Home
http://www.libertynews.com/2014/10/...-there-should-be-a-concern-video-report/
YGBFKM, W4B buddy.
Honestly, I almost hope this is the case because people need to come to a realization of just how incompetent the federal government is on so many levels. I swear, they'd %*#$^ up a wet dream.
Originally Posted by RobJordan
Honestly, I almost hope this is the case because people need to come to a realization of just how incompetent the federal government is on so many levels. I swear, they'd %*#$^ up a wet dream.
It doesn't strike me as incompetence. It strikes me as an intentional "turning off" of the normal safeguards associated with modern developed nations against such things.
This stuff is intentional at the highest levels of this government.
Yep. By design. Obama will not insult his homeland by slamming the door. What better way to further degrade and demoralize the evil US than by giving us a taste of what the poor hapless victims in Africa have to deal with.
This is what happens when we have liberals in the positions of government that they are.

They govern with emotions. No brain cells at all.
He ain't the last that will happen here, we ain't the only country where this is going to happen.

The second case is his brother who spent time in the same apartment. I would expect other family members will come down with it. This particular outbreak will be contained.

Folks can panic and/or b$tch if they want, wont change anything.

Birdwatcher

I agree that we should not be in panic mode, but dang it, we just can't whistle past the graveyard, and pretend a very serious threat is not amongst us.
10 years ago, if anyone had said that our own government was complicit in exposing Americans to harm, they would be locked up as crazy folks.
Now?...................
10 years ago, if anyone had said that our own government was complicit in exposing Americans to harm, they would be locked up as crazy folks.
Now?...................

I'll agree that nothing is too hard to believe about the bunch of USA-hating radicals now in office.

But seriously, what have they done in this case?

Not even such centralized authoritarian regimes such as Russia or China have yet announced travel restrictions.

Now I'm awaiting Perry's and the Texas government's response, betting it will be swift and sure to the extent of what actually works when containing a disease like this.

Birdwatcher

Originally Posted by BirdMan
But seriously, what have they done in this case?

Exactly. Nothing.
Exactly. Nothing.

We have committed manpower on the ground to help contain it at the source (SOMEBODY has to start somewhere), and you can bet every hospital in America is training their staff even as we speak.

IOW, stuff that might actually work.

Birdwatcher
Yeah, how did that extra training work out in Texas? They found out he had traveled from a hot spot to the US and then promptly sent him back home with a script for antibiotics.

You might be foolish enough to bet your life on .gov policy, but Crow isn't. No panic here, but mother Crow didn't raise any fools either.

HELICOPTER PILOTS ARE DIFFERENT

The thing is, helicopters are different from planes. An airplane by it's nature wants to fly, and if not interfered with too strongly by unusual events or by a deliberately incompetent pilot, it will fly. A helicopter does not want to fly. It is maintained in the air by a variety of forces and controls working in opposition to each other, and if there is any disturbance in this delicate balance the helicopter stops flying immediately and disastrously. There is no such thing as a gliding helicopter. This is why being a helicopter pilot is so different from being an airplane pilot and why, in general, airplane pilots are open, clear eyed, buoyant extroverts, and helicopter pilots are brooders, introspective anticipators of trouble. They know that if something bad has not happened, it is about to.

Harry Reasoner, February 16, 1971

While I might pick nits with Harry on a couple of small points, generally he is correct and I are one.

I see no reason for optimism on this. The trail of contact between the initial patient subsequent to symptom onset and his isolation is obviously significant. Symptoms while in close contact with family and ER staff. Who knows who else and where else? I hope my pessimism is baseless, but that will have to be demonstrated, not preached by mindless Pollyannas pushing bullchitt agendas for a morally corrupt political machine.
Birdwatcher, I seriously doubt any folks from Liberia or other place that is undergoing this epidemic, is traveling to Russia or China.
Even if they were, what are the chances you would know what travel restrictions were in place?
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/10/02/texas-ebola_n_5919522.html

WASHINGTON, Oct 2 (Reuters) - As many as 80 people were in contact with the Dallas Ebola patient at some point, Texas health officials told NBC, marking a significant jump from the 18 people authorities had said may have been exposed to the deadly virus.
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Birdwatcher, I seriously doubt any folks from Liberia or other place that is undergoing this epidemic, is traveling to Russia or China.
Even if they were, what are the chances you would know what travel restrictions were in place?

Saw in passing on the television that this guy came home via Brussels? No idea if other countries are checking connections or not.

Both Russia and China had travel bans trying to stop HIV. Both failed. Both denied for a long time that they had HIV in their country.

It made no difference then and it will make no difference now. The point is irrelevant.
Originally Posted by MILES58

Both Russia and China had travel bans trying to stop HIV. Both failed. Both denied for a long time that they had HIV in their country.

It made no difference then and it will make no difference now. The point is irrelevant.

Very strained comparisons and fantasy scenarios aside, the undeniable fact is that a ban on flights from Liberia would have prevented this Ebola out break in Texas.

America has an Ebola outbreak today, only, because the Obama Regime used the same conventional 'wisdom' that you are parroting as cover to allow a terrifyingly lethal African disease into America.
Originally Posted by Rovering

Very strained comparisons and fantasy scenarios aside, the undeniable fact is that a ban on flights from Liberia would have prevented this Ebola out break in Texas.

America has an Ebola outbreak today, only, because the Obama Regime used the same conventional 'wisdom' that you are parroting as cover to allow a terrifyingly lethal African disease into America.

Keep telling yourself that and you might believe it. That still doesn't mean there's even a grain of truth in it. It never has worked before and you've yet to provide even a single example of it ever working anywhere now have you?
But, but, but, but, .Gov said there was no real Danger.

I'm sure the [bleep] in Charge would LOVE to see a big outbreak in TX. Fuggin Govt.! mad
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Exactly. Nothing.

We have committed manpower on the ground to help contain it at the source (SOMEBODY has to start somewhere), and you can bet every hospital in America is training their staff even as we speak.

IOW, stuff that might actually work.

Birdwatcher

Wrong! my girlfriend is a nurse and they have received no training and they don't have enough of the protective gear for everyone!
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
But, but, but, but, .Gov said there was no real Danger.

I'm sure the [bleep] in Charge would LOVE to see a big outbreak in TX. Fuggin Govt.! mad

It would be a good excuse for Obama to declare Martial Law and himself Emperor for Life.
Do the math 1 person in contact of 80-100 depending on the news outlet, those 80-100 people have possibly contacted it, let's say 5%, those 5% had contact with another 80-100 people each and the fun goes on from there?

Heard on the news they quarantined 3 children in Dallas from school with Ebola like symptoms?
Originally Posted by Esox357
Do the math 1 person in contact of 80-100 depending on the news outlet, those 80-100 people have possibly contacted it, let's say 5%, those 5% had contact with another 80-100 people each and the fun goes on from there?

Heard on the news they quarantined 3 children in Dallas from school with Ebola like symptoms?

Waiting to see how many people in isolation it takes for the runs on the grocery stores to start.
Yep wondering that myself?
Originally Posted by Rovering

Keep telling yourself that and you might believe it. That still doesn't mean there's even a grain of truth in it. It never has worked before and you've yet to provide even a single example of it ever working anywhere now have you?

You are simply denying the indisputable facts of the case and parroting the proven failed conventional 'wisdom' that allowed Ebola into America. Duncan carrying Ebola flew on regular scheduled airline flights into Texas. Those flights could not have occurred under a flight restriction against flights out of Ebola countries in Africa. Duncan and Ebola would still be in Liberia not Texas.

No matter how tirelessly failed conventional 'wisdom' is parroted in denial of actual facts it cannot change those facts.
Hopefully I'm the only one that makes it. Then my dream will be reality.

Travis
Originally Posted by deflave
Hopefully I'm the only one that makes it. Then my dream will be reality.

Travis

Gonna be pretty lonely telling yourself to GF.
You must have amazing sex with yourself as well?
Originally Posted by NeBassman

WASHINGTON, Oct 2 (Reuters) - As many as 80 people were in contact with the Dallas Ebola patient at some point, Texas health officials told NBC, marking a significant jump from the 18 people authorities had said may have been exposed to the deadly virus.

The truth of reality is a lot different than Obama's reality. Truth is not a part of his world.
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by NeBassman

The truth of reality is a lot different than Obama's reality. Truth is not a part of his world.

Fuggin [bleep] wouldn't know truth if it jumped up and bit him in the AZZ.
© 24hourcampfire