Home
Just reported on Fox.

Also http://wonderwall.msn.com/movies/an...my-in-ny-times-op-ed-piece-24886.gallery

Special applause for a still-beautiful, classy lady!

Had 87% chance of developing breast cancer (which had killed her mother). Surgery reduced the odds to 5%, doctors say. Let's hope that it's really 0%.

(And hope that she doesn't get dumped because of it, as Laura Ingraham was.)
At the end of the day, Celebs are just ordinary folks like the rest of us. I hope the surgery is a success and she recovers fully.

As a celeb, I would imagine she will be able to afford the best reconstructive surgery available, which might be more important for her as a woman as much as for her career..
Yawn..........
These days they can reconstruct breasts so you can hardly tell they're missing. I recently read about a young woman in her 20's who did the same thing. Her mother, grandmother, and sister all had breast cancer and the odds of her getting it were very high.
Smart lady!

Big move by a gal but a smart one in my opinion.

Don't much care for her but she has newfound respect from me for making a hard choice like that.
Brad is disappointed he said that it's the Pitts
I actually like Angelina. She (and Brad) have put their money where their mouth is when it comes to helping distressed children all over the world. I suspect that most of what they contribute both time and money wise never hits the news. She/they have genuinely big hearts and I like them for that. I hope for the best for her after this decision.
My wife and I know a doctor that had the same surgery. She was tested for the gene and it was positve so she had the surgery and reconstruction. Very pretty lady and a great doctor.
Is this true, or another celebrity hoax 'news flash'? Some famous actor keeps dying in a car crash, or something or other.
I hope the doc had the foresight to save those babies and have 'em taxidermied. wink
Angelina Jolie is no libtard. I wish her well.
A close friend, whose mother died of breast cancer, recently did the same thing. She explained that it was far better to have the surgery on her terms and at a time she chose, than to have to have it later when cancer appeared, and to then have to follow it up, in all likelhood, with chemo or radiation therapy. Plus, for a mother to do it for the benefit of her young kids is a beautiful thing. Mommy will be around a while.
Originally Posted by toltecgriz
Angelina Jolie is no libtard. I wish her well.

yes, and she's a gun owner, too. Wishing her a speedy recovery.
Fear-2; Angelina-0

I completely understand her rationale, but I think that very close attention and regular exams to catch any developments early would have been the wiser option.
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Fear-2; Angelina-0

I completely understand her rationale, but I think that very close attention and regular exams to catch any developments early would have been the wiser option.
Although I understand the proactive comments, I have to agree with you Rocky. Seems like getting your tits cut off just because some doctors says you have a 87% chance of Breast Cancer seems pretty extreme. Then again, she's always done stuff pretty extreme anyway.
Fear-2; Angelina-0

Some aggressive forms of breast cancer are already widespread when the lumps are large enough to be detected.

She made the choice that was right for her.

Cancer-0, Peace of Mind-winner

P
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Fear-2; Angelina-0

Although I understand the proactive comments, I have to agree with you Rocky. Seems like getting your tits cut off just because some doctors says you have a 87% chance of Breast Cancer seems pretty extreme. Then again, she's always done stuff pretty extreme anyway.

An 87% chance of getting cancer is pretty darned extreme. I can't fault her measures, especially with all the kids she has to look out for.
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
Just reported on Fox.

Also http://wonderwall.msn.com/movies/an...my-in-ny-times-op-ed-piece-24886.gallery

Had 87% chance of developing breast cancer (which had killed her mother). Surgery reduced the odds to 5%, doctors say. Let's hope that it's really 0%.

Very brave

Snake
I hope her the best , she has always been my Fantasy Movie Star
My older sister had the same thing done 4 years ago.
Smart move on AJ's part....
Originally Posted by Pete E
At the end of the day, Celebs are just ordinary folks like the rest of us. I hope the surgery is a success and she recovers fully.

As a celeb, I would imagine she will be able to afford the best reconstructive surgery available, which might be more important for her as a woman as much as for her career..

Christina Applegate had the same thing several years ago, I am sure to was very hard at first but she seems to be doing okay now. I wish her well.
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Fear-2; Angelina-0

An 87% chance of getting cancer is pretty darned extreme. I can't fault her measures, especially with all the kids she has to look out for.
Dang, it bleeped tits out.

Anyways, I don't fault her measures or decision exactly, I just question basing it on one doctor's assertion that she had an 87% chance. I'd reckon that ain't all there is to it, but that's kinda the way the article read when I looked at it last night. FWIW whoever asked about it being a hoax, that's what I thought at first too. Evidently it's not.

I wish her all the best. I wouldn't even wish cancer on a POS like Obama.
Write teats, not tits.
Fleet average rack, just as long as she doesn't mess with those lips...
Originally Posted by temmi
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
Just reported on Fox.

Very brave
Snake

I agree, and to blast the news to the world.

I wonder if any man would have their nuts cut off if they suspected they may get testicular cancer?

Smart choice. Seems like a grown up decision for a mother of 5.
Can't imagine I would act very normal if I had their money
and people treated me like royalty.
Hope I could, but we will never know! smile

jcc

My mother in law was 78 when she found out she has cancer.

She told the docs to take it off,when told about the chemo and other treatments,she did the one that did it in a week.

They have found out it has spread everywhere.

She was 80 when she was told.

That woman is some kind of strong,she told them she would not do anything more because she did not want to live to be 100 and not be able to do anything.

I love that gal.
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Fear-2; Angelina-0

Here mother died when she was only 10 years older then Angolina is now. I'm sure that death is very real to her and significantly seperates this situation from one of "just a doctors opinion". Of couse with her resources there no reason to expect she was relying on the opinion of just one person.

I hope the rebuild goes well for her and we get to see the new twins soon.
Fear-2; Angelina-0

Really? You own guns based on the 0.05% chance of an intruder and think avoiding an 87% probability of death by cancer is extreme?

You've obviously never seen someone die from breast cancer.

Angelina Jolie made a very rational and mature medical decision. It was also a brave decision.

Shooter? Oh heck yes. I've met industry folks who knew Jolie and loved her gunny attitude and that includes her wedding present: Brad gave her a shooting range!!!!!

http://www.outdoorlife.com/blogs/ne...a-jolie-400k-shooting-range-wedding-gift

By the way, she does all of her own movie stunts. Personally, I never miss an Angelina Jolie action movie.

I've met her father, John Voight, and shared a couple of hours of fascinating conversation with him. He is a straight-up guy who hates any form gun-control legislation and is convinced that Obama is a dirty Marxist.

John and I shared other views; he is a devout Catholic ... my kinda guy grin

God Bless,

Steve

Originally Posted by David_Walter
Fear-2; Angelina-0

Really? You own guns based on the 0.05% chance of an intruder and think avoiding an 87% probability of death by cancer is extreme?

You've obviously never seen someone die from breast cancer.

Friend Dave,

No kidding!!!

I've watched it and breast cancer is ugly.

I also say my friend Basil Bradbury, the editor of Petersen's, die from prostate cancer. Holy moly, that was horrible.

God Bless,

Steve

Friend Steve,

I watched my MIL die from breast cancer. One of the strongest and most beautiful women I've ever been blessed to know. Courage to the end, but the end came, and it was ugly.

"Only a fool fights in a burning house."

Jolie made a smart call, but she's not out of the woods. The gene she tested positive for is associated with both breast and ovarian cancer, according to the news reports.

Her mother died at 57 of ovarian cancer. Don't know if Jolie is contemplating a preemptive hysterectomy, but I wouldn't be surprised.
Originally Posted by dogzapper

Angelina Jolie made a very rational and mature medical decision. It was also a brave decision.

Shooter? Oh heck yes. I've met industry folks who knew Jolie and loved her gunny attitude and that includes her wedding present: Brad gave her a shooting range!!!!!

http://www.outdoorlife.com/blogs/ne...a-jolie-400k-shooting-range-wedding-gift

By the way, she does all of her own movie stunts. Personally, I never miss an Angelina Jolie action movie.

I've met her father, John Voight, and shared a couple of hours of fascinating conversation with him. He is a straight-up guy who hates any form gun-control legislation and is convinced that Obama is a dirty Marxist.

John and I shared other views; he is a devout Catholic ... my kinda guy grin

God Bless,

Steve

Yes, a very wise decision. But not an easy one
Originally Posted by tjm10025
Jolie made a smart Don't know if Jolie is contemplating a preemptive hysterectomy, but I wouldn't be surprised.

Radio said that is coming next. She is tough for certain.

I wonder if Obamacare (or any insurance plan) would pay for this sort of preemptive treatment? I bet not.
Heard it on the radio on the way to work this morning. Unbelievable that any woman would do that preventatively.
Fear-2; Angelina-0

That's not a very smart attitude. The genetics behind this are very well understood, if a woman tests positive for these genes it's just a matter of time before she comes down with cancer. It's not a matter of if, it's when. Cancer screening is actually pretty primitive, relying upon it to catch everything when you've already been told you're going to get it is playing with fire. She made the only logical choice, your method would almost certainly have her dealing with cancer treatment within the next 20 years.

My mom died of cancer at 62. My wife's best friend died 2 months ago from breast cancer at 46, she was a health nut who kept up with all the recommended screenings, they didn't catch it in time. Knowing that you're going to get it and not taking preventative measures is dumb, real dumb.
An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, eh, Crow hunter? I agree. Esp. with the big C
Kudos for blasting it out to the world. Listened to one of the women on the radio last night who's family was used to find the gene in question. A sad list of women ancestors who had all died way too young.... The gal was choking up when she was asked about Angelina's choice to go public. It was obviously personal to her, and she was incredibly grateful for the exposure.

The testing itself isn't cheap, but that will surely come down over time.

No kids should grow up without their grand mother around.
Originally Posted by BrentD
An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, eh, Crow hunter? I agree. Esp. with the big C
I'm not arguing against her decision but I just gotta say, them puppies weighed way more than an ounce and they were awesome.
Originally Posted by Dutch
Kudos for blasting it out to the world. Listened to one of the women on the radio last night who's family was used to find the gene in question. A sad list of women ancestors who had all died way too young.... The gal was choking up when she was asked about Angelina's choice to go public. It was obviously personal to her, and she was incredibly grateful for the exposure.

The testing itself isn't cheap, but that will surely come down over time.

No kids should grow up without their grand mother around.
Dude you forgot Obamacare. The commies want to control all of your health through healthcare and eventually determine whether you live or die.
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Unbelievable that any woman would do that preventatively.

Given your vast knowledge of medicine - you've been generous in sharing it with us - I'm surprised that you find it unbelievable.

I'm waiting for a matched pair of boobs to show up on Ebay.

Jim
Brave move, took courage, yes, all that and more.

However, lest we overlook the sadness here in our accolades of Ms. Jolie's difficult decision, I would like to share a moment of silence for the dearly departed.

My "flag" will remain at half staff for several minutes in their honor.

Left and right, RIP. frown

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Sorry, TRH, after watching several friends die of prostate cancer, if MY PDA was high and going up, I'd cut that little gland out with a sharp George Herron knife. And if the Herron was not available, I'd use a dull spoon ... nothing is worth that death.

Angelina Jolie has guts and wisdom.

God Bless,

Steve

Now, if only she would lose those tattoos.

I ain't seen 'em all yet.
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Yawn..........

Must be catching as that is my reaction as well.
Tough but wise decision and its like i told a gal that had one removed. I told her i was there for the main course not the snacks. Made her smile. ED K
Have you seen the movie Beowulf? Jolie played Grendel's mother. It's a computer animated version with the people redone as sort of cartoon characters.

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by arkypete
I'm waiting for a matched pair of boobs to show up on Ebay.

Jim

They were not exactly matched. The right one was just a bit bigger. wink

Originally Posted by David_Walter

I ain't seen 'em all yet.

Me neither, darn it!

I have about forty hours of tattoos on my hide and so does Karen, my wifey of 49 years. If you choose them perfectly and have a fine artist apply them, tattoos are something to enjoy for the rest of your life.

I love mine and Karen loves the heck out of hers.

If other folks don't like them, that is totally their problem.

God Bless,

Steve

Originally Posted by EvilTwin
I actually like Angelina. She (and Brad) have put their money where their mouth is when it comes to helping distressed children all over the world. I suspect that most of what they contribute both time and money wise never hits the news. She/they have genuinely big hearts and I like them for that. I hope for the best for her after this decision.

classy post from a classy guy

damn how many beers am I gonna owe this guy? shocked
My 32-year old cousin had the same procedure done.
With 2 small boys at home she wasn't about to take any chances.
She's recovered well and the reconstructive surgery has restored her beauty and confidence.
© 24hourcampfire