Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 15
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Comparing Eley target with federal bulk pack ammo? I guess hes cheap as hell if you compare it to tenex or midas then.......

GB1

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Hence my laughter!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'd actually be buying some of shrap's supply if I hadn't lucked onto a few thousand in the last couple of weeks. I even contacted him ahead of time to see if he had any for sale. I don't know what he paid per brick, but I know that I've purchased a few things from him at excellent prices, and everything I ever see him put up for sale is an excellent price and always as advertised. And it should be obvious to anyone who has watched his classifieds offerings that he's not hurting for cash-he has a heck of a man cave stash. My guess is that he's making a fairly minimal profit and providing people with no access to .22lr ammo some access to .22lr ammo. If you don't want it at this price, move on and wait until you find it at the price point you want to pay. And.....BUMP!

Last edited by selmer; 04/07/14.

Selmer

"Daddy, can you sometime maybe please go shoot a water buffalo so we can have that for supper? Please? And can I come along? Does it taste like deer?"
- my 3-year old daughter smile
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I have 5-6,000 rds. Same as always. Shoot a couple a hunnard every week with two kids and a back yard 300 yd. range. This whole thing is [bleep] ridiculous. I just ordered 2000rds of lapua and eley match....paid a SMALL amt. Over normal price. The cheseschutz repeater is coming soon and the 40x LOVES the eps match. still have enough plinking ammo to take out a recycling plant worth of cans if necessary.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Oh, and Cabela's just had Remington thunderbolts for sale-for five whole minutes before it sold out.

Selmer

"Daddy, can you sometime maybe please go shoot a water buffalo so we can have that for supper? Please? And can I come along? Does it taste like deer?"
- my 3-year old daughter smile
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I drove by the Remington ammo plant today and the parking lot was full of workers cars. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They could be Union.
Could you check inside? whistle

Have Dog

Will Travel

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I have still been getting the Federal 550 boxes at Walmart every couple weeks. With a limit of three boxes. You have to get there when they start selling ammo to get any. I am trying to supply three shooters. You can still buy other brands fairly regularly.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by selmer
Oh, and Cabela's just had Remington thunderbolts for sale-for five whole minutes before it sold out.

Cabelas had a BIG SALE recently advertised 1045 round buckets of 22 LR. Had 60 buckets 4000 people showed up. I don't just talk about it. I bought the federal ammo. Very close to other national. Walmart must be managed differently in different places. I've only found 22 LR once and I got 2 50 round boxes. The other guy got one. Boy I really want to wait for that. In a few years I'd have the same amount of ammo if I'm real lucky.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Pat85
Originally Posted by ned

Looks like the op prices are right inline with national retailers.
. Please note the ammo offered by midway was Eley target ammo ,not generic stuff FYI

IC B3

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Can we start a BAD GUY SCALPER'S LIST?

Put it right below the M22 RECALL notice. That would be fitting.

"Those that think they know everything are annoying those of us that have Google." - Dr. D. Edward Wilkinson

Note to self: Never ask an old Fogey how he is doing today.
Revised note to self: Keep it short when someone asks how I am doing.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Shrapnel should change his handle....to Scalpel.

"Those that think they know everything are annoying those of us that have Google." - Dr. D. Edward Wilkinson

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mac1978
Show me where you found out the price Shrapnel paid for the 22 ammo he's selling. You are assuming much in a statement accusing him of bending folks over a barrel. Maybe he paid $50/500, then is it is really so bad he's looking to make $15-20/500? Do you think the local gun shop isn't making that kind of margin? So look, I'll suggest this again...if you don't want his ammo, move the f--k on and let it go. You have done nothing special here. And those piling on one of the good guys around here are doing no good here either. From what I have seen Shrap usually sells good stuff at good prices. And I'd hazard a guess he's not trying to rape anyone on the prices

Obviously if this dude is classless enough to post this stuff on here for $65, I think it's virtually certain that he over paid for it. Anyone paying or advertising this stuff for more than you can buy it at the store for should be publicly embarrassed.

Talk about classless, I was reading your posts from when you graced us with your presence. Many were classless snipes at sellers who wouldn't bend to your tactics, all in the classifieds but four, and those were your bitching about people here on the Campfire.

GFY

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Z
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Z
I'm a fairly new member here and I don't understand the gripes and back stabbing over 22 ammo. I see guys sell $500 scopes for $900 and $300 shotguns for $700.00 and no one is calling those guys scalpers. Heck If you don't like price just don't buy it. If you have to have 22 ammo and this is all you can find then you should be tickled to death to get it for $65.00. Geeze, doesn't take rocket science to figure this out.

Don't mess with me, I'm too old to fight, too fat to run, so I going to have to kill you.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
It didn't take you long to get it. Welcome.

Last edited by Lockhart; 04/07/14.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
[Linked Image]

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Safari... Im only here to buy things for less than they are worth and for the occasional satisfaction of sticking my finger in the eye of a moron. I make no bones about this. I dont subscribe to the internet friend theory, I actually have a life.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
And if we are fortunate to live long enough, we will each look back at the lives we have had and determine for ourselves whether we lived them fully and with the proper respect we owe to the creator. Then, at the appointed hour, our lives will be judged worthy or not by the highest power.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
Local shop here the other day had aguila for $47 per 500 round brick with a 2 brick limit. One guy was complaining that it should be $20 a brick so I told him I'd take all he could get me at $20/ brick. He said he wasn't going to sell any of his stash to me for $20/ brick. I told him that he obviously agrees its worth more than that and that he was the one being unethical complaining about someone else's price and stating what a price should be when he was unable or unwilling to sell some for that.

I think anyone who wants to complain about someone's price should simply offer some for sale for less.

I bought a 1000 face bag of junk silver back in 2009 when silver was about $13/ounce. A friend was supposed to take half but back out and never paid me. He called me up a few years later when silver hit over $30 and wanted the half of the bag he stuck me with at $13. His argument was that I was being dishonest for selling it for more than I paid. My argument was that I was only going to sell it for what is was worth on the open market and that he was essentially asking me to give him $8000 cash out of my pocket. He was pissed but so what, he stuck me with an extra $5000 bill by backing out after I placed the order.

Bb

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Mac1978
I actually have a life.
I doubt it, you've been crying like a panzyass for 3 days over this thread. I spent all yesterday shooting 250 rounds outta my .22 which cost me......who gives a f*ck.... It was a good day.

Keep refreshing your computer all day Mac so you can save $5.00.

Page 5 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

476 members (17CalFan, 257_X_50, 1_deuce, 16gage, 160user, 10gaugemag, 57 invisible), 2,768 guests, and 1,414 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,753
Posts18,476,295
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.