Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by mtmuley
3 years ago, it wasn't a little girls "pet" that was just tied up. The horse actually died from being stuck in the fence. Not pro wolf, but I am pro facts. mtmuley

The article does say "driven through the fence by predators". So maybe the wolves were making trouble, then had a little snack.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Dennisaz: Did this incident occur in Arizona - I hope it did not!
If it did happen in Arizona then the rmWf blessed, transplanted Canadian wolves are spreading even faster than I thought they would!
Regardless where this happpened its a shame.
My closest neighbors had a beloved horse/pet that she had bought years ago for cutting/roping/barrel racing competitions.
She paid $25,000.00 for it years ago - the Wolves killed and ate part of it.
Her heart was broken along with the financial loss - which I do not beleive was ever compensated for - as the "greens" had promised us all - if you will remember!
Thanks for nothing rmWf!
I personally have seen Wolf kill sites where Moose, Elk, Bighorn Sheep, Mule Deer, Llamas, Cattle, Horses, Dogs and Coyotes have been victimized.
In addition I have seen Wolves chasing Antelope.
I have not as yet come across a Wolf killed Whitetailed Deer, but I have a trapper friend who claims he has witnessed them?
Sad.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Owl Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
WOW... You'll have to tell me more tomorrow Dennis.

James Pepper: There's no law west of Dodge and no God west of the Pecos. Right, Mr. Chisum? John Chisum: Wrong, Mr. Pepper. Because no matter where people go, sooner or later there's the law. And sooner or later they find God's already been there.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Dennisaz: Did this incident occur in Arizona - I hope it did not!
If it did happen in Arizona then the rmWf blessed, transplanted Canadian wolves are spreading even faster than I thought they would!
Regardless where this happpened its a shame.
My closest neighbors had a beloved horse/pet that she had bought years ago for cutting/roping/barrel racing competitions.
She paid $25,000.00 for it years ago - the Wolves killed and ate part of it.
Her heart was broken along with the financial loss - which I do not beleive was ever compensated for - as the "greens" had promised us all - if you will remember!
Thanks for nothing rmWf!
I personally have seen Wolf kill sites where Moose, Elk, Bighorn Sheep, Mule Deer, Llamas, Cattle, Horses, Dogs and Coyotes have been victimized.
In addition I have seen Wolves chasing Antelope.
I have not as yet come across a Wolf killed Whitetailed Deer, but I have a trapper friend who claims he has witnessed them?
Sad.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

You truly are a moron

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
When you boys figure out SSS won't work because you won't see enough of them to matter, maybe you'll figure out, poison is your friend....hint, hint. It'll only take a few of you with BALLS, well spaced out. The rest can keep sitting on your asses and bitching as if you would REALLY do anything.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by guy57
When you boys figure out SSS won't work because you won't see enough of them to matter, maybe you'll figure out, poison is your friend....hint, hint. It'll only take a few of you with BALLS, well spaced out. The rest can keep sitting on your asses and bitching as if you would REALLY do anything.

Poison has to be used very carefully. Leaving indiscriminate carcasses in your wake will draw attention. When a hunting dog eats some it will ramp up even more.

Here's a fresh case in WI where it didn't turn out to well, for the perpetrators.

http://www.jsonline.com/news/crime/...ther-wildlife-b99204441z1-245308921.html

How's that hired 'wolf hunter' doing in ID?

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Originally Posted by guy57

Damn, you boys need to put up your book of the Three Little Pigs.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Agreed, and bragging to people you don't know will get you caught every time.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You know, kids, if you want this to stop, you should make sure your Congresskritter knows you want
1. A Congressional law exempting wolves from the ESA, and
2. Fundamental reform of the Endangered Species Act.
Work on that now....then in 2016, if enough people with brains vote, there will be a president that will sign that law.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
D
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by CCCC
Dennis - yes, Sierra County (particularly northern part, east/north of Silver) has these implanted hybrid MGWs. 80 to 100 miles south of here, and if the action was there and very recent, would like to have further info.

That photo in the OP seems to be a kill up in Montana a while back. But, same usual scene.

He talked to this rancher in Sierra county and she showed him photos on her phone. For some reason he thought the one posted was the same one. He is trying to find the right photo now. The one I posted does indeed appear to be from Montana. I doubt our precious Mexican wolves have made it that far yet.

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

IC B3

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
It's obvious that horse was terminally ill or the wolves would have never had "selected" it out of any other prey in the area. Learned this watching a nature show. I guess 75% of the elk in Yellowstone were ill too. Saved them hundreds in vet bills also.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

162 members (300_savage, 1minute, 2five7, 2ndwind, 264mag, 17CalFan, 20 invisible), 1,997 guests, and 1,021 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,206
Posts18,503,858
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.