24hourcampfire.com
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Big Game Rifles
1 minute ago
Look in the nosler load manual, likely use H4831 and work up a load your particular rifle likes. Learn an easy way to find the lands and start .020" off. Or wait for it, someone here has the magic load that works in every 270...
more...
14 Views · 1 Comments
Hunter's Campfire
2 minutes ago
No.

Never have....
more...
1,375 Views · 51 Comments
Hunter's Campfire
2 minutes ago
The lesson here is that you leave your kid with people this stupid.

Don’t do that....
more...
785 Views · 24 Comments
Hunter's Campfire
3 minutes ago
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by GRIZZ
Who's phil ?

He goes by Phil Macrevice on DU.

Not Ducks Unlimited either.

Ok Jim, you keep posting about DU and Gayghost.
And I keep waiting to find a hint.
What the heck is DU, that isn't about Ducks?...
more...
1,029 Views · 49 Comments
Hunter's Campfire
5 minutes ago
Must hate covtards....
more...
3,232 Views · 68 Comments
IC-A
Hunter's Campfire
6 minutes ago
Aces,
My daughter has ideas, and they usually come right out her mouth.
Some say she is "Her Dad without a weiner".
She has already got in trouble with a teacher over this.
I keep telling her to ignore the freaks, keep her head down and
mind her business. (Do as I say...) And pray for them.

There has to be a problem in a teenagers life to do this.

I think.

Just realized it isn't exactly different than an ear ring or ponytail
on a boy. Both were shocking things in the 80's when I was a kid.

If they need the attention and want reaction, they gotta keep
pushing past new "normals"....
more...
330 Views · 8 Comments
Hunter's Campfire
18 minutes ago
Pain....
more...
733 Views · 28 Comments
Free Classifieds
30 minutes ago
F.S. I have a RCBS Chargemaster Lite powder dispenser that is LNIB, I bought it new several months ago and have used it one time. I never load more than 20 or 25 shells at a time and it’s just easier for me to use a set of digital scales. 225.00 plus actual shipping....
more...
32 Views · 0 Comments
Hunter's Campfire
33 minutes ago
Prayers sent ....
more...
318 Views · 17 Comments
Miscellaneous
33 minutes ago
[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]...
more...
4,817,970 Views · 65,224 Comments
IC-B
Handguns
35 minutes ago
Originally Posted by GunGeek
You have to remember when talking about the Hi Power that its a Legacy pistol. It wasn't designed for the version of 9mm we shoot today. CZ made metallurgical changes to their slides & frames (B and later) to accommodate 9mm NATO, and FN didn't fully address that issue with the Hi Power. So most (but not all) Hi Powers aren't really compatible with modern NATO pressure rounds.

If you're looking for a pistol that you're going to treat like your lawnmower; a Hi Power probably isn't for you. I wouldn't recommend the CZ75 for that kind of use either.

The Hi Power is in the same category as the 1911; it's an enthusiasts pistol. And enthusiasts know which ammunition is appropriate for their pistol, and they're quite content with the world.

This^^^^
I have only T series BHP's. They are the only 9mm pistols I have. I am perfectly happy shooting standard pressure 115gr. bullets. All shoot well except for the old style Gold Dots. No need for +P loads.

The Marlin 9mm Camp Carbine teamed up with Grandkids keeps me busy loading. So I bought a few cases of 9mm NATO for them to shoot. Won't shoot those in my old BHP's....
more...
1,026 Views · 14 Comments
Free Classifieds
48 minutes ago
I'll take it...
more...
98 Views · 2 Comments
Ask The Gunwriters
48 minutes ago
This little buck agrees with the OP.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]...
more...
292 Views · 7 Comments
Muzzleloaders
55 minutes ago
Originally Posted by barnabus
Originally Posted by mjbgalt
What's that thing on toppa yer rifle lol

I just dont get putting a scope on a side lock SMH

Well, I can't see that well. I have other sidelocks with peeps, when the scope isn't legal. The real problem is seeing the sights in low light, and also making sure I'm only shooting at a legal deer. This was about 82 yards (measured it yesterday), and the light was good. I could clearly see she was a legal doe. That is not always the case ....
more...
464 Views · 16 Comments
Free Classifieds
1 hour ago
85.00 tyd...
more...
118 Views · 1 Comments
Savage Collectors
1 hour ago
Just picked up another E in 300, to hunt with, I have a couple of one piece mounts, a refield and a burris. Ive not used the one piece before, are they alright or should i use a set of weavers? All info and opinions appreciated. Paul...
more...
15 Views · 0 Comments
Deer Hunting
1 hour ago
I’ve used the Tinks for years. Good stuff, watched deer follow my boot prints all the way to the stand!...
more...
4,566 Views · 63 Comments
Hunter's Campfire
1 hour ago
Jump to new posts Re: Q by K22
Originally Posted by BigNate
Originally Posted by K22
Originally Posted by BigNate
So you are going to shed light oh wise one by insulting me. You are pathetic!

People have known about the corruption, child trafficking, cia manipulation, Paperclip, etc. For twenty years. Who's been brought to justice?

Cue has told of arrests, Hillary for instance, yet she's still running around, shooting off at the mouth. I want to see death penalties carried out.

I take it you believe that is her you see on your "tele vision", where they interrupt the "programing" but will bring you back to the normal "programming" soon.
No propaganda going on there now is there. LOL

And if you knew about the corruption, child trafficking, cia manipulation, ect. for thwenty years, why haven't you done any thing about it???? Hhmmmmm
Oh ya, you're waiting for someone else to do it for you.

You assume I've done nothing. Secondly, if one takes action by themselves what happens? Have you only believed what you want, and ignored all other possibilities? There have been leaks of information that should have triggered more than it did. Why do you suppose? DOJ, SCOTUS, FBI, CIA, Congress. And every other government entity is corrupt. Snowden, Asante, Kappie, ..... did anything come of their efforts?

Look at the support Trump has. Even "out of office" he could call on the public to overthrow the current government and it would get done. It would have to be all or nothing.
Talking about red October is just that. We're more than halfway through it. When do we see arrests? Procecuting?

Like others, I've been doing this a longtime now, long enough to have zero faith in our fellow "Patriots". Until these fellow "Patriots" do something themselves it has not gotten bad enough....
more...
2,031,871 Views · 27,493 Comments
Hunter's Campfire
1 hour ago
Originally Posted by 2ndwind
The programing is not as impressive as it was "back in the day" but it's kind of nice to know you can still pick up long range AM stations incase something disrupts more local sources.

Yeah, I occasionally play around with AM (medium wave) reception. I'm not sure of your location but see if you can pick up Radio Rebelde in Havana, Cuba on 670 AM. The station is only about 900 miles from my location and I can occasionally receive it at night.

Here's their online audio stream: https://icecast.teveo.cu/zrXXWK9F

Having grown up during the Cold War, it still amazes me that I can listen to a Cuban radio station on the Internet. Times sure have changed.

Bob F....
more...
2,891 Views · 67 Comments
Big Game Rifles
2 hours ago
Originally Posted by 79S
I loaded 10 up with 42.6gr staBALL shooting 100gr hornady’s And I got 2813 fps for my avg. groups were okay, but nothing I be happy with. I tried imr 4350 42.0grs with 95gr partitions I was getting 2880. Groups are still not great, I loaded them .010 off the lands.

Start adding the powder to that 95 grain load. It will speed up and I bet groups shrink....
more...
600 Views · 13 Comments
Backpack Hunting
2 hours ago
I have one which I used as a stand alone, that is, without the frame and as a utility daypack only.

The main zip gots stuck all the time and it needed both hands, ungloved, and some effort to run it open. It somehow used to work better in the opposite direction.

The compression straps and belt do not hold up tight and loosen afeter a while. Once, I lost a rain pant I was carrying in the outside compression panel.

Now I only use it in unsubstantial walk-arounds and never while hunting....
more...
85 Views · 1 Comments
Hunter's Campfire
2 hours ago
Me and Art Bell spent many a night together when I was making long after hours commutes in the 90's....
more...
2,180 Views · 48 Comments
Handguns
3 hours ago
Originally Posted by TheKid
They were all pinned on the heavy barrels. The skinny barrels had the blade forged integral. They pinned them and polished the ends flush during final finishing before being blued. It’s very difficult to redo one and have it be invisible like the factory did. It may end up being cheaper and easier to get a used barrel and replace it if the finish on the rest of the gun isn’t pristine.

Does this apply to the M13, M65 and M64HB, too?
more...
703 Views · 12 Comments
Alaska
3 hours ago
Iron,
Spot on! That 600 gram Stihl hatchet is a good one. It was forged by prandi of Italy, and fitted with an ash handle. I believe it is c45 steel. I run one as well for knocking spruce bows off trees on the trail. I've even hewed out a replacement stanchion for the dog sled after an accident that broke the sled. A little thin in kerf for splitting spruce but dmn good for hand work, hewing out tools or sled parts. It NEVER chips in the below zero and holds an edge.

Cwh2,
The Stihl line up is a good one. Above the Stihl branded prandi hatchet, it's all Ochsenskopf German steel. Some are fitted with ash handles, and the pro stuff fitted with hickory.

I only like the steel collars on the splitting axes, to protect the handle. So I usually get the Stihl branded splitting axes. They have a stout top plate system too, that uses a long torx screw and a roll pin. I split all my wood by hand, and the head never loosens.

The steel collars and top plate are not needed on the forestry axes, and add too much weight. Also difficult to choke up on them for detailed work with that steel collar.

For that reason, I just bypass the Stihl branded stuff and go right to Ochsenskopf for the hickory handle, minus the steel collar for the forestry axes. I like the 1250 gram one for pounding felling wedges and general camp use.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000UZ18NS/ref=emc_b_5_mob_i

more...
6,681 Views · 54 Comments
Food, Cooking, and Game Preparation
3 hours ago
I translated it for my co-workers. They needed kleenex for both ends of their bodies....
more...
371 Views · 5 Comments
Page 1 of 252 1 2 3 251 252
RR1
Who's Online Now
187 registered members (10gaugemag, 257 mag, 1lessdog, 1Longbow, 01Foreman400, 27 invisible), 717 guests, and 627 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
RR2/3

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2022 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.