Home
Seems the local court has found out I have no criminal record and is adamant about making me a criminal....

Getting to the point where they have threatened with a bench warrant.... a big WTF ???

I want to unregister to vote so the rooster suckers can get off my back about their effin jury duty, don't want anything to do with it, why don't I have a choice in the matter ??? this is ridiculous, it is forced/coerced with threats, and they tell me it is my "RIGHT" to do jury duty ?

Sick perverts have the right to choose to nail their neighbor in the hindquarters, murderous women have the right to choose to kill their unborn infants, God haters have a right to choose to worship Satan and his minion obuma..... Where is my right to choose ????

Any lawyer types here than can direct me on how to unregister from this BS ?????
what part of DUTY don't you get
Gonna give up your drivers license too?
They will get you if they want you.
I'm lucky, for some reason I never get called
I have to call in on Monday to find out if I have to go in on Tuesday. Been called a few times. Boring waiting for them to call your name sitting in a room full of people who don't want to be there.
Originally Posted by savageak
what part of DUTY don't you get

Show up, show some class, and show some pride with being an American. If you give off just one fith of your detest and attitude that you show here, you will most likely not be picked anyway
.......or wind up jailed on contempt of court, your choice.
Originally Posted by Swamplord

Any lawyer types here than can direct me on how to unregister from this BS ?????
Don't register to vote, and after six or eight years, your registration expires and you're off the jury duty list.
Commit a felony.
My problem with this is, I have to be at work,I don't want to lose my job over this bullshirt.... they are telling me I gotta call in every effin day for 30 days to hear some # they will assign me.. and report at the courthouse, If selected I am forced by threats of action by the court to appear against my own will....... WTF... I haven't committed any crimes !!! My job is not gonna sit around and wait for me....

It just does not make any sense !!!

Why don't they tap the people that are sitting on welfare or unemployment to go ??? they are getting paid to sit on their ash anyway, those people have the time and could use the $25 a day, I do not have the time to deal with this crap......

You serious that I can't unregister ? why should it take 6-8 years to quit something you don't want to participate in ?

seriously pissed

Here in Texas, they have the ability to pull a jury pool from voter registration, drivers license, or even property tax records. If its that way in your state, I think you will have a hard time hiding from them.

Good luck.

p.s. - It is a Civic Duty.

Also, I don't think your boss would have a leg to stand on if they fired you for being on jury duty.
I had an issue when I lived in TX in a small county. They gave too many passes to people or too many were ineligible for it. Whatever the reason the pool was too small for the number of jurors they needed.

I got called multiple times in the first few months I lived there. In the first year I got called 4 times. I eventually changed my official residence to the neighboring county where I had an address/land as well and got called once in a year and figured that was good.
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Don't register to vote, and after six or eight years, your registration expires and you're off the jury duty list.

Depends on where you live. TX has the ability to get you off the drivers license list in most counties. The county I lived in for a while didn't have the computer or whatever to do that so they pulled everyone off the voter registration list.
I understand you wanting to get out of it, especially if you're a working productive member of society. It's certainly an interruption to your daily life courtesy of the American legal system. A day down at the Courthouse seems twice as long as any day at work. Some even believe that it's both an honor and a duty to participate in our judicial process. Maybe those who feel that way will get called more often, or even go down there and volunteer their services if thay can. If you work and pay the confiscatory taxes that productive people in this country are forced to do, then you're already doing a whole lot more than half the country is doing.
I dont have time for JD, they ask me a question [once], I said, you have long hair, purple hair, no teeth, gay [bleep] with earings, crossbred drug freak, or hillybilly inbred, YOUR GUILTY.

You are excused sir, hadnt heard chit from em in 28 years.

Gunner
I can understand the Civic Duty and responsibility as an American, but that should be on a willing and AVAILABILITY basis, should it not ! seems like I don't I have a CHOICE in the matter ?

It's like being led to the gallows without ever comitting a crime, I mean... what kind of impartial and fair juror is a guy that is forced to do so with threats of arrest, fines and imprisonment ?? Civic Duty my arse..

I'm screwed !!!
In the construction business they don't directly fire you, but lay you off and call it "Reduction In Force" a few days later they will hire someone else and it's business as usual !

what a freakin nightmare

Jury Duty in itself is fine but losing a job in March is the scary part......
Just a quick question to consider. If you were forced to use a firearm in self defense and got jammed up by an over zealous prosecutor, would you want to face a jury box full of welfare recipients or one full of people like those you find at the fire?
Can you not petition the court to be released from jury duty because of the hardship it would cause to your employment?

I can understand the Civic Duty and responsibility as an American, but that should be on a willing and AVAILABILITY basis, should it not ! seems like I don't I have a CHOICE in the matter ?

It's like being led to the gallows without ever comitting a crime, I mean... what kind of impartial and fair juror is a guy that is forced to do so with threats of arrest, fines and imprisonment ?? Civic Duty my arse..

I'm screwed !!!
In the construction business they don't directly fire you, but lay you off and call it "Reduction In Force" a few days later they will hire someone else and it's business as usual !

what a freakin nightmare

Aside from being ignorant as a stump about the legalities of jury duty, you are one sorry ass excuse for a citizen of this country. Get the [bleep] out. And don't leave your dirty [bleep] diaper on the way out.
Originally Posted by MILES58

I'm screwed !!!

what a freakin nightmare

Aside from being ignorant as a stump about the legalities of jury duty, you are one sorry ass excuse for a citizen of this country. Get the [bleep] out. And don't leave your dirty [bleep] diaper on the way out.
Wow easy there bud. The guy could lose his job and you hit him like that. How is this country working out for you at this point? Bet you're really proud to be an American when they start stripping away your gun rights or financially ruining everyone of us or the 5000 other things that make this a not so good place to live anymore. Being a proud citizen may be a hard sell at this point!
Miles58.....

If you are pissed about my comment regarding you homosexuals having choices to to the filthy deeds you do, all I can say is !

"Yes, there IS something wrong with that !" and you were not born a homosexual , you choose to be one....
Miles58.....

If you are pissed about my comment regarding you homosexuals having choices to to the filthy deeds you do, all I can say is !

"Yes, there IS something wrong with that !" and you were not born a homosexual , you choose to be one....

Bettin a gay Minnesota democratic [bleep] like miles knows a lot about dirty diapers. sick

Gunner
what a useless thread. Geez. Bitching about jury duty.
I cant survive on 14 bucks a day and losing 99% income listening about the life history of a toothless crackhead crankcooker.

If they would send em to me, I'd squelch em for 70 cents a piece.

Gunner

I'm screwed !!!

what a freakin nightmare

+1 Hate folks that are too good to do their civic duty. Just plain BS.
What if you are the only person in the world qualified to do your job and support your family?

Gunner
Why don't they tap the people that are sitting on welfare ... to go ??? they are getting paid to sit on their ash anyway, those people have the time and could use the $25 a day, I do not have the time to deal with this crap......

Do you really want Obama voters running our justice system? It's time to man up and contribute to society with more than your tax dollars.

Also, I strongly suspect it's against the law for your employer to discriminate against you for serving on jury duty (it has been where I've lived in the past). You can also certainly bring up your concerns about your employment to your jury duty contact and see what they say/do.
Originally Posted by gunchamp
Wow easy there bud. The guy could lose his job and you hit him like that. How is this country working out for you at this point? Bet you're really proud to be an American when they start stripping away your gun rights or financially ruining everyone of us or the 5000 other things that make this a not so good place to live anymore. Being a proud citizen may be a hard sell at this point!

He is not going to get fired for answering a jury duty summons. If His state does not require employers to allow Jury duty, and I have never been in one that did not, all he's got to do s tell the judge precisely that. Any sonofabitch who'd abdicate his voting rights on such a flimsy basis shouldn't be here and shouldn't be allowed to participate at any level. If you can't comprehend that maybe you should leave with him.
Miles58.....

Where the [bleep] did that come from you crying little baby?

Grow up and be a part of this country or get the [bleep] out.
Originally Posted by gunner500
I cant survive on 14 bucks a day and losing 99% income listening about the life history of a toothless crackhead crankcooker.

If they would send em to me, I'd squelch em for 70 cents a piece.

Gunner

In that case you stand up and be a man and tell the judge precisely that. If you can't manage the responsibilities of being a citizen Mexico is close to Oklahoma.
laugh yer funny this a.m.

Gunner

I'm screwed !!!

what a freakin nightmare

Dude, i gotta say, you should be aware that a company can not legally fire you for attending jury duty.

Otherwise, its not all that bad. Just sack up and do it like the rest of us and all will be well in a month.
Originally Posted by gunchamp

He is not going to get fired for answering a jury duty summons. If His state does not require employers to allow Jury duty, and I have never been in one that did not, all he's got to do s tell the judge precisely that. Any sonofabitch who'd abdicate his voting rights on such a flimsy basis shouldn't be here and shouldn't be allowed to participate at any level. If you can't comprehend that maybe you should leave with him.

Of course he's not gonna get fired for being called to jury duty...Damn, some folks need to get a clue about how the judicial process works in this country. Judges just LOVE dealing with employers that even suggest going that route.

I agree with miles, Thats just part of it, I see no difference in bitching about haveing to do jury duty than I do in bitchin about have'n to pull your weight by havein to work to support yourself....

With rights come responsibilities. We have the right to a trial by jury. It comes with being an American. We also have the responsibility to sit on that jury. That also comes with being an American. Why should we have the rights but be able to shirk the responsibility?
You can be excused from jury duty very easily if you have a sound rerason. I am self employed with no one to work but me.
I have never had a judge tell me that I had to serve in that case, but YOUR attitude in front of the bench will set the judges temperment I can guarantee you that!...
I sure don't mind doing my part, but don't want to go too often.
I was never called until I registered to vote. Now I receive the jury summons about once a year. Luckily, I am not self employed and still get paid.

I am not the person the defense attorney wants.

If everything isn't black and white, then I say "why in the hell not?" - John Wayne

stumpy

What if you are the only person in the world qualified to do your job and support your family?

Gunner

Tell it to the judge. Pile of BS it is.
MILES 58......
Its not surprising to hear a libtard democrat like yourself talk about rights when it's convenient for you and makes you sound patriotic in front of others....

I have no choice but attend this , and then be jobless.. exactly what obuma and his psycho democrats want...

the work I do does not wait, concrete does not wait.... I miss work for any reason, get laid off then replaced...

there is no firing, just a layoff with no rehire, excuse is "temporary lack of work, reduction in force" there is no fighting it, just start searching for another job ...

fajjots like you would probably shriek like the sissy you are and sue the contractor.....

I'm just gonna go look for work, not easy to find in March out here !
[/quote]

Do you really want Obama voters running our justice system? [/quote]

Where in the hell have you been since '08 ?
Everybody has work that does not wait.
Originally Posted by BrentD

Gunner

Tell it to the judge. Pile of BS it is.

I did.

Gunner
My educated opinion would lead me to believe you'd not be liked by the defense......
Originally Posted by NH K9
My educated opinion would lead me to believe you'd not be liked by the defense......

Right again young man, nor the defendant/s. grin

Gunner

the work I do does not wait, concrete does not wait.... I miss work for any reason, get laid off then replaced...

You were hired to do a job, not to be provided with a living. That contractor has a deadline to meet and the owner they work for won't take I can't meet the dead line because some of my employees has jury duty. It sucks to work in the private sector these days. Maybe some of the ones ridiculing you for opting to keep your job over jury duty might help out with some of your bills when you are unemployed?
You F'kin A Pat, and employers DO have ways of recourse, the law be damned.

Gunner
I served 5 juries and my citizenship was not year old yet - low on citizens was my county I guess smile
[/quote]

Do you really want Obama voters running our justice system?

Where in the hell have you been since '08 ? [/quote]

Well, speaking for this conservative non-Obama voter, I have been on jury duty 3 times since '08. Two times on civil/criminal cases and once on Grand jury. By the way, Grand jury gets you a 6 month dose around here.

Before that, I have been on jury duty too many times to count in the last thirty years. I have come to the conclusion I am just what attorneys like. An educated(BS degree), stable(lived here my whole life), family(30+ years married with two grown sons) man.

With all that said, if you go in with an attitude, you will probably get off and not be bothered again.

Once again, good luck.
[/quote]

Do you really want Obama voters running our justice system?

Where in the hell have you been since '08 ? [/quote]

If that's what you think then you REALLY need to go serve on a jury to see how the world works beyond your nose. A single juror can determine whether someone is convicted or set free, ruined financially or not. The judge may be the ringmaster, and in some situations does have some authority to overrule a jury, but in 99.9% of cases the jury ultimately decides the issues.

I don't want to leave jury duty to the Obama voters because they have already done too much to mess up these United States.

Go talk to your boss and tell him you're going to do your best to get out of jury duty and will be back to work as soon as you are released. See what he says. If your boss acts like he is going to fire you because of your jury duty, tell the judge that you would like to serve on jury but that your employment is at risk (convey what your boss says) and based on the situation in your industry, there really would not be any legal recourse available to you if you were fired for being out for jury service. You might have to explain that you've seen guys get fired for being out sick a day or two or whatever the situation with your work.

With your current attitude, I don't really see the judge being sympathetic to you, but you can work on your attitude/presentation and see what the judge says.

Also, if you do get fired, make sure you can document all of the illegal aliens working on the job site and make sure ICE gets the info they need (from anonymous source if you want) to bring a case against your former employer. The reason I make the point about illegal aliens is that if your employer has very many U.S. citizens working for him, you wouldn't be the first employee of his to have jury duty so he would have had to have dealt with the issue before.
Quit your crying and go do your DUTY like a grownup. I am sure a day off work will NOT be the end of all life on earth.

You want the protection of the legal system, the bad guys taken off the streets and away from your home and family but are two damned lazy to do your part.

And you wonder what's wrong with this country.
1-800-tell jury.....Fully Informed Jury Association .... I bring that up every time> when "they" start the proceedings smile....home I go smile
"A single juror can determine whether someone is convicted or set free"........I seen how that works,it let a rapist go free.
Originally Posted by atvalaska
"A single juror can determine whether someone is convicted or set free"........I seen how that works,it let a rapist go free.

In one post, you state you are always able to get out of jury duty by purposefully mentioning a particular organization and then in your very next post you state that you have a problem with a verdict from a jury. confused crazy

If you refuse to participate then don't complain about the results. I've served on two juries, and both times the jury reached what I thought was the right verdict based on the facts presented.
I was on a jury long before........ I wised up
1 800 tell jury
I have done 3 stints of Jury duty, twice it was just calling in at 7am and being let go for the day. The other time I sat on a DUI case.

If you think you deserve a fair trial for something you did or didn't do, its only fair that you go and listen and do your job.

Its responsibility of being a citizen here, like fighting in a war when your country calls or paying taxes.
They should select the Jury duty from those on the unemployment rolls. Let the people with a job work, and give the people who don't have a job something to do.

I'm ready anytime if they would just call me.

Almost had a federal case, but they didnt even interview me for it. I guess their pool was full.

I'm willing to go, I work for govt anyway- my job ain't gonna give me no [bleep] about it no way.

I'm ready to burn some scumbag mofos if they need it.
Posted By: RWE Re: how do I unregister to vote ? - 03/22/13
Originally Posted by heavywalker
They should select the Jury duty from those on the unemployment rolls. Let the people with a job work, and give the people who don't have a job something to do.

It would be impossible for me to have a jury of my peers...
Originally Posted by heavywalker
They should select the Jury duty from those on the unemployment rolls.

That's how you would want your jury selected?
Certainly wouldn't be a jury of my peers,nor a jury I would want deciding my fate.
would you want to face a jury box full of welfare recipients or one full of people like those you find at the fire?
The latter only happens in the movies.
Just walk in with a hangman's noose draped over ones shoulder.

I get called about every 2 years. Most cases plead out before trial, and with about 3 times the minimum number in the pool, it's rare that I get seated.
Originally Posted by Scott F
Quit your crying and go do your DUTY like a grownup. I am sure a day off work will NOT be the end of all life on earth.

You want the protection of the legal system, the bad guys taken off the streets and away from your home and family but are two damned lazy to do your part.

And you wonder what's wrong with this country.
Trust me, not wanting jury duty is not whats wrong with this crap hole of a country.
Nor is it all that is wrong with the OP who is now on ignore. Is I age I find less desire to deal with idiots.
Originally Posted by Scott F
Nor is it all that is wrong with the OP who is now on ignore. Is I age I find less desire to deal with idiots.
understood
I'm glad that I'm available for jury duty, I'd like to think that I might be the one reasonable vote that keeps a man from being jammed-up by an over-zealous county D.A. or federal prosecutor (thank you FIJA).

I served on a jury for a 4-week trial about 13 years ago, it got old after the first week. I got notified for a federal jury about 4 years ago, but I called in via telephone for a week and was never instructed to show up at the federal courthouse.
My problem with this is, I have to be at work,I don't want to lose my job over this bullshirt.... they are telling me I gotta call in every effin day for 30 days to hear some # they will assign me.. and report at the courthouse, If selected I am forced by threats of action by the court to appear against my own will....... WTF... I haven't committed any crimes !!! My job is not gonna sit around and wait for me....

It just does not make any sense !!!

Why don't they tap the people that are sitting on welfare or unemployment to go ??? they are getting paid to sit on their ash anyway, those people have the time and could use the $25 a day, I do not have the time to deal with this crap......

You serious that I can't unregister ? why should it take 6-8 years to quit something you don't want to participate in ?

seriously pissed

You can`t get fired for doing jury duty.You should kiss the ground and thank God you live in a Country that lets people get a jury trial of their peers.
Originally Posted by Huntz
You should kiss the ground and thank God you live in a Country that lets people get a jury trial of their peers.

Lots of folks are indoctrinated in their compulsory government confinement schooling that jury trials are somehow linked to liberty.

It's about as true as the rest of the stuff those folks tell you about the government.

Centuries ago, a jury may to some degree have served to paper over the biggest, ugliest conflict of interest anybody has ever seen; but these days, juries are almost completely irrelevant.

No time right now to elaborate, but just one example: you can't promote liberty by enforcing slavery, which is the real term for forcing people to sit on juries against their will.
Barak,

Sometimes your slant on things is interesting to think about.

This ain't one of those times.
If one is wondering what's wrong this country, this and other recent selfish crybaby threads are proof positive what's wrong.

The reason this country was great is that people were willing to sacrifice for the good of the country. Now all you hear is beotch, beotch, beotch let somebody else do it.
The main problem with the American government "justice" system, juries notwithstanding, is the massive conflict of interest involved in the government accusing a defendant of a crime, and then proceeding to try the defendant for that crime as well.

What--did you think it was the plaintiff who accused the defendant of a crime? Nope--that's civil cases, not criminal cases.

If I steal your stuff in Iowa and get caught, the case is not called Your Name v. Barak O'Reilly, it's called State of Iowa v. Barak O'Reilly. You will have very little control over the case. You decide it's all a misunderstanding and what I did wasn't actually stealing at all? Too bad: the State of Iowa is already prosecuting it. You're intent on seeing it through to the end, but the district attorney has an election coming up and would rather spend his office's time on politically juicier cases? Too bad: the State of Iowa has decided not to prosecute, so you can just go pound sand with their compliments.

So in order to cover up this gaping hole, or at least distract people from it, so that the term "government justice" wouldn't provoke immediate belly laughs from all who heard it, juries were invented.

Not juries of people who know the parties involved and are familiar with the situation and likely to come to a good decision, but juries of people who are deliberately and completely unconnected with anything relating to the case and have no context whatever to work with.

Not juries of people who have strong, independent minds and are accustomed to making important decisions on their own, but juries of people who are deliberately chosen to be of malleable mind and specifically for their existing sympathies and prejudices for the prosecution or the defense.

Not juries of people who are informed of their duty to judge the law as well as the facts, but juries of people who are deliberately misled by the judge and kept in ignorance of any power they might have to do anything but obey the State's directives.

Not juries of people who have an interest in the case and in reaching a workable solution for everyone involved, but juries of people who--in the vast majority--are there because they have been threatened with imprisonment should they be anywhere else.

If it weren't for comprehensive indoctrination in the compulsory government confinement schools, the belly laughs would be back by now. But no, the government takes you away from your parents when you're small and intellectually undeveloped and defenseless and tells you over and over and over again that you have a duty to serve it and to call this state of servitude "liberty" and "freedom" and not to question that on pain of ostracism for unpatriotic thinking (which is declared for unspecified reasons to be bad), if not worse.

So you believe it. How could you do anything else, at that age?
Originally Posted by Barak
The main problem with the American government "justice" system, juries notwithstanding, is the massive conflict of interest involved in the government accusing a defendant of a crime, and then proceeding to try the defendant for that crime as well.

What--did you think it was the plaintiff who accused the defendant of a crime? Nope--that's civil cases, not criminal cases.

If I steal your stuff in Iowa and get caught, the case is not called Your Name v. Barak O'Reilly, it's called State of Iowa v. Barak O'Reilly. You will have very little control over the case. You decide it's all a misunderstanding and what I did wasn't actually stealing at all? Too bad: the State of Iowa is already prosecuting it. You're intent on seeing it through to the end, but the district attorney has an election coming up and would rather spend his office's time on politically juicier cases? Too bad: the State of Iowa has decided not to prosecute, so you can just go pound sand with their compliments.

So in order to cover up this gaping hole, or at least distract people from it, so that the term "government justice" wouldn't provoke immediate belly laughs from all who heard it, juries were invented.

Not juries of people who know the parties involved and are familiar with the situation and likely to come to a good decision, but juries of people who are deliberately and completely unconnected with anything relating to the case and have no context whatever to work with.

Not juries of people who have strong, independent minds and are accustomed to making important decisions on their own, but juries of people who are deliberately chosen to be of malleable mind and specifically for their existing sympathies and prejudices for the prosecution or the defense.

Not juries of people who are informed of their duty to judge the law as well as the facts, but juries of people who are deliberately misled by the judge and kept in ignorance of any power they might have to do anything but obey the State's directives.

Not juries of people who have an interest in the case and in reaching a workable solution for everyone involved, but juries of people who--in the vast majority--are there because they have been threatened with imprisonment should they be anywhere else.

If it weren't for comprehensive indoctrination in the compulsory government confinement schools, the belly laughs would be back by now. But no, the government takes you away from your parents when you're small and intellectually undeveloped and defenseless and tells you over and over and over again that you have a duty to serve it and to call this state of servitude "liberty" and "freedom" and not to question that on pain of ostracism for unpatriotic thinking (which is declared for unspecified reasons to be bad), if not worse.

So this is a worse system then standing in front of a Tyrant who by himself with no public input declares you guilty with no opportunity to defend your self????? You talk in circles and say nothing!!! crazy
Barak, I don't doubt for a minute that our system isn't perfect. What I'd like to see is an offering of a viable alternative instead of simple complaining or refusing to contribute.

To the OP, is there not a way to ask to be excused? I've been called a few times and every time was given a way to ask to be excused for specific reasons. Your reason would probably be accepted.

Posted By: eh76 Re: how do I unregister to vote ? - 03/23/13
Seems the local court has found out I have no criminal record and is adamant about making me a criminal....

Getting to the point where they have threatened with a bench warrant.... a big WTF ???

I want to unregister to vote so the rooster suckers can get off my back about their effin jury duty, don't want anything to do with it, why don't I have a choice in the matter ??? this is ridiculous, it is forced/coerced with threats, and they tell me it is my "RIGHT" to do jury duty ?

Sick perverts have the right to choose to nail their neighbor in the hindquarters, murderous women have the right to choose to kill their unborn infants, God haters have a right to choose to worship Satan and his minion obuma..... Where is my right to choose ????

better get rid of your drivers license to & sell your home.... better hope the jurors on your trial have a better attitude than you do.
ive got no problem doing jury duty so long as i can go to work on Wednesdays.....took me 2 months to set up missing 2 weeks of work and even that went to chit when a tournament book came in as now my wife knows tere is quite litterally no one else around that can run that press, her dad has had some mini-strokes over the years and he told her he could do it, he came in at 6am yesterday while i was still on the train and was still there when i got off the train at 6 pm and didnt have a single page printed and i went from the train station to work and got it all done by 9:30 last night....

my FIL who used to know more than me now cant do a 3 hour printing job.....unless i can get on someone elses schedule which usually takes a month heads up there is no one else that can print the paper or do the rest of the printing...

ive got zero problem doing jury duty there just is no one else that can do my job, especially on less than a months notice.....though given ive got the newspaper, am on the police commission and am friends with most the cops the chances of me getting pulled are slim to none as i know most all the back story of every case that goes to court....
is there not a way to ask to be excused?

I near always get nabbed in Sept/Oct which are the two months of the year that I tolerate the other 10 for. I go in, see the clerk, complement her on her blouse or hair, she asks what I really want, and then I ask if I can be shifted to a midwinter block. Works every time.

I've also been excused for a week or 10 days to take Scouts on float trips, and help a friend with a pronghorn hunt. It helps that the clerks are from outdoor oriented families too.

So this is a worse system then standing in front of a Tyrant who by himself with no public input declares you guilty with no opportunity to defend your self????? You talk in circles and say nothing!!! crazy

A worse system? No--it's essentially the same system. The tyranny is distributed among a number of people rather than being concentrated in one, but there's just as much of it there.
Originally Posted by pira114
Barak, I don't doubt for a minute that our system isn't perfect. What I'd like to see is an offering of a viable alternative instead of simple complaining or refusing to contribute.

I've offered the viable alternative here so many times over the years that I'm sure there are lots of folks who could repeat it verbatim without even looking.

My objective is not to expose the government "justice" system as "imperfect," it's to point out that it's fundamentally unworkable, that no product of it can reasonably be called "justice," and that people who believe they are satisfied with it believe so only because they have been taught to judge it against standards they wouldn't accept in any other context.

Just like so many other excrescences of government.

A worse system? No--it's essentially the same system. The tyranny is distributed among a number of people rather than being concentrated in one, but there's just as much of it there.

bla.bla,bla,yada,yada,yada what you stated is simply your opinion.If things are so bad here maybe a move is in order to Utopia . tired
bla.bla,bla,yada,yada,yada what you stated is simply your opinion.If things are so bad here maybe a move is in order to Utopia . tired

You're pretty much exactly what I mean. Thanks for the object lesson.

Betcha think you're an advocate for liberty, too, dontcha?
Wow !

No wonder this country is teetering on the brink of full on communism, even those who proclaim to be Constitutionalist Americans have a soviet style of communist behaviour, just need the right situation and the right person to draw out your true RED colors......

So lets see here ! because you wear a Harley Davidson t-shirt with a flag on it and it droops with your massive gut hanging over your belt preventing you from seeing your own shriveled pecker when you pee... for the last decade..... and you cheer for your favorite negro for running an extra 3 feet with a funny shaped ball makes you a real American !!!

All you self-proclaimed "patriots" can go make love to yourselves........

Most of you mendicants in the cities with your pansy ass jobs don't know what a hard days work out here is like.... living in your safe, sheltered areas in t-shirt weather all 4 seasons.....

In order for me too show up for jury duty selection I have to travel by ATV or snowmachine, get on a small airplane fly several hundred miles to a bigger airport, get on a bigger commercial airplane and fly to a bigger town then drive an additional 50 miles to a smaller town,(that takes 2-3 days).... sit around all day not get selected ON that day, retrace my steps and do it again next week ! On top of that I gotta call in every ficken day at 3pm and sit on hold for 30 min..., boss getting pissed "Sumbeech is on the phone again" and this is happening every day for 30 days, then I gotta run off on a 3 day cruise to the courthouse several times during the month !!!! and....This is costing over a grand per trip in expenses and I am losing $400 a day on my paycheck.......

"Bush Work" does not mean playing around with your girlfriend !

I seriously doubt any of you guys would actually do this,
I HAVE !!!!!!!!!!! and don't fokkin wanna do it again this year !!!!

The employer will simply pink slip me with a layoff as I have explained several times and have another guy in my spot on the returning flight when I leave.... some of you morons are like "It's jury duty, they can't do that" and the stupid "tell the judge, dude"
what are you ? some sissy arse Califagnians ? I report it and never work in the state again, nobody will hire me ...period !!!!

It's easy for you minimum wage homos to sit there and type all your BS filled drivel trying to sound all American and Patriotic in front of your internet buddies,

most all of you don't know my situation and how long this has been going on, how do you know I haven't already contributed numerous times ? for some reason they keep at me, even when there are numerous other candidates to choose from, the cork suckers select me for some reason !

You have me pegged wrong ! accused , convicted and executed without any facts......

Pure communist behavior ! and this from "GUN GUYS ?" you all should be ashamed of yourselves....................

Wow !

No wonder this country is teetering on the brink of full on communism, even those who proclaim to be Constitutionalist Americans have a soviet style of communist behaviour, just need the right situation and the right person to draw out your true RED colors......
Barak?? A Constitutionalist?? laugh

You don't know him very well, do you? Ever read his signature line?
"When you go into court you are putting your fate into the hands of twelve people who weren't smart enough to get out of jury duty." - Norm Crosby
Swamplord, you're a whiner and fake. Shut up and do your duty, and while you like to pigeon hole everyone opposed to your attitude, be ware that not one of us fit your descriptions of us. Not even close.

Yup ,even enlisted in The Military after High School.
BrentD....

it is evident that you are angered by my initial post which mentioned your types ...homosexual perverts .... it wasn't directed at you ar any other phag on this site.....

It was a comparison of choices .......

I have done my duty and will be doing so again in the near future... have no choice ......

You, on the other hand ..... have a choice to be a decent human being, yet you choose to engage in sick perversion......YOU need a mental evaluation for you are obviously mentally ill

wipe the corner of your mouth before you speak, theres a brown stain there ....

Posted By: LBP Re: how do I unregister to vote ? - 03/25/13
Tell'em your a cop and they will never call you again... wink
It's all good...

was pissed and blowing off steam for having to do jury duty again.... I tried to get excused several times but they just moved the dates on me, just like last time...

most guys I know have never had to do it......
I get to go again...

same as on the jobsite, I always get selected for a random piss test even when I had just done it a month ago and the bosses know I am not the type and do know several really good candidates that would fail.....

Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Wow !

Barak?? A Constitutionalist?? laugh

You don't know him very well, do you? Ever read his signature line?

I don't think he was talking to me; I think he just responded to the thread in general.

And for the most part I agree with him. Most folks in this country are wayyy more socialist than they think they are, especially conservatives.

He sounds like a useful, productive, free-market guy, competently performing a difficult job that benefits many people including himself, and he's surprised when other folks who think of themselves as being in the same category excoriate him for objecting when the government steps in and forcibly confiscates part of his life under threat of imprisonment.

I think he's got a good point. If you think you're an advocate of liberty, but then you unexpectedly turn out to be an advocate of indentured servitude to the government--especially the servitude of others to the government--then I think you pretty much have to turn in your advocate-of-liberty union card.

I certainly won't accept it from you anymore.

Yup ,even enlisted in The Military after High School.

So as to be used as a tool to subjugate foreigners to the will of American politicians at gunpoint?

Thank you: that's exactly the kind of "advocate for liberty" I had you figured to be.
© 24hourcampfire