Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by stxhunter
time to take my, simvastatin

I know of what you speak! smile

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
WhataBurger is the ONLY Fast Food Chain Burger worth eating. I eat at least 2 or 3 a week. Double Meat with Cheese, hold the lettuce with extra onions & jalape�os. Along with a large order of Onion Rings & a large sweet tea!

But if your ever traveling through Burnet or Lampassas Texas, Storms Burgers are hard to beat. A Triple Cheese Burger with jalape�os, hold the lettuce.

Lots of much better Mom & Pop Hamburger joints here in TX that are MUCH Better than WhataBurger. But when I'm traveling throughout the state, and I don't see a "dive" Burger Joint with a full parking lot, WhataBurger it is!
Sonic used to be a lot better than they are now. Burger King and McDonald's suck. Hardee's/Carl's Junior are okay sometimes. JackNtheBox is generally okay.

They all suck..

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

Needs this:

[Linked Image]

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Whataburgers can be dry from time to time, and sometimes they overdo the mustard, but if you get hold of a good juicy one, it is a thing of beauty. Puts other chain burgers to shame. Especially if you get one in Corpus. It's like drinking a Guinness in Dublin.

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
A big amen to the Shiner......a green chile double cheeseburger ain't half bad either.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
As an upper Midwest guy without the chain, I dig a good In and Out burger in Arizona, when I get there.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Whataburgers food AND employees shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath with any other chain burger joint.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
30 or so years ago Whataburgers were great. Now, around here, the meat is full of filler with a consistency of ground up paper bag. I hate it when I chew a burger and the meat has components that keep my teeth from making contact together.

I hate Wendy's as they always have those little thin chips of bone in the meat.

Burger King had a 100 % angus meat burger that was pretty good if you made them hold cut the Ketchup.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by eyeball
30 or so years ago Whataburgers were great. Now, around here, the meat is full of filler with a consistency of ground up paper bag. I hate it when I chew a burger and the meat has components that keep my teeth from making contact together.

I hate Wendy's as they always have those little thin chips of bone in the meat.

Burger King had a 100 % angus meat burger that was pretty good if you made them hold cut the Ketchup.
I haven't ate at the nearest Burger King since I was pulling in and saw an employee drop a bun on the floor and then pick it up and use it on a burger. The one at the county seat has its second set of Messicans in it tryin' to make a go of some Mex restaurant.

The Wendy's bats about .500. You don't want to go in there to eat because the bathroom's permeate the place.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
chains suck pure and simple...

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
blasphemy, don't ever repeat those words while in TX. grin
Storm's is the bomb.

http://www.stormsrestaurants.com/

I stopped at Storm's back in May because of you EE. I've had worse, but it wasn't out of this world. I'd eat there again though if I had to.

Wife has her granny send us Whataburger Ketchup that can now be bought in the grocery stores down there. Tastes just like ketchup to me, evidently the 8 varieties Wal-Mart sales up here don't.

A 5 Guys is being built in Joplin, are they worth the stop anybody?

Whatever you all do, get them with cheese please.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Cheesy
blasphemy, don't ever repeat those words while in TX. grin
Storm's is the bomb.

http://www.stormsrestaurants.com/

I stopped at Storm's back in May because of you EE. I've had worse, but it wasn't out of this world. I'd eat there again though if I had to.

Wife has her granny send us Whataburger Ketchup that can now be bought in the grocery stores down there. Tastes just like ketchup to me, evidently the 8 varieties Wal-Mart sales up here don't.

A 5 Guys is being built in Joplin, are they worth the stop anybody?

Whatever you all do, get them with cheese please.
Prolly just that if you've been drivin' since Dinosaur Valley and haven't et, they're reeeeeaaaaallll good. lol Did you eat at the main one that's got the boulder?

Back in the day nothing could beat Barney's or 1106. I've ate a helluva lot of 1106er's. Too bad it's gone. Too bad Barney's is too because it was even better.

Sharkey's has a good variety but I prefer NuGrill. Dunno if y'all get to Fort Scott much, but it's the main place we shop. IMO Babe's is okay but overrated. Iola has King's and they put out a solid burger. It's one of the few places that you don't have to get a double to feel like you got some beef on your sandwich. That place in Chanute on Main Street was good, but it's gone now too. The place at the intersection of 54 and 59 in Moran is good. You need the double burger there though. Their ice cream is very good.

Sorry you didn't like Storm's. I like them very much.

Weber's Rootbeer Stand serves a good burger in Tulsa, if you can find them open.

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Nothing wrong with 5 Guys Cheesy and definitely worth the stop.

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

byc #8185599 10/23/13
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by byc
Nothing wrong with 5 Guys Cheesy and definitely worth the stop.
I just don't like the name. The place with "blister" in it's name too...nah.

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Why do you not like the name? Do you like the product?

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

byc #8185643 10/23/13
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Braums makes a good burger...

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
okie #8185655 10/23/13
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Five Guys makes a good burger and has boardwalk style fries. They all have a sign saying where the fresh potatoes came from for the fries, usually somewhere in ID - go figure.

Bob

Last edited by Akbob5; 10/23/13.

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I cant get past that thumbnail..... just freakin weird.

If you really like something,you better buy two!
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
[Linked Image]

Last night I got back from flying around midnight and thank goodness Whataburger was open. I got me a green chili double with all the veggies and a side of onion rings and chowed down!

I've eaten chain burgers all over this hemisphere. Whataburger makes the BEST burgers of 'em all, and you cain't get 'em anywheres 'cept here in Texas.

God bless Texas.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by DocRocket
[Linked Image]

Last night I got back from flying around midnight and thank goodness Whataburger was open. I got me a green chili double with all the veggies and a side of onion rings and chowed down!

I've eaten chain burgers all over this hemisphere. Whataburger makes the BEST burgers of 'em all, and you cain't get 'em anywheres 'cept here in Texas.

God bless Texas.
Amen.

Next time you're in Lampassas try Storm's if you have not already. They're a small, local chain...at least they've got three or four locations. Another one is in Marble Falls.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

562 members (10gaugemag, 1badf350, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 1936M71, 1minute, 64 invisible), 2,339 guests, and 1,182 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,706
Posts18,513,879
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.