Home
Posted By: dennisinaz Damnnn Wolves - 03/03/14
Got this from a buddy. As I understand it, this was a child's pet horse. The child had just finished riding and tied it up in the corral. The wolves ran up and killed the pony. Don't know if the child was threatened or not!

S,S, S is a good policy!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: JSTUART Re: Damnnn Wolves - 03/03/14
Don't worry, someone will be along to point out that you are in error and that wolves are really God's cuddliest creatures put on this Earth to control all of those pesky unwanted game animals that would otherwise have to be controlled by hunters.
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Damnnn Wolves - 03/03/14
If I knew I had the last wolf on the continental U.S. in my sights, I would not hesitate for a second to shoot it.
Posted By: Gun_Geezer Re: Damnnn Wolves - 03/03/14
I'm with ya. Kill the dam things.
Posted By: Deerwhacker444 Re: Damnnn Wolves - 03/03/14
Originally Posted by dennisinaz
Got this from a buddy. As I understand it, this was a child's pet horse. The child had just finished riding and tied it up in the corral. The wolves ran up and killed the pony. Don't know if the child was threatened or not!

[b][color:#3333FF]Here's one story with the photo.?[/color][/b]
Posted By: CCCC Re: Damnnn Wolves - 03/03/14
Very typical wolf kill scene up this way where implanted cage-raised hybrids (protected) have little or no fear of humans and seem very comfortable near dwellings. Dennis, do you know the exact location on this one?

OK, just saw deerwhacker's cite - not one of the locals - looks like it was up in Montana.
Posted By: dennisinaz Re: Damnnn Wolves - 03/03/14
No, will find out more.
Posted By: JSTUART Re: Damnnn Wolves - 03/03/14
"Permission to kill five wolves", maybe all the creatures that were in on the release and breeding of the wolves should be held responsible for any damage accrued by the wolves.
Posted By: bigwhoop Re: Damnnn Wolves - 03/03/14
Its funny how agressively the enviro-REI, Sierra Club + other wackos defend the wolf. I have some of their "teachings" from the US Humane Society. They are rabidly in favor of their protection. I'm convinced some would trade a human death for one less wolf death.
Sierra county NM? That sound possible?
East of Silver somewhere??
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Damnnn Wolves - 03/03/14
Sierra county NM? That sound possible?

Yes.

Sierra County and Catron County NM are in the Mexican Wolf area.

I have friends that are ranchers there. One rancher in the area is having pure hell right now, but not to worry, the wolves get around to everyone eventually.
Posted By: Bigbuck215 Re: Damnnn Wolves - 03/03/14
The article says Darby, Montana.
Posted By: Harry M Re: Damnnn Wolves - 03/03/14
Remember, many Wolf "lovers" are anti hunters and Wolf populations are desired to justify no longer needing hunters.

As with everything these days it's the end game that matters....
Posted By: aalf Re: Damnnn Wolves - 03/03/14
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215
The article says Darby, Montana.

And three years ago.....
Posted By: tzone Re: Damnnn Wolves - 03/03/14
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444

[b][color:#3333FF]Here's one story with the photo.?[/color][/b]

That link is from June 2011.
Posted By: oulufinn Re: Damnnn Wolves - 03/03/14
The problem with the wolf suckers is they overplayed their hand. The populations were allowed to get out of hand, way above their so called "Target" goals. Now others have to target them to try and balance what the wolf suckers have unbalanced.

NW Wisconsin is a perfect, terrible example of their devastation. It will be a long while before there is any healthy balance there. It's amazing to see how bad it's gotten. This amazingly harsh winter will finish the job the wolves started there. Oh well, at least some of the wolves may starve or become a bit more visible, so that's something.
Posted By: CCCC Re: Damnnn Wolves - 03/03/14
Dennis - yes, Sierra County (particularly northern part, east/north of Silver) has these implanted hybrid MGWs. 80 to 100 miles south of here, and if the action was there and very recent, would like to have further info.

That photo in the OP seems to be a kill up in Montana a while back. But, same usual scene.
Posted By: sourdough44 Re: Damnnn Wolves - 03/03/14
The antis goal is to have the predators reduce game populations to curtail or eliminate 'sport hunting'. They don't care a bit about animals killed by wolves, or fledgling game numbers.

Just in case one forgets what's going on here.

Posted By: mtmuley Re: Damnnn Wolves - 03/03/14
3 years ago, it wasn't a little girls "pet" that was just tied up. The horse actually died from being stuck in the fence. Not pro wolf, but I am pro facts. mtmuley
Originally Posted by mtmuley
3 years ago, it wasn't a little girls "pet" that was just tied up. The horse actually died from being stuck in the fence. Not pro wolf, but I am pro facts. mtmuley

The article does say "driven through the fence by predators". So maybe the wolves were making trouble, then had a little snack.
Posted By: VarmintGuy Re: Damnnn Wolves - 03/03/14
Dennisaz: Did this incident occur in Arizona - I hope it did not!
If it did happen in Arizona then the rmWf blessed, transplanted Canadian wolves are spreading even faster than I thought they would!
Regardless where this happpened its a shame.
My closest neighbors had a beloved horse/pet that she had bought years ago for cutting/roping/barrel racing competitions.
She paid $25,000.00 for it years ago - the Wolves killed and ate part of it.
Her heart was broken along with the financial loss - which I do not beleive was ever compensated for - as the "greens" had promised us all - if you will remember!
Thanks for nothing rmWf!
I personally have seen Wolf kill sites where Moose, Elk, Bighorn Sheep, Mule Deer, Llamas, Cattle, Horses, Dogs and Coyotes have been victimized.
In addition I have seen Wolves chasing Antelope.
I have not as yet come across a Wolf killed Whitetailed Deer, but I have a trapper friend who claims he has witnessed them?
Sad.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Posted By: Owl Re: Damnnn Wolves - 03/03/14
WOW... You'll have to tell me more tomorrow Dennis.
Posted By: rosco1 Re: Damnnn Wolves - 03/03/14
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Dennisaz: Did this incident occur in Arizona - I hope it did not!
If it did happen in Arizona then the rmWf blessed, transplanted Canadian wolves are spreading even faster than I thought they would!
Regardless where this happpened its a shame.
My closest neighbors had a beloved horse/pet that she had bought years ago for cutting/roping/barrel racing competitions.
She paid $25,000.00 for it years ago - the Wolves killed and ate part of it.
Her heart was broken along with the financial loss - which I do not beleive was ever compensated for - as the "greens" had promised us all - if you will remember!
Thanks for nothing rmWf!
I personally have seen Wolf kill sites where Moose, Elk, Bighorn Sheep, Mule Deer, Llamas, Cattle, Horses, Dogs and Coyotes have been victimized.
In addition I have seen Wolves chasing Antelope.
I have not as yet come across a Wolf killed Whitetailed Deer, but I have a trapper friend who claims he has witnessed them?
Sad.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

You truly are a moron
Posted By: guy57 Re: Damnnn Wolves - 03/03/14
When you boys figure out SSS won't work because you won't see enough of them to matter, maybe you'll figure out, poison is your friend....hint, hint. It'll only take a few of you with BALLS, well spaced out. The rest can keep sitting on your asses and bitching as if you would REALLY do anything.
Originally Posted by guy57
When you boys figure out SSS won't work because you won't see enough of them to matter, maybe you'll figure out, poison is your friend....hint, hint. It'll only take a few of you with BALLS, well spaced out. The rest can keep sitting on your asses and bitching as if you would REALLY do anything.

Poison has to be used very carefully. Leaving indiscriminate carcasses in your wake will draw attention. When a hunting dog eats some it will ramp up even more.

Here's a fresh case in WI where it didn't turn out to well, for the perpetrators.

http://www.jsonline.com/news/crime/...ther-wildlife-b99204441z1-245308921.html

How's that hired 'wolf hunter' doing in ID?

Posted By: wilkeshunter Re: Damnnn Wolves - 03/03/14
Originally Posted by guy57

Damn, you boys need to put up your book of the Three Little Pigs.
Posted By: guy57 Re: Damnnn Wolves - 03/03/14
Agreed, and bragging to people you don't know will get you caught every time.
Posted By: Dave_Skinner Re: Damnnn Wolves - 03/03/14
You know, kids, if you want this to stop, you should make sure your Congresskritter knows you want
1. A Congressional law exempting wolves from the ESA, and
2. Fundamental reform of the Endangered Species Act.
Work on that now....then in 2016, if enough people with brains vote, there will be a president that will sign that law.
Posted By: dennisinaz Re: Damnnn Wolves - 03/04/14
Originally Posted by CCCC
Dennis - yes, Sierra County (particularly northern part, east/north of Silver) has these implanted hybrid MGWs. 80 to 100 miles south of here, and if the action was there and very recent, would like to have further info.

That photo in the OP seems to be a kill up in Montana a while back. But, same usual scene.

He talked to this rancher in Sierra county and she showed him photos on her phone. For some reason he thought the one posted was the same one. He is trying to find the right photo now. The one I posted does indeed appear to be from Montana. I doubt our precious Mexican wolves have made it that far yet.
Posted By: boomhand Re: Damnnn Wolves - 03/04/14
It's obvious that horse was terminally ill or the wolves would have never had "selected" it out of any other prey in the area. Learned this watching a nature show. I guess 75% of the elk in Yellowstone were ill too. Saved them hundreds in vet bills also.
© 24hourcampfire