Home
The crack house (rental) that is 4 houses up the street from me seems to be having a party tonight... grin

A couple weeks ago, a group of urban yutes came out of the same house & walked to the front of my house & proceeded to pop off a bunch of .22 rounds across the park that's in front of my house...I called 911 when it happened & gave them a good description of all involved...police never showed up.

About ten minutes ago, a couple cars locked up their brakes & parked across the street...slamming their doors & walking towards the west...yelling/speaking ebonics while strutting down the middle of the street...I'd grabbed my pistol & stuck it in my rear pocket before I went out the front door...
The "yutes" turned around & headed east (back towards me) I used my CJ5 as a buffer between us until they got far enough down the street to allow me to get back in the house unobserved...they walked straight up to the house the previous shooting was involved in & went inside...I called 911 to report WTF was going on & was politely told to GFY... grin I then told the 911 that if any bullets hit my house, I'm gonna return fire... Her reply was..."you have every right to protect your house"

I will NEVER vote for or support ANY future budget or pay increase for our local sheriff or police departments...the frackin jerkoffs are useless.
There is one of two things happening here, either you are paranoid, or it is time to pack your gear and leave for better climes.

I vote for next door to Stick.
They speak Ebonics in fort cracker!?? grin
it'd be a shame if that crack house burned to the ground with that poor 911 response time.
Posted By: Martyf Re: I'll never cal 911 again... - 04/06/14
Thats crazy that the cops didnt show. What was the crime being committed in the second instance though?
Well duh...ebonics!
Damn!! I have absolutely NO idea what the status of your local copshop is like but there were many times when we just could NOT respond to a 911 call because every guy on duty was already buried in a genuine disaster . If any of our dispatchers came off to be as crude,rude and stupid as the ones you dealt with were, I would have skinned them alive and THEN started disciplinary action. Reality is that too many times there just isn't anyone else to send on damn near ANY call.
It's stories like this help me to understand why every one in the States wants the right to carry.

Jim
When you call 911, let them know that you are recording the conversation for training purposes. Theirs.

Dan
Originally Posted by Dan_Chamberlain
When you call 911, let them know that you are recording the conversation for training purposes. Theirs.

Dan
good one !!!
We have a decent sheriffs department here in our county.
Called 911 once upon a time about shots being fired in the direction of our residence. Actually striking the house.

42 minute response time.

Large county, small staff, lots of stuff needing attention that day and most all of it was important. Mine was just on the list of stuff to do and they came when they could.

You need to relocate.
I must be living in paradise. I'm at the end of a dirt road with miles of wilderness behind me. First neighbor is a hundred yards up the road. Any of us might shoot a few rounds off at any time and no one needs to call 911.

I say move.
Posted By: ingwe Re: I'll never cal 911 again... - 04/06/14
Originally Posted by fluffy
it'd be a shame if that crack house burned to the ground with that poor 911 response time.

^^^^^^^^^^^

This
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner
The crack house (rental) that is 4 houses up the street from me seems to be having a party tonight... grin

A couple weeks ago, a group of urban yutes came out of the same house & walked to the front of my house & proceeded to pop off a bunch of .22 rounds across the park that's in front of my house...I called 911 when it happened & gave them a good description of all involved...police never showed up.

About ten minutes ago, a couple cars locked up their brakes & parked across the street...slamming their doors & walking towards the west...yelling/speaking ebonics while strutting down the middle of the street...I'd grabbed my pistol & stuck it in my rear pocket before I went out the front door...
The "yutes" turned around & headed east (back towards me) I used my CJ5 as a buffer between us until they got far enough down the street to allow me to get back in the house unobserved...they walked straight up to the house the previous shooting was involved in & went inside...I called 911 to report WTF was going on & was politely told to GFY... grin I then told the 911 that if any bullets hit my house, I'm gonna return fire... Her reply was..."you have every right to protect your house"

I will NEVER vote for or support ANY future budget or pay increase for our local sheriff or police departments...the frackin jerkoffs are useless.
Too many cops at that agency taking graft from those guys (or whoever those guys are associated with) for you to get any meaningful action out of them.
Posted By: NH K9 Re: I'll never cal 911 again... - 04/06/14
Which agency? Which cops/supervisors?

Mighty hypocritical for you to preach to Bob about statements about folks while you're sitting here typing that. Wasn't it you recently asking for an apology from someone (don't rember who it was) after they made comments about you? Lacking anything to verify your claims, we'll all be eagey awaiting yours......

George
Originally Posted by fluffy

Be a Damn shame.
Originally Posted by NH K9

Mighty hypocritical for you to preach to Bob about statements about folks while you're sitting here typing that. Wasn't it you recently asking for an apology from someone (don't rember who it was) after they made comments about you? Lacking anything to verify your claims, we'll all be eagey awaiting yours......

George
Who's we??
About a year ago we had a similar situation.It kept getting worse lots of complaints a few arrests one officer hurt. Then one of the occupants must have dozed off smoking real big fire no further problems.
The real question is where'd they get 22 ammo?
Posted By: NH K9 Re: I'll never cal 911 again... - 04/06/14
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

George
Who's we??

That's about what I figured.......

Me and anyone else reading, I guess. So, anything to verify your accusations or do you enjoy telling untruths? You were clear in your "professional" opinion on people who do such things......

George
I set off my buddy's burglar alarm one time when I went to his house to get something, he had changed the code and forgot to tell me, I called him and he called the alarm company to let them know, they had already called the S/O and dispatched the call. I told my buddy that I would wait on them, and hour and twenty minutes later they promptly showed up. I asked them what took so long, said that they must have been real busy, no they replied, just weren't in to much of a hurry because most burglar alarms were false.
That's about what I figured.......

Me and anyone else reading, I guess. So, anything to verify your accusations or do you enjoy telling untruths? You were clear in your "professional" opinion on people who do such things......

George
My belief about the circumstances involved is based on my understanding of history and human nature.

George

Don't hold your breath.
There was a time TRH actually had some credibility. I believe it was sometime between my 3rd and 8th martini.

Now I'm sober and his accusations are so wild it's impossible to take anything he says seriously.

Oh well.
Posted By: bea175 Re: I'll never cal 911 again... - 04/06/14
Originally Posted by ajmorell

Traded some Meth or Brown Betty for it , your first mistake was depending on the Police to Protect you
When I lived in TX I called 9/11 at 2am to report the house down the block on fire and totally engulfed in flames. Nobody answered. Eventually some guys from another town 20 minutes away drove by who happened to be firefighters reported it and the fire department from the next town responded.

About a year later I called 911, I forget for what and nobody answered. Drove up to town and the dispatch/office had a note on the door - be back later.

Pretty much was a big reason I moved.
After having a break in and identifying the guy to the dispatcher and where he was the police found him talked to him and let him go, I did receive an apology from the sheriff but still have no use for our local law enforcement.

What really took the cake was when i had a court ordered civil standby to take possession of a rental house and nobody showed up, I know they are busy but I waited six hours before I said the hell with it.

What pisses me off is they have time to pull over one of my guys because he didn't have tires in the bed of his truck tarpped
Let's get two facts out of the way here. Will just throw them out as I see them. Your mileage may vary.

1) If you depend on the government for your safety, and to protect you and your family... You ARE phuucked.

2) If you need the police for a genuine emergency, in a life or death situation, and call 911... The emergency will be over by the time they get there.

You will either take care of yourself and family, or you won't. You will either deal with the situation and prevail, or you won't... You will either have to force the offender into submission, or kill him...or be killed yourself. You'd better be prepared mentally and physically to deal with what may come your way. 99% of the time, the situation is OVER by the time cops get there from a 911 call.

It IS a good idea to call 911 though, if for no other reason but to CYA. If you did have to take care of business, don't say word one to officers when they do arrive, other than you were left no other choice... Because at the point they arrive at where you need them, after the fact, they are working for the prosecution. Exercise your right to remain silent.
It appears that the cops in your area are a-scared of the Gang Bangers.

Wasn't there a video on here a few weeks ago, in Oakland I believe, where the cops just drove by the Gang Bangers and left them to do their dirty deeds?

SWAT teams like to break into houses at three in the morning especially an unarmed house when it's safe. They aren't to interested in going up against heavily armed house where the occupants might fight back.

This sounds like a case where the occupants might and probably would fight back.

this right there!

don't let that house burn if there's .22 ammo in it, fer gawds sake eek
Originally Posted by WyoCowboy

What pisses me off is they have time to pull over one of my guys because he didn't have tires in the bed of his truck tarpped

Right, they are mostly after taxpayers that they can extract more revenue from.
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Let's get two facts out of the way here. Will just throw them out as I see them. Your mileage may vary.

1) If you depend on the government for your safety, and to protect you and your family... You ARE phuucked.

2) If you need the police for a genuine emergency, in a life or death situation, and call 911... The emergency will be over by the time they get there.

You will either take care of yourself and family, or you won't. You will either deal with the situation and prevail, or you won't... You will either have to force the offender into submission, or kill him...or be killed yourself. You'd better be prepared mentally and physically to deal with what may come your way. 99% of the time, the situation is OVER by the time cops get there from a 911 call.

It IS a good idea to call 911 though, if for no other reason but to CYA. If you did have to take care of business, don't say word one to officers when they do arrive, other than you were left no other choice... Because at the point they arrive at where you need them, after the fact, they are working for the prosecution. Exercise your right to remain silent.

You only say two things. "I feared for my life, I want to speak to my lawyer". The fear for my life is optional.
Absolutely!
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit

this right there!

Boy ain't that they truth! I did pick up three 50 round boxes yesterday of Eley match ammo that I've been wanting to try out in my match 10/22. Center fire ammo is starting to come back but not .22.

If anyone had told when I was a kid in the fifties that the day would come when .22lr ammo could not be found at any price I would have said they were crazy and their tin foil hat was on to tight.

Back to our regularly schedule programming of cop bashing. grin
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee
Originally Posted by WyoCowboy

Right, they are mostly after taxpayers that they can extract more revenue from.
Yep.
Originally Posted by derby_dude
If anyone had told when I was a kid in the fifties that the day would come when .22lr ammo could not be found at any price I would have said they were crazy and their tin foil hat was on to tight.
Ain't that the truth. It was ubiquitous and dirt cheap when I was a kid in the 1970s, and stayed that way till Sandy Hook. Hard to believe they haven't yet caught up with demand enough to bring supply up and price down.
We have been trained to think that only government can solve our problems when in reality government can only create problems.

Today we are trained to carry a cell phone that may or may not work and dial 911 which also may or may not work and wait for help that may or may not come.

Government has done a wonderful job of making us depend on our zoo keepers for our daily bread.
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Ain't that the truth. It was ubiquitous and dirt cheap when I was a kid in the 1970s, and stayed that way till Sandy Hook. Hard to believe they haven't yet caught up with demand enough to bring supply up and price down.

Some dealers say the problem is hoarding and I think they are right. I plan on shooting my 1911 quite a bit this summer so I have stocked up on .45 ACP through the winter to make sure I have plenty this summer.

If I want to shoot my match 10/22 all summer with no restrictions I can easily go through 5,000 to 10,000 rounds a summer. Throw in a couple of trips for gopher shooting and I can easily go through twice that much.

What amazes me is that .22 firearms are still being sold with no ammo although I have noticed around here there are a lot sitting on the shelves and walls.

I know you are stuck there but I look forward to the day you can leave.
Originally Posted by Scott F

I know you are stuck there but I look forward to the day you can leave.

Truly.
Posted By: bea175 Re: I'll never cal 911 again... - 04/06/14
This isn't a crack house , they are selling 22 ammo out of this house, so you had better call 911 again before the neighborhood is stormed by Gun Show Scalpers and RimFire Junkies
Sacramento?
Arming your self and going outside was foolish, just sayin'...

Stay inside your castle, armed.

Pretty much agree totally with this.

Heck I'm volunteer fire/ems here. I can guarantee you its often over by the time we get there, or at least not possible to save anything.

We keep fire extinguiishers at home, smoke detectors, loaded guns and so on. Fully intend... to quash any fire if I catch it quick enough, and am loaded in the yards for grass fires with a 2 inch rural water line and a 1 inch wildland hose and nozzle and enough line to defend the structures here that count.

I'm glad there are folks there when I dial 911. But I agree, you should prepare for doing it all yourself.

this right there!

Boy ain't that they truth! I did pick up three 50 round boxes yesterday of Eley match ammo that I've been wanting to try out in my match 10/22. Center fire ammo is starting to come back but not .22.

But I"ve searched for some hard to find 22 ammo and have found it every time I wanted to look. I just didn't want to pay the prices... 22 can be found, just not cheaply.
Originally Posted by rost495

this right there!

But I"ve searched for some hard to find 22 ammo and have found it every time I wanted to look. I just didn't want to pay the prices... 22 can be found, just not cheaply.

Not in my area so far. If you aren't standing by the counter when the UPS truck arrives it ain't there. I'm trying to find a couple of bricks for the summer months so far no go.
Well your second mistake was not calling they local news station 15 minutes later.
Sounds like the OP needs to move to a nicer part of town.

Well said..

Also agree with one other above - if the cops won't show up and seem to have the attitude that they don't give a chit about that particular house - why, I'd be simply SHOCKED that a huge fire started in the middle of the night and that place burned RIGHT to the ground.. Shocked, I say - shocked..
Posted By: 21 Re: I'll never cal 911 again... - 04/07/14
Get out. Get out now.
Originally Posted by Redneck
Well said..

Also agree with one other above - if the cops won't show up and seem to have the attitude that they don't give a chit about that particular house - why, I'd be simply SHOCKED that a huge fire started in the middle of the night and that place burned RIGHT to the ground.. Shocked, I say - shocked..

It is a rental...would you be suggesting it is okay to burn someone's property.

Really!
Posted By: RWE Re: I'll never cal 911 again... - 04/07/14
Originally Posted by JSTUART

Really!

You would be surprised to know, or perhaps not, how many "slum lords" rent to folks hoping that they burn down the property.

Insurance money and urban renewal, in a quaint tax payer funded package.

These areas don't make it to the picture post thread.... wink
Does that mean it is really okay, and not illegal like it appears?

Betting it is not.
no, its not OK.

Most of the time, the neighborhood will turn to crap, the houses will degrade, and then the houses will ultimately be burned by the fire departments as a training exercise.
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
I must be living in paradise. I'm at the end of a dirt road with miles of wilderness behind me. First neighbor is a hundred yards up the road. Any of us might shoot a few rounds off at any time and no one needs to call 911.

I say move.

Yup
Originally Posted by RWE
no, its not OK.

Most of the time, the neighborhood will turn to crap, the houses will degrade, and then the houses will ultimately be burned by the fire departments as a training exercise.

Oh good, for a moment there I thought that conservatives no longer respected the concept of ownership or private property.
Not to deny it doesn't get thought of a lot, however.....

We have an old house in town that I hoped would get hit by lightning, but no such luck.

Lots of low rent bungalows in and amongst some nicer family housing.

The dealers loved the neighborhood for the low cost set ups.

Thankfully, the ne'er-do-wells finally over played their dealings - may have something to do with me giving the narc team a key to my house while it was vacant, and the hoods moved along.

Decent neighborhood now. My son and his family live in the house.
I know it does, the crooks around here have turned it into a thriving industry...it irritates me somewhat that the butter wouldn't melt in their mouth types are the ones that are the offenders here.
It is why insurance is so high.
The crack house (rental) that is 4 houses up the street from me ...

I would do whatever it takes, pay whatever it takes, to move away from where you live.

As a first order of priority.
Posted By: temmi Re: I'll never cal 911 again... - 04/07/14
Geez, where do you live?

It should be somewhere else
I'd like to know where you can move to there are no drugs being sold? Maybe not gang bangers doing it but it goes on everywhere! Where we used to live a family moved on the street and the oldest son was a thug. My wife came home and informed me we have to move, the street is going to hell. I looked at her and said I'm not leaving, I've got a shotgun and that punk is stupid. If he wants to try me I'll bait his ass in and that will end it. I told her if we moved there will be another problem and the kid's dad may be connected or have money. In 2010 I had 6 weeks off after surgery. I had my suspicions drugs were being sold by a neighbor's son. While I was off it was obvious. I live in a fairly new subdivision. I took pictures and took them to the drug task force. The guy I met told me they had to give written notification to suspected drug dealers (mandated by the prosecutor) they were under an ongoing investigation and the kid has been served. The kid has never been gone so he's not been arrested. Several of us made it obvious they were being observed so the sales are done elsewhere. When I took my daily walks after taking the pictures I carried my .45 until I went back to work. Two or three gals have been taken out by EMTs for overdoses. The house is up for sale because the kid's step mom couldn't take it any more, moved out with her son and filed for divorce. We live at the western edge of the county and to get here you have to drive into the neighboring county. My plan is to shelter in place, call 911, and do what I have to if need be. The police are so overwhelmed with the drug problem they can hardly scratch it much less make a big difference.

A gang showed up in an area of Huntington, WV called Guyandotte. There were problems but the police couldn't legally do anything because there was nothing to charge them with. The gang started trying to recruit local kids. They were introduced to the national pastime minus the ball one night. No one "saw anything or heard anything". When they got out of the hospital they moved on.

Middle Fork Miner, I hope your problem gets fixed. That said IMO you and your good neighbors need to think about how to work on getting rid of them and staying out of jail at the same time.
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Originally Posted by Redneck
Well said..

Really!
(1) I missed the part that it was a rental and (2) I did NOT say, in any way, shape or form, that "it was ok to burn down the house".... I DID say that I would be shocked if it occurred.

That clear enough for ya?
Yes, that pretty much covers your arse if something untoward happens.
A idiot named flavor (or flava not sure i dont talk jive) flave once said, get up get up g g g, g g get down 911 is a joke in yo town. Sometime even can make a good observation.
i'd of called the cop shop back and told them........... "I sore I seen a body being dragged into the house! "
Posted By: W7ACT Re: I'll never cal 911 again... - 04/07/14

Tell me about it I walked into the local Wally World and they had a sign on their ammunition case that said due to the shortage of 22 ammunition that they would only sell you three boxes to a customer in fairness to their other customers.

I told them what a joke that sign was as I haven't seen a box of 22 ammo on their shelves in six years much less have the opportunity to buy even one box in that time.
I've never had to call 911, but my issue is that any conversation seems to be public record. Why do we have the pleasure of listening to good folks plead for help or their lives on the evening news? Reporters to no need access to those calls.

I keep the agency numbers on the front of our phone book (remember those?) and will go straight to the needed source.
© 24hourcampfire