Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by BarryC
Well, you've got this news, plus the NYSP is revolting against their FOP lodges and the SEIU has decided it's a bad idea to counter protest in Albany .

That tickles the crap out of me. It reminds me of when the union I worked in for 30 years came to each of us and wanted to start a Political Action Committee with our donations. I thought, what a blind trust that would be, and no thanks! In the end (and still today), the [bleep] were always favoring the Dems, and that never made sense to an NRA member...

I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns. It was called Schindler's List.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have decent Intell that a LARGE number of Troopers are sending in a petition for repeal. No joke to say I hope they cover their asses because the great grey toothless one D'Amico would likely try to discipline or even terminate them for exercising THEIR rights. This is VERY significant.

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Twin,

I certainly don't envy you folks outside Cesspool City. If enough Troopers, deputies, etc sign on to the movement to throw out this evil bill, they can't all be fired or slapped down. These guys are a brave bunch, however, and they are willing to sacrifice their fortunes and sacred honor.

Sound familiar? whistle

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
My prayers are with you folks ET.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by EvilTwin
Today,Schenectady GAYzette reports that the Saratoga County Board of Supervisors voted to demand repeal.

YES!!!! Even more good news!

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
IC B2

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Our county is voting on it in a little over a week. There are a bunch of upstate counties voting on the same thing.

Most of the LE rank and file are against this act, and no one is happy about the way it was passed. As a NY resident I am appalled by how poorly written it was. Whether you like the idea or not, it was so poorly written it was embarrassing. If I were Cuomo I wouldn't be jumping up and down and asking the rest of the country to look at it. He looks like an incompetent buffoon.

Cuomo has realized that he bit off to much and that they have a problem. Even if it stands, what little of it is actually enforced will be a failure. No one is a bit safer.

NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jdunham

Even if it stands, what little of it is actually enforced will be a failure. No one is a bit safer.

I hope that applies to your Cuommunist Dear Leader. whistle

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
attending the resolution vote in Chautauqua County tomorrow night. Apparently it can go either way. Hopefully we can push it over the edge.....

my son was doing a science project on whales and he asked "whats a blow-hole for" and i said "I'll tell you what it's not for, and when I do, you'll understanded why I'm banned for life from Sea World"!
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Keep the heat turned up NYers, let these [bleep] feel it, and don't forget come election time, who was with you and who was against you.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I heard there were 6 sheriff's who opposed the letter the NY State Sheriff's Association sent to Cuomo. I am trying to find out who they were if anyone can provide a link.

my son was doing a science project on whales and he asked "whats a blow-hole for" and i said "I'll tell you what it's not for, and when I do, you'll understanded why I'm banned for life from Sea World"!
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Awesome!

Good Job New Yorkers!

[bleep] are running scared, Don't let up the pressure one little bit just keep pushing till the pindicks fall off the cliff!.

Molon Labe!

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Most likely all who opposed were from down state, maybe Albany ,I think most upstate areas aren't in favor,more talk lately about getting rid of the anchor holding down this state

www.accessmylibrary.com/.../some-upstate-legislators-want.html

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
we are as far away from the city as you can get but our Sheriff came out in support of the Safe Act and has since backpedaled. Our county legislature votes on the resolution tomorrow and it may not pass. There is going to be a schit load of us there to speak out and if they don't vote to support a repeal alot of those [bleep] wil be shown the door.....soon I hope.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Read the other day that something like 38 of NY counties have voted for the repeal or expressed discontent with the Safe Act. Only thing that seems OK with the whole "act" is the right of handgun permit holders to have thier identity not revealed in a FOIL request. You only have to fill out a small form & your identity is kept off the record.

C
cra1948 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
C
Last I knew, 49 counties had repeal resolutions up, and of those, 25 had passed. At our county legislature meeting last night over 150 showed up, they had to move the meeting upstairs to the county court chambers and people were still out in the hall and on the stairs. There is power in numbers. One of our speakers last night told the legislators: "Look around this room, these are people who work, pay taxes and vote. We're making a list of all the people who don't support us on this and we're going to vote them out."

Mathew 22: 37-39

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 7mmStwer
Read the other day that something like 38 of NY counties have voted for the repeal or expressed discontent with the Safe Act. Only thing that seems OK with the whole "act" is the right of handgun permit holders to have thier identity not revealed in a FOIL request. You only have to fill out a small form & your identity is kept off the record.

You are required to show a need for your info. to be private. I.E. cop, corrections, order of protection, etc. From the way I read the application Joe average is not going to have his name removed.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
In the news this am. Steuben Co. has joined the movement, Chemung and Schuyler poised to follow.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
ST8 - the form has a check box to opt out because you feel you or your family may be harassed if your info is made public. The clerk in my county (Monroe) said 99.97 percent of the people are using that option and the clerk is rubber stamping them. I was in putting a new gun on my permit the other day and she did it for me while she added the gun. There was one woman there that was time stamping applications and marking them approved the entire time I was there.

BTW - of the 18 people in line when I got there, 15 were either applying for a first time permit, adding a weapon, or handing in the opt out form ( this included at least 4 women there by themselves applying for a permit). It was a beautiful thing.

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
grinOn local talk radidio this AM, a Lady has organized a whole BUNCH of Ladies to march tomorrow for the 2nd Amendment. They meet and bus(es) will be ready to bring them on down!!! Did I mention that Women who really stand for Freedom are HOT!!!! grin

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by bbassi
ST8 - the form has a check box to opt out because you feel you or your family may be harassed if your info is made public. The clerk in my county (Monroe) said 99.97 percent of the people are using that option and the clerk is rubber stamping them. I was in putting a new gun on my permit the other day and she did it for me while she added the gun. There was one woman there that was time stamping applications and marking them approved the entire time I was there.

BTW - of the 18 people in line when I got there, 15 were either applying for a first time permit, adding a weapon, or handing in the opt out form ( this included at least 4 women there by themselves applying for a permit). It was a beautiful thing.

That is very good to know. I think I will turn the form in then. The clerk here (Steuben) has always been very pro-gun. The gal who does most of it showed me her permit once and she owns more handguns than I do. I bet she is pretty accommodating with the opt-out, also.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

511 members (12344mag, 2500HD, 1Longbow, 204guy, 257Bob, 25classic, 63 invisible), 2,667 guests, and 1,294 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,295
Posts18,487,010
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.