Print Thread
Hop To
Page 13 of 14 1 2 11 12 13 14
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Think of it this way.

You are sitting in a bar with a mate merrily celebrating life's little ups and downs when an older Gentleman and his friend accost you and angrily demand that you cease enjoying yourselves, in an astounded panic you stumble about trying to get away from the extremely aggressive grey lunatics and inadvertently graze one of the offenders with your hand whilst trying to fend off the madman that is doing his best to beat you down with a chair...in sheer horror you and your friend leave as you cannot bear to be exposed to such wanton violence.

Ppine...you are a terrible bully, you should be ashamed of yourself.

I am betting that is the real story!

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Im betting he wasnt even a participant. But witnessed the whole thing and decided to vicariously get his azz kicked

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Originally Posted by ppine
Our society continues to deteriorate. Civility and politeness continue to decline as evidenced by many people's behavior on this forum.

Yesterday I was having lunch in a small Thai restaurant in Reno on the way home from the lake. Two guys were drinking a little at 1400 and started to get loud and dropping f-bombs and using really coarse language. There were several women within earshot. I waited about 25 minutes and it got worse. I very politely asked the guys if they wouldn't mind lowering the voices a little and consider the females. Big mistake. One guy just took the opportunity to start a fight instantly.

My friend and I are in our 60s, but both around 220 pounds. We had no animosity towards this guy. He was obviously a skilled fighter and about 30 yo. I took one glancing blow to the nose. My buddy got a black eye and a knot on his head. I fended the guy off with a chair. They left when the restaurant hostess called the cops.

The guys was on a stimulant like meth. He threatened to kill us. If I had a piece on me,I probably would have shot him. I had a pistol in my truck. There is a whole host of things that usaully happen to people that shoot someone in self-defense and the outcome is rarely good.

This whole thing was pointless and happened fast. It could have been so much worse. I have learned not to expect people to be reasonable. The new America we are in is a scary place. Please remember that.

I am still in shock. Lots of you will have strong opinions on this one.

It probably doesnt feel like, but you got off light with relatively minor injuries. Predators like that would kill someone for the hell of it.
I hope someone took the vehicle license and reported them. Odds are they're on parole on have outstanding warrants.
Since your in Nevada you probably wouldn't have prosecuted if you had your pistol with you. But the investigation, etc.. would have sucked.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Stuwest,
Thanks for the good thoughts. I have been to Lima and it is a rough town.

Lots of people are tough guys in front of a little screen in their mom's basement. There are some people on this thread though that seem to know what they are talking about.

If you do confront azzholes, how do you keep from shooting them? The interpretation of the law is still somewhat fuzzy when it comes to self-defense. I can't fathom the idea of prison time for doing the right thing.

What is a good plan when it comes to crazed buttheads? Please elaborate if you can. I get the idea loud and clear about having a plan and a backup plan. It seems too tempting to me put a hole in someone that really deserves it. Anyone one ever use pepper spray? It works on bears.

[bleep] priceless...

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner

[bleep] priceless...

Understatement.

IC B2

ppine Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Middle Miner and JStuart,
It wasn't so funny at the time. Do you think maybe ridicule, sarcasm, and insults might be getting old after 25 pages? I would expect people of your age and grade to give some help. I was only willing to be made fun of to get some answers.

There must be lots of police and military types and people good at fighting on this website. Anonymous participants take potshots at two people that just went thru a life-threatening experience. What if I shot the guy? It might be just as bad.

I am tired of having people tell me who I vote for, how I live, and that my life has been sheltered. It is a load of crap. Maybe you can man-up and make a serious comment.

The only cure for life and death is to enjoy the interval.
George Santayana
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
It wasn't so funny at the time. Do you think maybe ridicule, sarcasm, and insults might be getting old after 25 pages? I would expect people of your age and grade to give some help. I was only willing to be made fun of to get some answers.

There must be lots of police and military types and people good at fighting on this website. Anonymous participants take potshots at two people that just went thru a life-threatening experience. What if I shot the guy? It might be just as bad.

I am tired of having people tell me who I vote for, how I live, and that my life has been sheltered. It is a load of crap. Maybe you can man-up and make a serious comment.

Its official!!!

PPINE is
][Linked Image]

BUTT HURT!!

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

OK...my honest answer...I promise. grin

If I went into some establishment & didn't like the atmosphere, I'd leave. I would NEVER tell anybody (especially a drunk) to watch his language unless I was willing to punch his ass if it were apparent that he was gonna make the slightest protest & if you do, there's a good chance you'll end up in jail...for all you know, those guys might have been regulars & that'll hold sway with the proprietors of said establishment, who would have asked them to leave if it was bothering them...it wasn't your place.
Something else...if you start a fistfight & end up shooting a guy, you're not gonna like what transpires in the aftermath.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner

OK...my honest answer...I promise. grin

If I went into some establishment & didn't like the atmosphere, I'd leave. I would NEVER tell anybody (especially a drunk) to watch his language unless I was willing to punch his ass if it were apparent that he was gonna make the slightest protest & if you do, there's a good chance you'll end up in jail...for all you know, those guys might have been regulars & that'll hold sway with the proprietors of said establishment, who would have asked them to leave if it was bothering them...it wasn't your place.
Something else...if you start a fistfight & end up shooting a guy, you're not gonna like what transpires in the aftermath.

PP the two Guys you tried to correct were Probably Local Police Officers

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Do you think maybe ridicule, sarcasm, and insults might be getting old after 25 pages?

Still funny as he11, It'll be funny as he11 into the 60th page.

What if I shot the guy?

You don't have the ba11s, Stick to chairs you may hurt yourself with a gun.

two people that just went thru a life-threatening experience.

Now that is freakin' priceless!

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
It's hard for me to believe that a guy his/my age has gone through life & not figured out the basics...people amaze me every single day...

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
A wise man has said that PAF.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
It wasn't so funny at the time. Do you think maybe ridicule, sarcasm, and insults might be getting old after 25 pages? I would expect people of your age and grade to give some help.

Ummm...no, you put yourself in that position and then whinged about the result, so you can brace yourself for all the derision that is coming your way.

It is a load of crap. Maybe you can man-up and make a serious comment.

Yes, I can do that...stop putting your nose where it does not belong, and stop whinging and whining to complete strangers when you find your arse in a jam you created.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I still think it is bu!! Chit story.

I'd rather die in a BAD gunfight than a GOOD nursing home.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
had a similar confrontation on a Frontier flight from FBKS to Anc, ceptin the ages were reversed, I was probably approaching 40 and the two guys GDing and F this in loud voices were probably 50 and 60

small plane King air, probably 15 rows of two seats on each side of the aisle

I asked them nice and got the evil eye for my trouble, and then proceeded to explain to them they could honor my request or we could discuss it in further detail when we hit the ground.

then I went and sat down, they did lower their voices, but I'm sure there was still some GDing and F him going on directed towards my person.

no security to go through, for all I knew either or both could be packin heat, course that didn't occur to me until I'd sat down for a bit.

but admittedly I was pissed, they were sitting two rows behind the woman with her small kids and I could see her wince everytime they bellered out a curse word.

I don't blame the OP for saying something, but you'd best be prepared for it to go ugly if you do, and that's best thought of beforehand rather than after.

odds aren't great, but they could just have easily been two desperadoes and they pulled a gun and shoot you instead of saying anything else.

life ain't like the movies, the good guys don't always win, no matter the nobility of their intentions.

but opining the lack of "respect" of two guys that have already demonstrated they have no respect for whom they're sharing a restaurant with, leads me to believe there was some lack of critical thought process involved.

not meant as a slam, just the way I see it.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
ppine Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
2legit2quit,
As usual you are a reasonable person. Thank-you. I failed to mention that the restaurant was being run by 2 Thai girls that weighed about 100 pounds apiece. They were young and beautiful and it no doubt affected by thinking.

I have spent the last few days learning from the experience. I also learned that most of the people on the forum are tough guys that have never made a mistake.

George Santayana
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
2legit2quit,
As usual you are a reasonable person. Thank-you. I failed to mention that the restaurant was being run by 2 Thai girls that weighed about 100 pounds apiece. They were young and beautiful and it no doubt affected by thinking.

I have spent the last few days learning from the experience. I also learned that most of the people on the forum are tough guys that have never made a mistake.

No you have not learnt anything at all...most on this forum have made mistakes and had our arses kicked at some point in our lives, and as a result modified our approach and thinking.
Those of us that were fortunate had this happen when we were lads and received a valuable lesson...people like you blame it on everyone else and simply refuse to learn.

Case in point, you have not once raised your hand and said "well, that was a f_ck up...I won't be silly enough to do that again".

ppine Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Stuart,
You have a selective interpretation of what happened. I have been apologetic throughout the whole thing. You heard what you want to hear. In the quote above "I have spent the last few days learning from the experience." (to keep my mouth shut). I have mentioned this several times. I don't blame what happened on anyone else.

George Santayana
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
You simply couldn't just pay your bill and walk out?
Life's tough little buddy, wear a helmet.

FJB & FJT
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
What is a "Falcon Punch" called when delivered to a mangina?

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Page 13 of 14 1 2 11 12 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

575 members (24HourCampFireGuy50, 1936M71, 160user, 1minute, 222Sako, 1Longbow, 64 invisible), 2,411 guests, and 1,436 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,169
Posts18,484,568
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.