Home
http://www.kltv.com/story/25476446/...rce=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

RAINS COUNTY, TX (KLTV) - The former Rains County deputy who shot a dog after responding to a burglary call on April 18 has now been indicted on animal cruelty charges.

According to the Rains County District Clerk's Office, 32-year-old Jerrod Dooley has been charged with a state jail felony, punishable by up to two years behind bars. Dooley was fired on April 24 after threats were made against him and the sheriff's office following the controversial incident.

Dooley's attorney Peter Schulte said he would have had his client testify before the grand jury regarding the case and he's disappointed that did not happen.

"This is clearly a political knee jerk reaction by the DA in Rains County and there�s no chance that this case will stand up in court," said Schulte. "It�s a legal impossibility because he was acting within the scope of his employment as a public servant. We look forward to our day in court.�

Schulte added that neither he nor his client have been contacted by Rains County.

Dooley has not been arrested and it is unclear if an arrest warrant has been issued for him at this time. Schulte said if a warrant is issued, his client will make arrangements to comply.

Rains County homeowner Cole Middleton arrived home around 11 a.m. on Friday, April 18 and discovered his home had been burglarized. Middleton said his guns, iPad and his wife's jewelry had been taken.

Middleton called 911 at 12:46 p.m. At 2:41 p.m., Dooley arrived at the home. Middleton said when Dooley arrived to investigate, he claimed the dog was about to bite him and shot the dog to defend himself.The Middleton family says the necropsy report by a veterinarian proves that Candy was shot in the back of the head.

During a tearful interview in April, Dooley tried to explain why he shot the dog.

"I tried, but I didn't think I could get away from her," he said haltingly. �I told her to 'get back,' she wouldn't get back ... and I fired two shots."

The dog's owner said he thinks the indictment is a stepping stone in getting justice for Candy.

"Obviously the grand jury felt there was enough evidence there to bring an indictment against Mr. Dooley," Middleton said. "I really hope this helps further the call and the need for Candy's Law and getting officers trained to deal with non-aggressive and aggressive dogs as well."
It was only interesting when this young guy wasn't a new hire and wasn't going to be prosecuted.
Lock them dog shooters up.

There's an old mama coon in my backyard right now.

My cat is yowellin' at it through the glass door.

I won't even shoot her.
rite up there with the dude who shot the 91yo.....
Next thing you it will be "animal cruelty" shooting prairie dogs.
Big difference between shooting pests and a working farm dog, I don't see a slippery slope here.
A New Jersey man was having problems with squirrels entering his Linden home through a hole. In order to stop them, he killed a few with his BB gun and hung them on his fence, like a warning to pirates entering a port.
Now Richard Baird is facing $250 to $1,000 in fines and up to six months in jail under animal cruelty charges.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...oting-squirrels-in-backyard-with-bb-gun/
Texas is to be commended for having (some states still do not) and Rains County for prosecuting this as felony animal cruelty. Even the full two years is, though, far to light of a sentence for this heinous crime, especially since it was committed under the color of law. A serious sentence enhancement for crimes committed by LEOs is desperately needed.
We're you born a complete azz or has it taken lots of practice?
Good point. It's okay to be an idiot unless you just got hired as a LE.
I'm thinking he might have told the dog to "get back" in spanish or something and the dog simply didn't understand.

Bad Dooley!
I've got a real problem with the charge. Shooting an animal is not animal "cruelty". If I decide to put down my own dog (for whatever reason) and I shoot it, have I now committed animal cruelty? Looks like it in Texas. The shoot was bad. No question, but the charge looks wrong. Let 'em fight it out in civil court.
[Linked Image]

Dogs have a special place in Western Civilization, and how individuals and cultures treat them is an excellent winnower.
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
Dooley was fired on April 24 after threats were made against him and the sheriff's office following the controversial incident.

Dooley's attorney Peter Schulte said he would have had his client testify before the grand jury regarding the case and he's disappointed that did not happen.

Schulte added that neither he nor his client have been contacted by Rains County.

This is clearly the case of a cop getting special treatment that an ordinary citizen wouldn't.

Not the good kind of special treatment like free donuts and coffee, but it's certainly special.
My heelers (I have two) are the best companions a man can have. But they do get in trouble now and agin. wink
If you come into my yard and tell my dogs to get back they will just eat ya.LEO should have honked his horn.I dont by the "couldnt get to the car".
Originally Posted by RobJordan
I've got a real problem with the charge. Shooting an animal is not animal "cruelty". If I decide to put down my own dog (for whatever reason) and I shoot it, have I now committed animal cruelty? Looks like it in Texas. The shoot was bad. No question, but the charge looks wrong. Let 'em fight it out in civil court.

So you going for first degree murder? wink
I have mixed feelings on this. I know that every dog owner out there will insist that their dog won't bite you while rover is chomping on your leg. If I was carrying I'd shoot the damn dog and of course would face charges for animal cruelty. So I can understand any LEO being nervous about dogs. But there does seem to be a lot of LEOs shooting dogs. I hope it all comes out in court one way or the other and justice prevails.
By golly, I don't have a dog in this fight, if the tables were turned and that would have been a police working dog the resident shot, he would be charged with murder as if the dog "officer" were a human.

Double dang standard, ain't it?

Heelers are very protective and possessive. However, regardless of breed, a smart person knows better then to just charge, un-invited, into the domain of any dog. I dearly love my heeler, as well as my yellow lab, my black lab, my lil' pug terrier cross , my---- Yaaaa, I'm married to a dog nut!
I can see charges getting filed, but agree, the cruelty thing sticks a bit in my crawl.

Destruction of property and a HUGE civil penalty sounds right.

I dunno.
You, your crap, your family, and your dog are viewed with little sub human respect by LEO's, the justice system, and Liberals.

You'll be lucky if they even say ooops regarding any collateral damage
Originally Posted by JohnnyLoco
if the tables were turned and that would have been a police working dog the resident shot, he would be charged with murder as if the dog "officer" were a human.

No he wouldn't.
Hurt the police dog and see what charges you get.
It's for damn sure be a felony and the public would be on the hook for a full on police funeral.
My point is, they would charge you with as much as possible and roll you over the coals in a heartbeat.

They usually have no regard for you and yours
If it's not animal cruelty, what do you call it when,...
You intentionally shoot a dog,
Intentionally leave it wounded,
Intentionally let it suffer,
And, intentionally will not deliver a finishing shot?

Sounds pretty cruel to me...

I agree that shooting your dog to euthanize it or end it's suffering should NOT be considered "animal cruelty", (which I believe IS, and against the law in my state of Kansas), but I also don't think it's anywhere remotely close to what this cop did.

Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
if the tables were turned and that would have been a police working dog the resident shot, he would be charged with murder as if the dog "officer" were a human.

No he wouldn't.

Hurt the police dog and see what charges you get.

A SJF or a F2. Texas Penal Code 38.151

Sec. 38.151. INTERFERENCE WITH POLICE SERVICE ANIMALS. (a) In this section:
(1) "Area of control" includes a vehicle, trailer, kennel, pen, or yard.
(2) "Handler or rider" means a peace officer, corrections officer, or jailer who is specially trained to use a police service animal for law enforcement, corrections, prison or jail security, or investigative purposes.
(3) "Police service animal" means a dog, horse, or other domesticated animal that is specially trained for use by a handler or rider.
(b) A person commits an offense if the person recklessly:
(1) taunts, torments, or strikes a police service animal;
(2) throws an object or substance at a police service animal;
(3) interferes with or obstructs a police service animal or interferes with or obstructs the handler or rider of a police service animal in a manner that:
(A) inhibits or restricts the handler's or rider's control of the animal; or
(B) deprives the handler or rider of control of the animal;
(4) releases a police service animal from its area of control;
(5) enters the area of control of a police service animal without the effective consent of the handler or rider, including placing food or any other object or substance into that area;
(6) injures or kills a police service animal; or
(7) engages in conduct likely to injure or kill a police service animal, including administering or setting a poison, trap, or any other object or substance.
(c) An offense under this section is:
(1) a Class C misdemeanor if the person commits an offense under Subsection (b)(1);
(2) a Class B misdemeanor if the person commits an offense under Subsection (b)(2);
(3) a Class A misdemeanor if the person commits an offense under Subsection (b)(3), (4), or (5);
(4) except as provided by Subdivision (5), a state jail felony if the person commits an offense under Subsection (b)(6) or (7) by injuring a police service animal or by engaging in conduct likely to injure the animal; or
(5) a felony of the second degree if the person commits an offense under Subsection (b)(6) or (7) by:
(A) killing a police service animal or engaging in conduct likely to kill the animal;
(B) injuring a police service animal in a manner that materially and permanently affects the ability of the animal to perform as a police service animal; or
(C) engaging in conduct likely to injure a police service animal in a manner that would materially and permanently affect the ability of the animal to perform as a police service animal.

My point is, they would charge you with as much as possible and roll you over the coals in a heartbeat.

They usually have no regard for you and yours

And my point is that you're just spouting off at the mouth. Which is fine, just don't get butt hurt when somebody recognizes it for what it is.
For the record, I think it's stupid to get charged with injuring a police dog too.

Those police dogs knew it was a dangerous job when they signed up for it.
You, your crap, your family, and your dog are viewed with little sub human respect by LEO's, the justice system, and Liberals.

You'll be lucky if they even say ooops regarding any collateral damage

Whatever the issue might be, whether it�s mass surveillance, no-knock raids, or the right to freely express one�s views about the government, we�ve moved into a new age in which the rights of the citizenry are being treated as a secondary concern by the White House, Congress, the courts and their vast holding of employees, including law enforcement officials.
~ John W. Whitehead

This epidemic of LEOs shooting our dogs is a calculated act of oppression; as the LEOs means to inflict the greatest grief and harm that they could upon citizens without suffering any real consequences for their heinous actions. Perhaps, Candy will both get justice and turn the tide against LEOs slaughtering of our dogs with impunity.
Originally Posted by Rovering
This epidemic of LEOs shooting our dogs

I didn't know an officer had shot your dog. I'm sorry to hear that.

Not mine, but a great many other dogs have and continue to be shot by you and / or your colleagues:

National Review - Puppycide

A surprising number of dogs are shot by cops. A new documentary looks at the problem.

On a Sunday afternoon in October of this year, Gabrielle Stropkai�s dog was shot by a police officer investigating a burglary nearby. The dog �was walking by and went �ruff ruff� � just a couple of little ruffs,� a neighbor of the Stropkais� told local television in Boise, Idado. But �she didn�t jump at him or anything.� In response, the owner remembers, the officer �pulled his weapon, asked whose dog it was, and shot her in the back of the head.� The dog died instantly.

The Stropkais are not alone in their grief. A Google search for �dog shot by police officer� returns countless stories from across the United States. YouTube, too, is full of harrowing videos. There is even a website, the bluntly titled �Dogs That Cops Killed� blog, which seeks to �collect a few of the innumerable instances of police officers killing dogs� and to push back against the �wars on drugs, peace, and liberty.�

This unlovely trend has claimed the attention of Patrick Reasonover, a libertarian filmmaker in California who is currently raising money for a proposed documentary, Puppycide, through the crowdsourcing service Kickstarter. �We�re excited by this one,� Reasonover tells me, �because on so many issues � the War on Drugs, for example � it�s impossible to move the ball. You can feature the problems with the drug war, but there are so many embedded interests that one documentary isn�t really going to solve the problem. With this issue, however? We feel that it could.�

Around eight months ago, Reasonover began to notice the proliferation of online videos of police officers shooting dogs. �People were going nuts about it,� he recalls. �There were tons of views on these things. We had dogs and we were disturbed, so we thought we�d reach out and start contacting some of the victims.� In doing so, he quickly learned that the news reports and the published footage were only the beginning of the story. Because police departments don�t keep easily accessible records of dog shootings, it is hard to gauge the scale. A recent review of public records by the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals concluded that almost half of all firearms discharges by police officers involve the shooting of a dog. But nobody really knows.

Indeed, even animal-rights activists aren�t fully aware of the numbers in their communities. �They would tell us that there were, say, five news stories on these dogs that got shot,� Reasonover says. �But through my digging and persistence I found out that actually, you know, 22 were shot and no one ever knew.� One thing led to another, and he discovered that �there is a set of people who are working across the nation, through lawsuits or legislation or appealing to the Justice Department.� As part of his project, Reasonover is hoping to file Freedom of Information Act requests in all major cities and jurisdictions in the U.S. and to get hold of all firearm-discharge records. From that, he hopes to assemble a better list.

It may make brutal reading. A recent lawsuit in Milwaukee filed by a woman whose dog was killed forced that city to compile its records. �They found that a dog was shot every seven days,� Reasonover says. �Just in Milwaukee.� And, unless something changes, the number will only continue to rise. �Over the course of the past forty or fifty years, dogs have moved from the barnyard to the back yard to the bedroom,� Ledy Vankavage, the senior legislative attorney at Best Friends Animal Society, has observed. In the meantime, the drug war has been ratcheted up, terrorism has become a pressing concern, and, as Radley Balko has so distressingly chronicled, the police have become increasingly militarized. �You have this recipe for these police entering our lives more and more and more,� Reasonover explains. �The dogs are there, and so they are killed.�

�And then the police conduct their own investigation, and nothing happens.�

Fear of being disciplined or sued is enough to push many to insist that they had no other option. �Plenty of police apologize,� Reasonover concedes, �but in a lot of instances, they say, �Your dog was aggressive, we did what we needed to do.�� In raising awareness, the Puppycide team hopes that police forces will start to offer training to their officers. �In most cases, a dog won�t charge at you unless it�s trained to. But most cops don�t know that, so they see the dog there barking aggressively; they take that as aggressive behavior, and they shoot it.�

Reasonover believes that the issue will be of interest across the political spectrum. �One of the reasons we�ve felt so excited about this documentary is that there are a lot of communities there who would share this view. At first, we thought it would be liberty-oriented people who knew our work from before. But in the past two days, we think it�s just everyone at large. Left and Right. We�ve even had people who are cat owners!�

Nevertheless, making a documentary about such a touchy subject is going to present some challenges. Reasonover and his colleagues had to recut the trailer on their Kickstarter page after potential donors complained that it was too distressing. �We included the terrible footage because we thought it was important for people to see the reality of the situation,� he tells me. �But a lot of dog owners and animal-welfare advocates basically told us that they couldn�t watch the video � it was too painful. So we have a new trailer, and it tells the story in a way that sets the stage and the tone but doesn�t show the graphic content.�

I ask Reasonover whether this will present a problem when it comes to the final cut. After all, if people are disturbed by the trailer, how will they cope with a full film? He�s not worried. �We are going to position these moments in a structured story and pace out the terrible bits,� he tells me. �We�ll have the good things about dogs and the heroes who are changing the way things are done. It won�t be compressed.� One of the problems with creating a trailer, Reasonover adds, is that it is difficult to get people to believe that this is actually happening. �People don�t think it�s true until you show them,� he says, �because they just think, �Well, cops are there to help people.� But it is.�

A happy warrior, he ends on an upbeat note. �This is a solvable problem. And the documentary will go a long way to solving it.�

� Charles C. W. Cooke is a staff writer for National Review.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/362980/puppycide-charles-c-w-cooke

Every 98 minutes, a dog is shot by law enforcement.

https://twitter.com/PUPPYCIDE

Not mine, but

Oh, nevermind.

The phrase "our dogs" obviously included your dog. I assumed that what you posted was the truth and that a cop had shot your dog. Since what you posted wasn't true, I'll stop feeling so bad about your dog. I'm glad to hear he's OK.

I need to bring this to market. Put this on pooch before you dial 911......

[Linked Image]
I had a paper route when I was a kid.

,..got dog bit several times,...never shot a dog.

,...woulda been bad for business.
Better yet, just don't dial 911.

Few situations actually improve when you call the police.
I'm way behind, 16 yrs and no dog kills under my belt. In fact, I can only think of a 3 or 4 department wide in that time frame.
Remembering precisely what the 'Campfire' LEOs are here excusing and making into a joke is important:

Candy Middleton before

[Linked Image]

and after her all too typical interaction with a LEO.

[Linked Image]

Ask yourselves for what kind of person is this a joke?

Dogs, especially working dogs like Candy, are vitally important, contributing, and loved members of families and have been since the far reaches of prehistory.
After you've lied to us, it's hard to know what to believe from you.

Trust is earned.

Trust is earned.

My use of 'our' in the aggregate sense for all American dog owners and our dogs that have and are being shot by you (again an aggregate or collective term) was / is in no way a lie.

I do not know how I could possibly 'write down' for your reading level, when a three letter word is too much for you.
I had to shoot a dog in self defense once, but he was a Charpei/Pitbull cross and I waited until he came OUT of his yard, and more that 1/2 way across the street (Snarling, growling and snapping as he came) before I popped a cap.

I went to many homes and farms in my travels when I was working. Typically 3-6 homes per day. If a dog is protecting his turf from me OR a cop, he is doing his job and PERFECTLY. The correct response, and I have done this many times, is to call on the phone or with your voice into the house that they need to get their dog. Owners tie up or otherwise restrain thier dog, I go in. No problem, no blood, no heartaches and not ammo expended.

If I was in my car and I saw a potentially biting type of dog, and STAYED IN MY CAR and celled the owners by voice or cell phone. To get out of the car is an invitation to disaster. This Police officer used poor judgment, to a tragic end, at more than one level.

Our dogs will not let anyone in our home or the part of the yard they guard in the daylight hours unless we tell them it is OK for this person or that one to come in/through. And they make sure that you know, while you are coming up the walkway to our front door, that you are being watched with an eye towards chomping the ever livin hail outta you. This is their JOB here. To 1)alert us to strangers and 2) if stranger enter anyway to 'engage' them until we can get some bullets flying to end the fracus.
"I went to many homes and farms in my travels when I was working. Typically 3-6 homes per day. If a dog is protecting his turf from me OR a cop, he is doing his job and PERFECTLY. The correct response, and I have done this many times, is to call on the phone or with your voice into the house that they need to get their dog. Owners tie up or otherwise restrain thier dog, I go in. No problem, no blood, no heartaches and not ammo expended."

Pretty much how it's done the overwhelming majority of the time. The difference between now and 50 yrs ago is instant media.
Originally Posted by Mac84
"I went to many homes and farms in my travels when I was working. Typically 3-6 homes per day. If a dog is protecting his turf from me OR a cop, he is doing his job and PERFECTLY. The correct response, and I have done this many times, is to call on the phone or with your voice into the house that they need to get their dog. Owners tie up or otherwise restrain thier dog, I go in. No problem, no blood, no heartaches and not ammo expended."

Pretty much how it's done the overwhelming majority of the time. The difference between now and 50 yrs ago is instant media.

Mostly, I agree with you. But, I also think that todays Police Recruits are different in their mentality and approach, and not for the better.
Any one who calls the cops and then is too dumb to chain up their dog should not be surprised if it gets shot.
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
Any one who calls the cops and then is too dumb to chain up their dog should not be surprised if it gets shot.
True. They KNOW the dog will do what he is supposed to do. Granted - the cop should have just called. It was not a situation that involved immediate danger. He could have just taken another 5 minutes. Bet he wished he HAD!

Trust is earned.

Bluedreaux, you twist words around like a politician. Are you running for office?

Where in Texas are you employed as an LEO? I'd like to know so I can be on my best behavior if I travel there. Don't think I'd like to meet you. Your comments in this and some other threads have convinced me that you have earned my dis-trust.

Yep, people need to learn to just look the other way when an officer decides they want to shoot a dog or other animal for any reason.
Originally Posted by safariman

Mostly, I agree with you. But, I also think that todays Police Recruits are different in their mentality and approach, and not for the better.

The only thing different between 50 years ago and today is cell phone videos have gotten everyone stirred up and doubting the word of the individual officer. It's why videoing police really should be banned.

This is clearly the case of a cop getting special treatment that an ordinary citizen wouldn't.

Not the good kind of special treatment like free donuts and coffee, but it's certainly special.
BS. If a plumber showed up to the farm to fix a leak and shot the guy's dog under these circumstances, he'd be arrested same day.
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

BS. If a plumber showed up to the farm to fix a leak and shot the guy's dog under these circumstances, he'd be arrested same day.

And the plumbers wouldn't have people picketing them. But the police only get arrested when enough people start whining around, pissin and moanin. Definitely not fair to the officers that they only get arrested when a bunch of malcontents start raising hell over something.
Originally Posted by Seven_Heaven

Trust is earned.

Bluedreaux, you twist words around like a politician. Are you running for office?

Where in Texas are you employed as an LEO? I'd like to know so I can be on my best behavior if I travel there. Don't think I'd like to meet you. Your comments in this and some other threads have convinced me that you have earned my dis-trust.

He just likes to hear himself talk.
Originally Posted by benchman
True. They KNOW the dog will do what he is supposed to do. Granted - the cop should have just called. It was not a situation that involved immediate danger. He could have just taken another 5 minutes. Bet he wished he HAD!

Yea, they know the dog will go up to strangers smiling and wagging its tail. Oh, I forgot, when one smiles it exposes one's teeth.
Originally Posted by Bristoe

Damn if that doesn't bring this problem into sharp focus. Cops don't give a crap about how the public (ostensibly their "customers") perceives them, because increasingly the public aren't actually their customers. The rulers of state are, and the rulers of state have a vested interest in a terrified, demoralized, and subjugated public.
Originally Posted by benchman

Just called? CALLED? Hahaha. What planet do you live on? And what kind of dope do you smoke there?

Could you imagine the chit talking that would go on if the story were that a cop CALLED instead of responding because there might be a dog??? Hahaha.

Some of you people live in a special kind of reality. But it is fun to read that's for sure.

As for this case, I don't know the specifics. Is there video or something? Everyone seems fairly certain this guy was in no danger at all.

For the record, I ain't never shot a dog on duty. Hope I don't have to. But I would if I felt it was gonna bite me. I have shot one dog in self defense prior to working as an LEO. In Ca. And when the Deputy arrived he wrote down my statement and personal info, called animal control to dispose of the dead animal. And left. I never heard another word. And that was inside city limits. So it happens.

Sometimes dogs get killed.

Trust is earned.

My use of 'our' in the aggregate sense for all American dog owners and our dogs that have and are being shot by you (again an aggregate or collective term) was / is in no way a lie.

I do not know how I could possibly 'write down' for your reading level, when a three letter word is too much for you.
He's a slippery character.

Damn if that doesn't bring this problem into sharp focus. Cops don't give a crap about how the public (ostensibly their "customers") perceives them, because increasingly the public aren't actually their customers. The rulers of state are, and the rulers of state have a vested interest in a terrified, demoralized, and subjugated public.

When I retire, I gotta meet you and get some of that dope you smoke. It's just GOTTA be awesome. And the conversation will be epic. You just know it.
I knew some true colors would show
I knew some true colors would show

Excellent argument. You win of course
Originally Posted by pira114

When I retire, I gotta meet you and get some of that dope you smoke. It's just GOTTA be awesome. And the conversation will be epic. You just know it.
The truth really burns you up, doesn't it?
Not hardly an argument. I just agree every day that goes by, the "system" sees the private citizens they are supposed to protect and serve as anything much above trash.

Many cops these days don't want to be bothered with the hassle of paperwork from a simple burglary and don't spend a nickel of expended energy to recover your stuff.

If the cop showed up to the house under the said conditions and shot the non-lethal dog in the back of the head, he should be strung up in the county fair grounds! He is a loser!

The truth really burns you up, doesn't it?

It would be nice to know the truth in this case. None of us does. Kinda the point of me being goofy in my responses.
Kinda the point of me being goofy in my responses.
When an angry cop says he wants to meet someone he encounters on line, it's usually taken as a threat.
The truth of the case is, the dog is not big enough to provide a lethal threat to a full sized human being thus not justifying the use lethal force. Hell they would pepper spray or tazer a 240lb perp who just killed your grandma before they would shoot him.

The cop is a PUNK!

When an angry cop says he wants to meet someone he encounters on line, it's usually taken as a threat.

What??? First, I'm not angry. Never am. You read me wrong partner. Second, I said I want to meet you, smoke dope, and have an epic conversation. If THAT scares you, well, I just don't know what to say brother.
He was charged for animal cruelty because he lied about what happened and shot the dog in the back of the head . I guess the dog decided not to bite him and was just going to take a chit on his leg and this is why the dog was facing away when shot. He knew he wasn't in the right and this is why he left after shooting the dog. I hope these charges send the message to other cops that a Badge doesn't give you the right to kill a family pet for no other reason except you can claim the job gives you the right to do so. I would bet more mailmen have been dog bite than police and they don't shoot people dogs. I don't know if he should get jail time but he should have to pay for this dog and be barred from working in Law Enforcement. A farmed trained Healer is hard to come by and more productive than two farm hands when working Cows or Sheep. Like someone else stated shoot a Police or Drug Enforcement Dog and see how it goes for you in court.
Hang him.....
I agree to hang him or sentence him to fill the dog's duties on the farm for the average life of the dog.

What??? First, I'm not angry. Never am. You read me wrong partner. Second, I said I want to meet you, smoke dope, and have an epic conversation. If THAT scares you, well, I just don't know what to say brother.
I didn't say it scared me. I identified what you were doing.

And your tone is clearly that of an angry person.

PS The root cause of the problem we're discussing isn't any defect in cops as individuals, necessarily. Cops are merely behaving naturally in light of the position the state is creating for them in our society.

The root problem is the increasing extent to which the police are intruding into the lives of regular folks. Again, that's not at root a problem with individual cops, i.e., the problem isn't necessarily that cops are doing their jobs defectively. It's a problem associated with our transition into a police state, i.e., the job the state is now asking the cops to perform, that of imposing tyranny on the population at large. (We don't want you to do that job at all, whether well or poorly.) A certain degree of callousness is a natural result of asking our police forces to fulfill this role, and the casual attitude that develops regarding the shooting of dogs is merely a natural consequence of that.

I didn't say it scared me. I identified what you were doing.

And your tone is clearly that of an angry person.

PS The root cause of the problem we're discussing isn't any defect in cops as individuals, necessarily. Cops are merely behaving naturally in light of the position the state is creating for them in our society.

The root problem is the increasing extent to which the police are intruding into the lives of regular folks. Again, that's not at root a problem with individual cops, i.e., the problem isn't that cops are doing their jobs defectively. It's a problem associated with our transition into a police state, i.e., the job the state is now asking the cops to perform, that of imposing tyranny on the population at large. We don't want you to do that job at all, whether well or poorly. A certain degree of callousness is a natural result of asking our police forces to fulfill this role, and the casual attitude that develops regarding the shooting of dogs is merely a natural consequence of that.

I disagree. With both points.

My tone was never angry. The majority of the thread might have been. My tone was obviously joking and dismissive at worst. Don't exaggerate what's happening please. You know darn well I was not threatening you in any way. Never have in this thread or any other. Threats aren't my way.

As for the root cause, I disagree that it's an "increasing extent" that the police are intruding on our lives. It IS happening, but that's nor the root cause in my mind.

I truly believe the root cause is an increasing disbelief in the importance of freedom from the top down, and more importantly, a huge loss of personal responsibility and lack of respect for our fellow man. That may sound like the same thing. But not really.

It's not just the way we conduct and view law enforcement in the majority of this country. It's the way we conduct our lives in general. Zero morals and ethics. Complete breakdown in passing on to future generations our pride in Freedom and America. And this weird obsession so many have of forcing God out of our lives.

That's just my opinion. A very non-angry opinion I might add. grin
Really wish dolittle dooley wasn't such a big fat poosie..............................

Gunner

Do you realize that guy is whacking off at the thought of talking to you?
And I REALLY REALLY hope no one ever shoots my penned dogs, you will all hear about it, cause it will make the world news.

Gunner
Originally Posted by gunner500
And I REALLY REALLY hope no one ever shoots my penned dogs, you will all hear about it, cause it will make the world news.

Gunner

Why would you try to drag down an officer over something like that?
The average Policeman isn't the Cops i grew up knowing in the 50's and 60's. When we were young growing up we were taught by our parents to look up to and respect the local Policemen, that they were our friends, today parents are now teaching their children to avoid the average Policeman because he is now becoming your enemy instead of your friend. The police have changed in the last forty years and it isn't for the better. When you call 911 you are putting your family lives and yourself on the line.

My tone was never angry. The majority of the thread might have been. My tone was obviously joking and dismissive at worst. Don't exaggerate what's happening please. You know darn well I was not threatening you in any way. Never have in this thread or any other. Threats aren't my way.

As for the root cause, I disagree that it's an "increasing extent" that the police are intruding on our lives. It IS happening, but that's nor the root cause in my mind.

I truly believe the root cause is an increasing disbelief in the importance of freedom from the top down, and more importantly, a huge loss of personal responsibility and lack of respect for our fellow man. That may sound like the same thing. But not really.

It's not just the way we conduct and view law enforcement in the majority of this country. It's the way we conduct our lives in general. Zero morals and ethics. Complete breakdown in passing on to future generations our pride in Freedom and America. And this weird obsession so many have of forcing God out of our lives.

I don't think you're a bad guy. Everybody gets annoyed from time to time. I can understand why a cop would take personally a criticism aimed at a subject relating generally to the police and their role in society.

Yep, nothing new now versus 10, 20, 30 or more years ago other than video cameras showing stuff from bad angles.
Originally Posted by sherp

Gunner

Wont be dragging anyone down, they shoot my penned dogs they'll be dragged off.

Gunner
Originally Posted by bea175
The average Policeman isn't the Cops i grew up knowing in the 50's and 60's. When we were young growing up we were taught by our parents to look up to and respect the local Policemen, that they were our friends, today parents are now teaching their children to avoid the average Policeman because he is now becoming our enemy instead of our friends. The police have changed in the last forty years and it isn't for the better. When you call 911 you are putting your family lives and yourself on the line.

Yep, back then when some thug claimed they weren't resisting and a police officer choked them out for no reason there wasn't any pictures seeming to show the bogus story spun by the thug so the officers word was golden as it should be.
The average Policeman isn't the Cops i grew up knowing in the 50's and 60's. When we were young growing up we were taught by our parents to look up to and respect the local Policemen, that they were our friends, today parents are now teaching their children to avoid the average Policeman because he is now becoming your enemy instead of your friend. The police have changed in the last forty years and it isn't for the better. When you call 911 you are putting your family lives and yourself on the line.
Sadly, I agree with all of that.

Gunner

Gunner

That is just wrong to interfere with an officer in the performance of their duties.

Yep, nothing new now versus 10, 20, 30 or more years ago other than video cameras showing stuff from bad angles.
laugh

Gunner

Gunner

I will testify in your defense Gunner
Thanks Bea, I'll need it, hell, a man owes that kind of defense to good dogs, very few things better left on this earth than a good devoted dog. smile

Gunner
The man that shoots my dog in a pen will be dead as soon as I can generate a proper sight picture.
Originally Posted by sharpsguy
The man that shoots my dog in a pen will be dead as soon as I can generate a proper sight picture.

That just isn't right. To paraphrase Nixon, When a police officer does it, that means it is not illegal.

I don't think you're a bad guy. Everybody gets annoyed from time to time. I can understand why a cop would take personally a criticism aimed at a subject relating generally to the police and their role in society.

This is funny. I'm not even annoyed. And never get pissy about people second guessing or criticizing my career. If we as a people stop second guessing the police and leaders in general, then we cease being free.
The problem is, what if your dog goes to an officer is a friendly manner while wagging its tail and gets blown away?

A Sharps 45-110 should do the job .
Originally Posted by eyeball
The problem is, what if your dog goes to an officer is a friendly manner while wagging its tail and gets blown away?

The officer knows when to use force while an untrained civilian doesn't.
I think it is funny as schit. I have defended a couple people charged under the Texas animal cruelty statute and for the record, I think charging someone with a felony for shooting a dog is retarded. That said, cops aren't above the law. In fact, they should be held to a higher standard and if Texas is going full retard and charging its regular citizens with felonies for shooting dogs, then it should charge cops too when the facts warrant it.

This should be Animal Farm and some animals shouldn't be more equal than other animals.

This is funny. I'm not even annoyed. And never get pissy about people second guessing or criticizing my career. If we as a people stop second guessing the police and leaders in general, then we cease being free.

Just as long as that 2nd guessing doesn't lead ot officers getting arrested or having to turn on each other. Never have seen 1 officer interfere with another in one of those videos cop haters claim shows police wrong doing and if God is with us we never will.
Originally Posted by JoeBob
I think it is funny as schit. I have defended a couple people charged under the Texas animal cruelty statute and for the record, I think charging someone with a felony for shooting a dog is retarded. That said, cops aren't above the law. In fact, they should be held to a higher standard and if Texas is going full retard and charging its regular citizens with felonies for shooting dogs, then it should charge cops too when the facts warrant it.

This should be Animal Farm and some animals shouldn't be more equal than other animals.

Police officers are held to a higher standard so that is why if there is something questionable they feel bad about it and that is equivalent to a civilian getting fined or jailed.

BS. Back in the 50s if a cop shot your dog, no one would blink. If he shot you, no one would blink. If you did blink, you might get hit with a SAP for disagreeing.

Law enforcement has changed in many ways. Some good, some bad. But if you think as a whole it's gotten worse as far as excessive force, than you grew up in a great neighborhood.

Which brings me to another point. I think also it's a regional thing. Where I work, you'd darn well better be on the up and up. But 30 miles north, anything goes. So all our experiences need to be in that perspective. Same goes for back in the 50s.

BS. Back in the 50s if a cop shot your dog, no one would blink. If he shot you, no one would blink. If you did blink, you might get hit with a SAP for disagreeing.

Law enforcement has changed in many ways. Some good, some bad. But if you think as a whole it's gotten worse as far as excessive force, than you grew up in a great neighborhood.

Which brings me to another point. I think also it's a regional thing. Where I work, you'd darn well better be on the up and up. But 30 miles north, anything goes. So all our experiences need to be in that perspective. Same goes for back in the 50s.

Exactly what I have been saying. All this cell phone crap has ruined the word of law enforcement. America needs to do less recording and put more faith in what the law enforcement profession wants us to believe.
Evidently more than a couple of people (not men) in blue feel shooting someones dog is funny too.

What about a registered bull or cutting horse?

Generally, the possibility of financial gain affects how a lawyer feels about many things. smile
Evidently more than a couple of people (not men) in blue feel shooting someones dog is funny too.

What about a registered bull or cutting horse?

If the officer feels it is necessary to maintain law, order, and safety no one should doubt a word they say.

Just as long as that 2nd guessing doesn't lead ot officers getting arrested or having to turn on each other. Never have seen 1 officer interfere with another in one of those videos cop haters claim shows police wrong doing and if God is with us we never will.

Because those videos don't get played on livelink or youtube a bilkiin times. They're not the kind of video that gets press. But of course it happens. I've done it. I've seen it numerous times.

There are thousands of cops who go through a shift without doing anything wrong or questionable. Why would we watch a video where absolutely nothing happens and then go on for pages about it?
I like to watch rodeo on occasion.

Sometimes I root for the bull.

A belly full of #4 buck from 30 paces sounds about right. Then let it fester for 2-3 days...

Yep. This.

Similar to the situation in Filer, except in this case it was the OWNER who called the cops and had 2 hours to make sure his dog was properly controlled.

Did the cop overreact? Possibly. No way to know without video of the dog/officer interaction. Disciplinary action and training without job loss would've been the smart play. Sure as schit ain't a felony/jail time offense. Highly doubt it will turn out that way, either.

BS. I don't know where you live but in the 1950s if a cop in rural East Texas shot a good upstanding white man in some of the circumstances that happen fairly routinely today, he would have been lucky to escape lynching. Thirty years before that, he would have been strung up before nightfall. Or more likely, shot dead one night with no witnesses.

Yup, mag dump here.

Gunner
Originally Posted by ltppowell

You're the one that showed him my picture.
Statements like that are why I usually appreciate your input.

grin

You're the one that showed him my picture.

One question Mav. Do they let you take your atripper costume with you when you're flying Sorties?
animal cruelty, homo chit, racist chit, 'respect the muslims' chit.
The whole country is going to hell in a hand basket. shocked
BS. I don't know where you live but in the 1950s if a cop in rural East Texas shot a good upstanding white man in some of the circumstances that happen fairly routinely today, he would have been lucky to escape lynching. Thirty years before that, he would have been strung up before nightfall. Or more likely, shot dead one night with no witnesses.

The change started with the partial Federalization of police during prohibition. That started the gradual transition from being actual servants of the local public to being imposers of state tyranny on the people. This caused a gradual shift from being concerned about the approval of the populations they served to being concerned only with the approval of their state masters.

That sounds about right.
It's not a costume, it's a way of life. I wear it under my flight suit.
Because those videos don't get played on livelink or youtube a bilkiin times. They're not the kind of video that gets press. But of course it happens. I've done it. I've seen it numerous times.

There are thousands of cops who go through a shift without doing anything wrong or questionable. Why would we watch a video where absolutely nothing happens and then go on for pages about it?

There is a huge difference between nothing happening and an officer being taken down for abusing a civilian which never happens. Every now and then a bad cop may wrong another officer, but that doesn't happen much and I am sure the cop haters would love to see both events.

It's a damn shame officers are so looked down upon they have to claim that an office the next county over is crooked just to placate the cop haters when in fact agencies work together so well.

But they wouldn't have been a good upstanding white. The second they go against an officers orders, no matter what those orders are, the good and upstanding part goes out the window since the officers word is always beyond doubt. Always has been the case and always will be.
OK, I've got to ask everybody at this point your dealings with working blue heeler farm dogs. My experience, in my immediate North Texas rural area, is that I've walked into a strangers yard on occasion and had a couple bark at me, but they came up to me and sniffed me and then pretty much ignored me. Am I just a freak-of-nature person that dogs naturally like??

Blue heelers are about the last dog I would suspect of being overly aggressive to the point of shooting one, that would NEVER occur to me based upon my dealings with them. Same for the deputy, he was previously a deputy in Fannin County, and there's sure A LOT OF THEM in that county and he damn sure came into contact with them there on patrol.
If you are a cop and you have to shoot something , don't waste your ammo on dogs, shoot some of these black hoodlums with their pants down to the back of their knees selling drugs at your local schools. As far as Blue Healer , one of my buddy son got one and the other day i was over at his place , it barked at me and then smelled my leg and then jumped in my Lap and started licking me when i petted him, they aren't aggressive dogs
There is a huge difference between nothing happening and an officer being taken down for abusing a civilian which never happens. Every now and then a bad cop may wrong another officer, but that doesn't happen much and I am sure the cop haters would love to see both events.

It's a damn shame officers are so looked down upon they have to claim that an office the next county over is crooked just to placate the cop haters when in fact agencies work together so well.
Mark Twain, is that you? grin
If they run up while I'm facing them, never a problem.

It's the sneaky azz dogs that charge up when your back is turned that'll try and put the teeth in ya.
You are more likely to get ankle bite by a Toy Breed than a Big Breed of Dogs.
OK, I've got to ask everybody at this point your dealings with working blue heeler farm dogs. My experience, in my immediate North Texas rural area, is that I've walked into a strangers yard on occasion and had a couple bark at me, but they came up to me and sniffed me and then pretty much ignored me. Am I just a freak-of-nature person that dogs naturally like??

Blue heelers are about the last dog I would suspect of being overly aggressive to the point of shooting one, that would NEVER occur to me based upon my dealings with them. Same for the deputy, he was previously a deputy in Fannin County, and there's sure A LOT OF THEM in that county and he damn sure came into contact with them there on patrol.
Hell, I've had a Rottweiler charge me into the street from its front lawn with all out aggression and I didn't shoot it. Just stepped towards it and let it know with voice and body language that I wasn't scared, but that he'd best be scared of me. Stopped it in its tracks. I was armed, too. When you know you'd get into a heap of trouble (both socially and legally) for shooting a dog, you quickly discover all sorts of other ways of dealing with them. Problem is that cops are generally immune from the kinds of things that get the rest of us in trouble.
He was hiding behind the Badge and didn't worry about the outcome
The cop clearly didn't give much thought to shooting this dog on the front side.
Now he gets to think about it on the back side.

I'm happy if at one end or the other he LEO's are forced to think about their actions, and the consequences. It's when they're NOT, that we need to get nervous. That happens too. Paid administrative leave, is that what you and I call a vacation?
He was hiding behind the Badge and didn't worry about the outcome
Exactly.
If you are a cop and need a few days off , just go to someones house and shoot their dog, instant payed Vacation
Originally Posted by MadMooner
If they run up while I'm facing them, never a problem.

It's the sneaky azz dogs that charge up when your back is turned that'll try and put the teeth in ya.
Very true. The ones that try to work their way to behind you are the ones you need to worry about.
If you are a cop and need a few days off , just go to someones house and shoot their dog, instant payed Vacation

And it wouldn't be that way if it weren't for all the malcontents complaining about it.
She bared her teeth at me

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I was so vewy vewy afwaid I just HAD to shoot her

[Linked Image]

I'm with Sharpsguy and Gunner on how I'd deal with that stunt.

GTC

It's not a costume, it's a way of life. I wear it under my flight suit.

Do the muzzies tip well?

When I was a kid it was a different world back in the late 1960's. As a Cub Scout we toured the local police station in Irving, Texas. Cops were wearing riot helmets for a short time as I recall.

Get this: an Irving policeman came to my elementary school for a Cub Scout pack meeting and split a bullet on an axe up on the stage of the cafeteria where we met, of course he was using a .38 revolver. We all held our hand over our ears at the shot eek How's that for a flashback!!! That could never happen in the America we live in, now frown

[Linked Image]

Quite a few stories of officers firing their guns in schools. I suspect that they were trying to split a bullet on an ax, but the current lack of pride civilian firearms and ammunition manufacturers shows and the round misses the mark despite the efforts of the officer so it has to be explained away by claiming the gun malfunctioned so everyone saves face.
I missed the school bus when i was in grade school in the 50's and the Local State Trooper came to the school and took me home in his cruiser, his name was DA Pierce will never forget . I never talked much to him, but spent the whole trip looking at his revolver and I was dying to hold it. My best memory from grade school.

Oh this is too much fun! laugh

"The TRAINED officer DOESN'T know when to use force while an untrained civilian DOES."

You make a good point. I grew up in small cities and rural areas where life in general was good and the police were by and large good but major metropolitan areas have always been the chits from the police.
Originally Posted by derby_dude

"The TRAINED officer DOESN'T know when to use force while an untrained civilian DOES."
He makes his points by illustrating the absurdity of the opposing point, i.e., sarcasm.

You make a good point. I grew up in small cities and rural areas where life in general was good and the police were by and large good but major metropolitan areas have always been the chits from the police.

The only difference between a department in a big city and a small city is usually the number of officers that work there.

The change started with the partial Federalization of police during prohibition. That started the gradual transition from being actual servants of the local public to being imposers of state tyranny on the people. This caused a gradual shift from being concerned about the approval of the populations they served to being concerned only with the approval of their state masters.

That's true. Plenty of documentaries on the subject on you tube some even by the NRA.

He makes his points by illustrating the absurdity of the opposing point, i.e., sarcasm.

It isn't absurd, the position I hold is the position that holds up in court almost everytime. And rarely does it even get that far.

That's true. Plenty of documentaries on the subject on you tube some even by the NRA.

They put out stuff like that every now and then to get anarchists to pay for some stuff at the office. They have supported common sense firearms positions like punitive taxes on NFA stuff and limiting guns that weren't useful for hunting and target shooting and teh police necessary to enforce all of that since the beginning.
Sherp, I'm trying to figure out if you are one of the greatest satirist to come to the Fire in a long time or just a jerk. The jury is still out.
Sherp, I'm trying to figure out if you are one of the greatest satirist to come to the Fire in a long time or just a jerk. The jury is still out.
It's part of his sarcasm to deny he's doing it.
Shemp is just another troll.
Easy to call me names, hard to find a municipality that doesn't adhere to what I advocate.

I'm really curious about that as well. The posts are just a bit too naive, as if the more outlandish nature is done deliberately. That's a fine line to walk, one misstep and it goes too obviously overboard and the false persona is blown. So if he manages to maintain that delicate balance over time I would have to go with the first part of your statement. Or it could be the posting of an eight grader trying to be serious and enter the world of adulthood, but my gut isn't agreeing with that one, either.

Anyway, Sherp, welcome to the fire. If nothing else your novelty is interesting.
Like I said, easy to call me names, hard to find a municipality that doesn't adhere to what I advocate.
Originally Posted by Seven_Heaven

Trust is earned.

Good grief

Yep, people need to learn to just look the other way when an officer decides they want to shoot a dog or other animal for any reason.

Is that what I said?
Does anyone else scroll down until the helmet and good coin stop talking before they bother reading anything?
Yes.
Does anyone else scroll down until the helmet and good coin stop talking before they bother reading anything?
Good coin equals gold coin, I assume?

When I was a kid it was a different world back in the late 1960's. As a Cub Scout we toured the local police station in Irving, Texas. Cops were wearing riot helmets for a short time as I recall.

Get this: an Irving policeman came to my elementary school for a Cub Scout pack meeting and split a bullet on an axe up on the stage of the cafeteria where we met, of course he was using a .38 revolver. We all held our hand over our ears at the shot eek How's that for a flashback!!! That could never happen in the America we live in, now frown

[Linked Image]

That's pretty cool.

We still give tours. Lots of kids from the elementaries and cub scouts come through. No splitting bullets though. Parents would stroke out.

Yes.

It's not your fault, you're just not funny.

Yes.

It's not your fault, you're just not funny.
I wasn't trying to be. Just asking for clarification.

Is that what I said?

If anyone complains about a dog being shot they are cop haters.
Says who?
If "Sherp" were Obama,

TRH would be his J. Carney.

GTC
Easy to call me names, hard to find a municipality that doesn't adhere to what I advocate.
Not really. The very municipality we're talking about here doesn't.
The leo should have honked the horn for a few hours and then
just left a voice mail that he was unable to investigate the crime because he was afraid.
Then the owner could chain the dog when the police show up.Having the dog didn't prevent the burglary so he was of limited value anyhow. IMO
Having the dog didn't prevent the burglary so he was of limited value anyhow. IMO

Really ?

... I'd say it just reinforces the proposal that this was NOT an agressive or "dangerous" dog.

I'd say you're pretty full of yourself, to be placing value on other folks's critters, too.

GTC
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

It's just a show because it is an election year. He will be back on with back pay by this time next year.

It's just a show because it is an election year. He will be back on with back pay by this time next year.
No, he wont'.

No, he wont'.

Don't count on it. I think the officer in Ohio that had to threaten the car load of whores, pimps, and johns a couple of years ago got back on with his department.
The root cause of the problem we're discussing isn't any defect in cops as individuals, necessarily. Cops are merely behaving naturally in light of the position the state is creating for them in our society.

The root problem is the increasing extent to which the police are intruding into the lives of regular folks. Again, that's not at root a problem with individual cops, i.e., the problem isn't necessarily that cops are doing their jobs defectively. It's a problem associated with our transition into a police state, i.e., the job the state is now asking the cops to perform, that of imposing tyranny on the population at large. (We don't want you to do that job at all, whether well or poorly.) A certain degree of callousness is a natural result of asking our police forces to fulfill this role, and the casual attitude that develops regarding the shooting of dogs is merely a natural consequence of that.

Well put.

Add in that this new role as enforcers of tyranny both attracts a worse personality type than old time peacekeeping cops and provides additional protection for the plain old bad cop.

[Linked Image]

I disagree that LEOs are shooting American's dogs due to simple callousness. LEOs are shooting American's dogs as a calculated act of intimidation and oppression. Except, perhaps, in this one case, shooting our dogs is a LEOs means to inflict the most grief and harm on a citizen without fear of any repercussions.
You may well be right in many cases.
The root cause is not LEO's intruding, its their lack of respect of the people they serve. Because of Miranda warnings, they treat criminals better than the common clean record citizen.

No, I don't believe all cops or priest are bad, there needs to be a better screening process for both. There needs to be an independent evaluation agency for both.
Thanks Bea, I'll need it, hell, a man owes that kind of defense to good dogs, very few things better left on this earth than a good devoted dog. smile

Gunner

^^The best few words ever on any dog thread ever!^^
Is there anyone on here who thinks shooting a kid is okay? I mean, do you think your own life is worth more than a ten year old kid's? And before you answer than, would you run down the street, interpose yourself in a situation where a kid could put you in danger and then shoot said kid if you thought the kid would shoot you? The same can be said of a confused and/or addled old person? Bear in mind this isn't a situation where said kid or confused old person came to your home, but one where you assumed the risk.

I think most of us would say that we would rather take a bullet and take our chances than kill a kid. And at the very least, we almost all would certainly go out of our way not to be put in that sort of situation where we might possibly have to make that choice.

But today, with the mantra of "officer safety" being paramount, we see cops shooting kids, old people, and other non-criminals all the time when those people are nothing more than confused. The cops maintain that they were a threat and that the officers have the right to deal with that threat in order to protect themselves and others. That is what they are being taught. So, think about that for a second. That means that the types of people signing up to be cops nowadays are the ones who say to themselves, "Well, if I had to and the circumstances were right, I could shoot a kid if that was the only way to protect myself."

That is fricking insanity when you really sit down and think about it.
Police Officer safety has come to trump all other considerations. That's something that's normally only associated with authoritarian states.
Is there anyone on here who thinks shooting a kid is okay? I mean, do you think your own life is worth more than a ten year old kid's? And before you answer than, would you run down the street, interpose yourself in a situation where a kid could put you in danger and then shoot said kid if you thought the kid would shoot you? The same can be said of a confused and/or addled old person? Bear in mind this isn't a situation where said kid or confused old person came to your home, but one where you assumed the risk.

I think most of us would say that we would rather take a bullet and take our chances than kill a kid. And at the very least, we almost all would certainly go out of our way not to be put in that sort of situation where we might possibly have to make that choice.

But today, with the mantra of "officer safety" being paramount, we see cops shooting kids, old people, and other non-criminals all the time when those people are nothing more than confused. The cops maintain that they were a threat and that the officers have the right to deal with that threat in order to protect themselves and others. That is what they are being taught. So, think about that for a second. That means that the types of people signing up to be cops nowadays are the ones who say to themselves, "Well, if I had to and the circumstances were right, I could shoot a kid if that was the only way to protect myself."

They beat the [bleep] out of that Diabetic guy here awhile back because he couldn't respond to their commands fast enough. Then they were on tape snickering about it after they found out he was just a Diabetic and not a drunk who "deserved it"!

They beat the [bleep] out of that Diabetic guy here awhile back because he couldn't respond to their commands fast enough. Then they were on tape snickering about it after they found out he was just a Diabetic and not a drunk who "deserved it"!

Are you talking about Graham vs Connor?

Because that was in 1989...

Travis
They beat the [bleep] out of that Diabetic guy here awhile back because he couldn't respond to their commands fast enough. Then they were on tape snickering about it after they found out he was just a Diabetic and not a drunk who "deserved it"! [/quote]

You're just jealous because your colleagues in the burger flipping biz wouldn't come to bat for you if you did the same.
Police Officer safety has come to trump all other considerations. That's something that's normally only associated with authoritarian states.

Only in a police state is the job of a policeman easy. ~ Orson Welles

The totalitarian state's 'elites' in their broad pursuit of absolute state power and LEOs in their narrow pursuit of absolute personal safety are collaborating to become a nightmare force turned against Americans.

[Linked Image]

Hey Rovering. Why aren't you out killing cops if this is what you really believe?
In the south dogs are regarded almost like your kids. Just saying
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
Hey Rovering. Why aren't you out killing cops if this is what you really believe?

America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. On the road to tyranny, we've gone so far that polite political action is about as useless as a miniskirt in a convent. ~ Claire Wolfe

[Linked Image]
Lead the charge, or be a coward.

If it's as bad as you say, why aren't you acting? You just going to sit at your keyboard? Go bomb a federal building and get the fire started.
I'm sure TRH will be right with you.

If it's as bad as you say, why aren't you acting? You just going to sit at your keyboard? Go bomb a federal building and get the fire started.

How do you know he is not?

How do you know the only avenue he travels in his fight for justice is on this forum arguing with the likes of worthless pucks like yourself.

You guys are no better then the MSM and the Socialist Regime we live under today. Anytime someone dares to confuse you with facts and evidence you resort to name calling and demonizing for the sole purpose of derailing the topic at hand and shifting to personal attacks.

Only in a police state is the job of a policeman easy. ~ Orson Welles

The totalitarian state's 'elites' in their broad pursuit of absolute state power and LEOs in their narrow pursuit of absolute personal safety are collaborating to become a nightmare force turned against Americans.

[Linked Image]

Sounds pretty cut and dried, raisuli.. Why aren't you acting?
Originally Posted by steve4102

How do you know he is not?

How do you know the only avenue he travels in his fight for justice is on this forum arguing with the likes of worthless pucks like yourself.

You guys are no better then the MSM and the Socialist Regime we live under today. Anytime someone dares to confuse you with facts and evidence you resort to name calling and demonizing for the sole purpose of derailing the topic at hand and shifting to personal attacks.

His fight for justice?

TFF. Sounds like you got a hero..

You write like you may need help.

May I suggest, Lyle Rossiter, Jr. M.D.. He is an acknowledged and published expert on your afliction:

[Linked Image]

Modern Liberalism's Second Childhood

In our contemporary collectivist society, by contrast, a grown-up does not in fact grow up but remains instead an adult child of The Modern Parental State. Like all collectivist states, this one undermines the citizen's self-reliance and aborts his growth to maturity. Its oppressive regulations obstruct his freedom to cooperate voluntarily with others. Its intrusive welfare programs preempt his natural inclinations to charity. Its permissive culture promotes sexual acting out, with all of its terrible consequences: sexually transmitted diseases, unwanted pregnancies and abortions, and the devastating effects of infidelity brought upon marriages and families. But it also rationalizes violence by attributing it to social factors instead of personal choice, promotes blaming and complaining through its victim-villain paradigm, and undermines the character of adult citizens by constantly inviting them to become wards of the state, deeming them incompetent to manage their affairs and declaring them in need of government guardians. The effects of this infantilization of the people are both profound and perverse. But the effects on their liberties are at least as devastating. In exchange for the promise of lifelong security, the collectivized grown-up surrenders to a Hobbesian monster the power to run his life. The result of this surrender is the pseudo-adult life of the modern liberal agenda and the gradual degradation of freedom.

http://www.libertymind.com/modern-liberalisms-second-childhood_287.html

I dealt with dogs of all kinds on a daily basis when I worked for the cable company. Never shot a one. In fact I wasn't even allowed to be armed {company policy}. Meter readers, mail men, paper boys and fuel delivery drivers do it daily also and somehow manage to do it without ever shooting anybody's dog. Cops could manage too, unless they're just too dumb or chicken schit to face Fido without blasting away.
Originally Posted by Blackheart

I dealt with dogs of all kinds on a daily basis when I worked for the cable company. Never shot a one. In fact I wasn't even allowed to be armed {company policy}. Meter readers, mail men, paper boys and fuel delivery drivers do it daily also and somehow manage to do it without ever shooting anybody's dog. Cops could manage too, unless they're just too dumb or chicken schit to face Fido without blasting away.

A cop is a lot more important than any cable man, paper boy, or meter reader, they just can't take the chance of getting hurt. Doesn't matter if it's a 90 year old granny holding a gun for protection, kid with a toy gun, or barking dog, they just can't take any chances.
Hey Laguna.. Why aren't you out there? If it's this bad, get out there and start the fire.
Originally Posted by rickmenefee
In the south dogs are regarded almost like your kids. Just saying

Yep, both need to be liquidated if they interfere with police business.
Hey Laguna.. Why aren't you out there? If it's this bad, get out there and start the fire.

Because they know that not only would they be going up against the hero this thread is about, but they would be having to deal with patriotic civilians like you reporting their activities, pointing out their families to authorities, and taking the shot yourself if the opportunity arose.
Bye shump.
Originally Posted by poboy
Bye shump.

Can't show how I am wrong so you have to call me names. Who didn't see that one coming?
Bye shump.

Can't show how I am wrong so you have to call me names. Who didn't see that one coming?

Sherp,

While I certainly disagree with you, I appreciate your unfiltered honesty.

Even though they are still united as LEOs right or wrong against citizens, your fellow LEOs do heavily filter their views here or resort to petty Alinskyite ridicule to deflect. You express your views here just as you do among your colleagues.

Seeing what you LEOs really feel in print is worthwhile.

Do not let we citizens honest disagreement, nor your fellow LEOs dismay that you are letting their cat out of the bag censor you.
Bye shump.

Sherp,

While I certainly disagree with you, I appreciate your unfiltered honesty.

Even though they are still united as LEOs right or wrong against citizens, your fellow LEOs do heavily filter their views here or resort to petty Alinskyite ridicule to deflect. You express your views here just as you do among your colleagues.

Seeing what you LEOs really feel in print is worthwhile.

Do not let we citizens honest disagreement, nor your fellow LEOs dismay that you are letting their cat out of the bag censor you.

The review from a mom's basement. And not an officer. You would enjoy reading the law enforcement sites if I offend you.
You still mad about this?

You still mad about this?

Thats outstanding
© 24hourcampfire