Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I'm not a Lesnar fan, but at least he likes to hunt, shoot, etc. Bisping is just a worthless loudmouth [bleep]!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Coyotejunki

Couldn't of happened to a nicer guy. Great fighter.....just too frickin cocky

pal Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Magnificent KO! Thanks for the link.

Weidman's the real thing. So is Silva.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by cutNshoot
Anderson will destroy Weidman in the rematch. Anderson would beat this guy 4 out of 5.

Did you watch the fight? Weidman took down Silva quickly and landed some heavy shots. Silva was in no danger of being stopped but he was eating significant strikes. The clowning was to try to keep Weidman from taking him down again and again and grinding him to death with GNP.

It's just that nobody (or very few) expected Weidman to land a perfectly placed shot on top of Silva's "matrix" movement.

So they fight again and Silva doesn't drop his hands. He's still facing a guy that's got huge power and far superior wrestling. Maybe he wins and maybe he doesn't but don't just assume that it was a fluke because if there is one weakness Anderson Silva has, it's wrestling defense and Weidman is a monster at wrestling.

I guess this sorta officially puts the end of the superfight nonsense against Jon Jones.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The only guy on this thread who knows WTF they're spouting off about is Brian...

The rest are clearly casual fans who don't know schit...

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...
IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Weidman does have some mad azz power.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by MojoHand
The only guy on this thread who knows WTF they're spouting off about is Brian...

I think you just included yourself in your own assessment.

B
BMT Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Buzz
Originally Posted by MojoHand

I think you just included yourself in your own assessment.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I'd not consider Silva or Weidman a big fish in a small pond. Regardless of what any of us may think, they are big fish in the biggest pond. Silva had the belt for a LONG time because he's that good...and Weidman beat him (he's that good).

I'm interested to see how things will pan out now. I think Silva is a fighter who fights much better when he's the champ. I'm not sure if he will be willing to climb the ladder again.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm glad to see Silva GKFO, guys a bad sport. Silva has just had the best technique in a shallow division. Personally I think Hendo would have done the same thing if he'd of had a better weight cut when they faught, or Vitor if he'd shown up for sparring the last two weeks of camp. Weidman is likely going to stay at the top because the guy hits increadibly hard, he's an increadible athlete, and increadible competitor - All American. I doubt they were looking for a specific direction of movement, it was the one thing that made Silva as good as he is, his footwork and angles. I think they were looking for him to drop his hands and Weidman's plan was to keep throwing.

Be Polite , Be Professional , but have a plan to kill everybody you meet
-General James Mattis United States Marine Corps

Nothing is darker than a mau mau's moo moo.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by FishinHank
I am glad that Silva got knocked out, its about time someone did it. It was almost like he didn't want to fight. I think he got tired of defending the title and pretty much gave up.

My thoughts as well.

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

Waterboarding isn't illegal if you use diesel

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
I guess this sorta officially puts the end of the superfight nonsense against Jon Jones.

Jones would eat Silva's lunch.

B
BMT Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Pahntr760

Jones would eat Silva's lunch.

Tol Late, Weimdan already did . . . . .

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

BMT

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

544 members (219DW, 1badf350, 160user, 1941USMC, 1lessdog, 01Foreman400, 57 invisible), 2,272 guests, and 1,290 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,385
Posts18,506,756
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.