Home
This is what the envelope it came in says. What would the penalty be for not returning it? Takes 50 minutes to fill out and asks a bunch of stuff that is nobodies business but mine. smirk
I got mine today, too. I'm not spending 50 minutes filling it out, but it'll get sent back "completed". whistle whistle
I have mine filled out but I'm hesitant to mail it. For the record, I answered many of the questions with "?".
I got a call also with a automated message telling me if I didn't fill it out, I would be subject to all kinds of nasty things!

Took me hours, I agree it's too intrusive and may or may not have hedged on some answers.;)

It's all part of the new Big and Bigger Brother.
That doesn't apply to me, but it seem that it is time for people to "just say no" to this kind of bullschitt.

Myron
I believe the regular population census was 'illegal' to not fill out as well. Call me criminal (I guess).
In that case I'm a criminal too.

Need a cell mate?
How would they know you even received it?
You are given a number and when my brother told them to stick it 20 years ago it was a 10000 dollar fine. I filled mine out yesterday and sent it in. ED K Oh ya thats called freedom.
Originally Posted by MShuntfish
This is what the envelope it came in says. What would the penalty be for not returning it? Takes 50 minutes to fill out and asks a bunch of stuff that is nobodies business but mine. smirk

I'd through it in the trash were it belongs....I never got it in the mail...You sure you sent it?
Toss it.. They can KYA...

All these 'gov't surveys' have threatening language in it warning of dire consequences for failing to fill out and return..

Screw 'em..
Originally Posted by GeauxLSU
I believe the regular population census was 'illegal' to not fill out as well. Call me criminal (I guess).
I had to give a little Constitutional lesson to a 'census worker' last year when she stopped by to ask why I didn't fill out the census form..

I showed her the brief paragraph in the Constitution that (basically) says this is a head count - period.. Anything else they ask is none of their business.. I further handed her a written warning that if she, or any other servant of the census bureau, decides to darken my doorstep again they would be subject to a trespassing charge.

And I WILL follow through..
I'll not fill mine out and tell them that all of you said I didn't have to...and you're willing to pay the fines. All of you who say it is ok, please work with me to set up an account that you'll place your share of the holding money in (for fines)...just in case it's needed...my part is already in there due to MY BANK ACCOUNT being TIED TO MY INCOME TAX...which is TIED TO MY FARM.

Also, please pass on your phone numbers so I can have you deal with the calls as well as letters and general headaches that will follow.

I'm pissed about having to fill it out and think they are asking for a lot of information that they don't need, but I have a farm. It plays a big part in my taxes I file every year. In the end, it's not worth the headache not to fill it out.
I also got a "call" a couple of weeks ago telling me that the survey would be arriving soon and that if I don't fill it out and send it in, they would only keep resending and/or calling until I do.
Mine was easy to fill out since I do a 1/3 - 2/3 share on all my ground. Only had to fill out the front sheet and skip to the back sheet.
I've filled one "out" for years and years. Only pertinent info to farming though. And beyond that its nunya, and I've never had it come back on me to this point.

Amazingly enough I have not recieved one this year for some reason
Originally Posted by TRnCO
I also got a "call" a couple of weeks ago telling me that the survey would be arriving soon and that if I don't fill it out and send it in, they would only keep resending and/or calling until I do.
Mine was easy to fill out since I do a 1/3 - 2/3 share on all my ground. Only had to fill out the front sheet and skip to the back sheet.

You got any PD's out there TR that need shootin' ? smirk
I got mine about a year ago, trashed it, they then sent another one with a threatening letter siting laws and fines for non-compliance.

I wrote on the front page of their survey in letters this big

I DON'T FARM ASS HOLES! YOU DON'T NEED TO KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT MY LIFE YOU F-UCKING COMMIES!

never heard anything again.
I love it... A man with 'seeds'..

Kudos, sir..

Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
I'll not fill mine out and tell them that all of you said I didn't have to...and you're willing to pay the fines. All of you who say it is ok, please work with me to set up an account that you'll place your share of the holding money in (for fines)...just in case it's needed...my part is already in there due to MY BANK ACCOUNT being TIED TO MY INCOME TAX...which is TIED TO MY FARM.

Also, please pass on your phone numbers so I can have you deal with the calls as well as letters and general headaches that will follow.

I'm pissed about having to fill it out and think they are asking for a lot of information that they don't need, but I have a farm. It plays a big part in my taxes I file every year. In the end, it's not worth the headache not to fill it out.
An example of one with NO seeds (FARMING PUN!) laugh laugh
So, what ARE they asking? Can you scan a copy and post it?
LOL...it doesn't take seeds to raise livestock.

Keep in mind...everyone has "seeds" when they don't have a vested interest and nothing related will touch them. When it's a matter of filling out a form (online is quickest) about what you raise/grow/costs/demand/etc... it's not worth the hassle and cost not to fill it out.
Originally Posted by BrentD
So, what ARE they asking? Can you scan a copy and post it?

I'll try to post a link to the online option tonight...can't remember if you have to log in or if anyone can access it.
Mine is sitting on my desk at home. I may get to it this weekend.

It makes me laugh that they need all my information. At our max, we have maybe 30 head of sheep, a few cows that we are raising to butcher, and a small flock of laying hens.

Thats at the MAX. Currently, we have 8 sheep and 5 hens. Whew. Glad to know that we are that important to the govt??
I got mine last week. Looked at it, LAUGHED, and then took about 5 minutes to answer the questions and sent it back to them. I will probably get it back. The idiot form even had a blank for my phone number...just filled in the blanks with "look it up, I'm listed in the phone book."

I am sure that I will get it back and be asked to complete it fo them in the 'proper' way. I get no farm payments so they don't need any info from me. I may just write 'DECEASED" on the next form and send it back to them. Just might have to include a few empty cartridges in the envelope for fun!
I got mine in last weekend.
I tried for an hour Monday to do it on line.
The number they have on the top did not work,said it was invalid.
I typed it in upper case/lower case no dice.
When i tried to call they said they closed at 4:00.
So yesterday i tried once again to do it online and once again it failed.
I finally got a hold of someone and she said the numbers were not right,to try some others on the front page.
I told her i would try it some more and if it didn't work they could hound me and/or send someone to talk to me.
I was serious.

It did not work so they can now kiss my arse.
Just tell them you can't write and mark a X in each space when asked a question. Say you never went to school and you are on Food Stamps and you love Obama and voted for him and if you receive another form you will vote for a Republican next election. That should take care of it in the future.
i own 2 and live on 1 farm, but haven't received the questionnaire as yet. when i do, i'll throw it in the trash just like i did with all the census crap. been doing same for many years and only been called on it one time. i told the census folks to fine me 100.00 as my attorney would be responding as soon as i got their bill. never heard another word. between the farm service agency office, the soil conservation office, my banks, the various organizations which receive my crops, and the irs, the government already knows everything about my operation.
LOL...it doesn't take seeds to raise livestock.

Um, what do livestock eat?? GRAINS.. Where do grains come from? SEEDS..

FWIW, I've been on/around/active on farms for 60+ years...
I only have 1 steer and 3 ducks.
I raise alfalfa hay and have 25 pecan trees.
Never have tried to get any .gov money,don't want it.

It just does not make any sense.
OH,I only own 13 acres.Real big time operator here.
I remember my father getting one of these idiotic surveys about 35+ years ago.. He owned/operated a larger greenhouse and they asked how many of (?) plants he grew.. He wrote a short note that said the number changes hourly - and if they wanted a count they were welcome to come and do it themselves..

Never heard from them again.. My father had little time for gov't either.. Maybe that's where I got it from .. laugh laugh

No balls eh?
How much are you kicking in?
How much are you kicking in?

I heard when they outlaw guns they will fine people who didn't turn them in.

Who's pitching in so I can keep my guns.
Ok, let's make a deal. I stop filling out my ag census, and you stop filling out your income taxes. It will be great.
I File 13 them without even opening.
I get a deal from the commerce department that says by law I have to fill it out - every year. Have yet to fill one out. I don't return it, just chunk it in the trashcan every time.
just filled mine out and sent it in....the figures I provided were very, very accurate...... wink
Energy control- check
healthcare control-check
transportation control-check
automotive mfg. control- check
media control- check
speech control- nearly check
arms control- working on it

food control---- we need a little more info on who's growing and raising what, outside of Monsanto, of course..... lets send a census with a threat to comply...
These forms are supposed to be sent out randomly. I got one today, this makes the third year in a row. I feel so lucky I went out and bought a lottery ticket.
Ok, let's make a deal. I stop filling out my ag census, and you stop filling out your income taxes. It will be great.
Just curious here, but it appears you're more than willing to jump whenever the Emperor says you must...

What if he asks you to crap a purple turd?? Gonna drink a ton of grape juice after supper??
Originally Posted by Redneck
Just curious here, but it appears you're more than willing to jump whenever the Emperor says you must...

What if he asks you to crap a purple turd?? Gonna drink a ton of grape juice after supper??

These didn't start in the last 4 years. It's seems so odd to me that my completing a random census that I've been recieveing off and on since well before he was "throned" bothers you so much. confused

If someone doesn't want to fill one out, then don't...it won't bother me. If I complete or don't complete mine, wtf does it matter to you? Filling out a random agricultural census since someone has a farm means they are jumping at the Emperor's commands?

I guess anyone and everyone should do things exactly the way you want?...much better that way...Lee's way or your in Obama's pocket...damn ag census ranks right up there with the mark of the beast... All hail the new Emperor Lee, defeater of the ag census! cry
Show us the law or the piece of paper you signed saying you'd comply with the devils future requests. empty threats from the devil mean nothing
dang, I wondered what that soaking wet envelope contained, put it on the wood stove to dry but waited way to long.
So Redneck and wildbill don't fill out income tax returns. Don't worry the gov. will never read these forums and contact you. Or do you file income tax returns and drink the koolaid boys. LOL ED K

What Census?
Originally Posted by edk
So Redneck and wildbill don't fill out income tax returns. Don't worry the gov. will never read these forums and contact you. Or do you file income tax returns and drink the koolaid boys. LOL ED K
Show us the law or the piece of paper you signed saying you'd comply with the devils future requests. empty threats from the devil mean nothing

show us what compels you to reveal private info
A fine of 10000 dollars compels me. Thats about 20000 dollars per hr to fill out a form. Or one could hire a lawyer to fight it which would problably cost more than the fine.Farming is my living not a hobby. I do not need anymore hassles with the gov. than necessary.P.S. I prefer cherry koolaid. ED K
This is NOT random. The letter states ALL farmers and ranchers need to respond. I responded just like I did in the population census, I gave them my name and how many acres I operate. NOTHING else. They don't need my phone number or e-mail address or any of the many personal things they are now asking for.....communistic bastards...
still hasn't been answered.
what law or what did you sign and agree to that makes you comply?
The law i beleive is written on the census itself. Google it.. ED K
I'll pay your $100
http://farmandranchfreedom.org/Ag-census
To late already sent it in. Penalty is way different now than when my brother wrote Stuff It and sent it back in the 70. Thanks for the offer though.Its all the same informationthey get at different times over the year anyway. ED K
you must be afraid your gubbermint check won't come if you don't comply.
Sad when guys here are wearing panties after the neutering.
No Bill i just don't like anymore hassles in life than necessary. Until they do something i really disagree with there is no reason to make life more difficult. ED K
I'm still waiting for them to show up after I only put down 2 people and nothing more on the last census
I just make up what I put on their census.
Originally Posted by siskiyous6
I just make up what I put on their census.
That's one ya gotta watch out for - the penalty for false information is tons more than just refusing to fill it out..

I merely refuse to fill out any more than is Constitutionally required..

Screw 'em..
The beauty is there is no way to know the answers to some of the questions - What percentgage of your land is drained by man made ditches? Who knows?
Originally Posted by siskiyous6
The beauty is there is no way to know the answers to some of the questions - What percentgage of your land is drained by man made ditches? Who knows?

'around here - 100% Very easy
© 24hourcampfire