Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I concur that they're trying to string you along with the probability of making more money off someone else. I'd take my business elsewhere if they can't square it away right now. If not just for your frustration, but for the principle. I don't know how it is around where you live but Ford dealerships are pretty common. Many others are glad to see the business.
Just think, you'll be blowing Slomaro's off the road in no time. The 5.0 is a beast.

'Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.' -Carl Sagan

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Not doubting your story. A trip to see the dealership owner is in order for an explanation as he is probably not aware of that crap happening. He will appreciate you stopping buy. I sold Fords for a dealer in VA for three years. If we committed to a buyer for a particular vehicle that we did not physically have on the lot, we had a signed purchase order with an agreed upon price and a deposit in the house for that vehicle. We made damn sure that was what they wanted. Sales Managers confirmed everything with the buyer before they departed so there was no misunderstanding. The customer always got the vehicle. Now, if for some reason a buyer decides to back out they have the option of something on the lot or loose a portion of their deposit based upon where we went for the vehicle. The customer knew that upfront. Go see the owner of the dealership. It will be worth your while and if he or she has any intergity, they will make it right.

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by WyColoCowboy
They are lying to you. A car allocated to a dealer is allocated to a dealer, not sent to Rousch. My guess is they had an opportunity to lay somebody away and make a ton more money by selling your mustang to somebody else.

Or, the owner or GM sold yours to a buddy and decided to let you have the next one, rather than have his buddy wait for the one coming in 6-8 weeks.

If you had an original delivery date, you could drive the dealer's lot every day for a week before and after the due date and chances are you'll see that car getting dropped off. Of course, that won't help you get the car you want.

I'd look around and do business elsewhere. Plenty of Ford dealers in Colorado...

Probably the most accurate answer.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

594 members (12344mag, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 68 invisible), 2,012 guests, and 1,183 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,468
Posts18,508,428
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.