24hourcampfire.com
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Hunter's Campfire
32 seconds ago
Very nice Scat. I really enjoy these threads other that it tempts me to tread where I don't belong. Hope we'll see the finished work. Couldn't hurt to share some pics of that upcoming hunt too....
more...
3,956 Views · 58 Comments
Hunter's Campfire
1 minute ago
I used to work in a plant with 30' 3-legged wooden ladders finishing laminated beams. OSHA saved a few of us when they discovered them.

I quit using ladders about 10 years ago, and after falling off my back step two weeks ago and breaking my hip I can see handrails in my future.

Be careful where ever you are----flat smooth earth is still safe!...
more...
606 Views · 32 Comments
Rural Living
2 minutes ago
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by JamesJr
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Very interesting!

I like to see produce grown and sold locally!

What's with those damned steel tractor tires? Last time I saw any of those, it was in Mexico on a tractor they used for shredding brush, and didn't want to deal with flats... Rough riding.

Barry, there are two different groups of local Mennonites. One group uses only horses, the big Belgiums, to farm with, while the other group use tractors.............which must be steel wheel. Even their combines are on steel, as well. Their theory, supposedly, is that if a tractor is on steel wheels, they won't be tempted to use it for anything other than actual farming activities............which is BS, as they always figure out a way to get arounfd that.

We also have in my area, Amish, some of which are very modern, and use modern equipment (on rubber tires), then there are the Old Order Amsih, that use only horses. They are all sorts of those kinds of people.

LOL! smile

The Devil tempts them with rubber tires!

Funny how people justify stuff to ease their conscience.

I always thought it was funny in NW PA Amish country that they wouldn't have a car but would ride with an "Englishman" to work or to the Wal-mart 20 miles away.

Funny how people interpret the same words in a book to suit their needs?...
more...
170 Views · 7 Comments
Ask The Gunwriters
2 minutes ago

I still think that the most important variable is the shooter....
more...
2,098 Views · 44 Comments
Miscellaneous
2 minutes ago
[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
more...
232,792 Views · 3,895 Comments
IC-A
Freshwater
4 minutes ago
I would recommend sealing the plywood with epoxy. I used some West Marine epoxy on the wood in my jon boat. I thinned the first coat with acetone so it would penetrate better. There are a few boating websites that sell epoxy....
more...
248 Views · 10 Comments
Hunter's Campfire
4 minutes ago
Originally Posted by RS308MX
Remember Hale-Bopp? That one was incredible.

I got up to whiz about 1:00 am and looked up through the skylight. Wow. I got Carol and Ben outta bed, and we spent an hour or more in the yard on a blanket, marveling at it.
Where and when is the best time for NEOWISE here in the northeast? Maybe Penny and I can check it out.
7mm...
more...
382 Views · 12 Comments
Hunter's Campfire
4 minutes ago
Also, can we be sure the 130,000 actually died from Covid. Since all deaths were counted as covid deaths if the person had it in their system whether they died from a heart attack , suicide and even car wrecks. In NY if people died at home and were never tested before or after death it was counted as a Covid death. What sense does that make....
more...
198 Views · 8 Comments
Hunting Optics
6 minutes ago
Two Dakotas and only one scope?...
more...
893 Views · 31 Comments
Hunter's Campfire
7 minutes ago
Some days I wish I were drunk. wink...
more...
174 Views · 8 Comments
IC-B
Rural Living
8 minutes ago
Originally Posted by longarm
It's elephant garlic gone to bloom. Your description fits it to a tee. I have it in my garden as well and let it go to flower just because the bees like it so much.

Aha,

I missed the flattened leaves in the OP.

The walking onions have round leaves.

Interesting this year, in that some of them not only have the bulblets, but another shoot is starting out past them and there is a typical allium (onion) type flower. I've been growing these for darn near 10 years and never seen that before.
more...
401 Views · 11 Comments
Hunting Rifles
9 minutes ago
My Montana Rifle Co. M 1999 chambered for the .338 RUM....
more...
2,583 Views · 49 Comments
Hunter's Campfire
9 minutes ago
During college, my son worked as a waiter in a nice restaurant here. He was quite good at it, unfortunately TOO good. They had a policy that if a customer wasn't happy, their meal was free. Of course they knew who the chronic bitchers were and when one of them came in, they'd put their best people on them to make them happy. However, the bitchers were also the worst tippers, usually nothing at all. My son was one of the waiters who got the bitchers and he hated it. He did twice the work but didn't get the money. He finally told the boss that he wasn't going to do any more of them unless he got a bitcher bonus to replace the tip. The boss agreed....
more...
280 Views · 7 Comments
Hunter's Campfire
9 minutes ago
Originally Posted by 12344mag

LMAO!

Tell him not to be a pussy and load the .44mag up and go finish the damn chicken coop!

[Linked Image from secure.img1-fg.wfcdn.com]...
more...
460 Views · 14 Comments
Hunter's Campfire
10 minutes ago
Toby will tell her!!!...
more...
10,690 Views · 254 Comments
Free Classifieds
10 minutes ago
Pm sent...
more...
26 Views · 2 Comments
Free Classifieds
11 minutes ago
Willing to trade for a new manufacture Win 1886 deluxe in 45-70...
more...
9,824 Views · 90 Comments
Hunter's Campfire
11 minutes ago
Originally Posted by JakeBlues
Originally Posted by RichardAustin
Originally Posted by JakeBlues
Main fight was a major snoozer watching Usman hump his opponent's leg for 5 rounds. I was glad to see Rose win though. Aldo should retire.

Ive never understood why if one doesnt like or appreciate grappling, why watch mma? Muay Thai or kickboxing both allow one strike to a grounded opponent. Usman fought a smart fight. Wore Jorge down then let his hands go. Great fight plan.

I did wrestling and judo so I appreciate grappling. I just hate Usman and wanted him to lose. But also found it boring. Just because I can agree it was smart strategy, doesn't make it an exciting fight for me.

Fair enough I don't like usman either but we better get used to him as the guy that could beati retired...
more...
394 Views · 11 Comments
Free Classifieds
12 minutes ago
Would be willing to trade for a recent manufacture Win 1886 deluxe 45-70....
more...
5,452 Views · 53 Comments
Winchester Collectors
12 minutes ago
Very nice!
IIIRC the breakdown of the weight differences b/w the std and fw are ~ 11 oz for the barrel, 3 oz for the bm, and a few ounces for the stock....
more...
347 Views · 13 Comments
Hunter's Campfire
13 minutes ago
Where was Comey when his FBI was helping Hillary destroy her electronic devices?...
more...
2,342 Views · 54 Comments
Hunter's Campfire
13 minutes ago
I don't agree one iota what you guys say about teachers. My family consists of 4 teachers now retired ,all women and there is no one in such a low paying job that works harder and more hours than they do. My wife and all teachers I have ever know spend a lot of their own money to get their job done and done right. I think this is true of all teachers in Montana. If there is a bad one, they lose their jobs immediately. Also, most the good free things for the underprivileged kids and families are funded and maintained by teachers year round .
Now I will admit I know nothing about inner city kids, but I can see where a teacher can get burned out.
Also, I have known a lot of teachers that just couldn't afford to teach and got higher paying jobs immediately.
My daughter teaches in probably Montana's largest school district and she wouldn't trade it for any other job. My sister in -law just retired from teaching and she still goes and helps out for no pay.

I guess I am stupid enough to believe I am in the majority....
more...
438 Views · 10 Comments
Food, Cooking, and Game Preparation
14 minutes ago

We ate a lot of sour cream as kids. It used to come in the glasses with different colored dots (people actually collect them now). One of my grandmother’s dishes was sour cream diluted with white vinegar, sliced cucumbers and thinly sliced Vidalia onion garnished with ground black pepper and salt then chilled in the refrigerator for about an hour before serving. For those who don’t care for sour cream substitute plain water mixed with white vinegar with the same ingredients....
more...
350 Views · 12 Comments
Free Classifieds
14 minutes ago
There could be...
Let me know what you're thinking and we can go from there...
more...
633 Views · 6 Comments
Custom Rifles & Wildcats
15 minutes ago
Originally Posted by Oregonmuley
Good info aalf, glad you confirmed it was Ok to cut off some on the shank end. The CF blank I have is supposed to finish @ 24", but it looks like if I can cut off 3/4" on the shank and up to another inch on the muzzle I could be really close to 23" or a little less which would be perfect.

Standard procedure on any barrel is to cut at least an inch off the muzzle end of a new blank due to "belling" of the bore from lapping. Bartlein doesn't want much more than one inch taken off these, there's only two inches total there on carbons.

Since mine was going to be a 6x47 Lapua, he didn't see a problem taking 3/4" off the shank. Obviously a bigger (longer) chamber could be a no no.

Originally Posted by Oregonmuley
Did you smith have any commits on how the barrel looked overall??

He never mentioned anything out of the ordinary....
more...
103 Views · 7 Comments
Page 1 of 216 1 2 3 215 216
RR1
Who's Online Now
562 registered members (1234, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 160user, 10essee, 117LBS, 69 invisible), 1,851 guests, and 1,002 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
RR2/3

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2020 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.