Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Hunter's Campfire
6 seconds ago
Originally Posted by hasbeen1945
Originally Posted by JamesJr
If the Republican senators are smart, and that is debatable, they'll realize that the longer they allow this circus to drag itself out, the more long term damage that the GOP is going to suffer. The Democrats are going to hate whoever the Republican president is, it doesn't matter. If John McCain was resurrected from the grave, and became president, they would do whatever they thought was necessary to remove him from office. This has never been about anything Trump did, it's been about the fact that the Democrats are not in power.

I wish I could have said it as plain as you did. Hasbeen

Indeed, the longer they stall, the more irrefutable evidence will accumulate that Trump is guilty and should be removed. Best to eject this as fast as possible and then redirect attention elsewhere. Maybe another attack on Iraq/Iran or some such. Anything to put this in the rear view mirror ASAP.

The GOP can only lose the longer this game goes on....
more...
442 Views · 19 Comments
Hunter's Campfire
21 seconds ago
Originally Posted by xxclaro
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by xxclaro
Originally Posted by smokepole
If someone could "scientifically" prove creation or the existence of God, then believing in them would no longer require faith.

How would that be a problem?

Church would get real crowded.

Which church? Simply proving a God or even creation doesn't change too much, many people already beleive in at least some sort of higher power. People tend to assume that proving a God means proving their particular version of God, which it doesn't do. .

How do you know what "proving a God" entails? What are you basing that particular opinion on?...
more...
5,424 Views · 225 Comments
Hunter's Campfire
31 seconds ago
In one way she is correct. Due to her fine work the left party in America is gone. Not totally of course, but she and her ilk are destroying it....
more...
1,315 Views · 17 Comments
Hunting Rifles
42 seconds ago
Originally Posted by DrDeath
Nothing new from tikka? Remington I think came out with a new model 7. Ruger a redressed Hawkeye

I cannot for the life of me, figure out why Remington will not make a stainless SPS in 6.5 Creedmoor....
more...
2,355 Views · 32 Comments
Hunter's Campfire
57 seconds ago

Don't know your tire size.......but the first three I'd look at.....especially in Alberta

BFG KO2's

Falkin Wildpeak 3's

Goodyear Ultra Terrains......

all mountain snowflake rated

https://www.discounttiredirect.com/buy-tires/goodyear-wrangler-ultraterrain-at...
more...
261 Views · 6 Comments
Alpha
AR and Tactical Rifles
1 minute ago
I posted this earlier today on the 'Campfire, and it fell off the front page. I'll try here.

In honor of Virginia's Governor, Ralph Northam, I've decided to put together a .223 Semi-Auto project. Part of it involved trolling the lake bottom for all those rifles y'all say got lost in a boating accident. With that part complete, I'm now getting on to the next step: ammunition.

The goals of Project Ralph are as follows:

1) Put together a well-regulated semi-auto rifle for the well-regulated post-militia-aged fatman (me). It should be as handy and serviceable as said fatman's M1 Garand, but updated to modern contingencies.
2) Assemble a reasonable stash of 223 Rem/556 NATO ammo that shoots well out of #1
3) Have it all stashed away and forgotten until somebody says I need to hand it over for the good of Society.

As I said, step #1 is complete. I'm now onto the second part of the challenge. For this, I would like to ask for the help of the Campfire.

1) I have a progressive reloader that is set up to load 223 REM.
2) I have some, but not all of the components at hand

Given all that, I have a bunch of questions:

1) Help me define "reasonable stash." I'm figuring 500 rounds ought to be sufficient. I've got more. I'll get more. This is just a first step. By the time I use up 500 rounds, I'll either have made my point or be dead.

2) Purchase or mfg? I see cheap steel-cased blasting ammo for $120/500 right now.

3) FMJ or. . ? To me, FMJ is not necessarily the way I want to go. It's fine for punching paper, and taking on nation states while holding to the Hague Convention, but I'm not thinking of either right now. I'm looking for suggestions. I'm currently leaning towards a 62 grain SP load. It would be enough to take on all manner of vermin, 2-legged or 4. However, there are a lot of good deals out there on 55 grain FMJ.

4) Steel or brass? If I buy ammo, should I figure on reloading brass cases or shooting disposables?

I've got 5 30-round magazines on order along with a pile of stripper clips. My goal is to load everything up, stick it in a bag with a shoulder strap and then seal it all up and wait for a bright shiny day....
more...
3 Views · 0 Comments
Hunter's Campfire
1 minute ago
The tail rotor separated from the fuselage in flight? What in the world? How can that happen? Did they hit a power line or a tree to cause that?...
more...
738 Views · 26 Comments
Hunter's Campfire
1 minute ago
Originally Posted by 16bore
You’re not upset because he was a millionaire? Ok. People gathered at the arena where he played just to remember him.

Maybe he influenced a few folks....

When Hillary kicks the bucket, I would guess a big crowd will gather to mourn her passing. I want be in the crowd. Hasbeen...
more...
6,254 Views · 220 Comments
Free Classifieds
1 minute ago
Deal with Ron with confidence. He is one of the good guys....
more...
274 Views · 2 Comments
Hunter's Campfire
2 minutes ago
My little wife likes to look in on the Grammy's, and we "tried". I could not keep up with the Rap Adoration....I put it in the same category as "Scat Jazz" ( or 98% of all Jazz to me! ha) I was embarrassed for Steve Tyler...poor guy is lost in the '70s. While I am also not a real big C&W fan ( I don't know what they call this new stuff C&W) I could not help but wonder what Bod Wills and Hank Williams would have thought of the "proud" Queer Black kid in his sequenced suit!!! I didn't get through his routine. When I went back to it..there is Ol Billy Rae Cyrus trying to be relevant..."Where is Travis Tritt and Marty Stewart" when you need them! ha I couldn't watch anymore...guess I have finally turned into my father, ha!...
more...
5 Views · 0 Comments
Bravo
Hunter's Campfire
2 minutes ago
We bought a Toyota Highlander last summer. We found a dealer demo with 7k miles, priced $7k below new price. 7k miles is nothing, hardly broken in. The car is immaculate and has most of the warranty left....
more...
1,152 Views · 35 Comments
Free Classifieds
2 minutes ago
bumb...
more...
793 Views · 11 Comments
Free Classifieds
2 minutes ago
ttt...
more...
770 Views · 18 Comments
Hunter's Campfire
3 minutes ago
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
Roger is who he is....Deb met my friends who came to fish with me for a few day,she was mesmerized like a moth to the flame or some one driving by a bad wreck but couldn't look away...Roger regaled with stories of knife fights and shootings whilst he and another were sharing the same woman ,tails of old station wagons and cousins

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

That picture says “we drank a bottle of bourbon last night and i need this beer to wake up.” Lol. I like it...
more...
3,903 Views · 138 Comments
Hunter's Campfire
3 minutes ago
Originally Posted by victoro

[quote=ol_mike]I love the 10 day forecast that changes daily , laf .

I'm impressed that they get it right as often as they do.

Not that I could do any better,they're pretty damn good IMO....
more...
920 Views · 32 Comments
Hunter's Campfire
3 minutes ago
Originally Posted by slumlord
The VFW outside Ft Campbell, doesn’t have sanitary sewer. lol

They have a septic system with a slow perc soil. They’ve had some really bad surfacing issues behind the building. Pretty much, you’re better off pissing behind the dumpster to give the field lines a ‘rest’. You flush and ...there’s a “gurkle, gurkle, gurkle” audible from the back grassy lot.

Sometimes you have to wear Mucks if you want to do the turkey shoot back there.

Take a shît at home, they can’t handle any brown trout.

They can’t swing the $30k for the E-One grinder and 120ft bore under 5 lanes to catch the forcemain.

lol

That's the one that's on the road going to the Sportsman Lodge and the riding stables isn't it. Lafayette Road, I believe?

If so, it's not much....
more...
75 Views · 5 Comments
Deer Hunting
3 minutes ago
Time to stir the pot wink

"Kassandra kills her first elk at 688 yds after following a large herd for hours. Rifle was a 243 Winchester shooting the 105 VLD."

Our family harvests many deer with .243 and 80g Barnes TTSX. No problems at all smile...
more...
5,931 Views · 116 Comments
Free Classifieds
3 minutes ago
bumb...
more...
739 Views · 14 Comments
Hunter's Campfire
3 minutes ago
Wasn’t he in that movie Office Space?...
more...
929 Views · 28 Comments
Free Classifieds
3 minutes ago
Bump.......
more...
538 Views · 7 Comments
Free Classifieds
4 minutes ago
Sorry, I feel $35 shipped is a fair price for a set of Redding dies in this condition. Shipping alone is $7.90.

I do appreciate the offer though it does appear the norm on this forum, and I prefer, offers via PM so that they do not clutter up the posting....
more...
119 Views · 4 Comments
Free Classifieds
5 minutes ago
Bump...
more...
1,160 Views · 29 Comments
Deer Hunting
5 minutes ago
If you want the flattest possible trajectory at your state range, with predictable results, it would be hard to beat the 130-grain coppers. I have shot a number of deer with the Hornady Interlock 150s at 3000 fps and they do real well, but may not always exit on large deer. It just depends on what your priorities are. If you are wanting the best trajectory, the lighter bullets will definitely give you a better path, but not by much....
more...
1,363 Views · 39 Comments
Backpack Hunting
7 minutes ago
Here's a trick with a point & shoot camera - use it like a spotting scope. Do you see a deer on the far hillside but just can't make out the size of the antlers? Zoom the camera in to it's max, rest it on something to get as steady as possible and take the shot. Switch it to play back your photos and enlarge it on the screen. You'll be able to pull it in real close. The quality of the photo will be crap but you can see enough detail to know what's what....
more...
3,229 Views · 42 Comments
Ask The Gunwriters
7 minutes ago
As too your question on usefullness of "old" brass, I`ve used 06 stuff that was seated in "39". I annealed it first, but no problems with it.
Sure wasn`t the best quality tho....
more...
1,122 Views · 19 Comments
Page 1 of 285 1 2 3 284 285
RR1
Who's Online Now
703 registered members (1lessdog, 163bc, 06hunter59, 1bigdude, 01Foreman400, 80 invisible), 3,716 guests, and 537 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
RR2/3

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2020 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.