Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

GB4

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
YGBFKM, W4B buddy.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Honestly, I almost hope this is the case because people need to come to a realization of just how incompetent the federal government is on so many levels. I swear, they'd %*#$^ up a wet dream.

Communists: I still hate them even after they changed their name to "liberals".

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by RobJordan
Honestly, I almost hope this is the case because people need to come to a realization of just how incompetent the federal government is on so many levels. I swear, they'd %*#$^ up a wet dream.
It doesn't strike me as incompetence. It strikes me as an intentional "turning off" of the normal safeguards associated with modern developed nations against such things.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
This stuff is intentional at the highest levels of this government.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
IC B2

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Yep. By design. Obama will not insult his homeland by slamming the door. What better way to further degrade and demoralize the evil US than by giving us a taste of what the poor hapless victims in Africa have to deal with.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
This is what happens when we have liberals in the positions of government that they are.

They govern with emotions. No brain cells at all.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
He ain't the last that will happen here, we ain't the only country where this is going to happen.

The second case is his brother who spent time in the same apartment. I would expect other family members will come down with it. This particular outbreak will be contained.

Folks can panic and/or b$tch if they want, wont change anything.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I agree that we should not be in panic mode, but dang it, we just can't whistle past the graveyard, and pretend a very serious threat is not amongst us.
10 years ago, if anyone had said that our own government was complicit in exposing Americans to harm, they would be locked up as crazy folks.
Now?...................

Sam......

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
10 years ago, if anyone had said that our own government was complicit in exposing Americans to harm, they would be locked up as crazy folks.
Now?...................

I'll agree that nothing is too hard to believe about the bunch of USA-hating radicals now in office.

But seriously, what have they done in this case?

Not even such centralized authoritarian regimes such as Russia or China have yet announced travel restrictions.

Now I'm awaiting Perry's and the Texas government's response, betting it will be swift and sure to the extent of what actually works when containing a disease like this.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
IC B3

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by BirdMan
But seriously, what have they done in this case?

Exactly. Nothing.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Exactly. Nothing.

We have committed manpower on the ground to help contain it at the source (SOMEBODY has to start somewhere), and you can bet every hospital in America is training their staff even as we speak.

IOW, stuff that might actually work.

Birdwatcher

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Yeah, how did that extra training work out in Texas? They found out he had traveled from a hot spot to the US and then promptly sent him back home with a script for antibiotics.

You might be foolish enough to bet your life on .gov policy, but Crow isn't. No panic here, but mother Crow didn't raise any fools either.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
HELICOPTER PILOTS ARE DIFFERENT

The thing is, helicopters are different from planes. An airplane by it's nature wants to fly, and if not interfered with too strongly by unusual events or by a deliberately incompetent pilot, it will fly. A helicopter does not want to fly. It is maintained in the air by a variety of forces and controls working in opposition to each other, and if there is any disturbance in this delicate balance the helicopter stops flying immediately and disastrously. There is no such thing as a gliding helicopter. This is why being a helicopter pilot is so different from being an airplane pilot and why, in general, airplane pilots are open, clear eyed, buoyant extroverts, and helicopter pilots are brooders, introspective anticipators of trouble. They know that if something bad has not happened, it is about to.

Harry Reasoner, February 16, 1971

While I might pick nits with Harry on a couple of small points, generally he is correct and I are one.

I see no reason for optimism on this. The trail of contact between the initial patient subsequent to symptom onset and his isolation is obviously significant. Symptoms while in close contact with family and ER staff. Who knows who else and where else? I hope my pessimism is baseless, but that will have to be demonstrated, not preached by mindless Pollyannas pushing bullchitt agendas for a morally corrupt political machine.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Birdwatcher, I seriously doubt any folks from Liberia or other place that is undergoing this epidemic, is traveling to Russia or China.
Even if they were, what are the chances you would know what travel restrictions were in place?

Sam......

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/10/02/texas-ebola_n_5919522.html

WASHINGTON, Oct 2 (Reuters) - As many as 80 people were in contact with the Dallas Ebola patient at some point, Texas health officials told NBC, marking a significant jump from the 18 people authorities had said may have been exposed to the deadly virus.

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence". John Adams

"A dishonest man can always be trusted to be dishonest". Captain Jack Sparrow
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Birdwatcher, I seriously doubt any folks from Liberia or other place that is undergoing this epidemic, is traveling to Russia or China.
Even if they were, what are the chances you would know what travel restrictions were in place?

Saw in passing on the television that this guy came home via Brussels? No idea if other countries are checking connections or not.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M

Both Russia and China had travel bans trying to stop HIV. Both failed. Both denied for a long time that they had HIV in their country.

It made no difference then and it will make no difference now. The point is irrelevant.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by MILES58

Both Russia and China had travel bans trying to stop HIV. Both failed. Both denied for a long time that they had HIV in their country.

It made no difference then and it will make no difference now. The point is irrelevant.

Very strained comparisons and fantasy scenarios aside, the undeniable fact is that a ban on flights from Liberia would have prevented this Ebola out break in Texas.

America has an Ebola outbreak today, only, because the Obama Regime used the same conventional 'wisdom' that you are parroting as cover to allow a terrifyingly lethal African disease into America.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Rovering
Originally Posted by MILES58

Very strained comparisons and fantasy scenarios aside, the undeniable fact is that a ban on flights from Liberia would have prevented this Ebola out break in Texas.

America has an Ebola outbreak today, only, because the Obama Regime used the same conventional 'wisdom' that you are parroting as cover to allow a terrifyingly lethal African disease into America.

Keep telling yourself that and you might believe it. That still doesn't mean there's even a grain of truth in it. It never has worked before and you've yet to provide even a single example of it ever working anywhere now have you?

Last edited by MILES58; 10/02/14.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

74 members (300_savage, 3dtestify, 1_deuce, 10gaugemag, 808outdoors, 44automag, 8 invisible), 1,195 guests, and 737 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,994
Posts18,481,133
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.