Home
.....KTFO! You can't clown around and toy with these guys and Weidman put it on him! Great night of fights and its been a while since I said that
Thanks for the update!
Round and how it went down?
2nd round.

Anderson just kept taunting him and standing in front of him with his hands down clowning with Weidman and Weidman put it on him. It was classic.

Too funny! Guess he's not taunting anyone now.

Bob
Good.
If anybody wants me to text the video from my phone just PM me a number
Dammit, every time I rent I'm disappointed. Would like to have seen that.
videos texted
I can not understand why that a-hole stands there with his arms at his [bleep] sides like that...

Good to see him go down, though!
Originally Posted by Tanner
I can not understand why that a-hole stands there with his arms at his [bleep] sides like that...

My guess is the first round was tough on Silva ands he was trying to bait Weidman in for a strike. Weidman was too fast, though.

Wathc it on PPV--Still don;t believe it.

BMT
My son-in-law said he saw a difference in Silva near the end of the first round. He thought Silva thought he had this guy pegged. He apparently didn't read the stats that Weidman's reach was as long as his. He didn't seem to notice Weidman was as quick as he was so he definitely earned the loss.

He sounded a little loopy after the fight. He said he would not fight for the belt because he is tired but wants ten more fights. crazy He said fighting for the belt is too hard. What in the world does than mean?

[Linked Image]
Haha the worst shot he took was to his package, watch Weidmans right leg as he goes down
I'm not a Silva hater but his showboating was over the top. It was great seeing him get served a cup of shut the F up. He got JACKED.
Weidman must have some super fast hand techniques. The punch that ended it was a quasi-hook/left cross and his hand wasn't aligned with his forearm. Silva's jaw wrapped around and hit his own left ear; he was out on his feet. Maybe that'll stop some of that "Look at how great I am" showboating he's been doing. Perhaps in an analysis of the fight someone will ask Silva why he didn't have his hands up. I think he was showboating in the octagon again by taunting Weidman. I'll betcha you won't see him with his hands down again.
Originally Posted by huntsonora

[Linked Image]
I think Silva was a bit of a big fish in a small pond, so to speak. There wasn't too much extravagant fighters in that weight class. It seems there are a bunch of guysfighting off or down a weight class. He finally met a well rounded, true 185 guy. Plus, that amds down crap was only going to last so long.
Ali used to pull that crap in exhibition matches where he was "boxing" some over-the-hill white guy. He'd duck and dodge, bob & weave, and the 30+ fighter who was never that good to begin with, couldn't lay a glove on Ali. You never saw Ali pull that bullshit when he was in the ring with Frazier, Foreman, Norton or Holmes.
Anderson has been doing that for years and was able to bait every opponent into playing his game. If Weidman had just turned into another one of Anderson's victims, we'd all be talking about how brilliant Anderson is and yadda yadda yadda. Weidman had the chops and composure to do what no one else has been able to do to Anderson. The combo he caught Anderson with was a product of great tape study, studious drilling and the fight IQ to know when to impliment it. He hit Anderson clean, Anderson did his little sarcastic "that hurt" dance, Weidman missed the next shot but then tossed that backhanded right flicker jab. From watching tape of Anderson, he knew that Anderson would crane back and to his left. So as soon as Weidman tossed that flicker jab out there, he threw the left hook (actually almost a borderline left straight). Anderson's head positioning didn't allow for him to recoil at all, and he took the full brunt of the punch - not to mention that he was off balance to begin with. And then Weidman swooped in with the coffin nails on the floor.

Very little of this fight was about what Anderson did wrong or how his showboating bit him in the ass - it's all about what Weidman was able to do. Anderson's showboating is an integral part of his style and Weidman properly trained to deal with it.

Brian.
I don't see all this brilliance everyone is expounding on.

He was show boating and got caught with a half assed flea flicker punch that knocked him out because his head was fully extended rearward and had no where to go...snap-goodnight Irene.

An opportunity presented itself, the guy managed to throw something out there and it stuck. Weidman's entire body was moving towards the spider just as his arm extended and made contact., so that punch had more behind than you might think.

Trying to equate it with the science that goes into a moonshot is a little funny.

Originally Posted by JohnMoses

Trying to equate it with the science that goes into a moonshot is a little funny.

At this level the science is there.
Originally Posted by JohnMoses

I'm glad you found it amusing.

Brian.
Whatever the reason, Silva got what he deserved. Glad to see it.
Love seeing that showboating azzhole get pounded. He richly deserved it.
Originally Posted by BarryC
Love seeing that showboating azzhole get pounded. He richly deserved it.

Agree and the knee he got when on the matt was icing on the cake
magnumdood
don't forget Jimmy Young

plab
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SE5tei2NUps
Originally Posted by huntsonora
.....KTFO! You can't clown around and toy with these guys and Weidman put it on him! Great night of fights and its been a while since I said that

LMAO, I'm no MMA fer damn sure, but even I know not to underestimate ANYBODY, sounds like Silva found what he was lookin for. grin

Gunner
Haha! I didn't even notice the knee to the cock.... classic.
Weidman was built to destroy silva, silver never fights against guys as athletic as him, and the biggest thing, he usually had 4" of reach over everyone in his class. weidman matches him stat for stat, and is just as quick as silva, weidman is also just as good as silver on the ground which scared AS because he knew he had to rely on his stand up with this guy as he wasnt gonna easily submit him, ive said it for a long time that when AS is matched with someone of his own stats (reach speed etc) who is a accomplished striker, he will fall, and he fell HARD.
That division is now wide open. It was interesting in the post fight interviews because Weidman said he would take on anyone, and Cheal Sonnen had to correct him. You know that Sonnen is chomping at the bit to get a fight with this kid now. He has been the closest to beating Silva in recent history. Weidman now became a big fish in a little pond.

I am glad that Silva got knocked out, its about time someone did it. It was almost like he didn't want to fight. I think he got tired of defending the title and pretty much gave up.
Anderson will destroy Weidman in the rematch. Anderson would beat this guy 4 out of 5.
Originally Posted by cutNshoot
Anderson will destroy Weidman in the rematch. Anderson would beat this guy 4 out of 5.

Not anymore. The veil of invincibility is gone.

Same thing happened with Fedor. Best in the world, till he got beat by a slip up in a ground and pound.

Then Dan Henderson KO's him.

at 7:55 in video.

Nobody is indestructible.

BMT

BMT
It seems most of you guys forgot Sonon kicked Silva's butt for thirteen and a half minutes. Not just a knockout, but pummeled him for thirteen and a half minutes before the triangle.

BMT,

Thanks for the vid. I heard about that but didn't get to see.
Think Anderson has just got to old?
Originally Posted by BMT

I don't think so. Silva probably fought exactly like he trained - cocky & sloppy. I'll bet he is too cocky to listen to coaching, which is the only thing that could possibly break him of his sloppy habits.
Originally Posted by BMT

Same thing happened with Fedor. Best in the world, till he got beat by a slip up in a ground and pound.

Then Dan Henderson KO's him.

at 7:55 in video.

Nobody is indestructible.

BMT

BMT

Henderson is my all-time favorite MMA fighter! As much as I loved to see Silva get KTFO, Henderson knocking the living dogshitt out of Micheal Bisping is still the best fight ever in my book!
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi

Henderson is my all-time favorite MMA fighter! As much as I loved to see Silva get KTFO, Henderson knocking the living dogshitt out of Micheal Bisping is still the best fight ever in my book!

Funny you should say that . . . . .

After the knock-out last night, I shouted "That was better than Bisping gettin KO'd".

My favorite is this one (at about 7:30)

BMT

always appreciate the links and the commentary fellows, thanks!

also enjoy the commentary

no way to know for sure, but I'd be inclined to agree that this guy watched a ton of tape on AS.

hope they do a rematch, will be interesting
PS: I despise Lesnar . . . . .
I'm not a Lesnar fan, but at least he likes to hunt, shoot, etc. Bisping is just a worthless loudmouth [bleep]!
Originally Posted by Coyotejunki

Couldn't of happened to a nicer guy. Great fighter.....just too frickin cocky
Magnificent KO! Thanks for the link.

Weidman's the real thing. So is Silva.

Did you watch the fight? Weidman took down Silva quickly and landed some heavy shots. Silva was in no danger of being stopped but he was eating significant strikes. The clowning was to try to keep Weidman from taking him down again and again and grinding him to death with GNP.

It's just that nobody (or very few) expected Weidman to land a perfectly placed shot on top of Silva's "matrix" movement.

So they fight again and Silva doesn't drop his hands. He's still facing a guy that's got huge power and far superior wrestling. Maybe he wins and maybe he doesn't but don't just assume that it was a fluke because if there is one weakness Anderson Silva has, it's wrestling defense and Weidman is a monster at wrestling.

I guess this sorta officially puts the end of the superfight nonsense against Jon Jones.
The only guy on this thread who knows WTF they're spouting off about is Brian...

The rest are clearly casual fans who don't know schit...
Weidman does have some mad azz power.
Originally Posted by MojoHand
The only guy on this thread who knows WTF they're spouting off about is Brian...

I think you just included yourself in your own assessment.
Originally Posted by Buzz
Originally Posted by MojoHand

I think you just included yourself in your own assessment.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
I'd not consider Silva or Weidman a big fish in a small pond. Regardless of what any of us may think, they are big fish in the biggest pond. Silva had the belt for a LONG time because he's that good...and Weidman beat him (he's that good).

I'm interested to see how things will pan out now. I think Silva is a fighter who fights much better when he's the champ. I'm not sure if he will be willing to climb the ladder again.
I'm glad to see Silva GKFO, guys a bad sport. Silva has just had the best technique in a shallow division. Personally I think Hendo would have done the same thing if he'd of had a better weight cut when they faught, or Vitor if he'd shown up for sparring the last two weeks of camp. Weidman is likely going to stay at the top because the guy hits increadibly hard, he's an increadible athlete, and increadible competitor - All American. I doubt they were looking for a specific direction of movement, it was the one thing that made Silva as good as he is, his footwork and angles. I think they were looking for him to drop his hands and Weidman's plan was to keep throwing.
Originally Posted by FishinHank
I am glad that Silva got knocked out, its about time someone did it. It was almost like he didn't want to fight. I think he got tired of defending the title and pretty much gave up.

My thoughts as well.
I guess this sorta officially puts the end of the superfight nonsense against Jon Jones.

Jones would eat Silva's lunch.
Originally Posted by Pahntr760

Jones would eat Silva's lunch.

Tol Late, Weimdan already did . . . . .

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

BMT
© 24hourcampfire