Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by rrroae
I'm pretty sure when I'm looking to cause trouble, there's no second guessing my intention.

No harm, no foul. If I was you, I'd be pissy too.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
GB1

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
It's funny the whole 'judge from afar' thing.

Does a [bleep] sandwich taste like [bleep]? I'm willing to take a leap of faith and say that it do. Apparently Ken ain't, so put the bib on old man.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Originally Posted by carbon12
Originally Posted by carbon12
No doubt about it, you are a master of your own domain.

Could be,...never really thought about it.

But if so, it's a fairly small domain,...nuthin' ta brag about.

So what's your point?

You got it.

Not really.

You seem confused.

Sometime I am. Not this time though.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Originally Posted by rrroae
I'm pretty sure when I'm looking to cause trouble, there's no second guessing my intention.

No harm, no foul. If I was you, I'd be pissy too.

You'd be pissy any damn way.

Matta fack,...you're as pissy as it gets.

Yeah,...if I hear the word pissy,..you come to mind.

"Pissy" has a pic of you beside it in Webster's fuggin' dictionary.

Steelhead,..they name is Pissy!

I recommend ativan.

It's *the* pill fer pissy.

P
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
P
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
For twelve years here, after several years of the same on other such forums, I've taken a lot of pretty nasty flak from guys who've never laid eyes on me.

Let's remedy that.

Come sit down with me for several minutes, in my home or at one of our gatherings, any time you like, 24-7-365. Don't tell me who you are or what you're here for — let's just chat a bit, about anything that you choose to talk about — guns, hunting, politics, Christianity, writing, English, or all of these.

Then if you still want to tell the world that I'm — however you want to put it — a son of a bitch, scum, whatever — go right at it. Presumably, you'll have a bit more to go on.

Door's open. So'm I.

Well, I would be more than happy to talk guns, hamdloading, or the like. I am not much for internet hate though so I guess I am excluded.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
As far as I'm concerned, nobody's "excluded" except those who exclude themselves. And I'm sure that our one-on-one chats won't be about any aspect of internet hate.

Guns, shooting, hunting, handloading, ballistics, books, whatever � bring 'em on!

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Thanks, Amigo!

Rickover was one of my heroes.
That reminds me.. Ken, you ever meet Adm. "Bull" Halsey? My father served under him in WWII and said he was one tough SOB.. I never doubted it.. And I sure wish I could have met the man when I was in.. But I sure appreciated the (rather) brief time or two spent with you, Ken.. Your mind is as sharp as a new Xacto blade..with stories to match.

smile

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
No, never met "the Bull."

I met USMC General George VanOrden � bought my first handloading outfit from him (1952) � and hunted with USAF General Curtis LeMay a couple of times. Never got to know VanOrden well, but Curt and I were buddies. Just missed hunting with Jimmy Doolittle by a smidge and a snort. Always regretted that. Mutual friends said that he was an all-right guy.

Shot on the old BuOrd pistol team with then-Captain, later Vice Admiral Lloyd Mustin, who became president of the NRA after he retired from the Navy. Exemplary good guy! (So also, I hear, was his son, who also made some flavor of admiral. The Mustins were a dynasty of distinguished admirals from 'way back.)

"Good enough" isn't.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
For twelve years here, after several years of the same on other such forums, I've taken a lot of pretty nasty flak from guys who've never laid eyes on me.

Let's remedy that.

Come sit down with me for several minutes, in my home or at one of our gatherings, any time you like, 24-7-365. Don't tell me who you are or what you're here for � let's just chat a bit, about anything that you choose to talk about � guns, hunting, politics, Christianity, writing, English, or all of these.

Then if you still want to tell the world that I'm � however you want to put it � a son of a bitch, scum, whatever � go right at it. Presumably, you'll have a bit more to go on.

Door's open. So'm I.
Ken you're a good man through and through. If I even lived in the same time zone as you, I'd pay you a visit. I know I may never get there, and I'm the big loser in that one. Just from what I know of you, I'm sure a visit with you would be a great experience, but the best part would be the blessings I would get that I never saw coming. God Bless you sir.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
One of this morning's visitors warns me that I'm laying myself open to a depth of chicanery that I'm sure nobody here is capable of.

"There's nothing to keep anyone," he says, "from saying that he's spent some time with you and has found you to be as rotten as he's been saying all along."

The invitation is still open. Nobody here is that rotten!

"Good enough" isn't.

IC B3

A
add Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
.I've taken a lot of pretty nasty flak from guys who've never laid eyes on me.

One of my very early posts on here (3rd?) stated my disagreement with Bush's handling of the Iraq war.

It resulted in (as I recall) a 16 page thread which involved multiple members calling me everything except a caucasian human being,...and a private message from the principal of this place asking me if I was here to destroy his forum.

lol

Archived ?

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Miss Lynn
� This thread was started to bring attention to, and hopefully crucify those who have no use for you, or your ways of dealing with others in life that you decree to be of lesser value than you. If you don't like them, then nobody else should.

You have no use for me, and you have demonstrated that, very clearly, but your approval does not keep me living or alive.

You have no use for Steelhead, but your approval does not keep him living or alive. �

Still mighty curious to know where in the world those pitiful notions � 180� from the truth � came from.

"Good enough" isn't.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Ken, I'm not going to read all of the replies, just your original.

We live in such a wonderful time to be alive and I'll pass through with very few regrets. One of the few is that I am so busy living this life that I would not have time to accept the invitation you extended above. That is my loss.

I sincerely hope that the intended audience can say the same.

Have a good day man. In honor of personal freedom and the open squirrel season, I think I'll go put a hole through dinner's head.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Thanks, Joe!

Is there any chance that you'll be able to join us at one of our Campfire gatherings � here (Quemado, NM) in August or in January in Sierra Vista, AZ?

"Good enough" isn't.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Jesus was crucified, Ken.

Last edited by eyeball; 02/05/13.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Ken, in all honesty, probably not.

I'd love to be there but I have a very limited amount of time off and a large family and children that I live to hunt with.

As I stated earlier, my loss.

That pains me, but I could not give up the family time.

I'll thank the "internet" for having had a chance to meet you.

Have a good day man. In honor of personal freedom and the open squirrel season, I think I'll go put a hole through dinner's head.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by eyeball
Jesus was crucified, Ken.

Not over a period of twelve years! laugh

As for me, I haven't the mission, the grit, nor the yen for any such experience. I'm nowhere near the Man who He was, in any respect, anyhow.

"Good enough" isn't.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Just thinking out loud but if I invited someone to come to my house and stay a while, I am talking a open, plain, and pointed invitation, and they did both have the common curtsy to reply, then I think I would just write that person off as not being worthwhile.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Have you noticed how many here have not only NOT replied courteously but HAVE ridiculed, misinterpreted, and rejected the invitation?

But I'm a stubborn ol' fart. I still cling to the notion that no matter how poorly they come-off on the 'fire, they're pretty good guys in-person. So that's how I'd like to know 'em. I'm sure that we'd get along just fine.

"Good enough" isn't.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I have yet to come face to face with a Fire member and was sorry.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

411 members (12344mag, 160user, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 12savage, 17CalFan, 53 invisible), 1,877 guests, and 1,176 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,089
Posts18,521,999
Members74,024
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.