Home
Posted By: 222Rem Why Soccer Sucks - 06/21/14
A buddy just emailed me this website. Thought I'd share.

Soccer Sucks

Posted By: agazain Re: Why Soccer Sucks - 06/21/14
Why?
Posted By: derby_dude Re: Why Soccer Sucks - 06/21/14
I agree.
Posted By: P_Weed Re: Why Soccer Sucks - 06/21/14

If God had wanted man to play soccer,
He wouldn't have given us arms.

- Mike Ditka
Posted By: 700LH Re: Why Soccer Sucks - 06/21/14
Soccer is for little kids whose mom's are to scart to let their children play a regular sport, or where the folks are so poor there may only be one ball in the village.
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Why Soccer Sucks - 06/22/14
Originally Posted by P_Weed

- Mike Ditka
If God intended man to play football, he would have given us plastic heads.
Posted By: rost495 Re: Why Soccer Sucks - 06/22/14
I always say, I don't do this or that, or do this or that.

But it gets stupid when folks that should just do their thing and not worry about what others enjoy, continually have to slam things.

Granted I've not learned how to not slam Ruger, but otehr than that, man I don't like sports much. And I sure don't like watching things, I"d rather be doing things.

But the crap of baseball is it or basketball or such...

I think it shows that we put too much into some things, when we should be worrying about us and what makes us happy and not what pisses otehrs off.
Posted By: Deerwhacker444 Re: Why Soccer Sucks - 06/22/14
Too bad, you missed 2 outstanding World Cup games today..
Posted By: bruinruin Re: Why Soccer Sucks - 06/22/14

- Mike Ditka

Please tell me you made that up. I'd hate to be a fan of anything Bears related.
Posted By: Kenneth Re: Why Soccer Sucks - 06/22/14
Did you know most of the Bears are related?
Posted By: ironbender Re: Why Soccer Sucks - 06/22/14
Soccer is not understood by many. They should be pitied for that, not denigrated.

smile
Posted By: 222Rem Re: Why Soccer Sucks - 06/22/14
I've been missing the World Cup because I don't have Cable/Dish, not because I hate soccer. I miss most of the NFL season for the same reason.

The link was provided for a little Campfire levity. smile
Posted By: tzone Re: Why Soccer Sucks - 06/22/14
Do you know why so many people play soccer?

So they don't have to watch it.

grin
Posted By: Swift Re: Why Soccer Sucks - 06/22/14
More people watching the WC than all the major sports combined in the last year.
Originally Posted by 222Rem
I've been missing the World Cup because I don't have Cable/Dish, not because I hate soccer. I miss most of the NFL season for the same reason.

There was some futbol on broadcast TV last weekend. May be some tomorrow too.
Posted By: Kaiser Norton Re: Why Soccer Sucks - 06/22/14
[Linked Image]
Posted By: gunner500 Re: Why Soccer Sucks - 06/22/14
laugh

Posted By: Bearcat74 Re: Why Soccer Sucks - 06/22/14
I played 14yrs worth of soccer, it's a rough game but watching the "pros" flop when someone breathes on them pisses me off. I also played football OL/DL and while soccer would never rank as highly in my opinion as football it is certainly a real sport.

A truly schitty sport is baseball. Nothing like 1 guy throwing, 1 guy swinging and 30 more guys watching those 2. There is a lot of strategy in baseball too. Hit it here so these guys might not catch it, lol.
Posted By: Tim M Re: Why Soccer Sucks - 06/22/14
any sport that puts everyone in the world against everyone else in the world every four years is pretty cool
Posted By: ingwe Re: Why Soccer Sucks - 06/22/14
Still trying to figure out why I should give a schitt about a bunch of grown men playing with a ball 10,000 miles away.
Posted By: Vic_in_Va Re: Why Soccer Sucks - 06/22/14
Would it help if a Leopard-print thong and a .270 were the prizes? grin
Posted By: ingwe Re: Why Soccer Sucks - 06/22/14
That would make it worse�

If it were played by women in leopard thongs�.. whistle
Posted By: KR13 Re: Why Soccer Sucks - 06/22/14
I don't have a problem with kickball, it's just not my thing. I have a problem with the people telling me I should like kickball.
Posted By: JohnnyLoco Re: Why Soccer Sucks - 06/22/14
If Bevis and Butt-Head say "Soccer Sucks", good nuff for me.

The reason I think it suck is because over half the games are ties. I know the appeal is for folks who are non sports fans, they can put it on in the background, talk about liberal agendas, and not miss much.
Posted By: Vic_in_Va Re: Why Soccer Sucks - 06/22/14
Originally Posted by ingwe

And *just* thongs. With all that running around, my eyes would be moving in several directions at once...
Posted By: Deerwhacker444 Re: Why Soccer Sucks - 06/22/14
Still trying to figure out why I should give a schitt about a bunch of grown men playing with a ball 10,000 miles away.

National Pride.!

If we beat Portugal today, we move on to the group of 16..

Being one of 16 nations at the Top is a pretty nice achievement considering our nation is dominated by Football.

5:00 on ESPN.!
Posted By: slumlord Re: Why Soccer Sucks - 06/22/14
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck

- Mike Ditka
If God intended man to play football, he would have given us plastic heads.
rock chuck is on it here lately, the Bible stuff too- put to the hammer to them heathens

+1

laugh
Posted By: gmsemel Re: Why Soccer Sucks - 06/22/14
Originally Posted by Vic_in_Va
Would it help if a Leopard-print thong and a .270 were the prizes? grin

Maybe the thong, but in most countries were soccer is played and popular, a 270 or any sort of gun would be illegal to own let along shoot it!
Posted By: elkhunternm Re: Why Soccer Sucks - 06/22/14

You would've passed out 2 minutes after the game started.

Me,on the other hand,I would've lasted 3 minutes into the game. laugh
Posted By: oulufinn Re: Why Soccer Sucks - 06/22/14
Originally Posted by KR13
I don't have a problem with kickball, it's just not my thing. I have a problem with the people telling me I should like kickball.

One of the best of Michael Berry's rants on ""Kickball"! He's got ol' Karl spun up like a top. TFF

Posted By: BOWHUNR Re: Why Soccer Sucks - 06/22/14
Any sport where a 3-1 score is a blow out loses my attention.

Mike
Posted By: pira114 Re: Why Soccer Sucks - 06/22/14
Originally Posted by Bearcat74
I played 14yrs worth of soccer, it's a rough game but watching the "pros" flop when someone breathes on them pisses me off. I also played football OL/DL and while soccer would never rank as highly in my opinion as football it is certainly a real sport.

A truly schitty sport is baseball. Nothing like 1 guy throwing, 1 guy swinging and 30 more guys watching those 2. There is a lot of strategy in baseball too. Hit it here so these guys might not catch it, lol.

Flopping is one of the most often stated reasons Americans don't watch soccer.

The MLS has been trying to do something about it via the refs. It's working. The sport fan base in America is growing.

Posted By: dassa Re: Why Soccer Sucks - 06/22/14
Probably at the same rate as the illegal alien base is growing.
Posted By: xxclaro Re: Why Soccer Sucks - 06/22/14
I've attempted to watch it a little,just to see what all the hype is about. From what I see they need to take about half the people off the field, give them some room to move. I guess it depends on what your used to. If your used to watching soccer it probably seems exciting. If your Canadian and grew up watching and playing hockey, it seems ridiculously slow paced and boring.
Originally Posted by xxclaro
I've attempted to watch it a little,just to see what all the hype is about. From what I see they need to take about half the people off the field, give them some room to move. I guess it depends on what your used to. If your used to watching soccer it probably seems exciting. If your Canadian and grew up watching and playing hockey, it seems ridiculously slow paced and boring.

crazy Same number of players as (American) football and a bigger field.

Less than 2X the number of players as hockey and a field about 10X the size.
Posted By: KR13 Re: Why Soccer Sucks - 06/22/14
Posted By: xxclaro Re: Why Soccer Sucks - 06/22/14
Originally Posted by ironbender

Ok fine, leave the number of players the same but let the players tackle each other so the guy with the ball can actually do something!
There's gotta be some way to make it exciting, one would think. Hockey and football allow hitting to open up room, whereas soccer doesn't allow any contact so everyone always seems to be in the way. I didn't watch enough of it to bother counting players.
Posted By: JimHnSTL Re: Why Soccer Sucks - 06/22/14
Well I for one find the theatrics of the majority of soccer players right up there with tennis players. Now as for as how the US can't compete with the rest of the world in soccer, it's very simple. If all these other third world countries had real professional sports available to all the great athlete like the US does then they too would be fielding a team of all the guys that couldn't cut it in real sports. Even with that the US soccer team is not a free-be. Just imagine though if all the great American athletes only played soccer opposed to football,baseball,hockey and whatever, they would dominate so bad no other country would let us play.
Posted By: 257heaven Re: Why Soccer Sucks - 06/22/14
Crap! Never been a soccer fan and my 11-yr old son has never played organized soccer. He plays baseball and basketball and football. But he bought a USA soccer ball at Academy last night after he destroyed a cheap $5 Franklin ball after about a week in the backyard. And now we have to watch the USA/Portugal matchup. I'm very afraid that he's gonna get me hooked! Next thang, I'll be trying to get him to teach me the stupid stupid rules.

Posted By: akpls Re: Why Soccer Sucks - 06/22/14
Constant movement and having to think on the fly is just too much for some here to handle. The keyboard athletes need a game where they have to stop and think about what they're gonna do next.
Posted By: dassa Re: Why Soccer Sucks - 06/22/14
If you didn't think it sucked before, the end of the U.S.- Portugal game will make you a believer.
Posted By: aalf Re: Why Soccer Sucks - 06/23/14

Man, what a f'ing let down......
Posted By: okok Re: Why Soccer Sucks - 06/23/14
C
H
O
K
E

L
O
L
Posted By: Deerwhacker444 Re: Why Soccer Sucks - 06/23/14
Haters can GFY...

I'll cheer for my home team, win, lose, or draw..
Posted By: ratsmacker Re: Why Soccer Sucks - 06/23/14
Not a big fan of ANY team sport. Individual endeavor and achievements, I can like and understand.
Posted By: 257heaven Re: Why Soccer Sucks - 06/23/14
Originally Posted by aalf

Man, what a f'ing let down......

I'll say! Wow. Just wow.
Posted By: 700LH Re: Why Soccer Sucks - 06/23/14
Draw?
WTF?
Lets not keep score then everyone wins.
Posted By: dassa Re: Why Soccer Sucks - 06/23/14
Originally Posted by ratsmacker
Not a big fan of ANY team sport. Individual endeavor and achievements, I can like and understand.

You would have loved today's game: the ref single handedly kept the game going just long enough to ensure no one won.
Posted By: dassa Re: Why Soccer Sucks - 06/23/14
Originally Posted by 700LH
Draw?
WTF?
Lets not keep score then everyone wins.

That's why liberals love the game. They don't have to pretend that no one wins. 90% of the games end up in a nil-nil tie.
Posted By: DIYguy Re: Why Soccer Sucks - 06/23/14
Soccer is for little kids whose mom's are to scart to let their children play a regular sport, or where the folks are so poor there may only be one ball in the village.

Hahahahaha Perfect. And true. Is that dumb contest over yet? grin
Posted By: ironbender Re: Why Soccer Sucks - 06/23/14

Ok fine, leave the number of players the same but let the players tackle each other so the guy with the ball can actually do something!
There's gotta be some way to make it exciting, one would think. Hockey and football allow hitting to open up room, whereas soccer doesn't allow any contact so everyone always seems to be in the way. I didn't watch enough of it to bother counting players.

Come watch HS girls soccer! The officials call almost nothing. Kids have left the game with broken bones and concussions.

I don't think you know what a tackle in soccer is? The game is so fast that it's hard to see all all the holding and shirt-grabbing.

That said, the best matches are sophisticated play and a skill game.

Enjoy the WC!
Posted By: 458 Lott Re: Why Soccer Sucks - 06/23/14
Anyone who thinks soccer doesn't allow contact has never watched a game. It's a very aggressive sport and the kids aren't all wrapped up in pads and a helmet. I've seen plenty of concussions on my son's high school and comp team. Broken bones aren't that uncommon.

If someone doesn't like the game, fine. But to disparage it because you don't understand it simply shows your ignorance. Well, this is the campfire wink

Posted By: ironbender Re: Why Soccer Sucks - 06/23/14
Originally Posted by 458 Lott

If someone doesn't like the game, fine. But to disparage it because you don't understand it simply shows your ignorance. Well, this is the campfire wink

I think most that are knocking futbol don't know the rules, understand the game, didn't play, didn't coach, and didn't officiate.

other than that it's all good!
Posted By: Seminole39 Re: Why Soccer Sucks - 06/23/14
I know a kid that told his dad he wanted to play soccer.
Dad's reply was 'Soccer is for queers and Mexicans. Which one are you?'

Said kid went on to get a full ride scholarship as a baseball pitcher and was eternally grateful for his wise father
Posted By: Redneck Re: Why Soccer Sucks - 06/23/14
Originally Posted by pira114

(snort).. HAH..

No, we don't watch it because there's REAL football in this country.. Soccer's a puzzy's game... And folks have been tryin' for DECADES to get soccer a foothold in the US and it just ain't gonna happen..

Most people here would rather watch sheep grow wool... I wouldn't watch soccer with YOUR eyes... (general 'your', not specific to poster)..

smile
Posted By: shrapnel Re: Why Soccer Sucks - 06/23/14
Originally Posted by Swift
More people watching the WC than all the major sports combined in the last year.

More people in the world eat rice than anything else, but I still like a Big Mac with large fries...
Posted By: pira114 Re: Why Soccer Sucks - 06/23/14
Originally Posted by Redneck

(snort).. HAH..

No, we don't watch it because there's REAL football in this country.. Soccer's a puzzy's game... And folks have been tryin' for DECADES to get soccer a foothold in the US and it just ain't gonna happen..

Most people here would rather watch sheep grow wool... I wouldn't watch soccer with YOUR eyes... (general 'your', not specific to poster)..

smile

Seriously, half the NFL couldn't keep up with the physical nature of soccer.

Football is played 5-8 seconds at a time with several minutes break.

Baseball is like watching dead flowers grow on TV.

I actually like all three. Football I love watching on TV. So I can do other things between plays, see replays etc. But more importantly, I can SEE the game. In person, you pay a crap load to not see anything and put up with idiot fans.

Baseball is the opposite. Great to watch at the park for the general vibe,food, and beer. The crowd can make a good game great. But on TV, I can't stay awake.

Soccer, for me, is great either way. Rarely does a crowd get that into supporting their team. Take the world cup. You'll see more patriotism in the crowd than in some cities on fourth of July.

My favorite sport? Rugby. It's got it all. Not one other sport in the world is more athletic, physical, or has more sportsmanship.

Least favorite? Golf. What group of tards decided this qualified as a sport? Golf is nothing more than an activity for guys who were mediocre at everything else.
Posted By: ltppowell Re: Why Soccer Sucks - 06/23/14

Right? I've tried watching it lately (because it's been on). Other than a few hot fans, there is NOTHING interesting about soccer.
Posted By: tex_n_cal Re: Why Soccer Sucks - 06/23/14
Posted By: JMR40 Re: Why Soccer Sucks - 06/23/14
Come watch HS girls soccer! The officials call almost nothing. Kids have left the game with broken bones and concussions.

I'm a retired teacher. I coached real football on the HS and Middle school level most of those 30 years. I believe it was during the 2000 year when our principle summoned me to his office. I was informed that the girls soccer coach had resigned and I was the new coach. I was the most qualified person in the school because my daughter was on the team and I had been driving the bus for them. No one else had even watched a full match. I ended up coaching the boys for one year.

The game its self has potential. The problem I found, especially with the boys was the whole soccer culture. At least in Georgia it attracts some really weird kids. Most of them could be decent athletes, but most are undisciplined and would not last 2 days on a football field.

We have 2 local colleges that have soccer teams. It is a Fall sport in most places, but so as not to compete with football is played in the Spring here. Most of our ref's were college kids just wanting a pay check. Officiating is bad here too.
Posted By: Deerwhacker444 Re: Why Soccer Sucks - 06/23/14

Soccor, for me, is great either way. Rarely does a crowd get that into supporting their team. Take the world cup. You'll see more patriotism in the crowd than in some cities on fourth of July.

Teddy Roosevelt was at the game last night...

[Linked Image]
Posted By: 700LH Re: Why Soccer Sucks - 06/23/14
Wun weetard wun, kic de ball, den wun som mo.
Posted By: pira114 Re: Why Soccer Sucks - 06/23/14
Wun weetard wun, kic de ball, den wun som mo.

Yup, as opposed to run weetard,now wait 15 minutes for the commercial break to end. Then review the play for 5 minutes because the coach didn't like the call, then replay the down. Repeat........ weetard.
Posted By: Pete E Re: Why Soccer Sucks - 06/23/14
Not a huge fan of soccer and don't follow any particular team, but I will say that the personal skill levels needed are far higher than most other team sports you see on TV.

From what I 've seen, the level of soccer played in the US is way behind Europe and Latin America. In fact in the UK, the US and Japan are seen as retirement places for players past their best, or for players who can't get into our Premier League.

Posted By: RDW Re: Why Soccer Sucks - 06/23/14
Soccer might be a decent sport to watch if men's soccer was eliminated and all we had was women's soccer, a lot of pussy on the field with no pussies crying foul...or, only allow the men to play against women and Hope Solo would make 'em all cry.
Posted By: AkMtnHntr Re: Why Soccer Sucks - 06/23/14
I only watch the World Cup, when the USA gets knocked out of the tournament, I stop watching soccer. I use to play the game in high school and you best be in shape to play, otherwise stick to bowling or baseball.
Posted By: ltppowell Re: Why Soccer Sucks - 06/24/14
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
I only watch the World Cup, when the USA gets knocked out of the tournament, I stop watching soccer. I use to play the game in high school and you best be in shape to play, otherwise stick to bowling or baseball.

My nephew was All-American. They are unbelievable athletes. Soccer still sucks ball sacks.
Posted By: ironbender Re: Why Soccer Sucks - 06/24/14
Originally Posted by Pete E
Not a huge fan of soccer and don't follow any particular team, but I will say that the personal skill levels needed are far higher than most other team sports you see on TV.

From what I 've seen, the level of soccer played in the US is way behind Europe and Latin America. In fact in the UK, the US and Japan are seen as retirement places for players past their best, or for players who can't get into our Premier League.

Beckham. smile
Originally Posted by ltppowell

My nephew was All-American. They are unbelievable athletes. Soccer still sucks ball sacks.

Nuh-uh.
Posted By: ltppowell Re: Why Soccer Sucks - 06/24/14
Okay...they're decent athletes. laugh
Posted By: eyeball Re: Why Soccer Sucks - 06/24/14
Ha. For sure it sucks. Now rugby, that's different.
Posted By: Redneck Re: Why Soccer Sucks - 06/24/14

(snort).. HAH..

smile

Well, that means that maybe 5% of soccer players could play in the NFL for a game without being carried off in an ambulance..

Buncha puzzies... They can run - but that's ALL they can do.. NBA players do that and tons more..

I repeat - soccer sucks like a black hole..
Posted By: DIYguy Re: Why Soccer Sucks - 06/24/14

(snort).. HAH..

smile

Well, that means that maybe 5% of soccer players could play in the NFL for a game without being carried off in an ambulance..

Buncha puzzies... They can run - but that's ALL they can do.. NBA players do that and tons more..

I repeat - soccer sucks like a black hole..

Agreed. It pretty fuggn dumb. When this contest is over everybody will go back to not caring about soccer again. Soccer Pffft. (as it should be) grin
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Why Soccer Sucks - 06/24/14
Originally Posted by ltppowell

Exactly.
Posted By: Pete E Re: Why Soccer Sucks - 06/24/14
Originally Posted by Pete E

Beckham. smile

I rest my case! :-)
Posted By: Sharpsman Re: Why Soccer Sucks - 06/24/14
That schitt arrived about the same time the Beatles showed up and they should have been 'hung' soon after stepping off the airplane!!
Posted By: SuperCub Re: Why Soccer Sucks - 06/24/14
Originally Posted by tzone

Because ice don't grow in warm places.
Posted By: RoninPhx Re: Why Soccer Sucks - 06/24/14
Let me see, football
350 pound lowland gorilla's dressed in full body armor run into each other like big pieces of meat, and grunt.
Most probably have an I.Q. of 70. Act like it too off field.
Where soccer is played almost continuously with few time outs, constandt running, and constant strategy on the fly. You wouldn't have to worry about a soccer player in a nfl game, nobody in the nfl could catch them. The averagle nfl player would be passed out in the first 15minutes of a soccer game.
Posted By: centershot Re: Why Soccer Sucks - 06/24/14
Because the CWS is on!
Posted By: Deerwhacker444 Re: Why Soccer Sucks - 06/24/14
For those that are on the fence...

There's a good game today @ 11:00 on one of the ESPN's

Italy vs Uruguay.

2 Soccer powerhouses - Loser goes home.

Should be a good match...
Posted By: centershot Re: Why Soccer Sucks - 06/24/14
Originally Posted by SuperCub
[quote=tzone]Do you know why so many people play soccer?

Because they can't hit a curve ball.
Posted By: slg888 Re: Why Soccer Sucks - 06/24/14
laugh True!
Posted By: Slidellkid Re: Why Soccer Sucks - 06/24/14
Soccer sucks because there is SEC football!
Posted By: Oldelkhunter Re: Why Soccer Sucks - 06/24/14
Originally Posted by Bearcat74

Soccer is 89.5 minutes of boredom and .5 minutes of excitement. I would rather watch icicles melt.

To be a major league baseball player is no laughing matter. THe skillset, hand/eye coordination and physical attributes is off the charts, thats why they pay those salaries.
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

To be a major league baseball player is no laughing matter. THe skillset, hand/eye coordination and physical attributes is off the charts, thats why they pay those salaries.

Yeah,..none of those skills exist in Soccer do they?

Funny,..the same bunch that call Soccer boring will sit in a 18"x18" deer stand hanging from the side of a tree and watch a squirrel and a woodpecker for 10 hrs..
Posted By: Seminole39 Re: Why Soccer Sucks - 06/24/14
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
Funny,..the same bunch that call Soccer boring will sit in a 18"x18" deer stand hanging from the side of a tree and watch a squirrel and a woodpecker for 10 hrs..
sounds more enjoyable than watching a truckload of wetbacks run around on a lawn chasing a ball
Posted By: Seminole39 Re: Why Soccer Sucks - 06/24/14
Originally Posted by centershot
Originally Posted by SuperCub

Because they can't hit a curve ball.
^this
Posted By: WillARights Re: Why Soccer Sucks - 06/24/14
Soccer stinks for various reasons:

No scoring
Field is monstrously huge
Halting, tripping, stumbling to play it. No flow

And anything you cant play with your hands/arms is undeveloped. Advanced development requires the use of of your arms, hands, and eyes.

Soccer just blows.

The Mayans should have kept it as a blood ritual game of sacrifice. So no one would play it.

Yeah,..none of those skills exist in Soccer do they?

Soccer players pitch and catch balls ? Soccer players can throw a fastball close to 100 mph multiple times during a game into a very very small window ? I did not know that. I know you would rather watch guys fall on the ground faking injuries, who have only a first name and play a wuss sport.

No it can't come close to hunting. 18x18 inch stand , man that is a small stand ?? All contests a winner emerges except in [bleep] politically correct soccer where we have a draw.

We wouldn';t want an outright winner would we ?[/b]
Posted By: 458 Lott Re: Why Soccer Sucks - 06/24/14
I consider watching any professional sport boring, I'd much rather be participating in a sport than sitting on my azz watching someone else play.

But to say there is no skill in the game simply shows ignorance.

To me the interesting part of the sport is that a good player has to simultaneously keep track of his fellow players on the field and make the split second decision of who to pass to or whether or not to shoot while running full speed.

Soccer players pitch and catch balls ? Soccer players can throw a fastball close to 100 mph multiple times during a game into a very very small window ? I did not know that. I know you would rather watch guys fall on the ground faking injuries, who have only a first name and play a wuss sport.

No it can't come close to hunting. 18x18 inch stand , man that is a small stand ?? All contests a winner emerges except in [bleep] politically correct soccer where we have a draw.

Soccer players could run most Baseball players into the ground as far as athleticism is concerned.

My dog can catch a ball and bring it back, guess he should be a MLB player too.?

You don't even understand the scoring. A draw in World Cup at this stage gets you points.

Why don't you type in even BIGGER BOLDER letters next time...

Soccer players could run most Baseball players into the ground as far as athleticism is concerned.

Probably so but that is all Soccer players do is run and run and run and fall to the ground pretending their injured and then occasionall kick or head a ball into the goal. Yeah that skillset is not matched by any other sport

My dog can catch a ball and bring it back, guess he should be a MLB player too.?

[b]Yeah if your dog can catch a pitch thrown at close to 100 mph he should be a baseball catcher, but he can't nor can a soccer player catch a ball that fast or swing a bat at a ball thrown at 100 mph and hit it with MLB averages [/b]

You don't even understand the scoring. A draw in World Cup at this stage gets you points.

Oh I know everything about soccer played it and grew up around it , you see I was born in a country that won the World Cup so Soccer was everywhere . I like winners and losers in games

Why don't you type in even BIGGER BOLDER letters next time...

Why don't you go [bleep] yourself ?

[Linked Image]

Probably so but that is all Soccer players do is run and run and run and fall to the ground pretending their injured and then occasionall kick or head a ball into the goal. Yeah that skillset is not matched by any other sport

I get it now. You have no understanding of the game.

smile

I get it now. You have no understanding of the game.

smile

Because faking an injury is so manly.

Interesting read on your beloved sport

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...layers-faking-injury-is-killing-the-game
It's called 'selling the foul', but it's never done in the NFL and NBA, and ump calls are never wrongly argued in MLB. LOL... smile

I'm not justifying the sale, but it happens in ALL sports.

To try to make it unique to soccer only indicates not knowing the game.

[Linked Image]

That is your approximate age and remove about 100 IQ points
I know of NO soccer fan that condones the 'fake injury'.
It's called 'selling the foul', but it's never done in the NFL and NBA, and ump calls are never wrongly argued in MLB. LOL... smile

I'm not justifying the sale, but it happens in ALL sports.

To try to make it unique to soccer only indicates not knowing the game.

Not unique to soccer and has not reached that level in other sports YET. Granted watching up tempo football offenses and seeing defensive players gasping and faking injuries is not pretty either.

I have no other interest in sports these days except Hunting,Football,Track,Olympic sports. I have long been bored with baseball, badminton,cricket,soccer,ice curling etc etc etc grin
I know of NO soccer fan that condones the 'fake injury'.

Yet it continues non stop ...US vs Portugal GMAFB
email FIFA.

If it creates a stoppage it's a strategy.

As an aside, during the game Sun (USA/Port) I noticed the CR mark an arc where the ball was placed for a direct kick to prevent the kicker from rolling the ball - which is not uncommon.

Strategy.

Oh I know everything about soccer played it and grew up around it , you see I was born in a country that won the World Cup so Soccer was everywhere .

Everything? smile

What country? Just curious.
I have no other interest in games these days except Hunting,Football,Track,Olympic sports. I have long been bored with baseball, badminton,cricket,soccer,ice curling etc etc etc grin

I Corrected it for you. Activities played with a ball, puck, quaffel, snitch, ect are �games� (re. baseball �Game, Soccer �game�, football �game�, golf game, etc)

Sports are activities like hunting, trapping, fishing and are not games. They are sports.

I stopped watching TV 9 � years ago as it holds zero value to me. Even back in the day I didn�t care to watch any organized team games. There was always doing to be enjoyed. I don�t how its possible but soccer on TV makes TV worth even less. grin

Soccer���� Pffft. As boring as nascar and fake wresting but with slightly more drama. Just saying grin

Im sure the soccer fans will disagree. I wont care. grin

Oh I know everything about soccer played it and grew up around it , you see I was born in a country that won the World Cup so Soccer was everywhere .

Everything? smile

It has multiple US bases and it was almost nuked during the cold war. It was favored in the WC and I have half my family mourning the loss . Hints
Originally Posted by DIYguy
I have no other interest in games these days except Hunting,Football,Track,Olympic sports. I have long been bored with baseball, badminton,cricket,soccer,ice curling etc etc etc grin

I Corrected it for you. Activities played with a ball, puck, quaffel, snitch, ect are �games� (re. baseball �Game, Soccer �game�, football �game�, golf game, etc)

Sports are activities like hunting, trapping, fishing and are not games. They are sports.

I stopped watching TV 9 � years ago as it holds zero value to me. Even back in the day I didn�t care to watch any organized team games. There was always doing to be enjoyed. I don�t how its possible but soccer on TV makes TV worth even less. grin

Soccer���� Pffft. As boring as nascar and fake wresting but with slightly more drama. Just saying grin

Im sure the soccer fans will disagree. I wont care. grin

Games ...Passtimes.. Sports same thing to me

Everything? smile

Is BullScheitistan a Country.?

Everything? smile

Is that where you come from Punk? Continue on with your Vagina monologues.

Except that some are worthwhile and cool and others suck azz and are dumb but 6 of one. grin

Except that some are worthwhile and cool and others suck azz and are dumb but 6 of one. grin

Total agreement

While I agree with oldelkhunter on the subject. I laughed at this. Well played. grin
Posted By: poboy Re: Why Soccer Sucks - 06/24/14
I'll go two marks - nello.
Posted By: akpls Re: Why Soccer Sucks - 06/24/14

Everything? smile

It has multiple US bases and it was almost nuked during the cold war......
Let's see...Bragg, Lejuene, Cherry Point, Pope, etc....and this: http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/12/us/north-carolina-nuclear-bomb-drop/. Yup...it's NC! grin
Originally Posted by akpls

Everything? smile

It has multiple US bases and it was almost nuked during the cold war......
Let's see...Bragg, Lejuene, Cherry Point, Pope, etc....and this: http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/12/us/north-carolina-nuclear-bomb-drop/. Yup...it's NC! grin

We don't qualify as a foreign country yet ..just give it time though. In Major WC news today Suarez bit an opponents ear. Now that is manly
Posted By: 257heaven Re: Why Soccer Sucks - 06/24/14

Italy vs Uruguay.

Wow. That really was good! I went to lunch and two games were on.......Italy/Uraguay and England/Costa Rica. One went 95min 59 seconds and the other went 93 minutes. So a total of 3 hours and almost 9 minutes and only 1 goal was scored in total! That was f'in exciting. I could hardly keep up. And some Uraguay jackazz apparently always bites opponents and gets away with it. What a manly sport!

I'd watch Tyson bite off Holyfield's ear 1000 times more before I'd watch another homo soccer player bite another soccer player's shoulder and flop like he took an elbow to the face....but really didn't. What a bunch of schitt!

So,..you want a Kleenex to wipe away your tears or what.?

Kinda reminded you of a Dallas Cowboy game didn't it.?

Originally Posted by 257heaven

Italy vs Uruguay.

Wow. That really was good! I went to lunch and two games were on.......Italy/Uraguay and England/Costa Rica. One went 95min 59 seconds and the other went 93 minutes. So a total of 3 hours and almost 9 minutes and only 1 goal was scored in total! That was f'in exciting. I could hardly keep up. And some Uraguay jackazz apparently always bites opponents and gets away with it. What a manly sport!

I'd watch Tyson bite off Holyfield's ear 1000 times more before I'd watch another homo soccer player bit another soccer player's shoulder and flop like he took an elbow to the face....but really didn't. What a bunch of schitt!

So, you don't understand the game either. smile
Posted By: SuperCub Re: Why Soccer Sucks - 06/24/14
Originally Posted by Seminole39
I know a kid that told his dad he wanted to play soccer.
Dad's reply was 'Soccer is for queers and Mexicans. Which one are you?

Originally Posted by Seminole39
sounds more enjoyable than watching a truckload of wetbacks run around on a lawn chasing a ball

Wow!
Posted By: Oldelkhunter Re: Why Soccer Sucks - 06/25/14

Italy vs Uruguay.

I'd watch Tyson bite off Holyfield's ear 1000 times more before I'd watch another homo soccer player bit another soccer player's shoulder and flop like he took an elbow to the face....but really didn't. What a bunch of schitt!

So, you don't understand the game either. smile

Didn't hear back from you did you attempt to guess? WWF in a soccer uniform priceless.
Posted By: akpls Re: Why Soccer Sucks - 06/25/14

Italy vs Uruguay.

Wow. That really was good! I went to lunch and two games were on.......Italy/Uraguay and England/Costa Rica. One went 95min 59 seconds and the other went 93 minutes. So a total of 3 hours and almost 9 minutes and only 1 goal was scored in total! That was f'in exciting. I could hardly keep up.
If you think it's so easy to score why don't you give it a try?
Posted By: ironbender Re: Why Soccer Sucks - 06/25/14
Not playing guessing games.

Tell us or don't.
Posted By: 257heaven Re: Why Soccer Sucks - 06/25/14
Originally Posted by akpls

Italy vs Uruguay.

Wow. That really was good! I went to lunch and two games were on.......Italy/Uraguay and England/Costa Rica. One went 95min 59 seconds and the other went 93 minutes. So a total of 3 hours and almost 9 minutes and only 1 goal was scored in total! That was f'in exciting. I could hardly keep up.
If you think it's so easy to score why don't you give it a try?

Don't be offended. Watch it all you want. I guess this comment and a couple of others is why soccer fans kill each other. I just don't see it. Excuse me all over the place!
Posted By: DIYguy Re: Why Soccer Sucks - 06/25/14
3 hours and almost 9 minutes and only 1 goal was scored in total! That was f'in exciting. I could hardly keep up. And some Uraguay jackazz apparently always bites opponents and gets away with it. What a manly sport!

I'd watch Tyson bite off Holyfield's ear 1000 times more before I'd watch another homo soccer player bite another soccer player's shoulder and flop like he took an elbow to the face....but really didn't. What a bunch of schitt!

Thats pretty much the universal sentiment around here. Lame. Far more boring than nascar and WWE wresting with slightly more drama.

The 2 or 3 fans of this stupid game here will be offended. I wont care. grin
Posted By: dassa Re: Why Soccer Sucks - 06/25/14

Italy vs Uruguay.

Yeah- awesome game. One- nil. One dude bit another. But at least someone scored. Once.
Today on the radio they said the US-Portugal have was the most watched ever in the US. 24.7 million viewers. Hell, not even all the illegals watched it.
Another reason soccer is pretty gay and cant be taken seriously. (aside from the already long and obvious list of reasons)grin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLyDbsBWQSI

The two soccer fans here will be upset by this.

I wont care. Its freaking soccer. Pffft.
Posted By: 2legit2quit Re: Why Soccer Sucks - 06/25/14
whether one has an appreciation for good whiskey

or good sport

is no matter to me

I don't take offense at your lack of taste on things I enjoy

what most of us find offensive about you, isn't what you like or dislike

just what a douche bag you are

I wont care. grin
Tomorrow USA plays Germany. I hope the US team can maintain their awesome performance.

I'll be watching! Any other Americans planning to watch?

Or whine? smile
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
whether one has an appreciation for good whiskey

or good sport

is no matter to me

I don't take offense at your lack of taste on things I enjoy

what most of us find offensive about you, isn't what you like or dislike

just what a douche bag you are

BOOM!!!

smile
Posted By: Deerwhacker444 Re: Why Soccer Sucks - 06/25/14
Tomorrow USA plays Germany. I hope the US team can maintain their awesome performance.

Or whine? smile

Sure, I'll be watching...

If the U.S. doesn't beat Germany outright, here's how they will or won't advance in the tournament....

[Linked Image]
I'm gonna watch. I have a bet on the over-under. It's at zero goals scored. I took the under.
Posted By: ironbender Re: Why Soccer Sucks - 06/26/14
Wow!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: OrangeOkie Re: Why Soccer Sucks - 06/26/14

Or whine? smile

Employers prepare for World Cup slowdown

Today's big match to be played in middle of workday

Adam Kemp
PUBLISHED: JUNE 26, 2014
The Oklahoman

[Linked Image]
Fans of the U.S. national soccer team gather to cheer before the Group G World Cup match between the United
States and Portugal on Copacabana Beach in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. AP Photo Leo Correa

OKLAHOMA CITY - Dressed in team colors, with temporary tattoos
of the U.S. soccer crest adorning her cheek and forearm, Raley
Bennett sat through a blizzard to watch the U.S. men's soccer
team play a qualifying match in Denver in March 2013.

Bennett, 28, of Edmond, followed that up with trips to Kansas
City and Columbus, Ohio, to watch her favorite boys in red,
white and blue clinch a World Cup berth.

So today, there's no way she's going to let a little thing like
her job get in the way of watching when the American team
takes to the pitch for their next big game.

An estimated 40 million U.S. television viewers tuned in for
the United States' first two World Cup matches against Ghana
and Portugal, and excitement is high for today's match against
Germany; the possibility to advance to the next round of
soccer's premiere tournament is on the line.

But an 11 a.m. start time has some soccer fans adjusting their
work schedules, making up excuses or downright lying to make
sure they are out of the office, in some cases swapping a suit
and tie for a jersey and face paint.

�I will be off for every single match,� said Bennett, who does
social work for a private company and can set her own hours.
�Guaranteed. I wouldn't miss it for anything.�

Projections are that today's two-hour �break� during the
workday to watch the game will cost employers nationwide about
$390 million in lost wages, according to Challenger, Gray &
Christmas Inc., a Chicago-based employment consulting firm. By
comparison, the NCAA basketball tournament, which runs over
several days, costs American businesses about $1.2 billion. In
reality, there's probably very little employers can do to make
soccer fans focus on their work, said company CEO John
Challenger.

�Prepare for the fact that many workers could be taking an
extended lunch on Thursday,� Challenger said. �Other employers
will probably notice a significant drop off in Internet
speeds, as bandwidth is consumed by multi-tasking employees
attempting to get work done while streaming the game at their
desks.�

In the Oklahoma City metro, the match is expected to cost
employers about $2.3 million in lost wages, according to a
chamber of commerce official.

While the drop in productivity might worry some employers,
others are embracing the once-every-four-year tournament.

Reese Travis, chief executive officer for Orange Leaf Frozen
Yogurt, said the 52 employees at company headquarters, located
just off of May Avenue and Memorial Road, will be able to
watch the match and cheer on the United States in a party
atmosphere . Food will be catered and big screens television
brought in.

�It was a no-brainer for us,� said Travis, adding that one of
the company's principles is laugh loud, hard and often.

�If we have a huge event like this that brings everyone
together, where we can have lunch and high-five and build
camaraderie instead of making a buck, then we are all for it,�
he said.

Valir Health Care and Rehabilitation in downtown Oklahoma City
plans to tune all of their televisions to ESPN and tell
employees to watch as their schedule permits.

At Soccer USA, near May Avenue and Hefner Road, owner Oscar
Ghanbari and his two employees will be watching. Having the
game on won't hamper his employees, he said.

�They will stop and help any customer that comes in and then
they can go right back to watching the match,� Ghanbari said.
�Usually the customer will stop and watch right along with us.
The interest this year has been incredible.�

Joe Gutierrez, who owns Medio Tiempo, a southside bar that has
enjoyed standing room crowds during several recent World Cup
games, said he doesn't know what excuses his customers use to
get out of going to work. He doesn't care. All he knows is
that he's gearing up for a huge day.

�I've had to double the staff for the bigger day games,� he
said. �I'm not sure how they all get off work, but they are
here.�

'An important cause'

For those caught in a bind, seemingly unable to shake free from
work, the national team's coach, Jurgen Klinsmann, was kind
enough to provide a form letter to submit to the boss seeking
to have the absence excused.

�I can assure you it is for an important cause,� Klinsmann
writes. �We will need the full support of the nation if we are
to advance. By the way, you should act like a good leader and
take the day off as well Go USA.�

Not every employer is caught up in cup fever.

Several Oklahoma City companies said they don't plan to allow
employees to watch the match during work hours. Others said
they don't have the capability to show the game.

�We would be but we don't have the channels,� Teemco marketing
director Beau Bohanan said. �I wish we could. I think it could
be a fun thing to do together.�

Oklahoma City Mayor Mick Cornett sides with businesses who want
their employees concentrating on the task at hand, not
watching soccer.

�You are at work to work,� Cornett said. �That's what DVR is
for.�

But Eric Long, economic researcher with the Greater Oklahoma
City Chamber of Commerce, said he thinks there could be long-
term advantages in Oklahoma City's growing love of soccer.

He said the lost productivity numbers don't take into account
an employee's ability to work and watch at the same time.

Plus, a lot of employees will work extra hours to make up for
those spent watching the game.

Also, the increased interest in the World Cup might spur more
passion for Oklahoma City's new professional soccer team,
Energy FC.

�In the long run, I think the benefits outweigh the cost,� Long
said. �Every four years, we all become more of a soccer fan.
Growing passions are good for all.�
Go Vandy! Go SEC!

[Linked Image]
I don't think soccer sucks, but then I have played it and understand it... it is demanding and requires skill even if you don't score much. I guess if you have to explain it, they will never understand. You can have a game with no goals scored and be very intense? what high scoring games, there's other sports with instant gratification, for those with short attention spans.

There's plenty of other sports I don't understand or enjoy, but recognize they can be demanding in one way or the other.
People not knowing about something equals the questions I sometimes get
Sooo, skeet must be easy right, I mean you shoot a lot of pellets right???

Yep, a lot of pellets at a small orange saucer going 50+mph, can you shoot the incoming one too, here try it.
Rifle shooting - piece of cake, I mean we have scopes and stuff right???
I think shooting sucks, you sit on a bench, and the target doesn't shoot back, hence shooting is not a sport...
(insert sarcasm face here)

Everybody can take the day off to go watch.

[Linked Image]
Oh, and girls can play too.

[video:youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=oX7tQgOsUoo[/video]
Posted By: Deerwhacker444 Re: Why Soccer Sucks - 06/26/14
So far, so good...

eek
USA moves out of the group of death!

Sweet 16, baby!!!
Posted By: Deerwhacker444 Re: Why Soccer Sucks - 06/26/14
Supposed to get Belgium, I think.

After a good rest, Belgium should be do-able...
Posted By: OrangeOkie Re: Why Soccer Sucks - 06/26/14
Anyone who watched #2 (world ranking) Germany defeat #13 USA can see how wide the gap is between the soccer in America and the best of the European teams. We simply do not have the youth programs with proper coaching to teach individual ball possession skills such as dribbling, feinting, passing. It is so frustrating to see our guys work for 10 minutes to finally gain possession then panic under any defensive pressure and give it right back within five seconds.
© 24hourcampfire