Home
Call out to the biggest Heating/Air/Plumbing place in the area...

Pilot light went out on my water heater and won't stay lit when trying to re light... how much will it cost to come out and check it out.

Sounds like it's the thermal couple he says, and ask me what type water heater and model I have...

Say's the part is manufacturer specific and I will have to call the manufacturer my self and order the part... say's it usually takes 7 to 10 business day's and he'll come out to put it in for $150.

Not even mentioning checking out the water heater and or what kind of condition it is in. Didn't even ask if I've ever had any problems with it before.

With my wife sick and all I can't leave to go running around, so call the boy who goes down to the appliance center near his home, cost $30 some odd bucks, and took me 10 minutes to put in.

[bleep] plumbers are worse than lawyers!

Phil
It's a shame when no one wants to work for free grin
No but if I'm going to have to order the part my self I might as well do the work my self...

Believe me I would much rather have paid the $150 bucks if they would have had it in stock and/or gotten it the next day... but to tell me that I would have to get it my self... and then call to have him come out and put it in.

No thanks.

Phil
well now,I hope you feel better!

maybe its time for a new plumber
Got hot water...

Phil
Originally Posted by Greyghost

Pilot light went out on my water heater and won't stay lit when trying to re light... how much will it cost to come out and check it out.

Sounds like it's the thermal couple he says, and ask me what type water heater and model I have...

Say's the part is manufacturer specific and I will have to call the manufacturer my self and order the part... say's it usually takes 7 to 10 business day's and he'll come out to put it in for $150.

Not even mentioning checking out the water heater and or what kind of condition it is in. Didn't even ask if I've ever had any problems with it before.

With my wife sick and all I can't leave to go running around, so call the boy who goes down to the appliance center near his home, cost $30 some odd bucks, and took me 10 minutes to put in.

Phil
It's a THERMOCOUPLE and if I had to make my living putting my hands where people do their "bidness," I'd be charging handsomely, too.

Congratulations, your bidet is now heated.
Remove the thermocouple and sand the sensing bulb. I very seldom have to replace them.

Jim
It's a White, isn't it...
50 Gal Bradford White, 11 years old... new what the problem was and how to fix it... but right now I can't chase parts, and to try and get a plumber to come out only to be told I'd have to order the part myself first and then give them a call when it comes in is ridiculous!

Phil

Phil

I know you have on ignore like the puzzy you are but sucks to be you. Plumber here installed a new water heater for me for $75 bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahaha! Keep voting for obummer types dumbass!
Originally Posted by Bricktop

Phil
It's a THERMOCOUPLE and if I had to make my living putting my hands where people do their "bidness," I'd be charging handsomely, too.

careful puzzyghost will put you on ignore laugh
Originally Posted by eh76

Phil

He isn't the first and he won't be the last. cool

Phil

here either pard....even though you are a punk laugh
here either pard....even though you are a punk laugh
I aim high.
I know!

grin
I'm in the service end of plumbing, I see/hear from your type every single day,

half the time I'm walking out of the house I'm shaking my head in disbelief, same story every time..."Could you just do this for free while your here?"

why are you so aghast about ordering your part? It's your Water heater right?

It's always someone else's fault, but never the homeowner.

My favorite is the Homeowner who can't understand that I actually need access to the water-heater, apparently basement stairs are storage racks.

you fit the pattern perfectly Ghost.

What the [bleep], do you all have a problem reading or what!

Phil
no you do..............
Plumbers are worth what they cost, because if I have to call one I have a big problem, cause if it wasn't I would do it myself.
Originally Posted by Kenneth
I'm in the service end of plumbing, I see/hear from your type every single day,

half the time I'm walking out of the house I'm shaking my head in disbelief, same story every time..."Could you just do this for free while your here?"

I hear the same thing when I go do electrical side jobs.
What the hell is so hard to understand?

I call for a plumber, perfectly willing to pay what ever it takes to get the damn water heater fixed!

Call the largest company in the area with locations in some dozen or more citys around the Inland Empire!

Owner tells me that he'll be glad to come out if I order the part first! Might take 7-10 day's!

And then and only then he's be more than happy to come out and charge me $150 to put it in!

If that's the way you all think, I'm surprised any of you get any work!

Used to be you call a plumber, they come out take a look see, and either fix the damn thing or order the proper part and make another trip... but they get the thing fixed! And didn't tell the customer to see if he could find the part and order it for them!

[bleep]
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa libtard obama lover
Calm down.

I do my own work. However I am old and it's not that easy these days.

The bag in the wells pressure tank broke. So the pump was cycling on and off all of the time.

Easy, just get a new tank and change it.

I put the new tank in. Kind of heavy for old me.

Can't believe it but it was leaking! blush

I must have left a fitting a little too loose?

I had to take the whole thing apart and do it over. And the fitting is just that new plastic stuff thats easy?

Then I put the old (heavy) tank in the car and the dump let me leave it there.

Wish my old dad was still alive. He could do anything.

have yet to over pay for a plumber...they are kinda like a lawyer, when i need one it usually means i REALLY need a good one cost be damned laugh
Plumbers gotta eat too :-)
My prices just went up...
smile
A group of scientists were having a problem with an equation and finally called in another expert. The man walked in, looked at the equation on the blackboard for a few minutes, then scribbled out the missing part. He then presented them a bill for $50 thousand dollars and 3 cents. He said the 3 cents was for the piece of chalk and the $50,000 was for what he knowledge.

Knowledge is king and hopefully that plumber will not be so forthright with it the next time.

Phil

Most all "home service" contractors are gonna hose ya...I'll be dropping the tranny out of my F350 today to replace the front seal...damn local shops want $700 labor... eek

At 61, I'm not near as limber as I once was & it'll probably take me twice as long as it would have 10 years ago, but for $700 I'll be in no hurry...
© 24hourcampfire