'm thinking ND has a great chance to win. This ain't the 'bama of the past 3 years by a long stretch. Hope I'm waaaaay wrong BTW.

I think this game will be close real close but Bama prevails because of their depth.
Originally Posted by Steve_NO

by a couple of touchdowns.

although it's not exact.....the math works something like this:

Alabama beat Ole Miss 33-14 without breathing hard.

Ole Miss destroyed Pitt 38-17, and it wasn't as close as the score.

Pitt had Notre Dame down two touchdowns in the fourth quarter before the Irish escaped with a 29-26 win.

Alabama isn't as good as they were last year, and Notre Dame has a defense, so it isn't going to be a runaway, but the bookies have had it a 9 or 10 point game from the beginning. I'd guess something like 27-14.

I'll be waiting for LPE to announce before placing my bet, thank you!
Originally Posted by ironbender
4 degrees away from a NC? smile

what time is kickoff?

7:31 central, supposedly. or you can tune in at 7 and get a half hour of dancing leprechauns and big rednecks in red shirts.
Well, let me help you ya' little opportunist.

I feel badly for ND tonight.
Ohio State is sort of the Name Which Must Not Be Named on ESPN this bowl season, aren't they?
Originally Posted by RISJR

your off your rocker. Homeboy is gonna knock the socks off the Q.B. tonight. f-the tide and SEC.
Ohio State is sort of the Name Which Must Not Be Named on ESPN this bowl season, aren't they?

Yeah - nobody and I mean nobody is talking about how OSU isn't there due to sanctions over Alabama. Not that I think they should or that Alabama is a bad program, far from that - just that there's a reality there that if Jim T hadn't been an idiot - they're in this game.

At the end of the day tho - college football is what it is today due to programs like ND, Alabama, Michigan, Penn State - the historical power houses that build college football from 60/70/80s etc.
Need a ND win and I will win Campfire Bowl Pool...hoping for a defensive struggle and ND to squeek one out
Originally Posted by teal
I think Alabama wins, not that I want them to.

No matter what happens tho ND doesn't win.

1. Beat Alabama and the talk will be about how Alabama didn't take them serious, there was fatigue from being there 3/4 years etc. The national dialogue will be about how Alabama lost, not how Notre Dame won.

2. Lose to Alabama and the conversation will immediately swing VIOLENTLY to "Notre Dame was WAY overrated, never should have been there, complete garbage". Guaranteed. Which will be unfortunate because those kids play who is put in front of them. They've done everything asked and they've beaten good teams.

Realistically - Alabama and the SEC both should be sending the sweater vest a thank you card because were it not for some free tattoos - Alabama's home watching ND/OSU tonight.

Good points all! And,come on,guys - this is the BCS NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME! Let's give it its proper respect - lower case letters indeed!

This bodes well for me!
Go 'Bama!
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge

This bodes well for me!

===========

Your post doesn't!
Did you see what some people are paying for game tickets? I'm guessing if a guy got on the Alabama Craigslist you could buy a coon dog and a nylon 66 real cheap! grin

Mike
Is this game going to be broadcast on through the air by any network or is this cable/satellite only like all the other bowl games?
ROLL TIDE!!!

Should be a good one.
It's on ESPN.
Either way, it wont be a good night to be on the roads around here tonight.
Originally Posted by BOWHUNR
Did you see what some people are paying for game tickets? I'm guessing if a guy got on the Alabama Craigslist you could buy a coon dog and a nylon 66 real cheap! grin

Mike

lol, what blows my mind is my friends that are down there and actually spent that kind of money on those tickets.
Originally Posted by tdbob
It's on ESPN.

Bummer. Then it won't be on at my place.
It's on ESPN.

That'll require a bar trip, just like the ill-fated KSU game.

BCS Corp musta got plenty o'money for the bowel games.
Originally Posted by BOWHUNR

Mike

Retail ticket prices were around $850. What did scalpers get?
I've heard as high as $2200.00 from a buddy of mine that lives in Miami.

Mike
Geeezus, $850 for a football game?
That's 260%. Not bad!
My father, a lifelong Irish diehard, spent his retirement years following the team through the Davie, Willingham and Weise years of frustration. He passed away in 2008. Today would have been his birthday and I gotta figure there is a little bit of karma in that. So, tonight I'll be sipping whisky, cheering for the Irish and thinking of Dad. It will be a good game. The Irish D can play with anybody.

GO IRISH!
Originally Posted by BrentD
It's on ESPN.

Bummer. Then it won't be on at my place.

It could be, if you have a computer at home: Live Feed
I couldn't despise Saban much more. I also happen to be Catholic. Having said that,....
I hope Notre Dame is embarassed in an epic loss for the ages!

Cut, paste, save....

This will come in handy later.... grin

ROLL TIDE!!!
I'm a Dolphins fan so needless to say Saban isn't on my Xmas card list
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
I'm a Dolphins fan so needless to say Saban isn't on my Xmas card list

TFF!! laugh
GO IRISH!!
Roll Tide!
What's with this crap!
I think Alabama will win this, but the game I would like to see is Ohio State getting their first loss from Texas A&M. No team hotter than A&M right now, in my opinion.
I think it is going to be a snoozer and Oregon will be declared National champs by default regardless of who wins tonight. They can just ship the trophy to the Ducks right now...... wink

Go Ducks!

Bob
My late father-in-law not only went to ND but played for Rockne.

You KNOW who I'm pulling for.
What time is the game on? channel?
RTWFT.

8:30 godforsaken Eastern time, 6:30 here in civilization. On ESPN.
Originally Posted by RockyRaab

I bet he had some good stories from his time with Coach Rockne.
Originally Posted by Sheister
I think it is going to be a snoozer and Oregon will be declared National champs by default regardless of who wins tonight. They can just ship the trophy to the Ducks right now...... wink

Go Ducks!

Bob

You done fell and hit your head.

Rocky,
I understand your position completely. I had to break down and pull for Louisville this past weekend because Mrs. Tide has her degrees from that school.
Most folks have no idea how many Black Catholics there are until ND gets in a bowl game.

grin
or they visit south Louisiana. wink
Funny!

Just poured an ice-t and whiskey. Gonna try to stay awake for the finish.

Whoever turns it over first loses.
Originally Posted by SamOlson

Whoever turns it over first loses.

Interesting concept Sammer! I'll go with the Fighting Irish!!
Hey Chuck, these games are too hard to pick!

I just hope it's close, Alabama will probably win but you never know!
Go Irish
Thanks Rocky!
Will somebody PLEASE shut Bo Musberger up!!!
Actually - not even going to watch the game.
Tide going through that ND defense like a hot knife through butter...helped by two penalties.
ND defense may be in for a long night!
going to be a long night for the golden helmet boys.
And just like that!

Roll SEC.
Tide 7-0
I could care less about the SEC. I just dislike Notre Dame.

As much as it pains me... Roll Tide.
So much for ND coach's emphasis on those "first two minutes." I honestly thought what he said was completely lame. Games aren't won by playing two minutes per quarter...
I saw this script yesterday in the Skins Seahawks game
that sure looked like a catch.
I like DirectV GENIE!
WTF I thought is was Jesus's team
ND is getting [bleep] hard by the refs.
They will burn in hell for it
Refs have blown it bigtime
This is why I hate retards as college referees.
Why is this game on ESPN? And is Brent cheeseburger the best they got?
Originally Posted by 5sdad

Good points all! And,come on,guys - this is the BCS "Mythical" NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME! Let's give it its proper respect - lower case letters indeed!

Had to edit that for you.
that sure looked like a catch.

That was a catch.
This games over.
Whine all you want about the officials, but ND is clearly outclassed.
WOW!!!!!
God loves the SEC
the fightin' Irish better start fightin'...
Anybody got a radio link for this?
Originally Posted by Kentucky_Windage
Whine all you want about the officials, but ND is clearly outclassed.

yeah, it doesn't look like they're going to need any help from anyone. this could get real ugly real fast.
Originally Posted by tzone
This games over.

Thanks to the refs. Alabama may be the better team, but at this point I think the entire game was changed by incredibly bad calls. (I don't have a dog in this fight, I like both teams, but probably prefer Alabama).
Originally Posted by Mako25

its on ESPN radio, and you don't have to listen to Musberger.
shocked
That was not a fumble.
Originally Posted by Mako25

ESPN LIVE. It's 980 here.
Go ahead and give the ball to AL. Knee down or not....
ND upchucks it...Bama ball on ND 30.

replay looks like his knee was down though....ND deserves a make up call anyway for the pass call earlier.

ND had no business being ranked #1 just because they went undefeated playing a weak azz schedule
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide
That was not a fumble.

not that it will matter much. wink
Where in the world is this crew from?
Couple of bad calls? You boys ain't seen AL play very much.

But, it ain't the refs trucking all over ND's defense and their Heisman runner-up.
Tuscaloosa
Where in the world is this crew from?

Big 12
Originally Posted by RockyRaab

Yeah, Roll Tide..
Is that Vanderbilt?
Lucky to hold on there.
Roll Tide!!!
Where's that almost Heisman Trophy winner for ND?

LMAO!
eek
#17 for ND will have a career high in tackles before this game is over.
no zebra help on this drive, and it still looks like a prison rape.
or is it Purdue?
Too bad Oregon isn't playing Alabama.
Originally Posted by kend

Would've been a good game.......

Why? Would they like to be prison raped as well?
To bad the Aggies had an early loss when Johnny Football was real green....
I want to go on record and denounce the poor calls on the incomplete pass and the fumble which was overturned. I figure if I'm not honest about that, then I can't make prideful posts about the way Alabama is playing otherwise.

result would be similar.
Originally Posted by Stan V

Not to mention the second loss to LSU when he wasn't so green
Thank God we only have to endure 2 more years of these terrible match ups before they try and at least put a competitive came on the field.
By then there will only be 3 conferences.

Sorry 4----all others.
I want to go on record and denounce the poor calls on the incomplete pass and the fumble which was overturned. I figure if I'm not honest about that, then I can't make prideful posts about the way Alabama is playing otherwise.

the fumble call was iffy....but the catch was clearly a bad call.

but, again, those aren't going to matter at the end of the game, and bad calls are part of the game.

Bama has as many points in 15 minutes and four seconds as they got in an hour at LSU.
Football

Yet Another thing better in the south.
Oh we'll reruns of Gilligans Island are on the other channel
No 1. vs No. 2. WTF do you want?

37 days since the teams last played is the real problem. UA stayed sharp and ND didn't.
Originally Posted by heavywalker
Thank God we only have to endure 2 more years of these terrible match ups before they try and at least put a competitive came on the field.

Won't be any different.

The way "Johnny Football" whooped up on Oklahoma and Alabama, the first time, bet he'd love to try Alabama again. That kid was amazing the other night.
So, anything on TV tonight?
Originally Posted by jwp475

And the gang rape that just mysteriously disappeared.
I am glad to see that Bama didn't come out flat.

Love to see the Nose Tackle line up as FB in short yardage.

Running the ball between the tackles is a thing of beauty.
Originally Posted by 5sdad

Won't be any different.

Sure it will, there will be two SEC teams on the field and it will be a ballgame.

8th game and lost by 5....I'll give you LSU and take Alabama

Nobody beats the Aggies now
Originally Posted by hatari

Says who?
What stupid call on 4th and 5
a rematch between Bama and A&M would have been nice.

ND goes for it on fourth down....and doesn't get it. They're officially in in desperation mode now.
Notre Dame is showing itself as being a paper tiger. UA is again showing the dominance of the SEC. Right now, the 5th best team in the SEC (A& M< ranked before the Bowls behinD UA, UGA, UF, LSU) could kick any other butt in town right now.

If Oregon hadn't fallen asleep at the wheel, we'd have a better game, but they lost.

8th game and lost by 5....I'll give you LSU and take Alabama

Nobody beats the Aggies now

Of course TaM looked unbeatable against OK, just like ND looked great against 12 nobody's
Here comes another Alabama score.....reminds me of the Florida Ohio State game in 2007.

Says who?

I think Notre Dame is being exposed as an extremely bogus number one. their big wins were what....USC, which sucks big time...and Oklahoma, which got gang banged by A&M.

Oh, and Stanford, which struggled with 5 loss Wisconsin in the Rose Bowl.
Originally Posted by 444Matt
BCS National Championship Game!

Game? What Game?

Notre Dame's schedule is showing............the media put them into a game that they simply can't compete in. There is just no way that ND is the 2nd best team in the country.

This could be a record blowout for a BCS Championship game.

MM

Says who?

That's what the BCS ranked them at the end of the season. Those will be the same Gomers giving you the "Let's make more revenue to fund Title IX" playoffs.
Well, after watching Seattle come back from 14 down I reckon anything can happen...but, I doubt it.
Alabama actually brought a punter?

Says who?

I think Notre Dame is being exposed as an extremely bogus number one. their big wins were what....USC, which sucks big time...and Oklahoma, which got gang banged by A&M.

You got that right. Sooner or later ND was going to be exposed. Too bad it was in this game instead of a season game with a quality opponent. Then we could have a REAL national championship game.

Bob
21-0 Bama...........2nd quarter.

Got a feelin its going to be a good 30 point blowout.

Originally Posted by bigsqueeze

Maybe by halftime
Jeezus, I'm done watching this schidt...Might be good if ND quit now as well, collectively shaved their junk with orange juice and took a bubble bath..........

The media always push ND. Going back to 2005 when they matched NG against LSU and ND got blew out of that game also
Originally Posted by chas05
Jeezus, I'm done watching this schidt...Might be good if ND quit now as well, collectively shaved their junk with orange juice and took a bubble bath..........

that was mean.

I sense much bitterness from the Oregon contingent. But didn't Stanford beat Oregon, and lost to ND? wink
Uh, Roll Tide.
its on ESPN radio, and you don't have to listen to Musberger.

Well, I found it (finally), but at 21-zip, I've got the volume pretty low.

heysus, a blow out in the makin'.

The media always push ND. Going back to 2005 when they matched NG against LSU and ND got blew out of that game also

I think that was the 2007 Sugar Bowl....41-14 LSU. They'd probably take that score right now, this one shapes up to be worse.
This game is a pretty sad championship game. Not optimistic it's going to get better.
'Bama looks really good on both sides of the ball.

ND is flat and is simply way too slow.

Just like everybody thought.....grin
OM vs AL......14-33
ND vs Pitt....29-26 (3OT)
OM vs Pitt....38-17

Just sayin'
I don't know...It suits me.
Cooper just whiffed on a sure TD
I thought he would stretch out for that ball!
Is ND's punt returner retarded?
OMG...ND starts on their three yard line. this will not end well.

He should have had that. A little leap forward and easy catch.
I see a pick 6 in Bama future
Somebody needs to tell that boy to run away from that football instead of catching it.

Looked like he just misjudged it...he should have caught it.
I see a pick 6 in Bama future

It will be a strip of the QB while he runs around with the ball in one hand while still in the pocket.
hit him in a bad spot.
Does anyone think ND will even score?
Is ND's punt returner retarded?

Apparently. ND is not helping themselves.
I sniff a turnover coming...

I think that was the 2007 Sugar Bowl....41-14 LSU. They'd probably take that score right now, this one shapes up to be worse.

I believe you are correct
hit him in a bad spot.

Yeah, 6 O'clock isn't the ideal spot but the ball was right there.
Uh, Roll Tide.

+ 1.... + it will really improve the Aggie's preseason rankings for next year cool

The Cathloics will be throwing all "Hail Mary's" by the start of the 3rd Quarter.

I believe you are correct

great game, almost as much fun as Ohio State a year later. wink
Aggies should finish this year #3?
Time for Bama to put this away. Go for the jugular on this drive.

that was mean.

I sense much bitterness from the Oregon contingent. But didn't Stanford beat Oregon, and lost to ND? wink

No bitterness here, the Ducks couldn't get it done. But I am having a hard time deciding if I hate Saban more than NBC U.
Imagine the conflict LSU fans have wink
ROLL TIDE ROLL !!!!!!

that was mean.

Of course it was mean grin Oregon lost one game to a team with two losses, not sure how that's different from Bama confused

And we all knew ND was paper tiger...sheesh

===========

Dude!
Heisman runner-up...and whiffs on a tackle like that?
Originally Posted by Nail
hit him in a bad spot.

It was just off his fingertips...I'd call that 12 o' clock.
How embarrassing would the Heisman committee be had they selected that ND linebacker...Tae'o!
Its a super blowout. Game sucks. Notre Dame has no business or right being in this game.
hit him in a bad spot.

Ball came from straight behind him, not favoring either shoulder....6 O'clock
===========

Dude!

there's something to thunk on
For the moment, the score is actually closer than the game. I repeat, for the moment. That's as much optimism as I can dig up.
Time for Bama to put this away. Go for the jugular on this drive.

They look bled out already......... sick

that was mean.

Of course it was mean grin Oregon lost one game to a team with two losses, not sure how that's different from Bama confused

Oregon plays in the PAC-12 their loss was not as quality of loss as was bama's to an SEC team
Damnnnnnn
Freakin' Lacy is a tank. His stumps looks like cypress knees.

If I am a domer and at the game I'm in a cab headed to South Beach for some Joes Stone Crabs.
Dayum, what a cakewalk

bama is skull dragging them now
Funny song in the back of my mind from long ago...

"Turn out the lights, the party's over."
hit him in a bad spot.

Ball came from straight behind him, not favoring either shoulder....6 O'clock

Ok, I'm tracking. The ball came from his 6, but it hit him at 12, in stride. I was never tasked with catching the ball only snapping it.

Coach told me that the Center was the last stop before the bus stop...
wink
'Bama is looking good! This isn't even a game.
We need a "run-rule".!
welcome to the SEC
Like I said before the game.....ND has no chance of beating Bama. Never a doubt in my mind. whistle
Who da [bleep] thought ND had a snowball's chance in hell...

grin
They'd better take a knee or it'll be 35-0
Muskburger is in love with AJ's girl.

Dirty old man!

Alright, does Bama keep pouring on the coal in the 2nd half or will they show mercy and just run the ball?

It is already ugly.
Funny song in the back of my mind from long ago...

"Turn out the lights, the party's over."

Thank you, Don.
Still hate Saban.......lying bastard.

Hell, so am I!
Well yeah, me too......grin!

Why? Would they like to be prison raped as well?

That's funny as hell. I'll give you that!
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
We need a "run-rule".!

In high school ball here in Iowa, anytime the score differential is 35 or more after half-time (after the first quarter in 8-man) we run continuous clock.

Romney was going to win, too! wink

We're lookin at o for 2

Dirty old man!

Alright, does Bama keep pouring on the coal in the 2nd half or will they show mercy and just run the ball?

It is already ugly.

Hammer 'em! Make sure they don't come back for another 25 years! grin
*click*

I'm done with it.

Tuned out at:

'Bama - 28

ND - zip

late second quarter
>yawn<
Texas A&M should be playing Bama

Hell, so am I!
.............+++++++++++ Me too!
BCS=Joke

Ok, I'm tracking. The ball came from his 6, but it hit him at 12, in stride. I was never tasked with catching the ball only snapping it.

wink

Oh I agree, he should have had it (not that it appears to matter much now). But when one is running straight away and then has to throw their head straight back to find the ball, it just makes it harder to maintain forward momentum. In this case just a half step behind....or at least a half step behind where he thought he would be.

BTW, I was a center as well. Got put there the spring before my senior year of HS. I had never snapped a ball in my life for any reason up till then. Somehow, the QB and I managed to make it through the whole season without one botched snap.

Hell, so am I!

I think I'm in love with her to. Dam good looking woman to be going with that ugly [bleep]
Originally Posted by bea175

Hell, so am I!

I think I'm in love with her to. Dam good looking woman to be going with that ugly [bleep]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Romney was going to win, too! wink

We're lookin at o for 2

Thanks for the support hatari...... smile
Don't you know Urban's sitting there and thinking DAYUM. Just DAYUM!!!!!!

He wants to say it.

wink

Oh I agree, he should have had it (not that it appears to matter much now). But when one is running straight away and then has to throw their head straight back to find the ball, it just makes it harder to maintain forward momentum. In this case just a half step behind....or at least a half step behind where he thought he would be.

BTW, I was a center as well. Got put there the spring before my senior year of HS. I had never snapped a ball in my life for any reason up till then. Somehow, the QB and I managed to make it through the whole season without one botched snap.

Well brother, I'll lift a cold blue ribbon and propose a toast to the Center!

Hell, so am I!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

now that is Table Grade
Notre Dame needs a real QB.......haven't had one there since Montana
no, they needed to stay home
Switched to 'Behind Enemy Lines'.

wink

Actually, to any decent receiver, those over the head catches are among the easiest. It comes from endless reps... He simply misjudged it.
No use for them bastards that ranked ND BCS #1. Wasted a perfectly good ballgame.

The Irish have no business in the top ten. This freelancing non-conference bullshit has got to stop!
Did one of the teams forget to show up?
Desmond Howard looks like a pissed off pimp.
Sho do Sam...
Bwahahahahahahah! I was just sitting here marvelling at that big assed purple tie with a knot as wide as his nose.
Blah!
I knew the Georgia vs Alabama game back in December was 'the' game to settle #1 vs #2

that was mean.

Oregon plays in the PAC-12 their loss was not as quality of loss as was bama's to an SEC team

I will not belabor this point, but if you think Oregon and ND are the same arena you haven't been watching college football...
Notre Dame is getting just what they deserve.
Turns out, he left his ostrich feather and hat before heading out to commentate.
Originally Posted by 257Deland
Notre Dame needs a real QB.......haven't had one there since Montana

ND needs an OL, a DL, LB, DB and RB other than that they look OK

To all the unsung heroes of the O-line. Never showing up on the stat sheet and only getting your number called out during a game when some ref "thought" he saw holding. grin Cheers.
Originally Posted by sharpsguy

It's always a great day when ND gets the ever lovin' crap beat out of them.
Originally Posted by 257Deland
Originally Posted by bigsqueeze

Maybe by halftime
...............Ok.....Time to revise! Maybe a 50+ point blowout.
Well, let's see, Alabama pays their coach 5 million doll

Actually, to any decent receiver, those over the head catches are among the easiest. It comes from endless reps... He simply misjudged it.

On a fade route or something, I would agree. But not in a dead sprint straight away.

Hell, so am I!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
...............Wrap her up! I`ll take her! Yeah, in my dreams!...........Stunningly gorgeous.

AJ....You lucky SOB!

I watch a lot of football and a I played football and Oregon and I know that Oregon can't play with bama
Desmond Howard looks like a pissed off pimp.

He should be elated since he played at Michigan........ laugh

To all the unsung heroes of the O-line. Never showing up on the stat sheet and only getting your number called out during a game when some ref "thought" he saw holding. grin Cheers.

Exactly, I never once held, despite what the zebras said. I mean, it's not like I tackled 'em (much).

Can't be letting the pretty boy in the backfield get hit, ya know.

Dirty old man!

It is already ugly.

Hammer 'em! Make sure they don't come back for another 25 years! grin

Mercy is not in the Nick Saban playbook.
I hope not.
ND is just outclassed
That's about the 4th time Lacy has run smooth over Fabio's azzz tonight.
No.. Notre Dame can't play with Bama...that's been established...nothing else cool Just like Bama couldn't play with A&M, and Oregon couldn't play with Stanford... I'm good with agreeing to disagree...YMMV

Charlie
No.. Notre Dame can't play with Bama...that's been established...nothing else cool Just like Bama couldn't play with A&M, and Oregon couldn't play with Stanford... I'm good with agreeing to disagree...YMMV

Charlie

Oregon lost to Auburn in the BSCCG and then lost to LSU bad to start the next season. Yep Oregon stacks up well against the SEC

I will not belabor this point, but if you think Oregon and ND are the same arena you haven't been watching college football...

the results against common opponents would suggest otherwise

Notre Dame v USC 22-13

Oregon v USC 62-51

the fact that Oregon let a USC team that sucked all year hang half a hundred on them should tell you something about what Bama would do to them

that T'eo dude doesn't look like all that and a bag of chips against a real team, do he?

Why? Don't their kids work hard and sacrifice a lot to play for ND? Are they a bunch of bad people? Why do they deserve to get hammered?

Bama has far more resources to field the team they have, and they're d@mned good, but it doesn't mean ND deserves a thrashing. They'll get one, but they worked just as hard as Bama to get to this game.
The Irishes luck ran out. I think Wylie Coyote had more luck with the stuff he bought from the Acme corporation than ND is having tonight.
No Gold at the end of the Rainbow tonight
35-0.

Saban is not going to let up on them.
Lou Holtz is bawling and squawling uncontrollably about right now.....
but they worked just as hard as Bama to get to this game.

Please look at the schedules that those two teams play, and then tell me if you will still agree with that statement.
35-0.

I hope not.
He has to earn the 5 Million
that T'eo dude doesn't look like all that and a bag of chips against a real team, do he?

nope
Originally Posted by luv2safari

Why? Don't their kids work hard and sacrifice a lot to play for ND? Are they a bunch of bad people? Why do they deserve to get hammered?

Bama has far more resources to field the team they have, and they're d@mned good, but it doesn't mean ND deserves a thrashing. They'll get one, but they worked just as hard as Bama to get to this game.

well, you're right in the sense that the players didn't decide they were number one, the BCS did. ND being constantly overrated and over covered by the media isn't their fault, either.
35-0.

Of course not. He learned that from Spurrier. Saban is in recruiting mode right now.
If ND wants on the score board then make them earn it, don't just give it to them
Well, I suppose the SEC really is the top conference in college football. LOL Should have been the Aggies playing for #1!

You're kidding, right? ND nets over $40M per year with it's football program, as per ESPN this afternoon.
Fat lady is a singing! Good morning, good afternoon and good night ND!

Time to channel surf.

Dammit!.........NCIS isn`t on tonight.
He has to earn the 5 Million

I think the Bama fans are getting their money's worth.

Bama's Linebackers and D ends are running down ND's backs, and Bama is really young.....mercy!
I know I am. Won $270 tonight so far........

zebras trying to help out now with the complete call on an out of bounds pass and roughing the passer call. too little, too late.
Well...Like I said YMMV, we didn't play this year and that's really sad. Chips back and so are a lot of young guys, and some really good coaches, the SEC is the schidt, we're looking forward to another shot. We want to play...hint

G'nite

Charlie
give the dog a bone.
I bet ND fans ain't complaining about the refs now.
and Notre Dame scores!!!

after 41 minutes of play
ND scores!
Well...Like I said YMMV, we didn't play this year and that's really sad. Chips back and so are a lot of young guys, and some really good coaches, the SEC is the schidt, we're looking forward to another shot. We want to play...hint

G'nite

Charlie

Chip said it best after the LSU game last year "LSU has a different animal they are bigger and faster than we are"

well, you're right in the sense that the players didn't decide they were number one, the BCS did. ND being constantly overrated and over covered by the media isn't their fault, either.

Which is where the whole business goes awry. Any game is about two groups of players who worked and prepared to play it. Usually, there is a difference in talent. There is probably also some difference in the amount of work put in by the players, although neither group probably needs to be ashamed of the time and effort they put in. There can also be a difference in preparation, game plan, and play-calling. In the end, one team wins and one team loses. The only time players deserve to be called out is if their behavior is something to be ashamed of.
Hil Mary full of grace ND is in second place

He is the modern version of Brian Bosworth. The Boz 2.0.

Not a chance! Notre Dame turned their back on him when he started to push the Gippers record..... Remember its revered as the home of Knute Rockne not the home of Lou Holtz.... Lou deserved it though..... ND has deteriorated ever since they canned him.

Won't be a ND shirt worn in the South Bend/Michiana area tomorrow.... Such a sad group of people....
Butt Whoopin' being dealt.

BMT
still pouring it on....42-7.
Originally Posted by PAMac

Not a chance! Notre Dame turned their back on him when he started to push the Gippers record..... Remember its revered as the home of Knute Rockne not the home of Lou Holtz.... Lou deserved it though..... ND has deteriorated ever since they canned him.

Won't be a ND shirt worn in the South Bend/Michiana area tomorrow.... Such a sad group of people....

Holtz picks ND every game no matter what. Holtz is a homer and he is in intensive care at the moment because of the score

Holtz resigned Notre Dame to keep from breaking Knute Rockne's record out of respect. He was not pressured to leave.
God fearing and gun toting keeps the SEC in God's good grace. Screw the Chicago suburb team.

Holtz picks ND every game no matter what. Holtz is a homer and he is in intensive care at the moment because of the score

Lou is not stupid.... Where do you think his retirement funds are tucked away at? He is a paid spokes model and has a legacy to be proud of through that school! I'm sure he is laughing inside... Haven't had a good coach since.....
yeah, if Lou harbors any lingering resentment toward Notre Dame he certainly conceals it well. I hope he's on the post game show trying to explain this pitiful showing.

who would have thought the undefeated number one would....unless they get some points soon....do worse against Alabama than Ole Miss or Miss State did?
Originally Posted by GeoW
Holtz resigned Notre Dame to keep from breaking Knute Rockne's record out of respect. He was not pressured to leave.

I live in the heart of the beast.... They kept it quiet, with alot of tension in the air around here when it happened.... I'm sure it was:
"Do what we say and be happy about it....Or these monks right here might just beat you down with these smoky balls hanging of ah these sticks....if ah youz ah knows what I'z ah mean...."

Originally Posted by stxhunter
give the dog a bone.

fair nuff...laffin...

Purt shure who's gonna be #1 at this point...no where else to be...

Charlie

Lou is not stupid.... Where do you think his retirement funds are tucked away at? He is a paid spokes model and has a legacy to be proud of through that school! I'm sure he is laughing inside... Haven't had a good coach since.....

He sure sounds stupid every time I hear him trying to tell the world how great this ND team is

42-14....they better hope they didn't make Saban mad with that TD
hey...hey....don't get on Ole Miss......we beat Pitt btw
42-14....they better hope they didn't make Saban mad with that TD

Only natural for the D to lose a little intensity when the game is long over.
Switching to Gunsmoke. Adios.

Roll SEC!
WTF was that about? the center shoves the QB, Saban twists a gut on the sidelines?
Musburger is taking a beating [b][color:#3333FF]for lusting after the QB's girlfriend....[/color][/b]

laugh
Roll Tide!!!
Originally Posted by AFTERUM

oh, I'm not. they play in a tough neighborhood, and showed what they can do against Pitt pretty convincingly.

My friends been texting his Domer friends with "hows the game going?"

The replies he's been getting back have been horrible....

We're thinking about taping an Alabama banner on our hoist at the shop tonight to greet the shop Domers with in the morning....
well, I'll be damned. Saban just pulled all the starters with three minutes to go.
Musburger is taking a beating for lusting after the QB's girlfriend....

*reason for edit, mistaken identity
WTF was that about? the center shoves the QB, Saban twists a gut on the sidelines?

QB was yelling at center for a broken play, center shoved QB away. Called pressure.

Gamecast poster said that they must of been arguing over what 2 for $20 meal to get at Applebees after the game!!!!!! Rolling.....
Did. I. mention
ROLL TIDE ROLL !!!!!!!!

Were thinking about taping an Alabama banner on our hoist at the shop tonight to greet the shop Domers with in the morning....

well, that would be mean.

one of my partners is a ND grad and bleeds green....I'm cogitating on just how to tastefully rub his nose in it tomorrow. he was talking some serious smack earlier today.
Originally Posted by AFTERUM

oh, I'm not. they play in a tough neighborhood, and showed what they can do against Pitt pretty convincingly.

Yep, our only embarrassing loss was to Texas. We lead LSU for 59:10 and Texas A&M for 54 minutes out of the two games, and gave them both games in the last few minutes. Same thing happened with Vandy, who had a surprisingly good team. Ole Miss should have been 10-3 easily this year and finished in the top 10, but it just didn't quite work out that way. Next year is going to be a good year.
I think we all knew that ND had no business being in this game. It was nothing but a mix of nostalgia and politics that got them in it. Then they embarrass themselves.

It also shows the weakness of BCS. What a joke.
This just out...... I75 has just been re-named the highway of tears.....
The SEC west is going to be a bloodbath next year, for sure.

Congratulations to Alabama....helluva performance.
Bama played a heck of a game. I still think Oregon would have given them a better game, but I'm not sure they could have beaten them. Bama is the real deal for sure.
We'll have next year to find out as Chip Kelly will be back along with most of our team and a few great recruits.

Looking forward to next year.....

Bob
Originally Posted by bamagun01
Did. I. mention
ROLL TIDE ROLL !!!!!!!!

smoke pole. grin
... Saban twists a gut on the sidelines?

I think that his beef was that it was the only time in recorded history that the officials in either college ball or the NFL didn't allow a team to wipe out a delay penalty by calling a time-out after the flag was thrown.
I think it's funny that every $hitty little mall kiosk in America is saying "oh crap, what are we going to do with all this Domer $hit!"

Mike
Wow. Really didn't expect that blowout. Turns out ND was all hype. Great season, congrats to the Aggies and that dam Johnny Manzeil. Don't look forward to playing him for a few more years.

Its great to be from Alabama.
The SEC west is going to be a bloodbath next year, for sure.

Congratulations to Alabama....helluva performance.

After spending a few spring breaks on the Gulf Coast, I've taken a liking to Alabama and the wonderful people down there.
Here's to the Tide rollin' over the Razorbacks and that ashole coach of them!
Doesn't make any difference whether it's the left coast, the right coast, the Mid West or the Great Lakes area....if ya think ya have a great college football team...ya gotta go south of the Mason-Dixon Line to find out just how good they ain't!! Down here, football isn't a hobby....it's a way of life kinda like cornbread, black-eyed peas, hunting, and fishing!! Basically I'm an LSU fan but I like Nick Saban! He's strict on discipline; something that Les Miles doesn't understand...and probably won't ever understand!! crazy

Damn great performance Tide! My hat's off to ya!!
444Matt: I am glad I do not bet on sporting events (or anything else for that matter!).
I thought it was going to be a much closer contest than it turned out to be and I was rooting for the "under-dog" (Alabama ranked #2) as I really did not have a dog in that fight nor a favorite!
Boy were the folks responsible for the BCS rankings wrong with Notre Dame being listed as #1 and Alabama #2!
The final score made the contest look much closer than it was!
Notre Dame was just overwhelmed and manhandled to the extreme.
Congrats to the Tide and their fans on a solid victory.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
P.S.: This may be a topic for another thread, but, I think there are now, to many "Bowl Games" - I heard there are now 70 (seventy!) college bowl games!
That begs the question when is to many, WAY to many?
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
444Matt: I am glad I do not bet on sporting events (or anything else for that matter!).
I thought it was going to be a much closer contest than it turned out to be and I was rooting for the "under-dog" (Alabama ranked #2) as I really did not have a dog in that fight nor a favorite!
Boy were the folks responsible for the BCS rankings wrong with Notre Dame being listed as #1 and Alabama #2!
The final score made the contest look much closer than it was!
Notre Dame was just overwhelmed and manhandled to the extreme.
Congrats to the Tide and their fans on a solid victory.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
P.S.: This may be a topic for another thread, but, I think there are now, to many "Bowl Games" - I heard there are now 70 (seventy!) college bowl games!
That begs the question when is to many, WAY to many?

There needs to be one more, the Toilet Bowl for the 2 worst teams. Whoever wins the game loses the title.
It should be held in Flushing, NY.
Originally Posted by GeauxLSU
I couldn't despise Saban much more. I also happen to be Catholic. Having said that,....
I hope Notre Dame is embarassed in an epic loss for the ages!
Sometimes, you get your wish. laugh
© 24hourcampfire