Home
Own or purchase from any of these companies?
I have to plead guilty, but won't in the future.
REI, and Gerber's names are there.

Oregon companies supporting anti-hunting
I hope they all crash and burn.

Deception is nothing new to liberals.... http://www.greendecoys.com/
Thanks for the list, if I owned any gerber knives i'd break the blades and trash em. mad
I don't shop at any of those joints and I don't use gerber knives
No surprises here....typical liberals... take your money for their products, but lobby against the sports you bought their equipment to use it for...

liberals are ALWAYS hypocrites...
Fu-kin amazing. crazy mad
Amazing to me was in the remarks section. Nosler is publicly against hound hunting? Would not let disabled veterans use hounds to increase the chances of getting a bear on their TV show?

Screw 'em, says me. Barnes is a much better bullet, anyway. And The co is a vehement supporter of hunting and gun rights, no exception.
I'd go with Hornady.
Originally Posted by eyeball
I'd go with Hornady.

Yep.
I like Hornady bullets better anyway.

The only Gerber I own belonged to my father and is at least 40 years old. I don't really feel like breaking it. How about I just never buy another.
REI doesn't surprise me, it's been taken over by Seattle and Portland yuppies.....
Gerber knifes are crap anyway
Not guilty of being a supporter.
Nosler? One proudly supported by the 'fire... Hey JB, have a view?
Originally Posted by Scott F
I like Hornady bullets better anyway.

The only Gerber I own belonged to my father and is at least 40 years old. I don't really feel like breaking it. How about I just never buy another.

My old Gerber is a 30 year old folding hunter made in Oregon - I know the current Gerber is foreign owned now and I think they import most of their product line - Oregon in name only.
As Oregon has not elected anything but Democrats in decades, I'm pretty sure that just about everyone but you few holdouts are hurting us.
Tim Leatherman is another liberal anti-gun tree hugger weenie that should be on this list....
ltppowell, I suspect Oregon is like Washington, the liberal cities on the west side elect Democrats while the more rural east side elects Republicans and independents. Kinda like Texas and Austin.......
REI and Patagonia don't surprise me. I will not wear one thread with a Patagonia label and I only shop at REI out of desperation. I can't understand what Gerber is thinking, but since they make their junk from crappy steel, I won't buy one anyway.

Muck Boots are a disappointment. I have a pair of Woody Bayous and like them very much, but if that's the direction they wish to go I'll never buy another pair.

As for Nosler, they like a lot of other folks in the hunting community have a skewed sense of what constitutes "fair chase" and I think it's a naive tactic to suck up to the antis and try to play fair when what really needs to happen is to fix bayonets and go after the enemy.
Never bought anything from these companies, and now I'll be certain to never.
Don't use any of it. REI is to expensive, never heard of that beer before, patagonia don't recall owning any of that stuff, Gerber knives are made out of mystery steel they suck.
Originally Posted by Brazos
REI doesn't surprise me, it's been taken over by Seattle and Portland yuppies.....

Years ago this happened....

Eddie Bauer turned into a clothes retailer and REI went "progressive yuppie" and anti hunting
Crap. Ninkasi total domination is awesome.

Guys remember it is oregon. Don't look too close at this stuff or you wont able to buy much local at all.
Nope..
Black & Decker MM875 Lawn Hog which is 19-Inch 12 amp Electric Mulching Mower with Rear Bag is one of the best lawn mower brand hub known to me so far.. As I am so much into this field . It requires effortless to start and maintain and it produces zero emissions. Moreover, it is very light weight and easy to use.
Well hot damn, Andomar, that changes everything.
Must have fallen for one of those posts on Disqus making THOUSAnDs a WEeK fOR a new MerCedES.
When did B&D move to Oregon?
This info is 15 years old, can't imagine you guys behind the times like that. These companies, along with Ruger and S&W, at one point, have been undermining your rights in a major way.

At present I'd focus on not buying anything from that list and anything GM or Dodge.

If you disagree, please [bleep] off in advance.

Originally Posted by gunner500
Thanks for the list, if I owned any gerber knives i'd break the blades and trash em. mad

frankly, Gerber makes chit knives. I'd never own their junk to start with.
kcih how is S&W and Ruger anti hunting, anti gun?
Frankly I am laughing at all the people who say they will not buy their products yet freely admit an actors political stance doesn't matter because they watch movies for entertainment crazy
Originally Posted by WildWest

Not anti-hunting but Bill Ruger made some very anti-2nd Amendment comments and S&W held Clinton's cock with two hands a set of lips throughout the 90's.

Travis
I've never bought a Gerber knife, but do have one that was a gift from my step-daughter. I don't use it much, but suppose I'll keep it - maybe re-gift down the road a piece...
Originally Posted by kciH
This info is 15 years old,

Article was written last year, and according to Wiki, Ninkasi Brewing was founded in 2006.
Well I did buy a Gerber knife or two back about 30 years ago, the only one of the bunch that ever got any of my money.
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by WildWest

Not anti-hunting but Bill Ruger made some very anti-2nd Amendment comments and S&W held Clinton's cock with two hands a set of lips throughout the 90's.

Travis

Bill is dead. As I recall it almost killed S&W. It wasn't until after the change in management that people started buying new Smiths again.

Ernie
I love Ruger and S&W. I was just explaining why some don't.

Travis
Originally Posted by eh76
Frankly I am laughing at all the people who say they will not buy their products yet freely admit an actors political stance doesn't matter because they watch movies for entertainment crazy

I agree. I have not been to movie or rented one in at least five years.
I just looked at the list again and am happy to say not one penny of my money has gone to the companies listed.
Sun Joe Mow Joe MJ407E 20-Inch Bag/Mulch/Side Discharge Electric Lawn Mower is the best electric lawn mowerknown to me so far.. Its durable steel blades cuts with precision. It is light, easy to push no pull start. It works great even on the grass that was high enough that my dog got lost in the small backyard.. I am using this mower from last six months.
I like to go to REI and tell them I'm getting ready to go wolf hunting and watch them spasm.

I guess no one here shops at Walmart and supports the Chinese economy.

mike r
Originally Posted by lvmiker
I like to go to REI and tell them I'm getting ready to go wolf hunting and watch them spasm.

I guess no one here shops at Walmart and supports the Chinese economy.

mike r

I went to REI and asked for topo maps for deer hunting, I thought the guy was going to faint.
Odd. I've gone to REI for good clothing and maps, and had great conversations about hunting with staff there.

REI was never set up as a hunting store; it's an outdoor cooperative.

A small microbrewery? Yikes, I'm afraid of how much damage they could do.

MUCK Boots doing a $2k fundraiser for HSUS? Not a fan of HSUS at all (in fact, I know more about them than most and none of it good), but damn, $2k rates a "Top 5 anti-hunting list"? If that's the case, we're in REALLY good shape.

Gerber gives tons of money and endorsements; their PR department will okay just about any endorsement related to outdoor, tactical, or related fields. No surprise there.

And, a media firm being indicted for doing business with a client that isn't a died-in-the-wool hunting group? Sheesh.

If those are the 5 worst, we're in great, great shape.

I do wonder how folks who get their panties all in a knot over this feel about shopping at Wal-Mart, or purchasing insurance (take a look at their policies re: 2A and hunting some time), or buying Perdue or Tyson products that put small farmers and small towns out of business?

Originally Posted by 700LH
Own or purchase from any of these companies?
I have to plead guilty, but won't in the future.
REI, and Gerber's names are there.

Oregon companies supporting anti-hunting

REI? I thought they were headquartered out of Seattle, WA. REI is nothing more than "Yuppie Heaven" and yes they are very anti-hunting and most of their merchandise is way over priced.
Originally Posted by safariman
Amazing to me was in the remarks section. Nosler is publicly against hound hunting? Would not let disabled veterans use hounds to increase the chances of getting a bear on their TV show?

It says they did not want to show hounds on their show. It is not uncommon for a company to be aware of perceptions -since, as we all know, once it's on film or internet, it's "fact". That's no different than a company not wanting ATVs shown (though they might be necessary to a particular hunt), or showing a back-up firearm on a bow-hunt. Heck Remington might even get picky about showing a very worn and rusty M700- or, worse, a M70- on one of their shows even though it has killed 50 moose and hundreds of caribou in the hands of the weathered guide they're filming, over it's 30 year existence.

Some of the folks in these companies even swear and drink too much, but as long as the folks running the sewing machines in Viet Nam and Bangladesh support our hunting rights, it's all good, right?

Actually, while I hardly darken the doorway of REI anymore, it has never bothered me to get their stuff absolutely gored up in the process of skinning and gutting a large animal. And I could care less what Honda thinks about using their equipment in support of hunting. If they want to send $2 to an anti-hunting company, that's their problem. I'll certainly put the other $9998 worth of my Honda toward the opposite side of things. smile
Why not get this Andomar147 out of here? He is running lawn mower ads. Don't we have a bouncer in this joint?
Originally Posted by Hastings
Why not get this Andomar147 out of here? He is running lawn mower ads. Don't we have a bouncer in this joint?

Drop a dime on him to RickBin. He'll be gone in short order. wink
He is running lawn mower ads

Electric lawn mower ads at that. I would need a lot of extension cord. miles
Funny how a PR group defines a whole company. That is their job but a companies employees rarely march in lockstep with the boss. REI has their eastern warehouse about five miles from here, and I assure all that there are few anti's working there. Never been to one of their stores. Even though they have a facility here the demographic is too small for a store. I dont even know where the nearest one is. They started as a great employer hiring mostly full time permanent workers, no temps. Our local (anti-union by the way) employment customs now has them using temps and casual workers. I figured them for Libs as soon as they released their intent to build.
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by Hastings

Drop a dime on him to RickBin. He'll be gone in short order. wink

Hopefully he gets him out faster than he is with fixing the F'd site.
REI is overpriced and Gerber make $hitty knives. if your buying gerber knives you don't know your ankle from your scrotum.
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Funny how a PR group defines a whole company. That is their job but a companies employees rarely march in lockstep with the boss. REI has their eastern warehouse about five miles from here, and I assure all that there are few anti's working there. Never been to one of their stores. Even though they have a facility here the demographic is too small for a store. I dont even know where the nearest one is. They started as a great employer hiring mostly full time permanent workers, no temps. Our local (anti-union by the way) employment customs now has them using temps and casual workers. I figured them for Libs as soon as they released their intent to build.

Perhaps they can't stand unions any more than the rest of us. That's one vote in their favor.
I'll buy REI and Patagonia if I find it at a thrift store. I'm real unhappy about the Nosler stuff though.
Originally Posted by kciH
This info is 15 years old, can't imagine you guys behind the times like that. These companies, along with Ruger and S&W, at one point, have been undermining your rights in a major way.

At present I'd focus on not buying anything from that list and anything GM or Dodge.

If you disagree, please [bleep] off in advance.

what the [bleep] is wrong with you ??
I have many knives, Custom knives, Buck knives, Kershaw knives, Heriloom knives, Case knives, but I carry a Gerber knife.

I bought it because it's cheap, lightweight, holds an edge for a decent amount of time, and if it gets lost, it's no big deal.

Somehow I still manage to sleep at night, despite knowing the Universe is off kilter because I've purchased a Gerber..

I also have a pair of beat up, torn Muck boots around here as well that I wear when working the garden,..guess that pretty much makes me the Devil...

If that's all some folks have to fuss about, then they're not in too bad a shape.....

[Linked Image]
If we knew the truth about all producers and sellers of consumer products we'd have nothing to buy. Just because a company doesn't actively support hunting and shooting doesn't mean they are actively against it. Most, if not all of those companies are neutral towards hunting and shooting.

I've bought from REI a lot and will continue. Have gone in there many times asking for advice specifically for hunting gear and never had anyone be the least bit concerned. Their outdoor clothing and other product are far better designed than the stuff we buy at Cabela's It just doesn't come in camo.

REI is overpriced and Gerber make $hitty knives.

With most Gerber knives I agree, although they make a few decent knives.

I've found REI to be a bargian. Their prices on the same items are the same or less than Cabelas. I get dividends worth 10% of my purchses each year along with regular coupons for 20% off items. That along with the regular clearance sales makes for very good hunting gear sold at great prices.
© 24hourcampfire