Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by HugAJackass
I've also been eyeballing your town! grin

It's cold here, not much shopping, toothless rednecks everywhere, it's a living hell on earth. We have more gun shops than clothing stores, and one set of false teeth we all share laugh

CDL is a bunch milder in the winter, and butload more shopping, places to eat, and "cultural" things to do. You can even sport a mullet and cruise Spokane on Saturday night.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
GB1

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by derby_dude
Thanks nim smile

I wouldn't know typical Western hunting. I've spent a lot of time hunting in the Adirondaks and Catskills of NY as well as the swamplands of southern Georgia and middle Alabama.

I really like a dense forest though....

You won't find any dense forest in Montana, Idaho, or Wyoming like you are use to.

The west side of Bob Marshall looks like a higher, grander version of East TN below timberline. Lots of the same understory flora. When horses stop walking those trails, there isn't a trail for very long.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
Listeniing to TAK give advice about Idaho is like listening to TAK give advice about hunting. Or rifles.

Or asking your dumbazz how to build something.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

That's what I'm talking about!

Great piece of land, and the extra buildings are perfect!

The house on the other hand really needs a lot of work....

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman

It's cold here, not much shopping, toothless rednecks everywhere, it's a living hell on earth. We have more gun shops than clothing stores, and one set of false teeth we all share laugh

CDL is a bunch milder in the winter, and butload more shopping, places to eat, and "cultural" things to do. You can even sport a mullet and cruise Spokane on Saturday night.

so, what you're saying is that you need some east coast neighbors? laugh

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The good news is that if you have friends in California that you've lost track of, you have a fair to middlin' shot at rekindling the friendship in Coeur d'alene.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by 280shooter
The good news is that if you have friends in California that you've lost track of, you have a fair to middlin' shot at rekindling the friendship in Coeur d'alene.

From what I've read they have similarly phuucked up the Wind River area in WY. Real Estate prices there are sky high, but still cheaper than LA, which is what enabled the bastards to sell and screw up the market there.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Idaho's whitetails are underrated. There are some dandies. In general, whitetails are in the north and mulies in the south. With a few exceptions, the limit is 1/yr.

Even if they are underrated in Idaho, there are no Elk or Moose in Alabama.... wink
Elk you can hunt every year but we're limited on moose - only 1 bull and 1 cow per lifetime.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by eh76
Yeah, I'll admit that one has me biting my nails and deep in thought.

I would love it. Wife wants to be closer to shopping.....ugh....

tell her that is what the internet is for.... Amazon delivers wink

Plus if you live near Cour de Lane it's near State Line, Idaho and there is a Cabelas just off I-90. Great place for the wife to shop. wink It's only ten minutes from Cour de Lane.

de 73's Archie - W7ACT

[Linked Image]

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman

In addition to the info above you should watch this video before considering a move to Montana.

IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee

The west side of Bob Marshall looks like a higher, grander version of East TN below timberline. Lots of the same understory flora. When horses stop walking those trails, there isn't a trail for very long.

Funniest schit I read all day.

Goddamm you're a riot.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
HAJ, I live 15 minutes west of CDA. I have been a lot of places but few offer everything this area does. It's got its flaws, but at the end of the day, 50 lakes in 50 miles, blue ribbon trout streams, hunt anything from grouse to moose right close to home....tough to best.

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
thanks HC

I actually have some properties up on my screen from the Post Falls area...

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by W7ACT
Plus if you live near Cour de Lane it's near State Line, Idaho and there is a Cabelas just off I-90. Great place for the wife to shop. wink It's only ten minutes from Cour de Lane.

I like the way you think, sir!

Turdlike, by default.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by deflave
If I lived in the south, I'd be packing and not asking ridiculous questions.

Travis

laughin'

Workin' on it man. Just trying to nail down a destination.

You're in Dothan IIRC?

You will think you have found paradise on earth

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
thanks HC

Found one! HAJ House

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee

From what I've read they have similarly phuucked up the Wind River area in WY. Real Estate prices there are sky high, but still cheaper than LA, which is what enabled the bastards to sell and screw up the market there.

Stay out Wyoming at all costs, you will not be happy here. Winters are long and cold, they start about the 20th of August and last until around the 1st of June. Summer is usually the 7th of July and maybe the morning of the 8th. The wind blows incessantly, 24-7, a calm day is when you can keep your hat on your head without a chin strap. There are no cultural events like cello recitals, gay poetry readings or book signings by liberal activist movie stars. This is due to the fact the natives HAVE no culture, they are all a bunch of beer swilling, tobacco spitting, gun toting ignorant rednecks to whom getting dressed to go out to dinner means a clean pair of jeans and a shirt that's been ironed , and never mind the cow manure on the boots. We have been "discovered" by Californians, refugees from Seattle and Portland, along with a whole herd of citified folks from Back East. This has driven real estate prices out of sight, I just last week saw a 1/4 acre lot with an outhouse and a wall tent go for $350,000. Fishing and hunting truely suck, you cant wet a line or walk in the woods without getting run over by a 4-wheeler with a Colorado license plate. Plus, thereοΏ½s a real good chance you will perish in the volcanic explosion of the Yellowstone caldera.
No, better you should go to Montana, I hear it's real nice up there.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
No, a few hours north of Dothan, in Huntsville.

Still, the climate between Dothan an me doesn't change.

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
thanks HC

Found one! HAJ House

bwahahahahaha!

When I was young and dumb I did the Amway thing. Too funny!

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I am not interested in WY. You boys are allergic to tree's there and stuff....

Turdlike, by default.
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

630 members (10gaugeman, 10ring1, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 63 invisible), 2,047 guests, and 1,354 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,185
Posts18,523,843
Members74,030
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.