24hourcampfire.com
24hourcampfire.com
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Hunter's Campfire Jump to new posts
Re: Campfire Boooomers Blackheart 45 seconds ago
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
You take it from your ex wives.

We know.
Tell yourself whatever you have to so you can look at your pathetic self in the mirror jim. Lies and fairy tales are all you've got.
806 49,961 more...
Re: Its meme time DMc 1 minute ago
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
75,318 13,982,614 more...
Re: Connecting Dots jaguartx 14 minutes ago
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
11,705 928,807 more...
IC B2
Re: Q pollution Jim_Conrad 16 minutes ago
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by FatCity67
Thanks jagx.

Gemco popcorn and Icees whilst we oogled the guns and knives in Sporting Goods before being shooed away.

Make yourself a fool to those on the Far who know. It's fine with me.

Like Q said, Backchannels are important.

Wtf Jag?
69 2,740 more...
Reloading Software Jump to new posts
Re: who do you believe when it comes to scales Kenlguy 19 minutes ago
They don't make the 10-10 anymore do they.?

I had to get my last one off of e-bay. Said it was new old stock.
12 2,062 more...
Movie, Book, and Music Review Jump to new posts
Cabrini lundtroller 20 minutes ago
Saw this one the other day and can't believe I have never heard about this gal... "Mother".

True story like Killers of the Flower Moon BUT this one is very uplifting as well rather than just a sad commentary on modern society. The woman is supposedly the "inspiration" for the more modern Mother Teresa as well as a patron "Saint" as well. Not sure how anyone cannot admire Mother Teresa for her charity.

Others here may have been aware of this Italian woman. I was not... glad I am now! Trace Gallagher did a short segment on his news show on FOX tonight. Good flick.
0 8 more...
Free Classifieds Jump to new posts
Re: WTS - hard to find pistol brass TheRealHornsurgeon 20 minutes ago
Bump up
5 463 more...
Re: WTS - hard to find rifle brass TheRealHornsurgeon 20 minutes ago
Bump up
8 957 more...
Big Game Rifles Jump to new posts
Re: Moderate loads for the 7mm Remington mag? TATELAW 23 minutes ago
Can't get you down to 2700, but 62gr of IMR4350 under a 150gr NBT is very accurate in my boat paddle M77 at 2890. I use RL22 with the same bullet to get 3100.
1 50 more...
Re: Do You Believe In God ? DBT 25 minutes ago
Originally Posted by antlers
The atheists clearly just simply deny the evidence for the historicity and life of Jesus as well.

What you call evidence is simply what priests and scribes wrote on parchment. Something that's not testable or verifiable is not evidence, just stories.

You invoke the word evidence without regard for the truth, that what is written cannot be verified.
757 55,292 more...
IC B3
Alaska Jump to new posts
Re: 2024 Iditarod Race johnn 25 minutes ago
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by pete53
Originally Posted by johnn
Originally Posted by SeldomSeenSmith
Whew! Just finished off sending emails to almost all of the sponsors of this years idiotrod race. It’s worked in the past and with a little work we will get some of them to reconsider.

Lack of sponsors will be the only way to end this death race driven by egomaniacs.

If you want a list of sponsors with email addresses send me a PM and we will get you on the list. No more dogs need to die!

Just a sad little man pretending to care about dogs.
Laughing

> the sad little man should go to the bar in Nome and tell those guys what he thinks of the sled dog races ? i am sure they have a better answer ?

Why nome? Just because the race ends their does not make nome sled dog capitol of Alaska. That would be Willow, sometimes I wonder about you lower 48 boys.
GFY
91 11,026 more...
Re: WTB Acetylene Torch johnn 27 minutes ago
Originally Posted by Bella1
I’ll second the Victor had 30 sets for my crews . Never a problem for 38 years . Teach them how to back out the gauges and they last forever . Leave the adjustment t Handle in and youll blow diaphragms in no time .

Care to explain, I have a victor cutting torch that schit the bed.
10 405 more...
Gunsmithing Jump to new posts
Re: What trigger pull gages/scales are you using? Alan_C 27 minutes ago
Originally Posted by Craigster
RCBS, but it appears they might have gotten out of the pull business.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1007330129?pid=545039
Thanks! Just ordered a used one in box on eBay . $26 shipped!
4 267 more...
Handgun Reloading Jump to new posts
Re: Anyone Super? Kenlguy 29 minutes ago
I've still got load data that I used to make major power back when I was competing.

But I don't think you would be interested in that wink
2 167 more...
Anybody eating Prunes ????? Alan_C 31 minutes ago
Started eating prunes a year ago. Have a few with meals and a couple before I go to sleep. 2lb bag is about $10 . I’m age 64 so it’s a great source of fiber.
0 46 more...
Handguns Jump to new posts
Lucky Gunner's extensive test results... 2ndwind 32 minutes ago
0 38 more...
Astronaut Thomas Stafford, commander of Apollo 10, Gone West.... gonehuntin 43 minutes ago
https://www.kxii.com/2024/03/18/astronaut-thomas-stafford-commander-apollo-10-dies-age-93/

WASHINGTON (AP) — Astronaut Thomas P. Stafford, who commanded a dress rehearsal flight for the 1969 moon landing and the first U.S.-Soviet space linkup, died Monday. He was 93.

Stafford, a retired Air Force three-star general, took part in four space missions. Before Apollo 10, he flew on two Gemini flights, including the first rendezvous of two U.S. capsules in orbit. He died in a hospital near his Space Coast Florida home, said Max Ary, director of the Stafford Air & Space Museum in Weatherford, Oklahoma.

Stafford was one of 24 people who flew to the moon, but he did not land on it. Only seven of them are still alive.

“Today General Tom Stafford went to the eternal heavens which he so courageously explored as a Gemini and Apollo astronaut as well as a peacemaker in Apollo Soyuz,” NASA Administrator Bill Nelson said via X, formerly known as Twitter. “Those of us privileged to know him are very sad but grateful we knew a giant.”

After he put away his flight suit, Stafford was the go-to guy for NASA when it sought independent advice on everything from human Mars missions to safety issues to returning to flight after the 2003 space shuttle Columbia accident. He chaired an oversight group that looked into how to fix the then-flawed Hubble Space Telescope, earning a NASA public service award.

“Tom was involved in so many things that most people were not aware of, such as being known as the ‘Father of Stealth’,” Ary said in an email. Stafford was in charge of the famous “Area 51″ desert base that was the site of many UFO theories, but the home of testing of Air Force stealth technologies.

The Apollo 10 mission in May 1969 set the stage for Apollo 11′s historic mission two months later. Stafford and Gene Cernan took the lunar lander nicknamed Snoopy within 9 miles (14 kilometers) of the moon’s surface. Astronaut John Young stayed behind in the main spaceship dubbed Charlie Brown.

“The most impressive sight, I think, that really changed your view of things is when you first see Earth,” Stafford recalled in a 1997 oral history, talking about the view from lunar orbit.

Then came the moon’s far side: “The Earth disappears. There’s this big black void.”

Apollo 10′s return to Earth set the world’s record for fastest speed by a crewed vehicle at 24,791 mph (39,897 kph).

After the moon landings ended, NASA and the Soviet Union decided on a joint docking mission, and Stafford, a one-star general at the time, was chosen to command the American side. It meant intensive language training, being followed by the KGB while in the Soviet Union and lifelong friendships with cosmonauts. The two teams of space travelers even went to Disney World and rode Space Mountain together before going into orbit and joining ships.

“We have capture,” Stafford radioed in Russian as the Apollo and Soyuz spacecraft hooked up. His Russian counterpart, Alexei Leonov, responded in English: “Well done, Tom, it was a good show. I vote for you.”

The 1975 mission included two days during which the five men worked together on experiments. After, the two teams toured the world together, meeting President Gerald Ford and Soviet leader Leonid Brezhnev.

“It helped prove to the rest of the world that two completely opposite political systems could work together,” Stafford recalled at a 30th anniversary gathering in 2005.

The two crews became so close that years later Leonov arranged for Stafford to be able to adopt two Russian boys when Stafford was in his 70s.

“We are too old to adopt, but they were too old to be adopted,” Stafford told The Oklahoman in 2004. “They just added so much meaning to our life, and just because you’re retiring doesn’t mean you don’t have anything left to give.”

Later, Stafford was a central part of discussions in the 1990s that brought Russia into the partnership building and operating the International Space Station.

Growing up in Weatherford, Oklahoma, Stafford said he would look up and see giant DC-3 airplanes fly overhead on early transcontinental routes.

“I wanted to fly since I was 5 or 6 years old seeing those airplanes,” he told NASA historians.

Stafford went to the U.S. Naval Academy where he graduated in the top 1% of his class and flew in the backseat of some airplanes and loved it. He volunteered for the Air Force and had hoped to fly combat in the Korean War. But by the time he got his wings, the war ended. He went to the Air Force’s experimental test pilot school, graduated first in his class there and stayed on as an instructor.

In 1962, NASA selected Stafford for its second set of astronauts, which included Neil Armstrong, Frank Borman and Pete Conrad.

Stafford was assigned along with Wally Schirra to Gemini 6. Their original mission was to rendezvous with an empty spaceship. But their 1965 launch was scrubbed when the spaceship exploded soon after liftoff. NASA improvised and in December, Gemini 6 rendezvoused with but didn’t dock with two astronauts aboard Gemini 7.

Stafford’s next flight in 1966 was with Cernan on Gemini 9. Cernan’s spacewalk, connected to a jet-pack like device, didn’t go well. Cernan complained that the sun and machine made him extra hot and hurt his back. Then his visor fogged up and he couldn’t see.

“Call it quits, Gene. Get out of there,” Stafford, the commander, told Cernan. Stafford talked him back in, saying “move your hand over, start to float up ... stick your hand up ... just walk hand over hand.”

In all, Stafford logged 507 hours in space and flew four different types of spacecraft and 127 types of aircraft and helicopters.

After the Apollo-Soyuz mission, Stafford returned to the Air Force and worked in research and commanded the Air Force Flight Test Center before retiring in 1979 as a three-star general.

Stafford’s Air Force duties not only had him run the military’s top flight school and experimental plane testing base, but he was commanding general of Area 51. A biography from his museum said, that while Stafford was in charge of Area 51 and later as the development and acquisition chief at the Pentagon he “wrote the specs and established the program that led to the development of the F-117 Stealth Fighter, and later, the B-2 Stealth Bomber.”

Stafford became an executive for an Oklahoma-based transportation company and later moved to Florida, near Cape Canaveral.

He is survived by his wife. Linda, two sons, two daughters and two stepchildren, according to the museum.
0 60 more...
Hunting Optics Jump to new posts
Re: Scopes............. raghorn 43 minutes ago
You know what’s REALLY funny ?……….11!
Laffin !!
4,991 467,570 more...
Re: Goat milk Alan_C 45 minutes ago
Hey Jim, why don’t you make cheese from the milk. I’ve read goat is top notch. Could be a good hobby for you! Wonder how goat milk would be as a cover scent?
6 293 more...
Re: Dominican Republic Morewood 48 minutes ago
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Are they overwhelmed by their neighbors? What does their border look like?

DR border
21 919 more...
Re: What would your father say? Alan_C 50 minutes ago
Good Poet for sure with a strong message.
1 156 more...
Re: Meopta Meosport R 3-15x50 Fireball2 1 hour ago
I have two already and would buy this one but it' a tad too big for a Sako vixen. I think. LOL
8 518 more...
Rimfires Jump to new posts
Re: Day At The Range ST. Patrick's day Challenge bsa1917hunter 1 hour ago
Originally Posted by taylorce1
I tried the shoot today, I couldn't get above 35 points with the ammo I tried. Aquila Super Extra SV did the best, CCI SV was second, and Norma Match was totally abysmal. Biggest issue I had is my reticle completely covers the dot at 50 yds. I might throw one of my FFP scopes on it and see what I can do with a thinner reticle.

Seems like a great idea. I watch those guys in YouTube, using those scope cams, and the reticles with the little dot in the center looks like it would be way better than what I use too!!! I tried my new Winchester model 320 a couple days ago, and didn’t do well at all with the 3-9x40 scope, that it wears. The AR scopes that I use aren’t as bad because of the higher magnification. Those dang Arkens are looking better, every time I see one!!
23 2,479 more...
Re: Tucker Carlson- Our Military is Corrupt Hotrod_Lincoln 1 hour ago
Originally Posted by hosfly
Honest question here ,, Has the US fought any war, where our nation was actually threatened? No disrespect at all to those who have served,, for those who have put it on the line I have nothing but respect,,

Not me personally, but my two distant cousins who walked 40 miles to enlist in the Army of Tennessee did their best to defend their homeland during the damyankee invasion. At least one of them survived- - - -I found his name in the Dickson County Tennessee property tax records from the 1880s.
71 4,287 more...
Re: WTB: CZ527 300 AAC Blackout Magazine dawnhunter 1 hour ago
tag
1 63 more...
Page 1 of 252 1 2 3 251 252
YB23

Who's Online Now
200 members (338reddog, 2ndwind, 264mag, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 31 invisible), 1,586 guests, and 736 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,186,240
Posts18,371,408
Members73,765
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.