Hop To
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by efw
Dayum.
Don't worry. Just a few bad apples. Of course, under that theory, it starts to get hard explaining why they often happen in pairs or groups of cops. Each time there's an additional cop involved (or two, or three, or four), you have to do the math to figure out the probability that the two or three or four bad cops on the entire force just happened to be there together that day. Oh, and then the math gets even crazier when you calculate in all the cops who stand around watching. All them just happen also to be the rare groupings of bad cops. The odds become astronomical at a certain point.

You are 100% correct, take a look at this:

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...lice_Commandeer_Homes_Get_Su#Post7872180

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by RDFinn
99% of the time persons are deprived of their "liberty" because they broke the law.

Absolutely correct.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I thought about becoming a teacher, but am not a pedophile.

At least when teachers find out that one of their colleagues is a pedophile they don't try to help them cover it up or even worse join in and start molesting the same child. I wish I could say the same for cops that see one of their own breaking the law.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RDFinn
99% of the time persons are deprived of their "liberty" because they broke the law.

And 99% of the time, the cop depriving them of their liberty didn't see, smell, taste, hear, or feel the offense committed. Traffic laws excepted.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide
In my next life, I want to be about 5'9", 170 pounds. I want to wear a size 9 shoe and have a little bitty wrench. I'm tired of carrying the load I've carried through this lifetime.

While I am at it, I want to be a fireman. That way, everybody will love me. I don't want to clean up the godawful messes that human beings make out of one another for no [bleep] reason at all, and I don't want to be the one to knock on a door at 2:00 in the morning to tell a set of parents that the kid they sent off to the prom won't be coming home.

Pi$$ on this business of being the police.

I don't want to work nights, weekends and holidays. I refuse to miss my kid's birthday party, my parents' anniversary party and church on Sunday. I want to be one of the folks who depend on someone else to make everything alright.

I only read one and a half pages here...

I stopped at CT's post right here...

My first thoughts of seeing about 1/2 of this video, is that represents a small fraction of Police Officers... secondly it doesn't take into account, the people they were dealing with...

Thirdly, why do people expect Cops to take the crap they do and have NO reaction to dealing with dirt bags all day...

Sorry, but I am going to stand up for the cops... and if some perp is getting beaten on by an LEO, I would bet that the perp getting his asss kicked deserved it, more than a bunch of cops are on power trips...

personally I don't know how cops keep their cool under the circumstances they do it under...

I've stood up and put myself in harms way to stop some who was going to do harm to a LEO, who would have never seen it coming...

When I first moved to Oregon, I assisted a State Trooper at a large vehicle pile up on a mountain pass, that was on top of the highest point on Interstate 5. People were hurt, it was on Decemeber 15th so it was cold, and people were traveling to California or how and they were up there in T Shirts and flip flops no less.... I walked up to the one trooper who had made it up there.. he told me to get back in my vehicle. I told him I was a military trained medic, and was also a trained paramedic although my license was not current. I had also just moved here from MN so the weather was not an issue for me and I was more than dressed and had gear in my truck to keep myself warm, I had had crowd control training in the Reserves... how could I help...

he really appreciated the help, and asked me to get people off the road, in their vehicles.. to treat any emergencies I found.. he'd cover it under the good Samaritan law... his biggest concern was these idiots getting hypothermia, or hit by another vehicle coming down the hill and hitting the 300 yd long ice patch....

When all was said and done, I wrote a letter to the Oregon State Police HQ in Salem and complimented the officers handling of the situation, and his maintaining his professionalism in a bad situation... there were 25 vehicles in that pile up...and a semi with a driver from Fla, had blocked the entire interstate...

What got me, is that I wasn't really expecting a letter back from the State Police at all.... but I did in 2 weeks.. and what really got me it was started off as "WE DON'T GET MANY LETTERS LIKE THIS FROM THE PUBLIC...."

no, they get complaints, not support....

so back to the video, the ones getting their assses kicked by LEO, I'd give 10 to one odds they deserved it...

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I had almost got my tears dried from reading poor CT's tale of woe and now you post your heartwarming and heroic story of your struggles in this mean old world.

Now I'm just bawlin' all over the place.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
a cops role is to bring people into the justice system. Not to be judge, Jury or Executioner.

When did they start getting carte blanche to administer punishment?

Feel the Bern in your wallet.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
My father in law in MN was a state trooper for 33 years, and retired back in the Mid 80s.. the last 18 years he was President of the State Patrolman's Association...

Never met a person who had a bad thing to say about him.. a religious man.. but always a fair man.... I've ridden with him in his cruiser multiple times... one of the most down to earth impressive men I have ever known....

yet we have a batch of LEO's on here that I know are the quality of my father in law ( now deceased).. they are just having to do it in a much rougher environment than he had to do it in... with a whole lot less of public support.

Crimson Tide is just one example of them... and many of these guys are former military personnel or like my father in law, was a National Guard member, who got activated and sent to Korea.

I grew up as a Military dependent... and I stand by those that have served our country... but LEOs are also people who serve our country and our communities... I for one am going to stand up and support them... just like I would one of our soldiers...

Supporting them doesn't make me a hero, it makes me appalled so many people in our society don't support them...

its BS that these boys are under the microscope 7 days a week, 24 hours a day, 365 days a week, for their entire career...

I see campfire members complain about all the trash we have in our society, and then complain about an LEO knocking the crap out of some of these people...

COPS deserve our support... not our scorn and disdain..

some methhead or ghetto punk gets his butt kicked, I'd say he deserved it..

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by wildbill59
a cops role is to bring people into the justice system. Not to be judge, Jury or Executioner.

When did they start getting carte blanche to administer punishment?

its easy to set up in the bleachers and figure out what the quarterback ought to do, isn't it...

but put yourself down on the field, you might not be so damned self righteous....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Equating cops to the military is waaaaay off base. Their roles are entirely different.

In the military, the MISSION has paramount importance and casualties are expected and accepted. A soldier has no right to expect to "go home safe tonight" and his Superior Officers don't send him forth with those instructions.

And he can't just quit the job on his terms if he doesn't like it.

I'm not suggesting that cops should behave like soldiers. In fact, I despise it when they act like soldiers...... up to the point where their safety is in jeopardy.

You probably didn't intend to insult our military when you likened them to cops....... but you did.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hello. My name's Bluedreaux, and I'm a bad cop.

I shouted at a teenager last night. Not a shout of warning like, "Watch out, you're sleeping on train tracks!", but a shout of anger. I felt like my lungs were on fire and I could feel the rage deep down inside me. It was all I could do to keep from shaking him.

You see, I was working at a fireworks show and this teenager came walking by and shouted, "Happy Independence Day!!! Four score and seven years ago!!!" I thought my head was going to explode. He was walking through a crowd of around 100K people, so chasing him down to give him a face to face history lesson just wasn't feasible. But I shouted. Oh I shouted. I went into an instant rant about the Declaration of Independence, the Civil War, Gettysburg, Lincoln, and that the "four score and seven years" is a clue about exactly how far off he was in his American history. I'm not sure the kid heard anything after, "What?!?!?! You're wrong!!!" But everyone else got an earful. A few people stopped to listen, or watch the cop with the red face ramble about American history, and my partner thought the whole scene was hilarious (mostly because he's used to spontaneous history or grammar lessons during our shift).

So there I was. Exerting my authority. Shouting at some innocent poor soul who'd done nothing to provoke me. I admit it. And admitting you have a problem is the first step to overcoming it. But I don't think I'll ever progress past this point. I'll admit that shouting at people about their total and blissful ignorance about all that makes this country great might not be socially acceptable, I'll likely do it again. Often.

In other news, I did high-five about 100 kids and had my picture taken with about twice that many. I didn't shout at any, didn't shoot their puppies, didn't violate any rights and even loaned out my cell phone to a few moms-in-need. Redemption may be within my reach.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Go forth, my son, and sin no more. grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Attached Images
ProtectandServe.jpg (23.41 KB, 228 downloads)

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

That's an interesting stat. Upon what do you base it?

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Ringman

That's an interesting stat. Upon what do you base it?
Yes, either he provides the peer-reviewed study he's referring to, or he's a lying piece of crap. I believe that's the standard here at the Fire when a specific percentage is referenced in casual conversation.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux

I shouted at a teenager last night. Not a shout of warning like, "Watch out, you're sleeping on train tracks!", but a shout of anger. I felt like my lungs were on fire and I could feel the rage deep down inside me. It was all I could do to keep from shaking him.

You see, I was working at a fireworks show and this teenager came walking by and shouted, "Happy Independence Day!!! Four score and seven years ago!!!" I thought my head was going to explode. He was walking through a crowd of around 100K people, so chasing him down to give him a face to face history lesson just wasn't feasible. But I shouted. Oh I shouted. I went into an instant rant about the Declaration of Independence, the Civil War, Gettysburg, Lincoln, and that the "four score and seven years" is a clue about exactly how far off he was in his American history. I'm not sure the kid heard anything after, "What?!?!?! You're wrong!!!" But everyone else got an earful. A few people stopped to listen, or watch the cop with the red face ramble about American history, and my partner thought the whole scene was hilarious (mostly because he's used to spontaneous history or grammar lessons during our shift).

So there I was. Exerting my authority. Shouting at some innocent poor soul who'd done nothing to provoke me. I admit it. And admitting you have a problem is the first step to overcoming it. But I don't think I'll ever progress past this point. I'll admit that shouting at people about their total and blissful ignorance about all that makes this country great might not be socially acceptable, I'll likely do it again. Often.

In other news, I did high-five about 100 kids and had my picture taken with about twice that many. I didn't shout at any, didn't shoot their puppies, didn't violate any rights and even loaned out my cell phone to a few moms-in-need. Redemption may be within my reach.

Hello, my name is Gunner, I'm a rednecked asswhole, I used to kick in doors and bust up partys to bring home the teenage girl we were raising cause her parents were both killed.

The Police used to shake my hand and thank me. grin

Gunner

Trump Won!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I found the motel where my girlfriend's 16 YO daughter was, along with a couple of her girlfriends and the Rock band that was playing the club the girls had sneaked into.

I just loaded all 3 girls up and brought 'em home. No ruckus.

Next morning I went to the club and banged on the door 'til it opened. I was explaining to the owner the sort of action he could expect if I ever found that he had allowed one of these girls in his club again.

The band was loading their gear and the drummer [I found out later it was the drummer] came in and started to mouth off.

I assisted him in assuming a position on the floor and placed a filing cabinet on top of him to keep him warm.

The club owner had called the cops to come shake my hand but I was needed at my rig two counties South of there and skipped the festivities.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
laugh LMAO, BTDT CurDog, signed some lawyer papers long ago at the urging of an old traveling hand Bud of mine, were anything to ever happen to he and his wife we'd take his daughter in and raise her.

Every door I splintered I done in my ole Buds honor, a Mains gotta keep his word to his ole Friend dontcha know.

Gunner

Trump Won!
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux

Come on Blue, you didn't tase the kid???
One more display like that and you will have to turn in your Jack Boots! grin

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide
The small but highly important difference lies in the detail of just who calls them my "brethren". My brethren are Peace Officers. We carried groceries for the elderly. We stopped traffic for school children. We answered calls for service at all hours of the day and night and under all weather conditions. We told the truth, even when it meant we might lose a case in court. We held hands with dying children who were thrown out of cars in traffic collisions and we counseled healthy kids who were making bad life choices in the hope we could turn them around.

Not everyone who wears polyester and a badge is my brother. Many on the outside wouldn't know that.

I have no doubt you're one of the good ones and are deserving of the gratitude and respect of the citizens in your area CT. I also have no doubt there are many of the "jack booted thug" types out there {I've seen them for myself without a doubt} and those types should be dragged from their beds in the middle of the night by angry mobs of hooded citizens and crucified in their front yards while their houses are burned to the ground. I believe the abuses of citizens by the police/gov't will continue to get worse until they're shown just who is really in charge and taught a little respect.

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

608 members (10Glocks, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 12344mag, 57 invisible), 2,674 guests, and 1,415 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,409
Posts18,528,073
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.