Home
Posted By: HugAJackass Hey, you guys in Idaho.... - 05/13/14
Does anything suck about living in Kootenai County?

Namely near Coeur D'Alene?

grin
Posted By: BMT Re: Hey, you guys in Idaho.... - 05/13/14
It will if you move there . . . . . . grin

CCI is hiring in Lewiston--wanna make rimfire ammo?

BMT
Posted By: deflave Re: Hey, you guys in Idaho.... - 05/13/14
If I lived in the south, I'd be packing and not asking ridiculous questions.

Travis
Originally Posted by BMT
It will if you move there . . . . . . grin

CCI is hiring in Lewiston--wanna make rimfire ammo?

BMT

laugh

Nah, my job allows me to work from home. I just want out of this stupid heat and humidity.
Originally Posted by deflave

Travis

laughin'

Workin' on it man. Just trying to nail down a destination.
HugAoboma, sorry the devil made me do it. jackass/Oboma same same.

to answer your question the down side around Cdl. is the liberals. Post falls is more conservative as is Hayden.
Rathdrum is nice, so is Athol. yeah that is pronounced like you have a lisp. Sandpoint is a mix of cons/pros. as in conservative/progressives. from there north it is conservative, but the temperature is colder. cost of living is higher south to north. north part of the panhandle most of the road traffic is Canadians and border patrol.
[Linked Image]
you want cold and dry?
Originally Posted by HugAJackass

grin

Real estate prices. It is spendy. Most middle-class types have to move north and commute in. When you see that lake you'll understand why money moves there. Looks like Switzerand or Norway.

People still point guns at each other over water all over the west. If you don't mind living in a damn desert, help yourself. I've seen enough desert....

There are a few places like N. Idaho and NW MT that aren't as dry as a popcorn fart, but they are filling up fast. Kalispell for example.
awesome! Thanks for the tips!

Cold and dry is awesome! I like 4 actual identifiable seasons.

BTW, my screen name comes from the idea of patronizing and insulting Democrats. Taken from their Mascot, the jackass grin

How is the hunting in that particular area? Would you suggest hunting farther North in Idaho or more south?

Ultimately, I guess I really don't care about the politics of my neighbors as much as I care about the politics of the City/State and the laws that directly impact me. Idaho is a red state so I'm happy to start with that foundation. smile
[Linked Image]
this is the size of whitetails here but this particular one is protected
[Linked Image]
this falls candidate.
that candidate looks tasty!

Now the hunt for a piece of land in the area begins.... smile

Travis

Thank you....but I'll stay here and have sweat running down me Irish arse instead of having to dress up like a friggin Eskimo 9 months out of a year when I want to go out and shoot! Besides....you folks know how to cook for schitt!! grin eek
Originally Posted by deerstalker
[Linked Image]
this is the size of whitetails here but this particular one is protected

laugh

I missed the details in the antlers the first time I looked here....

Alabama has been great to me, but then again, I base this upon being born and raised in Upstate NY....

I miss the seasons of NY, and the Mountains, Lakes, and Tree's. I do not miss the politics....

The politics of Alabama are second to none imo. I love this State for what the people here believe in. What I cannot stand is not being able to enjoy the outdoors with 90*+ heat and 80%+ humidity for 5 months of the year.

The North West looks to be the best of both worlds.
Posted By: rattler Re: Hey, you guys in Idaho.... - 05/13/14
Originally Posted by RMulhern

Travis

Thank you....but I'll stay here and have sweat running down me Irish arse instead of having to dress up like a friggin Eskimo 9 months out of a year when I want to go out and shoot! Besides....you folks know how to cook for schitt!! grin eek

hey now.....its usually only 6 months not 9 laugh
Posted By: 700LH Re: Hey, you guys in Idaho.... - 05/13/14
Before buying why not rent for a few months to a year and be sure you buy were you want to live. CDA, Lewiston, and surrounding area's in some ways can be quite different, yet both north-central Idaho.
pm sent.
The places I've been checking out don't even really get all that cold.

20*-30* isn't bad, especially if you're out and moving about.

I like that it's dry too. Then the Summers, with average temps in the 70's, and dry as well.....what's not to love!?
Originally Posted by 700LH
Before buying why not rent for a few months to a year and be sure you buy were you want to live. CDA, Lewiston, and surrounding area's in some ways can be quite different, yet both north-central Idaho.

that's the plan, actually smile
It can get as hot as two titties rubbin' together in Lewiston. Heat collects in that valley. Too damn dry there for my tastes
What? Not a fan of cleavage TAK?
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee
It can get as hot as two titties rubbin' together in Lewiston. Heat collects in that valley. Too damn dry there for my tastes

You could always hold your head under water?

Travis
WTF?
Just last weekend, you stated you had never been to Lewiston.
Does 100 melt your lady parts?

I could never figure out why all those Louisianan and Texan folk were so good at cooking.

Then I figured out it was because they had nothing else to do other than stand in front of a pit, or a pot full of gumbo for 36 hours straight.

Damn good eats regardless.

Travis

I could never figure out why all those Louisianan and Texan folk were so good at cooking.

Then I figured out it was because they had nothing else to do other than stand in front of a pit, or a pot full of gumbo for 36 hours straight.

Damn good eats regardless.

Travis

It keeps the bugs away, sort of.
Originally Posted by wageslave
WTF?
Just last weekend, you stated you had never been to Lewiston.
Does 100 melt your lady parts?

I'd like to see that post. I've driven through Lewiston a couple of times. My daughter doesn't live far from there.
What? Not a fan of cleavage TAK?

I'm a leg sorta guy. Not a leg as in NAP of course.

It keeps the bugs away, sort of.

How the [bleep] would you know? You know as much about cooking as you do rifles.

Travis

It does not suck to be you then. Never seen much of ID besides the panhandle down to Moscow but I've read about the smallmouth fishing in the Snake.
Standby for a courtesy response.

Travis
LMAO.
Then a gopher shooting invite?

grin

Living in Idaho, Montana, or Wyoming is good living no matter the politics. Just remember, whiskey is for drinking and water is for fighting which means the Feds are trying really really hard to destroy all three states.

Other than this welcome aboard.

TAK hasn't graduated to that level of bullschit yet.

He's stickin' with the Green Beret routine for now.

Travis

TAK hasn't graduated to that level of bullschit yet.

He's stickin' with the Green Beret routine for now.

Travis

Like I told you azzwipe, I got documents. Put up the rifle and you get to see 'em.

It does not suck to be you then. Never seen much of ID besides the panhandle down to Moscow but I've read about the smallmouth fishing in the Snake.

"Much" also includes Lewiston/Clarkston and the highway north back to Pullman

Like I told you azzwipe, I got documents. Put up the rifle and you get to see 'em.

Which rifle?

Travis
What about the lady parts?
It's hot out there.

grin

The Californians.... wink
Hunting isn't typical western here. It is THICK in most places.

PM me if you have specific questions.
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...070/Re_WTS_15_Acres_in_Idaho#Post8860070
Thanks nim smile

I wouldn't know typical Western hunting. I've spent a lot of time hunting in the Adirondaks and Catskills of NY as well as the swamplands of southern Georgia and middle Alabama.

I really like a dense forest though....
hug, if you want to go farther north I have two places for sale in boundary county. off grid self contained year round access.
[Linked Image]
view
Thanks nim smile

I wouldn't know typical Western hunting. I've spent a lot of time hunting in the Adirondaks and Catskills of NY as well as the swamplands of southern Georgia and middle Alabama.

You won't find any dense forest in Montana, Idaho, or Wyoming like you are use to.

Wow! Is there anything that can't be found on the Campfire!?

That's a hell of a nice piece of land, and a great price!
Services to property and well in already too. Ka-Ching.
Idaho's whitetails are underrated. There are some dandies. In general, whitetails are in the north and mulies in the south. With a few exceptions, the limit is 1/yr.
Posted By: W7ACT Re: Hey, you guys in Idaho.... - 05/13/14
awesome! Thanks for the tips!

Cold and dry is awesome! I like 4 actual identifiable seasons.

BTW, my screen name comes from the idea of patronizing and insulting Democrats. Taken from their Mascot, the jackass grin

How is the hunting in that particular area? Would you suggest hunting farther North in Idaho or more south?

Ultimately, I guess I really don't care about the politics of my neighbors as much as I care about the politics of the City/State and the laws that directly impact me. Idaho is a red state so I'm happy to start with that foundation. smile

Both the hunting and Fishing are World Class in the Idaho Panhandle. Lots of Public Land with large populations of Whitetail and Mule Deer along with Elk, Moose, Black Bear and Cougar and a large selection of winged critters including both the water and the dry land variety. The fishing isn't to bad either in both the lakes and streams, There is Sturgon, several varieties of Trout, catfish, perch, bass and other panfish in both the lakes and streams of the Idaho Panhandle..
Yeah, I'll admit that one has me biting my nails and deep in thought.

I would love it. Wife wants to be closer to shopping.....ugh....

Listeniing to TAK give advice about Idaho is like listening to TAK give advice about hunting. Or rifles.

Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Idaho's whitetails are underrated. There are some dandies. In general, whitetails are in the north and mulies in the south. With a few exceptions, the limit is 1/yr.

Even if they are underrated in Idaho, there are no Elk or Moose in Alabama.... wink
CDL seems pretty yuppie to me, but I'm kinda a redneck smile

You can get some cold snaps, but winter in the area is not that bad. I drive through CDL and Spokane once or twice winter, CDL is usually where the roads turn from snow to wet. Spokane is actually a pretty big town now with a decent airport and hospital 30 minutes away. Plenty of boating ,fishing, and hunting in the area.
I've also been eyeballing your town! grin
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
CDL seems pretty yuppie to me, but I'm kinda a redneck smile

He's been warned..... grin

HAJ, better get it before the next Californian sees it....
You ain't kiddin'!

That's a great piece of land, and for that price, I'd be happy.

I like that it's remote....

Wife, not so much.....

women....
Posted By: eh76 Re: Hey, you guys in Idaho.... - 05/13/14

tell her that is what the internet is for.... Amazon delivers wink
laugh

I did.

Now I have to make my own steak tonight.... grin
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
Listeniing to TAK give advice about Idaho is like listening to TAK give advice about hunting. Or rifles.

Heat here in 28% humidity can be brutal, also.
Which is why God created beer....for some.
laugh

I did.

Now I have to make my own steak tonight.... grin

She only needs the really big city once a month, right?

P.S. I'm trying to help here.
I'm about to set her up with a one bedroom apartment in the city. She can stay there. The boys and I will live it up on the land grin

I probably could convince her of the Sandpoint area, but that plot off of 200 is just too far out.

Now, a place south of Post Falls would be real nice...
http://www.trulia.com/property/3154355366-2303-Bayview-Careywood-ID-83809

It's cold here, not much shopping, toothless rednecks everywhere, it's a living hell on earth. We have more gun shops than clothing stores, and one set of false teeth we all share laugh

CDL is a bunch milder in the winter, and butload more shopping, places to eat, and "cultural" things to do. You can even sport a mullet and cruise Spokane on Saturday night.
Originally Posted by derby_dude
Thanks nim smile

You won't find any dense forest in Montana, Idaho, or Wyoming like you are use to.

The west side of Bob Marshall looks like a higher, grander version of East TN below timberline. Lots of the same understory flora. When horses stop walking those trails, there isn't a trail for very long.

Or asking your dumbazz how to build something.

That's what I'm talking about!

Great piece of land, and the extra buildings are perfect!

The house on the other hand really needs a lot of work....

It's cold here, not much shopping, toothless rednecks everywhere, it's a living hell on earth. We have more gun shops than clothing stores, and one set of false teeth we all share laugh

CDL is a bunch milder in the winter, and butload more shopping, places to eat, and "cultural" things to do. You can even sport a mullet and cruise Spokane on Saturday night.

so, what you're saying is that you need some east coast neighbors? laugh
The good news is that if you have friends in California that you've lost track of, you have a fair to middlin' shot at rekindling the friendship in Coeur d'alene.
Originally Posted by 280shooter
The good news is that if you have friends in California that you've lost track of, you have a fair to middlin' shot at rekindling the friendship in Coeur d'alene.

From what I've read they have similarly phuucked up the Wind River area in WY. Real Estate prices there are sky high, but still cheaper than LA, which is what enabled the bastards to sell and screw up the market there.
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck

Even if they are underrated in Idaho, there are no Elk or Moose in Alabama.... wink
Elk you can hunt every year but we're limited on moose - only 1 bull and 1 cow per lifetime.
Posted By: W7ACT Re: Hey, you guys in Idaho.... - 05/13/14
Originally Posted by eh76

tell her that is what the internet is for.... Amazon delivers wink

Plus if you live near Cour de Lane it's near State Line, Idaho and there is a Cabelas just off I-90. Great place for the wife to shop. wink It's only ten minutes from Cour de Lane.
Posted By: Dave_S Re: Hey, you guys in Idaho.... - 05/13/14

In addition to the info above you should watch this video before considering a move to Montana.

The west side of Bob Marshall looks like a higher, grander version of East TN below timberline. Lots of the same understory flora. When horses stop walking those trails, there isn't a trail for very long.

Funniest schit I read all day.

Goddamm you're a riot.

Travis
HAJ, I live 15 minutes west of CDA. I have been a lot of places but few offer everything this area does. It's got its flaws, but at the end of the day, 50 lakes in 50 miles, blue ribbon trout streams, hunt anything from grouse to moose right close to home....tough to best.
thanks HC

I actually have some properties up on my screen from the Post Falls area...
Originally Posted by W7ACT
Plus if you live near Cour de Lane it's near State Line, Idaho and there is a Cabelas just off I-90. Great place for the wife to shop. wink It's only ten minutes from Cour de Lane.

I like the way you think, sir!
Posted By: rosco1 Re: Hey, you guys in Idaho.... - 05/13/14

Travis

laughin'

Workin' on it man. Just trying to nail down a destination.

You're in Dothan IIRC?

You will think you have found paradise on earth
thanks HC

Found one! HAJ House
Posted By: jnyork Re: Hey, you guys in Idaho.... - 05/13/14

From what I've read they have similarly phuucked up the Wind River area in WY. Real Estate prices there are sky high, but still cheaper than LA, which is what enabled the bastards to sell and screw up the market there.

Stay out Wyoming at all costs, you will not be happy here. Winters are long and cold, they start about the 20th of August and last until around the 1st of June. Summer is usually the 7th of July and maybe the morning of the 8th. The wind blows incessantly, 24-7, a calm day is when you can keep your hat on your head without a chin strap. There are no cultural events like cello recitals, gay poetry readings or book signings by liberal activist movie stars. This is due to the fact the natives HAVE no culture, they are all a bunch of beer swilling, tobacco spitting, gun toting ignorant rednecks to whom getting dressed to go out to dinner means a clean pair of jeans and a shirt that's been ironed , and never mind the cow manure on the boots. We have been "discovered" by Californians, refugees from Seattle and Portland, along with a whole herd of citified folks from Back East. This has driven real estate prices out of sight, I just last week saw a 1/4 acre lot with an outhouse and a wall tent go for $350,000. Fishing and hunting truely suck, you cant wet a line or walk in the woods without getting run over by a 4-wheeler with a Colorado license plate. Plus, there�s a real good chance you will perish in the volcanic explosion of the Yellowstone caldera.
No, better you should go to Montana, I hear it's real nice up there.

[Linked Image]
No, a few hours north of Dothan, in Huntsville.

Still, the climate between Dothan an me doesn't change.

thanks HC

Found one! HAJ House

bwahahahahaha!

When I was young and dumb I did the Amway thing. Too funny!
I am not interested in WY. You boys are allergic to tree's there and stuff....
Posted By: EdM Re: Hey, you guys in Idaho.... - 05/13/14
It is a great area as noted by those that know above. We bought up in the mountains about 15 miles NE of Sandpoint. Chose the area as it is a bit remote yet close to a hospital, decent shopping, etc. For big shopping we just do a run to CDA. Plenty of hunting and fishing with an azzload of public land minutes away. In the time we have owned, 9 years, we have had a couple of years with very, very healthy snow dumps otherwise just right. The other seasons are great and you just cannot beat summer there. We are pleased with our pick.
How about South Dakota?
Certainly worth looking at!

You know you have guest coming your way sooner than later grin
I sure hope so!

if you look out here, the Black hills is where you need to start, very mild winters in the southern hills compared to the rest of the midwest. plus I know a certain elkhunter who lives a couple hours away who would probably like to hunt with us
Posted By: eh76 Re: Hey, you guys in Idaho.... - 05/13/14
You have to love a place where you can leave a package of chips out open and they don't get soggy....
Do you think he could keep up!? grin

So, where in the Hills would you suggest? It looks like the biggest town around is Rapid City?
Rapid City is an hour north of where I live, and it is doing well economically speaking and cost of living is fair. good sized airport and lots of hunting opportunities close by. a few years back an outdoors magazine said rapid city was a sportsmans dream as far as making a living, hunting/fishing opportunities and weather, along with a bunch of other factors.

Hill city and custer are both nice, lots of tourists in the summer. Hot springs has the best weather and drier climate. housing costs are pretty close to the same all over. regardless of where you live you can be hunting within 15-20 minutes of home easily. feel free to PM me and I can give you my number if you are serious about moving out here.

the last 3 years I've shot 6 antelope and 24 deer smile not to mention turkey, pheasant, grouse and coyotes. multiple tags for each species available
Originally Posted by eh76
You have to love a place where you can leave a package of chips out open and they don't get soggy....

Amen!

and yes, I have no doubt you can keep up
Originally Posted by Colorado1135
How about South Dakota?

Well, it's better than ND.......
Do you think he could keep up!? grin

So, where in the Hills would you suggest? It looks like the biggest town around is Rapid City?

You could do worse. Riding through Custer St Park screams tourist, like a lot of places back east, IE Gatlinburg outside of GSMNP. The buffalo are cool, but once you've seen 'em, you've seen 'em.

Funniest schit I read all day.

Goddamm you're a riot.

Travis

You've never been to either place....ever.

From what I've read..

There ya go.
No, a few hours north of Dothan, in Huntsville.

Still, the climate between Dothan an me doesn't change.

I've seen it five below in Huntsville.
Watchin' weather channel isn't for the faint of heart, huh TAK?
Watchin' weather channel isn't for the faint of heart, huh TAK?

I don't have cable azzwipe. I was living in Huntsville when it got down to minus 5F. It was JAN 2003

From what I've read..

There ya go.

Unlike you, I can read something a tad more than a comic book.
Good thing you stay inside!

grin

Originally Posted by Iris Dement
..wish I could run away to Coeur D'Alene..

[video:youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=0gcvjlMSsPY[/video]
Iris is a national treasure..
Posted By: mt_elk Re: Hey, you guys in Idaho.... - 05/14/14
I have a place in NW MT for sale, about 90 miles NW of Kalispell. 225 million acres of National Forest around you and Lake Koocanusa. Here is a link http://www.kijiji.ca/v-house-for-sa...2bath-home-near-lake-koocanusa/589427573

PM me if you would like more pictures or info.
Posted By: mt_elk Re: Hey, you guys in Idaho.... - 05/14/14
BTW that is about 150 miles to Sandpoint
Originally Posted by mt_elk
I have a place in NW MT for sale, about 90 miles NW of Kalispell. 225 million acres of National Forest around you and Lake Koocanusa. Here is a link http://www.kijiji.ca/v-house-for-sa...2bath-home-near-lake-koocanusa/589427573

PM me if you would like more pictures or info.

i wish i could afford a place like that! very nice

ked
you and me both! laugh
Posted By: mt_elk Re: Hey, you guys in Idaho.... - 05/15/14
Thanks, it's a great place to live. I'm in CO now for work and I'm not sure when I can be back up that way. Pretty mild winters, lots of wildlife and just a beautiful part of the country. You might consider looking around the area if you make it up that way to check things out.
© 24hourcampfire