Home
Posted By: ppine Assaulted yesterday - 07/03/13
Our society continues to deteriorate. Civility and politeness continue to decline as evidenced by many people's behavior on this forum.

Yesterday I was having lunch in a small Thai restaurant in Reno on the way home from the lake. Two guys were drinking a little at 1400 and started to get loud and dropping f-bombs and using really coarse language. There were several women within earshot. I waited about 25 minutes and it got worse. I very politely asked the guys if they wouldn't mind lowering the voices a little and consider the females. Big mistake. One guy just took the opportunity to start a fight instantly.

My friend and I are in our 60s, but both around 220 pounds. We had no animosity towards this guy. He was obviously a skilled fighter and about 30 yo. I took one glancing blow to the nose. My buddy got a black eye and a knot on his head. I fended the guy off with a chair. They left when the restaurant hostess called the cops.

The guys was on a stimulant like meth. He threatened to kill us. If I had a piece on me,I probably would have shot him. I had a pistol in my truck. There is a whole host of things that usaully happen to people that shoot someone in self-defense and the outcome is rarely good.

This whole thing was pointless and happened fast. It could have been so much worse. I have learned not to expect people to be reasonable. The new America we are in is a scary place. Please remember that.

I am still in shock. Lots of you will have strong opinions on this one.
Posted By: Rancho_Loco Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/03/13
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.......
Posted By: RyanTX Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/03/13
Originally Posted by ppine
There is a whole host of things that usaully happen to people that shoot someone in self-defense and the outcome is rarely good.

I would consider still being alive as good. Glad it wasn't a situation where you would have had to use to to still be here, but you sure weren't prepared if it had come to that.

On the topic of civility, it seems to have gone by the wayside in many parts of the country a long time ago.

Oh, and you're still a douche (how's that for civility?)
Posted By: gitem_12 Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/03/13
That new America you describe is courtesy of folks who vote like you
Posted By: achildofthesky Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/03/13
Kind of a not good idea to post your thoughts and feelers now a days.
Posted By: oldtrapper Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/03/13
Originally Posted by gitem_12
That new America you describe is courtesy of folks who vote like you

Yeah, how dare you judge language and behavior!
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco

what's the world like when you are the shining center of all that happens, get your head on straight. I have a dad who's in his 60's if some meth head punched him in his face it would be big news and reason for concern. The term is called empathy it comes before the word jaded in the dictionary.

Glad to hear the OP is ok and it turned out better than it surely could have, the world is a crazy place.

MM
I wasnt replying to rancho. It was directed to peepine
Posted By: ppine Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/03/13
If these are the new rules:

Rancho loco, [bleep] you.
Ryan, [bleep] you.
Gitem, [bleep] you.
old trapper, [bleep] you.
Posted By: arkypete Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/03/13
It would have been more productive to call the police on your cell phone.
Something to consider, the foul mouth and loud course language could have just as easily come from females and they would have started throwing punches also.

Jim
Posted By: oldtrapper Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/03/13
Hmmmmm, sounds kinda like the boys you reported. ;-{>8
Originally Posted by mitchellmountain

what's the world like when you are the shining center of all that happens, get your head on straight. I have a dad who's in his 60's if some meth head punched him in his face it would be big news and reason for concern. The term is called empathy it comes before the word jaded in the dictionary.

Glad to hear the OP is ok and it turned out better than it surely could have, the world is a crazy place.

MM

The OP is an idiot, and I couldn't be less concerned for his attention whore story.
Posted By: prairie_goat Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/03/13
Ryan, [bleep] you.
Gitem, [bleep] you.

You realize women and children read this forum, right?
Posted By: APDDSN0864 Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/03/13

Ryan, [bleep] you.
Gitem, [bleep] you.

So you and your friend take offense at the use of offensive language by a couple of doped up idiots, then you use the same language here against people who don't like you?

Double standard, no?

This is a public site. Quite a few lurkers here who are minors, ladies, and others who don't care for that language, either.

Ed
Originally Posted by arkypete
Something to consider, the foul mouth and loud course language could have just as easily come from females and they would have started throwing punches also.

Jim

Really?

Now we are supposed to call the police everytime someone is speaking too loud in a restraunt?
Posted By: bea175 Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/03/13
When you are a older man dealing with younger men who are drinking , you should always be prepared if you are going to confront them, especially in a public place because if they back down from you in front of people you have damaged their ego . You set your self up for this one, if you aren't prepared to defend yourself stay in your seat and keep your mouth shut . Next time don't go to a fight empty handed . I bet the younger guy voted for Obama to
Posted By: milespatton Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/03/13
So you started some schit and got you and your buddy an ass kicking. You have to think about consequences when you start something. It might be worth it and it might not. Your call. miles
Posted By: heavywalker Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/03/13
Maybe you will take the lesson and keep your [bleep] opinions to yourself next time.
Posted By: rlott Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/03/13
And the take-away here is - call the cops 'before' you confront two tweekers half your age.
Bea. Quick reply?
Big difference starting something in real life , instead of on the Campfire . Keyboard argument sure done hurt the body as a Face2Face does
Posted By: Jim in Idaho Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/03/13
20/20 hindsight -

Should'a called the cops to report a public disturbance.

The cops would have shot both of them and their dogs.

Problem solved.
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by arkypete

Jim

Really?

Now we are supposed to call the police everytime someone is speaking too loud in a restraunt?

Maybe notifying the wait staff and/or manager would have been a more productive place to start

Also, guns in trucks don't protect us much when we're indoors. A big reason I gave up drinking was so that I could carry in a bar/restaurant.

Being alive sounds like a good outcome here, however.

FC
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864

Ryan, [bleep] you.
Gitem, [bleep] you.

So you and your friend take offense at the use of offensive language by a couple of doped up idiots, then you use the same language here against people who don't like you?

Double standard, no?

This is a public site. Quite a few lurkers here who are minors, ladies, and others who don't care for that language, either.

Ed

Ed, I. Think we could call this liberal hypocricy
Posted By: DocRocket Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/03/13
ppine, that sounds like a real charlie-foxtrot of a situation. I'm glad you and your buddy didn't end up in worse shape, but I believe you could have and should have handled the situation differently.

You were in a restaurant/bar, which means the responsibility for keeping the peace is on the management's head. You should have complained to the management about the tweakers, and let them handle it. If the management doesn't handle it, leave.

I learned a long time ago and you probably should've yourself: loudmouth people who are drinking shouldn't be messed with unless you're confident you can take them down in a hurry.
Posted By: Raeford Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/03/13

Ryan, [bleep] you.
Gitem, [bleep] you.

Hey-it's a start. Maybe PP's are starting to descend. grin
Posted By: tndrbstr Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/03/13
The guys was on a stimulant like meth.

Just curious how you deduced this bit of info?
Posted By: gemby58 Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/03/13

Ryan, [bleep] you.
Gitem, [bleep] you.

Now that was uncalled for!
Posted By: 2legit2quit Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/03/13
Glad 2 hear u guys r ok. Gonna be problematic 4 me as I get older (55 this year)
I don't suffer fools gladly, but I'm normally pretty well prepared for things to go south in a hurry if I have to confront said fool
Posted By: crossfireoops Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/03/13
I took one glancing blow to the nose.

Rub Windex on it,

....and GFY.

GTC
Posted By: gunner500 Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/03/13
Originally Posted by bea175
When you are a older man dealing with younger men who are drinking , you should always be prepared if you are going to confront them, especially in a public place because if they back down from you in front of people you have damaged their ego . You set your self up for this one, if you aren't prepared to defend yourself stay in your seat and keep your mouth shut . Next time don't go to a fight empty handed . I bet the younger guy voted for Obama to

I'll have to adjust my tactics as I age, for now stern stares do the trick.

Gunner
Originally Posted by crossfireoops

Rub Windex on it,

....and GFY.

GTC [/quote]

laugh laugh laugh laugh, damnit, laughed so hard I popped my neck. laugh

Gunner
Posted By: roundoak Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/03/13

Ryan, [bleep] you.
Gitem, [bleep] you.

Double standard, no?

Ed

Have you called any other fire members on the use bad language?

Wayne
Posted By: gemby58 Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/03/13

Rub Windex on it,

....and GFY.

GTC

Im beginning to think that ppine isent like very much on here

Hypocrisy, period.

I'm about ppine's age and have learned that I am not bulletproof. Not knowing ppine's history, I cannot speak to his fighting ability, but I can speak to mine.

The confrontation of two loud, obnoxious, under-the-influence, younger men, requires some forethought and having a plan.

Neither were evident by ppine's OP. I'm glad he and his pal were not seriously injured as it could have been much, much worse.
I would hope that, if he HAD been carrying his pistol, he would have not been so quick to confront the two miscreants since he would have turned this into a gunfight.

ppine and his pal made a couple of crucial errors. They thought they could talk "with" two, under-the-influence men, not talk "to" them. As you have learned, you don't talk "with" intoxicated persons, you talk "to" them, or "at" them, depending on their level of intoxication.
They also did not anticipate the confrontation going physical.

Ed
Even if you are armed and you confront two men who are just being loud in a restaurant or bar and you start it, then shoot one or both , then you had better not drop the soap to often in the prison shower or you won't need a laxative to take a dump
Originally Posted by mitchellmountain

MM

The OP is an idiot, and I couldn't be less concerned for his attention whore story.

I stand corrected, based upon OP's responses.
Posted By: tex_n_cal Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/03/13
Our society continues to deteriorate. Civility and politeness continue to decline as evidenced by many people's behavior on this forum.

Yesterday I was having lunch in a small Thai restaurant in Reno on the way home from the lake. Two guys were drinking a little at 1400 and started to get loud and dropping f-bombs and using really coarse language. There were several women within earshot. I waited about 25 minutes and it got worse. I very politely asked the guys if they wouldn't mind lowering the voices a little and consider the females. Big mistake. One guy just took the opportunity to start a fight instantly.

My friend and I are in our 60s, but both around 220 pounds. We had no animosity towards this guy. He was obviously a skilled fighter and about 30 yo. I took one glancing blow to the nose. My buddy got a black eye and a knot on his head. I fended the guy off with a chair. They left when the restaurant hostess called the cops.

The guys was on a stimulant like meth. He threatened to kill us. If I had a piece on me,I probably would have shot him. I had a pistol in my truck. There is a whole host of things that usaully happen to people that shoot someone in self-defense and the outcome is rarely good.

This whole thing was pointless and happened fast. It could have been so much worse. I have learned not to expect people to be reasonable. The new America we are in is a scary place. Please remember that.

You and your friend were physically assaulted. Did you get his license number? Talk to the police? File a complaint?

Or did you make up the whole story? smirk
Posted By: LeroyJenkins Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/03/13
Sorry to hear about the tomfoolery. Rule #1 is to always have a gun
Originally Posted by gunner500

Gunner

stares work, especially with that Springfield 1911 stuck in your belt
Call Holder, HE'S YOUR man!!
Posted By: temmi Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/03/13

I wanted to increase my post count

+1
Posted By: elkhunternm Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/03/13

Rub Windex on it,

....and GFY.

GTC
Thanks a lot,now I have to use Windex on the computer screen. laugh
Posted By: northern_dave Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/03/13
Originally Posted by gemby58

He's not.

And there is no good way to fix the issue he was having with the mouthy crack heads. Not with words anyways.

If you are able and willing to walk up to that table, grab a guy by his head with both hands and smash his face into the table, then walk outside and wait for him to come out. Don't say a word, just crush his nose between his skull and the table, and walk outside. Then woop some ass when they come out.

Be a good idea to pay your bill first though, with cash, no check or credit card. Once you've got them piled up and leaking fluids in the parking lot, get in your car and leave.

If you are not bothered enough to take those kind of actions or if you are not physically capable of taking those actions, then just stay in your seat.
Posted By: ratsnakeboogy Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/03/13
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
20/20 hindsight -

Problem solved.

Coke geyser through the nose! TFF.
PP, After the trial Zimmerman will be teaching class on what to do if punched in the face by a Younger Man , sign up now for the first class .

Hypocrisy, period.

I'm about ppine's age and have learned that I am not bulletproof. Not knowing ppine's history, I cannot speak to his fighting ability, but I can speak to mine.

The confrontation of two loud, obnoxious, under-the-influence, younger men, requires some forethought and having a plan.

Neither were evident by ppine's OP. I'm glad he and his pal were not seriously injured as it could have been much, much worse.
I would hope that, if he HAD been carrying his pistol, he would have not been so quick to confront the two miscreants since he would have turned this into a gunfight.

ppine and his pal made a couple of crucial errors. They thought they could talk "with" two, under-the-influence men, not talk "to" them. As you have learned, you don't talk "with" intoxicated persons, you talk "to" them, or "at" them, depending on their level of intoxication.
They also did not anticipate the confrontation going physical.

Ed

If I had a piece on me,I probably would have shot him.

Stupid, irresponsible, inflammatory blithering, that. Does nothing for the cause.

Lots of you will have strong opinions on this one.

This azzwhole's TROLLING (again)

GTC

Gunner

stares work, especially with that Springfield 1911 stuck in your belt

Went to a college baseball game up in Fayetteville this Spring, four early/mid twenty something dudes were seated to my left, noticed the foul language increasing and could tell Wifey was growing uncomfortable with it. [She's a good church Lady]

I ask Wifey for the bag of roasted peanuts from her purse, I began eating the peanuts whole, grinding up the hull and all while staring at the young men, heard on of em say, oh chit, "KONG"

Didn't hear another foul mouthed word the rest of the afternoon, and Wifey resumed enjoying the ballgame.

Gunner
Posted By: MontanaMarine Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/03/13

Well ppine, the way you carry on here on the forum, I'm not surprised at all.

In fact I'll bet the other guys story of how/what happened would be funny as hell.
Posted By: Bricktop Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/03/13

You went through all that for a pudding cup?
You are the man that is for sure and only second to LtPowell
Posted By: JOG Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/03/13
Originally Posted by northern_dave
If you are not bothered enough to take those kind of actions or if you are not physically capable of taking those actions, then just stay in your seat.

In other words, "Don't let your mouth write a check that your azz can't cash."

Ppine shoots off his mouth and his 'friend' takes the worst of it while Ppine hides behind the furniture. Sweet deal there.

An ole worn out shot up banged up man. cry

And the good Lt. said I was two of 'em. laugh

Gunner

Gunner

It also doesn't hurt that you bear a strong resemblance to an pale-face Hulk. grin

Ed
Tell your old lady to lay off you and quit banging you so hard .
Note to self: in addition to CCW pistol, extra mags, flashlight, and knife, ALWAYS carry a bag of peanuts to be chewed slowly and whole while giving rude people the hairy eyeball...

Thanks for that great tip, gunner!!
wink
LMAO laugh

Gunner
Originally Posted by roundoak

Ryan, [bleep] you.
Gitem, [bleep] you.

Double standard, no?

Ed

Have you called any other fire members on the use bad language?

Wayne

Yup. You calling folks out for posting what's on their mind?

Ed
Originally Posted by DocRocket
Note to self: in addition to CCW pistol, extra mags, flashlight, and knife, ALWAYS carry a bag of peanuts to be chewed slowly and whole while giving rude people the hairy eyeball...

wink

Yo welcome Doc, did I mention the great fiber benefits of eating whole peanuts in the shell? eek shocked cry ouch!!!!!

Gunner
Tell your old lady to lay off you and quit banging you so hard .

UH-UHHH. grin

Gunner

wink

Yo welcome Doc, did I mention the great fiber benefits of eating whole peanuts in the shell? eek shocked cry ouch!!!!!

Gunner

Addendum to note to self: make sure to chew them peanuts reallyreally well...
eek
LOL, show nuff. grin

Gunner
Posted By: Ken Howell Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/03/13
� The OP is an idiot, and I couldn't be less concerned for his attention whore story.

If posting one's experience or opinion here makes one an "attention whore," ____________________
Posted By: plainsman456 Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/03/13
Where was his nun-chucks?

Makes one wonder.
Posted By: badger Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/03/13

Rub Windex on it,

....and GFY.

GTC

Haaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!
It is now "crystal" clear what the world is really like in the US. I am can now stay in my seat and keep my mouth shut. Now I can get a concealed carry permit.

Let the import of those sentences sink for a minute.

I am glad so many people are having fun with this incident. I think it is a turning point in my life. My ethics are dated and not appropriate. I would like to thank roughly half the people that have responded to this thread and helped me see the light.
Let's hear what rancho pico did yesterday worth talking about.
It is now "crystal" clear what the world is really like in the US. I am can now stay in my seat and keep my mouth shut. Now I can get a concealed carry permit.

I am glad so many people are having fun with this incident. I think it is a turning point in my life. My ethics are dated and not appropriate. I would like to thank roughly half the people that have responded to this thread and helped me see the light.
Posted By: RogueHunter Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/03/13
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
20/20 hindsight -

Problem solved.

Excellent - made this post worth while.

Yep.

If you're a ninja, you won't need a concealed carry permit. You won't need to take any [bleep] either. You'll be a badass when you're eating your pudding cup.

Your future.
Posted By: ribka Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/03/13
Your problem is you think and go through life, approach situations based upon your emotions and good intentions ( like a teenage girl or liberal metrosexual male college student) and not use logical thought.

life ain't like a pre written Hollywood script. Use your frigging head. At your age you would think you would have wised up a bit.

Did you even consider or discuss a back up plan with yer partner before approaching methed up drunk a holes?

Posted By: 44magtrapper Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/03/13
ppine, that sounds like a real charlie-foxtrot of a situation. I'm glad you and your buddy didn't end up in worse shape, but I believe you could have and should have handled the situation differently.

You were in a restaurant/bar, which means the responsibility for keeping the peace is on the management's head. You should have complained to the management about the tweakers, and let them handle it. If the management doesn't handle it, leave.

I learned a long time ago and you probably should've yourself: loudmouth people who are drinking shouldn't be messed with unless you're confident you can take them down in a hurry.

I have to agree with Doc on this one. By entering someone's business you are in some ways enter a contract of social behavior with them; behavior which you will obey and you expect them to enforce. By speaking with management you send two signals that you are a civilized person and second you will not tolerate such behavior. If they do nothing and it continues to offend you, leave. We live in and age when people are more tolerant of dishonorable behavior than confrontation, the more you do that the less you will find people on your side.

Due to a service related disability I am forced to ride the us instead of driving and I daily come across such behavior, it is disheartening to see our society devolving into chaos but the bus system can't do anything about it and I have seen riders thrown off the bus for "starting trouble."

In that same time though I have been assaulted four times, due to several years of Krav Maga training the worst I have walked away with has been a torn shirt and all "encounters" have been very short and thankfully one sided. I highly recommend Krav Maga as a good consideration as our society crumbles around us, especially one that teaches you to recognize, prepare and if possible to avoid conflict and how to properly communicate to your attacker and witness as well as the police once (if) they arrive. When I was a teaching assistant we had many students your age that not only found self-defense benefits but health benefits also.
Posted By: FVA Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/03/13
Doing the right thing can have consequences. Sounds like you and your pard made out well enough considering the age discrepancy.
Good for you.
Posted By: FVA Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/03/13
Would add others should of came to your aid.

And if the person[notice the omittion of man] you voted for president had two sons....
Posted By: CrowRifle Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/03/13

Rub Windex on it,

....and GFY.

GTC

Damn it Greg, I almost choked laughing so hard. Thanks!

I don't think anyone who seriously replied to your post advised you to "stay in [your] seat and shut up". Several of us with more than a little experience in dealing with drunken azzholes advised that we would not have done as you did without being prepared for a fight, which you clearly weren't. We also advised that you should have called on the management to handle the problem, as it's their responsibility.

I think it is a turning point in my life. My ethics are dated and not appropriate. I would like to thank roughly half the people that have responded to this thread and helped me see the light.

Your OP said very little about your ethics, dated or otherwise. However, your OP told us a great deal about your tactics, which were indeed quite inappropriate, and could have got you badly injured, imprisoned, or killed.

Posted By: rem141r Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/03/13
you should have ate, paid your bill and left. if they were just being drunk and obnoxious, it wasn't your business to defend women whom you don't know. thats the bar's problem. ya its nice to be chivalrous but common sense says a 60-something guy shouldn't approach a 30-something guy who is drinking and acting like a dick. you're lucky all you got was a roughing up. now if they were abusing me or my wife/kids, i'd done the same thing.
Posted By: Wtxj Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/03/13

I don't think anyone who seriously replied to your post advised you to "stay in [your] seat and shut up". Several of us with more than a little experience in dealing with drunken azzholes advised that we would not have done as you did without being prepared for a fight, which you clearly weren't. We also advised that you should have called on the management to handle the problem, as it's their responsibility.

I think it is a turning point in my life. My ethics are dated and not appropriate. I would like to thank roughly half the people that have responded to this thread and helped me see the light.

Your OP said very little about your ethics, dated or otherwise. However, your OP told us a great deal about your tactics, which were indeed quite inappropriate, and could have got you badly injured, imprisoned, or killed.

Read that last line again PPline. Then move, maybe you can find somewhere you can fit in. Reno is too tough for you.
Posted By: Bristoe Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/03/13
The world is big and increasingly crazy.

If you venture out into it, you accept on it's own terms or be ready to impose yours.

Politely asking some obnoxious drunk to accept *your* terms is hardly ever a good idea.

I worked the door in a bar for two years back when I was young and didn't know the world.

I survived, but only because of the physical conditioning of a day job spent loading trucks and my own ignorance.

I don't make myself a participant in the world today.

I venture out into it, but I accept it as being somebody else's world.

It ceased to be mine a long, long time ago.
Posted By: Mink Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/03/13
Moral of this story: Don't let your mouth write checks your ass can't cash.

Glad it wasn't more serious.
I'm like you, i have gotten to old to be the hero to bunch of women sitting in a bar, who would probably put the drunk to shame when it comes to swearing . If no one is being killed then i will mine my own business. If someone is hurting a woman then the situlation has changed drastically and then i would intervene if the odds are in my favor and they may just be since I'm ARMED 24/7
It is comical and ironic to me when the liberal 'anything goes' policies that numbnuts like ppine and his kind espouse circle around and bite them on their as$. Hard.

I think the German term 'schadenfreude' aptly describes how I feel at the moment.
Originally Posted by Bristoe

If you venture out into it, you accept on it's own terms or be ready to impose yours.

Politely asking some obnoxious drunk to accept *your* terms is hardly ever a good idea.

I worked the door in a bar for two years back when I was young and didn't know the world.

I survived, but only because of the physical conditioning of a day job spent loading trucks and my own ignorance.

Good post!

It has never been my world. It has always been 'the world". I, too, grew up and realized that I had to enter it on it's terms, not mine.

That is a huge problem with American society. They think the world is like they believe it should be. It isn't. Never has been, never will be.

There is an extremely thin veneer of this "civilization" covering base human nature. Maintaining that veneer requires that everyone adapt to and behave in a way protect that veneer.
There are people who don't subscribe to that code. Sometimes it is just for a moment, sometimes it is the way they live their entire lives.

What we are seeing is the thinning of that veneer and even scratching through it at times. It will lift entirely in the future. That is what happens when civilizations collapse.

So, if you want to venture past your front door, you have to be willing and able to do what it takes to get back to that front door. Wishing it so won't make it happen.

Ed

Well said.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/03/13

sighhhh....Seminole, you wanna handle this ?

laugh
Posted By: Seminole39 Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/03/13
NGAF
lmfao
Posted By: ltppowell Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/03/13
Lots of you will have strong opinions on this one.

I do, in fact. Liberals are always victims and never know when to STFU.

double post, ugggg...I hate double posts

they shoulda broke your fingers too

Posted By: CCCC Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/03/13
None of this will be new or unusual to many folks, but maybe worth mentioning.

My thinking is that life itself, overall, essentially is a confrontation. Some experts believe that the best measure of intelligence is the degree to which a person is able to adapt to, and survive in, a given environment. That is, to confront threats, challenges, etc. sucessfully. I beleive that many of the most important and critical confrontations are with ourselves.

This way of thinking tells me that I have to, first, be solid in knowledge of the standards and rules by which I live, and then to know the degrees to which I will go in standing up for those. Much of the above I learned from my father and mother.

As an example pertinent to the original post, several times as a child and teen-ager I witnessed my father confront guys swearing in the presence of women and children (mostly at athletic events). At first he would talk to them quietly, explain his reason, and ask them to cease. Almost always they did as requested.

But, more than once, the swearer rebuffed the request and (basically) asked who was going to make him stop. My father told them that he would make the effort and that one of them would probably be badly hurt. That reply always ended the confrontation and the swearing stopped - even if grudgingly. Some of those guys called him "rabbit ears", but not to his face.

My wife and I raised four daughters and have confronted similar situations quite a few times. I always have done as my father did. That was the correct thing to do on the basis of a standard in my life. I always realized that such actions could have led to bigger events or injuries - but they never have. I feel that God has protected me and mine, but always was prepared for the fact that things could get physical. Such is the price of adhering to a standard. At times, it can become costly.

I agree with those who see that our society has degraded and changed for the worse, due to constant lowering of our standards, and also know that now - at my rather advanced age and in these worsened social conditions - such a confrontation could be very costly. The consequences are not fun to consider, but lowered standards do not make for a better person. What would I do today?

Just one more among the stream of confrontations in life.
Posted By: stuwest Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/03/13

ppine-
i'm sorry for what you went thru, but it is a sign of the times.

i lived in lima, peru when the govt fell. it was pretty tuff on the street. but what you went thru was commonplace.

i applaud you for confronting the Aholes, but going into that potential fight unarmed was naive. I'dhave gone to my truck and picked up two glocks (one for me and one for my buddy.) i suspect that just the sight of them drawn would have saved some of the pounding you took.

one of the things i learned in peru was that it's the cops job to clean up at most. even there i helped drag one DB out to the alley so the restaurant could reopen.

glad you made it thru and congrats for standing up for civility. don't stand up unarmed next time.

i hate taking fire unarmed.
Stuwest,
Thanks for the good thoughts. I have been to Lima and it is a rough town.

Lots of people are tough guys in front of a little screen in their mom's basement. There are some people on this thread though that seem to know what they are talking about.

If you do confront azzholes, how do you keep from shooting them? The interpretation of the law is still somewhat fuzzy when it comes to self-defense. I can't fathom the idea of prison time for doing the right thing.

What is a good plan when it comes to crazed buttheads? Please elaborate if you can. I get the idea loud and clear about having a plan and a backup plan. It seems too tempting to me put a hole in someone that really deserves it. Anyone one ever use pepper spray? It works on bears.
Posted By: tex_n_cal Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/03/13
Your & your friend were physically assaulted. Did you file a police report?
Posted By: ltppowell Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/03/13
If you do confront azzholes, how do you keep from shooting them?

Ain't no guarantees.
Stuwest,

If you do confront azzholes, how do you keep from shooting them?

Walk the world as if it's a circus sideshow.

Don't [bleep] with the sword swallowing midget clown.

If you lose,..you're dead,...if you win,..your prize is 25 years to life.
We filed a police report, because the guy will do it again.
There was one other male in the place, a big young guy that went outside. The police arrived late, but may have removed the threat of the guy going out to his truck for a weapon.

The logic stated that before a confrontation, no matter how seemingly polite and insignificant I should have gone out to the truck first and retreived the revolver. Absolute truth.

Bristoe,
Your logic is sound. Too many things to go wrong on both ends. That is why I am now in the shut up and stay seated school.

If you do confront azzholes, how do you keep from shooting in them?

sick
We filed a police report, because the guy will do it again.
There was one other male in the place, a big young guy that went outside. The police arrived late, but may have removed the threat of the guy going out to his truck for a weapon.

The logic stated that before a confrontation, no matter how seemingly polite and insignificant I should have gone out to the truck first and retreived the revolver. Absolute truth.

The police will consider you an idiot for stirrin' up chit with an obnoxious drunk.

If you had killed him,...your life would have been spent in a cell for two with a room-mate named Mustafa.

If you're as old as you say you are and still lack a clue, your best bet is staying home a lot.
Posted By: pahick Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/03/13
You shoulda kept your mouth shut. If you were offended, walk out or tell management and let them handle it. No need for a gun. Got your white knight ass handed to you and wanna whine about it.
We de-volve as a people minute by minute. Add to that a total loss of leadership and willingness to allow criminals to walk boldly out of incarceration due to funds diverted to lazy pukes which have no plans of ever being productive citizens and that de-evolution picks up steam.
Posted By: fat_daddy Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/03/13
Originally Posted by Raeford
We de-volve as a people minute by minute. Add to that a total loss of leadership and willingness to allow criminals to walk boldly out of incarceration due to funds diverted to lazy pukes which have no plans of ever being productive citizens and that de-evolution picks up steam.
NGAF
If you're as old as you say you are and still lack a clue, your best bet is staying home a lot.

Spot on. Priceless.
Posted By: nathanial Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/03/13
Not suprised that would someone assault you. I believe this applies to you, Thanks to liberals, modern medicine and OSHA the weak and stupid are defying nature at an alarming rate.
Posted By: fish head Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/03/13
I've been holding off on saying anything but ...

If you think you need a weapon to back up your mouth in situation where's there's no crime being committed, when you're not in self-defense situation other than what you might create ... you're an idiot.

There's a time and a place for using a weapon in defense of your life, or others, but if you say something to a drunk in a restaurant that causes a confrontation and it ends up with somebody being shot ... plan on George Zimmerman type trial.

If you would have informed the restaurant management or called the cops you two old [bleep] wouldn't have wound up in a fight. Doing stupid schit has stupid consequences.
Posted By: stuwest Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/03/13
someone in the thread suggested self defense training for you. that is what i did in lima, courtesy of the Marine Guard at the embassy, crash course over one month. saved my life.

the only LOD event i've been in, i survived because of that training. i used my nikon as a mace. worked just like the marine guard told me it would.

i was a radical leftist when i went to peru and a radical rightist when i came back.

it's tuff learning on the street, but nothings changed in the 20,000 years mankind has been around. it's the only place anyone ever learns anything. everything else is theory.

be grateful that you learned with minimal cost. get your CC and travel the streets armed. my anxiety levels went WAY down when WI passed CC. i do not go out unarmed anymore. part of that is because of my business, but 40% is because of the general lawlessness on the streets now.

with the economy collapsing, it's got nowhere to go but down. even the radical leftists that i still consort with are getting their CCs for self protection.

as for the crazed druggies, not much you can do but stand your ground effectively armed.

in your situation,without having a CC, you would have been at a legal disadvantage and would have had to completely rely on the self defense laws of NV. Unwise.

i've also taken to carrying an aluminum baseball bat with me. it has great potential and can be openly carried (hey, i'm a little league dad) My 9yo daughter is a little embarrassed, but in a bar fight, it's a good first start. Pretty much stops a knife attack in it's tracks.

From a law standpoint (not a good SD position, tho) I TRY to let the other side escalate to violence. Doesn't always work (only so much good for Zimmerman). But, it's nice to have on the books if things escalate to LOD.

In your situation, I'd have registered a complaint with management just to be on the books. After they did nothing, if you have your CC and your buddy is also, CCing, you will be more prepared for an escalation. Drunks are tuff AND you don't know what he's carrying. Knives are common.

One of my fishing buddies is an LEO and he has to deal with this everyday. I've not seen anyone in my lifetime who exudes more PATIENCE as a pervasive life force as much as him. He's says that if the AH is on booze or dope, just let them slide around in their own chit until they fall down, then lock them up. Pretty good advice. I carry 16" electrical cable ties with me now routinely.

When i go out the door now, it's: CC?, check; Baseball bat?, check; cable ties? check. Good to go. My 9yo is taking self defense and i'm teaching her how to shoot. Baring GBH dosing, she will have a chance to have a respectful life.

As an aside, a taser is not a regulated CC (i believe) and can be carried anywhere. not expensive and pretty much appropriate SD in a situation like you found yourself in

Sad what we've come to, but i suspect most of what we luxuriated in was an illusion (my opinion since lima.)

get that CC app in...
Posted By: nathanial Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/03/13
Originally Posted by fish head
I've been holding off on saying anything but ...

If you think you need a weapon to back up your mouth in situation where's there's no crime being committed, when you're not in self-defense situation other than what you might create ... you're an idiot.

There's a time and a place for using a weapon in defense of your life, or others, but if you say something to drunk in a restaurant that causes a confrontation and it ends up with somebody being shot ... plan on George Zimmerman type trial.

If you would have informed the restaurant management or called the cops you two old [bleep] wouldn't have wound up in a fight. Doing stupid schit has stupid consequences.

Right on, the thing pizzpine needs is a weapon in public, like someone above stated he should stay home or check himself into the nut hut.
Posted By: rob p Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/03/13
I was having dinner at a Chinese Buffet (no surprise) with a friend and 4 guys came in and sat down. They had greased hair and white (wife beaters) muscle shirts. One guy had to be 300 pounds. They were very loud and the first thing they did was go into the bathroom and light up a joint. A couple went up to the buffet and a couple sat down. They were loud, and obnoxious. The big guy sat down and fell backwards out of his chair. I laughed. He said "I guess it's time to lose a little weight." I'm 6'3 and 275 pounds. I just chuckled and smiled. He got up and, with his friend, walked past me to the next table where a skinny guy and his family were eating. He started with the guy. "You think it's funny." "It'll be really funny when I bust your head...." You know the stuff. I walked outside, across the street to the doughnut shop and called the police. I said they were 4 guys. They were high, and they were threatening the diners. 4 cars came, and each cop came out with a dude. They searched the car, and one guy was handcuffed and stuffed in the squad car. The others were allowed to leave, including the big guy. I guess they found drugs on the one they kept or he had a warrant of some kind. I knew afterwards it was the right thing to do. A little voice in my head told me the guy was a coward because I was laughing at him and he walked by me to confront the little guy. A grown up playground bully. If he put his hands on me, I'd let him have it as best I could, but for another person... I did my duty and that was it. I've got a family to go home to myself.
Fishhead and nathaniel,
I am willing to take your crap this time. What may be lost on you is how the world has changed. I have been talking my out of trouble for a lifetime. I grew up in a time when people were reasonable. It is hard to change lifelong habits. I have always been a large, athletic person, but at 63 changes have to be made.
Bristoe has given the best and most constructive advice so far.
Posted By: curdog4570 Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/03/13
Stuwest,

Lots of people are tough guys in front of a little screen in their mom's basement. There are some people on this thread though that seem to know what they are talking about.

If you do confront azzholes, how do you keep from shooting them? The interpretation of the law is still somewhat fuzzy when it comes to self-defense. I can't fathom the idea of prison time for doing the right thing.

What is a good plan when it comes to crazed buttheads? Please elaborate if you can. I get the idea loud and clear about having a plan and a backup plan. It seems too tempting to me put a hole in someone that really deserves it. Anyone one ever use pepper spray? It works on bears.

First off, ask yourself if you really NEED any more complications in your life. If you do, here is your plan:

Step 1: Have your handgun out of sight in your weak hand.

Step 2: Have a heavy object close by that can be thrown at some velocity. A big sugar shaker HAS worked fine.

Step 3: DO NOT GET UP OUT OF YOUR CHAIR. With a smile, ask them in a loud but calm voice to please knock off the bad language.

Step 4: If they turn it into a physical confrontation, throw the sugar shaker at their head as hard as you can. Don't warn or bluff, just throw the damn thing.

Step 5: Shoot.
Posted By: fish head Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/03/13

The logic stated that before a confrontation, no matter how seemingly polite and insignificant I should have gone out to the truck first and retreived the revolver.

Grab a gun, walk into the restaurant brandishing a weapon, and then mouth off to a couple of drunks.

I'm sure that would have worked out well. crazy

Posted By: RDW Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/03/13
For all of you, almost the majority, if the OP remained quiet and allowed the hostess to ask them to leave and she was pushed to the floor, would you remain seated and call the police?
Posted By: JGRaider Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/03/13
I didn't read much of the thread, but I'm guessing ppine deserved getting his azzz kicked in.
Originally Posted by RDW
For all of you, almost the majority, if the OP remained quiet and allowed the hostess to ask them to leave and she was pushed to the floor, would you remain seated and call the police?
I don't believe much of what pissy pine posts, so I don't theorize.
Posted By: logcutter Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/03/13
ppine

Your evidently not street smart nor have been in your past..I have four boys from 45 to 23 that are fighting fools...One at our age don't just mouth off to the younger folk without knowing your going to get punched!Get real.....

You done mesed up dude,going into that without a plan.....My advice to you is walk away or get it on first,not wait for the agressor.A beer mug hurts like hell but levels the playing field...

Posting your azz whipping is your second mistake....

Work on it.

Jayco
Originally Posted by RDW

Totally different scenario from OP.
Posted By: catman925 Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/03/13
You see this here dealio should be a valuable lesson for the majority of the keyboard badasses here at the fire. You all get on here talking a bunch of shiit and your "buddies" get you all pumped up and ready to take on a bear with a switch in the woods at night. You wake up the next morning with your chest stuck out and thinking to yourselves this may just be the day my little friend decides to get stiff again, then you go out in public and open your mouth when you should have kept it shut and get kicked right in the balls by someone that ain't skeered of your ass. Yeah sure you should have just whipped out your pistol and just shot them right there, well dumbass getting your ass kicked doesn't justify you shooting someone. I bet you wish you had of kept your mouth shut to those guys and to the people here on the fire, because you are the laughing stock of the fire now. But maybe just maybe you saved some of your "buddies" that think they can throw down their canes and jump up off their jazzy chairs and whip anybodies ass ,from the embarrassment you are now dealing with. But I doubt it! You sir win the dumfukk of the year award.
Pistols have know place in his scenario other than getting you locked up...Now knocking the drunk bad mouth out-is another thing..But that is extreme if he wasn't aiming it at you...

His only option was...Just knocking him out if he could or just walk away or,give him his best shot and if he don't go down,run like a mother trucker hoping he is to drunk to run.. laugh

Jayco
Posted By: 700LH Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/03/13
Laffin
Dumb enough to do it, then dumb enough to come here and tell the world how dumb you are. jeanyus
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/03/13
Fishhead and nathaniel,
I am willing to take your crap this time. What may be lost on you is how the world has changed. I have been talking my out of trouble for a lifetime. I grew up in a time when people were reasonable. It is hard to change lifelong habits. I have always been a large, athletic person, but at 63 changes have to be made.
the world hasn't changed all that much, just that some have lived more sheltered lives and are shocked when they get a dose of reality.
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Fishhead and nathaniel,
the world hasn't changed all that much, just that some have lived more sheltered lives and are shocked when they get a dose of reality.

ppine, read that sentence over and over until you get it.

The world, and people's propensity for violence is no greater today than it was almost forty years ago when I first got into law enforcement.

Ed
Sheltered lives? Maybe you have been around more meth heads than most people. That doesn't look good on your resume. I spent a career with miners, loggers and cowboys in little bars in every western state. No problem.

Urban low-life drug users. Big problem. Maybe the point is the type of experience. I have been in bars all over the world on several contients. I have left a trail of friends in many countries. But the Irish are the quickest to fight. Also Australians. Color me inexperienced with methamphetamine users.

And Buckwheat, go [bleep] yourself.
Posted By: watch4bear Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/03/13
I spent a career with miners, loggers and cowboys in little bars in every western state.

Why can't liberals stick with their own kind and stay in gay bars?
piney

I am not knocking you but I have to ask.......How many fist fights have you been in?

Jayco
Posted By: Beargrease Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/03/13
Altogether this is pretty tame compared to some other incidents reported by members. IIRC there was a really serious incident involving a negro in a pickup truck, pitbulls and nunchucks. Pretty hard to top that one.
Jayco,
Lately, as in the last 20 years very few. I have talked my way out of them plenty of times. You can't reason with a meth head.

Why can't people that live near Alaska mind their own business?You're only about a half hour from the 49th state.
Fishhead and nathaniel,

Getting a CC to confront drunk high rowdy guys in bars??

I have difused a lot of bar fights with drunks by just buying them a cheap beer from the draft before the conversation. The you tell them you would want to fight with them because they look tough then ask them to quiet down. Of course someone in the 60's would already know this.

The fact that you think Reno, NV is a dangerous place is funny. You dumass wonder bread libs should go and live and work in Philly, Baltimore, Detroit and Chicago, Oakland. The US went to shcit after the 1968 riots caused by your ilk. You have only your kind to thank. You are just now seeing this? Maybe a few good arse kickings will knock some sense into your libtard mush filled head.
Jayco,
Lately, as in the last 20 years very few. I have talked my way out of them plenty of times. You can't reason with a meth head.

Exactly....As with anything,experience is a huge factor...In your case,walking away was the best option unless you were ready to go nutso on him without talking about it.Once you got his attention,i'll bet he unloaded...That's the way it usually works confronting a drunk.....

Jayco
I spent a career with miners, loggers and cowboys in little bars in every western state. No problem.

Ah, that's part of your problem, you're supposed to hit on the chicks at bars.... Maybe then, you won't get the crap beat out of you...
Posted By: Gus Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/03/13
back in the early seventies, when I was serving time at the Hood, we'd go out into west texas on the weekends. if us shaved head types outnumbered the local long-hairs, we stayed and they left. on the other hand, if we shaved head types were outnumbered by the longhairs, it was time to pack it out of there, and on down the road we'd go.

there was a kind of peaceful d�tente going on. wink
Posted By: Klikitarik Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/03/13
Originally Posted by northern_dave
Originally Posted by gemby58

He's not.

And there is no good way to fix the issue he was having with the mouthy crack heads. Not with words anyways.

If you are able and willing to walk up to that table, grab a guy by his head with both hands and smash his face into the table, then walk outside and wait for him to come out. Don't say a word, just crush his nose between his skull and the table, and walk outside. Then woop some ass when they come out.

Be a good idea to pay your bill first though, with cash, no check or credit card. Once you've got them piled up and leaking fluids in the parking lot, get in your car and leave.

I like the way you think. smile
Ribka,
Dumbass pay attention. We were talking about Lima, Peru in South America. Home of the Shining Path.A geologist friend of mine was murdered down there.

Logcutter,
You asked an important question. You are correct. We have been over this several times already.
Posted By: Beargrease Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/03/13
Originally Posted by ribka

Getting a CC to confront drunk high rowdy guys in bars??

Good way to spend the rest of your life in prison. First thing they teach you in CC class is to avoid confrontation. But, if there is one, don't do anything to escalate it.
Bear,
You are correct. We covered this several pages back.
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/03/13
Too bad he didn't kick ya in the nutz and stomp on yer hands so you couldn't type.

I have no empathy for you, You're a vile piece of schit.
Riann,
Piss off.
Sheltered lives? Maybe you have been around more meth heads than most people. That doesn't look good on your resume. I spent a career with miners, loggers and cowboys in little bars in every western state. No problem.

Urban low-life drug users. Big problem. Maybe the point is the type of experience. I have been in bars all over the world on several contients. I have left a trail of friends in many countries. But the Irish are the quickest to fight. Also Australians. Color me inexperienced with methamphetamine users.

And Buckwheat, go [bleep] yourself.

Stop. Take a deep breath and listen. I would hope maybe this thread would have sunk in. But you still fail to see that you continue to get your asswhooped on almost every post. Roger and Ed are right the world hasn't changed much, and as for spending time around methheads not saying much for our resumes. GFY. People like Ed, Pat, Greg and myself see the world for its true,ugly, violent society that it is because we are alert and pay attention to our surroundings. I am willing to bet in all those logging and mining camps there was more drug use than you think. You were just too naive to see it. Take the incident that happened and learn from it.
In a high volume rowdy place like a bar or two in Boise,they do....Two at a time and confront every drunk with an attitude.

Bouncers have there place and there not afraid of a scrap from what I have seen...

Jayco

Every been a bar where you are the only white guy libtard?

Every get in a fight with a black guy?

Like I say a clueless lib doooshbag who went through life in a protected shell. Completely clueless and lacking any common sense. Ihave drank in many bars around the world and anyone who has travelled knows that the US ghettos are some of the most dangerous places other than war zones.

Guessing you have only been to European countries in the safe tourist areas. Again explains why you have no friggin clue about life in general and are a puzzzy.

Your post and your luv of Obama only underlines this

Ribka,
Dumbass pay attention. We were talking about Lima, Peru in South America. Home of the Shining Path.A geologist friend of mine was murdered down there.

Logcutter,
You asked an important question. You are correct. We have been over this several times already.

Ever take leave out of Fort Benning????

laugh

Jayco
Ya' know,...

This NONSENSE you're putting down about getting a CCW and shooting folks in bars is some of the crazier chit I've ever read here. sick

Something is really wrong with you, Mister.

GTC

Posted By: boilerpig1 Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/03/13

"I took one glancing blow to the nose."

This must mean you finally got your head out of your azz. You're still a douche bag.

BP...
Posted By: ironbender Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/03/13
I was going to post, but decided against it.

I think you fellers handled this pretty well.
Good to know you're there, backing us up, Mike. grin

Ed
Posted By: jorgeI Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/03/13

Ryan, [bleep] you.
Gitem, [bleep] you.

This thread is worthless without pictures...Add me to the list please.
Posted By: jorgeI Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/03/13

wink

Problem is, were I to pull that trick they would just have stared and said; "hey look at that old dude eating peanuts that way, dementia must be a bitch! and continue to carry on. Then my ego (who continues to write checks my body can't catch) would have gotten me in a big furball with those two and my ass kicked! smile
PP if you had mined your own business the poor loud mouth dude at the bar wouldn't have had to make a trip to ER to get his knuckles treated after you punched him with your nose
Posted By: 257wby Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/03/13
Rent the movie 2nd Hand Lions, then watch the bar scene. Thats how an old fart handles loud and drinking 25-30 year olds.
Posted By: ironbender Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/03/13
Of course!
Posted By: Steelhead Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/03/13

Next time don't say anything to people that know you.
Posted By: FOsteology Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/03/13
Based on the content of the OP's previous posts, I'm neither surprised by his action, his shock at the response of the drunk, nor his inability to grasp the reason the vast majority are having fun poking at his gross ineptitude.

Par for his pathetic course...
Originally Posted by logcutter

Ever take leave out of Fort Benning????

laugh

Jayco

My first fist fight with a black guy was playing pool in a bar near Benning while on weekend leave from army ; )
I was willing to talk about this incident because I wanted to learn something about what happened yesterday. I wanted some other people to learn from it also.

As far as race goes, I went to the first integrated school in the State of Maryland in 1955. The school was half black. I grew up playing street ball against black kids for money. I went to integrated night clubs beginning when I was 17 because they didn't enforce drinking laws. We used to party sometimes with the street people late at night in DC. People's assumption my life has been sheltered are way off.

The issue is that I have never had to fight people. Now the world is different.
You got what you wanted. You learned that you erred, we learned that you don't listen.

Ed
My first fist fight with a black guy was playing pool in a bar near Benning while on weekend leave from army ;

Kinda a late bloomer,ehhhhhh.....

Jayco laugh
Posted By: shreck Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/03/13

Rub Windex on it,

....and GFY.

GTC

I am so stealing that. grin
I was willing to talk about this incident because I wanted to learn something about what happened yesterday. I wanted some other people to learn from it also.

As far as race goes, I went to the first integrated school in the State of Maryland in 1955. The school was half black. I grew up playing street ball against black kids for money. I went to integrated night clubs beginning when I was 17 because they didn't enforce drinking laws. We used to party sometimes with the street people late at night in DC. People's assumption my life has been sheltered are way off.

Reno is not the world, dumbass. Double up your pad and quit whimpering..
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/03/13
I spent a career with miners, loggers and cowboys in little bars in every western state.

Ahhh....This is where the storyline for Broke Back Mountain came from.
It has now been changed to Broke Nose Mountain
Posted By: MontanaMarine Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/03/13
Someone was watching Steven Segall and taking too much viagra.
The moral of the story is if in a Bar mine your own business or either when you walk in holler out loud , who is the Meanest Baddest Mother [bleep] in here , then walk over and knock his ass out , then you can start giving orders to everyone else
Posted By: JohnMoses Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/03/13

Some folks have different rules and they'll make you play by them if they think you've poked your nose where it didn't belong.

Next time, be quiet or be ready to start swinging. Just the way it is when you decide to deal with drunk folks. It's as simple as that.

You chose option 3 which is getting the chit smacked out of you then whining about it. I'd try 1 or 2 next time.
DO like Clint Eastwood and giv'em that glinty-eyed stare, point your finger at'em and go: 'boom'

Dan
Im confused. Was he drunk or a methhead. And when did it change

Or scream rape.
the OP said they were drinking
Originally Posted by JohnMoses

Some folks have different rules .......

I dont know how many of ya's grew up, but ive never seen these "rules" people speak of. Hit first and dont stop until the threats over. In the case of folks like the OP, give em an extra kick or two. Teach em to think about openin their [bleep] mouth again.
Posted By: Bluedreaux Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/03/13
Since when is it a "new thing" for drunk folks to get in fights? I'm pretty sure that's been happening for a while.
the OP said they were drinking

Next paragraph he stated they were on some sort of stimulant like Meth. I must have skipped over the drinking a little part
Originally Posted by pahick

I dont know how many of ya's grew up, but ive never seen these "rules" people speak of. Hit first and dont stop until the threats over. In the case of folks like the OP, give em an extra kick or two. Teach em to think about openin their [bleep] mouth again.

Travon tried that and got himself dead. I would suggest greater restraint in areas that allow CCW.
Don't know what you're trying to say Pahick, but I'm not going to go smack the chit out of someone who is using foul language that's not directed at me.

Good way to go to jail or get your azz shot off.

The rules you don't have a clue about are the one's that keep you alive and your chicklets intact.

ie. don't start chit and their usually won't be any,,,

Correcting drunks never ends well,,,,etc.

Originally Posted by pahick

Travon tried that and got himself dead. I would suggest greater restraint in areas that allow CCW.

Fist or gun, theres a chance youre gonna die. Choose the way you wanna live your life. If im minding my own business, you better mind yours. OP was out of line, simple as that.

Don't know what you're trying to say Pahick, but I'm not going to go smack the chit out of someone who is using foul language that's not directed at me.

Good way to go to jail or get your azz shot off.

Exactly. You said OP put his nose in where it doesnt belong, and someone will make him play by his rules. My point was, there are no rules in fighting. For the OP or anyone else to think someone is going to play nice with you is flat stupid. He got what was comin to him.

The rules you don't have a clue about are the one's that keep you alive and your chicklets intact.

ie. don't start chit and their usually won't be any,,,

Correcting drunks never ends well,,,,etc.

I agree. Didnt know dont do stupid schit was a rule.
Posted By: JSTUART Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/03/13

Ryan, [bleep] you.
Gitem, [bleep] you.

Well you had better add me in there as well, for if you had not attempted to play hero and just called the coppers your pride might still be intact.

And for those that bitch about a 60 yo getting a smack in the mouth, the silly old bastard brought it on himself.
With an attitude like that, you are bound to piss of the wrong persone before long. Anyone want to start the over/under on how long before pahick is either in jail of dead?
Posted By: JSTUART Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/04/13

With your propensity to get your nose stuck in other peoples business and not take any responsibility for your actions I would suggest that you are the last fellow on
Earth that should be walking about armed.

You are a walking, talking, public liability.
Posted By: pahick Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/04/13
With an attitude like that, you are bound to piss of the wrong persone before long. Anyone want to start the over/under on how long before pahick is either in jail of dead?

Im 42, been in more fights than I care to say. Only sat in one cruiser, and most likely wont again. Had one gentleman I know spend some time in jail for manslaughter. Severed the vein of the other fella. Another friend from years ago in jail for a fight when the other guy hit his head on the sidewalk.

If you take schit all your life, fine. I dont, and wont. Be smart and take the good with the bad. But dont take schit. Good Lord willing, ill die of old age. If not, so be it.
Posted By: nathanial Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/04/13

You come here so others can learn from your moronic ways, now thats rich! The first thing you should have learned from this is your an idiot and second to mind your own business in a bar with drunks.
Did these parties with the street people in DC include ass raping drunken bums in the alley with Obama?
Your the toughest bad ass liberal I kind of know.
Obviously we run in different circles.

I consider it more prudent to give respect so I may receive it. Respectful interactions are more conducive to reason. Of course, you cannot reason with the unreasonable, in which case it's best to have a wide varity of options avaliable.... Remember just because someone nicely asks you to show some consideration for others present, doesn't mean he's not packing a 1911...

Of course I have to wonder if the OP asked nicely and showed respect, or acted like an obnoxious liberal.
Posted By: Ken Howell Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/04/13
Originally Posted by Dan_Chamberlain
Do like Clint Eastwood and give 'em that glinty-eyed stare �

� but don't expect that intimidation technique to work the way that it did for Gary Cooper in Along Came Jones. Those "tough" guys had to obey the director and follow the writer's script.
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/04/13
Of course I have to wonder if the OP asked nicely and showed respect, or acted like an obnoxious liberal.

Due to his previous posts on this site I damn sure know what my guess would be.
Posted By: crossfireoops Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/04/13
Originally Posted by shreck

Rub Windex on it,

....and GFY.

GTC

I am so stealing that. grin

Link: http://www.skinema.com/Skinnies2003Windex.html

Alternative medical treatment to avoid:
Windex in "My Big Fat Greek Wedding":
Windex: The most unorthodox skin treatment in a movie about a Greek Orthodox ceremony.
"My Big Fat Greek Wedding" was an unexpected phenomenon. Who knew that the little indie flick that could, well...could? The comedy sleeper hit of the year owes a debt to the alternative medical passion of patriarch Gus Portokalos (Michael Constantine). As he tells anyone within earshot, a spritz of the household cleaner Windex is a sure cure for all skin ailments from psoriasis to poison ivy to acne. In reality, Windex is the last thing that one would put on inflamed skin. What makes windows shiny could make skin raw and sore. It's not called "Skindex," after all.
He almost uses it in one of the film's tensest scenes: When the bride-to-be wakes up with a major zit on her chin. Fortunately, expertly placed makeup safely does the job. Otherwise a bride-in-waiting can contact a dermatologist for a small, thin, Greek injection of anti-inflammatory cortisone. The Zit will vanish faster than that Goat cooking on the spit in the front yard.
Another memorable scene takes place as Aunt Voula (Andrea Martin) attempts to get familiar with her new in-laws by describing the story of her neck tumor. She reports that when it was surgically removed, doctors found it contained teeth and a spinal cord. We wish that this idea was pure fiction, mere gross out humor springing straight from the mind of a demented screen writer. But such a growth does exist. Teratomas, also known as dermoid cysts, can feature portions of skin, hair, teeth, and other bizarre bodily tissues. Technically not malignant, they usually develop in the ovaries and are only rarely found in the skin. Treatment is with surgical excision. Or with Windex. Kidding.
Alternative medical treatment, Runner up:

Cocoa butter to fix a broken foot in "Barbershop"

grin grin grin grin

Posted By: RichardAustin Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/04/13
I'm still trying to figure out how a skilled fighter can only land a glancing blow on a guy that probably had pigeons roosting on him and then got held off with a chair. Add the talk about shooting him because you got a glancing blow... well... some things shouldn't need to be explained. you should have just told the asian lady running the place you were not going to pay until she did something about those guys; she'd kicked their ass for affecting her income.
Posted By: antlers Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/04/13
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
Originally Posted by Dan_Chamberlain
Do like Clint Eastwood and give 'em that glinty-eyed stare �

� but don't expect that intimidation technique to work the way that it did for Gary Cooper in Along Came Jones. Those "tough" guys had to obey the director and follow the writer's script.

Doggone funny movie...! One of my favorite Gary Cooper movies.
Posted By: okok Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/04/13
Originally Posted by RichardAustin
probably had pigons roosting on him

LOL
Posted By: tjm10025 Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/04/13

ppine:

You're going to learn, like Hawkeye, that these are the kinds of stories that are really hard to live down.

It's funny as hell, though. You've made my evening.
Posted By: DocRocket Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/04/13
Originally Posted by jorgeI

wink

Problem is, were I to pull that trick they would just have stared and said; "hey look at that old dude eating peanuts that way, dementia must be a bitch! and continue to carry on. Then my ego (who continues to write checks my body can't catch) would have gotten me in a big furball with those two and my ass kicked! smile

Yeah. Me too.
Posted By: 700LH Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/04/13
Can't believe (yes I can) how many times "call the cops" has been said here.
Why not do something about it, or mind your own damn business.

Like a buncha third grade little girl tattletales

Posted By: JohnMoses Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/04/13

Here is the restaurant surveillance tape of the altercation.

Posted By: gitem_12 Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/04/13

Im not familiar with that fighting style

Is is the mysterious yet lethal chickenschit-slapfu?
Posted By: okok Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/04/13
Did I miss the glancing blow? cry
Posted By: fish head Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/04/13

OK. Now I'm totally confused.

Which one is pissypine?

Did I spell his name right?
Posted By: Bigbuck215 Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/04/13
The one that ain't TRH.
Posted By: ribka Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/04/13
Originally Posted by tjm10025

ppine:

You're going to learn, like Hawkeye, that these are the kinds of stories that are really hard to live down.

I always sneak in a shotgun in plastic bag and hide in the One of bar's toilet tanks before I start drinking. Just in case of an altercation.

Learned that one on here
Posted By: Scotty Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/04/13
This has been a good read. I do find it funny that it took this thread less that 10 post for the OP to do the very thing that he was asking others not to do. I would guess that he wanted to impress the ladies himself. They were probably laughing after he got nose in the way of someone fist.
Posted By: 308scout Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/04/13
I was ok with the fact that pp asked the other guys to clean up their language, but ya gotta think if ya stick your nose in something like that they might not agree with you and start something. But, when he said "if I had been carrying I probably would have shot him" pp proved what an idiot he really is. Better stfu if you can't take a whipping. And, nothing like giving ammunition to the anti-gunners. If every argument turns in to a gun battle...
Posted By: Bigbuck215 Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/04/13
I don't think PP has a very good imagination. Even I could tell a better story (big lie) than that.
Posted By: TexasPhotog Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/04/13

A few thoughts:
1) This is called a "Tuesday" in west Texas.
2) You definitely did something profoundly stupid if TRH agrees with you.
3) Bricktop's quip about the pudding cup was fantastic. Well played!

Posted By: 2legit2quit Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/04/13
Even if you are armed and you confront two men who are just being loud in a restaurant or bar and you start it, then shoot one or both , then you had better not drop the soap to often in the prison shower or you won't need a laxative to take a dump

couldn't agree more, there's killin offenses, using rude and vulgar language ain't one of them.

but a little spray to the eyes, a well placed punch or two and a couple of ribs kicked in, that seems applicable

I ain't apt to stick my nose in other's biz, but if I do, you can bet your sweet azz I ain't leading with my nose! shocked
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit

couldn't agree more, there's killin offenses, using rude and vulgar language ain't one of them.

but a little spray to the eyes, a well placed punch or two and a couple of ribs kicked in, that seems applicable

I ain't apt to stick my nose in other's biz, but if I do, you can bet your sweet azz I ain't leading with my nose! shocked

That would also land your backside in gaol...because sure as shooting everyone in the place would end up being mates of the fellow you assaulted.
Posted By: DocRocket Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/04/13
Originally Posted by 700LH
Can't believe (yes I can) how many times "call the cops" has been said here.
Why not do something about it, or mind your own damn business.

Like a buncha third grade little girl tattletales

Those two choices are good ones. Like I said, let the management (whose [bleep] business it IS) deal with it, or GTF outta there.

Or, third choice (and stupidest one) is to "do something about it", i.e., be a knight errant and rescue the fair lady's virtue.

I suspect this whole charlie-foxtrot has more to do with the OP wanting to impress some hawt females, and then beat his chest here on the 24HCF than any real self-defense discussion.

Going to bed. Have fun tonight, kids.
Originally Posted by JSTUART

That would also land your backside in gaol...because sure as shooting everyone in the place would end up being mates of the fellow you assaulted.

you have a point there JStuart

but it wouldn't be the first time my azz got landed in the pokey for stompin the chit out of someone

I ain't a physical specimen like gunner, and I'm no badazz, but I do have a temper.

been on the winning and losing side of street fights

don't lay any claim as to what outcome will be, but I certainly intend to make it pricey for my adversary

the chow ain't that bad in the pokey, it ain't good, but they do feed you, and normally you end up having to bust knuckles in there too so everyone can figure out there's easier targets.
Don't get caught doing it here as you would not own a firearm for another ten years, it is a pain but it does have the desired effect...I have seen that rule stop a lot of fights.
Originally Posted by ribka
Originally Posted by tjm10025

ppine:

I always sneak in a shotgun in plastic bag and hide in the One of bar's toilet tanks before I start drinking. Just in case of an altercation.

Learned that one on here

That's just plain risky, and not at all a trustworthy "Tactical Plan".

How many [bleep]' times do I have to EXPLAIN this ?

In situations like these, one's FAR better served by having AIR COVER !

Surreptitious communications with both your high and low "assets' can see you polishing off your drink, tipping handsomely, and wandering away from the "incoming".

Chit,....this was freaky enough to call out a 500 lb J-Dam, at the very least.

Not sure I'd have been comfortable with a X2 A-10 gun run, in a situation obviously this dangerous and desperate.

Be careful out there, folks.

BTW,....does Reno have any ordinances regarding calling in an air strike on bar fights ?

....wanna' keep alla' this above board cool cool cool .

GTC
Btw I keep lmao over the thought of alla us geezers adding peanuts to our bags and chewin those puppies up

I'm sure we need the fiber

Where does one purchase tactical peanuts?
Posted By: calikooknic Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/04/13
This has been a great last thread for the night.

He should go with his Indian name, Whuddadumfuk whistle
One thing that you lot have available that I would like to see here is stun guns. I am not particularly interested for myself, but they would be a handy tool for a female to have in her bag.
Posted By: HitnRun Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/04/13
There is always tough talk, especially on the internet. How to beat up people and even shoot them. I doubt many have beaten people up or even had a gun ready to shoot another person.

I have had a few altercations, none with weapons. There are just a couple facts you can't avoid:

Don't get into any fight you can't afford to lose.
Don't pull any weapon you don't plan to use or be ready to get shot or stabbed if you don't.

All the blabbery about what you would have done in any such circumstance is nothing more than that...Blabbery. Punks do need to be civilized, but if you aren't capable of that act, you had better leave or listen to the music.

The last real beating I was involved in cost me a lot of money to stay out of court on an assault charge, and that was years ago when beating up people that needed it was more acceptable. I wouldn't pop anybody in the face anymore, I can't take a hit, I can't run and I don't know just who I could beat up anymore.
Originally Posted by 308scout
I was ok with the fact that pp asked the other guys to clean up their language, but ya gotta think if ya stick your nose in something like that they might not agree with you and start something. But, when he said "if I had been carrying I probably would have shot him" pp proved what an idiot he really is. Better stfu if you can't take a whipping. And, nothing like giving ammunition to the anti-gunners. If every argument turns in to a gun battle...

PizzPine is a dirty, lying, conniving, sold out to the Devil agent provacateur.

HTF anybody falls / stoops as low as the new bilge scum line he's set with this POS OP will remain the stuff of nightmares, for me.

Somebody OWNS him, and he's just generating Points, by, and ON their scale.....whether to stay out of slam, or just because he ENJOYS treachery is not here, or there.

Bottom line,.....

This post IS "ammunition" for those attacking all we try to hold dear.

All so influenced should really consider the source. RATS have played an inordinately powerful role in human history.

Same chit, different plague.

GTC

Posted By: PAMac Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/04/13
I think somebody posted the fight on YouTube......
Everybody's got cellphones ready these days.

Posted By: wildbill59 Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/04/13
OP
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=8_4bLNM0axE
Posted By: kamo_gari Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/04/13

The good Lt. is 1/8 negro. Back of the bus for him, I'm afraid.

That's the saddest thing I've heard in a long time. Sorry you feel that way, B.
Posted By: PAMac Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/04/13
I don't know kamo gari ......... The wayward sea turtle was pretty sad....

Posted By: Plinker Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/04/13
Pick your battles. Always ask yourself, "Is this the hill I want to die upon?" It will save you much grief.
Posted By: ppine Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/04/13
Thanks to all the reasonable people that took this seriously. Some people on this site have been in enough fights to have strong opinions. I realize how lucky I have been to talk my way out of fights for the last 30 years. Respect is an important issue in today's society. I tried not giving it to people here and it doesn't suit me.

Here are some of the possible scenarios for next time this happens.

1. Leave
2. Stay in the seat and be quiet.
3. Politely say something and be ready to kick the crap out of the guy.
4. Politely say something backed up with a weapon.
5. Agressively insult the guy and be ready to kick the crap out of the guy.
6. Stay home.

Numbers 1,2 and 6 are the best options.
Numbers 3 and 5 are for a few people with special skills.
Number 4 is to be avoided at all costs.

I will probably not get a concealed carry permit, and plan to keep my mouth shut from now on. Thanks for all the advice.
Posted By: APDDSN0864 Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/04/13
I stand corrected. You did listen.

May you never have to choose between your life and the life of another.

Ed
Posted By: Bristoe Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/04/13
Originally Posted by kamo_gari

That's the saddest thing I've heard in a long time. Sorry you feel that way, B.

hmmm,..I didn't mean for it to sound sad.

Considering the shape of the world today, there's a lot to be said for the ability to implement emotional seclusion from it.

As mentioned elsewhere,...I see it as a Circus Sideshow.

It can be interesting to witness, but that doesn't mean that I want to be a part of it.
Another take on the saying "Being in the world, but not of the world"?

Ed
I guess.

It keeps things uncomplicated.

I like uncomplicated.

It wasn't always that way,..but complicated creates complications.

I've been in simplify mode for quite some time,....unconsciously at first,..deliberately as of late.
Don't look now, but that's a sign of maturity. grin

We discover what is really important and dwell on those things.

The rest is just noise and wasted energy.

Have a great day, sir.

Ed
Thanks to all the reasonable people that took this seriously. Some people on this site have been in enough fights to have strong opinions. I realize how lucky I have been to talk my way out of fights for the last 30 years. Respect is an important issue in today's society. I tried not giving it to people here and it doesn't suit me.

1. Leave
6. Stay home.

I will probably not get a concealed carry permit, and plan to keep my mouth shut from
now on. Thanks for all the advice.

There is only one scenario, mind your business and it won't be minded by a fist glancing off your nose.
#4 should not even cross your mind, confronting someone politely or otherwise when not minding your own business while armed is asking for the situation to go south.
Posted By: heavywalker Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/04/13
I wonder how different this thread would have been if he posted it over at DU where he belongs.

I don't think I have met a man dumb enough to walk into a bar,then walk up to a couple drunks and tell them to mind their manners. Then be surprised that he gets punched in the face.

I'd sit and enjoy my meal while considering the obnoxious drunk to be the evening's entertainment.

It *has* to be better than Karaoke Night down at Tidwell's Bar-B-Que.

Fat girls singin' Pat Benatar off key takes all the fun out of a slab of ribs.
machinist or poet?

you decide
Posted By: ribka Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/04/13

Surprising that a caring and emotional libtard like ppine would resort so quickly to using deadly force to shut down another individual's right to free speech in a bar.

Whenever I enter an establishment that serves alcohol I always
Expect the patrons to talk like college humanity professors or 18 year old nuns.

Originally Posted by nathanial

1. Leave
6. Stay home.

I will probably not get a concealed carry permit, and plan to keep my mouth shut from
now on. Thanks for all the advice.

There is only one scenario, mind your business and it won't be minded by a fist glancing off your nose.
#4 should not even cross your mind, confronting someone politely or otherwise when not minding your own business while armed is asking for the situation to go south.
Posted By: n007 Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/04/13
Alcohol tends to make even off-key fat girls funny or at least it does for me.
Posted By: stuwest Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/04/13
I will probably not get a concealed carry permit, and plan to keep my mouth shut from now on. Thanks for all the advice.

I hope this is not your last mistake. DEFENSE IS CRITICAL in this world. Those with you deserve quality support.

Posted By: ConradCA Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/04/13
Take their pictures before talking to them. Have someone video your discussion. Carry a weapon for self defense like a hammer.
Posted By: Rancho_Loco Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/04/13
Taking pictures of drunks in bars..

Not high on the list of how to keep from getting your face smashed in.
Posted By: FVA Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/04/13

Believe the OP's scenerio was at 2PM at a restaurant/ bar.

As the saying goes, evil prospers when good men do nothing.
Reading many of the replies on this thread makes it no wonder why society will continue at a downward trend.

Originally Posted by FVA

Reading many of the replies on this thread makes it no wonder why society will continue at a downward trend.

You've made me see the light!

I think I'll head out right now, and aggravate an obnoxious drunk.

I gotta make the move soon, however.

One more of these martinis and I'll be an obnoxious drunk my damn self.

,..might even end up gettin' shot by a liberal.

,..talk about a humiliating way to die,..

Taking a round from a pink .38 wielded by a homo member of the vegan society has *got* to be way up on the list.
Posted By: elkhuntinguide Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/04/13

Ryan, [bleep] you.
Gitem, [bleep] you.

And you sit there in awe and wonder why you had your ass handed to you...

You go Gramps... :shakin' my head:
Posted By: FVA Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/04/13
Your the guy that would like to have a badger in the back yard but are trying to get rid of a badger like cat because it is hurting your cats?
I say that thinking highly of you.
Understand if you don't reciprocate.
Originally Posted by FVA
Your the guy that would like to have a badger in the back yard but are trying to get rid of a badger like cat because it is hurting your cats?
I say that thinking highly of you.
Understand if you don't reciprocate.

This changes everything,...

Was the obnoxious drunk that ppine warded off with a chair a Badger?

Drunk Badgers can be trouble.

Still,..I would have called management,..if I had chosen to participate.

But more than likely, I would have just viewed the drunk Badger as the evening's entertainment,...maybe asked it to sing a Pat Benatar medley,..and if it sucked,..my tip would be small.

,...just another sideshow to view before heading home to my 1920's Bungalow refuge.

It ain't mine,..I'm not its,..

But I got enough class to leave a good tip when it's called for.

Originally Posted by FVA

What evil is in some drunks using language someone don't approve of? Unless these guys were actually harassing or assaulting the women pisspine was so worried about mind your business. As far as I can conclude society has been getting drunk for ages and using fowl language where alcohol is served. While I agree, the world is being flushed, it is not due to a couple guys punching some busybody in the nose. Its the busybody hypocrite nanny liberal [bleep] doing the flushing
Posted By: ironbender Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/04/13
machinist or poet?

you decide

Philosopher or hairdresser?
wink
Posted By: ironbender Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/04/13

Having and carrying a CCW does not require one to use it.

Take a class and learn options to using it as well as when and how to use it.

IMO, it's an option of last resort.
I'd sit and enjoy my meal while considering the obnoxious drunk to be the evening's entertainment.

It *has* to be better than Karaoke Night down at Tidwell's Bar-B-Que.

Fat girls singin' Pat Benatar off key takes all the fun out of a slab of ribs.

Crying.

wink
Think of it this way.

You are sitting in a bar with a mate merrily celebrating life's little ups and downs when an older Gentleman and his friend accost you and angrily demand that you cease enjoying yourselves, in an astounded panic you stumble about trying to get away from the extremely aggressive grey lunatics and inadvertently graze one of the offenders with your hand whilst trying to fend off the madman that is doing his best to beat you down with a chair...in sheer horror you and your friend leave as you cannot bear to be exposed to such wanton violence.

Ppine...you are a terrible bully, you should be ashamed of yourself.

I am betting that is the real story!
Posted By: gitem_12 Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/04/13
Im betting he wasnt even a participant. But witnessed the whole thing and decided to vicariously get his azz kicked
Posted By: idahoguy101 Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/05/13

It probably doesnt feel like, but you got off light with relatively minor injuries. Predators like that would kill someone for the hell of it.
I hope someone took the vehicle license and reported them. Odds are they're on parole on have outstanding warrants.
Since your in Nevada you probably wouldn't have prosecuted if you had your pistol with you. But the investigation, etc.. would have sucked.
Stuwest,

[bleep] priceless...
Posted By: JSTUART Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/05/13
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner

[bleep] priceless...

Understatement.
Posted By: ppine Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/05/13
Middle Miner and JStuart,
It wasn't so funny at the time. Do you think maybe ridicule, sarcasm, and insults might be getting old after 25 pages? I would expect people of your age and grade to give some help. I was only willing to be made fun of to get some answers.

There must be lots of police and military types and people good at fighting on this website. Anonymous participants take potshots at two people that just went thru a life-threatening experience. What if I shot the guy? It might be just as bad.

I am tired of having people tell me who I vote for, how I live, and that my life has been sheltered. It is a load of crap. Maybe you can man-up and make a serious comment.
Posted By: gitem_12 Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/05/13
It wasn't so funny at the time. Do you think maybe ridicule, sarcasm, and insults might be getting old after 25 pages? I would expect people of your age and grade to give some help. I was only willing to be made fun of to get some answers.

There must be lots of police and military types and people good at fighting on this website. Anonymous participants take potshots at two people that just went thru a life-threatening experience. What if I shot the guy? It might be just as bad.

I am tired of having people tell me who I vote for, how I live, and that my life has been sheltered. It is a load of crap. Maybe you can man-up and make a serious comment.

Its official!!!

PPINE is
][Linked Image]

BUTT HURT!!

OK...my honest answer...I promise. grin

If I went into some establishment & didn't like the atmosphere, I'd leave. I would NEVER tell anybody (especially a drunk) to watch his language unless I was willing to punch his ass if it were apparent that he was gonna make the slightest protest & if you do, there's a good chance you'll end up in jail...for all you know, those guys might have been regulars & that'll hold sway with the proprietors of said establishment, who would have asked them to leave if it was bothering them...it wasn't your place.
Something else...if you start a fistfight & end up shooting a guy, you're not gonna like what transpires in the aftermath.

Posted By: bea175 Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/05/13
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner

OK...my honest answer...I promise. grin

If I went into some establishment & didn't like the atmosphere, I'd leave. I would NEVER tell anybody (especially a drunk) to watch his language unless I was willing to punch his ass if it were apparent that he was gonna make the slightest protest & if you do, there's a good chance you'll end up in jail...for all you know, those guys might have been regulars & that'll hold sway with the proprietors of said establishment, who would have asked them to leave if it was bothering them...it wasn't your place.
Something else...if you start a fistfight & end up shooting a guy, you're not gonna like what transpires in the aftermath.

PP the two Guys you tried to correct were Probably Local Police Officers
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/05/13
Do you think maybe ridicule, sarcasm, and insults might be getting old after 25 pages?

Still funny as he11, It'll be funny as he11 into the 60th page.

What if I shot the guy?

You don't have the ba11s, Stick to chairs you may hurt yourself with a gun.

two people that just went thru a life-threatening experience.

Now that is freakin' priceless!

It's hard for me to believe that a guy his/my age has gone through life & not figured out the basics...people amaze me every single day...
Posted By: ironbender Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/05/13
A wise man has said that PAF.
Posted By: JSTUART Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/06/13
It wasn't so funny at the time. Do you think maybe ridicule, sarcasm, and insults might be getting old after 25 pages? I would expect people of your age and grade to give some help.

Ummm...no, you put yourself in that position and then whinged about the result, so you can brace yourself for all the derision that is coming your way.

It is a load of crap. Maybe you can man-up and make a serious comment.

Yes, I can do that...stop putting your nose where it does not belong, and stop whinging and whining to complete strangers when you find your arse in a jam you created.
Posted By: Remington6MM Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/06/13
I still think it is bu!! Chit story.
Posted By: 2legit2quit Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/06/13
had a similar confrontation on a Frontier flight from FBKS to Anc, ceptin the ages were reversed, I was probably approaching 40 and the two guys GDing and F this in loud voices were probably 50 and 60

small plane King air, probably 15 rows of two seats on each side of the aisle

I asked them nice and got the evil eye for my trouble, and then proceeded to explain to them they could honor my request or we could discuss it in further detail when we hit the ground.

then I went and sat down, they did lower their voices, but I'm sure there was still some GDing and F him going on directed towards my person.

no security to go through, for all I knew either or both could be packin heat, course that didn't occur to me until I'd sat down for a bit.

but admittedly I was pissed, they were sitting two rows behind the woman with her small kids and I could see her wince everytime they bellered out a curse word.

I don't blame the OP for saying something, but you'd best be prepared for it to go ugly if you do, and that's best thought of beforehand rather than after.

odds aren't great, but they could just have easily been two desperadoes and they pulled a gun and shoot you instead of saying anything else.

life ain't like the movies, the good guys don't always win, no matter the nobility of their intentions.

but opining the lack of "respect" of two guys that have already demonstrated they have no respect for whom they're sharing a restaurant with, leads me to believe there was some lack of critical thought process involved.

not meant as a slam, just the way I see it.
Posted By: ppine Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/07/13
2legit2quit,
As usual you are a reasonable person. Thank-you. I failed to mention that the restaurant was being run by 2 Thai girls that weighed about 100 pounds apiece. They were young and beautiful and it no doubt affected by thinking.

I have spent the last few days learning from the experience. I also learned that most of the people on the forum are tough guys that have never made a mistake.
Posted By: JSTUART Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/08/13
2legit2quit,
As usual you are a reasonable person. Thank-you. I failed to mention that the restaurant was being run by 2 Thai girls that weighed about 100 pounds apiece. They were young and beautiful and it no doubt affected by thinking.

I have spent the last few days learning from the experience. I also learned that most of the people on the forum are tough guys that have never made a mistake.

No you have not learnt anything at all...most on this forum have made mistakes and had our arses kicked at some point in our lives, and as a result modified our approach and thinking.
Those of us that were fortunate had this happen when we were lads and received a valuable lesson...people like you blame it on everyone else and simply refuse to learn.

Case in point, you have not once raised your hand and said "well, that was a f_ck up...I won't be silly enough to do that again".
Posted By: ppine Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/08/13
Stuart,
You have a selective interpretation of what happened. I have been apologetic throughout the whole thing. You heard what you want to hear. In the quote above "I have spent the last few days learning from the experience." (to keep my mouth shut). I have mentioned this several times. I don't blame what happened on anyone else.
Posted By: Raeford Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/08/13
You simply couldn't just pay your bill and walk out?
Life's tough little buddy, wear a helmet.
Posted By: jorgeI Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/08/13
What is a "Falcon Punch" called when delivered to a mangina?
Posted By: CrowRifle Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/08/13
[bleep] slap.
Posted By: jorgeI Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/08/13
Thanks!
Posted By: SCRUBS Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/09/13

Won`t do any good if ppine is white...
Posted By: JSTUART Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/09/13
Originally Posted by SCRUBS

Won`t do any good if ppine is white...

If he isn't, his would be the first case of "middle aged white angst" contracted by a non-white.
Posted By: luv2safari Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/09/13
PissPine,

Welcome to NV. Now...move back to the Bay Area.

Actually, I do respect what you did. But, as to civility now, in the 1950s you would have gotten your block knocked off, and the cops wouldn't be too concerned. It doesn't make it right, however.

You did the right thing, one that was not easy.
Posted By: whipholt_wahoo Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/09/13
get a big spray can of pepper spray,and spray the offender in the face,preferably,in an open mouth.
usually takes the fight out of them,at least for awhile.
make good your escape.
Posted By: ConradCA Re: Assaulted yesterday - 07/20/13
Originally Posted by nathanial
Originally Posted by FVA

What evil is in some drunks using language someone don't approve of? Unless these guys were actually harassing or assaulting the women pisspine was so worried about mind your business. As far as I can conclude society has been getting drunk for ages and using fowl language where alcohol is served. While I agree, the world is being flushed, it is not due to a couple guys punching some busybody in the nose. Its the busybody hypocrite nanny liberal [bleep] doing the flushing
Isn't that why they have the charge drunk and disorderly? He should have called the police.
© 24hourcampfire