24hourcampfire.com
24hourcampfire.com
-->
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Free Classifieds Jump to new posts
++Remington 870 Express 16 gauge YOUTH+++ 160user 41 seconds ago
Here is a tough one to find! Remington 870 Express synthetic youth in 16 gauge! This is used but is pretty clean. Factory Remington recoil pad with about a 12.5 LOP. I am not sure what they called the barrel but it measures about 22.75 inches with a modified Rem choke included. This will ship from me, a private party so please ensure your FFL will accept it this way. Payment by check of any kind. $825 to your FFL.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
0 more...
Long Range Hunting Jump to new posts
Re: Long Range Hunting - 600 Yards/Cup-n-Core Bullet/No Dialing alpinecrick 1 minute ago
Killed my first elk with a 270 in 1971, and killed a few dozen with a 270 since. The next cartridge I’ve killed the most elk with is a 243.

If I kill one more elk with my 308 it’ll be tied with my 243’s though…..

I guided for over 30 years, it’s probably a tie between 30-06’s and 7mmRM’s for the most popular chambering among guides in my part of the Rockies.
101 10,231 more...
Hunter's Campfire Jump to new posts
Re: Rawhide. Whelenman 1 minute ago
Here you go Wabbi
10 384 more...
IC B2
Re: Guns no longer made that you wish were? bpas105 1 minute ago
Rem 788 lh in a few more offerings

Savage 99

Rem 14
70 3,131 more...
Re: Tax question. Educated guesses welcome MontanaMan 2 minutes ago
Originally Posted by Mike70560
If you are paying a CPA to do your taxes, he should pay the penalty. It is the accountants obligation to prepare your taxes correctly, that includes calculating estimates.

The CPA firm that prepares my taxes made a mistake on my tax return several years ago. The IRS caught it, I was responsible for the additional tax liability, however the accounting firm paid all penalties and taxes.

This.

You have the choice of paying estimated taxes quarterly of paying the penalty at the time of filing.

I am in a similar situation with non-W2 income, & the penalty isn't enough to make me give the fuggers the money during the year.

MM
13 501 more...
Re: Annie oakley or calamarie jane MadMooner 3 minutes ago
Jane, you ignorant slut.
38 1,316 more...
Re: Masterful. Trump jaguartx 3 minutes ago
Helluva Motorcade there for an Ex - President I'm thinking. smirk
7 426 more...
Re: for sale or trade ----------- various powders. SE Michigan CJC73 4 minutes ago
Up
3 295 more...
Re: Sako Custom 270 Dinny 4 minutes ago
Originally Posted by MRKbass2
Dang speedboats!
That picture would be more complete with about 30 of those things lol

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
10 600 more...
Predators and Varmints Jump to new posts
Re: new 22-250 barrel sandpit 5 minutes ago
i ordered a 1-8 24 inch barrel from northland for the 250, thank you all
13 1,164 more...
IC B3
Re: Bowie Knife stxhunter 6 minutes ago
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by stxhunter
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Roger, have you had a chance to stick a hog with that one that I sold you, yet ?

I still have its slightly smaller twin I carry when pistol hunting for hogs.
No, not yet.
24 1,238 more...
Re: Another Gun Show Find sandpit 6 minutes ago
wow, beautiful workmanship, congrats sir
19 1,475 more...
Re: Friggin' Wife!! Crappie_Killer 7 minutes ago
Bragging on wife too. She qualified for the World CrossFit quarterfinals. She is 53
4 439 more...
Re: WTB H4895 in SE Michigan Dinny 7 minutes ago
Shootingbot.com
9 468 more...
Long Range Hunting Jump to new posts
Re: Milk jug challenge, by Backfire YT Channel horse1 8 minutes ago
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by rcamuglia
The milk jug challenge is lame

The milk jug challenge captivates the wonder of the crowd who, as stick would say, haven’t made enough spent primers to even fill a thimble

Go to your local club’s precision match

Go to your local club’s F-class match

Go to a PRS or Practial Rifle Match

At any of these gatherings, you will get to the reality of things in a hurry
My sportsmans club doesn't have any of that. They have a 100 yard range chopped through the woods with one bench that I have to myself 95% of the time.

I'd still like to know how you know you tracked a deer 10Mi in a day?

And, just for future reference you might find this handy. Did you know bees and dogs can smell fear?
117 10,630 more...
Re: Ruger 77 in 7mm mag for sale. hazer 10 minutes ago
Bump.
27 2,425 more...
Ask The Gunwriters Jump to new posts
Re: decoppered 243 great or shotgun 10gaugemag 10 minutes ago
Put the gas to that Partition load.

On occasion Partitions like to be pushed hard to get top accuracy.
3 268 more...
Re: I'm Convinced We're Being Played.... jaguartx 11 minutes ago
89 6,098 more...
Turkey Hunting Jump to new posts
Re: Opening Day in SW VA blairvt 11 minutes ago
Wind blew like crazy friday night in Carroll Co. Looked out the window before daylight and it was calm. Got dressed and stepped out on the porch right at daylight and 3 were gobbling from the roost close by. I headed toward a field close by as that's where I knew one would be headed. Didn't take long and 2 big mature Toms came in the field with a bunch of hens. Got them to answer back several times but they weren't leaving the hens and finally followed them in the other direction. Headed back toward the cabin and heard one just on the other side of the cabin. I sat on the ramp of my shed and called a little. Here come 2 immature birds coming straight to me. I just watched until they got within about 10 yds and saw me. Fun morning. About 1 1/2 hours after daylight winds were 30 mph!
7 489 more...
Handguns Jump to new posts
Re: Bullseye shooters, I need 1911 advice! MontanaMan 12 minutes ago
Lots of good advice from several people.

My best softball gun was built by myself & my mentor who also got me into the game.

He had been to both Colt & S&W training schools, was a certified High Standard armorer & had won several state championships & as someone else mentioned, it really does help to have a mentor / coach when you begin if you plan to do any serious competing beyond local stuff.

That gun was a Colt commercial slide, with a Bomar rib added for weight, a 414 NM barrel, on an Essex frame; it would do 10 shots into 1.5" at 50 yards from a Ransom rest with good ammo like WW SuperMatch, which isn't available anymore, sad as it is.

If functioned flawlessly with 3.2 gr of BE at the 25 yard line for the timed & rapid fire stages, as long as I kept it WET, & I would usually oil the top round in a mag as well.......................very few guns will manage that load reliably, & it won't be with a HB spring either. (That's part of why talking about a stock Les Baer gun of any type for BE shooting is laughable, hardball matches, maybe, soft ball, not a chance)

Getting good & being competitive in BE shooting takes a lot of range time, a lot of dedication & a lot of ammo & not just with the 45, but also with the 22, whatever gun you might choose to use............and ammo quality matters as well, as it does with the 45, especially at the 50 yard line...............basic 22 ammo won't cut it. I would burn through 3-400 rounds a week of both 45 & 22 ammo for practice & was lucky to have a clube member with a Star loading machine to get my 25 yard ammo from.

Lots of people look at BE & think it's easy, compared to some of the other speed shooting disciplines, but I would challenge any of those people to go shoot, one handed, at 50 yards & the same at the 2, 25 yard stages..............& be able to score a 90 on all three, not to mention any X's.....................at the higher class matches, winners are usually not determined by score alone, but by how many X's.

But the beauty of BE shooting that no one mentioned is that you are competing in classes, so you are really just competing with other shooters of the same skill level (once you've shot enough to get a classification).

So a good shooter who learns fast can be competitive very early on in the lower classifications before he shoots himself into a higher & tougher classification & get some wins, if that matters to you.

If anyone has the time & the interest level & the ability to afford good equipment (and yes, good equipment matters), and intends to stay active in general shooting, it will be a rewarding experience & you will become a much better shooter of any type of weapon & any type of use.

If I can say that I've retained one skill from BE shooting, it would be the almost automatic response to getting the gun up, on target & squeezing off the round, without really think about it.................once you've acquired that skill, it never really goes away & carries over into hunting & SD shooting situations..................you will not be laboring over acquiring the target & pulling the trigger.

Good Luck with your venture.

JME

MM
22 1,278 more...
Re: Wtb Burris 2-7x35 or a Leupold ultimate slam 2-7 Steelruger22 13 minutes ago
Another decent one in the same range that you are looking for would be a Vortex Diamondback 2-7x35. Mind you, they use to make both a centerfire and rimfire version of this scope. They currently only list the rimfire version. I have both and aside from the parallax being different, 100 and 50 yards respectfully, they are both solid scopes. Don't know your application, but it sounds like a good contender for what you might be looking for. My centerfire one sits on my Mini 30.
7 526 more...
Re: Iran getting lit up in next 24 to 48 hrs? local_dirt 14 minutes ago
Originally Posted by ribka
Originally Posted by gunswizard
They've got plenty of the best armament, bomb them ragheads back into the stone age where they belong. They've done nothing but create problems for the rest of the world since the mullahs took over.

lol. Those covtards jabs rotted your boomer brain

Tell us about your combat experience war monger

Triple jeopardy bonus round.

Can you actually craft a paragraph without using the word boomer?
26 1,720 more...
Big Game Rifles Jump to new posts
Re: Ok 1 bullet 2 guns help hanco 14 minutes ago
Barnes. 165
20 777 more...
Re: New roof, Slum? gene270 14 minutes ago
if you have a smaller house and use the screw down metal you can get close to shingles but no way will you get standing seem close it seems to be three times the price of shingles around here
50 2,358 more...
FS: Limited Edition Deringer Commemorative Pistols Port 14 minutes ago
Mint Condition, number 23 of 100.
Certified by US Historical Society
$7,000 OBO

If you want additional info or photos please let me know.

I'm open on how to handle the transaction, ideally I'd like to do it face to face. If you're anywhere near Denver/SLC/Casper I can connect with you in person. If shipping, I'll use an FFL even though it's not required.

Thanks.

0 42 more...
Page 1 of 226 1 2 3 225 226
YB23

693 members (10gaugemag, 01Foreman400, 06hunter59, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 10ring1, 73 invisible), 2,238 guests, and 1,303 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,187
Posts18,447,021
Members73,898
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.