Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by jwp475
Originally Posted by Whelenman
I’m a union member, have been since 1971: I voted for Trump both times, and I will again!!!!!!

Same here, I donated 1000 bucks to Trump national committee, I do my part.

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Originally Posted by BuzzH
Originally Posted by Raeford
Originally Posted by Direct_Drive
'
Evidence ^^^ that the general public will never be convinced because they have never been in a lunch shack on a heavy construction jobsite and listened to the conversations.
And that's the way it is.

/thread

Do 'they' have no say in what their dues are used for?
How do the officers get those positions?
Do they just elect themselves?

Officers are voted in by the dues paying members. Anyone is free to run against any officer as long as they pay dues.

I've been elected 2 terms for our local VP, 3 terms for local President, also legislative chairman twice.
How much cock was sucked to get there🤣🤣

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BuzzH
Officers are voted in by the dues paying members. Anyone is free to run against any officer as long as they pay dues.
I've been elected 2 terms for our local VP, 3 terms for local President, also legislative chairman twice.
Y'all are federal bureaucrats, not even in the class with actual working people. There is a huge difference between government employees and labor. I've done both, have you?

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by taylorce1
Originally Posted by Huntz
You can opt to have none of your dues go to political parties.
Union Officials are voted in by the members that bother to vote. Just like Political elections .
No one votes them selves in . Bad Union officers get in by apathetic Union members . Just like Political officers.

I'm a member of the Brotherhood of Locomotive Engineers, my union falls under the umbrella of the Teamsters. I used to be UTU until I promoted to engineer. I've been in a labor union since 2012 when I hired out on the railroad. Ever since I hired out the old guys who hired on before 1985 were staunch Democrats, saying I needed to vote my job.

So I started under Obama and currently under Biden, my best four years on the railroad was under Trump. The work was as much as we could handle, and until the plandemic with its supply chain issues slowed things down. This last year the guys that have hired on recently have a bleak future for work as Bidenomics is going to cause more damage than Covid.

The heads of the unions are just another political class who are out of touch with its constituents. So when I vote, I vote for whomever isn't the incumbent. I don't know if that's the right vote or not as we get so little info on the candidates outside of our regional level. However, I want to disrupt the status quo. The national unions aren't in favor of the workers anymore IMO, they're just another political ruling (lobbying) class that wants to rub elbows with DC elites for a photo OP.

So I vote my job like the old guys said to do, and I tell everyone the same. I vote for the person that says and will actually try to stimulate our economy. As I told the first "old head" who told me I sounded like a republican, "Without an economy I don't work, and if Obama is so great why did we put 200 coal trains in storage when I was less than a year on the job?" The company never did pull all those trains out of storage, and under Biden we've been parking even more.

So of course I'm going to vote my job, I'm going to vote for the candidate that wants me doing mine. I left the UTU union because the President brought up a vote that would remove the conductor's job from thru-freight trains. It failed thankfully, but I promoted and got the hell out. I never understood how reducing working conductors by 2/3 was good for anyone but the companies bottom line and more than likely some sort of kickback to the UTU president. It sure isn't good for a bloated top heavy union to cut its dues by 66%.

You're a "hoghead" huh?
I was a "mudhop" for 15 years.
BRAC (clerks) sold us down the river when they started computerizing way bills and train lists. (mid 70's)
"Iron wheels" is about all today's railroads have in common with the railroads of twenty years ago!

If I'm not mistaken, the BLE (Brotherhood of Locomotive Engineers) combined with the BRT (Brotherhood of Railway Trainmen) to become the UTU (United Transportation Union).
Best I recall, the UTU didn't do a good job of representing both.
When the RR's cutoff all the brake men to go to the two man crews, I can only surmise the BRT.
With the two man crews consisting of an engineer and conductor, are both BLE?

Last edited by MartinStrummer; 04/26/24.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by BamBam
I’m a union member, have been since 1971: I voted for Trump both times, and I will again!!!!!!

LOL, not near enough to offset what you paid to the Democrat Party

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
IC B2

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by steve4102

What a hysterical Karen you are Steve...

Your brokedick VJJ ain't never given no dime ta nobody...

BTW... Refresh me on Board Feet sumtime.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C

+1

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B

You know what Steve, [bleep] YOU!!!! you never satisfied no matter what you’re never ever satisfied. What did you put into Trump‘s national committee? You don’t like unions,too effing bad. You probably just pissed off you never could get into a union and make some decent money.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

You know what Steve, [bleep] YOU!!!! you never satisfied no matter what you’re never ever satisfied. What did you put into Trump‘s national committee? You don’t like unions,too effing bad. You probably just pissed off you never could get into a union and make some decent money.
Doesn’t change the FACT that you are funding Trump’s enemies in exchange for your Thirty Pieces of Silver. Enjoy

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by MartinStrummer
If I'm not mistaken, the BLE (Brotherhood of Locomotive Engineers) combined with the BRT (Brotherhood of Railway Trainmen) to become the UTU (United Transportation Union).
Best I recall, the UTU didn't do a good job of representing both.
....With the two man crews consisting of an engineer and conductor, are both BLE?

No, the BLE and UTU have never merged. They are still two separate unions.

Doesn’t change the FACT that you are funding Trump’s enemies in exchange for your Thirty Pieces of Silver. Enjoy

It also doesn't change the fact that if you live in the USA everyone here probably contributes more to the Democrats than Trump. Any technology you use that comes from a major tech company gives more money to the DNC in a year than most unions. Before you call people out, take a look around your house. Do you see any Amazon boxes, use AT&T or Verison, how about Apple, Microsoft, Intel, IBM, or Microsoft? If you do then your as big of a Judas as those you're calling out.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I left the UAW for supporting Hillary.

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing 1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Union Workers seem to be slow learners......

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Eat me Toby!

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
The real question here is...

If you have the need to buy a new car will you:

A) Buy one made by Union employees?

B) Buy one made by non-union employees?

--------------------------------------

If you have the need to send children to a K-12 school... will you:

A) Send to send them to one with Teacher Union employees?

B) Send to send them to one with no Teacher Union employees?

That kinda thing...

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
If you have the need to buy a new home... will you:

A) Buy one built exclusively with Union employees?

B) Buy one built with regular craftsmen/tradesmen?

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by CashisKing
If you have the need to buy a new home... will you:

A) Buy one built exclusively with Union employees?

B) Buy one built with regular craftsmen/tradesmen?

I'll buy the house my wife wants, regardless of who built it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Unions saved America and then they ruined it.

"You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
~Admiral Yamamoto~

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. ~Thomas Jefferson~
R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by 12344mag

None of the union bashing here makes any sense. Maybe it did in '65 in the Carolinas.........................

Make it make sense first.

Toss the benefits and take a significant pay cut just so that I know I would contribute less to the dnc? That makes zero sense.

Would have to quit shopping wal mart as well, half their political donations go to the dnc. The other grocery store here is union.

I am going to the trapping class at the local F&G office. Maybe I should stop engaging in anything ran by the gubment too? Naw, I want to trap.

It isn't energy that kills, its holes.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by RMiller2
Originally Posted by 12344mag

None of the union bashing here makes any sense. Maybe it did in '65 in the Carolinas.........................

Make it make sense first.

Toss the benefits and take a significant pay cut just so that I know I would contribute less to the dnc? That makes zero sense.

Would have to quit shopping wal mart as well, half their political donations go to the dnc. The other grocery store here is union.

I am going to the trapping class at the local F&G office. Maybe I should stop engaging in anything ran by the gubment too? Naw, I want to trap.

When you advocate for a POS like Tester because he’s “pro-labor” there is going to be very little common ground politically

MAGA
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Steve4102
Doesn’t change the FACT that you are funding Trump’s enemies in exchange for your Thirty Pieces of Silver. Enjoy[/quote]

taylorce1 is spot on correct.
The largest freight mover in the U.S. is the railroads.
I can't think of a single railroad that is not union!
Truckers, bless their pea picking hearts are second.
Not all truckers are union. Lot'sa independent contractors!
Not sure where airlines fall in volume, but I'm sure they're up there.

Honestly, I have absolutely NO love for unions...BUT...if you removed everthing made or moved by union hands, you'd probably be living in a hand hewn log cabin eating home preserved goods with hand carved wooden utensils!
Food, clothing, tools, GUNS.... Just about anything needed for everyday life.
So, whether you want it to or not, a percentage of what you spend on a daily basis falls into union hands.
Que sera, sera!

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

590 members (16penny, 10gaugeman, 17Hunter, 163bc, 1234, 10gaugemag, 65 invisible), 2,149 guests, and 1,202 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,824
Posts18,496,551
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.