-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
A
A
Sun Joe Mow Joe MJ407E 20-Inch Bag/Mulch/Side Discharge Electric Lawn Mower is the best electric lawn mowerknown to me so far.. Its durable steel blades cuts with precision. It is light, easy to push no pull start. It works great even on the grass that was high enough that my dog got lost in the small backyard.. I am using this mower from last six months.

GB1

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
I like to go to REI and tell them I'm getting ready to go wolf hunting and watch them spasm.

I guess no one here shops at Walmart and supports the Chinese economy.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by lvmiker
I like to go to REI and tell them I'm getting ready to go wolf hunting and watch them spasm.

I guess no one here shops at Walmart and supports the Chinese economy.

mike r

I went to REI and asked for topo maps for deer hunting, I thought the guy was going to faint.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Odd. I've gone to REI for good clothing and maps, and had great conversations about hunting with staff there.

REI was never set up as a hunting store; it's an outdoor cooperative.

A small microbrewery? Yikes, I'm afraid of how much damage they could do.

MUCK Boots doing a $2k fundraiser for HSUS? Not a fan of HSUS at all (in fact, I know more about them than most and none of it good), but damn, $2k rates a "Top 5 anti-hunting list"? If that's the case, we're in REALLY good shape.

Gerber gives tons of money and endorsements; their PR department will okay just about any endorsement related to outdoor, tactical, or related fields. No surprise there.

And, a media firm being indicted for doing business with a client that isn't a died-in-the-wool hunting group? Sheesh.

If those are the 5 worst, we're in great, great shape.

I do wonder how folks who get their panties all in a knot over this feel about shopping at Wal-Mart, or purchasing insurance (take a look at their policies re: 2A and hunting some time), or buying Perdue or Tyson products that put small farmers and small towns out of business?

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 700LH
Own or purchase from any of these companies?
I have to plead guilty, but won't in the future.
REI, and Gerber's names are there.

Oregon companies supporting anti-hunting

REI? I thought they were headquartered out of Seattle, WA. REI is nothing more than "Yuppie Heaven" and yes they are very anti-hunting and most of their merchandise is way over priced.

de 73's Archie - W7ACT

[Linked Image]

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by safariman
Amazing to me was in the remarks section. Nosler is publicly against hound hunting? Would not let disabled veterans use hounds to increase the chances of getting a bear on their TV show?

It says they did not want to show hounds on their show. It is not uncommon for a company to be aware of perceptions -since, as we all know, once it's on film or internet, it's "fact". That's no different than a company not wanting ATVs shown (though they might be necessary to a particular hunt), or showing a back-up firearm on a bow-hunt. Heck Remington might even get picky about showing a very worn and rusty M700- or, worse, a M70- on one of their shows even though it has killed 50 moose and hundreds of caribou in the hands of the weathered guide they're filming, over it's 30 year existence.

Some of the folks in these companies even swear and drink too much, but as long as the folks running the sewing machines in Viet Nam and Bangladesh support our hunting rights, it's all good, right?

Actually, while I hardly darken the doorway of REI anymore, it has never bothered me to get their stuff absolutely gored up in the process of skinning and gutting a large animal. And I could care less what Honda thinks about using their equipment in support of hunting. If they want to send $2 to an anti-hunting company, that's their problem. I'll certainly put the other $9998 worth of my Honda toward the opposite side of things. smile

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Why not get this Andomar147 out of here? He is running lawn mower ads. Don't we have a bouncer in this joint?

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Hastings
Why not get this Andomar147 out of here? He is running lawn mower ads. Don't we have a bouncer in this joint?

Drop a dime on him to RickBin. He'll be gone in short order. wink

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
He is running lawn mower ads

Electric lawn mower ads at that. I would need a lot of extension cord. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Funny how a PR group defines a whole company. That is their job but a companies employees rarely march in lockstep with the boss. REI has their eastern warehouse about five miles from here, and I assure all that there are few anti's working there. Never been to one of their stores. Even though they have a facility here the demographic is too small for a store. I dont even know where the nearest one is. They started as a great employer hiring mostly full time permanent workers, no temps. Our local (anti-union by the way) employment customs now has them using temps and casual workers. I figured them for Libs as soon as they released their intent to build.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
IC B3

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by Hastings

Drop a dime on him to RickBin. He'll be gone in short order. wink

Hopefully he gets him out faster than he is with fixing the F'd site.

Camp is where you make it.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
REI is overpriced and Gerber make $hitty knives. if your buying gerber knives you don't know your ankle from your scrotum.

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Funny how a PR group defines a whole company. That is their job but a companies employees rarely march in lockstep with the boss. REI has their eastern warehouse about five miles from here, and I assure all that there are few anti's working there. Never been to one of their stores. Even though they have a facility here the demographic is too small for a store. I dont even know where the nearest one is. They started as a great employer hiring mostly full time permanent workers, no temps. Our local (anti-union by the way) employment customs now has them using temps and casual workers. I figured them for Libs as soon as they released their intent to build.

Perhaps they can't stand unions any more than the rest of us. That's one vote in their favor.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
I'll buy REI and Patagonia if I find it at a thrift store. I'm real unhappy about the Nosler stuff though.

�Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program." -- Milton Friedman
G
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
G
Originally Posted by kciH
This info is 15 years old, can't imagine you guys behind the times like that. These companies, along with Ruger and S&W, at one point, have been undermining your rights in a major way.

At present I'd focus on not buying anything from that list and anything GM or Dodge.

If you disagree, please [bleep] off in advance.

what the [bleep] is wrong with you ??

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have many knives, Custom knives, Buck knives, Kershaw knives, Heriloom knives, Case knives, but I carry a Gerber knife.

I bought it because it's cheap, lightweight, holds an edge for a decent amount of time, and if it gets lost, it's no big deal.

Somehow I still manage to sleep at night, despite knowing the Universe is off kilter because I've purchased a Gerber..

I also have a pair of beat up, torn Muck boots around here as well that I wear when working the garden,..guess that pretty much makes me the Devil...

If that's all some folks have to fuss about, then they're not in too bad a shape.....

[Linked Image]

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
If we knew the truth about all producers and sellers of consumer products we'd have nothing to buy. Just because a company doesn't actively support hunting and shooting doesn't mean they are actively against it. Most, if not all of those companies are neutral towards hunting and shooting.

I've bought from REI a lot and will continue. Have gone in there many times asking for advice specifically for hunting gear and never had anyone be the least bit concerned. Their outdoor clothing and other product are far better designed than the stuff we buy at Cabela's It just doesn't come in camo.

REI is overpriced and Gerber make $hitty knives.

With most Gerber knives I agree, although they make a few decent knives.

I've found REI to be a bargian. Their prices on the same items are the same or less than Cabelas. I get dividends worth 10% of my purchses each year along with regular coupons for 20% off items. That along with the regular clearance sales makes for very good hunting gear sold at great prices.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

484 members (10gaugeman, 007FJ, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 160user, 59 invisible), 2,629 guests, and 1,183 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,644
Posts18,512,487
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.