24hourcampfire.com
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Hunter's Campfire
2 seconds ago
I am going to go out and bring in the trashcans in a few minutes. I will carefully observe the environment prior to exiting the building w/ my firearm concealed. If the environment appears threatening I probably won't exit. I am pretty sure I can manage to not get shot. we'll see.

mike r...
more...
1,003 Views · 49 Comments
Ask The Gunwriters
33 seconds ago
Should also add that the standard allowable SAAMI variation in headspace for most rifle cartridges is plus or minus .007"--exactly half of the difference between the "Ackley" .290 AI and the "Nosler .280 AI." Again, this is typical rifle-loony obsessive minutiae....
more...
689 Views · 18 Comments
Hunter's Campfire
1 minute ago
Webcast is live -- LINK...
more...
59 Views · 1 Comments
Elk Hunting
2 minutes ago
I think for that kind of cash and looking out for wifeys welfare I’d make a quick scouting trip to that place before I spent that kind of money. Might be $500 well spent... just kinda “show up”....
more...
1,047 Views · 19 Comments
Hunter's Campfire
2 minutes ago
Originally Posted by huntsman22
Originally Posted by sandcritter
Maybe the corded Milwaukee 10 1/4” circular saw.

A mere childs toy......grin

[Linked Image from i26.photobucket.com]
[Linked Image from i26.photobucket.com]

That's an Old one.....
more...
616 Views · 45 Comments
IC-A
Hunter's Campfire
3 minutes ago
The corn, and beans are up, the first cutting of hay is down. A nice rain after the hay is in would be quite nice. The pasture grass is doing nicely. No complaints....
more...
74 Views · 1 Comments
Hunter's Campfire
4 minutes ago
Originally Posted by AKA_Spook
they could call it "2 1/2 White Guys"

Hahaha, winner winner........
more...
515 Views · 20 Comments
Hunter's Campfire
4 minutes ago
" ... In one particularly concerning development, police reported that some 50 to 70 guns were stolen from a store in Vacaville, a city just to the north of Fairfield, also in the greater San Francisco Bay Area ..."

Looks like the homies are gonna have a bunch of fun and games in Vacaville.

L.W....
more...
165 Views · 4 Comments
Hunter's Campfire
4 minutes ago
Originally Posted by Tarquin

That reminds me of the old National Review magazine I enjoyed reading in my youth. How did this guy get away with getting that published there?...
more...
694 Views · 10 Comments
Free Classifieds
4 minutes ago
Sold...
more...
557 Views · 4 Comments
IC-B
Free Classifieds
5 minutes ago
Missed by 11...
more...
43 Views · 3 Comments
Handguns
5 minutes ago
The Bisley grip can be made to fit, but it is a fair amount of work and you'll need a hammer and trigger from Dave Clements. www.clementscustomguns.com...
more...
58 Views · 2 Comments
Free Classifieds
5 minutes ago
$80...
more...
152 Views · 2 Comments
Free Classifieds
5 minutes ago
Have the following (1X) Brass & RCBS dies for sale. Please read description and look close at the pictures. These are the actual item you are buying. Feel free to ask questions or request more pictures of a specific item.

Shipping NOT included in Price but will combine when possible.

150 30/06 (1X) Commercial Mixed $45.00

120 + 35 Rem (1X) Mixed $40.00

160 + 308 Win Commercial (1X) Mixed $45.00

125 + 270 Win (1X) Mixed $35.00

150 30/06 (1X) Mixed $35.00

130 + 243 Win (1X) Mixed $35.00

115 + 257 Rob (1X) Mixed $40.00

RCBS 416 Rem Mag (22701) 2-Die Set NEW with Extra Seater Stem **($74.99 @ Midway) $60.00

As always first Public "I'll Take It" Followed by PM gets it. Will take Postal Money Order or PayPal + FEES "ONLY". May be listed elsewhere will go by time stamp

Thanks for looking
Doug
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]...
more...
14 Views · 0 Comments
Hunter's Campfire
6 minutes ago
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by okie
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
Originally Posted by okie

Never thought I would see a Pitt that was as sweet as a Lab but I guess we got lucky. She's a keeper.

Until you gt unlucky and she isn't sweet any more.

Fool.

I have trained horses and dogs for decades and am an excellent judge of character in both species. Either one can kill or maim you. No exceptions if they are strong enough to do so and Pitts absolutely fall into that category . Should they all be killed? No they have their uses and not all are bad.

Had a neighbor about four months ago working cattle in lots and an old cow hit a gate he was by and it hit him in the head killed him on the spot. Cattle can be dangerous too. Guess we should kill every one of those we see also.

I've started dozens of young horses under saddle and they are dangerous. If you do not know what you are doing you can easily and quickly get hurt or even dead. Guess we should kill all of them too.

I have a SIL that is highly trained Special Forces type. He can be dangerous if crossed and according to some of you fellas here he should be put down too.

The foolishness lies with folks that are afraid of something they can not control. This thread is easily along the lines that every snake that crawls around needs to be killed which is utter nonsense. The world is a dangerous place sometimes If you can not handle that I will suggest you stay hidden safely behind your keyboard and leave the management of Gods creatures to the professionals....

I don't know how to say this politely, but it is not going to stop me. There is so goddam much dumb in that post, I don't know where to start. You just compared a cow butting into a gate that hit a man to pit bull attacks. You just compared a highly trained soldier to a pit bull. Did you know that soldiers don't chew the face off of infants? Did you know that soldiers don't come pouring out from beneath doublewides in packs and attack kids and old men? For that matter, cows don't either. Frankly, I am more than a little disappointed to have to point this out to you. The foolishness lies with the people who use their keyboards to parade stupidity in front of the whole world.

I'll be blunt now You missed the point entirely....life with animals is dangerous at times. You Nancy ass bastards that advocate killing every class of animal (snake - dog etc) that scares you need to grow up or just stay on the porch in your safe zone. I've killed more stray dogs than most of you Nancy asses could even dream possible Pitts included ….

I know soldiers starting with my father who was in the 101 in WW2.

Cattle are dangerous.

Horses are dangerous.

Dogs can be dangerous.

There are very few people on the Campfire any more that aren't pussies....

I saddle my own horses and skotch my own snakes and most of you boys could not keep up with me on my worst day.

If I was riding a bicycle and could not keep a dog from biting me I would hang my head and scuff my toe in the dirt...stay on the porch...

There is a reason why most of the good folks have left this place and the pansy asses on this thread are a prime example why....
more...
3,521 Views · 122 Comments
Hunter's Campfire
7 minutes ago
In his j’accuse, Mattis excoriates the president for setting Americans against one another.

“Donald Trump is the first president in my lifetime who does not try to unite the American people—does not even pretend to try. Instead, he tries to divide us,” Mattis writes. “We are witnessing the consequences of three years of this deliberate effort. We are witnessing the consequences of three years without mature leadership. We can unite without him, drawing on the strengths inherent in our civil society. This will not be easy, as the past few days have shown, but we owe it to our fellow citizens; to past generations that bled to defend our promise; and to our children.”

Whoa there big fella!

Let's get straight to those that want to divide. Which Party is the party of identity politics? Which Party attacked a duly elected President protesting even BEFORE he was sworn into office? Which Party weaponized the might of the US Intelligence community to go after an incoming President and before that the candidate? Which Party threatened for a year to hold sham impeachment hearings on the basis of falsely obtain FISA Court warrants and spurious dossiers, and then held the impeachment?

When it comes right down to which side is preventing America from uniting and actively keeping us divided it is the DEMOCRAT Party.

The laughable thing about all of this is that Trump is actually quite socially moderate, and always has been. Much more moderate than conservatives like. He might be against late term and partial birth abortions, but that is far more moderate than, let's say Pense is on the subject. Trump worked in NYC and Hollywood. LGBT stuff doesn't phase him. He could care less.

truth is, that if the Dems and moderates had played it straight up with Trump from the start instead of outright Resist! and Obstruct! with all their bullcrap, Trumps biggest critics would be from the Right and not the Left. As it is, the Left has galvanized the Right, energized them and given them a reason to be motivated and vote.

They are strategic idiots, as is the Nevertrumper Mattis. Mattis didn't get his way about Syria. BTW, how's things with ISIS right now? Oh, they're toast. How's Assad in Syria? Ain't heard a peep outta him in a couple of years. Trump - 2, Mattis - 0 on Syria....
more...
991 Views · 40 Comments
Hunting Rifles
7 minutes ago
Originally Posted by Ndbowhunter
108gr eld-m in factory fodder?

Fits ar mags?

I’m all in.

Exactly. Many will like it many do not need it. Why in the world do a bunch of grumpy old Yankees feel the need to cry about it?...
more...
591 Views · 25 Comments
Hunter's Campfire
7 minutes ago
Originally Posted by Rugies
Originally Posted by mirage243
Michael's gonna hold him down and choke his ass out one night. Hope he chokes to death on her big ol' cock.

Imagine all the stealth and cloaking technologies available to the Obamas but they still couldnt hide mikes package.

I'm actually a little jealous. 😁...
more...
2,340 Views · 88 Comments
Free Classifieds
8 minutes ago
Replied back to you....
more...
1,404 Views · 18 Comments
Free Classifieds
8 minutes ago
bump...
more...
1,203 Views · 12 Comments
Hunting Rifles
8 minutes ago

Dillon buck, YEH RIO7...
more...
949 Views · 25 Comments
Custom Rifles & Wildcats
8 minutes ago
Travis builds some very nice rifles....
more...
93 Views · 6 Comments
Free Classifieds
9 minutes ago
Hunting clothes are very important for every person going there for a long time. That is why I like to use these stylish and warm pants for this purpose. They are convenient and reliable at the same time....
more...
129 Views · 2 Comments
Hunter's Campfire
9 minutes ago
Originally Posted by kenacp
Originally Posted by rlott
[quote=KF

Off topic but funny - I bought a Craftsman pusher around 18 years ago for 199.00. Got it home, assumed it had oil, started it up and made about 2.5 passes and it stalled. No oil. Oops. Put oil in it, turned it a few times via the blade, pulled the rope and it started. Still using it and it starts on the first pull and no, ive never changed the oil.

[/quote]

Got a self propelled Honda mower back in 97. Just changed the oil last year for the first time. Starts on the second pull every time....
more...
834 Views · 45 Comments
Hunter's Campfire
10 minutes ago
Oh, now you want the Poleece? I wish he'd a caught their sorry ass....
more...
328 Views · 12 Comments
Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 18 19
RR1
Who's Online Now
719 registered members (1234, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 10pointer, 10ring1, 86 invisible), 1,828 guests, and 984 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
RR2/3

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2020 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.