Home
Link To Story
Second Amendment - Nah.

Separation of Powers - Nah.

Our no balls Congress needs to bitch slap him. miles
Our Congress gave the executive branch the power to control the import of weapons decades ago.

I'm just surprised it was delayed this long, and isn't much wider than it is. We have 2 years more to go, tho.
First President Bush also banned the import of certain foreign guns, as did Clinton. It is a legitimate function of the executive to set rules. Congress is as fault for this, as they are the ones that consistently write legislation giving the executive such broad powers of interpretation and implementation.
Gotta spank Russia over the Ukraine, I'm sure Putin will quake and push Hillary's reset button now. Box of rocks stupid, doesn't even make a fig leaf for Obama. I bet even Bloomgerg just shrugged.
That should make more available for Al Queda, and Taliban at better prices since the ware house will be full to the rafters.
I was just waiting for the pos to pull this. watch the prices of all AK's go through the roof again.
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
First President Bush also banned the import of certain foreign guns, as did Clinton. It is a legitimate function of the executive to set rules. Congress is as fault for this, as they are the ones that consistently write legislation giving the executive such broad powers of interpretation and implementation.
Sam has it spot on. Obama isn't doing what other presidents haven't done before him. And under Bush version 2.0 we lost importation of foreign military barrels.

This was an executive order for sanctions. Some ahole threw in the small arms just because they could. AK sales to US civilians won't hurt Russia one bit, but it will bite US gun buyers. Bastid!!!

Can't say I'm surprised.
TRH,

Obama has also banned the release of a certified copy of his birth certificate.

If he wasn't born in the USA, then he was never legally president, then everything he has done while he was impersonating a US president would be null & void including his US Supreme Court appointments. And that would also mean that Obamacare and his other BS legislation and dictatorial actions like the one that's in your link would be null & void.
Reagan put the skids on NFA C III in 1986 driving prices through the roof.

Bought a S&W 76 for 900 bucks in the early 80s.

It's an $8K weapon now.
If you look at what liberal anti-gun politicians define as being an "Assault Weapon", any of the firearms that meet that configuration even remotely, and are imported into the U.S., will fall under his executive order.

They can't control what is made and sold here, or what is already imported, but they can stop further importation of them.

He said he was going to do this before. I took him that he meant it then. It's just now getting around to happening.
"Hey guys, I just found an old AK in the back of my safe, it's got a little surface rust that'll clean right up, haven't fire it since I bought it, I'll sacrifice it for $3,000 today, price jumps to $4,000 tomorrow, ultra-rare Brzinksiyfeskidoyovich Arsenal manufacture, hurry won't last...."
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
"Hey guys, I just found an old AK in the back of my safe, it's got a little surface rust that'll clean right up, haven't fire it since I bought it, I'll sacrifice it for $3,000 today, price jumps to $4,000 tomorrow, ultra-rare Brzinksiyfeskidoyovich Arsenal manufacture, hurry won't last...."

you will be seeing lots of ad's just like that.
worse part of this pos penmanship is the cost/availability of cheap ammo will go nuts again.
Brzinksiyfeskidoyovich Arsenal is ultra rare!lol
This upcoming weekends' gun-show sellers are pencil-whipping their price tags for AK's 'n ammo as I type these words.
Originally Posted by milespatton
Our no balls Congress needs to bitch slap him. miles

+1, If they did have balls they wouldn't know what to do with them...
Seems as we could all get together and vote in a decent President, he could un-ban them with a stroke of the pen. Do not confuse decent with your pick. miles
Thats all the little phag can do, just throwing a childlike temper tantrum on the big bad wolf Putin, what else is a chitcago bath house pole-skinner gonna do?
So will some enterprising machine shop start manufacturing AK's in the USA?
Originally Posted by bigwhoop
So will some enterprising machine shop start manufacturing AK's in the USA?

CIA already does.

yep ammo is where you're gonna feel this the most

but Saiga shotguns, dang I knew I should have bought one of those hummers.

that's hella fun shooting trap with a 10-20 rd semi auto shotgun
ammo will suck, wolf match target was so good in my top rimfires... I never did get around to ordering a few cases.. ya know who would ban target ammo right.... duh....

Hopefully it'll open a chance here for someone to open a factory to make affordable ammo....plenty mescan labor around...
Originally Posted by Rovering
Second Amendment - Nah.

Separation of Powers - Nah.

Most likely linked to sanctions on Russia due to Ukraine situation. The US is trying to put the hurt on Russia as a result of their involvement in the Ukraine; the Europeans have seem slow to follow due to their reliance on Russian natural gas. Perhaps the shooting down of the Malaysian airliner will cause them to reconsider their position.
Originally Posted by djs
Most likely linked to sanctions on Russia due to Ukraine situation. The US is trying to put the hurt on Russia as a result of their involvement in the Ukraine; the Europeans have seem slow to follow due to their reliance on Russian natural gas. Perhaps the shooting down of the Malaysian airliner will cause them to reconsider their position.
Has evidence emerged that the Russian government was behind it? How has Russia benefited from this?
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
If you look at what liberal anti-gun politicians define as being an "Assault Weapon", any of the firearms that meet that configuration even remotely, and are imported into the U.S., will fall under his executive order.

They can't control what is made and sold here, or what is already imported, but they can stop further importation of them.

He said he was going to do this before. I took him that he meant it then. It's just now getting around to happening.

If I have this right, Massachusetts has already declared a Ruger 10/22 to be an assault weapon.

BTW< by definition, an assault weapon is a fully automatic weapon of warfare. They are already illegal. We play in to the gun controllers' hands by not correcting them every time they intentionally lie about the definition of an assault weapon.
Originally Posted by SansSouci
BTW< by definition, an assault weapon is a fully automatic weapon of warfare. They are already illegal. We play in to the gun controllers' hands by not correcting them every time they intentionally lie about the definition of an assault weapon.
I must correct you. An assault rifle is a selective fire, intermediate caliber, carbine, capable for full auto fire, and accepting detachable magazines. An assault weapon is a figment of the left's imagination, and its definition is constantly in flux.
Originally Posted by rost495
ammo will suck, wolf match target was so good in my top rimfires... I never did get around to ordering a few cases.. ya know who would ban target ammo right.... duh....

Wolf MT is made in Germany. Although you will have to wait a little while, you can still order those cases.
Elections have consequences.
I checked gunbroker a little while ago, couple of saiga 12guages for sale, in the 900 to 1000range already.
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
I checked gunbroker a little while ago, couple of saiga 12guages for sale, in the 900 to 1000range already.
What were they last week?
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

it would depend on what you bought. I seem to remember prices around the 600dollar level.
However, a number of smiths have been taking the basic gun and upgrading it as to componets polishing the action and so on such that even before this they were considerably higher.
The next big rumor is a.k. ammo in that there is some steel supposedly in the projectile. Possible ban on importation as was done on the 5.45.
I also heard the other day that with the change in environmental friendly "green ammo" no lead, that the rules were changed so that NO componets can be sold for civilian usage. Translated when ss109 or the m855 ball runs, out say goodby to that too.
I don't care where Obama was born... It doesn't matter...

what matters, is he is holding the keys to whole country...

and is Anti Anything American... is a puppet for globalists

Thinks laws don't personally apply to him... thinks he and his buddies can do whatever they want....his job is only protected by the Communist who call themselves democrats.. and the spineless politicians who call themselves a Republican...

Obama's personal goals are to destroy as much of this nation as humanly possible....
Originally Posted by Seafire
I don't care where Obama was born... It doesn't matter...

what matters, is he is holding the keys to whole country...

and is Anti Anything American... is a puppet for globalists

Thinks laws don't personally apply to him... thinks he and his buddies can do whatever they want....his job is only protected by the Communist who call themselves democrats.. and the spineless politicians who call themselves a Republican...

Obama's personal goals are to destroy as much of this nation as humanly possible....
+1
He couldn't wait for Jeb to do it?!?!? 1989 ban on imported rifles via executive order = Bush. 2005 ban on imported rifle parts via ATF rule change = Bush. Nothing in the Bush legacy on firearms safety laws needed to have "Obama" in the mix. What a friggin jerk to horn in on that families legacy.
Originally Posted by 284LUVR
Reagan put the skids on NFA C III in 1986 driving prices through the roof.

Yep, nothing wrong with that just like nothing wrong when Bush did the 1989 ban on self loading rifles or Bush did the 2005 ban on imported parts. Whole different story when this POS does the same though.

I wouldn't give $300 bucks for one! The few AK rifles I bought while in College in the mid 1980's shot minute of side of a barn accuracy if you were lucky. You could go to the big Houston Gun Show back then and buy a brand new Mak 90 AK for $189 bucks.

I've heard the Siaga shotguns functioned OK, but I can just imagine the pattern they are throwing if they are built like the 7.62X39 rifles. IMO, you buy junk, you get exactly what you paid for. JUNK.
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

I wouldn't give $300 bucks for one! The few AK rifles I bought while in College in the mid 1980's shot minute of side of a barn accuracy if you were lucky. You could go to the big Houston Gun Show back then and buy a brand new Mak 90 AK for $189 bucks.

Chinese guns don't seem to have decent accuracy. Euro ones are not bad.
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

I've heard the Siaga shotguns functioned OK, but I can just imagine the pattern they are throwing if they are built like the 7.62X39 rifles. IMO, you buy junk, you get exactly what you paid for. JUNK.

A guy at our club shoots skeet with a Saiga. And is pretty damned good
Bush did the 1989 ban on self loading rifles or Bush did the 2005 ban on imported parts.

Is an AK not a self loading rifle? Also is it not imported and could be taken apart for parts? Why would Obama ban an item that Bush already Banned? Inquiring minds and all of that. miles
If we let him ban this, what will he ban next? Do you see the problem when a president writes his own laws?
Bush did the 1989 ban on self loading rifles or Bush did the 2005 ban on imported parts.

Is an AK not a self loading rifle? Also is it not imported and could be taken apart for parts? Why would Obama ban an item that Bush already Banned? Inquiring minds and all of that. miles

The 1989 ban by exectuive order was on military look semi-autos consisting of 100% imported parts. People with no respect for authority figured out they could get around that by having AK/HK/FAL rifles made up with no bayonet lugs or flash hiders and thumbhole stocks they could sneak around Bush's goal and start peddling them to civilians again. Eventually people with even less respect for authority figured out they could use US made parts and get around the thumbhole stock.

http://www.nytimes.com/1989/07/08/us/import-ban-on-assault-rifles-becomes-permanent.html

At some point unscrupulous people figured out they could get surplused machine gun AK/HK/FAL rifles that had the receivers cut up and use those parts with imported spare receivers + a few US made parts to get around the ban also. In 2005 Bush's ATF did and administrative rule change to put an end to that.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1461605/posts

The Saiga's were likely being brought in looking like this:

[Linked Image]

Then doing this crap:

http://home.comcast.net/~navy87guy/home/saigaconversion.html

to make their "sporter" in to a weapon of war that only US police and military should have access to.

This was not Obama's move to make. This was Jeb's or another member of the Bush dynasty. At the very least Romney could have been allowed to do it for the Massachusetts connection when he gets in as POTUS 2016, but Obama didn't even have enough class to let that happen.
Originally Posted by sherp

The 1989 ban by exectuive order was on military look semi-autos consisting of 100% imported parts. People with no respect for authority figured out they could get around that by having AK/HK/FAL rifles made up with no bayonet lugs or flash hiders and thumbhole stocks they could sneak around Bush's goal and start peddling them to civilians again. Eventually people with even less respect for authority figured out they could use US made parts and get around the thumbhole stock.

http://www.nytimes.com/1989/07/08/us/import-ban-on-assault-rifles-becomes-permanent.html

At some point unscrupulous people figured out they could get surplused machine gun AK/HK/FAL rifles that had the receivers cut up and use those parts with imported spare receivers + a few US made parts to get around the ban also. In 2005 Bush's ATF did and administrative rule change to put an end to that.

[Linked Image]

Then doing this crap:

to make their "sporter" in to a weapon of war that only US police and military should have access to.

This was not Obama's move to make. This was Jeb's or another member of the Bush dynasty. At the very least Romney could have been allowed to do it for the Massachusetts connection when he gets in as POTUS 2016, but Obama didn't even have enough class to let that happen.
You're a great American, Sherp. grin
Originally Posted by sherp

[Linked Image]

Then doing this crap:

You're a great American, Sherp. grin

I know. I stand for what the Bushes and Romneys stand for along with all of the other conservatives who voted for them. Unlike most of those who voted for them I am not ashamed of what they stand for when relating why others should support them.
Hey, another thing the Cartels can make money off of...Yipee!
Half neeger POS!
Originally Posted by okok
Half neeger POS!

I am right there with you!! This was a rule only a Bush family member or Republican POTUS with Massachusetts ties should have made. For a Kenyan(unless his real Father was Frank Marshall Davis)/Hawaiian to do it and take the honor from the Bush family or other Massachusettsian shows just how little class he has.
Sherp, I am still confused. Did Bush ban them and Obama ban them again? Who unbanned them? You did say Bush put a stop to the work arounds in 2005, did you not? miles
Sherp, I am still confused. Did Bush ban them and Obama ban them again? Who unbanned them? You did say Bush put a stop to the work arounds in 2005, did you not? miles

What is confusing about it?

Bush I banned the import of 100% imported part semi-auto assault rifles via executive order in 1989.

After that, unscrupulous individuals figured out loopholes to get around Bush's via thumbholes stocks and US made parts.

Bush II had his ATF ban imported take off barrels and new replacement receivers in 2005 that were being used to make clones of the 1989 banned guns.. This is why you see AK/FAL/HK rifles (US weapons such as Garands and M16 that were given to foreign countries and then reimported when those countries were done with them) advertised by Sportsman's Guide and other vendors.

Unscrupulous individuals were importing sporterized variants of Russian AK's to circumvent the Bush I ban on factory built all imported part rifles and Bush II ban on imported barrels/receivers, then converting those sporterized rifles in to clones with US parts that look like the complete rifles banned from import in 1989.
maybe soon a bakail will be worth 10,000. made in roosha

From your post #9037311-
imported spare receivers + a few US made parts to get around the ban also. In 2005 Bush's ATF did and administrative rule change to put an end to that.

You say that Bush banned them, then put an end to all of the work arounds. Then Obama bans them again. Why? miles

From your post #9037311-
imported spare receivers + a few US made parts to get around the ban also. In 2005 Bush's ATF did and administrative rule change to put an end to that.

You say that Bush banned them, then put an end to all of the work arounds. Then Obama bans them again. Why? miles

Obama didn't ban them again. He banned the work arounds that came in response to the 2005 ban which was not his ban to make.
Oh no run out and buy as many as you can at ridiculous prices!!!
He banned the work arounds

OK then, what we had was a misleading title. Obama did not ban sale of new Russian AK rifles, He banned the work around, to the 2005 work around, to a previous law, that Bush signed. Wonder why I was confused? miles

He banned the work arounds

OK then, what we had was a misleading title. Obama did not ban sale of new Russian AK rifles, He banned the work around, to the 2005 work around, to a previous law, that Bush signed. Wonder why I was confused? miles

I do not see how anyone could not understand it. The supply of imported assault rifle barrels and receivers dried up within a couple of years after 2005 and the parts kits sans imported receivers and sans imported barrels have been openly sold that way ever since. Companies didn't scrap the barrels/receivers because they wanted to.
Here we go again. Did Obama ban rifles or parts kits? miles
Here we go again. Did Obama ban rifles or parts kits? miles

Tell you what miles, instead of me giving you the CliffNotes version over and over, why don't you go read the link on converting Saiga rifles from sporter to weapon of war and you can see exactly what Obama banned since you seem to have not done that.

I suspect you already know what the deal is and are just playing dumb since you aren't proud of the Bush family achievements for some reason.
I suspect you already know what the deal is and are just playing dumb

I am. I also am trying to point out how a lot of times on here people try to mislead exactly what is happening. I am against banning most everything except drugs, most abortions, and being bad to kids. Before I get jumped on, there are some valid medical reasons for abortion, but just not wanting the kid is not one of them. I just wanted it to be clear what Obama banned and what Bush banned. I am dead set against Obama and think mostly "W" did a good job. He was handed a schit sandwich soon after he got into office and tried to do what he thought was right. Some of it was not, but I don't think he did it to hurt the country. Some people, even some good people, do not get the whole gun thing due to their raising, but they can be educated. Some will never get it. miles.
I suspect you already know what the deal is and are just playing dumb

I am. I also am trying to point out how a lot of times on here people try to mislead exactly what is happening. I am against banning most everything except drugs, most abortions, and being bad to kids. Before I get jumped on, there are some valid medical reasons for abortion, but just not wanting the kid is not one of them. I just wanted it to be clear what Obama banned and what Bush banned. I am dead set against Obama and think mostly "W" did a good job. He was handed a schit sandwich soon after he got into office and tried to do what he thought was right. Some of it was not, but I don't think he did it to hurt the country. Some people, even some good people, do not get the whole gun thing due to their raising, but they can be educated. Some will never get it. miles.

Oh ok. I am right there with you in supporting both the Bush I & II gun bans. My only gripe with this ban on Russaan stuff is that Obama did it. Like you, once the next republican gets in office and keeps it on the books I won't call it bad either. I had a raising just like you did and also think only police and military should have guns like that.
© 24hourcampfire