Home
Posted By: stxhunter ... - 10/23/13
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Steelhead Re: ... - 10/23/13
Is that a chick's hand? The thumbnail sure is long enough looking..
Posted By: RDW Re: ... - 10/23/13
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: ... - 10/23/13
This thread reminds me of an old miner I met in the mountains one day. Went back to his claim and processed a few truckloads of material in search of gold. Birds in the treetops, lush vegetation on the hillsides, the steady drone of the sled. Yep, those were times. Good looking sandwich.
Posted By: stxhunter Re: ... - 10/23/13
for picking my nose and scratching my ass.

honestly i never cut them they wear off from work. makes it a lot easier to hold 1/2 inch concrete nails when your putting down tack strip.
I'm assuming there are a few jalapenos in there.
Posted By: schoolmarm Re: ... - 10/23/13
fine looking sammich..
and bacon.
Posted By: AkMtnHntr Re: ... - 10/23/13
Are those onion rings????
I'm pretty sure a jalapeno cheeseburger would me my last meal request on death row.
Posted By: THOMASMAGNUM Re: ... - 10/23/13
Just had whataburger for dinner here...
Green Chili single, and iced tea.
Good stuff!
Posted By: EthanEdwards Re: ... - 10/23/13
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I'm assuming there are a few jalapenos in there.
In his nose or his ass?
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
Are those onion rings????

yeeesssss
Posted By: bucktail Re: ... - 10/24/13
I'm pretty sure a jalapeno cheeseburger would me my last meal request on death row.

I thought it was going to be 2lbs of prunes, or do I have you confused with someone else?
Posted By: EthanEdwards Re: ... - 10/24/13
Whataburger is about the best chain around, for sure. This chick I went to grade school and junior high with is one of my Facebook friends. She is from Kansas City and was down in Texas for some work thing. She was talking about Whataburger and how good they are.

What do you think of Watsonburger?
Posted By: OrangeOkie Re: ... - 10/24/13
Whataburger is me and the little wifey's favorite!
Originally Posted by bucktail

I thought it was going to be 2lbs of prunes, or do I have you confused with someone else?
You'd just die full 'cause they shove a plug up your ass before you ride the needle or set down in 'ol sparky. Wouldn't want to offend the witnesses.
Posted By: bucktail Re: ... - 10/24/13
It's the thought that counts.
Posted By: northern_dave Re: ... - 10/24/13
Originally Posted by stxhunter
[Linked Image]

Wut da fox sat?
Posted By: eh76 Re: ... - 10/24/13
Youse guys gotta get past the chain burger joints...you need to visit the 3 Blisters up here for a great burger...
http://www.whataburger.com/Food/Item/double-meat-whataburger
just another McD's or Booger Queen IMHO......fuggit
Originally Posted by eh76
You've ate at Whataburger before?
Posted By: stxhunter Re: ... - 10/24/13
blasphemy, don't ever repeat those words while in TX. grin
You ever eat at Watsonburger? Been awhile since I have. I was wondering if they were any good.
Posted By: raybass Re: ... - 10/24/13
Good burgers and aren't afraid to put "God bless America" on their windows. wink
Storm's is the bomb.

http://www.stormsrestaurants.com/
Originally Posted by raybass
Good burgers and aren't afraid to put "God bless America" on their windows. wink
They also give you a ketchup packet that gots some actual ketchup in it.
Posted By: gunner500 Re: ... - 10/24/13
and bacon.

I had a bacon double hamburger with grilled jalapenos and onions for lunch just today, with a big order of fried taters with seasoning salt. wink

Gunner
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by eh76
You've ate at Whataburger before?

yep they pale to a good 3 Blisters burger,,,next time I am there I will take a pic so youse guys can drool.. laugh
Originally Posted by gunner500
and bacon.

I had a bacon double hamburger with grilled jalapenos and onions for lunch just today, with a big order of fried taters with seasoning salt. wink

Gunner
Slingblade would be proud. lol
no, never even heard of them or seen one here in this area.
Posted By: gunner500 Re: ... - 10/24/13
Originally Posted by gunner500
and bacon.

Gunner
Slingblade would be proud. lol

Choctaw Travel Plaza special. grin

Gunner
no, never even heard of them or seen one here in this area.
I couldn't find any website, just individual internet articles. They weren't as widespread as I thought. My Grandparents lived in Dallas though.

http://www.texomaliving.com/charlie-watson-watsonburger
Posted By: pira114 Re: ... - 10/24/13
Used to love Whataburger when I lived in Tucson. Don't know if they're still there. Best fast food burger around. But still fast food. I wouldn't compare it to a real burger from a good restaurant or backyard
Posted By: Wtxj Re: ... - 10/24/13
Haven't been to WB in about 5 years for some reason.
Been going to the independants.
Originally Posted by pira114
Used to love Whataburger when I lived in Tucson. Don't know if they're still there. Best fast food burger around. But still fast food. I wouldn't compare it to a real burger from a good restaurant or backyard
I don't think anybody is.
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: ... - 10/24/13
WhataBurger is the ONLY Fast Food Chain Burger worth eating. I eat at least 2 or 3 a week. Double Meat with Cheese, hold the lettuce with extra onions & jalape�os. Along with a large order of Onion Rings & a large sweet tea!

But if your ever traveling through Burnet or Lampassas Texas, Storms Burgers are hard to beat. A Triple Cheese Burger with jalape�os, hold the lettuce.

Lots of much better Mom & Pop Hamburger joints here in TX that are MUCH Better than WhataBurger. But when I'm traveling throughout the state, and I don't see a "dive" Burger Joint with a full parking lot, WhataBurger it is!
time to take my, simvastatin
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
WhataBurger is the ONLY Fast Food Chain Burger worth eating. I eat at least 2 or 3 a week. Double Meat with Cheese, hold the lettuce with extra onions & jalape�os. Along with a large order of Onion Rings & a large sweet tea!

But if your ever traveling through Burnet or Lampassas Texas, Storms Burgers are hard to beat. A Triple Cheese Burger with jalape�os, hold the lettuce.

Lots of much better Mom & Pop Hamburger joints here in TX that are MUCH Better than WhataBurger. But when I'm traveling throughout the state, and I don't see a "dive" Burger Joint with a full parking lot, WhataBurger it is!
Sonic used to be a lot better than they are now. Burger King and McDonald's suck. Hardee's/Carl's Junior are okay sometimes. JackNtheBox is generally okay.
Posted By: GeoW Re: ... - 10/24/13
time to take my, simvastatin

I know of what you speak! smile

Sonic used to be a lot better than they are now. Burger King and McDonald's suck. Hardee's/Carl's Junior are okay sometimes. JackNtheBox is generally okay.

They all suck..
Posted By: gonehuntin Re: ... - 10/24/13
[Linked Image]

Needs this:

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Walker6 Re: ... - 10/24/13
Whataburgers can be dry from time to time, and sometimes they overdo the mustard, but if you get hold of a good juicy one, it is a thing of beauty. Puts other chain burgers to shame. Especially if you get one in Corpus. It's like drinking a Guinness in Dublin.
Posted By: JGRaider Re: ... - 10/24/13
A big amen to the Shiner......a green chile double cheeseburger ain't half bad either.
Posted By: Ghostinthemachine Re: ... - 10/24/13
As an upper Midwest guy without the chain, I dig a good In and Out burger in Arizona, when I get there.

Posted By: curdog4570 Re: ... - 10/24/13
Whataburgers food AND employees shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath with any other chain burger joint.
Posted By: eyeball Re: ... - 10/24/13
30 or so years ago Whataburgers were great. Now, around here, the meat is full of filler with a consistency of ground up paper bag. I hate it when I chew a burger and the meat has components that keep my teeth from making contact together.

I hate Wendy's as they always have those little thin chips of bone in the meat.

Burger King had a 100 % angus meat burger that was pretty good if you made them hold cut the Ketchup.
Originally Posted by eyeball
30 or so years ago Whataburgers were great. Now, around here, the meat is full of filler with a consistency of ground up paper bag. I hate it when I chew a burger and the meat has components that keep my teeth from making contact together.

I hate Wendy's as they always have those little thin chips of bone in the meat.

Burger King had a 100 % angus meat burger that was pretty good if you made them hold cut the Ketchup.
I haven't ate at the nearest Burger King since I was pulling in and saw an employee drop a bun on the floor and then pick it up and use it on a burger. The one at the county seat has its second set of Messicans in it tryin' to make a go of some Mex restaurant.

The Wendy's bats about .500. You don't want to go in there to eat because the bathroom's permeate the place.
chains suck pure and simple...
Posted By: Cheesy Re: ... - 10/24/13
Storm's is the bomb.

I stopped at Storm's back in May because of you EE. I've had worse, but it wasn't out of this world. I'd eat there again though if I had to.

Wife has her granny send us Whataburger Ketchup that can now be bought in the grocery stores down there. Tastes just like ketchup to me, evidently the 8 varieties Wal-Mart sales up here don't.

A 5 Guys is being built in Joplin, are they worth the stop anybody?

Whatever you all do, get them with cheese please.
Originally Posted by Cheesy
Storm's is the bomb.

I stopped at Storm's back in May because of you EE. I've had worse, but it wasn't out of this world. I'd eat there again though if I had to.

Wife has her granny send us Whataburger Ketchup that can now be bought in the grocery stores down there. Tastes just like ketchup to me, evidently the 8 varieties Wal-Mart sales up here don't.

A 5 Guys is being built in Joplin, are they worth the stop anybody?

Whatever you all do, get them with cheese please.
Prolly just that if you've been drivin' since Dinosaur Valley and haven't et, they're reeeeeaaaaallll good. lol Did you eat at the main one that's got the boulder?

Back in the day nothing could beat Barney's or 1106. I've ate a helluva lot of 1106er's. Too bad it's gone. Too bad Barney's is too because it was even better.

Sharkey's has a good variety but I prefer NuGrill. Dunno if y'all get to Fort Scott much, but it's the main place we shop. IMO Babe's is okay but overrated. Iola has King's and they put out a solid burger. It's one of the few places that you don't have to get a double to feel like you got some beef on your sandwich. That place in Chanute on Main Street was good, but it's gone now too. The place at the intersection of 54 and 59 in Moran is good. You need the double burger there though. Their ice cream is very good.

Sorry you didn't like Storm's. I like them very much.

Weber's Rootbeer Stand serves a good burger in Tulsa, if you can find them open.
Posted By: byc Re: ... - 10/24/13
Nothing wrong with 5 Guys Cheesy and definitely worth the stop.
Originally Posted by byc
Nothing wrong with 5 Guys Cheesy and definitely worth the stop.
I just don't like the name. The place with "blister" in it's name too...nah.
Posted By: byc Re: ... - 10/24/13
Why do you not like the name? Do you like the product?
Posted By: okie Re: ... - 10/24/13
Braums makes a good burger...
Posted By: Akbob5 Re: ... - 10/24/13
Five Guys makes a good burger and has boardwalk style fries. They all have a sign saying where the fresh potatoes came from for the fries, usually somewhere in ID - go figure.

Bob
Posted By: birddog65 Re: ... - 10/25/13
I cant get past that thumbnail..... just freakin weird.
Posted By: DocRocket Re: ... - 10/25/13
[Linked Image]

Last night I got back from flying around midnight and thank goodness Whataburger was open. I got me a green chili double with all the veggies and a side of onion rings and chowed down!

I've eaten chain burgers all over this hemisphere. Whataburger makes the BEST burgers of 'em all, and you cain't get 'em anywheres 'cept here in Texas.

God bless Texas.
Posted By: EthanEdwards Re: ... - 10/25/13
Originally Posted by DocRocket
[Linked Image]

Last night I got back from flying around midnight and thank goodness Whataburger was open. I got me a green chili double with all the veggies and a side of onion rings and chowed down!

I've eaten chain burgers all over this hemisphere. Whataburger makes the BEST burgers of 'em all, and you cain't get 'em anywheres 'cept here in Texas.

God bless Texas.
Amen.

Next time you're in Lampassas try Storm's if you have not already. They're a small, local chain...at least they've got three or four locations. Another one is in Marble Falls.
Good to know. There's a knifemaker in Marble Falls I plan to visit in the next few months.
Good to know. There's a knifemaker in Marble Falls I plan to visit in the next few months.
The only one I've et at is in Lampassas and ime it is very, very good. I assume the Marble Falls location is as good, but you never know.

I was fixin' to have a local greasy spoon burger in Fort Scott tonight but the Chicken Fried Chicken dinner was on sale for less than a burger and fries so I had to settle. Mashed taters and white gravy along with green beans. $5.99.
Posted By: RDFinn Re: ... - 10/25/13
5 Guys fries are slammin good.
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: ... - 10/25/13
I don't remember seeing a Storm's Burger in Marble Falls when I passed through there last week, but there is one in Burnet. It was still good when I stopped in.

I've been eating at the one in either Lampassas or Burnet for at least the last 25 years. Got to get a Tripple at Storm's to be as big as the Double Meat at WhataBurger. I crave Whataburger at least 2 or 3 times a week! If there was a Storm's here in N.Texas, I'd be eating it instead of Whataburger.

If your every in Abilene, Joe Alan's BBQ joint makes a really good grilled Burger. Or if you want a huge hamburger, there is a Mom & Pop joint called Hepp's that really good too. And of course, 3 different Whataburger locations!
Posted By: Crow hunter Re: ... - 10/25/13
WhataBurger is the ONLY Fast Food Chain Burger worth eating.....

Not entirely true. If you're out west In-n-Out is friggin' awesome. Whataburger is great, don't get me wrong, but an In-n-Out double double is a thing of beauty.
Let's don't get pissin' in each other's cornflakes. Good burgers is good burgers... but a little local variation is good. As they say, variety is the spice of life.

Ever now and then I've simply got to eat me a McDonald's Royale (1/4-lb with cheese for those of you who don't watch Pulp Fiction regular like I do). But it just makes me crave another Whataburger.
Let's don't get pissin' in each other's cornflakes. Good burgers is good burgers... but a little local variation is good. As they say, variety is the spice of life.

Ever now and then I've simply got to eat me a McDonald's Royale (1/4-lb with cheese for those of you who don't watch Pulp Fiction regular like I do). But it just makes me crave another Whataburger.
I agree. I've got a burger joint just four miles south of here that puts out a very good burger. In fact, if I could get Storm's more often, I might prefer the one close to here, but you get to wanting something a bit different even if it is a variation on the same theme.

I don't remember seeing a Storm's Burger in Marble Falls when I passed through there last week, but there is one in Burnet. It was still good when I stopped in.

I've been eating at the one in either Lampassas or Burnet for at least the last 25 years. Got to get a Tripple at Storm's to be as big as the Double Meat at WhataBurger. I crave Whataburger at least 2 or 3 times a week! If there was a Storm's here in N.Texas, I'd be eating it instead of Whataburger.

If your every in Abilene, Joe Alan's BBQ joint makes a really good grilled Burger. Or if you want a huge hamburger, there is a Mom & Pop joint called Hepp's that really good too. And of course, 3 different Whataburger locations!

storms

Posted By: Son_of_the_Gael Re: ... - 10/25/13
A few days ago the wife & I drove thru the small town of Vinita, OK (Ethan & Gunner know where it is). There's a restaurant there called Clanton's which has been a family business for about 40 years I guess. Anyway, I ordered their basic burger with grilled unions and it came with a toasted bun. Took me back 50 years to the burgers all the greasy spoons sold before the chains took over. We stopped back in and I had another when we drove back thru a couple of days later, it did me good. smile
Originally Posted by Son_of_the_Gael
A few days ago the wife & I drove thru the small town of Vinita, OK (Ethan & Gunner know where it is). There's a restaurant there called Clanton's which has been a family business for about 40 years I guess. Anyway, I ordered their basic burger with grilled unions and it came with a toasted bun. Took me back 50 years to the burgers all the greasy spoons sold before the chains took over. We stopped back in and I had another when we drove back thru a couple of days later, it did me good. smile
I know where Clanton's is but have never et there. We usually drove through and stopped at Thomas' in Vinita, which was a staple for years. It was a diner more than a burger joint and had the best Chicken n' Dumplins I've ever tasted. We always tried to stop there on the way to Dallas, and if we didn't we stopped at MacAlester where there was a diner at a Motel on the side of the hill there. It's very close to the present-day Americ-Inn where we stay if we stop overnight down that way. I highly recommend that hotel. Alas, both those diners are gone. The one in MacAlester was very close to a locally famous Italian eatery where we never stopped. I can't recall the name of it now, but it was there for years. There where 69 went through was on the outskirts of town when I was a kid but now they need to put in a new bypass.

For some reason we just don't stop much in Vinita but now that I know Clanton's is good maybe we'll try it.
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: ... - 10/25/13
Originally Posted by Crow hunter

Not entirely true. If you're out west In-n-Out is friggin' awesome. Whataburger is great, don't get me wrong, but an In-n-Out double double is a thing of beauty.

I ate at a In-n-Out Burger a couple of weeks ago in Dallas. Was not impressed. To each his own.
Posted By: EdM Re: ... - 10/25/13
The start of a real "good burger" and evening for that matter. Short of this it's, without question, the Kendelia country store just down the road.

[Linked Image]

Posted By: MadMooner Re: ... - 10/25/13
Haven't had a Whataburger in years.

I eat a Carl's JR on occasion. Pretty good for a chain joint.

You couldn't buy me a Wendy's anything. Place is gross.
Posted By: Certifiable Re: ... - 10/25/13
Originally Posted by EdM
The start of a real "good burger" and evening for that matter. Short of this it's, without question, the Kendelia country store just down the road.

[Linked Image]

so long as there be gin in that glass that is about a perfect spread! Mighty fine..
Posted By: RoninPhx Re: ... - 10/25/13
[Linked Image]

God bless Texas.

ah, sorry. There is another part of the United States other than texas. They have whataburger stores in arizona too.
Posted By: RoninPhx Re: ... - 10/25/13

In-n-out I think is a california chain, and they cut their potatoes fresh in the stores. They also have a burger didn't use to be on the menu, I think it was called a growler, or something like that. Believe a triple pattie, triple cheese. Real good for slicking up your arteries.
Posted By: Wtxj Re: ... - 10/25/13
Originally Posted by RoninPhx

In-n-out I think is a california chain, and they cut their potatoes fresh in the stores. They also have a burger didn't use to be on the menu, I think it was called a growler, or something like that. Believe a triple pattie, triple cheese. Real good for slicking up your arteries.

In-n-out has moved into Texas in the last few years. Has more than several in the DFW area.
The AH's in fact backed out of a land deal (purchase of) that cost me my part in a sale of said property.
Posted By: stxhunter Re: ... - 10/25/13
i think in Louisianan and Florida also.but thats only been within the last few years.
Posted By: Skeezix Re: ... - 10/25/13
Nearest Whataburger to me is 431 miles away in Tulsa, OK. I'll have to check it out next time I'm down that way. Never had one before.

I rectum the best we got around here is Hardees.
Posted By: Kilimanjaro Re: ... - 10/25/13
Whataburger for here in AZ..

When I am back home, Storms all the way. Best burger on earth.

In n Outs everywhere here in AZ. Alright burger, but that's about it. My daughter LOVES them though.

That said, I very rarely eat the things anyhow.. 'kept when back home in TX and a Storms is nearby.
i think in Louisianan and Florida also.but thats only been within the last few years.
They're all over. We eat at Whataburger in Tulsa. Have for years. None in Kansas or Missouri. Lots in Oklahoma. We ate in one in Birmingham, Alabama.

http://www.whataburger.com/locations/
Posted By: StripBuckHunter Re: ... - 10/26/13
According to several press articles I've read.........the latest and best fast food burger chain is Smashburger. Out of Calif, I believe. Haven't see one or tried one, yet.

+++1 on Whataburger burgers.
Posted By: RDFinn Re: ... - 10/26/13
Been there....5 guys is better.
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: ... - 10/26/13
in central Mississippi --> Wards Big One

Dave
I just have to resurrect this thread. Last week we stopped at Storm's in Hamilton on our way to San Antonio, liked the burger so much we stopped in Burnet on the way back home.

Thanks to all who recommended them, one of the best I've had in years.
© 24hourcampfire