Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Bowhunting
7 seconds ago
Yes that’s correct... I’ve killed 4 bucks in the last 6 years that have made the book up to 151 “....
more...
1,719 Views · 48 Comments
Hunter's Campfire
24 seconds ago
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by Certifiable
It’s funny how often you are on here complaining about people and their attitudes but you refer to a young man just trying to do his job, who has shown you nothing but respect... AND thanked you for your service... As a zit faced millennial

I caught that too.

Good thing the kid wasn’t a vaper. Double whammy!...
more...
1,287 Views · 43 Comments
Hunter's Campfire
2 minutes ago
When you receive it and wanna learn what makes it tick,,,,, just remember,,,,,

Do NOT disassemble the action spring and bolt assembly (all operated up front in the wooden forearm area) off the bolt action spring guide tube!!!

Just be satisfied it’s all in good working order ( which it probably is).

smile...
more...
12,830 Views · 36 Comments
Hunter's Campfire
3 minutes ago
Not one of the democrats should walking free. They have all lied and broken the law. They do not represent the people....
more...
165 Views · 10 Comments
Free Classifieds
3 minutes ago
Aero Precision/MAS Defense 20" stainless barrel complete upper (bolt carrier group and charging handle included). Also comes with (1) 10 round mag. Upper only, NOT lower or scope. Just included a pick to show how it looks assembled.

Less than 50 rounds through it. Sells for $680 new and out of stock on MAS Defense site.

Asking $500 shipped....
more...
4 Views · 0 Comments
Alpha
Hunter's Campfire
3 minutes ago
Fire rock for sit down fancy get reservations

Js bar and grill

Silver fox is good too but put on your best 70s smoking jacket

There was some kind of pizza joint out on that east side in a strip mall that’s good for lunch....
more...
293 Views · 13 Comments
Gunsmithing
4 minutes ago
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
Update on this. I did a quick google search and found a local "gunsmith". Stopped by to see them, talked to one of the owners about doing it and he said it wouldn't be a problem, got a price of $35 per hole, and I left one of the barreled actions with him then and stopped by to drop the second off yesterday.

When I stopped by yesterday I was handed my original barreled action and told they weren't able to do it. Seems they'd drilled it out and partially tapped it but had a problem and were scared to mess up the action. So now I'm stuck with a hole I can't use the original 8-36 with and isn't tapped deep enough to hold the Bad Ord bottom metal pillar tight with the 1/4-28. Gave me a discount so I only had to pay $25 rather than $35....great deal...only cost me $25 to make it unusable.

https://kodasgunandpawn.com/

Is the steel extra hard for some reason ?? This is a pretty mundane chore unless the steel is something special. Ruger stainless steel is pretty hard and doesn't cut well if you have a highspeed steel tool. Carbide drill bits are required to cut it to the right dimension before taping. I have heard the K98's, Edyfields and 1903's can have some super hard steel.

kwg...
more...
806 Views · 24 Comments
Free Classifieds
4 minutes ago
I’ll take them. Please PM me payment details. Thanks....
more...
216 Views · 6 Comments
Hunter's Campfire
4 minutes ago
Originally Posted by hatari
Originally Posted by simonkenton7

Bernie Sanders says he'd back Joe Biden or any other Dem nominee
The missteps and faults of the candidates have lead to speculation about whether Hillary Clinton may consider entering the race and kicking off a potential 2016 rematch between her and President Trump.

A source close to Clinton told The Washington Post it’s unlikely she’ll run — but it’s not completely out of the picture.

“Ultimately, it’s unlikely she would do it,” the source said. “But put it this way: It ain’t zero. And does she think about it all the time? Absolutely.”

Another Clinton insider told the newspaper, “Her view is: I ran against this guy, I know how to do this.”

“She has battle scars to prove it,” the source added.

Hillary won't run. Oh, she WANTS to be President, but she won't run.

She doesn't have the health (or sobriety) to do another full campaign. She does not have the backing of the money people anymore. Nobody in her Party wants her running the show bullying and insulting everyone she in contact with. What she wants is to be drafted at the Convention. Then she only is required to campaign for 8 weeks and makes it difficult for the GOP to mount a defense - she thinks...

You will attain enlightenment, hatari Grasshopper, when you come to the realization that THE VILE HARRIDAN IS RUNNING.

Thank you for your attention,
signed,

Your Sensei...
more...
542 Views · 10 Comments
Big Game Rifles
4 minutes ago
Brad,

I run 200 Hornadys at 2,600 normally. I agree I should back off. Going to shoot for between 2,650 and 2,700. I just hope I can get the accuracy figured out.

-Z...
more...
230 Views · 6 Comments
Bravo
Hunter's Campfire
5 minutes ago
https://www.currypilot.com/news/upd...678909c-f5b9-11e9-ba10-bf18ef7660f8.html

A loud explosion was heard after the fire became visible. Reports have come in that it is Pac-Nor Barreling, Inc., manufacturers of precision rifle barrels. Everyone is safe according to the Del Norte Curry County Scanner Feed.

Flames have fully engulfed the structure with major damage. A specialized forest crew is on the scene.

Bruce...
more...
24 Views · 0 Comments
Hunter's Campfire
6 minutes ago
Originally Posted by AB2506
I think I read someplace that a SF soldier said that NATO should have never occupied and tried to "civilize" Afghanistan. He said the best successes were when SF soldiers hunted the Taliban and high value targets and when required called in the bombers and attack choppers. You cannot civilize a society that does not want to be civilized as we know it. The only way to do it is virtually depopulate the region and start afresh.

Maybe some of the ancient societies and African tribes etc had it right. When you conquer a village, all the men and boys are killed or put into slavery. The women and girls are raped by the conquering soldiers, kept as wives or sold into slavery. No reprisals, unless the women put teach their sons to rebell as they grow up.

Maybe trump doesn't know how? All he's doing is crying about money and throwing in the towel the fuggin baby

"So far we're in for $7 trillion, fellas ... $7 trillion including Iraq. Worst decision ever and we're stuck with it."
more...
793 Views · 39 Comments
Hunter's Campfire
6 minutes ago
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
But why did the Japanese bomb Pearl Harbor in the first place?The war wasn't about Pearl Harbor.
It is obvious that you know your stuff about a lot of things. What in a nutshell caused it. I would think it was a contest over who was going to exploit Asia. And Japan had ambitions of an Asian empire which the U.S. interest in the same real estate was thwarting....
more...
1,207 Views · 51 Comments
Free Classifieds
6 minutes ago
message sent...
more...
60 Views · 2 Comments
Ask The Gunwriters
6 minutes ago
Question for the OP. Did the first shot go through and through and exit?...
more...
299 Views · 6 Comments
Hunter's Campfire
7 minutes ago
Originally Posted by Etoh
Originally Posted by justsaymoe
Originally Posted by Armednfree
Every statin drug I've taken results in some muscular myopathy. Weakness and pain, stiffness. I tell my doctor this and he says I need it anyway because I'm a diabetic. I do not have high cholesterol with an LDL of 84 and an HDL of 51 and a total of 165. Why I need a statin without high cholesterol I don't understand.

So I tell the doctor that it always causes me pain and he says I need to take it anyway. Why is it OK to have pain?

My sister tells me CQ-10 helps with this so I'm going to give it a try.

Have you tried pravastatin or rosuvustatin? they are both water soluble (as opposed to fat soluble). I take pravastatin now and have no ill effects. Zocor (fat soluble) was bad for me. CQ10 is cheap and worth a try.

if you are going to take a statin, use the combinations like Vytorin etc. far better product.

Vytorin has Zocor/simvastatin in it.....no thanks

Originally Posted by Etoh
Originally Posted by WhiteTail48
CBD oil, should now be legal in your state.

Or put a sign in your drive way, saying "Deposit old prescription drugs here" and get a PDR

PDR is nothing but package inserts. You can get them on the net for free....
more...
1,224 Views · 57 Comments
Hunter's Campfire
7 minutes ago
International cheapo Muslim labor smuggling. In a refrigerated unit. Could be, the reefer malfunctioned, and piped CO into the trailer.
Could be, they just got locked into the trailer for a few days, the guys breathed up all the oxygen and, it was lights out.

Wie Schade....
more...
164 Views · 1 Comments
Varmint Rifles
8 minutes ago
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by ingwe
50 gr bullet...38.0 grains of H380...

Duh

Damn, I'm going to have to try that in my Stevens 200. I guess It may not be shooting to it's full potential...:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I learn something new here every day...

Are you trying to say you're using 38 grains of H380, or something else?

What?...
more...
336 Views · 21 Comments
Hunter's Campfire
8 minutes ago
Like somebody already said "East Texas" is a big place. My part of East Texas is between the Angolina and Sabine River. This was considered "no man's land" prior to the domestication of Mexico and the Louisiana Purchase. The people who landed here (settled would be an exaggeration) were either tough as hell, badasses or stupid.
I won't get into the weeds about that, but it was unusual for a male to die from natural causes.

Obviously, it's different now. The Government seized a lot of our land to make Sam Rayburn and Toledo Bend lakes and people from all over the world started wanting a piece of the country's best bass lakes.

Now we just whistle Dixie and watch the world go to Hell....
more...
990 Views · 53 Comments
Big Game Rifles
8 minutes ago
I had a model 70 in 270, 1957 vintage that two grouped like crazy. I discussed the matter at length with several of the Campfire Illuminati and took their suggestions, re-bedding the action, floating the barrel, playing with the barrel screw, changing the scope. Nothing stopped the two grouping. The rifle couldn’t keep the two grouping under two inches at 100yards. Turns out all the rifle was trying to tell me was she hated Nosler bullets with a passion. I’m a Nosler first person and I just couldn’t believe it. Subsequent tests with the Sierra Gamechanger and Berger VLD’s both produced groups under a quarter inch.

Still can’t believe it nor understand it......
more...
302 Views · 6 Comments
Small Game
8 minutes ago
I'm ashamed to say that I haven't even gone squirrel hunting this year. Busy working on the house....... I know, that's no excuse. Please don't take my man-card. frown...
more...
38 Views · 1 Comments
Hunter's Campfire
8 minutes ago
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

Today I looked behind me and saw another rider coming. When he was several hundred yards back, I pulled in ahead of my wife. He passed about a minute after I did and said "ride single file." Not sure I heard him right I asked "what did you say?" He said "ride single file." I laid into him. "I was single file you dumb mother ffuukker." He snarked back "you weren't" I said "I singled up well before you got here you goddam dumb mother ffuukker."

Meh, it wasn't any skin off my back telling him what I thought. I asked my wife if that embarrassed her when I said stuff like that. She said not when you say it to an idiot mother ffuukker.

Given the fact you look all of 130 skinny lbs, and you wear a clown suit, I find it highly unlikely you said anything close to that unless you were talking to a woman or little kid. Otherwise you likely spent the next 15 minutes picking your teeth up off the highway....
more...
132,126 Views · 597 Comments
Free Classifieds
9 minutes ago
SPF To Crappie_Killer. Thank You sir....
more...
958 Views · 6 Comments
Hunter's Campfire
9 minutes ago
In several states it does indeed. Be thankful your not living in one of them. Say a pray for those of us that do....
more...
128 Views · 5 Comments
Hunting Rifles
10 minutes ago
Well, kind of took sticks advice, ordered a vudoo.....and a Christensen Mesa .300 PRC.....thanks everyone for the input...
more...
1,214 Views · 36 Comments
Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 20 21
RR1
Who's Online Now
738 registered members (2500HD, 17Hunter, 19352012, 1Longbow, 84 invisible), 2,398 guests, and 367 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
RR2/3

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2019 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.