Home
For twelve years here, after several years of the same on other such forums, I've taken a lot of pretty nasty flak from guys who've never laid eyes on me.

Let's remedy that.

Come sit down with me for several minutes, in my home or at one of our gatherings, any time you like, 24-7-365. Don't tell me who you are or what you're here for � let's just chat a bit, about anything that you choose to talk about � guns, hunting, politics, Christianity, writing, English, or all of these.

Then if you still want to tell the world that I'm � however you want to put it � a son of a bitch, scum, whatever � go right at it. Presumably, you'll have a bit more to go on.

Door's open. So'm I.
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
Come sit down with me for several minutes, in my home ...

Door's open. So'm I.

I'd LOVE to, but not for the reasons listed.

Quite the opposite actually. smile
Ken I can't imagine why anyone would give you any flak...really. Heck priority of my bucket list is to meet you and all good members here. There are some that don't make the grade but you certainly do. Will do my best to be at Qeumado this summer!
Originally Posted by ColdBore
Come sit down with me for several minutes, in my home ...

Door's open. So'm I.

I'd LOVE to, but not for the reasons listed.

Quite the opposite actually. smile

Me too, I'd put a couple funnels in my ears and tape a damn big sponge to the top of my head and try to learn something. smile

Gunner
If it wasn't so far, I'd enjoy dropping in on ya,...make some coffee,..sit a spell.

But if you started hitting me with them big words, I'd just have to stare until you quit.
laugh
If that is their purpose, tell them to pound sand, or feel free to use Deflaves catch phrase on them. I for one would like to sit down with you and discuss all them topics, cept the bible part.

Have a great evening, Ken.
Posted By: Gus Re: Open invitation to nemeses � - 02/03/13
i dunno.

anytime i see the Bristoe and the Howl man on the same thread, i become instantly suspicious. sorry.

paranoia abounds. it can be mild, medium, or hot, kinda like salsa, ya know?
I take it, then, that you'd prefer to judge from afar.
i live in the hot, humid South.

i have no clue about the low-humidity in the southwest.

from afar, is that like the woods are afar, and we'd better get out as soon as possible??

i know that no one wants to get burnt alive, but when the woods are afar, well then, protecting ourselves becomes job one.
Originally Posted by Gus
i dunno.

anytime i see the Bristoe and the Howl man on the same thread, i become instantly suspicious. sorry.

Just swaller a couple more mushrooms and you won't give a schit.
Hell if ya wern't so far away I'd be over there so often asking a ton of stupid questions you'd sell yer house just to get away from me. crazy
Originally Posted by Gus

paranoia abounds

Thank the Good Lord I don't have enough time in my life to be paranoid, too busy trying to live life, not get bent out of shape over it.
Ken, in my time on these fora I have come across a mere half dozen that I would enjoy meeting...I believe you are one of those.

Regards.
I take it, then, that you'd prefer to judge from afar.

I have judged from up close and found Ken to 100% a keeper. It is an honor to know him. Those who wish to judge from afar seem to me to be the king to make up their minds without any facts and then are afraid to find out the truth.

If any are afraid to show up at a get together then those who do show up are better off by far.

So, man up or shut up.
Originally Posted by Miss Lynn
Originally Posted by Gus

paranoia abounds

Thank the Good Lord I don't have enough time in my life to be paranoid, too busy trying to live life, not get bent out of shape over it.

Yep!
Mate, you'd be most pleasantly surprised to find how many absolutely wonderful fellows there are here. We'll hafta wade down there and drag you up here one of these days!

One in every three people suffer from paranoia.

The other two are watching him ...
Originally Posted by Gus
i dunno.

Gus,.....

FOAD

Thanks,

GTC
what might a picture of a composite group of Bible Thumping, Gun Holders look like? wanna post a pic?

when i say afar, it's my region's vernacular language related to what's happening outside the cabin, down in the woods. grin
Wish I could come see you again, Ken, but it will be a few more months.
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
Originally Posted by Gus
i dunno.

Gus,.....

FOAD

Thanks,

GTC

you need to deal with the illegal aliens that cross the private lands in arizona before migrating to Alabama, Georgia and the Carolinas. you people in the SW are pretty limp, ya know?
Originally Posted by Gus
what might a picture of a composite group of Bible Thumping, Gun Holders look like? wanna post a pic?

when i say afar, it's my region's vernacular language related to what's happening outside the cabin, down in the woods. grin

So far , the "composite group" remains in the dark as to what you look like,.....

You Silly Sonofabitch, we've posted HUNDREDS of pics.

Who we are , and what we look like is no dark secret.

You are one [bleep] up, deluded, and mouthily offensive piece of work,..."Gus".

GTC

Paranoia � one o' those big words that many use but few understand.

El perico dice lo que sabe, pero no sabe lo que dice.

GTC

Don't hold back, tell him what you really think. grin
Posted By: add Re: Open invitation to nemeses � - 02/03/13
This forum would be FAR less the rich without the likes of a Gus.
Originally Posted by Gus
Originally Posted by Gus
i dunno.

Gus,.....

FOAD

Thanks,

GTC

you need to deal with the illegal aliens that cross the private lands in arizona before migrating to Alabama, Georgia and the Carolinas. you people in the SW are pretty limp, ya know?

No,...actually, I don't.

I know you're a cowardly, invisible puzzy, sure certain.

I know that folks that you denigrate have more character in the stool they drop than you've EVER had in your life, "Gus".

You're a construct,.....that thinks it's cute.

GTC

Paranoia � one o' those big words that many use but few understand.

El perico dice lo que sabe, pero no sabe lo que dice.

El Don "Gus" es parecido /igualito de los Camarones,....

tiene' mierda en cabeza.

GTC
Originally Posted by Scott F

GTC

Don't hold back, tell him what you really think. grin

ol crossfire, as well intentioned as he is, has no excuse for the Arizonians allowing the illegal aliens to flow through their Empire, and migrate further east to the states east of the Mississippi.

the Original Thirteen owns and controls this country. ol crossfire is in denial, and his actions support that belief.
I wish Ken and some of you other fellas were closer by. I'd love to sit around and just listen. Wouldn't have to say a word nor do I think I'd want to.
nope richer........
Originally Posted by add

Well said and +1! We have plenty of room for Gus at the fire.
Posted By: krp Re: Open invitation to nemeses � - 02/03/13
Originally Posted by add

You can thank Johnson and McNamara...

Kent
I also think we can show en our respect by not making this thread a pissing match.

Hell, we already do that in every other thread(of which I'm more than guilty).

I would like to make a pilgrimage afar, deep into the woods, discover Gus's cabin, sit at his feet, and learn everything there is in this universe to be learned.
I also think we can show Ken our respect by not making this thread a pissing match.

Hell, we already do that in every other thread(of which I'm more than guilty).

No,...actually, I don't.

I know you're a cowardly, invisible puzzy, sure certain.

I know that folks that you denigrate have more character in the stool they drop than you've EVER had in your life, "Gus".

You're a construct,.....that thinks it's cute.

GTC

Now you are getting there. Don't stop now.

And Gus, I have lived in the real South. I can read and I know what afar means.

I posted a picture of Ken Cross and myself. It is one I will treasure for as long as I live. It might do you some good to spend a little time with real men as long as you could keep your mouth shut and stay away from the drugs.
Or IN the fire, but what he's made of probably wont burn.

I had the pleasure of getting to visit a while with Ken at a mutual friend's home in Wyoming and really enjoyed the time. Really, I don't see how anybody could NOT enjoy spending some time with him.
Originally Posted by krp
Originally Posted by add

Kent

why yes. no pissing matches allowed. Gen'l Westmoreland made that rule.

i'm willing to concede that i might be wrong.
I can't keep up with who hates who and for what reasons? I'm going to have to "up" my internet time..
Originally Posted by krp
Originally Posted by add

Kent

laugh laugh laugh

That one caused beer to go down the wrong pipe and I am still choking!
Posted By: add Re: Open invitation to nemeses � - 02/03/13
Originally Posted by achadwick
Originally Posted by add

Well said and +1! We have plenty of room for Gus at the fire.

Originally Posted by eh76
nope richer........

Fetch some more burning log... stat !
Originally Posted by Gus
Originally Posted by krp
Originally Posted by add

Kent

Good, since that is settled... there's a tread about a dead seal you will want to piss on.

Kent
Originally Posted by Tombo
I can't keep up with who hates who and for what reasons? I'm going to have to "up" my internet time..

Who cares who hates whom?

Watch about a week of Days of Our Lives. Substitute some names from here(won't really matter who) and you'll get the general drift.

I don't hate anybody. I don't put up much with stupid or self medicated druggies but I don't hate them. I wish both and Nemeses would show up at one of our gatherings. It would be fun and who knows, we all might like each other... well, it could happen... maybe.
that was an insensitive comment on your part. and no apologies necessary. in fact, i think you are incapable, but i might be wrong.
Seems obvious that some forms of sumbitchery are ingrained too deep to be cured or even moderated.
That is what you get for not really knowing people. I have spent time in Kent's home. He is a friend and someone you can trust and count on.

See what you could learn if you left the cabin and ventured out into the real world.
Originally Posted by Gus
that was an insensitive comment on your part. and no apologies necessary. in fact, i think you are incapable, but i might be wrong.

Your MO is of your own making...

Kent

It might do you some good to spend a little time with real men as long as you could keep your mouth shut and stay away from the drugs.

Dream on,.....

I'd bet a good sound '03 that nobody here will EVER actually meet this azzwhole.

"Suburbs of Atlanta",......?

"3 Acres,....looking to subdivide" ?

.........balls and sheer GALL enough to ask how to "improve" his home place,.....apparently HIRING that done ?

I don't think this poor wretch has ever pioneered anything but the latest bag of weed on his local street corner.

GTC
how about keeping your opinons about me to yourself, until you can know better.
Originally Posted by Gus

Nicely put.

That's the whole idea behind my opening post.

It might do you some good to spend a little time with real men as long as you could keep your mouth shut and stay away from the drugs.

Dream on,.....

I'd bet a good sound '03 that nobody here will EVER actually meet this azzwhole.

"Suburbs of Atlanta",......?

"3 Acres,....looking to subdivide" ?

.........balls and sheer GALL enough to ask how to "improve" his home place,.....apparently HIRING that done ?

I don't think this poor wretch has ever pioneered anything but the latest bag of weed on his local street corner.

GTC

i actively lobby for the legalization of mariquana, as a product to encourage a niche market for the rural farmers, and to encourage rural economic development. is that ok with you?
Then show up at the next gathering and then we can know better.
How 'bout you go eat chit and howl at the Moon, "Gus" ?

"Know Better"....?

Hey, post some pics, you loosed mouthed , doped up, one Worlding, drizzling azzwhole.

GTC
Originally Posted by Gus

Sort of what Dr Howell was asking in his first post in this thread, though in a much more eloquent manner....
He is way to afraid to show up, something about no spine.
Originally Posted by Gus

Nicely put.

That's the whole idea behind my opening post.

You don't understand, Se�or,...

This thread is now all about GUS.

eek sick wink

Sarcasm off.

GTCX

Originally Posted by Gus

Proof that truth hurts... you can play your games till someone puts the peg on you... then you get serious huh?

Kent
Ken, you're a good man and I'm sure you see most of us feel that way. So why let it bother you what a miniscule few think? Especially when those few run their mouths about everyone and everything any chance they get?
Ken,

I too, wish I was a little closer to you geographically. I've enjoyed your contributions here, and can't imagine how even some of our most cantankerous souls around here could take exception with you. Just as you've welcomed everyone here, you're welcome at my campfire anytime.
snakes have spines too. we see it exhibited on this site all the time. grin
He is way to afraid to show up, something about no spine.

Those creepy "slugs" that leave slime trails in the gardens and forests up your way have more "spine" than the mouthy, and offensively AGGRESSIVE coward discussed.

GTC
That may be it! My ducks gobble down slugs like candy. Maybe Gus is afraid of ducks.
Originally Posted by rrroae
Ken, you're a good man and I'm sure you see most of us feel that way. So why let it bother you what a miniscule few think? Especially when those few run their mouths about everyone and everything any chance they get?

As I just told a Campfire pal who PMed me with more or less the same sentiment, I'm not worried about me. I just hate to be the focus of bitterness and vitriol in anybody else's mind � for any reason or none.
a good snaks killin', a catharsis, could that happen in our time?

would the illegal aliens still be moving through Arizona to infest the rest of the country after it was all over?? you people out there talk a good story, but i don't see much action. ya know?
.....I just hate to be the focus of bitterness and vitriol in anybody else's mind � for any reason or none.

It really bothers me quite a bit that you would think that.

If anyone gives you grief, it's a problem they have with themselves, not you. Some people just express themselves poorly.
Originally Posted by Gus
a good snaks killin', a catharsis, could that happen in our time?

would the illegal aliens still be moving through Arizona to infest the rest of the country after it was all over?? you people out there talk a good story, but i don't see much action. ya know?

You DON'T know, ......

.....and you're pathetic , drug induced RANTING has little, if anything to do with what's actually happening.

....as noted, you are some sorta' CONSTRUCT, that thinks it's cute.

The "Invisibility" thing makes you creepier than you'd be, otherwise.

At this point, I'd give you a VERY solid 10, on the "Creepy Factor",....."Gus".

ADD and Chadwick and you can get a room,....I think you're a bad, sick, disgusting event,....lookin' for a place to happen.
i just got edited by the machine.

y'all carry-on and good night.

tommorrow is a new day. grin
Invitation's still open.

And the door as wide-open as ever.

Y'all come, y'heah?
I got under your skin easy... you won't sleep for chit tonight.

Kent
Well, now!

Over 500 of our compadres have viewed this thread!

Heck of a way to advertise one's mental and emotional quirks, I must say!
Originally Posted by krp
I got under your skin easy... you won't sleep for chit tonight.

Kent

according to a sub-set, you folks think i don't have skin. i have scales. wink

i'll sleep well tonight, please trust me on that one.

see ya next week.
Evaluation

Support lib-Soc, "One World" mental health , or I'll kill you.

I was DRAFTED (the only one here), so YOU owe me eternal apology.

I smoke more left handed chit than my shrunken diseased brain can handle,......please support my endless dithering.

As well, I need home improvement advice,......

Eval. short draft, completed.

GTC

Dr. Howell, Methinks perhaps the true meaning of your post, is like pearls before swine.
Originally Posted by TERRY8mm
Dr. Howell, Methinks perhaps the true meaning of your post, is like pearls before swine.

oink
Very generous offer.

You're a stand up guy. No BS and I admire that.

You have any javalina, coues or quail hunts near you?
Not you, pinche marrono!
yep marrono

not maron
I knew that, got distracted whilst typing, duh!

My Spanish grammar really sucks, I know most of the nouns. English conjugation is rough enough on an old hillbilly.
Originally Posted by TERRY8mm
I knew that, got distracted whilst typing, duh!

My Spanish grammar really sucks, I know most of the nouns. English conjugation is rough enough on an old hillbilly.

The deep and underlying hatred between Howell and I probably de-railed this thread.

Sorry about dat.

GTC
Not to mention derailing me, Amigo! laugh
You're one remaining headlight has more candlepower than the combined aggregate of alla' the cities your nemeses were BORN in have, to this day.

Very dashing eye patch, there, lucid one.

Damned fine, and funny thread, this.

GTC
� Damned fine, and funny thread, this.

I'm still holding my breath, waiting to hear from the "Oh no! Another drama queen!" bunch up there in the peanut gallery. laugh
If there is anyone on the fire I'd like to sit down and talk about hunting with... It's you sir. smile
Originally Posted by add

Dense as granite here!

I flat don't understand that notion at all!

(Which is to say that I can neither agree nor disagree until I understand. I haven't the leeway that so many others here are blest with.)
Invitation's still open.

And the door as wide-open as ever.

Y'all come, y'heah?

Great men talk about ideas; Mediocre men talk about things; Small men talk about people. --- Admiral Hyman Rickover

Don't let the small people bother you Dr. Howell.

Carry on.

Thanks, Amigo!

Rickover was one of my heroes.
And Ken has passive-aggressive down to a fine art. That many miss it is funny.
Guys, if you've been wondering just whom I've addressed this invitation to, right there's one of the most safely-from-a-distance vitriolic examples. Interesting, isn't it, how distance lends omniscience?
Originally Posted by Steelhead

I have long wondered the definition....

What do you care?

And even if you were right, what pleasure do you get out of pointing out the flaws of others who haven't gone out of their way to cross you?

I don't care who you are, I can pick apart any person I choose if the mood strikes me. I'm not without flaws myself though so I try to keep my [bleep]' mouth shut unless someone wants to tangle.

The phrase passive-aggressive is used to describe behavior or a personality trait that involves acting indirectly aggressive rather than directly aggressive. Passive-aggressive people regularly exhibit resistance to requests or demands from family and other individuals often by procrastinating, expressing sullenness, or acting stubborn.

Passive-aggressive behavior may manifest itself in a number of different ways. For example, a person might repeatedly make excuses to avoid certain people as a way of expressing their dislike or anger towards those individuals.

Some suggest that passive-aggressive behavior may stem from being raised in an environment where the direct expression of emotions was discouraged or not allowed. People may feel that they cannot express their true emotions more openly, so they may instead find ways to passively channel their anger or frustration.

Does my invitation to unmet distant critics strike you as "passive" or avoidance?

Not directing anything at Ken,...but passive aggressive is when somebody shows hostility to someone else in a manner which allows for plausible deniability.

Very sneaky, hidden, creative people are masters at passive aggressive behavior.

Being married to one will make you get kinda crazy after a while.

You learn not to place yourself in a situation that they can take advantage of.

For instance,....don't park your motorcycle behind their car in the driveway.

They'll come up with a reason to go somewhere and run over it.

Then claim that they didn't see it back there.

It's an ongoing thing that one has to guard against.
Guys, if you've been wondering just whom I've addressed this invitation to, right there's one of the most safely-from-a-distance vitriolic examples. Interesting, isn't it, how distance lends omniscience?

This thread was started to bring attention to, and hopefully crucify those who have no use for you, or your ways of dealing with others in life that you decree to be of lesser value than you. If you don't like them, then nobody else should.

You have no use for me, and you have demonstrated that, very clearly, but your approval does not keep me living or alive.

You have no use for Steelhead, but your approval does not keep him living or alive.

If this post puts me in the [bleep] hole with other members on here, fine, and if it loses me friends on here, fine, and if it makes me lesser then Dr Howell in others' eyes, then fine by me, but damn are you not tired of the woe is me, and the condemn him till he/she dies because he does not like me threads ?

As for condemnation of anyone here in connection with the original subject of this thread, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

Now, let's see who is without sin....
Does my invitation to unmet distant critics strike you as "passive" or avoidance?

It doesn't to me.

I just think you've got the winter blues,..like I do.

In your case, having some company helps alleviate it.

I'm different from you in that regard. I don't much like company.

I'm a fairly solitary kinda guy, actually,.....didn't used to be,...but older age has made me that way.

What do you care?

And even if you were right, what pleasure do you get out of pointing out the flaws of others who haven't gone out of their way to cross you?

I don't care who you are, I can pick apart any person I choose if the mood strikes me. I'm not without flaws myself though so I try to keep my [bleep]' mouth shut unless someone wants to tangle.

I'm not one to start the backhanded [bleep]-stirring threads. I'm sure it appeals to your nature sparky.

This thread was started to bring attention to, and hopefully crucify those who have no use for you, or your ways in dealing with others in life that you decree to be of lesser value than you. If you don't like them, then nobody else should.

Maybe I need to do one o'them.

Start a topic,..

"Ennybuddy who don't like me is a dickhead,...discuss"

Nah,...maybe not.
I'm pretty sure when I'm looking to cause trouble, there's no second guessing my intention.
But Ken's wasn't really like that.

His was more, "Ennybuddy who thinks they don't like me needs to get to know me in person".

I can relate to that.
That's the way I took it.
Dang, Sis, I don't know where you get the idea that I have no use for you (or anybody else)! Nothing could be further from the truth! (If you showed-up for a hug, you'd know!) laugh

Nor am I by any means out to discredit or "crucify" anybody.

I started this thread precisely and honestly for the reason that I enunciated in my opening past � no ulterior motive whatever.
The difference between me and Ken is (among other things),..he thinks the people who don't like him are reasonable people who can be dealt with on a one to one basis if they just dropped by and got to know him better.

I realize that the people who don't like *me* are dickheads,...and I ain't gonna invite 'em over 'cause I don't want dickheads knockin' all over my door all hours of the day and night.
Originally Posted by Bristoe
But Ken's wasn't really like that.

Yes, it was, and many are, and that in itself is a shame....

I realize that the people who don't like *me* are dickheads,...and I ain't gonna invite 'em over 'cause I don't want dickheads knockin' all over my door all hours of the day and night.

I like you. So what time would you like me to be there ? I got biscuits grin
The difference between me and Ken is (among other things),..he thinks the people who don't like him are reasonable people who can be dealt with on a one to one basis if they just dropped by and got to know him better.

lolol
lol,..

I ain't difficult to get along with.

In the first place, I ain't got the energy to be a pain in the butt these days.

Most of my time is spent in silence in front of a milling machine,...and that's the way I like it.
making chips.................

when I can I do.........
So I'll say it again, word for word �

For twelve years here, after several years of the same on other such forums, I've taken a lot of pretty nasty flak from guys who've never laid eyes on me.

Let's remedy that.

Come sit down with me for several minutes, in my home or at one of our gatherings, any time you like, 24-7-365. Don't tell me who you are or what you're here for � let's just chat a bit, about anything that you choose to talk about � guns, hunting, politics, Christianity, writing, English, or all of these.

Then if you still want to tell the world that I'm � however you want to put it � a son of a bitch, scum, whatever � go right at it. Presumably, you'll have a bit more to go on.

Door's open. So'm I.
.I've taken a lot of pretty nasty flak from guys who've never laid eyes on me.

One of my very early posts on here (3rd?) stated my disagreement with Bush's handling of the Iraq war.

It resulted in (as I recall) a 16 page thread which involved multiple members calling me everything except a caucasian human being,...and a private message from the principal of this place asking me if I was here to destroy his forum.

It's the nature of the internet.

I've been a practicing member of the interactive internet stuff since the days of the very primitive bulletin boards back in '94, or so,...chat rooms,...mIRC,..forums

It's always been like this.

It don't mean nuthin'.

In one form or another,...this stuff is just a frustration vent for contemporary society.

,...it's just da innanet.

I say what feels right at the time.

If I get banned,...there's another day and another venue.

One of my very early posts on here (3rd?) stated my disagreement with Bush's handling of the Iraq war.

It resulted in (as I recall) a 16 page thread which involved multiple members calling me everything except a caucasian human being,...and a private message from the principal of this place asking me if I was here to destroy his forum.

It's the nature of the internet.

I've been a practicing member of the interactive internet stuff since the days of the very primitive bulletin boards back in '94, or so,...chat rooms,...mIRC,..forums

It's always been like this.

It don't mean nuthin'.

In one form or another,...this stuff is just a frustration vent for contemporary society.

,...it's just da innanet.

I say what feels right at the time.

If I get banned,...there's another day and another venue.

No doubt about it, you are a master of your own domain. All I see is that Ken is trying to do likewise, albeit more aggressive than passive.

"you need to deal with the illegal aliens that cross the private lands in arizona before migrating to Alabama, Georgia and the Carolinas. you people in the SW are pretty limp, ya know?"

Note to Gus:

We on the border know damn well what needs to be done. problem is Obama and the rest of the communist, errrr Democrats don't want us shooting all those future Democrats, errr communists.

On a more pleasant note, I would be honored to vsit you Ken. Dunno if that will ever come about but the Good Lord a willin'.
Paul B.
Originally Posted by carbon12
No doubt about it, you are a master of your own domain.

Could be,...never really thought about it.

But if so, it's a fairly small domain,...nuthin' ta brag about.

So what's your point?
Originally Posted by Gus
Originally Posted by krp
Originally Posted by add

Kent

Reminds me of George C. Scott, shouting, "Gentlemen! NO Fighting in the War Room!" grin

Sycamore

So what's your point?

You got it.
I don't see the problem with having some people not like me. I'm OK enough with myself to know and accept that some people are [bleep] up. smile

You can look at about anything with humor, and it makes life better; but some people just haven't accepted that you can live a good life without having had a good childhood.

So what's your point?

You got it.

Not really.

You seem confused.
AMEN!
I'm pretty sure when I'm looking to cause trouble, there's no second guessing my intention.

No harm, no foul. If I was you, I'd be pissy too.
It's funny the whole 'judge from afar' thing.

Does a [bleep] sandwich taste like [bleep]? I'm willing to take a leap of faith and say that it do. Apparently Ken ain't, so put the bib on old man.

So what's your point?

You got it.

Not really.

You seem confused.

Sometime I am. Not this time though.

No harm, no foul. If I was you, I'd be pissy too.

You'd be pissy any damn way.

Matta fack,...you're as pissy as it gets.

Yeah,...if I hear the word pissy,..you come to mind.

"Pissy" has a pic of you beside it in Webster's fuggin' dictionary.

Steelhead,..they name is Pissy!

I recommend ativan.

It's *the* pill fer pissy.

Let's remedy that.

Come sit down with me for several minutes, in my home or at one of our gatherings, any time you like, 24-7-365. Don't tell me who you are or what you're here for — let's just chat a bit, about anything that you choose to talk about — guns, hunting, politics, Christianity, writing, English, or all of these.

Then if you still want to tell the world that I'm — however you want to put it — a son of a bitch, scum, whatever — go right at it. Presumably, you'll have a bit more to go on.

Door's open. So'm I.

Well, I would be more than happy to talk guns, hamdloading, or the like. I am not much for internet hate though so I guess I am excluded.
As far as I'm concerned, nobody's "excluded" except those who exclude themselves. And I'm sure that our one-on-one chats won't be about any aspect of internet hate.

Guns, shooting, hunting, handloading, ballistics, books, whatever � bring 'em on!
Thanks, Amigo!

Rickover was one of my heroes.
That reminds me.. Ken, you ever meet Adm. "Bull" Halsey? My father served under him in WWII and said he was one tough SOB.. I never doubted it.. And I sure wish I could have met the man when I was in.. But I sure appreciated the (rather) brief time or two spent with you, Ken.. Your mind is as sharp as a new Xacto blade..with stories to match.

smile
No, never met "the Bull."

I met USMC General George VanOrden � bought my first handloading outfit from him (1952) � and hunted with USAF General Curtis LeMay a couple of times. Never got to know VanOrden well, but Curt and I were buddies. Just missed hunting with Jimmy Doolittle by a smidge and a snort. Always regretted that. Mutual friends said that he was an all-right guy.

Shot on the old BuOrd pistol team with then-Captain, later Vice Admiral Lloyd Mustin, who became president of the NRA after he retired from the Navy. Exemplary good guy! (So also, I hear, was his son, who also made some flavor of admiral. The Mustins were a dynasty of distinguished admirals from 'way back.)

Let's remedy that.

Door's open. So'm I.
Ken you're a good man through and through. If I even lived in the same time zone as you, I'd pay you a visit. I know I may never get there, and I'm the big loser in that one. Just from what I know of you, I'm sure a visit with you would be a great experience, but the best part would be the blessings I would get that I never saw coming. God Bless you sir.
One of this morning's visitors warns me that I'm laying myself open to a depth of chicanery that I'm sure nobody here is capable of.

"There's nothing to keep anyone," he says, "from saying that he's spent some time with you and has found you to be as rotten as he's been saying all along."

The invitation is still open. Nobody here is that rotten!
Posted By: add Re: Open invitation to nemeses � - 02/05/13

lol

Archived ?
� This thread was started to bring attention to, and hopefully crucify those who have no use for you, or your ways of dealing with others in life that you decree to be of lesser value than you. If you don't like them, then nobody else should.

You have no use for me, and you have demonstrated that, very clearly, but your approval does not keep me living or alive.

You have no use for Steelhead, but your approval does not keep him living or alive. �

Still mighty curious to know where in the world those pitiful notions � 180� from the truth � came from.
Ken, I'm not going to read all of the replies, just your original.

We live in such a wonderful time to be alive and I'll pass through with very few regrets. One of the few is that I am so busy living this life that I would not have time to accept the invitation you extended above. That is my loss.

I sincerely hope that the intended audience can say the same.
Thanks, Joe!

Is there any chance that you'll be able to join us at one of our Campfire gatherings � here (Quemado, NM) in August or in January in Sierra Vista, AZ?
Jesus was crucified, Ken.
Ken, in all honesty, probably not.

I'd love to be there but I have a very limited amount of time off and a large family and children that I live to hunt with.

As I stated earlier, my loss.

That pains me, but I could not give up the family time.

I'll thank the "internet" for having had a chance to meet you.

Originally Posted by eyeball
Jesus was crucified, Ken.

Not over a period of twelve years! laugh

As for me, I haven't the mission, the grit, nor the yen for any such experience. I'm nowhere near the Man who He was, in any respect, anyhow.
Just thinking out loud but if I invited someone to come to my house and stay a while, I am talking a open, plain, and pointed invitation, and they did both have the common curtsy to reply, then I think I would just write that person off as not being worthwhile.
Have you noticed how many here have not only NOT replied courteously but HAVE ridiculed, misinterpreted, and rejected the invitation?

But I'm a stubborn ol' fart. I still cling to the notion that no matter how poorly they come-off on the 'fire, they're pretty good guys in-person. So that's how I'd like to know 'em. I'm sure that we'd get along just fine.
I have yet to come face to face with a Fire member and was sorry.
If you still lived in Versailles, I'd be over every other day,..but hell far,...you moved off down there 6 blocks north of that Mayan Pyramid.
I think that is the key to the issue here. Those who are willing to meet and get to know the rest of us are real human beings with real lives. The others, not so much...
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Hell if ya wern't so far away I'd be over there so often asking a ton of stupid questions you'd sell yer house just to get away from me. crazy

I feel the same way. Sometimes I may have to use the Dictionary to look up s meaning but so be it. All the best to you Dr. Howell. Cheers NC P.S. I would have you sign of on your Cartridge book.
Originally Posted by mudhen
I think that is the key to the issue here. Those who are willing to meet and get to know the rest of us are real human beings with real lives. The others, not so much...

pretty much, trying to figure out how to work in a trip to see Scott a second time even laugh the SOB was smart and didnt show off his place the first time, just took the wife and i on a tour of the country side and i just have to go check out his place.....
rattler
Let me know when you plan that trip, I would like meet and greet you as well, ifin you don't mind a tag along. Cheers NC
The gate is open and there is a fire in the stove. Come on back.
Originally Posted by northcountry
rattler
Let me know when you plan that trip, I would like meet and greet you as well, ifin you don't mind a tag along. Cheers NC

the last trip was done with literally 2 weeks notice.....when i get back out there again ill have more warning....the wife and friends of ours are talking bout wanting to go see a pro baseball game just cause none of us have been to one.....i reminded them that Seattle has a team grin
Yep, and they play within walking distance of both Filson and the ferry dock. We will get don up here and have a mini gathering.
Originally Posted by northcountry
� I would have you sign off on your Cartridge book.

Send it to me with five bucks for return postage (I think that'll cover it), and I'll scribble in it so that you can't return it to get your money back. laugh

Ken Howell
Box 28
Quemado, NM 87829
Seattle Manures. laugh

That's why it breaks my heart that A, B, and C tell me that they're gonna boycott our gatherings because X, Y, and Z will be there.

I know all six of 'em, and I know that in-person they'd get along well.

One reason that I'll be glad when the Father hauls me Home is that then nobody'll stay home to stay away from a gathering that includes Ol' Useless.
Originally Posted by okok
Seattle Manures. laugh

grin none of us are huge sports fans....point is to go check it out and see it for ourselves.....none of us will watch baseball on TV, but go to a game, yeah we will go do that....we all went to a college football game on the other side of the state this fall and had a blast though none of us pay much attention to college football....

So very true, apparently �

� and so very, very sad.

� for all of us.
What can you do when you ask a fellow � privately, candidly � where we got cross-threaded and get no response?
get over it
Originally Posted by 700LH
get over it

+1
get over it

Great tune! It ain't Friday yet, but what the heck!
Turn it up.

get over it

Exactly....

So very true, apparently �

� and so very, very sad.

� for all of us.
I like you Ken. Always have. I'd be honored to meet you. May never happen. Then again, who knows? It might.

No school like the old school.
get over it

I understand why you'd say that.
Thanks for your concern.
But this matter doesn't bother me in the way that you think that it does.

To a point, I have.

To a point, I can not.

I�m bound by a perpetual mandate � �If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.� (Romans 12:18)

� �If it be possible � � Unfortunately, it isn�t always possible. You can�t live peaceably with anyone who won�t let you live peaceably with him. I apologized to a fellow for having offended him, and he responded �Blow me.� So much for the possibility of living peaceably with that fellow as long as he has that attitude!

� � � as much as lieth in you� � like my apology, my posted invitation offers an opening for anyone with a grudge to give me a chance to live peaceably with him. I must go as far as I can toward that goal. Then I must embrace whatever he decides, and live with it.

� � � live peaceably with all men� � that�s what I�m eager to do, whenever it�s possible.

N B I � I�m not trying to talk anyone else into wearing this toga. I�m just pointing out that it�s what I have to wear.

N B II � It isn�t true because I say it � I say it because it�s true.

N B III � Your mileage may vary, depending on what�s in your tank and how you drive.

It is hard to believe that someone would send you any nasty flack.

I'm guessen that type of person you would not want in your home.

Snake
Originally Posted by temmi
� It is hard to believe that someone would send you any nasty flack.

"That type of person" isn't just and only that way. He has other characteristics as well, hopefully nicer.

As the late Reverend Edgar A Howell used to put it so well, "No single characteristic of a person is the totality of that person."
I wish I had the time/money to make the trip again.. That was a fun time - and I was privileged to meet a bunch o' nice members.. Just can't get there this year unfortunately.. And like another poster said, it's my loss.

frown

But I hope pics will appear afterward of the gathering... smile smile
Originally Posted by temmi
� It is hard to believe that someone would send you any nasty flack.

I predict that nobody who'll take me up on my invitation will act like that in person.
Ken,

What was your doctoral dissertation in Hermeneutics on?
What can you do when you ask a fellow � privately, candidly � where we got cross-threaded and get no response?

Some people find sport in shooting, some in golf, but others find sport in being contrary and objectionable. Hard to reason with such a mind, and hard to fathom a soul that is so distorted, but they are amongst us.
Ken,

Somehow, I don't think that that's appropriate grist for this here mill.

Drop by some time if you really want to discuss the matter.
I think that I have copies of all the writings that I did for for the ThD and the PhD. (The seminary went bankrupt before I finished the latter curriculum.)
17 Church Street isn't hard to find.
Heck, no address in Quemado is hard to find.
Nor is wee Quemado itself, for that matter.
Posted By: Gus Re: Open invitation to nemeses � - 02/07/13
if there were some federales amongst us, maybe they could offer some suggestions as to how to apply for a federal grant for travel expenses for an artistic gathering?

lot's of people, rainbow type in particular, enjoy federal lands on which to romp.

could federal funds be expended to encourage the "average" citizen to join others of the same type, in New Mexico??

we've got Ga. NG on the Borderlines in Texas. who's on the Borderlines in New Mexico? anyone know for sure??
Originally Posted by hatari

Some people find sport in shooting, some in golf, but others find sport in being contrary and objectionable. Hard to reason with such a mind, and hard to fathom a soul that is so distorted, but they are amongst us.

Boy ain't that the truth. I've found that most people like that, in person, aren't nearly as mad or objectionable as they thought they were,.

Let's remedy that.

Door's open. So'm I.

WTF???????What am I missing here???? shocked
Originally Posted by Huntz

Let's remedy that.

Door's open. So'm I.

WTF? What am I missing here? shocked

Just read the damn thing.
It says what it means and means just what it says.
No more, no less.

If it doesn't pertain to you, just ignore it and have a good day.

And all the best to you 'n' yourn, now 'n' ever! laugh
ken, i do hope to visit you before either one of us goes on.

as for gus, i'll quote john wooden: goodness gracious mercy sakes alive ...
Originally Posted by paulfish4570
ken, i do hope to visit you before either one of us goes on.

Better yet, come meet 'n' mix with all the great guys 'n' gals at our August (Quemado) hullabaloo. This thing just keeps gettin' better 'n' better.

Maybe you 'n' Mickey C can come out here togther. Or maybe some other Alabum, even if he's from an institution in Tuscaloosa or Atmore.
The only thing I garner from this thread is that Ken H misspelt the name of the fellow he was calling out.

grin
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
The only thing I garner from this thread is that Ken H misspelt the name of the fellow he was calling out.

Good lick! laugh

(But don't be surprised if you hafta explain it!)
Originally Posted by nemesis

Just having a little fun.

Is this the nemesis?
Didn't know or suspect that there'd be a guy with the screen name "nemesis," let alone that there might be more than one nemeses.

So whom should I have addressed my invitation to? Fleas? Gnats? Mosquitoes? Earwigs?

Now I'm really up a winter stump! frown

(With apologies to "nemesis," of course! 'Scuse me all over the place � to Hell, to Boston, to Baltimore, and back!)

Let's remedy that.

Door's open. So'm I.

WTF? What am I missing here? shocked

Just read the damn thing.
It says what it means and means just what it says.
No more, no less.

If it doesn't pertain to you, just ignore it and have a good day.

And all the best to you 'n' yourn, now 'n' ever! laugh

Sorry I asked.
Didn't know or suspect that there'd be a guy with the screen name "nemesis," let alone that there might be more than one nemeses.

So whom should I have addressed my invitation to? Fleas? Gnats? Mosquitoes? Earwigs?

Now I'm really up a winter stump! frown

(With apologies to "nemesis," of course! 'Scuse me all over the place � to Hell, to Boston, to Baltimore, and back!)

At least you're honest enough to admit you "didn't know or suspect". wink
� Sorry I asked.

Don't go 'way mad or with your feelings hurt.

Let's just both be happy that my invitation doesn't pertain to you.

You'll be happier NOT knowing the situation, I assure you.
� At least you're honest enough to admit you "didn't know or suspect". wink

Oh, I'm just SO GLAD to hear you say that! laugh

That encourages me to go after the Good Housekeeping seal.
Good Housekeeping, UL, USDA....just go for it. No one can have too many seals.

Like letters after a name to impress upon the masses ones achievements, seals are the food for the ego.

Seals are also an important part of the diet for some of our northern friends.

Ken,

If I came and met you, it would be out of respect and admiration!

You're quite a gentleman (in every sense of that lost title) and add a lot to 24HCF! wink
Sarcasm is lost online. I'd be more than pleased to meet Ken.

Like letters after a name to impress upon the masses ones achievements, seals are the food for the ego. �

When I met my friend John Amber twenty-few years ago, I asked what the "FSA" after his name on his card stood for. I knew what FACS, FPSA, and a few others stood for but had never run across FSA.

John laughed. Said that he'd had that on his card for twenty years, and nobody'd ever asked before.

"Freeloaders' Society of America"
LOL.

Have a good night Doc, and thanks for the friendly banter.
Any time, Amigo! laugh
Ken,

Somehow, I don't think that that's appropriate grist for this here mill.

Drop by some time if you really want to discuss the matter.
I think that I have copies of all the writings that I did for for the ThD and the PhD. (The seminary went bankrupt before I finished the latter curriculum.)
17 Church Street isn't hard to find.
Heck, no address in Quemado is hard to find.
Nor is wee Quemado itself, for that matter.

OK.

Was it filed at the Library of Congress? I can just look up the abstract there.

PM if you want to respond there.
Why do I seem to detect the odor of an ulterior motive here?

Because he stinks, everything about him stinks.

Try and be just a little bit smart. For once.

Let this thread continue to be about Ken. And not a [bleep] about you.

My last contribution to this thread.
ol crossfire, as well intentioned as he is, has no excuse for the Arizonians allowing the illegal aliens to flow through their Empire, and migrate further east to the states east of the Mississippi.

Says the man that Ft. Hood made go looney. blush miles

I know I've made an ass of myself here on the Campfire many times in the past but...
Never to the extent as this dude.
I'd be willing to bet that old carbon probably knocked over an old lady and took her Social Security check. Or at the least, he probably took a special ed students lunch money.
Whatta putz.
I can tell you one thing and that is-I showed up in Quemado a couple of days before the last gathering there, got a motel room and then rode around town. I looked for a church (he lives on Church Street), went down by it until I saw a house with an old bus and the name Howell, knocked on the door and heard somebody yell "come in". I entered and had a nice chat with Ken Howell. He did not know that I was coming to his house but it did not matter that I just dropped in. I talked to him some more at the gathering and hope to do so again this year. If you do not go meet him when you have a chance, you are the one missing out. miles
Originally Posted by milespatton
I can tell you one thing and that is-I showed up in Quemado a couple of days before the last gathering there, got a motel room and then rode around town. I looked for a church (he lives on Church Street), went down by it until I saw a house with an old bus and the name Howell, knocked on the door and heard somebody yell "come in". I entered and had a nice chat with Ken Howell. He did not know that I was coming to his house but it did not matter that I just dropped in. I talked to him some more at the gathering and hope to do so again this year. If you do not go meet him when you have a chance, you are the one missing out. miles

Accurate depiction of how it is (except the old school bus is gone). Good post, Miles.

None among us are flawless - some just have a much more realistic personal relationship with their flaws than do others - so they are better able better to deal with the related challenges. Phonies and cowards are envious of this difference, and their nature is revealed by their adverse reaction to courage and forthrightness in character.
"None among us are flawless"
Speak for yourself!! grin grin
Ken

Most of the time I think the whole frickin world is nuts except you and I....and I'm not so sure about you!!

grin crazy

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, STFU, you arrogant schmuck....
Originally Posted by Raeford
"None among us are flawless"
Speak for yourself!! grin grin
Well, Raeford, I was tryin' to do that but maybe missed a bit - let's just limit it to those who can read and comprehend. wink
I sure like Ken's posts. I've been to Quemado many times and it would please me greatly to find my way there again.

Up at my mom's over Christmas, looking through old photo albums, I found the pic of me and my brother at Quemado Lake- having just caught, within minutes of each other, a 19" (me) and 18" (him) rainbow. Those Quemado trout had pink flesh back then, like a salmon, and were delicious. That's still the biggest trout I've caught. I was an enterprising young fisherman and had rigged up with a BOBBER of all things in order to get out into some clear patches among the lilly pads in a shallow area. I was hollerin' to my dad to help me with this.... this.... BEAST <grin> but he never came around the bend, as he was helping my younger brother with HIS beast. Good times.
Posted By: Gus Re: Open invitation to nemeses � - 02/08/13

Says the man that Ft. Hood made go looney. blush miles

carry on troop. we've got miles and miles to go before we sleep. wink
Originally Posted by RMulhern
Ken

Most of the time I think the whole frickin world is nuts except you and I....and I'm not so sure about you!!

grin crazy

I readily admit bein' nuttier'n Manson. (But harmless.)

A visitor to a state loony bin noticed a stumpy little fellow with hair down over his forehead and one hand inside his shirt front.

"You look familiar somehow," the visitor said with a grin.

"I should," the little fellow said. "I'm Napoleon Bonaparte. God Himself ordained me to rule the world."

An indignant voice thundered from down the hall �

"I did not!"

There's always gotta be somebody who's nuttier.

The gentleman and I have been having sort of a dialogue by PM exchange, and I think that he's not interested in baiting � just curious.

I regret that I suspected his motive.

Like letters after a name to impress upon the masses ones achievements, seals are the food for the ego.

Letters after a name may well be food for the ego, but they are also more food for the table because those letters allow the holder to command a higher wage.
Never added one split cent to our grocery budget!
Originally Posted by Magnumdood

Letters after a name may well be food for the ego, but they are also more food for the table because those letters allow the holder to command a higher wage.

LOL....

Whatever you say PFC dood....
Originally Posted by Magnumdood
� Letters after a name may well be food for the ego, but they are also more food for the table because those letters allow the holder to command a higher wage.

Oh, would that it were ever so!

Some even seem to "hold the price down" as well as being nothing to brag about.
The gentleman and I have been having sort of a dialogue by PM exchange, and I think that he's not interested in baiting � just curious. I regret that I suspected his motive.
In view of what he has openly revealed here at the CF, you indeed are being a gracious and trusting person. GBY.
Originally Posted by CCCC
The gentleman and I have been having sort of a dialogue by PM exchange, and I think that he's not interested in baiting � just curious. I regret that I suspected his motive.
In view of what he has openly revealed here at the CF, you indeed are being a gracious and trusting person. GBY.

I'd still like it a whole lot better if we could sit and talk face-to-face, eye-to-eye, man-to-man � whatever his motive or position.

Same as with anybody else. Even industrial-strength ass holes aren't 100% ass hole. The better ones are mostly something else.
A substantial number of my friends through the years have been ass holes, but neither their ass holes not their ass-holery was ever their main attribute.
Originally Posted by CCCC

Accurate depiction of how it is �

� and how 'twill ever be, no matter who's there or when, for better or for worse. (So far, better's 'way, 'way, 'way ahead. Can't even remember a worse. But I'm ready for it, whenever, whomever.)
© 24hourcampfire