Home
WTF?

Welcome to the "New Normal".

Burger King sells gay pride Whopper

[Linked Image]

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money...er-parade-fast-food-gay-rights/11903861/

Burger King has concocted yet another way to have it your way: a gay pride burger.

The Proud Whopper, as it's called, comes wrapped in a rainbow colored wrapper with this inscription: "We are all the same inside." It will be sold through Thursday at one Burger King restaurant on San Francisco's Market Street, that was at the heart of the route for last weekend's 44th annual San Francisco Pride Celebration & Parade.

Burger King on Wednesday morning at 8 a.m. EST plans to post a two-minute video about the Proud Whopper on its YouTube channel.

"It showcases who we are as a brand," says Fernando Machado, senior vice president of global brand management at Burger King. "It shows how we, as a brand, believe in self-expression."

The inspiration behind the unusual burger wrap and video, he says, is Burger King's localized efforts to put into motion actions that support its recently-tweaked slogan: "Be Your Way."

The move also demonstrates BK's desire to stay connected to its base of Millennial customers. Gay rights is an issue that reverberates strongly with many Millennials both inside and outside the U.S. Burger King also was a sponsor of San Francisco's gay pride parade. Machado says that's the first time Burger King has sponsored a gay pride parade in the U.S., though it may have sponsored some outside the country.

The downtown San Francisco Burger King sold "Proud Whoppers" last weekend, during the parade and also passed out some 50,000 rainbow Burger King crowns, that were worn by parade participants and spectators. The video, created by the Miami office of Burger King's ad agency David, captures customers discussing whether or not the burger, itself, is different. At $4.29 it costs the same as a conventional Whopper. And, indeed, customers ultimately discover the only difference is the rainbow wrap.

All Proud Whopper sandwich sales, Machado says, will be donated to the Burger King McLamore Foundation for scholarships benefiting LGBT high school seniors graduating in spring 2015.

One gay rights activist says BK is doing the right thing. "Whenever a company comes out in support of gay people, it makes a difference," says Jordan Bach, a consultant to corporations on gay rights issues and a GLAAD media partner. "But when it's done right�when it's done with a campaign that shows the company understands diversity and really believes in the profound acceptance of other people�that sort of marketing can change minds and hearts at the deepest level."

For the moment, Burger King has no plans to broaden the promotion, Machado says, but notes, "we may consider something even bigger later on."

As for the wrappers, he says, they've already become collectibles. "Customers were folding the wrappers and taking them home with them," he says. Pretty soon, he says, they'll probably show up on eBay.

"You want F-a-g Fries wit dat?" I omitted the (bleep).
Shouldn't it be a hot dog rather than a burger?
Yeah, just the name " Proud Whopper" could be misleading�.

If this is the " New Normal" why doesn't the wrapper say " Normal Whopper"?
I'm glad to know this.

I won't be dining at their establishment again. Ever.
It has a Special sauce .
Next thing you know they will be selling a "Soccer whopper" in the same wrapper. Gay. grin
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
I'm glad to know this.

Yup.
Unphuckinbelieveable.

What's next?

Gay happy meals with a toy?

What kind of toy?
Originally Posted by fish head
Unphuckinbelieveable.

What's next?

Choking hazard!
Unphuckinbelieveable.

What's next?

Don't think for a second that gays are not indoctrinating our kids. They have been for awhile.
Is it just me or, from the entire burger king menu, their supporting item is "the whopper", "the proud whopper"?
Sounds kinda ....well I guess so.
I'm glad to know this.

Never ate there to begin with, so I don't think my absence will be sinking their ship.
I'm glad to know this.

First time was '71. Second (and LAST) time I was at a BK was '83... It will STILL be the last time, this notwithstanding..
The "king" has been leaning this direction for a long time.
Think back on the commercials over the years...
He has been shown peeping into a guys windows, watching a guy in the shower and even crawling in bed with a dude in one commercial.
Surely I'm not the only one that noticed the weird schit in them.
glad you posted this, I will never darken their door again.
I buy my underwear at Burger King. It is the home of the Whopper you know!!!
Originally Posted by tndrbstr
The "king" has been leaning this direction for a long time.
Think back on the commercials over the years...
He has been shown peeping into a guys windows, watching a guy in the shower and even crawling in bed with a dude in one commercial.
Surely I'm not the only one that noticed the weird schit in them.

That plastic fugger is weird in ANYTHING he does.
Well now, the businesses I used to support list is certainly growing this year.

First all the beer businesses including sam adams that felt it was necessary to put themselves in the queer battle by boycotting st patties parade or what ever it was they did to show their gay pride on st patties day.

Now BK.

Chick-fil-A just got a little bit stronger yet in my book.

Thank goodness they don't advertise McD's "special sauce" sick !!!!

Whatever... They're just trying to sell da meat eh? What better market could they find?
To bad Chick-Fil-A don't sell hamburgers, I hate chicken.
Someone should suggest to them that if they really want to exhibit support for diversity they could honor another maligned group: gun owners. "Introducing the High-Cap Whopper, for folks of a higher caliber."
Has someone made a "Where's the Beef?" joke yet?
Here's the matching dessert:

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by ingwe
What kind of toy?

eek
As a side note, a gay friend of my wife went to SF to visit a friend during pride week. He told her he was never so disgusted in his life.

He said that F a g s are everywhere showing their asses, junk etc. How does that help anything, he said show your pride not your privates.
Can we order the new burgers at the Drive Thru, ,or are they only available through the "Back Door"... grin
I think I have had my last Burger King...
Originally Posted by RufusG
Shouldn't it be a hot dog rather than a burger?

Here ya go...
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by northern_dave

First all the beer businesses including sam adams that felt it was necessary to put themselves in the queer battle by boycotting st patties parade or what ever it was they did to show their gay pride on st patties day.

Now BK.

What on earth are ya gonna do if Grain Belt beer sponsors the 'Gay Pride' festival in Murderapolis???

(Ooooooh, the HORRORS)

laugh laugh
If that is true it is the last time I will ever eat at BQ again. It make me want to vomit just thinking about it, notwithstanding all the [bleep] who will want to work their and infect the food with HIV.
Originally Posted by northern_dave

Now BK.

Yep, I'm gonna go get myself some hate chicken tonite. YUMMM!
Originally Posted by Salmonella
WTF?

Welcome to the "New Normal".

Burger King sells gay pride Whopper

[Linked Image]

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money...er-parade-fast-food-gay-rights/11903861/

Burger King has concocted yet another way to have it your way: a gay pride burger.

The Proud Whopper, as it's called, comes wrapped in a rainbow colored wrapper with this inscription: "We are all the same inside." It will be sold through Thursday at one Burger King restaurant on San Francisco's Market Street, that was at the heart of the route for last weekend's 44th annual San Francisco Pride Celebration & Parade.

Burger King on Wednesday morning at 8 a.m. EST plans to post a two-minute video about the Proud Whopper on its YouTube channel.

"It showcases who we are as a brand," says Fernando Machado, senior vice president of global brand management at Burger King. "It shows how we, as a brand, believe in self-expression."

The inspiration behind the unusual burger wrap and video, he says, is Burger King's localized efforts to put into motion actions that support its recently-tweaked slogan: "Be Your Way."

The move also demonstrates BK's desire to stay connected to its base of Millennial customers. Gay rights is an issue that reverberates strongly with many Millennials both inside and outside the U.S. Burger King also was a sponsor of San Francisco's gay pride parade. Machado says that's the first time Burger King has sponsored a gay pride parade in the U.S., though it may have sponsored some outside the country.

The downtown San Francisco Burger King sold "Proud Whoppers" last weekend, during the parade and also passed out some 50,000 rainbow Burger King crowns, that were worn by parade participants and spectators. The video, created by the Miami office of Burger King's ad agency David, captures customers discussing whether or not the burger, itself, is different. At $4.29 it costs the same as a conventional Whopper. And, indeed, customers ultimately discover the only difference is the rainbow wrap.

All Proud Whopper sandwich sales, Machado says, will be donated to the Burger King McLamore Foundation for scholarships benefiting LGBT high school seniors graduating in spring 2015.

One gay rights activist says BK is doing the right thing. "Whenever a company comes out in support of gay people, it makes a difference," says Jordan Bach, a consultant to corporations on gay rights issues and a GLAAD media partner. "But when it's done right�when it's done with a campaign that shows the company understands diversity and really believes in the profound acceptance of other people�that sort of marketing can change minds and hearts at the deepest level."

For the moment, Burger King has no plans to broaden the promotion, Machado says, but notes, "we may consider something even bigger later on."

As for the wrappers, he says, they've already become collectibles. "Customers were folding the wrappers and taking them home with them," he says. Pretty soon, he says, they'll probably show up on eBay.

That's gay
Originally Posted by ingwe
What kind of toy?

This one is a no brainer. IT will be a soccer ball. grin
Why NOT a [bleep] SPECIAL??
F-a-ggotry is infecting everything.
F'n retarded, gay pride, bet it has special sauce. flippin [bleep].
Special cut:

100% Ground Brown........Eye
I can't wait to see the new ad featuring the Burger King and the Turd Burglar
Just the wrapper may be enough to make a normal person ill - let alone what may be inside.
doesn't that make it burger queen?
Perfect for a meat between 2 buns sandwich.
Pretty sad.
I dont understand the overt display of solidarity.

Did BK not sell food to the gays before? Was it hostile to them to warrant an overt display of were with you gays?

Probably no to both, so if they didnt eat there before, I dont think the kaleidoscope wrapper is gonna drive sales.

Im at a loss.
which burger joint is going to come out with the "white guy who believes in God, works hard, pays his taxes, tries to raise his children well, minds his own business and tries to do the right thing" sandwich?

we are the minority, so when do we get our special whopper?
oh, and real gutsy move there BK, only offering it San Francisco. I dare you to offer this in Elizabethton, TN.
What makes that burger gay, is that it's made with Miracle Whip.
Originally Posted by high_country_
doesn't that make it burger queen?

Or Bugger King.
Originally Posted by ironbender

CURSES!!!
Originally Posted by ironbender

Probably more like mashed up Oreos if accuracy if accuracy is the goal.
Did you see the TV adds with the creepy Burger King. Burger King has been going homo for some time same with the Sonic [bleep]. They lost my patronage a long time ago. There is A Chick Filet just a little farther away.
Whoops. Guess I am packing my own lunch. They want to support [bleep]? Cool. Not gonna spend another fricking dime there.
Queer burgers - vomit
I wonder what the franchisee owners have to say about this back-assward decision?

Hold the Mayo ...
Salmonella: Say what?
Sheesh!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Go to their website and email them. I just did. Tell them that straight folks are tired of this gay crap. Tell them that by supporting 1% of the population, they are alienating 99% of the population. We need to start standing up and making our opinions heard.
never saw the reason homos feel 'proud' of being an abomination and an aberration.
I called BK's headquarters down in Miami, and told them I won't be buying any homo hamburgers, or anything else from them.
They can become the official homo burger for all I care. To me their burgers have always been undersized, over priced, and of poor quality. I'm not big on "fast food" to begin with, BK is towards the bottom of the list.
This has touched off a marketing war. Sonic is beefing up their foot-long in response.
I don't eat fast food either. But, we need to start voicing our opinions over this gay crap. All of the morals in this country are declining because no one speaks up and says that enough is enough. All BK knows is that it made the queers happy. Do they know how the straight folks feel, unless you let them?
The latest Gallup Poll tells us that the GLBT population is about 3.5%. But I suspect that BK is targeting those who support the alternative lifestyle too. I have never the level of corporate fawning over one group as this. BK isn't the only one either.
We'll see what McDonalds does in response.
Ronnie McD. is gay grin
Originally Posted by bigwhoop

Broke Back nuggets?
Originally Posted by bigwhoop

Brings a whole new connotation to the "Big Mac" with special sauce sick
Did anyone see the travel site commercial with the two guys celebrating their one year anniversary?

I dont get it there is so few of them why pander?

What two adults do is not my business ( I dont need to see or know) but I dont understand the reasons some are going out of their way to suck up Why? Why the agenda?

Hank
Home of the Whopper --> Have it your way --> Gay pride Whopper.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBkAAortU_g
Originally Posted by NDsnowman
Unphuckinbelieveable.

What's next?

Choking hazard!
You almost cost me a computer. I damn near spit my drink out all over the place lol
© 24hourcampfire