Home
She's going to be in for a big surprise if she thinks she's in a freer place...
Originally Posted by HugAJackass
We'll see. So far she says it's like night and day.
Two weeks she is still in the dream world stage
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

I bet! She doesn't carry anymore that's for sure. Then again, she probably didn't carry here either...
Who is Amanda BillyRock?
Never heard of her.
Should I? confused
Originally Posted by LRoyJetson
Who is Amanda BillyRock?
Never heard of her.
Should I? confused

+1
I lived in NZ for a short while. Gun laws are stricter. But some things are really nice, people still pick you up when you hitchhike or break down. People are NICE. I have started up more conversations in Bars that have led to more invites to take me hunting and fishing then I can count on two hands. My buddy shot a red stag. Total cost, gas and a case of beer as a thank you.

Negatives, Gas and Beer is expensive and food is higher. Pluses, its a very clean country, and BEAUTIFUL!!!!

I Dream about New Zealand Everyday. I wish I could move there, here are a few pictures that I dream about because I want to go back.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I bet! She doesn't carry anymore that's for sure. Then again, she probably didn't carry here either...
Yep, likely not. I sure wouldn't be happy not being able to carry, but they plan to turn up the heat on we who carry soon enough in the US, you can count on that.
It's not often you get a split screen of a queer and a kook for 17 minutes.
Who is Amanda BillyRock?
Never heard of her.
Should I? confused
Only if you have something on the ball. grin Just kidding. She's mainly known for her compelling support for Ron Paul on YouTube during the campaign, to include the story of her discovery of libertarianism.
WGAF where the dimwit lives?
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
It's not often you get a split screen of a queer and a kook for 17 minutes.
Yeah, that guy was quite a bit "light in the loafers." grin Seemed like a nice chap, still the same, though.
Who is Amanda BillyRock?
Never heard of her.
Should I? confused
Only if you have something on the ball. grin Just kidding. She's mainly known for her compelling support for Ron Paul on YouTube during the campaign, to include the story of her discovery of libertarianism.

Got it! Not a big Ron Paul follower, guess that explains why I never heard of her.
Thanks.
Originally Posted by RISJR
WGAF where the dimwit lives?

Even if it's a tiny number, it's probably more than care what you think about this thread.
I sure doubt it but you spend all the time you like replaying the vid over and over. Make sure to give us all some updates on her later opinions, too.

Then I have an excellent suggestion for you, but before I proffer a recommendation, I would ask if they take umbrage with having sidearms whilst in the shower, use of flouride in the public water supply and of course private access to healthcare...
I sure doubt it but you spend all the time you like replaying the vid over and over. Make sure to give us all some updates on her later opinions, too.

I don't doubt it at all I suspect you have a much higher opinion of yourself than the 'Fire in general.

I didn't watch the vid, and I have no idea who she is, and don't really care. I'm just curious why you have decided you are the arbiter of Campfire content.
Not as many pit bulls in NZ, She'll be much safer.
Who is Amanda BillyRock?

My initial thought too, so I guess I really didn't miss anything important.

Curious though, what will she do for a living?
Originally Posted by RufusG

I'm just curious why you have decided you are the arbiter of Campfire content.

Says the guy complaining about what someone else is posting....
I didn't watch the vid, and I have no idea who she is, and don't really care.
================

And still chose to voice your opinion, anyways. I'm the arbiter of what I decide to post. If you don't like it, tough schit.
You can't say that here, Bob. I have spoken.
Who is Amanda BillyRock?
Never heard of her.
Should I? confused

Just TRH being the attention whore, nothing new, nothing worthwhile, just TRH posting another of his 20 posts per day, everyday.
She coulda moved to Canada with Alec Baldwin.
"As soon as I found out the cops don't carry guns it didn't take much more convincing"

What a [bleep]' Loon, were better off with out her whoever she is anyways.
Who is Amanda BillyRock?
Never heard of her.
Should I? confused

She appears to be an unemployed woman with a video camera.

Work visas are hard to get for NZ, so she may be there as a tourist, living off savings or a trust fund.
It was all I could do to watch 32 seconds of that video , I wouldn't have even made it that far if I could have hit stop quicker. A waste of bandwidth.

Mike
I love the USA! It's just the majority of AH that live here that I don't cotton to!!
The U.S.A is at ground zero for the great 21st century [bleep].

I'm not sure if New Zealand is the answer,..in fact, I doubt that any western society is the answer,...but anybody who has a reasonable chance of living more than 20 more years needs to be lookin' at this place in the rearview mirror.
Originally Posted by Bristoe
The U.S.A is at ground zero for the great 21st century [bleep].

I'm not sure if New Zealand is the answer,..in fact, I doubt that any western society is the answer,...but anybody who has a reasonable chance of living more than 20 more years needs to be lookin' at this place in the rearview mirror.

Got yourself a place to go? You don't have to say where in public. Just say you've actually got a country to move to where you won't be more pizzed-off than you are in the States.
It's not so much that I'm pissed off,...it's just that I happen to exist in the period of time where America is "taken".

Anybody who finds themself here will be taken right along with it.

But keep on waving the flag and believing that it can't happen here,...when in fact,..it already has.
It's not so much that I'm pissed off,...it's just that I happen to exist in the period of time where America is "taken".

But keep on waving the flag and believing that it can't happen here,...when in fact,..it already has.
+1

I'm going to take that as a no, you don't have another country to head to while you have the US in your rearview mirror.

S'all right. I'm staying, too.

I'm staying because I'm too old to leave.

I don't know if you're old or stupid.

Tell what year you were born and I'll figure it out.

In that case, you won't mind telling the younger members of the 'Fire what country you think they might move to as an alternative to Taken USA.

You've thought it out, obviously.
Singapore is where the smart money is going.
http://money.msn.com/investing/latest.aspx?post=9852691a-8797-40d9-99ba-3ab1ffb5c242

What happened to Belize? I told you I'd gladly pay the fare..
I am to young to stay, to old to want to move and have no money to move so guess i am just S O L
I knew a man that said if J. Carter was elected president, he would leave the USA. J. Carter was elected and the man move to Australia, lived there for a few years and then moved to somewhere in S. America. All toll, he stayed gone for 18 years and lived in 5 different countries.

He returned to the US and said for all its faults, it was still the best country in the world to live in!
Originally Posted by Oldman2003
I knew a man that said if J. Carter was elected president, he would leave the USA. J. Carter was elected and the man move to Australia, lived there for a few years and then moved to somewhere in S. America. All toll, he stayed gone for 18 years and lived in 5 different countries.

He returned to the US and said for all its faults, it was still the best country in the world to live in!
That may not always be the case. The road ahead looks very bad.
Then scoot. It's not like you've made northern Florida any better. You and that kid Amanda would be a perfect combo.
I didn't watch the vid, and I have no idea who she is, and don't really care.
================

And still chose to voice your opinion, anyways. I'm the arbiter of what I decide to post. If you don't like it, tough schit.

In your quest to be the most popular girl in junior high, you would be better served to be less [bleep], and just be nicer to people.

Singapore???

Of all the places a quasi-libertarian would want to move that would be the last place I'd think. You can't fart in that place without getting arrested. It's very clean, there's no trash on the side of the roads because they'll beat you half to death if they catch you littering. The customs card they give you in your passport when you come in says in big letters at the top "The penalty for illegal drugs in Singapore is death". You definitely don't want to be trying to sneak any wacky backy into that place.

Plus, it's hotter than hell.
Blow me, retard. Your stupidity in not realizing your own hypocrisy must only be lost on you.

Your chickish whining is what's c-ish. If the heat is too much for you, go have some savage99 fun in the "miscellaneous" forum,d-bag.

PS...was that nice enough for you?
Plus Singapore is one big city. Not too much hunting and fishing. I suspect like most chinese countries, owning any guns is strictly illegal.
Gotta admit you are kinda "[bleep]" most of the time and never seem overly bright.
Originally Posted by RufusG
In your quest to be the most popular girl in junior high
Wow! That really pegs Bob perfectly. grin
Surprised you didn't use that awesome opportunity to post your 10,000th plus one, attaboy.

Saving it for something special like the next time some fangirl, 20 year old moves to avoid the police state,I guess.
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
I suspect like most chinese countries, owning any guns is strictly illegal.
"So, are you Chinese or Japanese?"

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Blackheart
Gotta admit you are kinda "[bleep]" most of the time and never seem overly bright.
laugh
You're like the little boy trying to find someone to open the locker to let you out.

Originally Posted by jorgeI

What happened to Belize? I told you I'd gladly pay the fare..

It was the Czech Republic,...

Lots of industry, culture,..fairly lenient gun laws.

The only drawback other than my age is,..I'd never be able to learn a slavic language.

Every word has a minimum of 14 syllables and half of them begin with "tz".

They're neither here nor there on vowels.

Somes words have 'em,...some don't.
Nah, come on Bristoe, I distinctly remember you wanting to go and live under a tree down in Belize...

Gun laws as lenient as most places in the US? And likely to stay lenient?

Not so many Jews as before WWII. I can see you liking that.
Originally Posted by tjm10025

Gun laws as lenient as most places in the US? And likely to stay lenient?

Not so many Jews as before WWII. I can see you liking that.

I really don't care to participate in a discussion with you.

You're stupid and boring.
Matta fack,..here's a good rule of thumb.

If I want to have a discussion with someone,..I'll address them first.

I don't have time for everybody.

You obviously do not know much about NZ.

smile

TFF
Originally Posted by JSTUART

Fill us in.

Fill us in.

For a hunter or fisherman it is heaven on a stick, the firearms laws are more than reasonable, and there are only about three kiwi's left in the place.

Down side is the number of Indians and other undesireables...and those of you that cannot go five minutes without running your fingers over a handgun will be sorely disappointed.
Originally Posted by wadevb1

smile

TFF

What's TFF is that Bristoe is not too old to leave, at all. Whatever pension he can cobble up will do him pretty well in the Czech Republic, land of the free.

He's not going because he doesn't really want to leave.
Housing, costs of food, costs of clothing, crime and job opportunities for outsiders are all matters of concern not just for folks today thinking of such a move but also for folks from Australia, Britain and the US who've been there for years and our desperate to leave as quickly as they possibly can.

Just Google pros and cons of living in NZ and read the comments of those who've BTDT on top of the opinion of the authors.
Yes, you know all about it...as usual.
laugh

===================

If reading comprehension weren't a major roadblock for you, you'd have seen I mentioned the pros and cons as stated by people who have been there, from the US, Europe and Australia.

You couldn't possibly believe one would make such a decision simply based on your opinion, do you?
I'd guess she's great in bed, dunno if I'm missing the point grin

Otherwise she was OK until the end where she talked about getting out of her student debt without paying it. Can't abide folks who wont live up to their word. I'd still do her tho.

He was cultured and polite in a way guys generally forget to be nowadays.

New Zealand has year-long working holiday visas? Cool.

I wonder if Australia does that too.

Birdwatcher
Sorry about that reach-around,attaboy from browneye. That had to knock your smart-assed confidence for a major loop.
Sorry about that reach-around,attaboy from browneye. That had to knock your smart-assed confidence for a major loop.

There is something wrong with you, isn't there?
NZ has its good points and like any country its faults, plenty of hunting and fishing , Bird shooting , You can have a fairly good lifestyle if you have a reasonable amount of money
Fuel is expensive but the country isn't that big either
Trout fishing is good
I shifted to OZ 26 years ago , don't regret it , You adapt to different ways
If i was to shift back , top end of the South island Would do me , or around Hawkes bay , Taupo area
What i saw of the US , there are plenty of spots i would live as well.
Everywhere has its good points and bad
You've noticed I don't suffer fools, I guess.

You put it up there smartass,now back it up. Speak of all the differences. Folks here don't pick a place to live solely upon their ability to carry guns while living there. And, if they did, your comment would shut them down rather quickly, don't you think?

Some must think of being able to afford it and feed their families too, ya' know?

Since you know all too well from a vacation or two, why don't you educate us?

Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
I'd guess she's great in bed, dunno if I'm missing the point grin

Otherwise she was OK until the end where she talked about getting out of her student debt without paying it. Can't abide folks who wont live up to their word. I'd still do her tho.

He was cultured and polite in a way guys generally forget to be nowadays.

New Zealand has year-long working holiday visas? Cool.

I wonder if Australia does that too.

Birdwatcher

We get a lot of people from over all over the world working here on visas, I believe that those who work here for an extended period have to work in a rural location for a period of time to meet the conditions on their visas, except Kiwis as they are pretty much Aussies anyway...our lot can come and go as we like if we are not career crooks.

This morning there were four 18yo European lass' sitting in the gutter of the hotel across the road, they were waiting for a local shearing contractor to pick them up for work to start at 7.30 am...at 9.45 am they were still sitting in the gutter waiting.
I could have told them that they will only get to work for that prick if they put out, and then they would be pushing [bleep] up hill to get their money out of him.

They obviously have no idea what the work entails, if they had they would have declined the offer.

There's lots wrong with him, but nothing that you would notice.
Like most good lawyers, he's open minded and well informed.

You put it up there smartass,now back it up. Speak of all the differences. Folks here don't pick a place to live solely upon their ability to carry guns while living there. And, if they did, your comment would shut them down rather quickly, don't you think?

Some must think of being able to afford it and feed their families too, ya' know?

Actually...I have just noticed that you are a [bleep], and not very interesting.

You just figure that out? grin
It took me a while as I generally don't have much to do with him, as I don't find him that interesting.

Actually...I have just noticed that you are a [bleep], and not very interesting.

==============

Answer the questions, smartass. Tell us about the value of the American dollar there, the crime rate, American's abilitiy to get work, the costs of food and clothing, shipping goods outside of the country,the costs of fuel, etc. Just simple normal questions folks would want to know before moving there, right? You shrugged off those concerns I raised for some reason.

Educate us. Plus one attaboys from some Florida lightweight doesn't get you anywhere. I've done my research for Costa Rica, Argentina,Belize Canada and the US. I'd love to hear your expert opinion on living in NZ.

Don't run away this time.
If you've got any questions on NZ ask away I'll try and answer them
Originally Posted by brianmac
How about Boob's questions above?
How about Boob's questions above?

==============

I guess he was waiting for a adult to answer the question.

================

Brian...Thank you.

If you could give me the straight up on crime, Americans being able to work, export/import, the value of American dollar long-term,the cost of housing,food and clothing etc.,I'd appreciate it. I've read forums involving folks from all over the world who've lived there and without question,every one speaks of it's beauty and the good folks who live there. Hell, I'd love to spend a month there each year. But,it seems if you're a outsider coming into the country,prospects for long term comfort and financial stability might be a troubling goal.

Below lies a few of those forum posts. I realize there are simply some disgruntled folks who choose to bitch regardless so I'll just give you a few comments which caught my attention as far as my life would be concerned. The beauty of your country and the opportunities for a outdoorsman isn't even at issue. It's a given, imo. Picking between NZ and Australia would be tough for any US city goat roper, such as myself,so you giving this US city boy the straight up is sincerely appreciated.

If you could either verify or refute the above and respond to those comments below, you'd be owed a favor I'd gladly repay some day.

====================

Eve � 156 weeks ago

If i can chime in, I am a Secondary schoolteacher, moved to the South Island on a trial basis, luckily did not give up my job or home in the states. NZ did not meet my expectations at all. I am going back to the states at the end of this month, almost ran out of money, cannot wait to get out of here. Where do I start? Even though my profession is on the "shortage skills" list, I was not even shortlisted for most teaching jobs, was not even considered. If there is only one qualified kiwi they will not hire a foreigner. They don't like almost anyone who is not a kiwi but especially Brits,Americans, and Asians. I did get a job but it did not meet the minimum wage threshold to qualify for the work visa; I therefore had to pay for my children to attend a public school for one term. The schools are academically behind those in the states. Students also have to pay for books, materials, lunches, supplies, projects, trips. There are numerous hidden costs; this is for everyone, regardless if you are a kiwi citizen, resident, or visa holder. Many items are extremely expensive such as books, electronics, clothing, shoes, meats, dairy, office supplies, furniture, fuel and travel, entertainment, the list goes on. I would say before you come make sure you have a job lined up, do as uch research as you can, and bring lots of money if you do come. Do not totally give up anything you have back home if possible so if it doesn't work out you can go back.

P.S. IslandMeg, I know exactly how you feel, I am going mad as well, cannot wait to get the heck out of here, what a costly experiment this was...

Oh my god! I understand everything you are said and think you are right on the button with it. I am a Kiwi born and bred but lived in the States for 10 years and have been back here for 3 years and loathe it.

It's such a struggle and everything you have said is so true. I agree that the beautiful landscape (if you in the South) does not make up for the struggle and lowered level of quality of life here.

I feel like I am on a sinking ship and as soon as I can sell my house I am back to the States so I can breathe again.

Thanks for this article. I have been going mad here.

For those of you dismayed by NZ, you might consider Australia, Canada. I am an Australian in NZ. I find Australia far safer, and even if the property is far more expensive, it is an asset which will appreciate because of the entrenched zoning laws and strong population growth. There are plenty of jobs in Australia, a range of climate types, friendly, relaxed, aspirational people. It is the 'land of milk and honey'. The only problem I think with Australia is the pernicious govt, much like the USA. It was enough to drive me to NZ, but probably not enough to keep me here.
Crime in NZ is significantly worse, its too windy in NZ, though I appreciate the rain/green hills and a little chill in the air. I feel I have exhausted myself in NZ...as just two small, under-developed islands. Whereas there is a continent in Australia, lots of parks, lots of walks, lots of roads, all well-maintained. NZ is very socialist...people happily struggle. I love the small town life, but it is limiting.
Buying into Sydney might challenge some people with less than $250,000 in savings, and even smaller cities are expensive. You might be compelled to live in the bible belt, places like Toowoomba, in which case its like NZ. There are prosperous rural towns, but the distances between cities is a great. Australia'a climate is the ultimate gift. Places like Sydney, Gold Coast (working class), Newcastle (still working class), Port Macquarie (a little country, unfriendly) are the best coastal places. My favourite town is Inverell, NSW. My favourite area of Sydney is Eastwood/Epping area. Don't ruin them!

Hi, Im a kiwi but have lived in the UK for the last 17 yrs, we moved back to Nz a year ago, with my 14yr old daughter. It took my daughter a few months to settle in and get used to the way they teach here but now she is settled she is doing really well and is a lot happier in her school work, they push her to better herself and try different things too, sho loves it here and doesn't want to go back. Ive found for myself and my wife, it took a while to get good jobs and we had to spend a lot more in this time than we thought, but now we are settled we are almost back to earning the same as we were in the uk. everything is done the hard way here which is frustrating, food is expensive. From talking to other new comers here the first year is really tough but if you make it through that time then you will never leave. Although Im a kiwi Ive been away for a long time and I find Kiwis a little naive and a bit sad and annoying at times, beautiful place, great lifestyle, but come for a holiday if you can first, Im giving it a couple of years and might go back to england

================

Brian...Thank you.

If you could give me the straight up on crime, Americans being able to work, export/import, the value of American dollar long-term,the cost of housing,food and clothing etc.,I'd appreciate it. I've read forums involving folks from all over the world who've lived there and without question,every one speaks of it's beauty and the good folks who live there. Hell, I'd love to spend a month there each year. But,it seems if you're a outsider coming into the country,prospects for long term comfort and financial stability might be a troubling goal.

Below lies a few of those forum posts. I realize there are simply some disgruntled folks who choose to bitch regardless so I'll just give you a few comments which caught my attention as far as my life would be concerned. The beauty of your country and the opportunities for a outdoorsman isn't even at issue. It's a given, imo. Picking between NZ and Australia would be tough for any US city goat roper, such as myself,so you given this US city boy the straight up is sincerely appreciated.

If you could either verify or refute the above and respond to those comments below, you'd be owed a favor I'd gladly repay some day.

You should pick NZ, we have enough opinionated parasitic solicitor filth here as it is.
They seem to have kept you out of prison.

The only drawback other than my age is,..I'd never be able to learn a slavic language.

Every word has a minimum of 14 syllables and half of them begin with "tz".

They're neither here nor there on vowels.

Somes words have 'em,...some don't.

I always said it's because they can't afford 'em. Crooked ass govenment keeps 'em all too broke.

Damn vowels are spendy, Vanna White gets $250/ea them sumbitches.

They seem to have kept you out of prison.

You need to try harder than that, no one has ever tried to put me in prison.
Typical of a solicitor though, everyone is your inferior, you are the pivot the world revolves upon, and your [bleep] does not stink.
News for you, you are viewed as being on the same rung as paedophiles, syphilitic whores, and politicians...which is apt for someone that lives off the misery of others.

Go on...send another pithy rejoinder my way, you low pathetic ill-mannered piece of crap.
What's a matter,junior? You run your mouth and thought you'd escape unscathed? Go back a few posts and you'll see where the "ill manners" originated between you and myself.

If you don't like it, tough schit, mate.
You attach too much importance to yourself halfwit...stick to your usual self aggrandising twaddle.
And do you really think your using "junior" on a 48 year old bloke is going to bring tears, next you be trying those all too popular "communist" or "democrat" tags.

Try at the least to be original.
Some of its a bit hard to answer as I've never lived in another country. I'm better at answering hunting questions. An american gunsmith friend thinks he would be better off in the states mainly due to our high taxes and housing costs.
Taxes are said to be 50% of income when you count all the hidden ones.We get a lot of social welfare.
Theres a govt immigration website but basically you need a preferred trade or lots of money.
We have crime here but I dont know what to compare it too. Im 64 and have only been the victim of a few minor burglaries in my life.
The average family has trouble saving money.Most people seem to get ahead by the rising equity in their houses.No capital gains tax yet.Hard for the young ones to get their first house though.
People here get disgusted with the government and well we should. We should have gotten disgusted with it a couple of generations back and done something about it. That's the worst thing about America is the ever intrusive noses of the government.

I've never heard of hardly anywhere that has better gun laws than we do. The politicos are trying hard to change that though and they want to know all about the guns we've already got.
I'm an airline pilot and have literally been all over the world many times (New Zealand is one of the few places I haven't been). There are plenty of places I've been that I've liked, but I've never come close to finding any place that I would prefer to the U.S. I get very disgusted with our government, with good reason as most here recognize. What EE says is true though, the gun laws are significantly worse EVERYWHERE. There is no other country that recognizes a God given right to own firearms, everybody else is behind us. As far as I'm concerned in any place where you can't own a firearm you're essentially a slave. We are the only place where you can be remotely free, not free enough for me mind you, but more free than any other place on earth by virtue of our firearms laws. We MUST not let the democrats take that away from us, if the second amendment falls then the rest of the constitution is worthless and the U.S.A. effectively ceases to exist.
Crow, you are correct in that it will an unmitigated disaster if you lot ever lose the right to own personal firearms, without your manufacturing base we will not have access to all the pretty toys for our firearms.

It is not just about firearms, it is also the manufacturing sector that is vitally important...and irreplaceable.
Crow, you are correct in that it will an unmitigated disaster if you lot ever lose the right to own personal firearms, without your manufacturing base we will not have access to all the pretty toys for our firearms.

It is not just about firearms, it is also the manufacturing sector that is vitally important...and irreplaceable.
You're just one guy and I don't mean to bag on you...but why didn't y'all keep your own firearms rights? I mean, I hear lots of foreigners both pro and anti gun talking about what we should and shouldn't do, but it would be a whole lot easier for us if we didn't have the anti's pounding us ceaselessly with stuff like, "no other country allows this".
Fair enough.

I voted, joined a political party, joined and was active in pro firearms advocacy organisations, joined the firearms clubs, went on the marches, went to the meetings, voted with my dollars, bitched at the politicians...and buried what I wanted.
Am currently trying my level best to motivate a few of the Yanks that talk a great deal but do not follow through.

In the end there were just not enough of us as the cities held the voting power.

Now...what are you doing?
If you ever get to visit , try whitebaiting, Hopefully catch a feed, into the pan , quick as possible and wash down with a nice beer
Bloody beauty
Hone, the moment I step onto NZ I will never be back to Australia...which is why I am currently avoiding the place.

An awful lot of the Maori fellas I shore with have invited me to stay with a shearing run provided, my ex-highway patrol mate has a farm there for me to hunt from as well.
I have ample opportunity.

Same reason I never went to France in my twenties...I would never have come back.
middle of winter might bring you back, Can be a cold wet miserable place. Nelson , Marlborough, Hawkes bay are worth a look
Get around there and have a look , What was the temptation in France? a bit of Fluff
Originally Posted by tjm10025
Originally Posted by wadevb1

smile

TFF

What's TFF is that Bristoe is not too old to leave, at all. Whatever pension he can cobble up will do him pretty well in the Czech Republic, land of the free.

He's not going because he doesn't really want to leave.

I was laughing at Bristoe's wit. I could care less about the topic matter.
Originally Posted by Hone
middle of winter might bring you back, Can be a cold wet miserable place. Nelson , Marlborough, Hawkes bay are worth a look
Get around there and have a look , What was the temptation in France? a bit of Fluff

My fathers family reside in France and citizenship is not an issue, at the time I was leaning toward the Legion...I elected to stay and be a husband, and have no regrets.

Tassie is where I have set my retirement sights.
An american gunsmith friend thinks he would be better off in the states mainly due to our high taxes and housing costs. Taxes are said to be 50% of income when you count all the hidden ones.
We get a lot of social welfare.
Theres a govt immigration website but basically you need a preferred trade or lots of money.
We have crime here but I dont know what to compare it too. Im 64 and have only been the victim of a few minor burglaries in my life.
The average family has trouble saving money.
Most people seem to get ahead by the rising equity in their houses. No capital gains tax yet. Hard for the young ones to get their first house though.

I expect crime, like everywhere, is local to where you live. For example, I don't know anywhere on earth is more dangerous than your average American inner city.

More to the point of this thread, I dunno how Amanda is going to feel when she gets her first paycheck and sees how much is gone to taxes. Short of them kicking in your door, hard to imagine the government being more intrusive than taking approximately half your income without your consent.

I expect New Zealand is about like England without as many immigrants and with far more hunting/fishing opportunities. Probably a very comfortable and safe place to live if you're satisfied with just a little.

What folks don't commonly get though, besides our firearms rights, is the tremendous professional freedom we still have here. For example I'm a teacher, but if I wanted to be one of them despised solicitors I could actually go to law school AND find employment in it; entirely switch careers in mid-stream.

I dunno anywhere else where that is as true.

The other thing is, ain't too many places where I can drive 3,000 miles and still be in my own country. In America I'm from NY, but I live in Hispanic South Texas. Don't like it? Then I can pick and choose anywhere, constrained only by my own economic choices.

The last is a REAL biggie, and folks don't realize how rare it is. In America, more'n anywhere else, folks really don't give a damn who your parents were. ANYONE can succeed here.

Birdwatcher

You should pick NZ, we have enough opinionated parasitic solicitor filth here as it is.
laugh You're on a roll. Cracking me up.
I'm too old to imigrate, so I'll have to settle on visiting!
Some of its a bit hard to answer as I've never lived in another country. I'm better at answering hunting questions. An american gunsmith friend thinks he would be better off in the states mainly due to our high taxes and housing costs.
Taxes are said to be 50% of income when you count all the hidden ones.We get a lot of social welfare.
The average family has trouble saving money.Most people seem to get ahead by the rising equity in their houses.No capital gains tax yet.Hard for the young ones to get their first house though.
You talked me into it? When's the next train to your country leave? grin

Just kidding. Thanks for the reply. smile

In the end there were just not enough of us as the cities held the voting power.
Sounds way too familiar.
Who is this female?

Jim

This a female?
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
People here get disgusted with the government and well we should. We should have gotten disgusted with it a couple of generations back and done something about it. That's the worst thing about America is the ever intrusive noses of the government.

I've never heard of hardly anywhere that has better gun laws than we do. The politicos are trying hard to change that though and they want to know all about the guns we've already got.

That's the biggest problem with it all the way I see it.

If the government had a scrap of care in the world about how free are we the people there would be NO gun laws save that original one which is supreme law of the land.

All the rest aren't laws, they're lies.
And the tellers of those lies, the supporters and defenders, and especially the enforcers of them, are LIARS!

Busted.
Red handed.
Anti-America, anti-freedom swine, one and all.

Originally Posted by Crow hunter
What EE says is true though, the gun laws are significantly worse EVERYWHERE. There is no other country that recognizes a God given right to own firearms, everybody else is behind us. As far as I'm concerned in any place where you can't own a firearm you're essentially a slave. We are the only place where you can be remotely free, not free enough for me mind you, but more free than any other place on earth by virtue of our firearms laws. We MUST not let the democrats take that away from us, if the second amendment falls then the rest of the constitution is worthless and the U.S.A. effectively ceases to exist.

Replaced by "The U.S."
A government that owns a country and a people, lock, stock, and barrel.

Blow me, retard. Your stupidity in not realizing your own hypocrisy must only be lost on you.

Your chickish whining is what's c-ish. If the heat is too much for you, go have some savage99 fun in the "miscellaneous" forum,d-bag.

PS...was that nice enough for you?

No hypocrisy (or whining) in asking nicely why you feel entitled to be a dick.

Just please don't make all the other mean girls pick on me, okay princess?
© 24hourcampfire