Home
Posted By: cra1948 update from northern New York - 02/26/13
Our ( democrat controlled)county legislature voted unanimously last night in favor of a resolution opposing the safe act.

http://www.watertowndailytimes.com/article/20130226/NEWS05/702269853
Good for them! Glad to see people taking action!

44henry
Good news.... That's what needs to happen.
What? Democrats found some sense??? WTH???

Same here in Erie county (western NY) 7-4 surprised me a bit.
A bit of good news is always welcome. Good news indeed.

EXCELLENT!
Good news indeed!!!
The Dems are scared, they are witnessing what happens when you come for our guns. The big rally in Albany on Thursday will be more telling.
Hopefully Vermont, Mass. Ct. Maine, And all the northeast is aware that it is their 2nd ammendment also. They need to be in Albany Thursday. Too show everyone is sick of the chit!!!!!

Take care, Willie
Today,Schenectady GAYzette reports that the Saratoga County Board of Supervisors voted to demand repeal.
Good. No...great. That is what we need.
While you are at it, you need to demand the repeal of NY's old assault weapon ban.

You have the momentum.
I'm not sure we have any real momentum with any of this. Hopefully I'm wrong. The big problem is the unbalance of population with regards to geography.

Just like the entire nation needs Ca. to sink and disappear, we here in upstate need NYC to do the same... grin (j-k....don't want any of the fine Ca. 'fire members upset at me....)

All kidding aside...it's always the same ole thing around here....the tail waggin the dog...
Posted By: foxs Re: update from northern New York - 02/26/13
We sure they did. They are afraid of not be relected
Originally Posted by miguel
The Dems are scared, they are witnessing what happens when you come for our guns. The big rally in Albany on Thursday will be more telling.
tell us more about this rally.....please
Well, you've got this news, plus the NYSP is revolting against their FOP lodges and the SEIU has decided it's a bad idea to counter protest in Albany.
Originally Posted by cra1948
Our ( democrat controlled)county legislature voted unanimously last night in favor of a resolution opposing the safe act.

http://www.watertowndailytimes.com/article/20130226/NEWS05/702269853

Even the dumbotards are afraid of mass execution....THEIR OWN. mad

Great news for the folks of NY and the rest of the country.

Gunner
A step in the right direction, I just hope it isn't for naught
Originally Posted by atvalaska
Originally Posted by miguel
tell us more about this rally.....please

5th Annual NYSRPA Lobby Day and Rally

February 28, 2013

Come lobby your legislators on gun rights, meet with your friends and voice your displeasure!

The SAFE ACT Must Go!!

Special Guest Speaker NRA President David Keene

Download the flyer (pdf).

Follow this event on Facebook

WHAT: A day to lobby the state legislature on gun rights. Call your Assemblyman and State Senator to make an appointment to meet with them in their offices on the 28th. If they refuse show up anyway.
WHERE: Capitol Park, next to the Legislative Office Building (LOB).
WHEN: Thursday, February 28. Lobbying all day from 9:00am on. Women's photoshoot at 11:30am. Rally and speakers start at noon.
HOW: There are several public and private transportation options to get to Albany.

Amtrak to Albany: Take the train to the Albany-Rensselaer (ALB) station. From there either take a private taxi or CDTA bus to the Empire State Plaza.

Several groups are putting together buses to Albany:

From Broome County/Johnson City, contact Mike Dunlap, 607-724-1746.
From Cattaraugus/Olean, contact Randy Hill, 716-372-4406
From Chautauqua/Dunkirk, contact Bill Vacanti, 716-672-6210.
From Chautauqua/Jamestown, contact Jodi Aiken, [email protected], 716-969-5925.
From Chemung County, Chemung County Federation of Sportsmen, contact John Aikman, [email protected]. THESE BUSES ARE FULL.
From Chemung/Horseheads, contact Bill Krazinski, 607-426-8109.
From Chenango County/Oxford, contact Shawn Palmer, 607-843-9885, [email protected].
From Columbia County, Columbia County Sportsmen's Federation, contact Jim Bashford, 518-265-2789, or Jim Bertram, 518-965-3971.
From Cortland & Tompkins Counties, contact Denver, [email protected], 607-279-3987.
From Dutchess County, Crum Elbow Sportsmen's Association, contact Rocky, 845-235-9771.
From Dutchess County, contact Civil Armory, 845-723-4603.
From Dutchess & Putnam Counties, Southern Dutchess and Putnam Sportsmen�s Association, contact Al Grimaldi, 914-319 6183, [email protected]. Here is a link to the bus information.
From Erie County, Erie County Federation of Sportsmen's Clubs, contact Rich Davenport, [email protected], 716-510-7952.
From Erie County, 2nd Amendment Coalition of WNY, contact Ashleigh Lee, 716-539-9092. THESE BUSES ARE FULL.
From Greene County, Greene County Federation of Sportsmen, contact Hank Coons, 518-943-0644.
From Jefferson County, contact Glenn Hancock, [email protected], 315-232-3205.
From Jefferson County/Watertown, NNY912, contact Charles Kingsley, 315-649-3424 (h) or 860-617-4145 (c).
From Long Island, Sportsmen's Association for Firearms Education, contact John Cushman, [email protected], 631-475-8125.
From Long Island, Long Island Firearms, contact Steven Blair, [email protected]. BUS IS FULL. CARPOOL OPTIONS STILL AVAILABLE.
From Madison County, Affiliated Conservation Clubs of Madison County, contact Ned Lamb, 315-691-5521.
From Monroe County, Rochester Personal Defense, visit their website here.
From Onondaga and Oswego, Oswego County Federation's of Sportsmen's Clubs, contact Rick McDermott, [email protected], 315-882-1540. Here is their flyer (pdf). THESE BUSES ARE FULL.
From Ostego/Oneonta, contact Losie's Gun Shop, 607-432-6542
From Oswego County, Pathfinder Fish & Game Club, contact Norman Nelson, [email protected]. Here is a link to their blog.
From Orange County, Orange County Federation of Sportsmen's Clubs, contact info George Rogero, [email protected]. Here is a link to purchase tickets.
From St. Lawrence County/Canton, St. Lawrence County Federation of Sportsmen's Clubs, contact Larry Kring, [email protected], 315-323-2107.
From St. Lawrence County/Gouverneur, contact Joel LaPierre, [email protected], 315-486-2909.
From St. Lawrence County/Ogdensburg, St. Lawrence County Federation of Sportsmen's Clubs, contact Larry Kring, [email protected], 315-323-2107. THESE BUSES ARE FULL.
From St. Lawrence County/Potsdam, St. Lawrence County Federation of Sportsmen's Clubs, contact Larry Kring, [email protected], 315-323-2107.
From Sullivan/Liberty, contact Frances D'Auria, [email protected], 845-439-3738.
From Ulster County, the Federated Sportsmen's Clubs of Ulster County, contact Elmer LeSuer, [email protected], 914-466-5940. Here is their flyer (doc).
From Ulster/Kingston, contact Chris Ruger, 845-336-7106.
From Utica/Mohawk Valley, contact Peg Roberts, 315-941-6360.
Driving to Albany: Parking is available under the Empire State Plaza. Cost is $2/hour and paid with a credit card. Other public lots are available nearby. To get to the ESP take I-787 to the South Mall Arterial exit. After parking take the elevator to the concourse level. The Legislative Office Building is accessible from there. Food and bathrooms are available on the concourse level as well.
Originally Posted by BarryC
Well, you've got this news, plus the NYSP is revolting against their FOP lodges and the SEIU has decided it's a bad idea to counter protest in Albany .

That tickles the crap out of me. It reminds me of when the union I worked in for 30 years came to each of us and wanted to start a Political Action Committee with our donations. I thought, what a blind trust that would be, and no thanks! In the end (and still today), the [bleep] were always favoring the Dems, and that never made sense to an NRA member...
I have decent Intell that a LARGE number of Troopers are sending in a petition for repeal. No joke to say I hope they cover their asses because the great grey toothless one D'Amico would likely try to discipline or even terminate them for exercising THEIR rights. This is VERY significant.
Twin,

I certainly don't envy you folks outside Cesspool City. If enough Troopers, deputies, etc sign on to the movement to throw out this evil bill, they can't all be fired or slapped down. These guys are a brave bunch, however, and they are willing to sacrifice their fortunes and sacred honor.

Sound familiar? whistle
My prayers are with you folks ET.
Originally Posted by EvilTwin
Today,Schenectady GAYzette reports that the Saratoga County Board of Supervisors voted to demand repeal.

YES!!!! Even more good news!
Our county is voting on it in a little over a week. There are a bunch of upstate counties voting on the same thing.

Most of the LE rank and file are against this act, and no one is happy about the way it was passed. As a NY resident I am appalled by how poorly written it was. Whether you like the idea or not, it was so poorly written it was embarrassing. If I were Cuomo I wouldn't be jumping up and down and asking the rest of the country to look at it. He looks like an incompetent buffoon.

Cuomo has realized that he bit off to much and that they have a problem. Even if it stands, what little of it is actually enforced will be a failure. No one is a bit safer.
Originally Posted by jdunham

Even if it stands, what little of it is actually enforced will be a failure. No one is a bit safer.

I hope that applies to your Cuommunist Dear Leader. whistle
attending the resolution vote in Chautauqua County tomorrow night. Apparently it can go either way. Hopefully we can push it over the edge.....
Keep the heat turned up NYers, let these [bleep] feel it, and don't forget come election time, who was with you and who was against you.
I heard there were 6 sheriff's who opposed the letter the NY State Sheriff's Association sent to Cuomo. I am trying to find out who they were if anyone can provide a link.
Awesome!

Good Job New Yorkers!

[bleep] are running scared, Don't let up the pressure one little bit just keep pushing till the pindicks fall off the cliff!.

Molon Labe!
Posted By: rong Re: update from northern New York - 02/27/13
Most likely all who opposed were from down state, maybe Albany ,I think most upstate areas aren't in favor,more talk lately about getting rid of the anchor holding down this state

www.accessmylibrary.com/.../some-upstate-legislators-want.html

we are as far away from the city as you can get but our Sheriff came out in support of the Safe Act and has since backpedaled. Our county legislature votes on the resolution tomorrow and it may not pass. There is going to be a schit load of us there to speak out and if they don't vote to support a repeal alot of those [bleep] wil be shown the door.....soon I hope.
Read the other day that something like 38 of NY counties have voted for the repeal or expressed discontent with the Safe Act. Only thing that seems OK with the whole "act" is the right of handgun permit holders to have thier identity not revealed in a FOIL request. You only have to fill out a small form & your identity is kept off the record.
Last I knew, 49 counties had repeal resolutions up, and of those, 25 had passed. At our county legislature meeting last night over 150 showed up, they had to move the meeting upstairs to the county court chambers and people were still out in the hall and on the stairs. There is power in numbers. One of our speakers last night told the legislators: "Look around this room, these are people who work, pay taxes and vote. We're making a list of all the people who don't support us on this and we're going to vote them out."
Originally Posted by 7mmStwer
Read the other day that something like 38 of NY counties have voted for the repeal or expressed discontent with the Safe Act. Only thing that seems OK with the whole "act" is the right of handgun permit holders to have thier identity not revealed in a FOIL request. You only have to fill out a small form & your identity is kept off the record.

You are required to show a need for your info. to be private. I.E. cop, corrections, order of protection, etc. From the way I read the application Joe average is not going to have his name removed.
In the news this am. Steuben Co. has joined the movement, Chemung and Schuyler poised to follow.
ST8 - the form has a check box to opt out because you feel you or your family may be harassed if your info is made public. The clerk in my county (Monroe) said 99.97 percent of the people are using that option and the clerk is rubber stamping them. I was in putting a new gun on my permit the other day and she did it for me while she added the gun. There was one woman there that was time stamping applications and marking them approved the entire time I was there.

BTW - of the 18 people in line when I got there, 15 were either applying for a first time permit, adding a weapon, or handing in the opt out form ( this included at least 4 women there by themselves applying for a permit). It was a beautiful thing.
grinOn local talk radidio this AM, a Lady has organized a whole BUNCH of Ladies to march tomorrow for the 2nd Amendment. They meet and bus(es) will be ready to bring them on down!!! Did I mention that Women who really stand for Freedom are HOT!!!! grin
Originally Posted by bbassi
ST8 - the form has a check box to opt out because you feel you or your family may be harassed if your info is made public. The clerk in my county (Monroe) said 99.97 percent of the people are using that option and the clerk is rubber stamping them. I was in putting a new gun on my permit the other day and she did it for me while she added the gun. There was one woman there that was time stamping applications and marking them approved the entire time I was there.

BTW - of the 18 people in line when I got there, 15 were either applying for a first time permit, adding a weapon, or handing in the opt out form ( this included at least 4 women there by themselves applying for a permit). It was a beautiful thing.

That is very good to know. I think I will turn the form in then. The clerk here (Steuben) has always been very pro-gun. The gal who does most of it showed me her permit once and she owns more handguns than I do. I bet she is pretty accommodating with the opt-out, also.
warms my heart to know that there are men and women that will not go silently into the night, but demand their voices be heard for liberty

rock on NY'ers, fight the good fight
grinOn local talk radidio this AM, a Lady has organized a whole BUNCH of Ladies to march tomorrow for the 2nd Amendment. They meet and bus(es) will be ready to bring them on down!!! Did I mention that Women who really stand for Freedom are HOT!!!! grin

It looks like we'll know where to find Jim tomorrow. Standing next to the hot chicks!

Last I read was that in between the morning part of going into the legislative office building from 9 am - the rally outside @ noon , there is going to be a photo op on the steps @ 11:30 for the ladies to show the media that they stand for freedom as well !!!
This looks promising.

http://www.wktv.com/news/local/Stat...gun-law-is-constitutional-193664911.html

"State Supreme Court wants NYS to show good cause that gun law is constitutional

By NEWSChannel 2 Staff

Story Created: Feb 27, 2013 at 5:18 PM EST
(
Story Updated: Feb 27, 2013 at 5:18 PM EST )

BUFFALO, N.Y. (WKTV) - The Buffalo-based attorney who is spear-heading a lawsuit against Governor Andrew Cuomo's recent gun laws said that Wednesday was "monumental," as a State Supreme Court Justice issued an order requiring New York State to show good cause that the law is constitutional.

New York State has until April 29 to respond or else an injunction will be issued.

On Thursday, thousands are expected in Albany to rally against the Governor's gun laws. Many are looking to preserve local jobs at places such as Remington Arms, while others say they are just citizens who feel that their Second Amendments are being infringed upon.

NEWSChannel 2 will have more from Albany on the rally on Thursday. "
"Supreme Court" in NY State is only a trial court.
Well, can you say strength in numbers? Standing room only with 2 rooms of overflow. Greg Edwards told us it made an impression before the meeting started. He said there were only 3 against, and that due to the crowd it would be immediately brought up for a vote when it started. The resolution passed 22-3 and our county is now on board with the rest of the counties is support of a repeal to the Safe Act. Mr Edwards also informed us a lawsuit was brought by Chautauqua County in tandem with one brought by Erie County and was filed today. More on that to follow....
I hope those 3 tripped and fell on their way out.
YES!!!!!
Today be da day. Doc appt first,then off to Albany. Wish us luck.
Originally Posted by night_owl
"Supreme Court" in NY State is only a trial court.

True, but its a start and more than I expected of a most courts in NYS
Originally Posted by Bulletbutt
I hope those 3 tripped and fell down an elevator shaft on their way out.
Had to add a tidbit, IYDM..
Good luck to all of you Jim. This thing needs to be overturned and those who were involved in it's origination should be thrown out immediately and not wait until it is election time. They need to be fired. God bless all of you.

Jim
© 24hourcampfire