Home
Dayum.
A citizen would be spending time in gaol for any of those violations but coppers get a free pass.

I can see why the coppers are pissy about the Liberator being available
The_Real_Browneye is probably rubbing one out right now, and JSTUART is probably rubbing one out thinking about The_Real_Browneye rubbing one out.
I've never been a fan of the police to be truthful, but...

I've never had my ass kicked by the police for just standing on the street minding my own business. I doubt any in those videos have either, they were up to something, excepting a couple I saw.

The fact that those pictured were ne'er-do-wells up to no good doesn't excuse the atrocious behavior on the part of those cops either though. It's an absolute shame that like other gov't officials, they are above the law in many ways. An (sometimes)evil elite ruling class. I wouldn't blame someone for exacting revenge after getting out of the hospital/jail for being beaten like that needlessly. Laws of nature still apply in the civilized world lest we forget.

A family member of mine is a retired cop and he "gets it". We went to SHOT together once and he was looking at all the police gear displays and asked "Why the hell do cops feel the need to dress like that? Wonder why people are scared schittless of the police and hate us, they're geared up like a Navy SEAL to go on patrol and that ain't right." To be fair he worked some REALLY bad areas in his career, and has the scars, crooked nose, and limp to prove it and he still doesn't see the modern police militarization as a good thing. Truth to me is that the ones who choose to dress out in a combat loadup to go on patrol do so for the same reason the cops in the video beat people who were no threat to them at the time, THEY'RE F'ING BULLIES! Bully tough guy scumbags exist everywhere, it's the non-accountability for the police that seems to be rampant that needs to change.

I find it unacceptable that cops like these are not usually brought up on charges, just fired, if that. If they're given a pass because of their position and the usual BS "you don't know what it's like, you haven't walked in a cops shoes" line, then anyone who works a stressful job should be given a pass too. I know all about stress, but somehow I manage not to twist off on anyone and just beat them senseless when provoked. If I did, I KNOW I'd be in prison, why is it different for those with a badge?
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
The_Real_Browneye is probably rubbing one out right now, and JSTUART is probably rubbing one out thinking about The_Real_Browneye rubbing one out.

Hmm, do you get many thoughts going in that direction...it does seem a bit odd!

You are not queer, are you?
Originally Posted by RyeDaddy
I've never been a fan of the police to be truthful, but...

I've never had my ass kicked by the police for just standing on the street minding my own business. I doubt any in those videos have either, they were up to something, excepting a couple I saw.

The fact that those pictured were ne'er-do-wells up to no good doesn't excuse the atrocious behavior on the part of those cops either though. It's an absolute shame that like other gov't officials, they are above the law in many ways. An (sometimes)evil elite ruling class. I wouldn't blame someone for exacting revenge after getting out of the hospital/jail for being beaten like that needlessly. Laws of nature still apply in the civilized world lest we forget.

A family member of mine is a retired cop and he "gets it". We went to SHOT together once and he was looking at all the police gear displays and asked "Why the hell do cops feel the need to dress like that? Wonder why people are scared schittless of the police and hate us, they're geared up like a Navy SEAL to go on patrol and that ain't right." To be fair he worked some REALLY bad areas in his career, and has the scars, crooked nose, and limp to prove it and he still doesn't see the modern police militarization as a good thing. Truth to me is that the ones who choose to dress out in a combat loadup to go on patrol do so for the same reason the cops in the video beat people who were no threat to them at the time, THEY'RE F'ING BULLIES! Bully tough guy scumbags exist everywhere, it's the non-accountability for the police that seems to be rampant that needs to change.

I find it unacceptable that cops like these are not usually brought up on charges, just fired, if that. If they're given a pass because of their position and the usual BS "you don't know what it's like, you haven't walked in a cops shoes" line, then anyone who works a stressful job should be given a pass too. I know all about stress, but somehow I manage not to twist off on anyone and just beat them senseless when provoked. If I did, I KNOW I'd be in prison, why is it different for those with a badge?

preach on brother
Disgusting video.. I hope every one of those LEOs are now out of the force.. Intolerable behavior..
There's been three cops killed here in the past few years and most people I talk to think it's a good thing.
A retired banker I talk politics w/at breakfast told me about a cop being shot at the other day -said too bad the guy wasn't a better shot.
Kind of odd to hear citizens talk like that -but when you see vids like this it's easy to understand.

A prison guard had his throat cut a year ago and a person I know well said the other guards said he deserved it and there are several others they wish it would happen to..

The video I won't soon forget is the Deaf Indian [native American] whittling w/a pocket knife on a little tote'm pole thingy not bothering anybody. Cop yelling put the knife down -deaf guy didn't listen and was shot and killed.

I have heard more than one cop say they couldn't wait to retire -the new mentality of modern law enforcement sucks.
Knowing you are a LEO, I'm surprised you would post this. Would you be willing to share your motivation?

Video cameras in cell phones and Youtube has brought awareness of lawlessness perpetuated by law enforcers in America that has been a problem much longer than that technology. Officials in LEO or mayors offices, etc, have long denied the situation and continue to do so. More and more, the lie is shown to that denial with each new posting and out of court settlement. It will be difficult if not impossible to put this genie back in the bottle. But if it is not done and soon, by those in authority, the prospects are not good.

We cannot trust our government, we cannot trust the bureaucracy they have inflicted upon us, and we cannot the LEO's to treat us with decency and not brutality, or the court system to treat us with justice and impartiality unless we can afford elite representation. We have few choices remaining. Can anyone else see how this may not end well for anyone?
Originally Posted by rockchucker
when are we going to stand up to these overbearing cops?

Never, because every time they give the bums rush to a citizen They're fighting for our Freedom!! Until the cops start turning on each other and arresting their 'brother' when he gets out of line the abuse will continue. I'm tired of seeing cops stand around and watch their 'brother' go berserk and not restrain and arrest the offending officer.

I want the cops to ditch their combat gear and go back to this:

[Linked Image]

This is the only weapon besides a revolver a cop should be allowed to deploy:

[Linked Image]

No armored personnel carriers, that's just insane. Being a cop is a "people" job, the man makes the badge, the badge doesn't make the man.

[Linked Image]
it's not going to end well Ricky, I loved the description someone here gave recently about the thin veneer of civilization.

but to the OP, I'll stand up to the cops here, bunch of puzzies, but I don't want nada to do with no St. Lou MO cops.

those are some crazy sumbitches, they sell off all their rifles and just use big knives to kill chit! They are not to be messed with.
smile
In my next life, I want to be about 5'9", 170 pounds. I want to wear a size 9 shoe and have a little bitty wrench. I'm tired of carrying the load I've carried through this lifetime.

While I am at it, I want to be a fireman. That way, everybody will love me. I don't want to clean up the godawful messes that human beings make out of one another for no [bleep] reason at all, and I don't want to be the one to knock on a door at 2:00 in the morning to tell a set of parents that the kid they sent off to the prom won't be coming home.

Pi$$ on this business of being the police.

I don't want to work nights, weekends and holidays. I refuse to miss my kid's birthday party, my parents' anniversary party and church on Sunday. I want to be one of the folks who depend on someone else to make everything alright.
Originally Posted by rockchucker
smile

Ur killin me
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide
In my next life, I want to be about 5'9", 170 pounds. I want to wear a size 9 shoe and have a little bitty wrench. I'm tired of carrying the load I've carried through this lifetime.

While I am at it, I want to be a fireman. That way, everybody will love me. I don't want to clean up the godawful messes that human beings make out of one another for no [bleep] reason at all, and I don't want to be the one to knock on a door at 2:00 in the morning to tell a set of parents that the kid they sent off to the prom won't be coming home.

I don't want to work nights, weekends and holidays. I refuse to miss my kid's birthday party, my parents' anniversary party and church on Sunday. I want to be one of the folks who depend on someone else to make everything alright.

You forgot not having a judge tell you the broken arm you got in a fight should not result in jail time other than the weekend the guy spent there prior to going to court. After all there are inherent risks in your job and the bad guy got stitches.

-Z

Sounds like to me, in you next life you need to be born a BLACK LIBERAL DEMOCRAT - in the USA! That would be your best start!
Yessir, you got me there. I had buried that so deep I didn't call it to the surface.

Originally Posted by Darrel

Sounds like to me, in you next life you need to be born a BLACK LIBERAL DEMOCRAT - in the USA! That would be your best start!

Just because I don't want to be the police again, doesn't mean that I don't have standards.
Crimsontide,

Give it all up, put on your costume and become a superhero..... Clobbertime would be a good name for ya...... wink jump out of alleys and start bashing thugs with a folding chair........ That way the people would love you but the police would hate you.... Giving your alter ego good camouflage.....

CT - your so called "brethren" weren't making everything alright. I've seen small accountability towards the militaristic types. I long for the days when a cop was your friend - not an adversary.
Also - I could not handle that job!

Mark
Seriously thinking about driving the black van full time after I retire. There are so many who need a visit.

This.

I would like to able to work 8 to 4 and call it a day. To have days off and not worry about court, training or call outs. Be able to go to my kids after school events with out taking a vacation day.
Wish those cops received the same justice as the ones in this video.

I guess my comment is more like this. To ALL LEO's who think that this aggressive, excessive force is SOP and okay, how would you feel if this happened to YOUR wife, daughter, son, father, brother, mother, etc. IF they just happened to get stopped for some feeble reason and simply asked a question or two about why they were stopped and then got the living [bleep] beat out of them because that's "talking back to a cop"? The way people travel in this modern society, that is a 'possibility' you know!
IT IS WHAT COPS THEMSELVES HAVE DONE that has so changed society's way of looking at them and what they do. Cops are not immune to the law, but in some localities the law DOES tend to overlook their bullying ways. Respect is NOT earned by bullying or being a smart ass and a badge and a uniform in and of themselves do not earn respect! If cops/LEO's are hated in an area by so many "regular" citizens, then dammmit there is something wrong in that police department!

That right there is some funny chit!
Happy 4th!
crimson, first I want to thank you for the sacrifices you have made. next in all sincerity I would ask you as a leo could you see yourself going off on another human being like was shown in the video? if you can see it can you explain why? I've watched leo change from my friends fathers whom we thought where the biggest and greatest men to out of control alien types with a "us and them" mentality. be safe.
So why did you guys become cops? Did you know about the hardships and job conditions beforehand?

That's not a trick question or an in your face challenge, it's an honest question. For instance, I became a computer programmer because I like solving logic puzzles and 32 years ago it seemed like a career with a good future, which it was and still is.

You (all of the cops responding here) became a cop because... ?
Originally Posted by mark shubert

CT - your so called "brethren" weren't making everything alright. I've seen small accountability towards the militaristic types. I long for the days when a cop was your friend - not an adversary.
Also - I could not handle that job!

Mark

The small but highly important difference lies in the detail of just who calls them my "brethren". My brethren are Peace Officers. We carried groceries for the elderly. We stopped traffic for school children. We answered calls for service at all hours of the day and night and under all weather conditions. We told the truth, even when it meant we might lose a case in court. We held hands with dying children who were thrown out of cars in traffic collisions and we counseled healthy kids who were making bad life choices in the hope we could turn them around.

Not everyone who wears polyester and a badge is my brother. Many on the outside wouldn't know that.

Yeah, dang Coppers are off da chain main,shocked eek cry, their going on report. laugh

I wanna be a jellybean peckered midget next time round too CT. laugh laugh laugh.

Gunner
Originally Posted by deerstalker
crimson, first I want to thank you for the sacrifices you have made. next in all sincerity I would ask you as a leo could you see yourself going off on another human being like was shown in the video? if you can see it can you explain why? I've watched leo change from my friends fathers whom we thought where the biggest and greatest men to out of control alien types with a "us and them" mentality. be safe.

Deerstalker, I have to be honest. I didn't watch the video. I make no excuses for the behavior of posers and pretenders who hide behind a badge to carry out the grudges they have.

You ask if I could see myself going off against a human being.

The answer to that is yes.

Many years ago, I took a complaint of sex abuse against an 8 year old girl. Her Mother lived with a low life and worked as a cook at a local hotel.

The little girl told me how her Mother's boyfriend made her perform oral sex to completion on him every day when she came home from school, because her mother was still at the hotel working.

Her speech, demeanor and terminology were such that there was no doubt that this child was telling the truth. I immediately went to the county attourney and swore out an arrest warrant.

I then went to his residence and saw that his vehicle was in the driveway. I parked on the road, in sight of the squalid, single wide mobile home and walked around to the trunk of my car before taking off my gunbelt and locking it in the trunk.

My sidearm, my radio and my handcuffs went into the trunk before I walked up the path to the trailer.

The man opened the front door and stood there looking out at me. His first words were, "I saw you put your gun in the trunk of the car, what did you do that for?"

"Randy, I want to kill you so bad, I wasn't sure I could help myself. You have one chance to go get in the back seat of my car before I kill you with my hands."

He walked out barefooted and got in the backseat. I took him to jail and lodged him for the evil he had perpetrated on that little girl.

He was found not guilty by a jury of his peers and the Mother of this child could not leave him, because he provided a place for them to live.

I have no idea if the abuse continued. I never received another complaint about her, but about a year ago, I saw a picture of her. All grown up. With one eye swelled shut and in a mugshot after being arrested for domestic violence.

Maybe I should have killed him. Maybe I should have gone into his house and taken his life. If I had, maybe that kid would have had a chance at a normal life.

These are the things you cannot fix.

There is no "Us vs. Them" in my house. The problem with policing is that you have to hire humans for policemen. None that I know of, are perfect.

Not everyone who wears polyester and a badge is my brother. Many on the outside wouldn't know that.

Did you ever tell one of your 'brethren' to "STOP that!!" and arrest him on the spot and take the handcuffs off of somebody who was being illegally railroaded/rousted????
Gunner you have such a unique way of putting hard hitting info in such a short strand of words.... Lol

See ya in a week and a half.....
Originally Posted by PAMac
Gunner you have such a unique way of putting hard hitting info in such a short strand of words.... Lol

See ya in a week and a half.....

Caust I caint type Main laugh

Got the calendar slapped clean, bring it on Brutha. wink

Gunner
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
So why did you guys become cops? Did you know about the hardships and job conditions beforehand?

That's not a trick question or an in your face challenge, it's an honest question. For instance, I became a computer programmer because I like solving logic puzzles and 32 years ago it seemed like a career with a good future, which it was and still is.

Jim, I became a Trooper because my Grandfather, my hero, and the best friend I ever had, thought that Kentucky State Troopers were the pinnacle of law enforcement.

He's gone now, but as soon as I realized that he was of that opinion, my life's course was mapped out. Everything I did from about the 7th grade forward was geared in that direction.

I wanted to be a Trooper with all my heart. I was blessed to earn that title and later, to supervise Troopers.

There is no way to know all the the hardships and challenges of this job before you live them. You may be told of them and you may read about them but you have to live them to understand them completely.

It has been a good career for me. I have raised a son and fed my family. I am about to retire with a piddly check at age 41. I'll likely be looking for some other kind of employment, but I am not to proud to look for a job and I have no regrets about the life I have chosen.
Originally Posted by gonehuntin

Did you ever tell one of your 'brethren' to "STOP that!!" and arrest him on the spot and take the handcuffs off of somebody who was being illegally railroaded/rousted????

My wife, who retired last August, was involved in the arrest of one in our agency, just before she retired. He was out of line and his federal prison sentence reflects the same.

I have also served an arrest warrant on a Trooper I trained in the academy.

You don't hear of these things. They don't make YouTube.
No matter what job you hold, its hard to tell when its time to get out, move on, take a break. I respect the men who can keep it together, the ones who know when its getting to em, pitty the ones who didnt, and loathe the ones who get a kick out of hurting people. It has to be an extremely tough career.

My wife, who retired last August, was involved in the arrest of one in our agency, just before she retired. He was out of line and his federal prison sentence reflects the same.

I have also served an arrest warrant on a Trooper I trained in the academy.

You don't hear of these things. They don't make YouTube.

It would make a world of difference if The People knew about these matters.

Good luck on your retirement. Open a bait-'n-tackle shop?? Low stress, you meet fellow outdoorsmen, and everybody understands if you hang out a "Closed for Hunting" sign on the first day of deer season!!
It seems it is sort of a catch 22. If these stories make the news, they seem to be validation for those who think the police are dirty, rather than seeing that we will police our own house.

There seems to be no way to win in this day and time.
love you joel
Originally Posted by efw
Dayum.
Don't worry. Just a few bad apples. Of course, under that theory, it starts to get hard explaining why they often happen in pairs or groups of cops. Each time there's an additional cop involved (or two, or three, or four), you have to do the math to figure out the probability that the two or three or four bad cops on the entire force just happened to be there together that day. Oh, and then the math gets even crazier when you calculate in all the cops who stand around watching. All them just happen also to be the rare groupings of bad cops. The odds become astronomical at a certain point.

Quit. We need folks to run the street sweepers and such.

To answer your first question...it is impossible to know what the job is like until you experience it. I wouldn't really call any of it "hardships", except the stuff that eating stress does to you.

To answer your second question...I became a cop because hunting humans sounded like a cool way to make a living.
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Quit. We need folks to run the street sweepers and such.

I've been a garbage man, a street sweeper and a such. that's the part they don't tell you.

Jim, I became a Trooper because my Grandfather, my hero, and the best friend I ever had, thought that Kentucky State Troopers were the pinnacle of law enforcement.

He's gone now, but as soon as I realized that he was of that opinion, my life's course was mapped out. Everything I did from about the 7th grade forward was geared in that direction.

I wanted to be a Trooper with all my heart. I was blessed to earn that title and later, to supervise Troopers.

There is no way to know all the the hardships and challenges of this job before you live them. You may be told of them and you may read about them but you have to live them to understand them completely.

It has been a good career for me. I have raised a son and fed my family. I am about to retire with a piddly check at age 41. I'll likely be looking for some other kind of employment, but I am not to proud to look for a job and I have no regrets about the life I have chosen.

CT,

I watch a lot of your posts, & without a doubt, you are truly one of the "Good Guys" here.

I hope you enjoy your retirement & that it is long & happy.

MM

I've been a garbage man, a street sweeper and a such. that's the part they don't tell you.

...add accountant to that list.
So why did you guys become cops?

I thought about becoming a teacher, but am not a pedophile.

My memory may be wrong on this, but I don't recall you ever being an a-hole type cop here at the Fire, for what it's worth.
MontanaMan,

Thank you sir, I appreciate it.
Originally Posted by ltppowell

...add accountant to that list.

Dammit Pat, don't be telling people I do your taxes, they'll pester me to death.

wink

My memory may be wrong on this, but I don't recall you ever being an a-hole type cop here at the Fire, for what it's worth.

I don't have a thing in the world against you, and I didn't take offense at your post. I simply meant that kids hiring on any police agency aren't told they'll be glorified garbage men, street sweepers, social workers and counselors.

Should they be silly enough to promote, they'll be little more than an armed secretary.

Lol...now that I think about it, my position as "Grants Administration and Financial Officer" is a perfect example of unforeseen hardship. One of the reasons I became a cop was because they don't have to do math. smile
Man, I get a belly laugh out of that one.

My hypocrisy (and ciphering skills)ends with Sergeant.

Lol...now that I think about it, my position as "Grants Administration and Financial Officer" is a perfect example of unforeseen hardship. One of the reasons I became a cop was because they don't have to do math. smile

I hear you on the math Lt., Wifey has a masters in professional accountancy and a doctorate in finance, I would rather shovel stalls at the Copper horse barns than fool with numbers.

Gunner
I never intended to be a street cop. I intended on getting hired by fish and game. I wanted to be a conservation officer. But after college. I needed a job so i put myself through the academy and then got hired as the second man in a two man dept. i worked there part time until the township closed the dept. i ended up working for five depts part time while taking entrance exams. I ended up with my present dept full time and continued to take tests. With 3 state wildlife agencies. I finally realized i had a knack for dealing with people and stayed here. That was eleven years ago. Now i hate the job. Particularly the politics. Ive seen the hatred in other cops eyes because i testified against a cop. Ive looked atbthe face of one of my best friends and hunting buddies as he lay dead where he was gunned down trying to get help on the radio. Ive been the guy who has told parents their kids arent xoming home anymore. Ive told a 16 year old girl ahe was going to be ok as she was dying in my arms.

Have i ever felt like i could lose control. Absolutely I'm human. I wanted nothing more than to personally kill the sonovabitch who killed my friend. Ive also been the ine persecuted byba methhead whore who knew if she got convicted of another DUI she was going to lose her kids. She filed a complaint against me saying that i made her give me head so I wouldnt arrest her, then arrested her anyway after she did it. Nothing supported her claim, my milage and transport times supported me. The time stamp our key cards print matched with my call out time to the office. My admins new it was bullschit, the state police new it was Bull schit. But they kept the investigation going for almost 4 months before they dropped it and charged her. The stress ive dealt with because of that. Absolutely. I wanted to go find her and beat the ever living hell out of her, but for what? What would it solve.

There is good and bad in every career. Thats life. As long as humans live thats how life will be

Originally Posted by gonehuntin
I want the cops to ditch their combat gear and go back to this:

[Linked Image]

This is the only weapon besides a revolver a cop should be allowed to deploy:

[Linked Image]

No armored personnel carriers, that's just insane. Being a cop is a "people" job, the man makes the badge, the badge doesn't make the man.

When society goes back to being that way, I'll give up my "combat gear".

Welcome to 2013!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curtis_Allgier

[Linked Image]
GW, you bring up a very valid point.

Not all teachers are pedophiles....
Originally Posted by RDFinn

......but all cops are jackbooted thugs.

My memory may be wrong on this, but I don't recall TRH ever being a pedophile type teacher here at the Fire, for what it's worth.

.....well, of course. Why do you think I signed up ? I wanted to become a teacher but my grades were to high.

Well...if you insist, but I think you are being unfair to the rest of those in uniform.
Those who can, do; those who can't, teach.
Living proof that not all pedophiles are teachers.
....and those who can't teach.......teach teachers.
Joel gives an honest reply and you choose to be a dick.
....wasn't a choice. It's his calling.
I truly believe that TRH's hatred of police is caused by jealousy. I think he wanted to be a cop so bad he coukd taste it and when he couldnt make the grade, absolute hatred set in
Originally Posted by Mac84
Joel gives an honest reply and you choose to be a dick.
Yeah, but I sorta apologized for it. Sorta.
Originally Posted by deerstalker

Deerstalker, I have to be honest. I didn't watch the video. I make no excuses for the behavior of posers and pretenders who hide behind a badge to carry out the grudges they have.

You ask if I could see myself going off against a human being.

The answer to that is yes.

Many years ago, I took a complaint of sex abuse against an 8 year old girl. Her Mother lived with a low life and worked as a cook at a local hotel.

The little girl told me how her Mother's boyfriend made her perform oral sex to completion on him every day when she came home from school, because her mother was still at the hotel working.

Her speech, demeanor and terminology were such that there was no doubt that this child was telling the truth. I immediately went to the county attourney and swore out an arrest warrant.

I then went to his residence and saw that his vehicle was in the driveway. I parked on the road, in sight of the squalid, single wide mobile home and walked around to the trunk of my car before taking off my gunbelt and locking it in the trunk.

My sidearm, my radio and my handcuffs went into the trunk before I walked up the path to the trailer.

The man opened the front door and stood there looking out at me. His first words were, "I saw you put your gun in the trunk of the car, what did you do that for?"

"Randy, I want to kill you so bad, I wasn't sure I could help myself. You have one chance to go get in the back seat of my car before I kill you with my hands."

He walked out barefooted and got in the backseat. I took him to jail and lodged him for the evil he had perpetrated on that little girl.

He was found not guilty by a jury of his peers and the Mother of this child could not leave him, because he provided a place for them to live.

I have no idea if the abuse continued. I never received another complaint about her, but about a year ago, I saw a picture of her. All grown up. With one eye swelled shut and in a mugshot after being arrested for domestic violence.

Maybe I should have killed him. Maybe I should have gone into his house and taken his life. If I had, maybe that kid would have had a chance at a normal life.

These are the things you cannot fix.

There is no "Us vs. Them" in my house. The problem with policing is that you have to hire humans for policemen. None that I know of, are perfect.

i woulda killed the [bleep].....but as i said at the hunt i definitely know i dont have the mentality to be a police officer.....
i definitely know i dont have the mentality to be a police officer.....

When I was twenty-five years old my uncle told me I would be a good cop and he could help get me on the force. I told him I am too much of a coward for that, so he droped it.
i have way to short of a temper and a tendency to say "[bleep] it" and not always make the best decision in the heat of the moment......plus after dealing with my family i have a low tolerance for drunks.....or i would run into a guy like Joel described in his post and i wouldnt make the choice he did...in the heat of the moment i might decide "[bleep] it this kid is worth going to jail over" crazy
Living proof that not all pedophiles are teachers.

True...apparently c_nts in uniform can lean that way too.

Bloody useless sook aren't you....make sure you visit the very next time you take a holiday.
C.T.

After 36 years as a peace officer in Texas, I can associate with every thing you said. Every situation you stated I've been thru and know what you were feeling. Just as you, I wanted to be a voice for the oppressed & put the oppressor before the bench. Some times the bench didn't do their job, but that's just one of the hazards of the game we played. I read many of these tirades on here about the JBTs; however in my years, I was never witness to any of these atrocities which are mentioned. I guess I was just lucky. My best to you in your retirement and hope you find peace. For what its worth, find yourself a job doing what you really enjoy doing and it will help relieve a lot of that builtup anxiety. Good luck, brother.

Jim

To answer your first question...it is impossible to know what the job is like until you experience it. I wouldn't really call any of it "hardships", except the stuff that eating stress does to you.

To answer your second question...I became a cop because hunting humans sounded like a cool way to make a living.

+1

Also when your in your early 20's it's easy to work midnights with four hours sleep a day. It's not so easy when your 40.

When I became a cop I tried to work midnights every night. Of course that was before I had a wife and little kids.

Dink
CT

Reading your post made me smile, feel anger, and sad.

I can't tell you why I want to be a cop.. but I do. There is something inside me that tells me to do so. Since I was little.

smile
i am humbled by your restraint. I would have killed him and served the results. you are truly a peace officer.
I don't like muslims as a group. I know there are some that are good folks in most ways, but they are different from me.

I can make the same statement about LEO's. They don't think like I think or they wouldn't be cops.

The big difference between us is this:

I don't have a problem telling other people what to do.......... provided that I'm their boss. They have the option to tell me to go to hell and walk off the job.

We BOTH know that, so I'm considerate in how I go about telling him what to do.

Never in my wildest dreams have I wanted to be in a position to tell somebody else what to do and have the authority to force my will on him. That's totally foreign to my way of thinking.

It's the exact opposite of "Live and let live", which is the basic building block of human relations.

Now... complicate the deal even farther by requiring me to to deprive someone else of liberty based on what a third party tells me to do. Execute a search warrant or arrest warrant because someone unknown to me claims it is necessary?

Count me out.

All of you who are bemoaning your working conditions just please remember that I - and millions like me - didn't send for you. If you show up at my house, you are in the wrong place unless you came just to visit.

Two of my hunting friends are Campfire LEO's. I like 'em very much. But we know we don't think alike in areas other than hunting, family, and other important stuff.

I can testify to the fact that groups of cops were beating hell out of folks for no GOOD reason a long, long, time before video cameras were invented.

So this stuff is nothing new.

People who think different become cops. Not the other way around in my opinion. Whether they become law abiding cops or outlaw cops depends on their character or lack of it.
Pretty much how I see it.
99% of the time persons are deprived of their "liberty" because they broke the law.
Originally Posted by efw
Dayum.
Don't worry. Just a few bad apples. Of course, under that theory, it starts to get hard explaining why they often happen in pairs or groups of cops. Each time there's an additional cop involved (or two, or three, or four), you have to do the math to figure out the probability that the two or three or four bad cops on the entire force just happened to be there together that day. Oh, and then the math gets even crazier when you calculate in all the cops who stand around watching. All them just happen also to be the rare groupings of bad cops. The odds become astronomical at a certain point.

You are 100% correct, take a look at this:

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...lice_Commandeer_Homes_Get_Su#Post7872180
99% of the time persons are deprived of their "liberty" because they broke the law.

Absolutely correct.

At least when teachers find out that one of their colleagues is a pedophile they don't try to help them cover it up or even worse join in and start molesting the same child. I wish I could say the same for cops that see one of their own breaking the law.

And 99% of the time, the cop depriving them of their liberty didn't see, smell, taste, hear, or feel the offense committed. Traffic laws excepted.

I only read one and a half pages here...

I stopped at CT's post right here...

My first thoughts of seeing about 1/2 of this video, is that represents a small fraction of Police Officers... secondly it doesn't take into account, the people they were dealing with...

Thirdly, why do people expect Cops to take the crap they do and have NO reaction to dealing with dirt bags all day...

Sorry, but I am going to stand up for the cops... and if some perp is getting beaten on by an LEO, I would bet that the perp getting his asss kicked deserved it, more than a bunch of cops are on power trips...

personally I don't know how cops keep their cool under the circumstances they do it under...

I've stood up and put myself in harms way to stop some who was going to do harm to a LEO, who would have never seen it coming...

When I first moved to Oregon, I assisted a State Trooper at a large vehicle pile up on a mountain pass, that was on top of the highest point on Interstate 5. People were hurt, it was on Decemeber 15th so it was cold, and people were traveling to California or how and they were up there in T Shirts and flip flops no less.... I walked up to the one trooper who had made it up there.. he told me to get back in my vehicle. I told him I was a military trained medic, and was also a trained paramedic although my license was not current. I had also just moved here from MN so the weather was not an issue for me and I was more than dressed and had gear in my truck to keep myself warm, I had had crowd control training in the Reserves... how could I help...

he really appreciated the help, and asked me to get people off the road, in their vehicles.. to treat any emergencies I found.. he'd cover it under the good Samaritan law... his biggest concern was these idiots getting hypothermia, or hit by another vehicle coming down the hill and hitting the 300 yd long ice patch....

When all was said and done, I wrote a letter to the Oregon State Police HQ in Salem and complimented the officers handling of the situation, and his maintaining his professionalism in a bad situation... there were 25 vehicles in that pile up...and a semi with a driver from Fla, had blocked the entire interstate...

What got me, is that I wasn't really expecting a letter back from the State Police at all.... but I did in 2 weeks.. and what really got me it was started off as "WE DON'T GET MANY LETTERS LIKE THIS FROM THE PUBLIC...."

no, they get complaints, not support....

so back to the video, the ones getting their assses kicked by LEO, I'd give 10 to one odds they deserved it...
I had almost got my tears dried from reading poor CT's tale of woe and now you post your heartwarming and heroic story of your struggles in this mean old world.

Now I'm just bawlin' all over the place.

a cops role is to bring people into the justice system. Not to be judge, Jury or Executioner.

When did they start getting carte blanche to administer punishment?
My father in law in MN was a state trooper for 33 years, and retired back in the Mid 80s.. the last 18 years he was President of the State Patrolman's Association...

Never met a person who had a bad thing to say about him.. a religious man.. but always a fair man.... I've ridden with him in his cruiser multiple times... one of the most down to earth impressive men I have ever known....

yet we have a batch of LEO's on here that I know are the quality of my father in law ( now deceased).. they are just having to do it in a much rougher environment than he had to do it in... with a whole lot less of public support.

Crimson Tide is just one example of them... and many of these guys are former military personnel or like my father in law, was a National Guard member, who got activated and sent to Korea.

I grew up as a Military dependent... and I stand by those that have served our country... but LEOs are also people who serve our country and our communities... I for one am going to stand up and support them... just like I would one of our soldiers...

Supporting them doesn't make me a hero, it makes me appalled so many people in our society don't support them...

its BS that these boys are under the microscope 7 days a week, 24 hours a day, 365 days a week, for their entire career...

I see campfire members complain about all the trash we have in our society, and then complain about an LEO knocking the crap out of some of these people...

COPS deserve our support... not our scorn and disdain..

some methhead or ghetto punk gets his butt kicked, I'd say he deserved it..
Originally Posted by wildbill59
a cops role is to bring people into the justice system. Not to be judge, Jury or Executioner.

When did they start getting carte blanche to administer punishment?

its easy to set up in the bleachers and figure out what the quarterback ought to do, isn't it...

but put yourself down on the field, you might not be so damned self righteous....
Equating cops to the military is waaaaay off base. Their roles are entirely different.

In the military, the MISSION has paramount importance and casualties are expected and accepted. A soldier has no right to expect to "go home safe tonight" and his Superior Officers don't send him forth with those instructions.

And he can't just quit the job on his terms if he doesn't like it.

I'm not suggesting that cops should behave like soldiers. In fact, I despise it when they act like soldiers...... up to the point where their safety is in jeopardy.

You probably didn't intend to insult our military when you likened them to cops....... but you did.
Hello. My name's Bluedreaux, and I'm a bad cop.

I shouted at a teenager last night. Not a shout of warning like, "Watch out, you're sleeping on train tracks!", but a shout of anger. I felt like my lungs were on fire and I could feel the rage deep down inside me. It was all I could do to keep from shaking him.

You see, I was working at a fireworks show and this teenager came walking by and shouted, "Happy Independence Day!!! Four score and seven years ago!!!" I thought my head was going to explode. He was walking through a crowd of around 100K people, so chasing him down to give him a face to face history lesson just wasn't feasible. But I shouted. Oh I shouted. I went into an instant rant about the Declaration of Independence, the Civil War, Gettysburg, Lincoln, and that the "four score and seven years" is a clue about exactly how far off he was in his American history. I'm not sure the kid heard anything after, "What?!?!?! You're wrong!!!" But everyone else got an earful. A few people stopped to listen, or watch the cop with the red face ramble about American history, and my partner thought the whole scene was hilarious (mostly because he's used to spontaneous history or grammar lessons during our shift).

So there I was. Exerting my authority. Shouting at some innocent poor soul who'd done nothing to provoke me. I admit it. And admitting you have a problem is the first step to overcoming it. But I don't think I'll ever progress past this point. I'll admit that shouting at people about their total and blissful ignorance about all that makes this country great might not be socially acceptable, I'll likely do it again. Often.

In other news, I did high-five about 100 kids and had my picture taken with about twice that many. I didn't shout at any, didn't shoot their puppies, didn't violate any rights and even loaned out my cell phone to a few moms-in-need. Redemption may be within my reach.

Go forth, my son, and sin no more. grin

Attached picture ProtectandServe.jpg

That's an interesting stat. Upon what do you base it?
Originally Posted by Ringman

Yes, either he provides the peer-reviewed study he's referring to, or he's a lying piece of crap. I believe that's the standard here at the Fire when a specific percentage is referenced in casual conversation.
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux

I shouted at a teenager last night. Not a shout of warning like, "Watch out, you're sleeping on train tracks!", but a shout of anger. I felt like my lungs were on fire and I could feel the rage deep down inside me. It was all I could do to keep from shaking him.

You see, I was working at a fireworks show and this teenager came walking by and shouted, "Happy Independence Day!!! Four score and seven years ago!!!" I thought my head was going to explode. He was walking through a crowd of around 100K people, so chasing him down to give him a face to face history lesson just wasn't feasible. But I shouted. Oh I shouted. I went into an instant rant about the Declaration of Independence, the Civil War, Gettysburg, Lincoln, and that the "four score and seven years" is a clue about exactly how far off he was in his American history. I'm not sure the kid heard anything after, "What?!?!?! You're wrong!!!" But everyone else got an earful. A few people stopped to listen, or watch the cop with the red face ramble about American history, and my partner thought the whole scene was hilarious (mostly because he's used to spontaneous history or grammar lessons during our shift).

So there I was. Exerting my authority. Shouting at some innocent poor soul who'd done nothing to provoke me. I admit it. And admitting you have a problem is the first step to overcoming it. But I don't think I'll ever progress past this point. I'll admit that shouting at people about their total and blissful ignorance about all that makes this country great might not be socially acceptable, I'll likely do it again. Often.

In other news, I did high-five about 100 kids and had my picture taken with about twice that many. I didn't shout at any, didn't shoot their puppies, didn't violate any rights and even loaned out my cell phone to a few moms-in-need. Redemption may be within my reach.

Hello, my name is Gunner, I'm a rednecked asswhole, I used to kick in doors and bust up partys to bring home the teenage girl we were raising cause her parents were both killed.

The Police used to shake my hand and thank me. grin

Gunner
I found the motel where my girlfriend's 16 YO daughter was, along with a couple of her girlfriends and the Rock band that was playing the club the girls had sneaked into.

I just loaded all 3 girls up and brought 'em home. No ruckus.

Next morning I went to the club and banged on the door 'til it opened. I was explaining to the owner the sort of action he could expect if I ever found that he had allowed one of these girls in his club again.

The band was loading their gear and the drummer [I found out later it was the drummer] came in and started to mouth off.

I assisted him in assuming a position on the floor and placed a filing cabinet on top of him to keep him warm.

The club owner had called the cops to come shake my hand but I was needed at my rig two counties South of there and skipped the festivities.
laugh LMAO, BTDT CurDog, signed some lawyer papers long ago at the urging of an old traveling hand Bud of mine, were anything to ever happen to he and his wife we'd take his daughter in and raise her.

Every door I splintered I done in my ole Buds honor, a Mains gotta keep his word to his ole Friend dontcha know.

Gunner

Come on Blue, you didn't tase the kid???
One more display like that and you will have to turn in your Jack Boots! grin
The small but highly important difference lies in the detail of just who calls them my "brethren". My brethren are Peace Officers. We carried groceries for the elderly. We stopped traffic for school children. We answered calls for service at all hours of the day and night and under all weather conditions. We told the truth, even when it meant we might lose a case in court. We held hands with dying children who were thrown out of cars in traffic collisions and we counseled healthy kids who were making bad life choices in the hope we could turn them around.

I have no doubt you're one of the good ones and are deserving of the gratitude and respect of the citizens in your area CT. I also have no doubt there are many of the "jack booted thug" types out there {I've seen them for myself without a doubt} and those types should be dragged from their beds in the middle of the night by angry mobs of hooded citizens and crucified in their front yards while their houses are burned to the ground. I believe the abuses of citizens by the police/gov't will continue to get worse until they're shown just who is really in charge and taught a little respect.
Originally Posted by gunner500
laugh LMAO, BTDT CurDog, signed some lawyer papers long ago at the urging of an old traveling hand Bud of mine, were anything to ever happen to he and his wife we'd take his daughter in and raise her.

Every door I splintered I done in my ole Buds honor, a Mains gotta keep his word to his ole Friend dontcha know.

Gunner

You DREAM STEALER! Poor lad's just getting ready to taste the sweet honey of a tender flower when you come busting through the door! Bet that caused a reversal of blood flow in a few young men. shocked

growing up, working on a farm, I'd see guys our age now, some of them with daughters, they were gray, had some paunch from eating well, but they still had those thick wrists and calloused hands and even through my sheer stupidity of adolescence I knew I didn't ever want those hands wrapped around my neck for any reason!

so I tried to be very discreet. whistle
holy schit this rolling turd got some legs and rolled to hell fast
no matter the subject matter Bobby it always eventually boils back down to busting cherries! (grin)
Lotsa cops out there,...lots of different situations,..cultures.

Basically,...the way I see it is, the rougher the culture, the rougher the cops who work within it.

It's probably not a good idea to get sideways of somebody who spends his day dealing with the scum who inhabit the big cities.

In the first place, they were probably pretty rough to start with and the job has made them rougher.

There's absolutely no excuse for some of the behavior you see from some cops these days,..but it's a mistake to paint the entire profession with one brush.

State cops here seem to be held to a pretty high standard of behavior.

The city cops here in Lexington seem to get few complaints.

80 miles up the road in Cincinnati, I've heard that they can be pretty rough.

It just depends on where they are and how rough a person it takes to be a cop there.

In the sprit of balance, we can't forget this Officer:

Joel,

I went through my career as a 5'8", 160lb, four-eyed, white boy. You don't get a lot of immediate respect with those attributes. You earn it.

I have seen enough human misery for a dozen people, inflicted some of it myself on others and had it inflicted on me.

That said, I cannot imagine having done anything else for most of my adult life. I'm just glad now that I can slow down a bit and not feel responsible for thousands of people at once, just the few in my immediate vicinity.

There are some people wearing the badge that never should be, and some that don't that should. Some I would gladly go through any door with, some I would get back in my car and drive away.

I'm glad I made it out alive. I will carry the scars for the rest of my life, but they are reminders of the responsibility that was placed on me when I raised my right hand, the authority that the citizens gave me to carry out those responsibilities, and the trust that I would use that authority wisely.

Not many professions carry the ability to completely and utterly destroy another persons life. I am honored to have served and protected.

I just wish that all who wear the badge would remember that and act as if it truly is an honor, not just a paycheck or a way to act out their issues.

Ed
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

Antelope Sniper, In all fairness, you should know that that Trooper was fired shortly after that stop. He was one of the first to have an in-car camera. He was chosen because of all of the citizen complaints against him of rude, abusive, obnoxious behavior.

When the camera was put in his car he knew he had to do something to make himself look better. He could turn the camera on and off, unlike most in-car units now, so he would do so, selectively.
He would get the driver really wound up by being obnoxious during the initial contact, go back to his car and write the ticket, THEN turn the camera on and go back acting as if he were the epitome of kinder, gentler police work while the driver would go off on him. Sadistic prick.

He was still getting complaints, and his supervisors knew that they didn't have the whole story, so they rigged the camera to stay on at all times. He was caught the very next day, doing his worst.

So, this guy is probably NOT the one to hold up as a good example. sick

Ed
Thanks Ed, I greatly apprecite hearing "The Rest of the Story".
With your addendum it does make a great case for the use of video and why it should be a felony for cops to mess with the video, or citizen taping them.

Reality.

Reality.
So you conducted and published the study yourself? In what publication was it published. I'd like to examine your exact methodology for arriving at that very specific percentage.

I hope when you were engaged with these future criminals you used the word tyranny several times.

Yes, either he provides the peer-reviewed study he's referring to, or he's a lying piece of crap. I believe that's the standard here at the Fire when a specific percentage is referenced in casual conversation.

A lying piece of crap ? Here's one "peer review" ......

Originally Posted by JSTUART

Absolutely correct.
Originally Posted by curdog4570

And 99% of the time, the cop depriving them of their liberty didn't see, smell, taste, hear, or feel the offense committed. Traffic laws excepted.

You're a lying POC (hey that's cop spelled backwards). Please provide the peer review from which you draw these erroneous stats you tyrannical SOB.......
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

Is the driver TRH ?
Doubtful, because that would mean he would've had to have left his basement to get pulled over.
laffin
Hey guys. I got some new jackboots today. Got a ten percent discount cause i said i was gonna shoot dogs in yards tonight
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
Originally Posted by gunner500

Gunner

You DREAM STEALER! Poor lad's just getting ready to taste the sweet honey of a tender flower when you come busting through the door! Bet that caused a reversal of blood flow in a few young men. shocked

growing up, working on a farm, I'd see guys our age now, some of them with daughters, they were gray, had some paunch from eating well, but they still had those thick wrists and calloused hands and even through my sheer stupidity of adolescence I knew I didn't ever want those hands wrapped around my neck for any reason!

so I tried to be very discreet. whistle

LMAO, I said books open, legs closed missy!!!!!!!

And same here on the old farmers eek, I remember em well myself. <G>

Gunner
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Hey guys. I got some new jackboots today. Got a ten percent discount cause i said i was gonna shoot dogs in yards tonight

If they come in size 6 EP [extra pusssy] I'll take a pair. grin

Gunner
Ill check Gunner. No promises though, it was damned tough finding a size 15 for my own feet

Better give your old pair to Blue, I think he got his taken away for supporting the Declaration of Independence, failing to tase a minor, and displaying above average IQ during the service of a Search Warrant.
Ill check Gunner. No promises though, it was damned tough finding a size 15 for my own feet

I knew I could count on you. grin

Gunner
Naa he doesnt want my old ones. I found a manure pond in a pasture last night on a foot chase. Those boots( and pants and shirt) went in the dump
I like cops for the most part. I'm very happy they are here, I wouldn't want to do their job. In the case of these videos though, there needs to be justice against cops who think they are god. I have dealt with some like that, very few though. I know multiple cops who are great people. They should all not be lumped into the same group. The small percentage of bad cops who do this should be in jail or beaten themselves. The large percentage of cops who are great people should be celebrated for their courage and duty. Ryan
As far as the video. I cringed at some of thwm but other clips need alot more context and details before judgement can be made

Reality.
I've spent a good bit of my working life being a controller for family run businesses of between 5 and 20 million annual revenues. The one thing I learned early on and has been confirmed in every case, is people who can make their own reality. I'd be inclined to believe a significant portion of cops are among those.
Agreed. The last thing ol Hawkee should be waxing on about is reality.

A lying piece of crap ? Here's one "peer review" ......

Absolutely correct.

I will stand for that number here in my locale.

That said, I live in a town where the locals would kick to death any stranger that gave one of our local coppers a hiding.

We do not take kindly to one of ours being knocked about.

(ps, and the locals don't knock coppers around as it is "not done").

That said, I live in a town where the locals would kick to death any stranger that gave one of our local coppers a hiding.

We do not take kindly to one of ours being knocked about.

(ps, and the locals don't knock coppers around as it is "not done").
What if one of yer 'local coppers' was beatin' up a granny who's just layin' on the ground and tryin' to 'comply'? That ok too?
© 24hourcampfire