Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Deer Hunting
2 minutes ago
95 grain Nosler BT work famously in .243....
more...
42 Views · 1 Comments
General Big Game
3 minutes ago
CONGRATULATIONS!...
more...
172 Views · 10 Comments
Hunter's Campfire
5 minutes ago
Russia gets Kurds to ally with Assad against Turkey???
Who wins that one?
WW1 type powder keg....
more...
343 Views · 11 Comments
Gunsmithing
15 minutes ago
Who to believe, you or my lying eyes? Notice I said art quality oils, not hardware store which is a crap shoot at best. Even way back Newel said there was a lot of inferior quality oil being sold and to be cautious....
more...
1,379 Views · 42 Comments
Hunter's Campfire
15 minutes ago
I've rarely used the RCBS customer service but it was great when I did.....the very best is Hornady.....but I'm not at all thrilled with their reloading tools.

To this day, I remain a RCBS customer and expect that won't change....
more...
565 Views · 14 Comments
Alpha
Hunter's Campfire
34 minutes ago
Isn't that iconic....
more...
694 Views · 13 Comments
Hunter's Campfire
35 minutes ago
I take it back. Has CNN and fellow travelers running around with their hair on fire, proclaiming if violence results it's (somehow) Trump's fault. Worth it just to watch the MSM make fools of themselves....
more...
486 Views · 11 Comments
Hunting Optics
36 minutes ago
Originally Posted by koshkin
I like many Vortex scopes, but Crossfire is not one of them.

To be fair, I do not think VX-2 is particularly worthwhile for the money either.

What is your budget?

ILya

+1...
more...
245 Views · 13 Comments
Hunting Optics
38 minutes ago
game, set, match???...
more...
271 Views · 7 Comments
Big Game Rifles
45 minutes ago
Mine likes 120 Ballistic Tips with either TAC or BL-C(2)....
more...
69 Views · 3 Comments
Bravo
Savage Collectors
51 minutes ago
I dont see the info on that in the posts, anything definite yet on date n place? Mel...
more...
11 Views · 0 Comments
Backpack Hunting
56 minutes ago
I were Costco mid weight merino wool socks over 6 months a year, love them....
more...
260 Views · 6 Comments
Big Game Rifles
57 minutes ago
Originally Posted by Yondering
[quote=Formidilosus]

[quote=Yondering]
Thanks for the info. I'd guess similar or a little less penetration then?

Apologize for the delay. Similar penetration generally....
more...
577 Views · 7 Comments
Free Classifieds
59 minutes ago
VX-2 sold pending funds...
more...
231 Views · 4 Comments
Hunter's Campfire
1 hour ago
Originally Posted by StuckInOhio
We are forced to wear an orange hat for hunting in PA. For cold weather, I use an insulated hardhat liner with a blaze orange knit hat over it. Yes, bald is beautiful.

A few years ago I threatened to show up for bird hunting wearing one of these. I dare ya.

[Linked Image from images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com]...
more...
954 Views · 37 Comments
Ask The Gunwriters
1 hour ago
Originally Posted by 1Akshooter
[align:left][/align]I need to find some factory seconds Partitions. You guys have motivated me. I have a bunch of 220 grain Speer Flat Points and a couple boxes of the 250 grain bullets from Alaska Bullet Works. I talked to them the other day and they will look at making up some 220 to 225 rain bonded flat nose .35 caliber bullets. I think any of the above mentioned bullets will work on moose and bears, just need to get close. I do want a reliable 200 yard moose bullet for lung or shoulder shots on moose.

What is best way to put a crimping groove on the bullet?

Forget putting a crimping groove aka cannelure on bullets. Just get a Lee Factory Crimp Die and be done with it....
more...
1,279 Views · 14 Comments
Hunting Rifles
1 hour ago
I seen a few on ebay brand new, but I wouldn't mind getting them used?...
more...
21 Views · 0 Comments
Hunting Rifles
1 hour ago
Damn, you pretty much help me a lot with all that information but I got one more question I bought the hopps # 9 should I replace it with CorrosionX or Eezox?...
more...
3,678 Views · 62 Comments
Hunter's Campfire
1 hour ago
Someday he will learn who feeds him....
more...
771 Views · 20 Comments
Hunter's Campfire
1 hour ago
Originally Posted by steve4102
Supposedly the IG report is coming out on the 18th.
What can we expect from this "thick as a phone book" report?

1) Devastating and a Bomb Shell, heads will roll.

2) Watered Down, Horowitz once again pulled punches to protect the institutions, but does make a few token criminal referrals to the DOJ.

3) Although there were mistakes, missteps and violations, nothing that rose to the level of criminal activity, nothing to see here move along
.....................I will go with a combo of #1 and #2........................
more...
488 Views · 12 Comments
Hunter's Campfire
1 hour ago
more...
309,625 Views · 7,461 Comments
Hunting Optics
2 hours ago
Originally Posted by SDHNTR
Any one figured out a 1” tube, 16 oz max weight, with reliable dials yet? I’m not talking tactical and or competitive demands with repeated dialing over and over, I’m talking normal hunting use.

No BS and no bashing please (if that’s even possible). Just wondering if there’s anything new out that ticks these boxes.

Does not exist. And the idea that a scope will work for “hunting” dialing but not be built for tactical or competitive demands is incorrect. If a scope will work for dialing ten times, then it is a scope built to dial a thousand times. To dial correctly a scope must be designed and built for it. There is no way around this.

Originally Posted by SDHNTR
The 3-9x42 hd? Too tactical. I want a regular duplex reticle.

So it’s a “look” thing? The MQ reticle can be used as a duplex without issue. Then you have the benefit of actually being able to hold for wind instead of guessing....
more...
279 Views · 16 Comments
Hunting Rifles
2 hours ago
Originally Posted by kingston
Talley LW’s too... Oh the horror!

Living dangerously. I have talley lwts on my primary hunting rifle. Need to get some dye for some periodic ndt testing. Once every 2 months? (grin)...
more...
654 Views · 22 Comments
Hunter's Campfire
2 hours ago
I'm offended... BAN IT!!...
more...
1,179 Views · 36 Comments
Hunter's Campfire
2 hours ago
Originally Posted by Paddler
Listen up, Dipshit. You offered the bet of your own volition. I don't think anybody suggested it, you came up with it all by yourself. $20K, with no expiration date. That means I can accept your offer any time I choose. This is another example of why it's dangerous to believe fake news. Everything you know is wrong. Fox lies. The mainstream media is accurate. Trump is nothing but a bullsh*tter. He will be impeached and removed from office or will lose the 2020 election. I will let you know if and when I accept your wager. "NO EXPIRATION DATE"! Life is hard, BS. It's harder when you're stupid.
..............................Listen up dipshit???? Good! Ya pissed off??.......Oooooh I'm sooooo touched!!!

Does not matter Piddle PUSS whether or not I offered the bet by my own choice, whether or not anybody suggested it. or whether or not I came up with it all by myself...All is completely IRRELEVANT!!!,,,,,,,,And the ONLY offer that you can accept MORON, is the ONLY offer that I will put on the table FOR YOU TO either ACCEPT or DECLINE,,,MORON......You cannot accept any offer CLOWN,,,unless I agree to it...

Well well Piddles...You have just been BUSTED!!!...In your last above post. QUOTING you...."HE WILL BE IMPEACHED AND REMOVED from office OR will LOSE THE 2020 ELECTION...Well Puddle PUSS. Our bet was never about Trump losing the 2020 election....The bet was impeachment by the house and senate and then removal from office....Having second thoughts about full impeachment by the house and full impeachment by the senate followed by his removal from office?? Of course you are. That is why you want the no expiration date!! LOL>>>LOL...You think you are quite the manipulative SOB don't ya??

YOU FAILED TO ANSWER THE QUESTION in my last post....SO AGAIN Paddler PUSSY, here it is again IN CAP LETTERS just in case you have a reading and comprehension problem...

IF YOU ARE SO SURE THAT TRUMP WILL BE IMPEACHED AND THEN REMOVED FROM OFFICE,,,THEN WHY NOT PUT UP YOUR $$$$ ON OR BEFORE OCT 31st???............HMMMMM???.........Now try real hard and answer THAT question......And in your next reply, try and focus on an answer to THAT question...

Your diatribe and meaningless blather in your last post about fake news, Fox news, Fox lies, the mainstream media is accurate, Trump is nothing but a bullshitter and blah blah blah,,,is all TOTALLY IRRELEVANT. Means absolutely nothing to our wager....

Stick to answering my question there Mr. Piddles...................
more...
6,271 Views · 137 Comments
Page 1 of 218 1 2 3 217 218
RR1
Who's Online Now
87 registered members (Adamjp, AB2506, Basher, 01Foreman400, AKPENDUDE, Bearded, 7 invisible), 531 guests, and 539 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
RR2/3

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2019 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.