Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Would it help if a Leopard-print thong and a .270 were the prizes? grin

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
That would make it worse�

If it were played by women in leopard thongs�.. whistle

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I don't have a problem with kickball, it's just not my thing. I have a problem with the people telling me I should like kickball.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it's natural manure. - Thomas Jefferson
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If Bevis and Butt-Head say "Soccer Sucks", good nuff for me.

The reason I think it suck is because over half the games are ties. I know the appeal is for folks who are non sports fans, they can put it on in the background, talk about liberal agendas, and not miss much.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ingwe

And *just* thongs. With all that running around, my eyes would be moving in several directions at once...

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Still trying to figure out why I should give a schitt about a bunch of grown men playing with a ball 10,000 miles away.

National Pride.!

If we beat Portugal today, we move on to the group of 16..

Being one of 16 nations at the Top is a pretty nice achievement considering our nation is dominated by Football.

5:00 on ESPN.!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Originally Posted by P_Weed

If God had wanted man to play soccer,
He wouldn't have given us arms.

- Mike Ditka
If God intended man to play football, he would have given us plastic heads.
rock chuck is on it here lately, the Bible stuff too- put to the hammer to them heathens

+1

laugh

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Vic_in_Va
Would it help if a Leopard-print thong and a .270 were the prizes? grin

Maybe the thong, but in most countries were soccer is played and popular, a 270 or any sort of gun would be illegal to own let along shoot it!

"Any idiot can face a crisis,it's the day-to-day living that wears you out."

Anton Chekhov

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E

You would've passed out 2 minutes after the game started.

Me,on the other hand,I would've lasted 3 minutes into the game. laugh

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by KR13
I don't have a problem with kickball, it's just not my thing. I have a problem with the people telling me I should like kickball.

One of the best of Michael Berry's rants on ""Kickball"! He's got ol' Karl spun up like a top. TFF

"The Bigger the Government, the Smaller the Citizen" - Dennis Prager LINK

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Any sport where a 3-1 score is a blow out loses my attention.

Mike

Know fat, know flavor. No fat, no flavor.

I tried going vegan, but then realized it was a big missed steak.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Bearcat74
I played 14yrs worth of soccer, it's a rough game but watching the "pros" flop when someone breathes on them pisses me off. I also played football OL/DL and while soccer would never rank as highly in my opinion as football it is certainly a real sport.

A truly schitty sport is baseball. Nothing like 1 guy throwing, 1 guy swinging and 30 more guys watching those 2. There is a lot of strategy in baseball too. Hit it here so these guys might not catch it, lol.

Flopping is one of the most often stated reasons Americans don't watch soccer.

The MLS has been trying to do something about it via the refs. It's working. The sport fan base in America is growing.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Probably at the same rate as the illegal alien base is growing.

X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
I've attempted to watch it a little,just to see what all the hype is about. From what I see they need to take about half the people off the field, give them some room to move. I guess it depends on what your used to. If your used to watching soccer it probably seems exciting. If your Canadian and grew up watching and playing hockey, it seems ridiculously slow paced and boring.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by xxclaro
I've attempted to watch it a little,just to see what all the hype is about. From what I see they need to take about half the people off the field, give them some room to move. I guess it depends on what your used to. If your used to watching soccer it probably seems exciting. If your Canadian and grew up watching and playing hockey, it seems ridiculously slow paced and boring.

crazy Same number of players as (American) football and a bigger field.

Less than 2X the number of players as hockey and a field about 10X the size.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it's natural manure. - Thomas Jefferson
X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by xxclaro

crazy Same number of players as (American) football and a bigger field.

Less than 2X the number of players as hockey and a field about 10X the size.

Ok fine, leave the number of players the same but let the players tackle each other so the guy with the ball can actually do something!
There's gotta be some way to make it exciting, one would think. Hockey and football allow hitting to open up room, whereas soccer doesn't allow any contact so everyone always seems to be in the way. I didn't watch enough of it to bother counting players.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well I for one find the theatrics of the majority of soccer players right up there with tennis players. Now as for as how the US can't compete with the rest of the world in soccer, it's very simple. If all these other third world countries had real professional sports available to all the great athlete like the US does then they too would be fielding a team of all the guys that couldn't cut it in real sports. Even with that the US soccer team is not a free-be. Just imagine though if all the great American athletes only played soccer opposed to football,baseball,hockey and whatever, they would dominate so bad no other country would let us play.

Help keep our sport going. take a kid outdoors!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Crap! Never been a soccer fan and my 11-yr old son has never played organized soccer. He plays baseball and basketball and football. But he bought a USA soccer ball at Academy last night after he destroyed a cheap $5 Franklin ball after about a week in the backyard. And now we have to watch the USA/Portugal matchup. I'm very afraid that he's gonna get me hooked! Next thang, I'll be trying to get him to teach me the stupid stupid rules.

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Constant movement and having to think on the fly is just too much for some here to handle. The keyboard athletes need a game where they have to stop and think about what they're gonna do next.

The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

76 members (AKislander, 300_savage, 69sportfury, 17CalFan, Alan_C, 8 invisible), 1,558 guests, and 896 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,573
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.