Home
Bought a $60 boat compass he advertised as new-in-box. It arrived with large air bubble and scuffs on the once clear dome. Upon returning it to seller, he told me to try to get my refund from PayPal. Now he has both my money and the defective compass.

Following is our unedited (except for name and phone) PM conversation.

(Pal) "I'll take it. Please provide payment info. thanks, (name & phone#)"
(Mac1978) "Hey (name), you ok with paypal?"
(P)) "Sure. What's your PayPal address?"
(M) "xxxxxx--send it as a gift if you don't mind, and I'll get it in the mail tomorrow. What's the shipping address? Thanks, Mac"
(P) "Actually I'd rather not claim that it is a gift."
(M) "Thats fine, im not going to be like one of these morons and cry about 2 bucks"
(P) "PayPal sent. Please ship to: xxxx thanks"
(M) "Its on the way"
(P) "Good man. I'll let you know when it arrives. And I will leave feedback for you."
(M) "Sounds good. Im out of town and had the wife pack and ship it. She usually does a good job, but i have no clue how she sent it. Probably next day air just to piss me off! Haha"
----
(P) "Oh man, I wish you had told me there was a bubble in it."
(M) "A bubble? There was nothing wrong with it. Just send it back, and I'll refund your money."
(M) "I'd buy that compass for 60$ any day.... Send it back, I'd love to have it"
(P) "Thank you. Please provide a return address. The paper wrapper was discarded."
(M) "xxxx I'll issue a refund when it arrives in the same condition that it was shipped in. I'm interested in seeing this "bubble"
(M) "xxxx I spoke with paypal, and they asked me to have you send me photos of the damage before you send it that I could compare with the photos I have of the condition it was in when it was shipped. I just found the detailed photos that I took of it that show the compass fluid and card in new condition."
(P) "Oh boy. PayPal told you to have me photograph it? OK, I'll take photos of the bubble. Also of the bruising on the glass dome. Never figured I'd have such a hassle with a fellow member."
(M) "Yes, they sure did. And obviously by my photos it left in new un damaged condition. So, in order for me to protect myself from refunding money for something that either the shipper or the purchaser damaged PayPal suggested you send photos. Now with all of that cleared up, I would appreciate it if we could drop the childish tone about "hassles" . As far as the "members" of this fine association go....I buy a lot of toys, and the three times that I have been burned were on here. Trust me, I have much more important things to do than to try to bone you out of a 60$ compass for [bleep] sake."
(P) "You have cost me an hour of my life by misrepresenting this compass. So please drop the name calling and vulgarity. It has been returned to the address you provided by USPS, tracking #
9534 6110 6554 4284 4207 39 at a cost to me of $13.38. Attached is a photo which shows the bubble. Below it can be seen two of the worst scuffs in the plastic dome.
[Linked Image]
(M) "I can 100% assure you that that was not there when it was shipped,so if it was damaged in shipping, the packaging will reflect as such. Thanks for a pleasant transaction, have a wonderful day!"
(M) "I can 100% assure you that that was not there when it was shipped,so if it was damaged in shipping, the packaging will reflect as such. Thanks for a pleasant transaction, have a wonderful day!"
(note: duplicate post just as it appeared.)
(P) "USPS tracking shows that you received this yesterday."
(M) "I'm out of town till monday"
(M) "Wife just opened it up and sent photos. It was absolutely not in that condition when it was shipped. I have spoken with PayPal again this morning to try to file a case, but they advise that only a buyer can do so. You should call PayPal and open a claim so that this can be taken care of"
(P) "Hard for me to believe that a fellow member would be so unscrupulous as to cheat me over a $60 purchase. I will take this up with PayPal. And I intend to expose you for the fraud you are, here, on the 'fire."
(M) "I tried to resolve this in a friendly way with you. Even your handwriting suggests an unsteady hand. Do as you wish, im not too concerned with my image on an internet forum full of losers. I do have to believe that you are the cheat on this one."

Original ad.
http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/9201062/Ritchie_HB71_Compass

Beware doing business with this unscrupulous seller.
This should be posted in the Free Classifieds.
Originally Posted by TNrifleman

Where he will promptly be vilified for taking it public and excoriated for making such a fuss over an amount of money that is considered inconsequential by the righteous mob.
I see a Compass,...where is the ass-shot bear..?
Bring on the girls.
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Originally Posted by TNrifleman

Where he will promptly be vilified for taking it public and excoriated for making such a fuss over an amount of money that is considered inconsequential by the righteous mob.

True enough, sir.
might as well do it here in the campfire forum. We could use a shot of raw, unmitigated drama.
You are not the only one who has had issues with Mac1978. I have had him on ignore because of another member here who was burned by him. I only put people on ignore when someone has been burned, i think it's a good way to keep me from making a mistake.
Ahhhhhhh, the plot thickens. smirk
Pretty simple concept here, customer isn't happy, item arrived damaged. Customer sends item back and seller refunds the money, should be the end of the story.

Involving a third party like paypal and using them as a reason to be a schithead pure bullschit.
mac1978's wife should have something for sale soon...
And don't forget, he's also " not too concerned with my image on an internet forum full of losers."

Doesn't sound like a very good seller to me, if that's what he thinks of the membership here.

As Flave would say......Mac1978 can GFY. grin
Originally Posted by RickyD
Ahhhhhhh, the plot thickens. smirk

What would you expect being were all a Bunch of "losers"?
Originally Posted by rem141r
mac1978's wife should have something for sale soon...

smile
Originally Posted by Jahrs
You are not the only one who has had issues with Mac1978. I have had him on ignore because of another member here who was burned by him. I only put people on ignore when someone has been burned, i think it's a good way to keep me from making a mistake.

That's and excellent idea.

Greg
This is the way internet cons do their business. When caught, they say "the wife shipped it"...always. They're never available to ship/receive items. They start to deflect from their con and blame shippers/wives.

This guy is Classic of the several who have burned me over the years and of cons in general. They'll stall as long as they can, then resort to getting pushy and belittling.

Don't feel too bad. I was victim of the same scenario, only that thief took me for $600.00.
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
And don't forget, he's also " not too concerned with my image on an internet forum full of losers."

Doesn't sound like a very good seller to me, if that's what he thinks of the membership here.

As Flave would say......Mac1978 can GFY. grin

Sounds like a TOOL to me.
it doesn't even look like the compass picture in the original ad photo,does it?
pal has always been a class act; got to think this mac guy is the shet. Mac on ignore just so I don't do business with him by mistake.
pointing out facts, draw your own conclusions...

Mac1978 has posted strictly in the Classifieds except 5 posts on one topic at Classifieds Etiquette... he had the last post on that 5 page thread, and here is what he had to say:

People suck. However, it is awesome that there are public forums to prove your stupidity without doubt.

Draw your conclusions about his character....I have..

PAL is well known enough, I have no question about his character.. and it certainly isn't negative...

Originally Posted by fluffy
it doesn't even look like the compass picture in the original ad photo,does it?

Wondering about that myself.

Pal, is there a removable "Binnacle" type shroud that you left off in your photo ?

The one in the original add damn sure has one.

GTC
The first warning should have been him asking for send it Pay Pal "gift" If he's willing to cheat Pay Pal what's to say he won't cheat you? I was going to buy something from someone on her and when he requested it be sent as a "gift" I refused to buy from him and told him why. He got all upset but I refuse to buy from someone who want's payment sent as a gift.
Funny, I went to the link, and lo and behold I already had Mac1978 on ignore.
My way of reminding myself who not to buy from. Guess it works.
Originally Posted by reelman
The first warning should have been him asking for send it Pay Pal "gift" If he's willing to cheat Pay Pal what's to say he won't cheat you? I was going to buy something from someone on her and when he requested it be sent as a "gift" I refused to buy from him and told him why. He got all upset but I refuse to buy from someone who want's payment sent as a gift.

I thought it was customary to send it as a gift so as not to pay fees. I generally request it that way and it's generally requested of me. I've never viewed it as a sign of trying to screw someone.
[Linked Image]
Pal dropped it,and tried to cause a stink. You guys want to see his handwriting? He's as shaky as a [bleep] eating a hot dog. I tried to be civil about it, but he wanted to insist I screwed him. It is what it is
In the original ad the binnacle light shroud has been pivoted up from its normal position, perhaps covering the bubble. In my photo the shroud is, down, in its normal position.
Originally Posted by Mac1978
Pal dropped it,and tried to cause a stink. You guys want to see his handwriting? He's as shaky as a [bleep] eating a hot dog. I tried to be civil about it, but he wanted to insist I screwed him. It is what it is

Why are you calling us all losers? Two or maybe three of us aren't.
Originally Posted by huntinaz

I thought it was customary to send it as a gift so as not to pay fees. I generally request it that way and it's generally requested of me. I've never viewed it as a sign of trying to screw someone.

i see that end of this the same way....

so most doctors aint worth chit then? aint for paypal to refund its on you, you got the money.....
Pal dropped it,and tried to cause a stink.

Can you prove that?
Originally Posted by Fireball2

Why are you calling us all losers?

Because you are a loser. And I think you are a bi-polar loser as well.
It's funny how you chime in here like you are an actual stand up member of the Campfire.
Originally Posted by pal
In the original ad the binnacle light shroud has been pivoted up from its normal position, perhaps covering the bubble. In my photo the shroud is, down, in its normal position.

Got it, thanks, Se�or.

GTC

The idea is that if someone is willing to lie to PayPal and steal from them, then they probably should not be trusted. PayPal's terms of use include higher fees to transfer money for commerce than to transfer money as a gift. No one can use PayPal without agreeing to those terms so to violate them reveals that a person is both a liar and a thief.
Originally Posted by Seafire
pointing out facts, draw your own conclusions...

Mac1978 has posted strictly in the Classifieds except 5 posts on one topic at Classifieds Etiquette... he had the last post on that 5 page thread, and here is what he had to say:

People suck. However, it is awesome that there are public forums to prove your stupidity without doubt.

Draw your conclusions about his character....I have..

PAL is well known enough, I have no question about his character.. and it certainly isn't negative...

pal has always been a class act stand up guy here.

Me either. Paypal is the one screwing us over. God knows they have taken way more than their share from me over the years when buying/selling on ebay. Since we should be friends here (classifieds rather), that's how I pay and expect to be paid..
Originally Posted by achadwick

The idea is that if someone is willing to lie to PayPal and steal from them, then they probably should not be trusted. PayPal's terms of use include higher fees to transfer money for commerce than to transfer money as a gift. No one can use PayPal without agreeing to those terms so to violate them reveals that a person is both a liar and a thief.

paypal also wont let yah use them for much related to guns and have been known to delete an account and steal a persons funds for no reason, happened to a good friend of mine who isnt a gun guy and never violated their rules....dont have much heartburn over people going around their rules like the above....

paypal bends us over. Think what you will, but amongst friends here. We should pay and get paid as friends..
...Why are you calling us all losers? Two or maybe three of us aren't.

smile

Who are you calling "us"?
Pal dropped it,and tried to cause a stink.

No he didn't. I've been a member of this board for 12 years and I know who the schitt heads are, you know, schittheads like you. Pal is an honest guy and easy to get along with. I've never heard anyone criticize him until...now.

Great post.
Originally Posted by BrotherBart

It's funny how you chime in here like you are an actual stand up member of the Campfire.

Whatever bud. I'm just a guy that you can't put in a box and it drives you nuts. You take yourself way too seriously.
Yes it is a good post. whistle

...and I'll stand up with Fireball any time. wink

Whatever bud. I'm just a guy that you can't put in a box and it drives you nuts. You take yourself way too seriously.

I can't be put in a box? That's nuttier than squirrel $hit.
You don't know anything about me except what I've allowed you to know.
Remember when you PM'd me asking for "peace in our time"? You blew that like twenty dollar whore... You... Not me.
And I still think it's funny,that you think you have earned enough respect, to be insulted by a Free Classifieds jab.
You're a tool... And a damned small one at that.

I can't be put in a box? That's nuttier than squirrel $hit.
You don't know anything about me except what I've allowed you to know.
Remember when you PM'd me asking for "peace in our time"? You blew that like twenty dollar whore... You... Not me.
And I still think it's funny,that you think you have earned enough respect, to be insulted by a Free Classifieds jab.
You're a tool... And a damned small one at that.

Like I said, you take yourself way too seriously. Maybe it's the alcohol talking.
Think what you will, but amongst friends here. We should pay and get paid as friends..

If that were true, this thread wouldn't exist

Like I said, you take yourself way too seriously. Maybe it's the alcohol talking.

And maybe(not really)you just don't have the mental shrewdness to come up with something other than the booze come back. Tell me how much I've had to drink. You think that you are smarter than the average bear. Tell me... How much have I had to drink?
If,you telling me,that I take myself too seriously and accusing me of being a drunk is all you have... It's pitiful.
I don't need to point anything else out about you... You've done enough on your own.

And maybe(not really)you just don't have the mental shrewdness to come up with something other than the booze come back. Tell me how much I've had to drink. You think that you are smarter than the average bear. Tell me... How much have I had to drink?
If,you telling me,that I take myself too seriously and accusing me of being a drunk is all you have... It's pitiful.
I don't need to point anything else out about you... You've done enough on your own.

Dude, relax. Gawd, I bet you're a handful at home.
Brother fart is a phugging nut case. I think he's a total tool and probably a raging alcoholic. The only social life he forms are on the internet. Classic loser in life.
Originally Posted by okok
Brother fart is a phugging nut case. I think he's a total tool and probably a raging alcoholic. The only social life he forms are on the internet. Classic loser in life.

You need to quit thinking because you're wrong and you're not good at it.
I was at a Campfire get together this past weekend. Why don't you see if you can figure out who was in attendance and ask them if I'm a raging alcoholic? Nevermind... You're not capable... Of anything... I sure hope you don't have any kids. There's enough idiots in the gene pool.
You and your new assclown friend are nothing more than a couple of stinking turds that will eventually dry up and be blown away. The Campfire has done a pretty good job of policing ourselves and $hittbags like you will leave eventually.
And I've never met a loser in life that owns a ranch and is debt free.
But you are too stupid to figure that out.
I bet you're a handful at home.

I'll take that bet and raise you an opportunity to leave the Campfire forever.
You really need to stop thinking that whatever you say matters.

Bingo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mac1978 seemed like a douchenozzle from the get go. Put him on ignore pretty much immediately........
mac1978 on ignore now.
First complaint from the buyer - it has a bubble in it. ANY glycerine or fluid filled gauge will have a bubble in it. That is due to expansion and contraction of the case, bezel and glass during heat and cold.

And it was overpriced to my mind from the get go. I wouldn't have forked more than $25 for it.

Case of a greedy crooked seller and naive buyer.
You guys want to see his handwriting? He's as shaky as a [bleep] eating a hot dog.

Tells us enough about your character that we need to know.

You guys are awesome!
[Linked Image]

Just for fun, here's a photo in the returned condition showing the bubble with the shroud up.
[Linked Image]

Just for fun, here's a photo in the returned condition showing the bubble with the shroud up.

The buyer was unhappy with the product, so the proper thing and refund the money and move on with life. And don't do business with PAL if you choose not to in the future, but all you're succeeding in doing now is showing everyone else that you're a complete and total fugghead

Democrats always resort to shouting and character assassination too. I'm sure it's just a coincidence.
[Linked Image]

Anyone who will go this far to screw someone out of 60 bucks, just shows how much they consider their name and integrity is worth.

What does this mean?

Travis
[Linked Image]

Anyone who will go this far to screw someone out of 60 bucks, just shows how much they consider their name and integrity is worth.

Thats precisely what I was thinking. However, none of you geniuses seem to catch the drift that it was handled properly by filing a claim,and his money was returned to him. By choosing to use PayPal, he had buyer protection.You guys are all pretty quick to jump on the bandwagon and go to war... I guess if I spent most of my free time plugging away on an internet forum with imaginary friends,I might be a goober like that, too.
He didn't purchase anything from Paypal, chickenshiet way to handle things.

Of course I NEVER do anything with Paypal.
67000 Internet forum posts...obviously you wouldn't use PayPal,or understand much of anything for that matter
Yeah, I've sure my past 12 years have paled compared to yours.
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Yeah, I've sure my past 12 years have paled compared to yours.

My last 12 have been pretty good too

Snake
However, none of you geniuses seem to catch the drift that it was handled properly by filing a claim,and his money was returned to him. By choosing to use PayPal, he had buyer protection.

I guess it's a good thing he decided NOT to send payment as a gift???
I'm sure he prefers his gifts via a glory hole.
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner
However, none of you geniuses seem to catch the drift that it was handled properly by filing a claim,and his money was returned to him. By choosing to use PayPal, he had buyer protection.

I thought about that,too. Maybe he did a bait and switch and sent me a different one back, and that's why he wouldn't show it as a gift.

...and you're keeping his compass, and he's out the return shipping. he really came out smelling like a rose. You handled the situation well. Did you sell insurance by any chance?
Originally Posted by deflave

What does this mean?
Travis

I was afraid to ask myself. I'm sure I did something heinous in Brothers little world.
Texans are almost as dumb as Oregonians. But twice as emotional.

Travis

I thought about that,too. Maybe he did a bait and switch and sent me a different one back, and that's why he wouldn't show it as a gift.

You've already shown yourself to be a classless tool by trying to rip off a valued member.

I find it kind of ironic that your calling all the members here losers when the only loser in this whole thread is you. Good luck trying to sell anything else on this site.
Dude, thats a schitty way to do business. I sold $120 worth of bullets and either due to USPS schitty handling, or my judgement of their shipping containers, plus a a thief in the system somewhere, the buyer was out the money. I bitched....at the USPS, but it wasnt the sellers fault. I didnt flinch....sent $120 back pronto to the buyer. It was the RIGHT thing to do.

When I ship something out, its on me until it gets in the hands of the buyer. If it gets phuggged up in shipping, though its not my fault, its on ME, because I have the ability to get my money back through the shipper, not the buyer.

It sucks when a sale doesnt go well, but unless the buyer intentionally screwed with the product, its on YOU the seller. Damn...$60 and you piss everyone off? Was it worth it? Because of financial timing issues, I didnt eat for a day just to make sure the buyer got his $120 back. I dont know your situation, but I believe you coulda pulled $60 outta your ass just to save face. He bought it from you, not paypal.

Travis

Whatever.
Originally Posted by mtnman1

...and you're keeping his compass, and he's out the return shipping. he really came out smelling like a rose. You handled the situation well. Did you sell insurance by any chance?

Or possibly in reality... I got my compass back damaged,he got his money back, and NOONE EVER THOUGHT THERE MAY BE TWO SIDES TO THE STORY, OR A SOLUTION TO THE PROBLEM! Carry on, geniuses
Travis was wrong on the emotional part too.
Originally Posted by pahick
Dude, thats a schitty way to do business. I sold $120 worth of bullets and either due to USPS schitty handling, or my judgement of their shipping containers, plus a a thief in the system somewhere, the buyer was out the money. I bitched....at the USPS, but it wasnt the sellers fault. I didnt flinch....sent $120 back pronto to the buyer. It was the RIGHT thing to do.

When I ship something out, its on me until it gets in the hands of the buyer. If it gets phuggged up in shipping, though its not my fault, its on ME, because I have the ability to get my money back through the shipper, not the buyer.

It sucks when a sale doesnt go well, but unless the buyer intentionally screwed with the product, its on YOU the seller. Damn...$60 and you piss everyone off? Was it worth it? Because of financial timing issues, I didnt eat for a day just to make sure the buyer got his $120 back. I dont know your situation, but I believe you coulda pulled $60 outta your ass just to save face. He bought it from you, not paypal.

I had the exact thing happen with $200 worth of bullets I sent that were stolen or lost. I didn't insure it, so I sent the buyer his money back on his word that they didn't arrive. Sucked for everyone, unless he lied.

Travis

Everything is bigger in Texas

wink

Snake

I had the exact thing happen with $200 worth of bullets I sent that were stolen or lost. I didn't insure it, so I sent the buyer his money back on his word that they didn't arrive. Sucked for everyone, unless he lied.

Doesnt matter if he lied, if you'd have put insurance on it. I dont know about you, but I insure everything. You trust a shipper? I dont.
http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/7824512/1

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...430/Re_WTB_Ruger_quarter_rib#Post7825430
I agree. It was my mistake not to insure it, so he got his money back. That one hurt too, at that time I had $280 to my name and I sent him back $200.

No...YOU were the one who originally requested payment be sent as a "gift"... that in itself tells me a lot.
It amazes me that they allow you guys to sit on juries and vote😳
You guys are pretty easy to make fun of
If anyone questions how Mac1978 views the fire and the members here's a gem I found ...

Safari... Im only here to buy things for less than they are worth and for the occasional satisfaction of sticking my finger in the eye of a moron. I make no bones about this. I dont subscribe to the internet friend theory, I actually have a life.

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/8757782/Re_22_Ammo#Post8757782
You mean you spent all morning reading my old posts to find an offensive statement? Heck, I would have saved you the trouble and just made a new one,dork.

Or possibly in reality... I got my compass back damaged,he got his money back, and NOONE EVER THOUGHT THERE MAY BE TWO SIDES TO THE STORY, OR A SOLUTION TO THE PROBLEM! Carry on, geniuses

Wow, a real live train wreck in action.
Who needs Comedy Central???Its here for free!!!
I thought I was the only one that thought this was funny
I don't recall ever seeing a low priced compass without a bubble in it.
Mac 1978 is a liar. I have not received any money back. I am still out $73.38, the $60 purchase price plus $13.38 return shipping.
Originally Posted by pal
Mac 1978 is a liar. I have not received any money back. I am still out $73.38, the $60 purchase price plus $13.38 return shipping.

Don't doubt you a bit pal...Sorry about your loss. Maybe file a complaint with Paypal??? They might review his transactions & bill him for other "gifts"...
Oh, I think if you'll check you'll see that you're all squared away. I sent you some extra to cover that shipping, cause you obviously need it a lot more than I do.
Originally Posted by Reloder28

Won't find a high priced one without either.
Just this moment received an email from PayPal saying:

"We have concluded our investigation into your case and have decided in your
favor

We were able to recover $60.00 USD and this amount has been credited to
you. Please allow five business days for this adjustment to be posted.

If you are due any additional funds, we will make our best effort to
recover the balance from the seller.

If the seller's account has insufficient funds to complete the refund owed
to you, please be assured that we will take appropriate action against the
seller's account, which may include limitation of the seller's account
privileges."

So I will only be out the return shipping to this POS.
Oh, I think if you'll check you'll see that you're all squared away. I sent you some extra to cover that shipping, cause you obviously need it a lot more than I do.

Youre a real ffucckin dick aintcha? That says everything right there.
Read above statement about the shipping. Yes, I sure am. But an ethical one that is not a liar and a cheat.
... Yes, I sure am. But an ethical one that is not a liar and a cheat.

In youre own small mind. SS, Safariman Syndrome, more contagious than Ebola
Just received another email that the shipping has also been refunded. So PayPal did a good job going after this POS.

Beware forever doing business with Mac1978, unfit to be a 'fire member.
I knew I had you on ignore for a reason..
Is the compass still for sale? laugh
Read above statement about the shipping. Yes, I sure am. But an ethical one that is not a liar and a cheat.

Yep...it was really ethical to try & stiff paypal of their fee.
You can try to justify that all you want, but it is what it is.
Actually that 14.78 I sent was my idea. I called PayPal to try to get this whole thing sped up. The lady said" why in the world are you going to give him money for shipping?" I simply replied that it would give me something to laugh about, and it was worth more than that in entertainment value. Once again, poor communication and a "shoot first ask questions later" approach by one of these "sportsmen" has created chaos. Do you guys ever look around and question why things turn out the way they do, or is that beyond your mindset?
You could avoided everything if you were to refund the $60 in the first place. Look around yourself and see why this turned out the way it did.

Some people are too phugging stupid to know they are stupid, you fit the mold.
Originally Posted by Colo_Wolf
Originally Posted by Reloder28

Won't find a high priced one without either.

Not sure what to make of those comments..I've owned several modestly priced liquid filled compasses, plus one or two expensive ones and none had bubbles when bought..

I've read somewhere that a change in altitude and induce a bubble to form, but after flying with a couple in my kit over the years, I can't say I've seen it happen..

When (if) a compass does develop of bubble, I generally bin it and then replace...
Actually that 14.78 I sent was my idea. I called PayPal to try to get this whole thing sped up. The lady said" why in the world are you going to give him money for shipping?" I simply replied that it would give me something to laugh about, and it was worth more than that in entertainment value. Once again, poor communication and a "shoot first ask questions later" approach by one of these "sportsmen" has created chaos. Do you guys ever look around and question why things turn out the way they do, or is that beyond your mindset?

Are you related to Safariman by chance?

How many shovels do you wear out in a year? confused

Keep digging. grin
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Travis was wrong on the emotional part too.

Could be a tie.... grin

Travis
Originally Posted by heavywalker
You could avoided everything if you were to refund the $60 in the first place. Look around yourself and see why this turned out the way it did.

Some people are too phugging stupid to know they are stupid, you fit the mold.

Let me get my crayon back out to draw the picture again. I shipped item in perfect condition....it came back with a bubble....why would I be interested in saying "hey,thanks for braking my toy and sending it back, here's all your money" why? Because I'm not retarded. Why not say " hey, maybe there's a solution and a reason this got damaged in transit or after opening" it has been my experience by seeing manipulative people (liars) that they instantly begin to accuse and blame others instead of finding a solution. it has also been my observation that stupid people are quick to jump on a passing bandwagon just because, well, they're stupid. See local sports,politics,new country music, etc.
It really is a simple concept that you fail to grasp. You are a seller, and as part of being a seller of an item on an internet forum you are responsible for the item that you ship until it arrives in acceptable condition in the buyers possession. If he is happy with the condition the sale is final and you can move on.

Up until that point it is up to you to protect yourself from damage that occurs before the item is in his possession. This is accomplished by insuring the item for the proper amount. If the item arrives damaged and the buyer is not happy with the condition then it is up to you to refund his money and up to you to recoup your loss from the insurance that you should have purchased on the item. If you didn't purchase insurance then it is your stupidity that caused you financial loss, not that of the buyer.

You can put that crayon back in your pocket protector champ, you are in fact quite retarded, and the fact that you don't see it is too funny on multiple levels. There was a solution, refund the money and have the buyer ship you your item back that you failed to pack properly resulting in damage. wink
If ever there was an epic fail on this site, this has to be right at the top.

Mac'nCheese1978, your reputation is done here, good luck trying to sell anything on this site again.
Dude, you must just be drooling freaking stupid. If it was damaged in shipping,that would have been an option. The fact that he was just adimant that I was a scoundrel and had sold damaged goods leads me to believe that it was damaged in his possession. Even trying to communicate with some of you guys is painful
Everything you have said here has led me to believe that you are a fugging moron. You keep flying that idiot flag high and proud okay princess.

The only good thing about this is that you are out the money and the compass is broken. Could not have ended better.
Dude, you must just be drooling freaking stupid. If it was damaged in shipping,that would have been an option. The fact that he was just adimant that I was a scoundrel and had sold damaged goods leads me to believe that it was damaged in his possession. Even trying to communicate with some of you guys is painful

I have no dog in this fight but this statement from the original communication with Pal sure looks like a blanket CYA statement to me:

(M)"Sounds good. Im out of town and had the wife pack and ship it. She usually does a good job, but i have no clue how she sent it."

wink
I'm not familiar with paypal or how it handles issues,

setting aside "the gift" thing that I don't understand,

if Mac was resolute that he did not ship a compass with a bubble and for whatever reason the bubble formed between the time he packaged it and Pal received it - lets say the UPS man punted it across the truck - if Paypal demands that Pal follow up with the damage claim for insurance or whatever, then I don't see the big deal in Mac asking Pal to contact Paypal and at least attempt to solve it thru them - with the caveat that if he doesn't get satisfaction from Paypal, he'll immediately refund the money.

I know that isn't how this played out from what I've read, but it seems it tried to go that way for a brief period of time.

I would hate to be out $74 because the UPS man dropped a box of hammers on my compass I shipped if there was recourse with insurance.
Reinforces my reasons for never buying anything in the Classifieds from folks who only post in the Classifieds.
Funniest part of the whole story is paypal made you pay... BUYER PROTECTION does appear to have worked. spin it anyway you want, but end result is even paypal decided you're wrong. That's right, the entire company voted and decided you were wrong. They probably even got together and called you a phucstik after they got off the phone and you had to pay. SCORE ONE FOR PAYPAL.
No, no, no, it couldn't have been damaged in shipment, Mac thinks Pal dropped it... try to keep up grin
For the record, the compass had been packed in only its retail box, with 2 small pieces of bubble wrap, and only a brown paper wrapping on the outside. The retail box was old and badly water-stained in one area, obviously from years prior. But there was no sign whatsoever of any shipping damage or recent leaking.

The once-clear plastic dome had bruising over much of its exterior, due to age--it was shopworn as if it had been handled many times, on display, over a period of many years.
I think I got it figgered out..

Mac1978 bought a new compass, many years ago, saved the box and when it developed a bubble he decided to off it in the classifieds. Since he still had the original box he thought he could get away with selling as "new".

grin

Is anyone interested in buying a near mint 2003 Chevy Avalanche, with mostly highway use. And a scant 203,000 miles?
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Is anyone interested in buying a near mint 2003 Chevy Avalanche, with mostly highway use. And a scant 203,000 miles?

Does it have a compass on the dash?
It can for only $74, but comes with a bubble in it.
No, but i can probably buy a new used one from the classifieds and include it
It can for only $74, but comes with a bubble in it.

laugh
It really is a simple concept that you fail to grasp. You are a seller, and as part of being a seller of an item on an internet forum you are responsible for the item that you ship until it arrives in acceptable condition in the buyers possession. If he is happy with the condition the sale is final and you can move on.

Up until that point it is up to you to protect yourself from damage that occurs before the item is in his possession. This is accomplished by insuring the item for the proper amount. If the item arrives damaged and the buyer is not happy with the condition then it is up to you to refund his money and up to you to recoup your loss from the insurance that you should have purchased on the item. If you didn't purchase insurance then it is your stupidity that caused you financial loss, not that of the buyer.

You can put that crayon back in your pocket protector champ, you are in fact quite retarded, and the fact that you don't see it is too funny on multiple levels. There was a solution, refund the money and have the buyer ship you your item back that you failed to pack properly resulting in damage. wink

I have to take issue with this; there's lots of mentally handicapped that are honest.mac is not.
The mac guy gave Pal the weasel treatment from the start: "oh the wife packed it, she's usually pretty good -(not always mind you but usually..}, then the personal attacks on Pal- who has always been an up standing guy.

Heres the deal mac. It is on you to deliver the product as advertised. Quite frankly, from the weasel language in your emails, you knew you were not. Refund the purchase price plus shipping both ways, then and only then have you done the right thing.

We need a sticky in the classifieds to protect members against this kind.
https://www.ritchienavigation.com/media/102503/Introduction.pdf

This is the Richie owners manual, it tells you how to remove the bubble. Sounds pretty simple.

If it were yellow I'd be interested!
Not sure what to make of those comments..I've owned several modestly priced liquid filled compasses, plus one or two expensive ones and none had bubbles when bought..

I've read somewhere that a change in altitude and induce a bubble to form, but after flying with a couple in my kit over the years, I can't say I've seen it happen..

When (if) a compass does develop of bubble, I generally bin it and then replace... [/quote]

Actually Pete, liquid filled gauges of any sort will have a bubble to offset the expansion and contraction of the case allowing the air to also do the same as liquids do not compress. This saves the crystal and frame from warping and leaking in oil dampened gauges.
Any body that read that original post and figured that it was a brand new, just purchased, and new model compass for sale, and at 1/3 the current cost.... well!

It clearly stated that the compass was purchased for a boat and "NEVER USED", right there questions should have been asked before purchasing!

That being said, a bubble can and will develop over time just from storage and is simple to take care of.

As to rub marks in the glass dome, take a high definition close up photo, so close that it doesn't even show the body of the compass, wouldn't matter if it was brand spanking new, glass will show imperfections...

Going to the Ritchie web site, I couldn't find any mention of the model after 2005, but the current model re-designated the HB741, which looks to be the same compass sells for $180 bucks.

Were it me and I still had my boat, I'd have kept the damn compass for $60 shipped! But since the purchaser apparently wasn't happy with it, deal could have, and should have been handled better by both parties, as is usual with these post!

Phil

Doesnt matter if he lied, if you'd have put insurance on it. I dont know about you, but I insure everything. You trust a shipper? I dont.

$200 dollar item and no delivery confirmation? crazy
Originally Posted by Greyghost
Any body that read that original post and figured that it was a brand new, just purchased, and new model compass for sale, and at 1/3 the current cost.... well!

It clearly stated that the compass was purchased for a boat and "NEVER USED", right there questions should have been asked before purchasing!

That being said, a bubble can and will develop over time just from storage and is simple to take care of.

As to rub marks in the glass dome, take a high definition close up photo, so close that it doesn't even show the body of the compass, wouldn't matter if it was brand spanking new, glass will show imperfections...

Going to the Ritchie web site, I couldn't find any mention of the model after 2005, but the current model re-designated the HB741, which looks to be the same compass sells for $180 bucks.

Were it me and I still had my boat, I'd have kept the damn compass for $60 shipped! But since the purchaser apparently wasn't happy with it, deal could have, and should have been handled better by both parties, as is usual with these post!

Phil

Come on man, its an internet forum... Youre not allowed to be logical!
Think I'm going to buy a boat...
Im surprised that all of you don't know about the bubbles in compasses.
they are there to show you which way is up. smirk

HAR!! This is weird! FB2 is being about as normal as he ever is when BB shows up with this rant accusing FB2 of being bi-polar! Looks to me like BB might be the bi-polar one. Or maybe tri-polar. Strange....
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215

HAR!! This is weird! FB2 is being about as normal as he ever is when BB shows up with this rant accusing FB2 of being bi-polar! Looks to me like BB might be the bi-polar one. Or maybe tri-polar. Strange....

STAY ON TOPIC ! mad

This is about a compass ... not mental health issues. grin

Where's a moderator when you need one? smile
Just because Bart is fuggin' nuts doesn't mean that Fireball2 ain't.

Re: compass - this has been informative.
They seem pretty familiar with psychological terminologies...

DF
Just wondering about something.
Does that little bubble affect the performance of the compass?
I was a Quartermaster when I was in the Navy and I manned the helm on ships from the size of a Frigate to an Aircraft Carrier. We used both gyroscopic and magnetic compasses and I don't recall if a bubble was ever an issue.
Is the bubble really that big of a deal or was it that he lied about the true condition of it?
I was a Quartermaster when I was in the Navy and I manned the helm on ships from the size of a Frigate to an Aircraft Carrier. We used both gyroscopic and magnetic compasses and I don't recall if a bubble was ever an issue.
Is the bubble really that big of a deal or was it that he lied about the true condition of it?

My take is that the condition was the issue, that the clear dome was scratched and worn.
Originally Posted by Raeford

the sick part of this is i was on my way out to the desert today and passed a white avalanche. First thing i did was check the license plate wondering if the yellow one had been repainted.
and God, help me, i did look for a winch.

Not sure about this specific kind of compass but the kind I use for surveying are toast once you get a bubble in them.
...Does that little bubble affect the performance of the compass?...

It affects performance on more than one level. If it is large enough it can affect damping. And any bubble, at all, dancing around the compass as the boat moves, distracts the helmsman. It can be repaired by a professional at some unknown cost.

The extensive bruising on the clear dome might be polished out, too (this can be seen in my photo). But none of this should be necessary when buying a new compass.
Originally Posted by 4ager
Just because Bart is fuggin' nuts doesn't mean that Fireball2 ain't.

Don't get me wrong as I ain't taking up for FB2. It's just one of them deals where the kettle calls the pot black and everybody goes to bed happy.

O yeah? So what direction are we headed?

Is that on topic?
Originally Posted by pal
But none of this should be necessary when buying a new compass.

I understand. I also think you were right to bring this up even though call out threads are usually a bad idea.
Hopefully this will keep others from getting screwed.
I started reading this thread without much giving a rat's ass about the whole deal.

If it's alright with everybody, I'm going to continue in my apathy.
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by curdog4570
I started reading this thread without much giving a rat's ass about the whole deal.

Your loss.

Call out threads are a blast as long as you don't participate.
Originally Posted by FieldGrade

Your loss.

Call out threads are a blast as long as you don't participate.

Can be a good read, better than any of the drama on the TV!

So just do it and see if anybody really cares. Pretty aggressive stand, if you ask me. whistle
Im tickled to see that you fellas are still interested!By the way, those heavy scratches must have been the wax off of your floor because they wiped right off.
Im tickled to see that you fellas are still interested!By the way, those heavy scratches must have been the wax off of your floor because they wiped right off.

[Linked Image]

Pretty sure you don't sell insurance more likely manure....you keep going girl...dig that hole as deep as you like wink
If certain sellers would just give a heads up "NO REFUNDS EVER", there'd be less problems. grin
I was a Quartermaster and I manned the helm on ships from the size of a Frigate to an Aircraft Carrier.

Just to be sure; did you order shrimp when the ship came to a sudden stop?
Originally Posted by RichardAustin
I was a Quartermaster and I manned the helm on ships from the size of a Frigate to an Aircraft Carrier.

Huh?

O yeah? So what direction are we headed?

Is that on topic?

Question #1) F if IK

Question#2) Yes

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Calhoun
Reinforces my reasons for never buying anything in the Classifieds from folks who only post in the Classifieds.

I seldom , IF EVER, look at the classifieds.

Posted a BP Mountain Howitzer there years back, and had the opportunity to view the entire spectrum of "Get stuff for less than it's worth" azzwholes.

Since, have had wonderfully smooth, hassle free, and mutually agreeable dealings with a veritable HERD of "Campfire Losers".

Mack19seventywhatever,...if you're so strong and brave, WTF are you doing even RESPONDING to Pal's post ?

Your posted dialogue here comes across as a hybridization of verbal diohrea with kleptomaniacal angst.

Beat it,....get thee hence,....darken this particular door no more.

...lotta' fuggin' nerve callin' other folks "loser" you rude, and self proclaimed, bragadocious POS.

GTC

GTC

You're screwing Pay Pal. They're offering a service and you're using it without paying for the service you agreed to when you signed up. Also by sending it as a gift you can not go back if they guy sends you something defective or doesn't send you anything at all because you sent it saying it was a gift, nothing is expected back when you give a gift.
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

paypal bends us over. Think what you will, but amongst friends here. We should pay and get paid as friends..

BSA, you and I agree on most everything but I have to disagree with you on this one. Are they taking a fee from us when we sell using PP? Of course they are but so does every credit card. If you want you could go get a Postal Money Order (I don't even know if they charge for this or not) and then snail mail it off and when the person gets it they hope it's not counterfeit before they drive down to the post office and hope that they have enough cash at the post office to cover the MO. Or we can pay a small fee and use PP.
Screwing paypal? man how am I going to sleep tonight?
Screwing paypal? man how am I going to sleep tonight?

Buy a new used compass using paypal and demand that it be sent as gift and know ...

You did the right thing.

Everybody will get paid. grin
Paypal still collects a fee on gift transactions for whatever it's worth.

The sender just gets hit with the fee instead.
Originally Posted by wisturkeyhunter

Then you're doing something wrong.
Originally Posted by crossfireoops

Posted a BP Mountain Howitzer there years back, and had the opportunity to view the entire spectrum of "Get stuff for less than it's worth" azzwholes.

Since, have had wonderfully smooth, hassle free, and mutually agreeable dealings with a veritable HERD of "Campfire Losers".

Mack19seventywhatever,...if you're so strong and brave, WTF are you doing even RESPONDING to Pal's post ?

Your posted dialogue here comes across as a hybridization of verbal diohrea with kleptomaniacal angst.

...lotta' fuggin' nerve callin' other folks "loser" you rude, and self proclaimed, bragadocious POS.

GTC

GTC

You have 45xxx Internet forum posts and never visit the classifieds? So I guess living in your moms basement doesn't come with an allowance?

GTC

GTC

You have 45xxx Internet forum posts and never visit the classifieds? So I guess living in your moms basement doesn't come with an allowance?

Greg has likely been there and done that more than you'll ever think about it. And those who have met, and or carried on a conversation with the man generally walk away with the utmost respect for him. He definitely has integrity, something sorely lacking in you
laugh

Crossfireoops has lived more life than you will in 100 lifetimes.

GTC

GTC

Right, ....I live in my Mom's basement whistle

Must be nice to be a real authentic character like you, Mister.

ANSWER MY [bleep] QUESTION AZZWHOLE,....wtf are you even RESPONDING to Pal's post, if none of this is worthy of your exalted and loftier than other's attention.

GTC

I idolize imaginary Internet forum heroes, too!

GTC

GTC

yep you are a douche nozzle.......
I sodomize imaginary Internet forum heroes, too!
Man, this is getting boring. You guys get more dumber er when you have a few beers

You don't realize how many people here have actually met one another. Do you.

I've had quite a few conversations with Greg, and not just on the computer. There are several other guys here that I speak with on a weekly basis and sometimes daily basis

You, you're just a lousy sack of schit. With no credibility or integrity
Ah yeah, you're hilarious. At least in your own mind.

Try reading what gitem_12 wrote again, this time slowly and out loud. Maybe you'll comprehend what he said.

Crossfireoops has hosted several regional Campfire get togethers with dozens of members here. Nothing imaginary about that.

Laugh it up, you're the only joke here laugh
Man, this is getting boring. You guys get more dumber er when you have a few beers

True, we keep losing IQ points trying to talk sense into you. It's not easy to lower ourselves to your level of intellect...
Im surprised that all of you don't know about the bubbles in compasses.
they are there to show you which way is up. smirk

+1

P.S. what does the bubble hurt?

P.P.S. keep this thread going. I'm laughing my [bleep] ass off! It's better than the classifieds.

Edit: i meant it's better than the carnival.

You don't realize how many people here have actually met one another. Do you.

I've had quite a few conversations with Greg, and not just on the computer. There are several other guys here that I speak with on a weekly basis and sometimes daily basis

You, you're just a lousy sack of schit. With no credibility or integrity

True. I've met and talked to (exchanged phone #'s, email addresses) many guys here. A bunch of great guys here!! Still more I'd love to meet as well. I want to apologize to reelman about the paypal thing. If it makes him feel better, I'll pay the 3% charge and have others do the same. No biggie, as I felt it was just a friendly gesture to use the gift method. The campfire classifieds used to be about friends buying/selling to friends, but it seems things have changed..
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
...The campfire classifieds used to be about friends buying/selling to friends, but it seems things have changed..

You're right, things have changed. But we can make them better by tossing out our own garbage.
Originally Posted by wisturkeyhunter

Then you're doing something wrong.

It is only free if you register you bank account with PP...If you use a CC then you pay a fee....I always pay a fee they don't need my bank account.
Wow! All these pages to figure that Mac1978 is unscrupulous and no one to do business with? Instead of continuing on pissing with him or putting him on ignore how about this... every time he posts something in the classifieds someone ,anyone just reply to his ad "buyer beware you are dealing with and unscrupulous cheat" maybe ad a link to this thread
Problem solved everyone can move on to the next drama now
Don't worry,George. I won't be attempting to pass along things to others that are being unused by me at a good deal or free to a good home here again. The majority of you guys that speak up frequently do a pretty good job of conveying the mindset of the group, and removing all doubt that you are a bunch of jackasses. However, I will continue to enjoy buying toys here at a far discounted rate. Occasionally someone may refuse, but who cares...it's an Internet forum
I will continue to enjoy buying toys here at a far discounted rate.

Now there's a Larry Root staple line if I ever heard one.
Count me as one who would never sell anything to you Mac even at twice the asking price.

No, Barts right. I'm fuggin nuts. Now, you've all been warned so quit your whining.

Don't get me wrong as I ain't taking up for FB2. It's just one of them deals where the kettle calls the pot black and everybody goes to bed happy.

Scared me there for a minute Bigbuck! grin If someone defended me I'd have to behave myself!
you gotta be doing something to distinguish yourself as an above average arsehole this board.

kudo's Mac.
Originally Posted by KFWA
you gotta be doing something to distinguish yourself as an above average arsehole this board.

??
Originally Posted by KFWA

kudo's Mac.

Like pointing out that kudos is not possessive?
heh

exactly
http://youtu.be/768h3Tz4Qik
[Linked Image]

Scared me there for a minute Bigbuck! grin If someone defended me I'd have to behave myself!

I am personally not going to base my thoughts about you on what ANYONE else has to say. You treat me well, you show concern and respect for me, and take extra time out of your day to inquire as to my health and me in general. I have never witnessed you deliberately set out to hurt anyone on this forum, on that point alone, you are head and tails above others here.

As for behaving, not a one of us that belongs to this forum can ever resort to that kind of behaviour and expect to keep the insane carnival ride ambiance that we have all come to know, love, and if truth be told are totally addicted to grin

Just a Note: I will add that contrary to whatever is wrong with you and Brother Bart, I have the utmost respect for him, always will, he is a good friend indeed.
[Linked Image]

Scared me there for a minute Bigbuck! grin If someone defended me I'd have to behave myself! [/quote]

Yah, I know what you mean. One of the upstanding citizens took my side one time so now I have to walk the line and sometimes that's mighty hard to do. I don't envy ol John Cash. whistle
This is a damn near #UBERcoolTHREAD
It would get better if someone would buy the Avalanche
Poke
Originally Posted by Raeford

....and the UBER winch was a 3K+ that is.

Huh?

Certainly you've not forgot the great Italian Cruse Ship Captain who ordered XL shrimp cocktails while the ship went down. It really wan't meant to slight you, just a stab a humor.
Originally Posted by Miss Lynn

I am personally not going to base my thoughts about you on what ANYONE else has to say. You treat me well, you show concern and respect for me, and take extra time out of your day to inquire as to my health and me in general. I have never witnessed you deliberately set out to hurt anyone on this forum, on that point alone, you are head and tails above others here.

As for behaving, not a one of us that belongs to this forum can ever resort to that kind of behaviour and expect to keep the insane carnival ride ambiance that we have all come to know, love, and if truth be told are totally addicted to grin

Just a Note: I will add that contrary to whatever is wrong with you and Brother Bart, I have the utmost respect for him, always will, he is a good friend indeed.

You old softy. smile

Yeah ol' Bart's got a thing for me, that's for darn sure. I have this graphic image of Bart running around with a big ol' woody screaming at the top of his lungs like a lunatic. I'm sure he and I just got off to a bad start because I'm not enamored with his buddy Steelhead. wink
I'm sure he and I just got off to a bad start because I'm not enamored with his buddy Steelhead. wink

Scott and I have had our moments, but the bottom line truth is, believe it or not, the man has a heart of gold, and that's a fact.

Be it Bart or Scott, I would trust them with my life and that of my family, without a moments' hesitation.

It is too bad, they are both good men.

You old softy. smile

Yeah, but just in the areas where it is important to be soft grin

Yeah, but just in the areas where it is important to be soft grin

Oh my. grin

You old softy. smile

Yeah ol' Bart's got a thing for me, that's for darn sure. I have this graphic image of Bart running around with a big ol' woody screaming at the top of his lungs like a lunatic. I'm sure he and I just got off to a bad start because I'm not enamored with his buddy Steelhead. wink

Oh, the victim mentality, love it. Obviously the only reason that Bart wouldn't like you is because you aren't enamored with me. TFF.

No way it could have anything to do with you.

Ph+ucking amazing.
Took err jebs

You old softy. smile

Have to say I count Bart as a good friend and a better person you will not meet? Have not had the pleasure of meeting Scott yet but hope to some day in Texas. Never thought you were a bad person either but surely don't understand your assshole attitude lately
There seems to be a consensus forming....
I don't like you cause you're mean to Bob. whistle

well and I'm a lil bit skeered you'll be mean to me too eek
The bitch likes it
shocked laugh

well hell,chief,step up and make the purchase. laugh
Originally Posted by eh76
Never thought you were a bad person either but surely don't understand your assshole attitude lately

Interesting observation. How many foxes do you suppose occupy the henhouse without some casualties among the birds?

Would the chickens look around and point wings at each other or would they recognize the fox as the problem?

Surely we're at least as smart as birds?
Christian you aren't getting it. My condolences.

well hell,chief,step up and make the purchase. laugh

I want to buy the compass.

I asked if it was still for sale. grin
I think I get it just fine thanks.
Originally Posted by ingwe
There seems to be a consensus forming....

You should apply for a position as a community organizer. You never know where a job like that might lead.
Lol
Question:
What causes–and how do you prevent–air bubbles from showing up in liquid filled compasses? Just about every liquid filled compass I have used usually gets a small air bubble in it.

Answer:
First off, Mark, never fear: a small bubble in your compass will not affect its accuracy. Bubbles can form from high elevation or exposure to cold temperatures, which cause the liquid to contract, leaving an air bubble behind. Usually, the bubble will disappear when the compass is returned to sea level and/or room temperature. If it doesn't, place it in a warm spot-like a sunny windowsill-so the liquid can heat, expand, and return to it's normal volume.
Huh? Why are you guys posting to a 4 year old thread?

We've been Mulling it over.
Originally Posted by KEVIN_JAY

We've been Mulling it over.
laugh
This is interesting. I was killing time, waiting for it to cool off. I bought a brand new compass for my boat. I was thinking about going to replace my broke one. It has no bubble!
[Linked Image]

'Cause there's not enough current stuff to bitch about?
We gotta be doing something. If I bitch at wifey she might hurt me!!! She’s 6’ 1/2 inch tall. I’m a 1/2” taller, but she is meaner!!!
Pics, or it didn't happen.
ever read a thread like this thinking its the first time for you and you notice you responded to it.....twice?
Yea, LOL
Originally Posted by EdM
Bring on the girls.

Make that popcorn (and beer smile )
What's a .223 AI??
Originally Posted by EdM
Bring on the girls.

Make that popcorn (and beer smile )
He's still trying.
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/13062237/pre-64-price-check
Complete POS.
have you eaten one of those lizards yet. my uncle said they are good, he'd eat them when he was stationed in panama.
No. Some guy I know was going to cook them for everyone at a get together but his stupid job keeps getting in the way. I'm gonna have to do it myself. I have five in the freezer now.
Have you seen any faded black and white photos of old-timers with rows of huge lizards hanging from the meat pole back in the day?

I hear they used to run 'em with dogs??
I believe it is a new sport down here.
By chance does this Mac have a Little Rock, Arkansas address? I got scammed (dumb me) by a douche bag over on Rokslide. He's using a email address with his supposed wife's name as Mac.
He's probably moved three times since this thread was started.
Bump
Originally Posted by kingston
Bump

Lol! 😂
What's Bristoe say, "dog pecker gnat."

...some such shìt.
Three weeks ago Gus was looking for a cure for recurrent hemorrhoids.
What you think stickin' a compass up his azz in gonna get rid of the hemorrhoids?
Three weeks ago Gus was looking for a cure for recurrent hemorrhoids.

I hope he finds it.
Bump

I was moments away from buying a rudder from him...Thanks! 😬😎
If there's a cure, the classifieds could use a smear.
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Bump

Speaking of ässholes, how's yours?

For the record, next time you want to take someone else's prescription Colon Blow 5000, I'll gladly stay up all night for the blow by blow txt updates. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time.
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Bump

Speaking of ässholes, how's yours?

For the record, next time you want to take someone else's prescription Colon Blow 5000, I'll gladly stay up all night for the blow by blow txt updates. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time.

My anus demonstrated a level of resilience a baboon would be proud to have. 😎
i'm just glad i was there to talk you off that Crones forum.
i'm just glad i was there to talk you off that Crones forum.

IBS is no joke, either...I guess. 😂😎
So, how does the new you feel?

What's on tonight's menu?
Originally Posted by fish head
Is the compass still for sale? laugh

Maybe with an Uberlanche and a tripod mounted Charger!
Shameful, despicable POS
© 24hourcampfire