Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
G
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
G
Call out to the biggest Heating/Air/Plumbing place in the area...

Pilot light went out on my water heater and won't stay lit when trying to re light... how much will it cost to come out and check it out.

Sounds like it's the thermal couple he says, and ask me what type water heater and model I have...

Say's the part is manufacturer specific and I will have to call the manufacturer my self and order the part... say's it usually takes 7 to 10 business day's and he'll come out to put it in for $150.

Not even mentioning checking out the water heater and or what kind of condition it is in. Didn't even ask if I've ever had any problems with it before.

With my wife sick and all I can't leave to go running around, so call the boy who goes down to the appliance center near his home, cost $30 some odd bucks, and took me 10 minutes to put in.

[bleep] plumbers are worse than lawyers!

Phil

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
It's a shame when no one wants to work for free grin

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

G
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
G
No but if I'm going to have to order the part my self I might as well do the work my self...

Believe me I would much rather have paid the $150 bucks if they would have had it in stock and/or gotten it the next day... but to tell me that I would have to get it my self... and then call to have him come out and put it in.

No thanks.

Phil

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
well now,I hope you feel better!

maybe its time for a new plumber

Last edited by rong; 01/26/13.
G
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
G
Got hot water...

Phil

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Greyghost

Pilot light went out on my water heater and won't stay lit when trying to re light... how much will it cost to come out and check it out.

Sounds like it's the thermal couple he says, and ask me what type water heater and model I have...

Say's the part is manufacturer specific and I will have to call the manufacturer my self and order the part... say's it usually takes 7 to 10 business day's and he'll come out to put it in for $150.

Not even mentioning checking out the water heater and or what kind of condition it is in. Didn't even ask if I've ever had any problems with it before.

With my wife sick and all I can't leave to go running around, so call the boy who goes down to the appliance center near his home, cost $30 some odd bucks, and took me 10 minutes to put in.

Phil
It's a THERMOCOUPLE and if I had to make my living putting my hands where people do their "bidness," I'd be charging handsomely, too.

Congratulations, your bidet is now heated.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.
JAP Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Remove the thermocouple and sand the sensing bulb. I very seldom have to replace them.

Jim

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
It's a White, isn't it...

"The catfish is a plenty good enough fish for anyone"
-Mark Twain
"Democracy is the worst form of government except for all those others that have been tried."
~ Winston Churchill

G
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
G
50 Gal Bradford White, 11 years old... new what the problem was and how to fix it... but right now I can't chase parts, and to try and get a plumber to come out only to be told I'd have to order the part myself first and then give them a call when it comes in is ridiculous!

Phil

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Phil

I know you have on ignore like the puzzy you are but sucks to be you. Plumber here installed a new water heater for me for $75 bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahaha! Keep voting for obummer types dumbass!

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Bricktop

Phil
It's a THERMOCOUPLE and if I had to make my living putting my hands where people do their "bidness," I'd be charging handsomely, too.

careful puzzyghost will put you on ignore laugh

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by eh76

Phil

He isn't the first and he won't be the last. cool

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Phil

here either pard....even though you are a punk laugh

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
here either pard....even though you are a punk laugh
I aim high.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I know!

grin

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm in the service end of plumbing, I see/hear from your type every single day,

half the time I'm walking out of the house I'm shaking my head in disbelief, same story every time..."Could you just do this for free while your here?"

why are you so aghast about ordering your part? It's your Water heater right?

It's always someone else's fault, but never the homeowner.

My favorite is the Homeowner who can't understand that I actually need access to the water-heater, apparently basement stairs are storage racks.

you fit the pattern perfectly Ghost.

G
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
G
What the [bleep], do you all have a problem reading or what!

Phil

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
no you do..............

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Plumbers are worth what they cost, because if I have to call one I have a big problem, cause if it wasn't I would do it myself.

Ignorance is not confined to uneducated people.

WHO IS
JOHN GALT?

LIBERTY!

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Kenneth
I'm in the service end of plumbing, I see/hear from your type every single day,

half the time I'm walking out of the house I'm shaking my head in disbelief, same story every time..."Could you just do this for free while your here?"

I hear the same thing when I go do electrical side jobs.

Clos

NRA Life Member

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

84 members (6MMWASP, 260Remguy, 257_X_50, 450yukon, 79S, 300_savage, 12 invisible), 1,628 guests, and 924 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,757
Posts18,476,385
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.