Home
my 16 yo son and i were eating at El Porton when that crowd started moving through the parking lot of Poplar Plaza Shopping Center. it started at the north end of the Center and moved south. our resturant was literally surrounded by what seemed to be 75+ teenagers. we were eating in the outdoors section and there were cops everywhere. the beating took place, on the opposite side of the parking lot. we didn't see anything . minutes before we got there, a couple of kids snatched a ladies purse who was also sitting in the outside seating of El Porton.

this is as close to home as it gets, for us. when we drove home, the crowd was strung out along Highland St from Poplar to Park Ave.

situational awareness is the priority now. this chit can get very ugly, very quick.

i only had 1 mag, with NO spare on me. i have 2 mags in the truck, but for only being 100' away, it sure looked further.

be careful, ked
Glad you made it out OK.
Next time I would probably choose a different area to eat.

Wow,....

words fail me.

Glad you're unscathed, and encourage you to write down any and all impressions, visual imagery, ANYTHING concerning this event,....in hopes that you can put together a lengthier, detailed and no doubt interesting report.

Interesting in this case being like that Chinese curse.

GTC
Using Google, I can see the outside seating at that El Porton reataurant.

What an experience, not one I want to do.

Glad you were able to leave safely
Having to have dealt with a few "Freaknics" years ago, I've seen mobs spiral out of control.

Ugly. Glad you and the boy got home.

One mag wouldn't bother me. One shot and they scatter, except the one that falls.
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Having to have dealt with a few "Freaknics" years ago, I've seen mobs spiral out of control.

One mag wouldn't bother me. One shot and they scatter, except the one that falls.

You have experience shooting freaknics?
Who doesn't?
Well, me.
Originally Posted by 700LH

No nlggers, No crime.

Obama has truly implemented CHANGE.
I can't think of anything I would need to do in Memphis. I've taken the wife to the airport a few times, but that's the extent of anything I will ever do in that shiethole.

It was a sheithole when I lived there 20 years ago and it's gotten no better.
Glad you came through intact. You are correct about situational awareness, it is the key to survival you have also convinced me to be carrying extra mags now too.
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I can't think of anything I would need to do in Memphis. I've taken the wife to the airport a few times, but that's the extent of anything I will ever do in that shiethole.

When I was stationed in Millington, couldn't afford the airport.
The bus station was 10x worse.
wasn't this part of that attack on the Kroger employee? The report I remember said there were maybe 100 black yutes involved. They attacked and harmed some other blacks as well as whites, but all those involved were black.
Long ago, I started carrying extra magazines.
Pretty sad this day and age when you want to go out and dine, and have to load up like your going prairie doggin.
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by MadMooner

You have experience shooting freaknics?

Hah! No.

Ya can't shoot a Freaknic, it's an event. A freaknicker would be a participant.

I grew up around Atl. Freaknic was the black college spring break. The last few years, before it was essentially banned, it turned into roving mobs of chit birds.

A large mob was headed towards Piedmont, BLAM! A shoot rang out, and they scattered runnin' all willy nilly. It was quite the seen.

I bet a fella could herd a large pack of them with a bunch of M80's and a 4wheeler.

Like herding angus, lol. Get some blue healers too.
Glad to hear that you got out OK.
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Glad you came through intact. You are correct about situational awareness, it is the key to survival you have also convinced me to be carrying extra mags now too.
Ditto - in spades...
Originally Posted by Redneck
Ditto - in spades...

Me three.
Originally Posted by Steelhead

My Dad was stationed in Memphis 55 years ago right out of boot camp. He still says, "If God were to give the U.S. an enema, He would put the tube in the Mississippi River at Memphis"! grin

Drove through Memphis last year on the way to, from Texas. Stayed overnight on the way back.

Third world vibes, man. And I hardly got off the interstate.

Chit like this has me seriously contemplating selling my single stack Kahr and going with a slightly less compact Springfield XDM 3.8 compact.
Originally Posted by viking

laugh. Now that's funny!
You're not going to need more than one round to end an event like that.

Glad you and your son are ok.

Travis
True Dat but by the time "the system" got done with you, it would probably have been better to take a beating.
Cant shoot the sacred negroes.

Unless of course you are one of them.
Originally Posted by deflave
You're not going to need more than one round to end an event like that.

Travis

Maybe yes - maybe no.

I wasn't much of a scout, but I've always believed in being prepared and extra ammo doesn't take up much space.
i was talking with my son about the whole event. he asked what we would have done if we had observed the event. as i tried to answer, i noticed how the consequences of my actions were affecting my answer. it's pitiful when doing the right thing will probably land you in jail, with Eric Holder investigating.

i was both sad and glad not to have been near the melee!

ked
Events have a way of creeping up on you and smashing you in the back of the head. Incidents such as this are only going to become worse and more frequent as holder and his minions do their best to enable them.
Originally Posted by keith_dunlap
my 16 yo son and i were eating at El Porton when that crowd started moving through the parking lot of Poplar Plaza Shopping Center. it started at the north end of the Center and moved south. our resturant was literally surrounded by what seemed to be 75+ teenagers. we were eating in the outdoors section and there were cops everywhere. the beating took place, on the opposite side of the parking lot. we didn't see anything . minutes before we got there, a couple of kids snatched a ladies purse who was also sitting in the outside seating of El Porton.

this is as close to home as it gets, for us. when we drove home, the crowd was strung out along Highland St from Poplar to Park Ave.

situational awareness is the priority now. this chit can get very ugly, very quick.

i only had 1 mag, with NO spare on me. i have 2 mags in the truck, but for only being 100' away, it sure looked further.

be careful, ked

One mag is all you would have needed shoot one or two and the rest of these Black Chicken Chits would have scattered like a covey of quail
A knife is a great defensive weapon as well for close quarters with a "crowd". Quiet, doesn't run out of ammo, hard to take away, and great for ankles as well?
A race war is acomin!
not soon enough
Ditto - in spades...

Dats raciss
i was talking with my son about the whole event. he asked what we would have done if we had observed the event. as i tried to answer, i noticed how the consequences of my actions were affecting my answer. it's pitiful when doing the right thing will probably land you in jail, with Eric Holder investigating.

i was both sad and glad not to have been near the melee!

ked

Holder can blather on all he wants. The laws governing the Use of Force have not changed. We have seen this countless times. The most recent of which was in Florida. Nothing has changed and his dog and pony show is just that. A dog and pony show to keep specific demographics going to the voting booths.

Travis

I was advised to only frequent minority hookers, to show that you are not racist if the need arises.

Best advice Travis ever gave me.
Originally Posted by RWE
I was advised to only frequent minority hookers, to show that you are not racist if the need arises.

Best advice Travis ever gave me.

They also allow for the use of HOV lanes during rush hour.

Travis
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Originally Posted by viking

laugh. Now that's funny!

that's what I thought ,and the heard bull or lead cow would sneak off into the bush and let shiit happen

norm
We need to help the blacks. We need to give them integration, welfare, free education, ebt cards, free health care, and white women.

be careful, ked

Glad to hear you and your son are well.

I have been in that area briefly,several times. Usually a stop at Buster's, but I won't be going back anytime soon. Used to hearing about violence in other areas of Memphis but this out of the norm.

I suspect a surge in migration south is coming...again.
Is this the one where a bunch of jungle bunnies attacked three white kids in a Dollar General. It was mentioned today on Herman Cain show. It doesn't come up googling dollar gen and [bleep] out. However, several other 'incidents' have come up apparently in the past with respect to that property.
http://www.al.com/news/montgomery/index.ssf/2014/04/watch_as_woman_is_jumped_stabb.html
Dollar Tree, Dollar General...forget which.
eyeball,

I believe this is the video. It is at a Kroger store.

Dey bees jes likes us, cep ten dey's gots dark skin.
My bad, but there is a Dollar Tree in the background when the video starts.
Originally Posted by eyeball
Is this the one where a bunch of jungle bunnies attacked three white kids in a Dollar General. It was mentioned today on Herman Cain show. It doesn't come up googling dollar gen and [bleep] out. However, several other 'incidents' have come up apparently in the past with respect to that property.

the attack occurred at a Kroger supermarket. a Dollar General can be seen in the background of the video. my son and i were about 70 yards to the right of Dollar General. but the Kroger wasn't visible from our seats.

ked
We go to Memphis almost every year for the Saint Jude marathon. We stay in one of the hotels near Beale St for the weekend. Memphis seems to be on it's best behavior with all those guests in town. We eat plenty of BBQ and usually enjoy the weekend.

We toured Rhodes last summer with our Daughter. We would have been comfortable with her going there as long as she understood when and where she was allowed to go in town. Thankfully we decided it was too liberal for us and she's a little closer to home.

be careful, ked

We need to help the blacks. We need to give them integration, welfare, free education, ebt cards, free health care, and white women.
We're already doing all that. They want more, it seems.
I guess the lesson is don't get isolated in the proximity of "suspicious looking individuals" while shopping and, if you do find that's the case, keep an eagle eye on them and be mentally ready to draw and fire at a moment's notice.
Originally Posted by RNF
eyeball,

I believe this is the video. It is at a Kroger store.

Day really teachin' dat white boy who day is.
Originally Posted by EvilTwin
Events have a way of creeping up on you and smashing you in the back of the head. Incidents such as this are only going to become worse and more frequent as holder and his minions do their best to enable them.

TV is a lousy place to get advice, but I think those old cowboys were on to something when they sat with their back to a solid wall and facing the door. Bad mojo happens but at least it comes at them through their cone of awareness.
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Day really teachin' dat white boy who day is.

I'm glad you are/were a history/social studies teacher, because your ebonics needs a little work.

One of these days, one of your minority ex-students is going to catch up with you.

He may have been driving that truck, and you didn't even recognize him.
Originally Posted by RWE

One of these days, one of your minority ex-students is going to catch up with you.

I'm waiting for the day one of his Jewish students walks up to the front of the classroom and kicks him in the nuts.
Originally Posted by tjm10025
Originally Posted by RWE

I'm waiting for the day one of his Jewish students walks up to the front of the classroom and kicks him in the nuts matzah balls.
Originally Posted by mathman
Ditto - in spades...

Dats raciss

[Linked Image]
Beating up some white guys for their weed.

The libs keep saying no one needs high capacity magazines or "assault rifles" but the MSM keeps showing yes we may need one. Maybe several!!! smirk
I took my wife to a local branch bank location to make a deposit at a outside atm today. About 25yards from us at a bus stop about 10black male youths were jumping around.
It does make you think.
Seems like they arrested 12 Mau Mau's:

By Cox Media Group National Content Desk Arrests have been made in a violent mob attack at a Memphis grocery store that has generated outrage on social media.Almost a dozen teens ages 14 to 19 have been arrested and are facing aggravated riot and aggravated assault charges, according to the Knoxville News Sentinel.The incident took place Saturday night in the parking lot of a Kroger grocery store. In the raw video that has since gone viral, a large group of teenagers suddenly appear and swarm the parking lot, then grab a random man and beat him. When two store employees go to his aid, they are also attacked.According to police reports, the attackers used pumpkins weighing over 20 pounds to strike victims over the head. At least two victims lost consciousness.The police continue to investigate the incident. - See more at: http://www.whio.com/news/news/teens-arrested-brutal-attack-grocery-store/nhJkq/#sthash.NpNysSpV.dpuf
Originally Posted by 284LUVR
Originally Posted by 700LH

No nlggers, No crime.

Obama has truly implemented CHANGE.

+1
The Audacity of dopes.
Should have NEVER ended slavery.
Stuff like this is why I try to avoid cities at all costs.
Glad you and your family had no problems. That area has been a very dangerous area for several years and we only go there to see friends of ours that own the Ci Ci's, where the fight actually started. Then, we only go during the daylight. With all the hatred present here in Memphis it is surprising more of this doesn't take place. With a black population of 62% and unemployment so high, it's only a matter of time before this town explodes with racial tension. We've put our house up for sale...we've had this area and can't wait to get out of here.
Sad
But they have all of that.
© 24hourcampfire