24hourcampfire.com
24hourcampfire.com
-->
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Mausers and Military Rifles Jump to new posts
Re: FN Mauser and peep sights Magnum_Bob 44 seconds ago
I had a FN 338-06 with a 24" Douglas barrel, the guy who built it used a ramp frt sight off a 700 Remington up frt. He used a 1 pc Redfield Jr on the receiver for scope mounting, it also had the little fold down peep on the back.of the base. It doesn't look like much but the peep is adjustable via the mount screws. I mounted a 4x40 on the base worked up a load with 200 gr Hornady SP bullets and 760. Groups were good and vel was at 2800fps. Not allways leaving good enough alone, I pulled the scope and rings off, bore sighted it with the flip up peep, with minimal adjustments it was hitting about 1.5" high at 100. Shot a total of 50 rounds thru it using that simple little peep, I'd trust it for primary use even though it's whole purpose is a backup sight.i shoot tang peeps to 1000 yards on my Shiloh every year I am fully aware of their potential. Mb
18 2,091 more...
Hunter's Campfire Jump to new posts
Demolition Grout rlott 54 seconds ago
Anyone ever use it? I got a rock in my driveway that's won battles with a track loader and excavator. Need to knock the top off it.
0 8 more...
Re: Lying Hiden Biden Says “He’s Gonna Debate Trump” 🤪🤪🤪😂😂😂 akrange 1 minute ago
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
In a interview with that idiot Shock Jock Howard Stern today. 😂😂😂

You know Pedo Joe’s Handler’s are all probably SCHITTING themselves. 😂

President Trump’s Reply: “Anytime! ANYPLACE!!!”

What are the odds it will actually happen ???

ZERO !

Even with the help of the “best” DemoRat “Moderators”, Trump would destroy that Lying Dementia ridden POS.

Anyhow, I’d actually pay to see it. But it’s NEVER GONNA HAPPEN. 😂

He has to. Trump has been calling him out all week. Now, watch for the debate to be set in some unfriendly spot with somebody like those 2 stupid twats Chris Wallace and Lester Holt as referee.

Why the RNC would agree to those types of conditions is totally beyond me.

Yep. If it does actually happen, the DemoRat’s and the Deep State Republicans will do everything they possibly can to rig the Debate in Pedo Joe’s favor. 😡

And of course, Lying Hiden Biden will have hidden ear phones with someone giving him all the “correct answers”. 😡

They’ll need to put a shock collar on Biden to stop him when he goes off script. 🤪

Whatever the drug cocktail they’re giving him nowadays ain’t keeping him from going off the wall anymore.

If I was Trump, I’d make a statement to the press saying that the DemoRat’s won’t let Pedo Joe debate because he’s too mentally “gone” to attend a Real Debate. I’d goad the schitt outta them until they put him on Stage. 😂

Dude

The White Women ain’t gonna Elect Anybody that Trashes their Pedo Grampa Figure ..

Secretly they all want to take a Shower Joe ..

It’s just the World of Sin we Live In ..
7 429 more...
IC B2
A few questions DigitalDan 2 minutes ago
What are two things you can never eat for breakfast? -Lunch and Dinner

What can be broken but never held? -A promise

What word is spelled incorrectly in every single dictionary? -Incorrectly

What starts with “e” and ends with “e” but only has one letter in it? -An envelope

If you had only one match and entered a dark room containing an oil lamp, some kindling wood, and a newspaper, which would you light first? -The match

A cowboy rode into town on Friday. He stayed in town for three days and rode out on Friday. How is that possible? -His horse is named Friday
0 25 more...
Re: Moose In The Yard 338Rem 4 minutes ago
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Originally Posted by Jcubed
Was there a calf about?

Cool pic.

Mooses like this don’t usually have a calf, but this is 2024…

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Pro nouns?
18 1,355 more...
Re: Will the Jewish Temple be rebuilt one day…? akrange 7 minutes ago
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Originally Posted by antlers
It would have been unthinkable for a Jew under the Mosaic Law to even consider approaching God’s throne of grace with confidence and freedom like Jesus’ followers can now. Not even the high priest back then did that. But then something tremendously significant happened.

There’s an issue regarding the prophecies about the future rebuilding of the Temple in Jerusalem: some people believe that followers of Jesus today still need to be keeping the Mosaic Law, and that issue has to do with God’s presence. In the Torah there’s a proximal aspect to holiness so that the closer you are to God’s presence the closer you are to His blessing. And the further you are from God’s presence the further you are from His blessing.

In the beginning we humans had direct access to God. Then we humans disobeyed God and messed it up and sin entered the world. And humans were cast out of God’s immediate presence. And later, through the family of Abraham, and through the giving of the Law of Moses at Mt. Sinai, God began restoring human access to His presence.

God’s presence was in the Tabernacle, but under the Law of Moses, direct access to God’s presence was highly regulated. People couldn’t just wander into it. Only one person in all of Israel was allowed in the Most Holy Place, and then only just once a year. This whole set-up kept people at a distance, and made it clear that the direct immediate access that people once had to God had not been restored.

The Tabernacle later became a permanent Temple in Jerusalem. And it had the same holiness hierarchy that the Tabernacle had: the further you went in, the more holy it got, and the more restrictive it became. But as Jesus hung on the cross, He uttered a loud cry and breathed His last breath, and the curtain of the Temple that allowed access to the Most Holy Place was torn in two from top to bottom.

At Jesus’ death, this hierarchy of access to God’s presence was literally demolished. This curtain…prescribed in the Law of Moses…was destroyed at the death of the Messiah, and it was God Himself who destroyed it. Under the New Covenant that Jesus brought in, individual followers of Jesus can now have direct and immediate access to God. People can now…with confidence and freedom…approach God’s throne of grace and receive mercy and find grace to help in their time of need (Hebrews 4:16).

Honest question.

Pre-Jesus, what happened to all the folks who weren't lucky enough to be born a jew?

What did Jesus do on Easter Saturday
66 3,234 more...
Re: This is worth a bit of your time so the votes stop being stolen steve4102 7 minutes ago
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
You are a chickenshit parrot if you really think it was stolen.

4 696 more...
Big Game Rifles Jump to new posts
Re: Finally got clickers drop_point 7 minutes ago
Originally Posted by Big Stick
You Drooling DUMB Fhuqks are a HOOT! Hint.

The FIRST fhuqking move is to Cerrosafe the chamber and KNOW,what the fhuqk is going on. Hint.

Not that I don't enjoy the quotes,lathes and fhuqking STUPIDITY espoused. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.................

Tell me you have zero experience with the 6.5 PRC without telling me you have zero experience with 6.5 PRC.

If you have SAAMI-spec chamber, this happens. The solution is a non-SAAMI reamer or another die. You keep laughing because your schizophrenia is getting the best of you, but you forgot to change your pad again.
21 834 more...
Hunting Rifles Jump to new posts
Re: Kimber - How they can build the "perfect" hunting rifle. Jackson_Handy 8 minutes ago
Originally Posted by memtb
I knew it was gonna be a CM before even reading your post.

Hell the CM cartridge can be shot from a slingshot…..and remain deadly out to 1K yards! 😜. memtb

This mf'er is beyond retarded. Don't listen to a single thing he spews.

Every single time he posts he reinforces how stupid he is. If you look up "fudd-tard" in the dictionary, it's him.
33 2,259 more...
University Protests OldmanoftheSea 8 minutes ago
Let me get this strait:

Holocaust Survivor George Soros,

Is funding the University "From the River to the Sea" protests.

At which Ilhan Omar's daughter (sired by her brother) was suspended and kicked off campus.

And they are now cancelling classes for which this Somali Refugee is paying $90,000 a semester for her daughter to attend and must therefore be funded by the taxpayers because a Somali who can afford $90,000 tuition surly wouldn't be a refugee from Somalia where the average anual income is about $1,500 US.

Oh and during the Holocaust Soros helped the Nazis catch Jews, which is how he survived?

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...ughter-at-columbias-anti-war-encampment/

Am I getting this right?
0 51 more...
IC B3
Re: College Protests Muffin 10 minutes ago
Originally Posted by 1minute
Obviously, those students don't have much of a class load.

Wonder how many of their student loans we will be asked to pay off!!!!
94 5,054 more...
Free Classifieds Jump to new posts
Re: FS Warne PA 30mm medium WMR 10 minutes ago
I’ll take these
3 171 more...
AR and Tactical Rifles Jump to new posts
Re: SSA-E Sale? Chuck_R 11 minutes ago
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Great trigger, good price.

You can also buy the SSA & put a lighter trigger spring in & have an SSA-E.

MM

IAW Geissele, they're not the same trigger, the SSA and SSA-E have different breaks by design and weight. Watch the 18 minute mark:

"Carrot" SSA VS SSA-E which is lighter and crisper (19.2 minute mark in the video)
15 1,122 more...
Hunting Optics Jump to new posts
Re: Talley Lightweight's with arrow Region6 11 minutes ago
Arrows point towards the muzzle. They have additional MOA built into the rings.
9 535 more...
Re: Homeowners insurance Farm Bureau or State Farm? Orion2000 12 minutes ago
Kentucky Farm Bureau for past 30+ years. Houses, Vehicles, Farm equipment. One house claim for roof and siding damage due to hail. I was satisfied with the process and with the coverage.
83 6,153 more...
Re: About those "Organic" Campus Protests ..... akrange 12 minutes ago
Originally Posted by ConradCA
Originally Posted by Wannabebwana
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by Crash_Pad
When we protested Vietnam it was simply that. Although the Abby Hoffman Chicago 7 types, Weather Underground [bleep] had ((their)) own nihilistic motivations that had nothing to do with an immoral duplicitous war. Soros and associate scum are adept at corrupting these events by tying them to despicable drag queens and other reprobates so simple minded fools, never in short supply, will frown on the real issue : Israel’s amoral , savage depravity.

I fuqktard hippie aye? did ya get to spit on some vets too?

Can someone have AI create a picture of what a hippie Nazi looks like?

There is no significant difference between Nazis and Communism it’s. They seek to establish their fascist utopia where the rule a one party state without the constraints of our constitution, courts or elections. The only difference are the the lies the use to adgue for their goals.

Nazi believe in a Superior Race

Marxist/Communist Believe in Didn’t Earn It .

Both will Massively Kill to Achieve their Goals..

If things keep going to way they are you’ll have to make some choices such as Affirmative Action On.

Nazi

Marxist/ Communist

Gangs/ Warlords

Lone Wolf
23 1,259 more...
Deer Hunting Jump to new posts
Re: Anybody here draw New Mexico tags? elkhunternm 13 minutes ago
Unit 34 for the January hunt.
3 204 more...
Re: Tennessee allows teachers to be armed. Birdwatcher 13 minutes ago
Originally Posted by Jericho
I wonder how many school teachers carry a firearm concealed even though they arent supposed to?

Far more often left in a vehicle.

I’m pretty sure most all urban school districts now have random checks with drug dogs that also alert to firearms. At least one district here has random metal detector checks set up in hallways. I’ve never seen one so I dunno if they check teachers too. Years back the dog detected a shotgun in the trunk of a teacher’s car during dove season, which back then was a fireable offense. They cut him some slack, called in a sub to cover his classes and let him take it home.

Most places, if you have a high school with 2-3,000 students, I would guess there’s gonna be at least a couple of students with a gun in their backpacks every day. They apparently don’t bring them to randomly shoot people.

80,000 high schools, maybe 20 psycho mass shooting in the last 20 years. For any given location that translates to one such shooting every 1,600,000 school years (80,000 x 20). OF COURSE I support secure schools and armed LEOs on campus, I just dont worry so much about mass shootings.

80,000 high schools in America, if even 20,000 of those meet the big and urban criteria, I would confidently guess that there’s gonna be at least that many kids with guns on campus every day across America. Like I said, they must not be bringing them to randomly shoot people. Maybe they know if they do use them on campus they’re gonna get caught.

Would I carry on campus? I dunno. I do carry most everywhere else. After 30+ years in an urban school I can say that I am many, many times more likely to end up on the floor during the course of intervening in a fight than I am to need a gun. So whatever I use it had better be some sort of retention holster, preferably in some place where I ain’t likely to land on it in a fall.

Also, seeing the same 100+ keen eyed students every day in the same classroom through the school year, wherever you would carry on your person it had better be really well concealed.

Also, since you would be carrying to proactively engage a shooting in progress, what sort of handgun would you choose? Pocket pistols ain’t likely to cut it.

Do I support the right of teachers to carry? Yes because despite dire predictions no major problems have emerged so far where it is legal. Be aware tho that guns WILL be dropped, forgotten etc etc on occasion same as Cops do. You carry on campus, you assume that liability.

When I REALLY would like to carry is every time I ride my bicycle home from school 🥴
23 1,359 more...
Free Shipping on all new JHP bullets 500 ct quantities - Lowest Price On the Internet! RavenRocksPrecision 14 minutes ago
FREE SHIPPING THIS WEEKEND

On 500 ct Quantities of MFS JHP Bullets

These are the same jacketed hollow point bullets that Norma uses in their Safeguard line of defensive handgun ammunition. Bulk prices start at only 7.4 cents each for a brand new JHP bullet (not pull, blem, etc).

9mm (.355) 115gr JHP - 500 ct - $64.77
https://ravenrocksprecision.com/9mm-115gr-jhp-bullets-updating/

38 Cal (.357) 158gr JHP (38 Special) - 500 ct - $64.77
https://ravenrocksprecision.com/38-cal-357-158gr-jhp-bullets-brand-new-updating/

38 Cal (.357) 158gr JHP (357 Mag) - 500 ct - $64.77
https://ravenrocksprecision.com/158gr-357-38-cal-jhp-bullets-updating/
0 44 more...
Re: Bergara Rifle B14LM1113 Wilderness Hunter, 7MM PRC 338Rem 14 minutes ago
Bump
1 147 more...
Re: Case XX Bowie Knife: I Had No Idea saddlering 15 minutes ago
Iv always liked the KaBar Bowie knives, says Bowie right on the blade! They were made with good steel, get realy sharp. Iv got a couple of them. Some reason the sheaths are hard to find.
59 2,980 more...
Hunting Rifles Jump to new posts
Re: Ruger American Gen 2 JDK 16 minutes ago
A local shop has a Gen 2 in 6.5 and an older Predator in 308. Not sure if it was that particular example but the Gen 2 bolt movement was terrible. Sticky, clunky, bindy , and a lot of movement.

The Predator was a lot better in my opinion even with the zip. The Gen 2 was listed at $620. That particular example would be an easy pass for me at that price point.

Just my opinion
33 4,167 more...
Re: FS- Ruger M77 Mkii Stainless 30-06 strat1080 19 minutes ago
Tagged
64 6,710 more...
Handgun Reloading Jump to new posts
Re: Lowest price online for JHP bullets (9mm and 38 cal) - 7.9 cpp & 9.1 cpp RavenRocksPrecision 19 minutes ago
John,

Thanks. Our niche is hunting reloading, but it's sort of the off season for that, so I'm trying to get people turned on to us with a supplier with some really good deals in the meantime.

This weekend we are doing free shipping on all the 500 ct quantities of MFS bullets for those who still haven't decided if they want to try them or not. Check them out here:

https://ravenrocksprecision.com/projectiles/handgun-projectiles/?_bc_fsnf=1&brand=94
7 1,639 more...
Re: Burris FF II 4.5-14x42 NIB WMR 21 minutes ago
Scope is sold.
1 98 more...
Page 1 of 207 1 2 3 206 207
AX24

370 members (01Foreman400, 2alphas2, 2500HD, 160user, 3333vl, 257 mag, 37 invisible), 2,076 guests, and 1,255 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,501
Posts18,472,222
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.