Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
This is what the envelope it came in says. What would the penalty be for not returning it? Takes 50 minutes to fill out and asks a bunch of stuff that is nobodies business but mine. smirk

Teach every child you meet the importance of forgiveness. It's our only hope of surviving their wrath once they realize just how badly we've screwed things up for them.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I got mine today, too. I'm not spending 50 minutes filling it out, but it'll get sent back "completed". whistle whistle

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I have mine filled out but I'm hesitant to mail it. For the record, I answered many of the questions with "?".

Teach every child you meet the importance of forgiveness. It's our only hope of surviving their wrath once they realize just how badly we've screwed things up for them.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I got a call also with a automated message telling me if I didn't fill it out, I would be subject to all kinds of nasty things!

Took me hours, I agree it's too intrusive and may or may not have hedged on some answers.;)

It's all part of the new Big and Bigger Brother.

Cowardice is the greatest pandemic that has ever affected mankind.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
That doesn't apply to me, but it seem that it is time for people to "just say no" to this kind of bullschitt.

Myron

How many peckers can a Pecker Checker check if a Pecker Checker could check peckers?
(stolen from shootinurse)
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I believe the regular population census was 'illegal' to not fill out as well. Call me criminal (I guess).

NRA Lifer
"It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare." - Mark Twain
"Everybody has principles... until they are an inconvenience." - Me

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
In that case I'm a criminal too.

Need a cell mate?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
How would they know you even received it?

E
edk Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
You are given a number and when my brother told them to stick it 20 years ago it was a 10000 dollar fine. I filled mine out yesterday and sent it in. ED K Oh ya thats called freedom.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by MShuntfish
This is what the envelope it came in says. What would the penalty be for not returning it? Takes 50 minutes to fill out and asks a bunch of stuff that is nobodies business but mine. smirk

I'd through it in the trash were it belongs....I never got it in the mail...You sure you sent it?

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by MShuntfish
Toss it.. They can KYA...

All these 'gov't surveys' have threatening language in it warning of dire consequences for failing to fill out and return..

Screw 'em..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by GeauxLSU
I believe the regular population census was 'illegal' to not fill out as well. Call me criminal (I guess).
I had to give a little Constitutional lesson to a 'census worker' last year when she stopped by to ask why I didn't fill out the census form..

I showed her the brief paragraph in the Constitution that (basically) says this is a head count - period.. Anything else they ask is none of their business.. I further handed her a written warning that if she, or any other servant of the census bureau, decides to darken my doorstep again they would be subject to a trespassing charge.

And I WILL follow through..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I'll not fill mine out and tell them that all of you said I didn't have to...and you're willing to pay the fines. All of you who say it is ok, please work with me to set up an account that you'll place your share of the holding money in (for fines)...just in case it's needed...my part is already in there due to MY BANK ACCOUNT being TIED TO MY INCOME TAX...which is TIED TO MY FARM.

Also, please pass on your phone numbers so I can have you deal with the calls as well as letters and general headaches that will follow.

I'm pissed about having to fill it out and think they are asking for a lot of information that they don't need, but I have a farm. It plays a big part in my taxes I file every year. In the end, it's not worth the headache not to fill it out.

T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
I also got a "call" a couple of weeks ago telling me that the survey would be arriving soon and that if I don't fill it out and send it in, they would only keep resending and/or calling until I do.
Mine was easy to fill out since I do a 1/3 - 2/3 share on all my ground. Only had to fill out the front sheet and skip to the back sheet.

Laws aren't preventative measures. In other words, more laws won't prevent gun crime from happening.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I've filled one "out" for years and years. Only pertinent info to farming though. And beyond that its nunya, and I've never had it come back on me to this point.

Amazingly enough I have not recieved one this year for some reason

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by TRnCO
I also got a "call" a couple of weeks ago telling me that the survey would be arriving soon and that if I don't fill it out and send it in, they would only keep resending and/or calling until I do.
Mine was easy to fill out since I do a 1/3 - 2/3 share on all my ground. Only had to fill out the front sheet and skip to the back sheet.

You got any PD's out there TR that need shootin' ? smirk

Cowardice is the greatest pandemic that has ever affected mankind.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I got mine about a year ago, trashed it, they then sent another one with a threatening letter siting laws and fines for non-compliance.

I wrote on the front page of their survey in letters this big

I DON'T FARM ASS HOLES! YOU DON'T NEED TO KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT MY LIFE YOU F-UCKING COMMIES!

never heard anything again.

Last edited by heavywalker; 01/09/13.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I love it... A man with 'seeds'..

Kudos, sir..

Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
I'll not fill mine out and tell them that all of you said I didn't have to...and you're willing to pay the fines. All of you who say it is ok, please work with me to set up an account that you'll place your share of the holding money in (for fines)...just in case it's needed...my part is already in there due to MY BANK ACCOUNT being TIED TO MY INCOME TAX...which is TIED TO MY FARM.

Also, please pass on your phone numbers so I can have you deal with the calls as well as letters and general headaches that will follow.

I'm pissed about having to fill it out and think they are asking for a lot of information that they don't need, but I have a farm. It plays a big part in my taxes I file every year. In the end, it's not worth the headache not to fill it out.
An example of one with NO seeds (FARMING PUN!) laugh laugh

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
So, what ARE they asking? Can you scan a copy and post it?

Save an elk, shoot a cow.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
LOL...it doesn't take seeds to raise livestock.

Keep in mind...everyone has "seeds" when they don't have a vested interest and nothing related will touch them. When it's a matter of filling out a form (online is quickest) about what you raise/grow/costs/demand/etc... it's not worth the hassle and cost not to fill it out.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

555 members (219 Wasp, 222Sako, 1eyedmule, 06hunter59, 1_deuce, 12344mag, 67 invisible), 2,557 guests, and 1,330 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,564
Posts18,473,225
Members73,940
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.