Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Miscellaneous
13 seconds ago
Morning!...
more...
3,853,460 Views · 53,062 Comments
Savage Collectors
6 minutes ago
"When you buy a signed book, it will be a book I've had shipped to my house, and that I will then ship to you."

You need to post that on the website very clearly. Also the number requested which would be dropped at some point....
more...
10,441 Views · 179 Comments
Hunting Rifles
7 minutes ago
Pre-64 Model 70's, factory and custom.
98 Mauser/Browning Safari.
M-70 Classics [NH].
1886 Winchester originals, Browning '86 replicas.
'71 Winchester.
'74 Sharps, originals, Shiloh and C-Sharps....
more...
1,273 Views · 43 Comments
BPCR
13 minutes ago
Dang good stuff Dan, that big Lyman is a stoner on all critters, great and small, fine shooting Sir....
more...
1,071 Views · 27 Comments
Express Rifles and Big Bores Only
16 minutes ago
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Originally Posted by gunner500
Damn, hell of an animal Sir Woods, it's past time for me to go get another buffalo [bison], they're absolutely delicious, grilled, smoked or from Wife's favorite cast iron seasoned skillets.

Delicious for sure.

I still remember those packages you slipped me a few years ago.

DF

Glad to hear you enjoyed them DF, i'm ripping to find another buffalo hunt, going to be a bit different without Saint Bagwell....
more...
66,999 Views · 931 Comments
IC-A
Africa
18 minutes ago
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by gunner500
Yes, 300gr Hornady FMJ's and Partitions at 3000 fps with IMR-7828, i was young and slap full of piss and vinegar, bought the MK-V Weatherby at Carter Country Sports in Houston Tx 1986, the rifle came magnaported, after a few ears it developed a barrel bulge at the ports, 'Smth buddy took pics for Weatherby, cut the barrel and crowned it at 24 inches, with that he dropped it into a fully bedded and pillared Pacific Research stock.

I can say to this day nothing has slapped the piss out of me like a 24 inch barreled 378 WBY in a syn stock, ho lee damn, a real eye opener! ; ]

BTW, the little 2-7x33 Leupold in Leupold dual dovetail rings and bases never missed a lick, that rifle was a shoulder fired cannon, BTW, at 'Smiths request, the action was drilled and tapped to 8-40 threads and ring halves were cemented. LOL

That rigs sounds like a party.........at the hospital ER.

7 sutures to close the right eyebrow, stat.

😬🦫

LOL, maybe the chicks would have dug a brand new Capitol C betwixt the eyes ; ] never got kissed by that 378 WBY, was sitting on a low rock, back against tree, rattled up a nice buck, shooting off knees Knight MK-85 54 cal with 150gr Pyrodex P under sabot 325gr Barnes gaping HP, i felt it, but didnt break skin, the buck fared much worse....
more...
842 Views · 9 Comments
Ask The Gunwriters
30 minutes ago
I was annointed as a gunwriter by our late Mister Howell.

He and I had been having a bit of a squabble over the objective veracity of gun articles and the actual intentions of their writers. It was from this that I concocted the first posting about the Pillar of TrVth. For those of you who are unaware, the Pillar of TrVth stands out in a forlorn patch of weeds just behind the main Campfire. It is available for any camper who wishes to use it. You simply stand on top of the pillar and make a pronouncement. If what you say is objectively true, you get a pretty little green light and a sentimental ringtone. If what you stated is false, a rather large bolt of lightning issues from the heavens and zaps you into a pile of ashes.

If memory serves, the nut of my squabble with Ken was the actual motivation for gunwriting. My contention was that it was entertainment. Ken wanted to present a loftier opinion. In the midst of the exchange, I stated that the Pillar of TrVth would go unused by any gunwriter. Ken agreed and it was on this point, that he anointed me as an official gunwriter.

We stopped mowing around The Pillar of TrVth about a decade ago. It's still there if anyone wishes to use it. However, I'd suggest bringing me along to show you how it works. You'll also have quite a job clearing away the brambles....
more...
788 Views · 21 Comments
Hunter's Campfire
50 minutes ago
Action shot! Let's get this day going! Neighhhhh!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]...
more...
2,997 Views · 127 Comments
Hunter's Campfire
1 hour ago
US93 between Wickenburg and Kingman traverses what has to be some of the harshest ruggedest desert landscape in the US. Went through there about a month ago and thought about how damned serious it'd been to be out there afoot or horseback not knowing where the water was. It's definitely "two spares" country for the 4x4......
more...
219 Views · 1 Comments
Free Classifieds
1 hour ago
I’d like it. Shoot me a PM with payment info and I’ll get it over to you....
more...
509 Views · 6 Comments
IC-B
Rimfires
1 hour ago
They got the metal bit right but the wood bit would be better in the fireplace...
more...
57 Views · 1 Comments
Hunter's Campfire
1 hour ago
Bring on the winter so these old women can bitch about the cold...
more...
385 Views · 15 Comments
Hunter's Campfire
1 hour ago
Elmer, little bulshitartist in a big hat,, Oconner, yep more of the same, they could write a fancy line...
more...
221 Views · 5 Comments
Gunsmithing
1 hour ago
I was thinking of a comparison…. “Can I make my Harley Davison into a Moped?”
more...
435 Views · 7 Comments
Canada
1 hour ago
Well watching the ash falling at 1:00 this morning, not sure which fire it is from, lots of smoke....
more...
3,114 Views · 48 Comments
Air Guns
1 hour ago
I think you are right, barrel backwards, but I’m curious, have you shot it?… tested for accuracy?...
more...
264 Views · 2 Comments
Hunter's Campfire
1 hour ago
But does Mikey like it? Be Well, RZ....
more...
1,193 Views · 32 Comments
Hunter's Campfire
2 hours ago
Originally Posted by BobBrown
Originally Posted by ribka

Thats the problem. The Biden admin are pushing low cost housing be built next to nice neighborhoods all over the US now. Good luck with house value if you didnt buy in the right area

Originally Posted by pahick

Having lived and worked outside of Philadelphia in the past you couldn't pay me now to live in PA. Id rather live in a yurt out west in the mountains any day. But best of luck to you in your empty home.

This area isnt as bad as Philly, but its getting worse. 2hrs to Philly, 45 min to Bmore..... everyones scrambling to get out of the cities. Id rather be living in northern PA. I can get a job...and thats all it is a job..20/hr and live like a king compared to here. I wouldnt have bought this if the previous owner didnt have to up and head back to Aiken. Quick, price was right but taxes are hell. Now DOT is contemplating a mileage tax....our gas tax on top of property and schools is phuggin unreal. 12 more years, and im gone.

Unfortunately all of the smaller cities in PA are infested with violent crime thanks to more diverse populaces taking over. Cant really find a decent place on the north east coast outside of New Hampshire and Maine which will both be ruined due all of the Dems moving there

Shame your home value will keep decreasing every year by the time you move out

Border county, as long as Maryland stays a schithole I wont lose. The only thing I worry about is theres a development not 100yrds from me and theyre expanding. SUPPOSED to be 300k+ homes going in like the current part of the development but a new contractor bought the extension, and they arent known for higher quality homes. Hearing coming up soon so ill know then what to expect.

Go west a county or 2 and the crime and taxes arent as bad. Good place to retire. Here though, youre right, crime is an issue. New York to Bmore runs right through us.

This sucks bigly.

Originally Posted by deflave
Already statedr I got J&J. Seriously considering getting Pfizer. Undecided IF I do it if ill go with one dose or 2. Still looking at others who've done it and how theyre getting on. Probably will wait til end of September to see if cases shoot up or not.

This has to be one of the most pathetic things I've ever read.

LOL

OMG. Following and making long-term health decisions based on Biden Politburo Central Committee controlled *statistics*?...
more...
2,724 Views · 94 Comments
Free Classifieds
2 hours ago
tag...
more...
125 Views · 3 Comments
Hunter's Campfire
2 hours ago
1:00 in the morning and watching the ash falling down.
Lots of smoke....
more...
1,024 Views · 37 Comments
Africa
2 hours ago
TBear47 good luck with the sale. I have that rifle with no ports. It has better manners than I thought it would. Just not as much snort and kick. Be Well, RZ....
more...
1,162 Views · 12 Comments
Free Classifieds
2 hours ago
Where are you in Phx? I’m in Goodyear.
You can PM me but you’re to new to receive one from me. ...
more...
1,614 Views · 28 Comments
Gun Dogs
2 hours ago
The ACs and big fans have been going 24/7 for the past month and a half. Can't wait to see the electric bill but as least the dogs are cool and comfy....
more...
393 Views · 11 Comments
Hunter's Campfire
2 hours ago
Awesome pictures! I do not get out much any more....
more...
37,224 Views · 1,589 Comments
Big Game Rifles
2 hours ago
Originally Posted by gunswizard
BS is strictly your opinion, most Whelen owners would not agree with you..

You've taken a poll of most Whelen owners?...
more...
422 Views · 16 Comments
Page 1 of 210 1 2 3 209 210
RR1b
Who's Online Now
141 registered members (3dtestify, 01Foreman400, 257 mag, 10Glocks, 405winash, 1100mag, 13 invisible), 1,679 guests, and 826 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
RR2/3

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2020 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.