Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
what a useless thread. Geez. Bitching about jury duty.

Sam......

GB1

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
G
I cant survive on 14 bucks a day and losing 99% income listening about the life history of a toothless crackhead crankcooker.

If they would send em to me, I'd squelch em for 70 cents a piece.

Gunner

Trump Won!
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by MILES58
Originally Posted by Swamplord
I can understand the Civic Duty and responsibility as an American, but that should be on a willing and AVAILABILITY basis, should it not ! seems like I don't I have a CHOICE in the matter ?

It's like being led to the gallows without ever comitting a crime, I mean... what kind of impartial and fair juror is a guy that is forced to do so with threats of arrest, fines and imprisonment ?? Civic Duty my arse..

I'm screwed !!!
In the construction business they don't directly fire you, but lay you off and call it "Reduction In Force" a few days later they will hire someone else and it's business as usual !

what a freakin nightmare

Jury Duty in itself is fine but losing a job in March is the scary part......

Aside from being ignorant as a stump about the legalities of jury duty, you are one sorry ass excuse for a citizen of this country. Get the [bleep] out. And don't leave your dirty [bleep] diaper on the way out.

+1 Hate folks that are too good to do their civic duty. Just plain BS.

Save an elk, shoot a cow.
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
G
What if you are the only person in the world qualified to do your job and support your family?

Gunner

Trump Won!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Why don't they tap the people that are sitting on welfare ... to go ??? they are getting paid to sit on their ash anyway, those people have the time and could use the $25 a day, I do not have the time to deal with this crap......

Do you really want Obama voters running our justice system? It's time to man up and contribute to society with more than your tax dollars.

Also, I strongly suspect it's against the law for your employer to discriminate against you for serving on jury duty (it has been where I've lived in the past). You can also certainly bring up your concerns about your employment to your jury duty contact and see what they say/do.

IC B2

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by gunchamp
Wow easy there bud. The guy could lose his job and you hit him like that. How is this country working out for you at this point? Bet you're really proud to be an American when they start stripping away your gun rights or financially ruining everyone of us or the 5000 other things that make this a not so good place to live anymore. Being a proud citizen may be a hard sell at this point!

He is not going to get fired for answering a jury duty summons. If His state does not require employers to allow Jury duty, and I have never been in one that did not, all he's got to do s tell the judge precisely that. Any sonofabitch who'd abdicate his voting rights on such a flimsy basis shouldn't be here and shouldn't be allowed to participate at any level. If you can't comprehend that maybe you should leave with him.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Miles58.....

If you are pissed about my comment regarding you homosexuals having choices to to the filthy deeds you do, all I can say is !

"Yes, there IS something wrong with that !" and you were not born a homosexual , you choose to be one....

Where the [bleep] did that come from you crying little baby?

Grow up and be a part of this country or get the [bleep] out.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by gunner500
I cant survive on 14 bucks a day and losing 99% income listening about the life history of a toothless crackhead crankcooker.

If they would send em to me, I'd squelch em for 70 cents a piece.

Gunner

In that case you stand up and be a man and tell the judge precisely that. If you can't manage the responsibilities of being a citizen Mexico is close to Oklahoma.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
G
laugh yer funny this a.m.

Gunner

Trump Won!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I can understand the Civic Duty and responsibility as an American, but that should be on a willing and AVAILABILITY basis, should it not ! seems like I don't I have a CHOICE in the matter ?

It's like being led to the gallows without ever comitting a crime, I mean... what kind of impartial and fair juror is a guy that is forced to do so with threats of arrest, fines and imprisonment ?? Civic Duty my arse..

I'm screwed !!!
In the construction business they don't directly fire you, but lay you off and call it "Reduction In Force" a few days later they will hire someone else and it's business as usual !

what a freakin nightmare

Jury Duty in itself is fine but losing a job in March is the scary part......

Dude, i gotta say, you should be aware that a company can not legally fire you for attending jury duty.

Otherwise, its not all that bad. Just sack up and do it like the rest of us and all will be well in a month.

30-06 till i die, the greatest round ever!

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy!

CEO of a Turdlike People: Turds & Tats Division... (per Ingwe grin )
IC B3

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by MILES58
Originally Posted by gunchamp
Wow easy there bud. The guy could lose his job and you hit him like that. How is this country working out for you at this point? Bet you're really proud to be an American when they start stripping away your gun rights or financially ruining everyone of us or the 5000 other things that make this a not so good place to live anymore. Being a proud citizen may be a hard sell at this point!

He is not going to get fired for answering a jury duty summons. If His state does not require employers to allow Jury duty, and I have never been in one that did not, all he's got to do s tell the judge precisely that. Any sonofabitch who'd abdicate his voting rights on such a flimsy basis shouldn't be here and shouldn't be allowed to participate at any level. If you can't comprehend that maybe you should leave with him.

Of course he's not gonna get fired for being called to jury duty...Damn, some folks need to get a clue about how the judicial process works in this country. Judges just LOVE dealing with employers that even suggest going that route.

I agree with miles, Thats just part of it, I see no difference in bitching about haveing to do jury duty than I do in bitchin about have'n to pull your weight by havein to work to support yourself....

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
With rights come responsibilities. We have the right to a trial by jury. It comes with being an American. We also have the responsibility to sit on that jury. That also comes with being an American. Why should we have the rights but be able to shirk the responsibility?

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
You can be excused from jury duty very easily if you have a sound rerason. I am self employed with no one to work but me.
I have never had a judge tell me that I had to serve in that case, but YOUR attitude in front of the bench will set the judges temperment I can guarantee you that!...

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I sure don't mind doing my part, but don't want to go too often.
I was never called until I registered to vote. Now I receive the jury summons about once a year. Luckily, I am not self employed and still get paid.

I am not the person the defense attorney wants.

If everything isn't black and white, then I say "why in the hell not?" - John Wayne

stumpy

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
What if you are the only person in the world qualified to do your job and support your family?

Gunner

Tell it to the judge. Pile of BS it is.

S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
MILES 58......
Its not surprising to hear a libtard democrat like yourself talk about rights when it's convenient for you and makes you sound patriotic in front of others....

I have no choice but attend this , and then be jobless.. exactly what obuma and his psycho democrats want...

the work I do does not wait, concrete does not wait.... I miss work for any reason, get laid off then replaced...

there is no firing, just a layoff with no rehire, excuse is "temporary lack of work, reduction in force" there is no fighting it, just start searching for another job ...

fajjots like you would probably shriek like the sissy you are and sue the contractor.....

I'm just gonna go look for work, not easy to find in March out here !

"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants".
S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
[/quote]

Do you really want Obama voters running our justice system? [/quote]

Where in the hell have you been since '08 ?

"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants".
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Everybody has work that does not wait.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by BrentD

Gunner

Tell it to the judge. Pile of BS it is.

I did.

Gunner

Trump Won!
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
My educated opinion would lead me to believe you'd not be liked by the defense......

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

545 members (222Sako, 257wthbylover, 1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 1_deuce, 64 invisible), 1,749 guests, and 1,189 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,117
Posts18,522,844
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.