Home
Posted By: Tracks Stinking ford dealer - 01/23/13
I've been waiting delivery on a new Mustang. Today I called to inquire about the delivery date, supposed to be this week.
I was told sorry, that particular car was was sent to Roush industries to be turned into one of their super Mustangs.
They might get me another in "six to eight weeks"
GD dealer didn't even have the courtesy to call and let me know
To say I'm pissed is a mild.
Posted By: Redneck Re: Stinking ford dealer - 01/23/13
Did you have a purchase order signed, with deposit, for the car? Was it a car that was 'dealer ordered' and incoming? Do you have the P/O with a S/N written on it? Or was this a fresh order originally, by you, to be delivered later??

If that latter, your beef is with FORD, not the dealer.. If this was an 'incoming' car that was dealer ordered and THEN re-routed, you may have legal options - especially if the P/O specified a S/N

Let us know more details if you would please..
Posted By: KFWA Re: Stinking ford dealer - 01/23/13
tell them you'll take the Roush for the same price after they get it back
Posted By: efw Re: Stinking ford dealer - 01/23/13
I disagree. If the dealership didn't notify him as soon as the issue was uncovered its a problem w/ both Ford & the dealership. The key to good customer service is communication and a proactive call can go a long way. He shouldn't have had to call them to find this out.

I'd say just get a Camero but who wants Bammy's commie car? I 'spose that is Ford's thinking when pullin stuff like this...
Posted By: WyColoCowboy Re: Stinking ford dealer - 01/23/13
They are lying to you. A car allocated to a dealer is allocated to a dealer, not sent to Rousch. My guess is they had an opportunity to lay somebody away and make a ton more money by selling your mustang to somebody else.

Or, the owner or GM sold yours to a buddy and decided to let you have the next one, rather than have his buddy wait for the one coming in 6-8 weeks.

If you had an original delivery date, you could drive the dealer's lot every day for a week before and after the due date and chances are you'll see that car getting dropped off. Of course, that won't help you get the car you want.

I'd look around and do business elsewhere. Plenty of Ford dealers in Colorado...

Posted By: NathanL Re: Stinking ford dealer - 01/23/13
I don't buy it either. Ford knows how many cars and what cars Rousch is going to get months in advance and wouldn't send a special order car there to begin with.

Likely someone else is getting your car. Of course it can always work the other way as well. When I bought my Ford diesel in 2000 they were backordered for months and someone else ordered one and gave up and bought something else so when it came in the dealer called me and wanted it gone that day.
Posted By: Tracks Re: Stinking ford dealer - 01/23/13
Originally Posted by Redneck
Did you have a purchase order signed, with deposit, for the car? Was it a car that was 'dealer ordered' and incoming? Do you have the P/O with a S/N written on it? Or was this a fresh order originally, by you, to be delivered later??

If that latter, your beef is with FORD, not the dealer.. If this was an 'incoming' car that was dealer ordered and THEN re-routed, you may have legal options - especially if the P/O specified a S/N

I was prepared to order a car, they told me that such a car was already built and could be delivered this week. I don't know where it was located.
I signed a contract, canceled the insurance on my trade in and got temp insurance for the one I was supposed to get.
They had better come up with something fast or I'm gonna start raising some hell.
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Stinking ford dealer - 01/23/13
I remember when Dad ordered a new '63 Olds. The paint was to be some sort of desert sand or something and the interior was to be something called, I believe, "fawn". When it arrived, the paint was as ordered, but the interior was black and white. The factory's remark was that they had way over-ordered black and white interior materials and he could take it or leave it. Dad's last Olds.
Posted By: fish head Re: Stinking ford dealer - 01/23/13
Originally Posted by WyColoCowboy
They are lying to you. A car allocated to a dealer is allocated to a dealer, not sent to Rousch. My guess is they had an opportunity to lay somebody away and make a ton more money by selling your mustang to somebody else.

I'd be willing to bet that's exactly what happened. Once a vin number is assigned to an order it's built to that spec and delivered to the dealership.

I gotta say don't waste your time dealing with them. It's not worth the frustration. You'll get jerked and yanked every which way possible.

If they have any of your $$$ just go get it back, tell 'em to [bleep] off, and find a different dealership that will order of find the car you want, at the price you want.

A simple phone call to your insurance company will correct all those issues.
Posted By: BountyHunter Re: Stinking ford dealer - 01/23/13
Ask for the name and number of the Ford area Zone Rep and call him/her. They are the local Ford liason between dealers and the mftrs in a given region.

They will sort it out and get to the bottom of it.
Posted By: Redneck Re: Stinking ford dealer - 01/23/13
Originally Posted by Tracks
Originally Posted by Redneck

I was prepared to order a car, they told me that such a car was already built and could be delivered this week. I don't know where it was located.
I signed a contract, canceled the insurance on my trade in and got temp insurance for the one I was supposed to get.
They had better come up with something fast or I'm gonna start raising some hell.
If it was 'already built', then they had the S/N.. Do you have that on your purchase order? If so, that dealer will be in tons of legal hot water.. All you gotta do is make a call to Ford customer service and have your docs on hand..

Don't know about CO., but in WI., if you have a purchase order copy with S/N and the dealer fails to deliver - they will be in SERIOUS legal trouble and can/will be fined mucho bux..

THEN go find a new Ford dealer... Sorry to hear about your troubles..
I think I may have them on the run. I've been assured that they will have an equal or better vehicle available in a couple of days.
I'll wait and see.
Posted By: WyColoCowboy Re: Stinking ford dealer - 01/23/13
If you have a signed purchase agreement with a serial number - they are screwed.

I worked for a dealer once that traded for the vehicle somebody wanted. They contracted the deal and then the dealer backed out of the trade. Problem was, they had jumped the gun and contracted before the trade transaction was complete. They
put him in a loaner, got another matching vehicle and he got them to add about $2,000 in accessories to keep him from filing a complaint with the dealer board. Contracting a vehicle and not delivering is a major, major violation. The fines alone can be 5 figures.
Posted By: AkMtnHntr Re: Stinking ford dealer - 01/23/13
Originally Posted by Tracks
I think I may have them on the run. I've been assured that they will have an equal or better vehicle available in a couple of days.
I'll wait and see.

Good for you and I hope it costs them! Care to share what you did to show them the error of their ways?
Posted By: Seminole39 Re: Stinking ford dealer - 01/23/13
sucks for you
Posted By: EricM Re: Stinking ford dealer - 01/23/13
You need to read the contract, plain and simple. What were they obligated to do?

Eric
Posted By: doubletap Re: Stinking ford dealer - 01/23/13
You cancelled your insurance on the trade-in. Does that mean you already gave them your trade? If so, do they still have it or was it sold?
Posted By: sawbuck Re: Stinking ford dealer - 01/23/13
Be glad you didnt get it. There are a myriad of reasons why that car is not available and a common one is it is in the body shop due to a mishap. Roush, not likely.

I'd gladly wait another few weeks for a fresh vehicle that landed safely at the dealer unsurrounded by mystery.

Originally Posted by doubletap
You cancelled your insurance on the trade-in. Does that mean you already gave them your trade? If so, do they still have it or was it sold?

No I still have it, all I have to do is get it changed back, still current for another week.
Posted By: K1500 Re: Stinking ford dealer - 01/23/13
First problem, you bought a Mustang instead if a Camaro wink. Second problem, dealers are like politicians, when their lips are moving....
Posted By: Slim_Jenkins Re: Stinking ford dealer - 01/24/13
I concur that they're trying to string you along with the probability of making more money off someone else. I'd take my business elsewhere if they can't square it away right now. If not just for your frustration, but for the principle. I don't know how it is around where you live but Ford dealerships are pretty common. Many others are glad to see the business.
Just think, you'll be blowing Slomaro's off the road in no time. The 5.0 is a beast.
Posted By: Wingnut53 Re: Stinking ford dealer - 01/24/13
Not doubting your story. A trip to see the dealership owner is in order for an explanation as he is probably not aware of that crap happening. He will appreciate you stopping buy. I sold Fords for a dealer in VA for three years. If we committed to a buyer for a particular vehicle that we did not physically have on the lot, we had a signed purchase order with an agreed upon price and a deposit in the house for that vehicle. We made damn sure that was what they wanted. Sales Managers confirmed everything with the buyer before they departed so there was no misunderstanding. The customer always got the vehicle. Now, if for some reason a buyer decides to back out they have the option of something on the lot or loose a portion of their deposit based upon where we went for the vehicle. The customer knew that upfront. Go see the owner of the dealership. It will be worth your while and if he or she has any intergity, they will make it right.
Posted By: djs Re: Stinking ford dealer - 01/24/13
Originally Posted by WyColoCowboy

Or, the owner or GM sold yours to a buddy and decided to let you have the next one, rather than have his buddy wait for the one coming in 6-8 weeks.

If you had an original delivery date, you could drive the dealer's lot every day for a week before and after the due date and chances are you'll see that car getting dropped off. Of course, that won't help you get the car you want.

I'd look around and do business elsewhere. Plenty of Ford dealers in Colorado...

Probably the most accurate answer.
© 24hourcampfire